NATION

PASSWORD

The Sovereign Pony Alliance (All-Tech, open, OOC sign-ups)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:39 pm

So after being advised to watch the APU thread, I do have a question for our resident APU envoy: Is it always a massive dick measuring contest of some kind or another? That's the vibe I'm getting.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Fantrum wrote:So after being advised to watch the APU thread, I do have a question for our resident APU envoy: Is it always a massive dick measuring contest of some kind or another? That's the vibe I'm getting.

could you expand on this please?
Tee Hee
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Fantrum wrote:So after being advised to watch the APU thread, I do have a question for our resident APU envoy: Is it always a massive dick measuring contest of some kind or another? That's the vibe I'm getting.

could you expand on this please?
Tee Hee

Ho ho he he, but seriously, it's in pretty bad taste to behave like that.
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Fantrum wrote:
Crysuko wrote:could you expand on this please?
Tee Hee

Ho ho he he, but seriously, it's in pretty bad taste to behave like that.

I don't really see what you mean, we get pretty excited abouts weapons and whatnot but as for waving pernuswaving contests, I don't think that applies.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Fantrum wrote:Ho ho he he, but seriously, it's in pretty bad taste to behave like that.

I don't really see what you mean, we get pretty excited abouts weapons and whatnot but as for waving pernuswaving contests, I don't think that applies.

Eh, see I come from a different sect of the wide world of role playing, not better not worse, just different. What is going on in your thread, to me, appears as a pissing contest. It's merely an opinion I suppose.

Squeeheart
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Squeeheart » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Everyone here needs to calm down and especially stop with the profanity. Deal with it in the telegrams, not here.

Also...

Rule #3. Please refrain from posting here unless you are applying or already a member, this is to keep the place organized.

Unless there is another invitation to a roleplay we kindly ask for members of the Anti-Ponyist Union to stop posting here.

Equestria and Griffon
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Equestria and Griffon » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:28 pm

Nation Name:The Almost Island Republic of Equestria and Griffon
Head of State:The Princesses
Tech-Level:11-12 in GURPS
Political System:Dual Monarchy/Democrasy
(IC)Reason For Joining:Because this is a pony union.
Link to RP Example(optional):
Last edited by Equestria and Griffon on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a living shitpost.

PONIES UNITE!!!

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Squeeheart wrote:Everyone here needs to calm down and especially stop with the profanity. Deal with it in the telegrams, not here.

Also...

Rule #3. Please refrain from posting here unless you are applying or already a member, this is to keep the place organized.

Unless there is another invitation to a roleplay we kindly ask for members of the Anti-Ponyist Union to stop posting here.

There are no rules against profanity usage on NS. And, sorry, but i'm not going to stop saying words that people started believing were bad over a 700 year old superstition which arose during the days of the Black Plague. As long as i'm within rules, i'll use my language as desired. Sorry to disappoint with that, but that's just me and my opinion.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Squeeheart wrote:Everyone here needs to calm down and especially stop with the profanity. Deal with it in the telegrams, not here.

Also...

Again, I dont understand why this is being said, you're asking two people who are having a conversation to calm down when neither of us are fighting. And what profanity? Because other than dick and pernus there wasnt any and I dont count those as profanity.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Fantrum wrote:

Also...

Again, I dont understand why this is being said, you're asking two people who are having a conversation to calm down when neither of us are fighting. And what profanity? Because other than dick and pernus there wasnt any and I dont count those as profanity.

The word piss is generally regarded (at least in America) as profanity.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

GlobalControl
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby GlobalControl » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Also...

Do not say We. It Implies you speak for the Group when you do not. Please Refrain from that.
The Anderan Confederacy
Historical Archive: The Long War | BlueBox Comms

OOC:
2014-2023 | Veteran of NS, formerly cringe, currently 'tired and apathetic'. | I am, unfortunately, a furry.| If you don't want a cat to scratch your furniture, don't get a cat. | If it weren't obvious NS Stats are not canon.
Discord: voxapollyon

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:09 pm

So hows life everyone?

GlobalControl
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby GlobalControl » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Fantrum wrote:So hows life everyone?

Slow and Boring for me.
Last edited by GlobalControl on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Anderan Confederacy

OOC:
2014-2023 | Veteran of NS, formerly cringe, currently 'tired and apathetic'. | I am, unfortunately, a furry.| If you don't want a cat to scratch your furniture, don't get a cat. | If it weren't obvious NS Stats are not canon.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Globalcontrol wrote:
Fantrum wrote:So hows life everyone?

Slow and Boring for me.

They got their RP up, and its open for anyone, so Im gonna join and see if I can have any fun :3

Red Eye
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 12, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Eye » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Good evening, friends. I trust you all are getting along just fine?
My signature is my mark on ponykind.
PONIES UNITE!!!

GlobalControl
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby GlobalControl » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Red Eye wrote:Good evening, friends. I trust you all are getting along just fine?

Eh. A Schism or to here or there.
Last edited by GlobalControl on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Anderan Confederacy

OOC:

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Red Eye wrote:Good evening, friends. I trust you all are getting along just fine?

Hows it goin?

Red Eye
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Eye » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Fantrum wrote:

Hows it goin?

I have a blistering headache, but all is good.

I do not have any role plays at the moment, unfortunately. I am surprised people joined up so quickly. Judging by the remarks towards the APU, I'm assuming none of you are interested in playing with them?
PONIES UNITE!!!

Red Eye
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Eye » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Excuse me for a moment while I review some applications.
PONIES UNITE!!!

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Red Eye wrote:
Fantrum wrote:Hows it goin?

I have a blistering headache, but all is good.

I do not have any role plays at the moment, unfortunately. I am surprised people joined up so quickly. Judging by the remarks towards the APU, I'm assuming none of you are interested in playing with them?

Ive signed up for the one that they have got going, the IC is somewhere on their OOC

Red Eye
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Eye » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Aravea, Fantrum, and Equestria and Griffon.

All of your applications are accepted. Sorry, Ara I accidentally overlooked yours. Equestria and Griffon... yours is a little barebones, no?
PONIES UNITE!!!

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Fantrum wrote:Ho ho he he, but seriously, it's in pretty bad taste to behave like that.

The issue I see with it is that it feels like it's heading in a direction where any RP would result in one side attempting to 'win' the RP. You're, of course, welcome to build your nation up, and RP weapons development, the problem is that it seems to be creating the impression that the APU wants to RP to win. That many people seem to want to cram PMT into a MT RP is one of the things that drives this impression. I know that not all people are like this, but I just want to head off any potential wank-off between various RP groups. Feel free to do write ups of whatever you want, just know that when push comes to shove, they'll have to fit to the 'work as well as needs to for the sake of plot' explanation.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Lubyak wrote:...So why not just call it FanT then RP all the cruelty and torture and what not? Show don't tell after all.

Tell them, i'm just paraphrasing

Alas, as the APU rejected my application, I am not allowed to post there as per OP request. Believe me, I would love to try and help out, but I have specifically been told not to.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Lubyak wrote:
Crysuko wrote:I don't really see what you mean, we get pretty excited abouts weapons and whatnot but as for waving pernuswaving contests, I don't think that applies.

The issue I see with it is that it feels like it's heading in a direction where any RP would result in one side attempting to 'win' the RP. You're, of course, welcome to build your nation up, and RP weapons development, the problem is that it seems to be creating the impression that the APU wants to RP to win. That many people seem to want to cram PMT into a MT RP is one of the things that drives this impression. I know that not all people are like this, but I just want to head off any potential wank-off between various RP groups. Feel free to do write ups of whatever you want, just know that when push comes to shove, they'll have to fit to the 'work as well as needs to for the sake of plot' explanation.

No need to bring this back up, its been settled

Spendor
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spendor » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Nation Name: Federated Communities of Spendor
Head of State: non-resident, legendary founder (think “Sikander” from the “The Man Who Would Be King”) Trixie Lulamoon
Head of Government: Peachy Rudyard, chancellor
Tech-Level: magic & limited “future” tech.
Political System: “fractal” republic, it looks the same at each level; high degree of autonomy among the communities
(IC)Reason For Joining: The communities are concerned at the potential of rising levels of anti-pony sentiment & wish to align with friendly, like-minded nations for mutual defense & trade.
Link to RP Example(optional): [OOC: it’s been a while, so it may take some time to locate a sample; still, I wanted to see about getting started]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates