NATION

PASSWORD

The Anti-Ponyist Union (Reboot/All-Tech)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:22 pm

Xilonite wrote:
Jute wrote:You find it unrealistic that ponies, unlike humans, could be the dominative species in an empire?

Yes...

They don't exist. Enough said. Secondly, it would also be more of a Dictatorship rather than Democratic. Yupp. Ponies are dictators behind the mask.

Neither does your nation :P The second point is debatable, though
TVtropes wrote:There's also the interpretation that she's [Princess Celestia] full evil, ruling a Crapsaccharine World as a vicious tyrant who enforces conformity, segregation and control. These can vary from her being a Knight Templar who sees such control as needed to keep Equestria from falling apart, to Despotism Justifies the Means, focused on keeping her control over the land by any means necessary.

Some fans have noted that devastating, highly important events in Equestrian history are either completely unknown to the general populace (Discord's reign, the disappearance of the Crystal Empire) or only known through inaccurate myths (Nightmare Moon's longest night). They thus speculate that Celestia regularly alters official histories to remove undesirable elements, which in turn has speculations as to whether she does this out of misguided benevolence or a malicious attempt to hide her own mistakes.note
Some fans have also noted the rather troubling number of ponies who have feared being banished by the princessnote . Are they just being paranoid, or does Princess Celestia have a history of banishing ponies for arguably minor infractions of the law?

Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Jute wrote:You find it unrealistic that ponies, unlike humans, could be the dominative species in an empire?

Sapient pastel colored ponies in general are unrealistic, that's why there a substantial amount of role plays bearing that hilariously hypocritical and specific "No ponies" rule. You know, "cuz fer reelizm".

It's humorous when Otaku-based nations do it.
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Jute wrote:
Xilonite wrote:Exactly. I'm aware of what bronies say here and in RL. And I can tell you that those that dwell on the Internet, (via NS), are the worse. I'm not bashing none of them, but it doesn't make any sense as to why act like dominant species and speak utter nonsense.

Arrogant? I'm aware of that. But as I stated, speaking ICly here. Not OOCly.

You find it unrealistic that ponies, unlike humans, could be the dominative species in an empire?

Pokémon will always dominate MLP! ALWAYS!

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Ozzy wrote:

Sapient pastel colored ponies in general are unrealistic, that's why there a substantial amount of role plays bearing that hilariously hypocritical and specific "No ponies" rule. You know, "cuz fer reelizm".

Strange, I've never seen it. But I agree it's a bit of a double standard. Anywhere, more evidence from Tvtropes that the Ponylands are really a fascist autocracy:
The land of Equestria as a whole might be a less-than utopian autocracy where the unicorns stay in power thanks to their control over magic and learning, and the pony population as a whole oppresses and even enslaves the other hoofed races. The posters in this discussion thread analyze the show and eventually come to the conclusion that Equestria is basically a fascist utopia, rife with rigid caste systems, engineered environments, slavery, class imbalance, all controlled at the beck and call of an all-powerful, godlike being that somehow manages to keep her subjects ignorant of the underlying problems of their society.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Xilonite
Envoy

Founded: Mar 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xilonite » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Ozzy wrote:

LOL. It is.

Jute wrote:
Ozzy wrote:Sapient pastel colored ponies in general are unrealistic, that's why there a substantial amount of role plays bearing that hilariously hypocritical and specific "No ponies" rule. You know, "cuz fer reelizm".

Strange, I've never seen it. But I agree it's a bit of a double standard. Anywhere, more evidence from Tvtropes that the Ponylands are really a fascist autocracy:
The land of Equestria as a whole might be a less-than utopian autocracy where the unicorns stay in power thanks to their control over magic and learning, and the pony population as a whole oppresses and even enslaves the other hoofed races. The posters in this discussion thread analyze the show and eventually come to the conclusion that Equestria is basically a fascist utopia, rife with rigid caste systems, engineered environments, slavery, class imbalance, all controlled at the beck and call of an all-powerful, godlike being that somehow manages to keep her subjects ignorant of the underlying problems of their society.

Yeah.

In conclusion, my point has been made clear. I don't like ponies ICly rather than OOCly. :P
|Other|Military|International|
~•Feel free to shoot a TG. I'm always online.•~

The High Lords
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Can we expand the scope of this Union to include furries too?
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
Being politically correct is so 2010
#Bernie

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:45 pm

The High Lords wrote:Can we expand the scope of this Union to include furries too?

I don't think that would be necessary for APU.

Anyway, why did Otulia resign from the APU? Because he is also a member of the MSU, which the casual person will see as a conflict of interest.

The High Lords
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
The High Lords wrote:Can we expand the scope of this Union to include furries too?

Anyway, why did Otulia resign from the APU? Because he is also a member of the MSU, which the casual person will see as a conflict of interest.

It's the same idea, though. I move that we incorporate it.
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
Being politically correct is so 2010
#Bernie

Xilonite
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Xilonite » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Stormwrath wrote:

I'm just going to point it out that this is for ponies and ponies only. Mkay? mkay.

If you want this APU expanded, talk to Ozzy. I have no business in this idea nor will I ever handle such proposition.

Allancia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allancia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Xilonite wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:I don't think that would be necessary for APU.

I'm just going to point it out that this is for ponies and ponies only. Mkay? mkay.

If you want this APU expanded, talk to Ozzy. I have no business in this idea nor will I ever handle such proposition.

*Acceptable passiveness intensifies*
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
-George Bush

Xilonite
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Xilonite » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Allancia wrote:
Xilonite wrote:I'm just going to point it out that this is for ponies and ponies only. Mkay? mkay.

*Acceptable passiveness intensifies*

Lol.

I see no reason to hate the furries. They didn't do anything to the APU to cause us to hate them. It is bad enough I got to deal with a massive group of equines 1 by 1. But them included? no. I genuinely don't approve of such offer until they do something to us.

Allancia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allancia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Xilonite wrote:
Allancia wrote:*Acceptable passiveness intensifies*

Lol.

I see no reason to hate the furries. They didn't do anything to the APU to cause us to hate them. It is bad enough I got to deal with a massive group of equines 1 by 1. But them included? no. I genuinely don't approve of such offer until they do something to us.

Good thinking. We could use their breeding abilities for cannon fodder working labor.
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
-George Bush

Ozzy
Minister

Postby Ozzy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Nope, my immense (OOC) hatred for furries will only create conflict in the RP field. While I have entertained the idea, it's just that furries (especially role players) aren't exactly common on NS any more.

Of course if we take the route of anti-furry operations, I seriously won't be involved.

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

Allancia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allancia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Ozzy wrote:

Nope, my immense (OOC) hatred for furries will only create conflict in the RP field. While I have entertained the idea, it's just that furries (especially role players) aren't exactly common on NS any more.

Of course if we take the route of anti-furry operations, I seriously won't be involved.

I'm conflicted...
You hate furries, but you won't commit hate crimes against them. That's how they work. You either hate them, or you are one.
-George Bush

Xilonite
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Xilonite » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Ozzy wrote:

Exactly.

Just stick with what we got.

Allancia wrote:
Ozzy wrote:Nope, my immense (OOC) hatred for furries will only create conflict in the RP field. While I have entertained the idea, it's just that furries (especially role players) aren't exactly common on NS any more.

I'm conflicted...
You hate furries, but you won't commit hate crimes against them. That's how they work. You either hate them, or you are one.

If the APU goes against all furries as well, then there would be a conflict. A great... conflict.

Allancia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allancia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Xilonite wrote:
Ozzy wrote:Nope, my immense (OOC) hatred for furries will only create conflict in the RP field. While I have entertained the idea, it's just that furries (especially role players) aren't exactly common on NS any more.

Exactly.

Allancia wrote:I'm conflicted...

If the APU goes against all furries as well, then there would be a conflict. A great... conflict.

Blood all across the forums. Exhausted mods trying to resuscitate their dead comrades.
-George Bush

Xilonite
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Xilonite » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Allancia wrote:
Xilonite wrote:Exactly.

Blood all across the forums. Exhausted mods trying to resuscitate their dead comrades.

Hmmm...

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:00 am

I'll try to get the thread done then. Only need the rules, applications and some more details for the start.

Ozzy
Minister

Postby Ozzy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:47 am

Allancia wrote:I'm conflicted...

Well partner, the reason you may be conflicted is probably because you just failed to distinguish IC from OOC traits in your first sentence. My biased negative view on furries will only cause trouble among any role playing with them, hence I don't bother.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 am

I have an idea for an RP-The Ponies have begun a massive world-wide coup. The governments of the world are slowly falling like dominos. Then by accident a stranded group of soldiers find out about Pokemon and decide to fight Ponies with Pokemon.

Xilonite
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Xilonite » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:23 am

Osnil wrote:I have an idea for an RP-The Ponies have begun a massive world-wide coup. The governments of the world are slowly falling like dominos. Then by accident a stranded group of soldiers find out about Pokemon and decide to fight Ponies with Pokemon.

Wait, what does Pokémon have to do with ponies?

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:11 am

Xilonite wrote:
Osnil wrote:I have an idea for an RP-The Ponies have begun a massive world-wide coup. The governments of the world are slowly falling like dominos. Then by accident a stranded group of soldiers find out about Pokemon and decide to fight Ponies with Pokemon.

They're going going to crush them.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:12 am

Xilonite wrote:

Nothing, that user just likes them.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:23 am

Jute wrote:
Xilonite wrote:Wait, what does Pokémon have to do with ponies?

Nothing, that user just likes them.

They are an excellent way to get rid of the equinine disease.

Dragvania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragvania » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Osnil wrote:
Xilonite wrote:In RL, I don't hate ponies. I don't have some sick and twisted fantasy of killing them in so many ways. Honestly, I don't have a problem with ponies OOCly. But ICly, I don't like them because the word "superior" doesn't really fit their title at all whatsoever.

Not even MLPs? Ponyta is a REAL Pony. The MLPs are just stupid looking excuses for some lame rejected Anime.

This is exactly why they don't RP with us!!! Shame in you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates