NATION

PASSWORD

Meillur News Networks

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:22 pm

WIP
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Gran Gregana
Secretary

Founded: Dec 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gran Gregana » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:00 am

The People's Journal
Elizabethstad, Gran Gregana

July 26, 2070

The Second Congress of Gran Gregana made it the task of Supreme Commander andCongressman , Héctor Manzanares to properly respond to traitors within Gran Gregana in order to stop acts of treason and protect national security.

The Protect of Traitorous Threats Bill (Bill 50), was passed with 80% of Congress, or 160 seats voting for. The Bill entrusts the Army of Gran Gregana, a number estimated at around 150,000 volunteers, with securing the safety of the nation by finding and subduing internal threats to the new government. General Manzanares, as Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, has been placed in charge of such an operation and has already begun to eliminate the enemies within the country for everyone's safety.

In the first day alone there were some 155,000 new arrest of people, mostly citizens of the fallen empires of Atmora and Timeria. They were seized while attempting to flee the country, more than likely to sell secrets to foreigners. Of the new arrest, at least 106,009 have been placed on a speedy trial with juries, all ending with the much needed execution of these bad people. Across Gran Gregana, General Manzanares' subordinates Cáratula and Cortes seized control of all former Imperial military bases including former Timerians ones, seizing control of the former Atmoran Venezuelan Fleet.

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Lausanne Times
Lausanne, Switzerland

July 29, 2070

Return of Connor II!

Connor II made a return to world politics this morning, being reinstated as the lead power in Connuriste and having personally thanked Prince Leopold for his faithful service to the country in his role of Regent. He returns almost six full months after taking leave from his office of monarch, much to the great happiness of the Swiss people.

Russlande
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Russlande » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Royals Life
Lausanne, Switzerland

August 2, 2070

Prince Born to the King and Queen of Romania

At 6:03 pm today, Queen Elisabeth of Romania, Princess of Espana and Derita, gave birth to a healthy baby boy. The boy, the sixth child and heir to the King and Queen and the third boy, has been named Christopher Charles Conner Christian in honour of his grandfather (King-Emperor Christopher II) the Missing Empress Charlotte of Connuriste, his godfather (Emperor Connor of Connuriste) and the doctor who delivered him, Dr. Christian Dennerkoff. The little Prince Christophé, as he has been quickly nicknamed is to reside with his mother and father in their rented home in Lausanne once they are discharged from the hospital in two days.

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Lausanne Times
Lausanne, Switzerland

September 1 2070

Elections!

Last night, votes were counted for the election just gone on the 31st of August, where incumbent Chancellor Gabrielle Tousart of the Centrist Party faced off against Aurelia MacDonald of the Christian Democrats. The scene bore similarities to the first time these two women took each other on, with much the same political platforms being reused by the candidates. Tousart maintained her campaign of keeping things the way they are and consolidating some of the gains Connuriste has made in recent months, pointing to present stability and citing it as her job for maintaining, lest we see national collapse on Iravian, Atmoran or Timerian levels.

MacDonald also reflected on prosperities as of late, and presented them as something to be built upon, especially when the opportunity to fill a power gap is available. She still promised change, albeit of the less radical kind. People no longer compare her to the last Atmoran Prime Minister, Victoria Campbell, likely by virtue of being dead or the current non-existence of Atmora.

Tousart ran out winner, by a comfortable enough margin of 60/40. MacDonald has refused to be labelled as the leader of the opposition, saying she does not necessarily oppose the current Chancellor and would rather work with her and under her rather than against her. She is expected to take a more major role in the cabinet than the previously held office of Minister for Equalities, being currently favoured and fancied for Foreign Minister.

Chancellor Tousart will continue to run the nation, with her same cabinet staying for now. A change-up and a shuffle are expected later this autumn or winter. She will be looking to build upon what would have been regarded as a very good term if it were not for the tragedy surrounding Empress Charlotte, having expanded the extrasolar territories and space fleets of Connuriste and defending it successfully from worldwide disorder. In other major news today, it has been confirmed that intelligence forces have secured the Jewel of Astraeus, rightfully owned by Connuriste, from it's former Atmoran guardians.

Royal Genes
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Royal Genes » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Royals Life - Genes Edition
Genes, Kingdom of Genes
September 6, 2070

Charlotte Royal Care Center Opened!

Queen Adela attended the opening ceremony of the new Charlotte Royal Care Center in uptown Genes with her granddaughter, Princess Royal Elise and her great-granddaughter, Princess Charlotte. The Care Center's construction began two years ago, and there were plans to call it the Princess Royale Care Center, however, insiders in the Royal Court say that Queen Adela decided to instead name it after her great-granddaughter and in a round about way, after the presumed dead Empress Charlotte of Connuriste. The Care Center is designed to help inner city neighbor hoods have access to more affordable healthcare as well as serve as a research facility to protect people from man made diseases.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Haroa
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Haroa » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:30 pm

The Capital Post
Port-du-Renou, Haroa

October 12, 2070

President de Mauléart's Farewell Address to the People of the Republic of Haroa

In a shocking turn of events, President Orélian de Mauléart has officially announced that he will not be seeking re-election as President of Haroa for a second term. President de Mauléart, who has served Haroa proudly for nearly thirty years in the army and in the world of politics has stated that he believes that he has served his nation and seeks retirement from public life so that he may live the rest of his years in peace.

The Mauléart Administration (2068-present) has seen the birth of the Republic and the War of Independence fought and won, the reluctance of intervention by the President, the scandals of the Dutch Counsellor's to the Presidency of both Hamolten and Vanderson and their differences. Also we have seen the beginnings of political parties and divisions between the upper levels of the government. And yet at the same time it has been a time of reconstruction and renewal as the Republic of thruster into the new golden age.

In order to speak to the people of the republic one last time, President de Mauléart has had Dutch Counsellor Alexandre Hamolten draft an address, and has titled it as his Farewell Address to the People of the Republic of Haroa. The address, read by President de Mauléart on the steps of the Presidential Palace.

My Friends and fellow citizens,

The period for a new election of a citizen, to administer the executive government of our Republic, being not far distant, and the time actually arrived, when your thoughts must be employed designating the person, who is to be clothed with that important trust, it appears to me proper, especially as it may conduce to a more distinct expression of the public voice, that I should now apprize you of the resolution I have formed, to decline being considered among the number of those out of whom a choice is to be made.

The duty of holding a neutral conduct is the legacy that I wish to leave behind for the betterment of the people of my home. The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connexion as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. May, at this peak on the mountain of our efforts be where we cease, rest, and capitalise on our just actions and rewards.

Though, in reviewing the incidents of my administration, I am unconscious of intentional error, I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many errors. Whatever they may be, I fervently beseech the Almighty to avert or mitigate the evils to which they may tend. I shall also carry with me the hope, that my Country will never cease to view them with indulgence; and that, after forty-five years of my life dedicated to its service with an upright zeal, the faults of incompetent abilities will be consigned to oblivion, as myself must soon be to the mansions of rest.

I anticipate with pleasing expectation that retreat, in which I promise myself to realize, without alloy, the sweet enjoyment of partaking, in the midst of my fellow-citizens, the benign influence of good laws under a free government, the ever favorite object of my heart, and the happy reward, as I trust, of our mutual cares, labors, and dangers.

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 pm

The Vanessa Observer
Vanessa, Derita

November 1, 2070

First Meeting of the Congress of Vanessa
Formation of the Amperiale Alliance

Delegates from Derita, Genes, the Netherlands, Rhine-East Berlin, and Espana meet for the first time for the first meeting of the Amperiale Alliance in Vanessa at the Palais du Chopanne in the northern side of the riverbank. The meeting has been nicknamed the Return of the CDV (Congrés de Vanessa). Leading the meeting was the 105 year old Consul Jonathan LeCastle.

Great Hyruke
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Hyruke » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Royals Life - Londres Edition
Londres, Great Hyruke

January 8, 2071

Empress Charlotte declared Dead in Absentia

The Dreyfus Royal Family gathered today in Londres in black as a tearful Prince Leopold was made to officially announce that his sister, Empress Charlotte of Connuriste has been declared legally dead. Charlotte went missing almost 12 months ago after being involved in a mysterious airplane accident while flying from Haroa to Lausanne. Several stated that most likely she died the day of the accident, but Hope was held still. However now the Hyrukain Government has stated that they have declared Charlotte to be officially dead. A state funeral is to take place, though it is not sure when.

Gran Gregana
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Gran Gregana » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:21 am

The People's Journal

January 12, 2071

Over a 1,000 dead in Riot in Capital

Peaceful protests turned into angry protests, with turned into riots, which turned into a bloodbath last night in the capital. An estimated 100 officers opened fire on the rioters following the burning of a local restaurant. Thousands were killed in the following fight in the streets, killing 1,100 civilians and 2 police officers. The protests begun in protests against the government treatment of those who opposed the new president. Dozens of people who have been disapproving of his militant ways have been arrested, President Manzanares has so far completely supported the police in the shooting.

Great Hyruke
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Hyruke » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Londres Times
Corfu, Greece

January 29

Empress Charlotte of Connuriste
Charlotte arrived in Greece after disappearing 11 months ago
Empress arrives with infant royal twins Elizabeth and Jonathan and the Duc d'Angoulême

9:08 pm - That's right. After disappearing 11 months ago following a terrible aeroplane crash, Charlotte landed in Corfu after taking a boat from Bursa, Cocomo after flying there from Rio in Brésil after a series of crazy and tragic events lead her there. Charlotte also arrived with two children, whom it has stated that she named Elizabeth Hippolyta and Jonathan Eduardo . Along with Charlotte and her infant children, whom she was pregnant with shortly before she went missing. Charlotte meet with a reporter in Corfu while staying at an hotel in the city before her flight home to Lausanne were she explain what had happened to her over the last year.

The following is the transcript following the interview:

Reporter: Wow. This is crazy. Here, here you are after being gone for so long.

Charlotte: Yes, I know.

Reporter: So, Your Majesty, uh, do, do you have anything to say about, about all of this?

Charlotte: Yes.

Reporter: What is it?

Charlotte: Well. I have spent the last 355 days, 10 hours, 47 minutes and 54 seconds trying to get home to my husband and my family and really want to get back to them. I really don't want to do this interview, but there is not a fight to Lausanne for another... hour, 36 minutes and 12 seconds. So you have me until then and I am going home.

Reporter: Of course. Please, what happen in those, in that time?

Charlotte: Well. First I was knocked out of the sky by an explosion which was not fun. I was lost at sea for days on a raft with a chest of blank journals and a dead body for days until I was able to climb ashore onto an island. On the island I meet a fellow castaway, her name is... was, Hippolyta. And for days, I don't even know how many, maybe weeks, and we were both trapped on this island and she taught me how to fish and build a hut and make a fire. She was a survivalist, meanwhile I was someone who had never been camping. She was very rough and tough and she wasn't very nice, but she was what I needed. But even as I started to get the hang of things, I knew I had to get out of there. And so I tried, and failed and tried again, and failed, and I failed a lot, but I wouldn't give up. When I finally succeeded, Hippolyta and I were able to make a raft that was able to get us to an island to the west. And it was a village on the island and they helped me try to get home. They weren't too helpful, but I was able to get to Haroa.

Reporter: Now, why didn't you go home from there? Or show you were alive?

Charlotte: Well I was going to, but then General Lorens started shooting people and I happened to be with Mr. Hamolten and I was caught up suddenly in an international incident and I was terrified for my life and life of my babies. Then we were caught up in a storm and we ended up in Gran Gregana in the midst of their war. And then at that point I was terrified that I would be used as a bargaining chip. I tried multiple times to get in contact with the rest of the world, but again and again I was stopped. The war was in the way, so I joined the Gran Greganans to end the war. I helped the Gran Greganans win. I even became friends with Mister Vangressa. But when I was about to finally get home. General Manzanares saw me as a threat and had me, Vangressa and Hippolyta imprisoned on an island in the middle of the South American Winter. It was there that I went into labour and there my friend Hippolyta died. It was only days ago that my Uncle's son, the Duke of Angouleme stumbled upon us on his yacht and freed us. I got on the first flight I could to get back home I just couldn't wait. Speaking of which I should be heading to the airport now.

Empress Charlotte expected to arrive in Lausanne with her and her husband's children within the next few hours.

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:10 pm

The Vanessa Observer
Vanessa, Derita

January 30, 2071

Consul LeCastle has heartattack in Vanessa

Centenarian Consul Jonathan LeCastle of the Amperiale Alliance was taken to the hospital after he suffered from an heartattack after reading online on his phone that his Great-granddaughter, Empress Charlotte of Connuriste was alive and well. The Consul's aids took him from his townhouse in Vanessa to St. Christopher's Healthcare Centre following discovering him near dead in his parlour. The Consul is recovering Currently, though it has left some worried over if he can maintain his position as Consul for much longer.

United Balkan Kingdom
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Balkan Kingdom » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:52 pm

United Commenwealth News Network
Sarajevo, Bosnia

King Larx Celebrates 31st birthday

It has been 14 years since his majesty of the Balkans came to the throne, anc he has ruled with a fair and streaky hand. Leading us into the late 21st century and having been the architect of several great improvements to the Commenwealth. Now his majesty moves into the 31st year of his life, and celebrations are being prepared at the Grand Royal Stadium in Sarajevo, where this years Balkan Rebellion concert will be held later today. We congratulate his majesty and hope he enjoys their great day.
Last edited by United Balkan Kingdom on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bulgarie-Rumelia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bulgarie-Rumelia » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Sofia Update
Sofia, Bulgarie-Rumelia

February 3, 2071

President Boris increases Military Budget

Recently inaugurated President Boris announced that after reviewing the National Budget, President Boris signed an executive order temporarily moving an extra 106 billion NSD into the Defensive Budget. The President, unlike former Republican President Ankova who had a strictly maintains the status quo stance when dealing with the republic's stance in geopolitics, wishes to further assert the country's military dominance in the southeast of Europe. President Boris has said that this is only the first step in his plan to modernize and strengthen the country. President Boris has even gone on to say that next he will be over seeing the construction of new aircraft carriers.

Great Hyruke
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Hyruke » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Royals Life - Geneva Edition
Vanessa, Derita

Febuary 4, 2071

Charlotte and Connor visit elderly Consul LeCastle

Empress Charlotte and Emperor Connor II of Connuriste along with their six eldest children, Crown Princess Emily, Princesses Alexia and Adela and Princes George, Frederick and William arrived in Vanessa to check in on the recently hospitalised Consul Jonathan LeCastle. Consul LeCastle suffered from a heart attack several days ago and Charlotte, recently returning to Lausanne brought her husband and her children to Vanessa in order see her elderly great-grandfather.

United Balkan Kingdom
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Balkan Kingdom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:54 pm

United Balkan News Network
Province of Bosnia
Sarajevo
Royal Grand Stadium

A New Queen on the Horizon?

At the Balkan Rebellion concert in Sarajevo, the twenty eight year old pop singer and former model Jacklyn Vasilik made public knowledge a relationship with his majesty, King Larx, who has not made any move to deny the claim, and has even come forward and confirmed the claim as true. It is Unkown as of yet how long the couple has been together, but it is clear they are indeed quite close, and it is a question now as to whether his majesty will take it far enough as to make Jacklyn a queen. Though we can't say for certain yet whether or not this will be the case, be certain we will find out soon enough.
Last edited by United Balkan Kingdom on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Communist Espana
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Espana » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Royals Life - Madrid Edition
Madrid, Espana

May 1, 2071

Coronation of the King and Queen,
Henrique II and Anna Charlotte

History was made today as King Henrique II and Queen Anna Charlotte were coronated at the Santa Venlo Cathedral, the final great monument of King Charles II of Espana in honour of his great victory on the battlefield at the Battle of Venlo. After sitting on the throne since 2068, nearly three years ago, Henrique II finally had a crown placed on his head alongside his loyal wife, Anna Charlotte, Empress of the Dutch.

The Coronation Ceremony started early in the morning at 7:00 am. The King and Queen of Espana left the Madrid Royal Palace in a motorcade and made their way to the Casa de Justica were they meet up with Prime Minister Pantellria and their heirs, Crown Prince Jacques, Criwn Princess Anna and their daughter, Infanta Juliana. From here, they travelled among parade and military and entertainment to the recently finished Parliament Building, which was destroyed over a decade ago in the 2050's and had been under construction ever since. Here the group meet with Congress and the President of the State, Tómas Amandes Jr. (son of former President Amandes Sr.). Here Congress was opened by the King and Queen for the first time and Congress approved of their rule.

Leaving the Parliament Building, the motorcade and parade made its way to the Santa Venlo Cathedral in Carlos II Rex Square were 3.7 million onlookers were waiting. King Henrique II, his wife and their seven children, five princes and two princesses and the Queen's three children from her first husband along with their four grandchildren, two granddaughters and two grandsons. Prime Minister Pantellria and President Amandes Jr. followed, along with members of Congress and several foreign royals including the Tsarina Empress Charlotte and Emperor Connor II, the Grand Dauphin and Dauphiné and former Queen Mary of Scots and Queen Adelaide II of Scots and Queen Katherine Ana of Serbia and Queen Mother Auguste of Sweden.

Cardinal Casagrande, friend of the late Charles II of Espana, along side Cardinal Reynados crowned the King and Queen of Espana in the most expensive ceremony in Spanish History. The most holy ceremony ended at 3:25 pm after having lasted nearly seven hours. A parade and feast took place back at the Madrid Royal Palace among the King and Queen's guests. The King and Queen have now left the nation for Lausanne to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Connor and Charlotte's own coronation. Controversially, the Imperial Crowns of Connuriste were presented during the coronation, though the Crown of Charles II and the Crown of Veronica were used on the King and Queen, but the crowns remain part of the Spanish Crown Jewels.

The King and Queen are to attend the King-Emperor's Golden Jubliee in Vanessa later this month.

Les Etats Connuriste
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Les Etats Connuriste » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:39 pm

Long live Emperor Connor II! Ten years anniversary celebrations

Fireworks on Lake Geneva

ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

Eleanor Riencourt (
@EleanorRiencourt)
May 1 2071 | Lausanne, Switzerland

His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Connor II of Connuriste, Sovereign Prince of Liechtenstein, today celebrated his 28th birthday and his tenth anniversary of reigning. He attended celebrations centered in Lausanne, alongside his wife and flanked by several of their children.

During these celebrations, Connor II made a declaration. He conferred upon his eldest daughter, Crown Princess Emily (ten later this year), the newly-created Duchy of Lausanne. It is expected to be the final honour bestowed upon the Duchess of Lausanne until adulthood. He also appointed Aurelia MacDonald as his new Minister for Economics (her Swiss role) and his Financial Minister (Connuriste), a political office that seems to run in the family. The Imperial Council, convened to celebrate a decade worth of Connor II at their head, celebrated, with bottles of wine left in the Council hall.

Connuriste also distanced itself from the Papacy in Rome, with the state's creation of an official Swiss Catholic Church. It appointed Connor II as Pope, given his status as the official founder and his ability to lead forward unerringly, a task he has been accomplishing ever since 2061.

Empress Charlotte will celebrate ten years of her reign later this month. Similar celebrations are expected, even if unofficially organized. Cities and most large Swiss towns partied in the streets.

Emperor Connor II, returning only today from the coronation of King Henrique II and Queen Anna Charlotte of Espana, that took place in Madrid today, invited many to his more private celebrations. Among them were the Spanish King and the Empress of the Dutch, and many of Empress Charlotte's family, such as the Duke and Duchess of Brabant and the Queen Mother of Sweden. The King and Queen of Romania, and the Dowager Empress of Connuriste were also seen in the day.

In the evening, the Emperor was said to be celebrating on his yacht, moored on Lake Geneva, in a party attended by mostly Swiss noble social circles. Notable party-goers were recognized as Aurelia MacDonald, stars of the upcoming film The Secret Empress Angelette Blier-Labonté and Amélie Larsson, motor racing champion Franceska Dujardin, solo violinist in the Swiss National Orchestra Kristen Appleton, and Polish author Natalya Bykowski. Charlotte was not to be seen. The Crown Princess was in Geneva itself, alleged to be with Prince Rafaël, Duke of Ede.

The Emperor and Empress are to attend the King-Emperor's Golden Jubilee in Vanessa later this month.

That completes our coverage of the tenth anniversary. May we see plenty more anniversaries in the years to come.

More leading articles
  • The 2070s - an era of the best films ever? 1,483,792 views
  • Partygirl, actress, model? Why is Angelette Blier-Labonté quickly becoming a bigger European superstar than Elizabeth Percy? 6,556,078 views
  • Party habits and how every single monarch of Connuriste has had one 3,942,116 views

Image Comments [ 355,656 ] | Image E-mail

2498 comments

REPLY LIKE | DISLIKE

Comments:

Comments

By SCHWEIZUBERMENSCH - 8 mins Ago

Glory to Connuriste!

Ratings disabled | Ratings Disabled
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By seriouslyobsessive - 10 mins Ago

yacht party sounds fun but there's no such thing as a party without drugs

Ratings Disabled | Ratings Disabled
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By illuminaticonfirmed - 13 mins Ago

would have been nice if our supposed spanish allies could return OUR jewels

Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By tehmonarchyman - 15 mins Ago

Charlotte was probably absent from the yacht party because she was in the bed of the Romanian King
Read more

Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By yayfortrains - 16 min Ago

I actually, for once, did expect to see this whilst scoffing my breakfast.

Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Royals Life
Vanessa, Derita

May 14, 2071

King-Emperor's Golden Jubliee!

The recently completed King-Emperor's Golden Jubliee Affré Tour stands tall and proud over the city of Vanessa

Today was a day of National and international celebration as the world celebrated the Golden Jubliee of King-Emperor Christopher II, his 50th Anniversary since ascending the Throne of Derita. Christopher II is only the second Emperor to have and celebrate a Golden Jubliee, the previous and only other one was held for his grandfather in 1959, nearly 112 years ago. (Emperor's Allan I and Antoine I had they not abdicated would have had their Golden Jubliees in 1910 and 1949 respectively) Christopher II is also the first Emperor to have three generations of royals at a Golden Jubliee. Not only is this a great day for the King-Emperor, but his wife as well. Tsarina Alara, also Empress of Derita, (who celebrated her own Golden Jubliee in Russlande six years ago) is the longest serving Imperial Consort in the History of Derita, celebrating 50 years as our Empress. The previous holder of this title was the King-Emperor's grandmother, Queen Victoria who was Empress for 45 years between her marriage to Almahn the Great in 1954 and his death in 1999.

A rare honour was given to five people, Louis and Michelle Capella, Devonté Fishour, Stefanie Marshon and Lady Delvany Marton. Louis and Michelle Capella are 117 and 112 respectively and have been married for the last 85 years since 1986. Devonté Fishour is a former accountant and teacher who is 116 years old. Stefanie Marshon is former actress who is 113 years and Lady Delvany Marton is the widow of Viscount Louis Andrésy I and mother of former State-President Viscount Andrésy and is an impressive 126 years old. They are the last living former subjects of Almahn the Great to be alive at the time of his Golden Jubliee and Lady Marton is the current oldest Deritain citizen. They were awarded the Emperor's Achievement Medal. Historically the medal has been given to the first and last subject of an Emperor and the last living subject of an emperor.

The first EAM was given to baby boy Earon Theabeau in 1860 as the first recorded birth in the reign of Emperor Allan I. Mr. Theabeau later lived to be the last living subject of that reign and was awarded it in 1961. Archibald Andrésy, distant cousin of the Viscount Andrésy was awarded the metal as the first born baby in Antoine I's reign and narrowly missed winning the last living subject of his reign in 1977 when he died. It was later awared to Sebastian Cavrey in 1978. Daveed Koef was the first born baby in Kenyatta I's reign and Beau MacCharwin was the last born. Bettie Marlaney was the last living subject of Kenyatta I's reign and was awarded this in 2020 shortly before her death. Jessamine Cessant was the first born baby in Almahn the Great's reign and the first girl to receive the award. Jessamine' great-grandson Jessie Moneau was awarded the EAM as the last born child in Emperor Almahn I's reign, which Jessamine lived to see, dying in 2004. Marianne Hestchat was the first born baby in the King-Emperor's reign and Charlotte Ralphon was the last born baby. Charlotte's twin brother Christopher Ralphon was the first born baby in the King-Emperor's reign and is the oldest person alive (or dead) to have been born in the current reign, celebrating his 50th birthday today with his children and grandson, born today and named Christopher Ralphon II. The Ralphons and Moneaus were also honoured guests at the celebrations today.

Awards were also given to the Vau, Affré and Moreau families for their construction of the Affré Tour and the King-Emperor's Bridge and Golden Jubliee Avenue and Boulevard and the Jubliee Gardens and the King-Emperor's squared and the Jubliant Palais all here in Vanessa. The tower, bridge and palace are the three most expensive projects undergone in Derita in the last 150 years. Only the additions to the Palais du Fontainebleau Chateau Nobillé in 1920's are more expensive.

The day was incredibly jam packed with events and occasions.

At 12:00 in the morning, Fireworks went off across the de jure capital in Port Victoria as well as Aiguandre and Grenelefe, massive parties were held in coffee houses, ducal houses, clubs and parks, lighting the night sky. As Far East as Deritain held Beijing and the Celeste Empire's Pacific Islands and as far west as Port Pontenalle celebrates were held with fireworks, cannons and even massive battleships sounding off fifty times in the massive honour of witnessing the King-Emperor's Golden Jubliee. At 12:01 am, the recently awoken King-Emperor (he had been asleep until 11:51 pm) signed into law legalising alcohol across the Celestial Empire until 11:59 pm tonight for the first time in 203 years. He also legalised alcohol permanently in the city limits of Vanessa, Grenelefe and Aiguande. He also legalised the usage of marijuana in the city of Vanessa (it previously only legal in Grenelefe) and then declared that day at 12:06 am a national holiday and a day of thanksgiving, as well as give people a 50% tax break for the next week. Then, most shockingly, the King-Emperor opened all of Derita to everyone for the next eight months. The country, save Vanessa, Grenelefe, Aiguande, Instaneau, and Port Pontenalle, having been closed to all Foreign unless given special permission from the Crown, has been flooded with tourist in the past hours, an estimated 23.4 million people having arrived in the country just today.

The King-Emperor finally legalised gambling in the cities of Grenelefe and Vanessa and Aranou. He then proceeded to lead the Imperial Court in a three hour session of his favourite physical activity, yoga. At 3:00 am, the King-Emperor and the Tsarina, along with the Crown Prince and Crown Princess and the young Duc d'Normandy were presented with gifts by each of the 5000 leading members of the Lower Nobility and the 1000 members of the Noire Nobility as well as gifts from some 15,000 members of the noble class not present at Fontainebleau.

At 5:00 am, the Imperial Court was served a three course Breakfast prepared by the finest chiefs in the world, Deritains Elaea Shainsean, Jacques Monteff and Abdullah Ashiwan. At 5:31 am, the King-Emperor, Crown Prince, King of Romania, Duc d'Angoulême and Prince Antoine of Hollande went horseback riding with Duchess Josefina of Milan and Empress Charlotte of Connuriste along with two dozen other lower nobles around the grounds of Fontainebleau. Meanwhile the Tsarina and her daughters Queen Ava of Finland and Queen Alice of Saxony along with other notable women such as Queen Adela, Queen Mother Auguste, Queen Caroline, Empress Anna Charlotte, Queen Marie of Portugal, Empress Joséphine, Queen Amelia of Greece, Queen Elisabeth of Romania, Queen Michelle of Ruritaina, Queen Juliana of Bavaria, Queen Sophia of Poland, former Queen Mary of Scots, the Dowager Empress of East Derita, the Mother Empress of Derita, Empress Alice of East Derita, Queen Thérèsa, Queen Katherine Ana, Tsarina Anna and Elizabeth Percy, Angelette Blier-Labonté, Lady Rohan, Penelope Chambers, Lady Variés and more including a few gentlemen such as Emperor Connor II and George Asbury and Prince Philippe of Genes had tea on the fine lawn and gardens of Fontainebleau.

At 6:15 the King-Emperor retired from horse back and lead follow emperors Étienne Stephan, Connor II, Faolan,and Frederich Wilhelm V to his private library while the Crown Prince, Duc d'Angoulême and Empress Charlotte lead a hunt for a stag. At 7:00 the hunt caught the stag, the Duc d'Angoulême delivering the killing blow and the Imperial Court and the foreign guests and royals, including Shah Faolan, King Henrique II, King Louis II, King Frederick Augustus IV, King Paul and his new boyfriend, Zachariah Amorbeau and more, attended an Opera in Vanessa travelling in motorcade from the countryside around Fontainebleau to the city.

Performing the opera written by Charles Clermontay, Apollo and the Golden Throne, the musical was a thinly veiled allegory of the King-Emperor's own great and glorious reign over the last fifty years.

Following this, at 9:00, the King-Emperor'a entourage paraded through the city across the river to the Artiste District were they had a brunch at the Zendallah Square amidst the common people, artists, musicians, actors, mimes and poets, as well as tourists and immigrants. Here the King-Emperor meet with several enlighten gentlemen such as Alexander Hamolten, Gen. Jans Lorens, Tomas Vanderson, J.J. Mayedson, Samuel Grís, Jacques Fonce, Madame Paiselles and Ariana Regiss. Here they could be heard discussing politics and social reform and the independence of humans from earthly bonds. The King-Emperor shared coffee with famed artist Suzanne Zenbeau, along will Dolle Aganamont and Zen Gles. Next the Tsarina and the Crown Princess and Queens Ava and Alice and Duchess Josefina travelled to see the great mosaic baths of Bastallaar, the Crown Prince and the Duc d'Angoulême were spotted traversing the bazaar of Saint Louis and visiting the Gigivatore Glass Art Museum. The King and Queen of Romania even separated from the group and romantically trolled hand and hand down the wealthy tree and statue lined Saint Michael Avenue.

At 9:30 the group meet up at the Princess Vanessa Royal Gardens, Botanical Gardens named after Saint Vanessa, Crown Princess, eldest daughter and heir of Emperor Antoine I before her untimely death in 1899, which is were the city gets its name. Here the entourage toured the gardens and entered the famous butterfly gardens. Here the King-Emperor was seen speaking quietly with Empress Charlotte, Josiah Wayland and Prime Minister Reyes of Scotland.

At 10:00 am the entourage left the gardens and crossed North Bridge, visiting the famous restaurant Ponte and made their way to the Royal Art Museum, recently renamed the Grande Artiste Palais Royale, the largest art museum in the world, here millions flooded the building, orbiting around the famous painting, the Lady Monaislla and the Glass Pyramid of Inéz-Pierre Monetquaez. Here, Christina Peroesinne revealed her massive portrait of the King-Emperor. Here Lord and Lady Ardales hosted, Lord Ardales having the largest private art collection in Derita.

At 10:25 the entourage arrived at the Norte Reine Cathedral, an iconic feature of the Vanessa skyline were an time of pray was held. They then left the Norte Reine and travel via royal barge in the largest boat parade in the history of Vanessa with more that 500 boats in the river, including two model battle ships and a recreation of the eighteenth century battleship, the Impératrice. The water parade continued westwards down river to the Replica Statue of Aurora, the 176ft tall statue and pedestal which is only a third the size of the Statue of Aurora in Port Victoria which celebrates the King-Emperor's great-grandmother who ruled the country as regent from 1903 to 1909 and was a constant advisor to the Emperor until her death in 1976. They toured the small island the statue sits on in the middle of the river. At 11:28 the entourage crossed the river onto the South Bank and visited the shopping centre of Vanessa, attending a fashion show in which models Alican Devereaux, Afia Hauseel, Ida Kasanu-Flesre participate, as well as international models such as Elizabeth Percy and Angelette Blier-Labonté and Wilhelmina Drolburg. The King-Emperor was amazed by the beauty styles of Cháreau, Comptiere, Cartier and Vérany and Percy, Naodna and Deapuote. Madame Vérany herself collaborated with Elizabeth Percy and Comptiere to design and create a new wardrobe for the King-Emperor, presenting it to him after the show. He wore the impressive all black uniform the rest of the day.

At noon, the parade made its way to the Place de la Celeste Empire where the King-Emperor meet with Charles Sardou II, Magnus Variés Sr. and Jr. and Omar Rapasha, as well as several foreigners such as former presidents Mauléart and Argamonte, and Consul Vangressa and his wife, Angelique de Mauléart, as well as First Lady Swanner, President Boris, Chancellor Walsh and Lin Qiang and Wu Li Zezinho from Arranca. Lunch was held at Chateau Deferry along the Canal Yves.

While the group had lunch here, the King-Emperor & Tsarina, former Empress Alanna & Emperor Francis II, former Kaiser Edward IV & Queen Christina, Queen Adela and her companion the elderly Comte d'Rapallo left the main festivities for a private leisure walk. Joining them was Shah Faolan and Shahbanu Fariahnaz and Princess Aura and Prince Napoleon. This group of 70-79 year old royals are said to have chatted and talked casually with one another in the Manpaisse et Elystra Gardens.

With the King-Emperor away, Crown Prince André took charge of the events and the entourage made their way through the lavish Galleries du E'aeaniels and the Galleries du Montayette after the half-Deritain "Hero of Three Revolutions" having help revolutions in Asia, Europe and South America. Next the Crown Prince lead the group to the Museums of Science and of Music. At the later Lady Rohan performed a concert before the crowd. The Crown Prince, his wife, Empress Charlotte, Emperor Connor II and the Duc d'Angoulême also attended a brief private concert. At 1:00 the left from there, the entourage head back south to the L'Quirante Opera House.

Here yet another musical was put on for the audience, this time starring Noé Rousselle, Cyril Barthélemy, Marius Jean-Noël De Villepin and Aurelia Chereau. The musical, named Chérdantrois Life is about the life of the fictional beautiful Lady Célia Moitiœur (Rousselle) and Lord Héctor Moitiœur (Barthélemy) and the dashing Amadou Abeau, Duke d'Vasury (De Villepin). The musical, using classical, pop and rap music tells of Célia's dilemma of loving and being love by both the Duc d'Vasury and Lord Moitiœur, her marriage to the later and her affair with the former. The musical takes a mostly satirical and comedic jab at the Empress of Connuriste, it however was emotionally serious in the the end of Act I. The climax of the first act is the arrival of Bettie, the Duchesse d'Vasury (played by famed singer Aurelia Chereau) who sings the song Patiently, detailing her waiting for her husband's love in a single song. The second act returns to its comedic roots as Célia blunders her way through life, destroying a priceless egg, offending the Tsarina, played by Russian actor Ivanov Plantoyv in drag, and the accident confession of her affair. Again the musical took a more serious turn as Célia falls into madness, Lord Moitiœur neglects his children and indulges with mistresses while the Duc and Duchesse d'Vasury finally fall in love. The musical ends with two songs by Aurelia Chereau, 'Patiently (Reprise)' where she finally triumphs with love and 'Love as Dangerous as the Sun' warning people about the graces of a spilt heart and all consuming passion.

While flowers were thrown at the stage as the curtain closed, several people threw nuts at Empress Charlotte on account of the similarities between her and the character Célia who descended into madness.

The King and Queen of Romania were said to have been moved by the musical and cried in one another's arms.

At 3:00, after the musical had ended, the parade zigzagged north to the Saint Christopher Church, the highest building in all of Vanessa located on L' Rosecoteau. Here the King-Emperor and the group of older royals who had separated earlier returned. They travelled down the Steps of Saint Christopher down to the Vanessa Branch of the Amperiale Police were Mother Empress Sara, Queen Christina and Queen Adela ceremonial presented the King-Emperor with the Black Crown and Conqueror Sword. Shortly afterwards there was a ballet, 'Goddess of a New Era' starring Elizabeth Percy that the Crown Prince and several other royals attended briefly before everyone reached the Arc de Triumph and Monument of the Conqueror, a massive arch over the Galleries du Conquête celebrating the reign of the King-Emperor's father, the ending of the Mervielleux War and the Amperiale Army of Derita in general. Here, the 85 year old Ali Blé presented the King-Emperor his resignation as General of the Armies after 52 years of service. The King-Emperor accepted and unsurprisingly promoted the Duc d'Angoulême as his replacement. Lord Blé was made the Duc d'Bléuyette. Under the Arc he knighted eight for extraordinary bravery, first the Duc d'Angoulême, Empress Charlotte, Queen Caroline, Empress Anna Charlotte, Magnus Varies Jr., Jean-Bapiste Ressort, Amand Chaisel and the Count de Montayette.

Following this solemn ceremony, the King-Emperor toon once again to the horse, flanked by the Duc d'Angoulême and the Duc d'Aumale and followed by the Crown Prince and Duc d'Normandy all on horse back, Duchess Josefina of Milan and Empress Charlotte were the only women on horseback as well, there were an added 570 horse riders from the army, each one representing a year that Derita has existed, leading the largest parade to travel through Vanessa since 2020 during the 80 day Tour. They travelled down from the Arc in a straight line down the brand new Jubilant Avenue down to the Amperiale Gates and Gardens with the 40ft tall black statues of the six Emperors of Derita, three on each side including the King-Emperor. (The King-Emperor's statue is slightly higher than the others at 40.5 feet high. Passing the statues and great golden pillars and ceremonial gates, the parade reached the King-Emperor's Bridge.

Here the Duc d'Normandy, grandson of the King-Emperor and second in line to the throne after his father the Crown Prince, was lead to the front of the parade and hand-in-hand with the young Queen Adelaide II of Scots. He two children, neither one a teenager were the first to walk across the brand new bridge, leading the parade across. An estimated 1.57 million people, 577 horses, 50 elephants, 25 camels and 25 oxen, all part of the parade along with 90,000 motor vehicles crossed. The bridge in an hour, causing the bridge to slightly shake, though Architect André le Vau assured folks this was normal given the situation. After crossing the bridge, the Imperial Family became the first to ride the glass elevator through the Affré Tour to the very top were it's golden roof shined. From here, the two dozen members of the King-Emperor's family (his sister, nephew and niece, children, in-laws and grandchildren) looked over the city until dark when the Affré Tour exploded with lights and colours, fireworks exploding over the city for the rest of the night continuously. Dinner was served to those below and at the top at 7:00 and a second meal at 8:00. After 8:00 the tower became open to the public and the Imperials descended to the ground.

Moving to the Grand Jubilant Palais, the King-Emperor gave a speech, saying

We, all of us, are here standing at the beginning of a new era and the peak of greatness. In 50 years we have been made stronger, wiser and happier. We are in a time of unprecedented success, cultural beauty and acceptance and progress. Peace from here to the stars.

The King-Emperor's Speech, a mere fifty words was followed by cheers and him giving out the Emperor's Achievement Awards out.

Then the crowd entered the Grand Jubilant Palais, the fourth largest palace in Derita and fifth largest in the world. At 9:00 a Golden Jubilee Ball was held in the blue glass dome topped ballroom attended by some 1,020 guests. In the spotlight at one point or another in the night, King-Emperor and Tsarina, the King and Queen of Romania, Henrique II and Anna Charlotte and Crown Prince André and Crown Princess Thérèsa waltzed together. The most romantic moment was when the room fell silent watching the King and Queen of Romania. The King disappeared outside for a bit, as did a certain other guest. Only moments later the King and Queen of Romania left the ball together to retire for the night.

Stealing the show however was the Duc d'Angoulême and the beautiful and charming Lady Amalia Qadir al-Mostafa, a granddaughter of Shah Faolan of Kaunu. The Duke, handsome and dashing in his blue military general's uniform (looking very much like a brother to the Crown Prince and King of Romania) and Lady al-Mostafa one of the most beautiful women in the entire Ball, challenging even Charlotte and Elizabeth Percy, Josefina of Milan and Queen Ava in her stunning beauty. Lady al-Mostafa, young, well dressed, naturally beautiful and charming quickly caught the eye of the crowd as she danced with the beloved Duke. Rumours have even begun to fly that she may be the woman to marry the most eligible bachelor in the world.

Later in the night the dancing grew so intense that Lady al-Mostafa fainted from heat and shortness of breath and only awoke in the arms of the beloved Duke after he had given her some water. Several other women fainted, including Lady Asbury, Lady Rohan and Lady Chaquis. Some blame the extensiveness of the day, most the attendants of the events in Vanessa were up for at least 22 hours. With constant moving and partying and gambling and admiring. The King-Emperor himself did not retire until 12:00, having been up for literally over 24 hours. The night continued to party on as at least eighteen different balls, 38 parties and 10 yacht parties and 8 airship parties along with continuous fireworks continued on for the next five hours.

It was truly a day of celebration.

Long live the King-Emperor!
Long live the Celeste Empire!
Last edited by Kingdom of Derita on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Hyruke
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Hyruke » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:47 pm

The Vanessa Observer
Vanessa, Derita

May 15, 2071

Empress Charlotte proposes Amperiale Constitution

Empress Charlotte stood before the assembled members of representatives from the Amperiale Alliance with her constitutional plan that she was tasked with creating by Consul LeCastle. The Constitution of as proposed:

Constitutional Articles of the Amperiale Alliance

by Charlotte P. Dreyfus,
Empress of Comnuriste

Common Foundation of the Alliance

Article I

The Amperiale Alliance is to be created from a community of nations dedicated towards peace and camaraderie between our peaceful and friendly governments that stand united in strengthening the alliance and maintaining peace in the world.

Article II

The Amperiale Alliance is founded on the values of respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities. Members of the Alliance must share a society in which pluralism, non-discrimination, tolerance, justice, solidarity and equality between women and men prevail over all else.

Article III

The goal of the Amperiale Alliance is to promote peace and the member states' citizens' well being. The Alliance shall promote freedom of movement between the states and internal and internal economic progress.

Article IV

Member states are to retain their sovereignty and shall independently and in coalitions work in the interest of the general Alliance.

Article V

The Congress, Council and the Consulate of the Amperiale Alliance will respect the rights and the sovereignty of the member states. The Member states will also respect the position of the Congress, Council and Consulate.

Article VI

Democratic Principles

Article VII

National Citizens, both natural born and those granted citizenship are also citizens of the Amperiale Alliance and are subject to the laws of the Alliance.

Article VIII

The Amperiale Alliance is founded in representative democracy and that decisions must be taken as closely as possible to citizens.

Article IX

The Amperiale Alliance establishes government transparency, declares that broad consultations must be made and introduces provision for a petition where at least 1 million citizens may petition the Commission to legislate on a matter.

The Congress, Council and Consulate
Article X

The Congress of the Alliance is to have five seats for representatives from each member state, a leader of the Congress will be selected from a different country every month. The Council is to be made up by two representatives from each member state lead by a Chairperson elected every two years. The Consulate is to be the head executive officer of the Alliance elected every five years and limited to two terms.

Article XI

The Amperiale Central Bank is to set up, supported by the Montrose and Réev and Hollande Banks which is to be the central economic division of the Alliance.

Article XII

The Court of Justice for the Amperiale Alliance is to be the leading court for deciding justice for the Alliance, and it shall be in charge of dealing with major cases such as those involving member state's national governments.

Final Provisions

Article XIII

Non-member states can apply for membership and if approved by the Congress, Council majority and the final approval of the Consul, can be allowed to enter the Alliance.

Article XIV

Member States may apply to leave the Alliance.

Article XV

Once approved, this is to inforced for an unlimited amount of time.

United Balkan Kingdom
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Balkan Kingdom » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:42 pm

United Comenwealth News Network
Sarajevo
Province of Bosnia

A Queen Rises

For the first time since King Larl came to the throne, the Commenwealth will finally be receiving a new queen. The King, at a concert performed by Jacklyn, the King got up on stage and got down on one knee, presenting a simple but elegant ring. The singer accepted and was soon crying tears off joy into the kings shoulder. His majesty has stated that the wedding will be held on the bank of the Drava river. It is currently Unkown who will be attending the wedding other than the brides parents, but we hope that Jacklyn and King Larl will enjoy a long and happy marriage

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Royals Life
Poncherri, East Derita

May 18, 2071

Death of the Dowager Empress!

Marie Adelaide, Dowager Empress of East Derita and the de facto Regent of the Sultanate died this evening at 7:03 pm. The Dowager Empress collapsed inside the Summer Palace in Poncherri following her coming inside when it began to rain around 2:45. The Dowager Empress got inside of the palace around 3:12 with the help of Chief Superintendent Sardou II. The Dowager Empress felt unwell and retreated to her parlour for tea and pastries before having a virtual meeting with her son, Étienne Stephan. Around 5:00 the Dowager Empress took to her office and then shortly afterwards laid down to have a nap. The Dowager Empress rose from sleep with a terrible pain in her head. She called for the Cheif Superintendent and her dogs Zarchany and Koko.

As they were brought to her, the Dowager Empress spoke to Sardou following his concerns for her health, stating:

"Pain, bah. Illness is nothing. The greatest suffering I have ever faced was the weight of the Crown that I had to carry for the last seven decades At least now my son shall have no choice but to inherit his throne. I do not need doctors, I am a Volonté, a Beauvea. We do not need doctors! We need crowns! Go! Go man go! Bring me my crown. I will not die without a crown!"

Sardou quickly ran to get the Raja Mahaan Ka-Aur, the official crown of the Sultan of the nation and the most valuable crown in the nation. Joining him were more than 74 officials and courtiers and friends of the Dowager Empress. Sardou placed the Raja Mahaan Ka-Aur on her head to which she looked to him and in her famous stern and commanding voice that lead the country strongly, proudly and with royal grace for seventy-four years, she uttered her last words:

"My dearest young Sardou, Even in death there is Regality."

Only moments later, sitting on her bed next to a great window over looking the storming sky over the gardens she loved so much, the Dowager Empress breathed her last breath, and died.

In response, Emperor Étienne Stephan and Empress Alice have left Vanessa for Poncherri to plan a state wedding for the Dowager Empress and directly rule the country in the first time his reign.

Gran Gregana
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Gran Gregana » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:21 pm

The People's Journal

May 19, 2071

Coup d'état in Elizabethstad

President Héctor Manzanares, along with five of his top generals were taken prisoner by a Geneva Special Operations Unit and a group of Elizabethstad Sheriffs lead by the Count de Montayette and Colonel Stefano Parquisa directed by Rep. Héctor Gerrugana, Consul Eduardo Vangressa and Empress Charlotte.

President Manzanares was hosting a military ball in his residence in the capital city of Elizabethstad with guests ranging from honoured military heros and three star generals and their wives and husbands. In the midst of the party, 12 Genevan soldiers, ordered in secret by Empress Charlotte of Connuriste at the request of Rep. Gerrugana and Consul Vangressa, arrived at the scene. Lead by Polongain-Deritain General Montayette, they broke into President Manzanares' residence and stormed the party, knocking out and stunning guests.

General Eleanore Gestell and her husband, Jans Gestell were the first to be subdued and captured. Three other generals, José Manning, Pablo Hellinman, Maritjs de la Verva and their wives were soon afterwards captured and knocked out. President Manzanares and General Alanso Freynan and General Kenneth van Defte fled the ball room and attempted to reach the residence's safe room. Waiting them however was army Colonel Parquisa and several sheriffs of Elizabethstad were waiting for them. General Freynan was shot, though not killed and General van Defte was knocked out and captured.

Finally, at 7:07 pm, President Manzanares, cornered between the Genevans and his own people, surrendered and was arrested.

With President Manzanares arrested and imprisoned, Representative Gerrugana stepped forward as the leader of this coup. Following a meeting of Congress, though containing only 55% of the Congress members in the capital were they formed a new acting government. The Provisoonal Government has stated that their actions were justified in the removing of President Manzanares from power as Manzanares had been corrupt, hoarding millions of dollars, appointing his officers that are loyal to him before the country. The greatest issue, spoken about by Consul Vangressa, was the great silent genocide that Manzanares had been directing for the last year.

Vangressa released thousands of government documents detailing the execution of over 2 million people on the grounds of being foreigners, descendents of foreigners, non-Catholics and anyone who spoke out against the Manzanares Administration.

It was also revealed that Consul Vangressa spoke with his friend, Empress Charlotte of Connuriste while he was in Vanessa, Derita only five days ago about the dangerous situation in Gran Gregana, and the two, having been imprisoned by Manzanares in 2070, agreed to overthrow him in private during the King-Emperor's Golden Jubliee. The Empress of Connuriste, from her rented apartments in Vanessa, ordered the special operations unit to travel to Elizabethstad to help in the coup.

Héctor Gerrugana, a member of the House of Representatives, as been appointed by Congress as Acting President of Gran Gregana.

However, not all is well. The infamous right hand man of President Manzanares, the cruel Jans Carátula, Supreme Commander of Gran Gregana and her armies has declared Gerrugana and Vangressa traitors and had seized control of most of the country by brute force using the military. It is unsure how this Triumvirate of President Gerrugana, Consul Vangressa and Empress Charlotte shall respond and on who's side anyone should or will be on.

United Balkan Kingdom
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Balkan Kingdom » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:00 pm

United Comenwealth News Network
Province of Bosnia
Sarajevo

Parliament Warns Balkan Citizens Abroad

After the beginning of the violent coup in Gran Gregana, and the ensuing battling that followed, the Ministry of Affairs has ordered all citizens in Gran Gregana to return home, and has stated that a small contingent of Expeditionary soldiers will be deployed to the Balkan embassy to help protect the evacuation effort. Parliament has issued an official warning to both sides of the conflict in Gran Gregana to not interfere with the efforts of the Balkan personnel, stating that their purpose is purely to extract any Balkan citizens in the country so as to safeguard them.Parliament has given the contingent full authority to use lethal force of aggression is shown by any side of the conflict.

The aircraft carrier RNS Malankova has been dispatched to the area, and is currently steaming at full speed towards the area, and the Ministry of Defense has requested access to the Panama Canal from the deritan government in order to help accelerate evacuation efforts. It is still unclear to what extent the ministry intends to intervene if violence breaks out towards balkan citizens, but they did make it clear that Gran Gregana can expect a full retaliation if hostile actions are taken against Balkan citizens, including a possible declaration of war if it is deemed necessary by the ministry
Last edited by United Balkan Kingdom on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Haroa
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Haroa » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:19 am

The Portdurenou Post
Port-du-Renou, Haroa

May 20, 2071

President Angernade supports Carátula

Following the illegal coup in Gran Gregana, President Angernade has publicly declared his support for Supreme Commander Carátula in freeing the wrongfully imprisoned President Manzarnares against the traitors Gerrugana and Vangressa. President Angernade has done as far to order two warships, the HRS Boyere and the HRS Hasselienes to patrol the northern coast of Gran Gregana in order to protect Haroan interests.

At the same time, President Angernade has dismissed his Head of the National Security, Chantale de Mauléart, sister of former President de Mauléart. Chantale, former Ambassador to Gran Gregana has been dismissed at only five months in the office on account of her close ties to Consul Vangressa (her brother-in-law) and Empress Charlotte (her wife's best friend). There has been no comment from Chantale, who had retreated to her country estate in Sugare.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates