NATION

PASSWORD

IESP RP Discussion/OOC 2 [IESP Only] [Maybe a new RP?]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kwadai » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Legatia wrote:I'd say KwaDai has the nicest looking accommodations out of all of us. I'd love to go to school there. Good job Kwa :)

Thank you very much :) The school day is just as nice, six classes early and then two later in the afternoon. The break in between gives you time to relax in the mid day heat or do study and school work. The school has its ow beach too, here is a handy little map I made:

1. Main Entrance
2. East Wing, Main Building
3. Atrium, Main Building
4. East Wing, Main Building
5. Library, Al Qasr Quarter
6. Theatre Area, Al Qasr Quarter
7. Kabeer Café, Al Qasr Quarter
8. Najbah Villas
9. Qatif Villas
10. Jebel Ali Villas
11. Tennis and Badminton Courts
12. Jazeera Villas
13. Dar al Maysaf Beach Villas
14. Swimming Pool
15. Umm Salal Beach Villas
16. Al Qasr Lake and Canals
17. Al Qasr Beach
18. Khor al Maqtah Beach
19. Muzoon Wooded Park
20. Sport Complex
21. Malikiya Recreational Zone
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Don't put all your eggs in one basket! I'm applying too!
Last edited by Kirby Delauter on Wed, Jan 7, 2015 2:00 am, edited Delauter times in total.

ANTIFA!

Soldier wrote:And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he hearded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!
Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Meinkraft wrote:Don't put all your eggs in one basket! I'm applying too!

bruh me and you against all comeptitors.......once i finish my essay lolz
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012

Postby Legatia » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:46 am

This isn't a war, you guys. It's already decided augusta is best host friendly competition :)

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:52 am

Legatia wrote:This isn't a war, you guys. It's already decided augusta is best host friendly competition :)

#jokes

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:01 am

Legatia wrote:This isn't a war, you guys. It's already decided augusta is best host friendly competition :)

Haha YAFRAN IS THE BEST HOST NOTHING WILL BEAT IT all just friendly competition no rivalry whatsoever :p
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:45 am

Yeah, if I loose I'll just drop a thermonuclear bomb on your host city shake your hand and be a good sport!

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Better let me win unless you want me to open up a can of...

Nevermind. :p
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:50 am

Nah m8's, Ontie's back mofo's.

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:47 am

If Yafran doesn't win y'all bout to get tracked down and murdered Good to luck to all participants :) And may the odds be ever in Yafran's favour your favour :D
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:58 pm

United Regions of Verona wrote:If Yafran doesn't win y'all bout to get tracked down and murdered Good to luck to all participants :) And may the odds be ever in Yafran's favour your favour :D

Nah, m8. Y'all gonna get #rekt.
Last edited by Kirby Delauter on Wed, Jan 7, 2015 2:00 am, edited Delauter times in total.

ANTIFA!

Soldier wrote:And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he hearded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!
Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:13 pm

Meinkraft wrote:
United Regions of Verona wrote:If Yafran doesn't win y'all bout to get tracked down and murdered Good to luck to all participants :) And may the odds be ever in Yafran's favour your favour :D

Nah, m8. Y'all gonna get #rekt.

Let's see m99999

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Legatia wrote:
Meinkraft wrote:Nah, m8. Y'all gonna get #rekt.

Let's see m99999

Just wait once I finish up my school work (should be by tommorrow afternoon) you will all get

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Perhaps we will. :p
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

The greater Vakolicci Haven
Senator

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The greater Vakolicci Haven » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Did somebody say 'best host?'
RIP Vakolic, 08/08/2009-29/12/2013, unjustly deleted.
Population: 9.6 billion (to be added to current population of this nation)
Last known defence budget: 82.2 trillion
Last known gdp: $423.2 trillion (nstracker)
For other stats, please tg.
the greater Vakolicci Haven
Can be found in:
sondria
greysteel
varathron
tyrrhenia

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Whoomp! There it is! You can all go home now.

Welcome to: Maracaibo

Your Host Bid City for the 2016 IESP!

At the heart of the largest province in the Allied Nations, Maracaibo is a cosmopolitan, cultured city, which has profited from foreign trade. It also serves as the seat of government for the whole empire, and, as such, is a very safe city.

An Intro to a fine City:

Once an uninhabitable jungle, in 1861, large platinum deposits were found and settlers quickly flocked the area. The port town of Maracaibo grew and the nation expanded, experiencing a growth spurt in 1902 when oil was discovered, prompting Rubin & Sons Oil Co., today Universal Petroleum, to be founded in 1923. Oil is the leading export of the country, the platinum having been depleted long ago, with much of it being used now to back the national currency, the Rupee, which is equal to a Universal Standard Dollar. Maracaibo is a huge hotspot for tourism, and it's infrastructure has been optimized to reflect that.

Overview of City and Surrounding Regions:

A view of the Skyline from the Strachan Ocean.
Uptown Maracaibo

Skirted around the business and financial districts of the city, these suburbs are where the majority of its workforce lives. The area is webbed with subdivision developments that are kept in superb condition. The Metropolitan Transit System's subway lines usually terminate here. This is also where the host school, McClellan High School, is located. The dominant demographic here is Caucasian, accounting for about 75% of the population. The closest points of interest are the Maracaibo Municipal Airport/Airbase and the General Carmona wrought iron bridge, which spans its way across the Amazona River into Downtown.

Downtown Maracaibo

Here is where all the action takes place! Downtown has all of the amenities for people young and old. Taking the number 7, Fifth Avenue Line subway toward Bayfront Park, one could easily find themselves within walking distance of museums, monuments, and other areas of cultural andartistic importance. Alternatively, one can take the M60 bus or the number 4 train crosstown to the nightlife and party scene of Maracaibo, in Brenton Heights. For the fashion and shopping inclined, public transportation can be used to get to Riverfront Parkway, home to many storefronts catering to the latest styles, imported from most any country. Places of note include the Universal Petroleum headquarters--a towering, black monolith near the center of the city, the statue of Fmr. President Luke Burton, and the Allied Nations Military Museum, among many, many others.

Transportation

All public transport in and around the city is directed and consolidated under the Metropolitan Transit System. A network of subterranean rail lines are retained to carry approximately 1.7 billion passengers annually, 24/7. A bus service also makes frequent trips out as far as the suburbs of Altagracia. Trains are separated into divisions, based on the part of the city where they service. A reference list is provided below.
A number Three train departing 49th Street Station

Independent (IND) Division
1- |Amazona River Line| Brenton Heights--City Center
2 and <2>- |Urban Connection Line| Largo Station--Bayfront Park
3- |University Park Line| University Station--City Center
Metro Rapid Transit (MRT) Division
4- |University Park Line| University Station--Maracaibo Municipal Airport
5 and <5>- |Parkchester Avenue Line| 135th Street--City Hall
6 and <6>- |Second Avenue Line| 110th Street--Bayfront Park
7- |Fifth Avenue Line| 96th Street--Bayfront Park
Interborough (IBR) Division
A- |Airrail Line| City Center--Maracaibo Int’l Airport
B- |Fifth Avenue Express| 84th Street--Bayfront Plaza
C- |Sandy Spring Local| Riverfront Parkway--General Carmona Bridge
*Numbers within diamonds are express routes

A regular fare of $2.25 is paid in the form of a PassCard which can be purchased at any station. Students serving in the IESP are awarded a special PassCard in which up to 15 trips are free. Transfers between trains within the same station are free. These are also used on buses, which roam the city streets from 6 am to 10 pm.

Local Language and Culture

All of the Tourist Hotspots speak fluent English, as well as other urban areas. The more off the beaten path one gets, the more one is likely to hear Hispanic and Italian dialects. For example, no one would expect a foreigner to exit the 7 on 96th Street, or the B on 84th Street.

There is no word to accurately pigeonhole the people of the Allied Nations. They are as varied as the snowflakes in a blizzard. Fierce Nationalism unites them, however. Off work hours include television entertainment from local stations and around the world. Special coverage of the AN on the frontlines of wars are always an event that the taverns in Downtown Maracaibo are filled for.
Main Entrance to McClellan High School

Geography

Maracaibo is based on a peninsula between the Amazona River and the Strachan Ocean. Before development, it was a heavily forested plain. The Amazona River is two miles wide and 148 feet deep. There are no other major geographic features in the vicinity until one ventures about 100 miles south to the Barrier Mountain Range. The region is home to one of the few specimens of pink sandy beaches, created from finely ground coral.

Other Info

Student Knowledge

• Weapons require a license to carry. Any weapons brought into the country without a domestic carry card will be confiscated and sent back.
  • Lawbreaking will result in deportation, following a visit to the Repurposing Program in Altagracia.
  • Students will be provided with a bankroll of R$600 upon arrival to the school grounds. Expenditure is at their discretion
  • The age of consent is 12. There is no set age to consume alcohol, however, those under 15 must have approval from a parent to do so.
  • When hailing a cab, almost all common gestures are recognized
  • Marijuana is the only taxed and legal controlled substance in the AN. All else are prohibited.
  • Please have proper documentation upon entry to the country. Failure to do so will result in a very bad time.
  • When traveling into the city, please go in pairs. It is somewhat easy to get lost for foreigners.
  • We drive on the right.

Climate

The temperature in the Meinkraft province rarely dips below 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Average temp is about 90 degrees in the summer, and 70 in the winter. The lowest recorded temperature was 46 degrees in December of 2006.

The School

The Host School is the George B. McClellan High School. Being a boarding school, it has adequate accommodations for students. The school day for exchange students lasts for four hours, from 7:55 am to 12:00 noon. Four classes, (History, Math, Science, and Literature) are instructed this semester. The school is located just four miles from Largo Station, and about a five minute walk to the nearest strip mall.
A sample dorm room

Once again, thank you for considering Maracaibo as the host city for the International Student Exchange Program 2016!

ANTIFA!

Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Might edit my bid later to add some info on a gladiator school in Terrum.
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:17 pm

It's the weekend and no longer miderms so I can finally work on my bid. Also Sayo may not return to the next RP as she was selected to the national football team.

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:48 pm

My 3 characters will not be returning after they had been in both the first and second IESP RP's, and they will not be returning as they have finished their second-level education in Verona.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Sebastian isn't returning because he's going to be rejoining the Bruins for training camp but Jess is going to come back.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:07 pm

I have four new characters prepared when if I host. Two if I don't.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Caia won't be returning, but Titus may, depending on location.

Cyllea
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:52 pm

*squints*
I will probably be putting in three students.
I'm probably seen as unreliable after dropping out of both of the IESP roleplays so far, but the first one was because my computer broke, and the second one is because I was moving and was without wifi for like.. A month. :(

Kwadai
Negotiator

Postby Kwadai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm sure it will be ok this time. :)
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Cyllea wrote:*squints*
I will probably be putting in three students.
I'm probably seen as unreliable after dropping out of both of the IESP roleplays so far, but the first one was because my computer broke, and the second one is because I was moving and was without wifi for like.. A month. :(

Welcome back Cyl

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates