NATION

PASSWORD

Queen Needs Therapy (Closed to new apps now)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:40 pm

New Edom wrote:
Page wrote:
I actually took 3 psych classes in college but I take artistic license for the sake of good writing.

If this were real life she would be given a Celexa scrip and the story would be over.

I can do once a day. Should I write Kalvatas going to the hotel? I had the idea of him calling his wife just to spice up the thread with something though it would be a private call with no bearing on the process.

Sure, please do. And what do you mean by 'Celexa scrip and the story would be over'?

I'm talking about my experience with the mental health system. It's often 1) take SSRI 2) GTFO
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Alright, just to let everyone know, I have after a great deal of thought--and believe me it was not easy given the sheer quality of the posts in the apps and in the rping in the IC thread, decided upon the following players:

Zunkwentania, Httanryan, Page. The IC will reflect this in a post i am making tonight. Other players, I hope to rp with you in other forms soon.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Chrysaor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrysaor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Aw what a pity. I guess I'll still stick around to see how things go :p

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Chrysaor wrote:Aw what a pity. I guess I'll still stick around to see how things go :p

Please do :) Your character is really neat, I just can't really see having like half a dozen people on this--past experience suggests it gets way too complicated. Please do consider me for future rps as well.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:09 pm

One thought I DID have, if anyone is interested--there's the possibility of other psychologists/psychiatrists being hired by the Ministry of Health generally, since a lot of foreign hires are taking place as the health industry in New Edom improves. Of course you may want these characters available for your own stuff, but if they were made up just for this there are important positions available, so this would not necessarily have been for nothing. There are only four official mental health facilities in New Edom not run by the Council of Churches which are fully modern and up to date, but there is a desire to expand.

Chrysaor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrysaor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:28 pm

What would they be doing exactly if they signed up?

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Chrysaor wrote:What would they be doing exactly if they signed up?

People are needed for the following jobs:
- research division sub-directors
- clinic directors (hospital mental health divisions)
- mental health facility directors.

Seelelander
Secretary

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seelelander » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:51 am

Signup Form
Nation Name Seeleländer

Character Name Amyris Rezanic

Age/Appearance 32/ She has a smooth honey brown complexion, with big downward slanted eyes that have two tones; green with flecks of blue. Her hair is dark and thick but straight.

Current title/backgroundA Therapist with a Doctorate in Psychiatry

Therapeutic Method A Cognitive Behavioral Approach with a humanistic bend.

Background/BioThe eldest child in her family, Amyris was the elder sister to her brother Davos whom had a warm relationship with her since childhood. She was a compassionate child, and had few friends, as she was bullied frequently as a child due to her naivety. Her family was typically Merovani which was tight knit, but due to her father's liberal attitudes he became a very wealthy neurologist. Amyris grew up sheltered by her loving father, and mother in the small suburban town of Westenbruck, Seeleländer. Her mother was a very conservative Merovani woman, and raised Amyris with the hope that she would be able to have her beautiful daughter become a homemaker to a husband of good standing, but her father taught her the love of serving others through his own profession as a neurologist, and with this aspiration Amyris desired to pursue the medical field and showed little interest in becoming someone's trophy wife. This led to some tension in the household, leaving Amyris with strained relationship with her mother. When she asked her father to enroll her in a magnet program in Sesnor D. Markens's School for Health Professions in Stallenbach, she'd excel and found passion in Psychiatry and Psychology. After graduating from Sesnor D. Markens, she attended the University of Collums Vate, where she pursued a degree in the practice of premed with a focus on Psychiatry. She received her Bachelor's in Premed, and that summer her father died of a heart attack. She continued her education and received her Master's in Psychology and then her Doctoral Degree in Psychology in Collums Vate She later attended Sammon's Medical School, and took her Residency in House Azarah Clinic for the Weary. She completed her residency with honors for her treatment of his Lordship Ser Walder Iston, Presiding patriarch of the House of Iston.

Interview Questions

1. How did you become interested in psychology? "My father was a neurologist, and taught me about the wonders of the human brain, and the beauty of the human mind. It made me appreciate my life in a way that I don't think anything else could do to me. It also gave me the ability to help others and to appreciate the reality of different perspectives."

2. What are some of your career goals as a psychologist? "I intend to open my own practice, or perhaps take a grand scale administrative position which can let me help more people. If there is one needed that I can help others, then I will do it."

3. What is your opinion of objective testing? "Objective testing is crucial to prevent any form of abuses by a therapist's presuppositions and keeps the creeping of bias from entering their practice."

4. What is your opinion of projective testing? "Projective testing, while it once used to be crucial to the field, is now fairly outdated. The use of psychoanalysis has been largely relegated to a vestige of the past, and leaves us with little more than an absurd preconceived notion that somehow human experiences and subconscious thoughts are universal and widely the same. I have found that these are not at all the case, so I tend to avoid said examinations, and work from an objective dialectical standpoint."

5. What multicultural experiences have you had as a psychologist? "I used to work in a clinic in Azarah, which included many immigrant patients. They were all very helpful in elucidating various cultural standpoints to which I was unfamiliar, and it taught me how to respect and approach those differences with great sensitivity."

6. what is your opinion on dealing with patients with strong religious beliefs? "Faith can be the cornerstone and refuge for those who have various afflictions of the mind, and to dismiss or downplay the power of faith on one's positive mindset is to be small minded. In no uncertain terms, any of my patient's religious beliefs would be respected, provided they do not cause great harm to themselves or others."

7. Do you have any strong political beliefs that affect your career? "As a therapist and physician, I find that it is impossible to be in my field without having some form of compassion or affection for the human race, therefore it is impossible for me to neglect abuses by a government that seeks to harm the population. One that promotes enslavement, one that promotes genocide, one that promotes the abridging of human rights does affect my view to regard the perpetrating state negatively."

8. What do you feel is necessary in order to deal with PTSD or depression? "A combination of medicine and talk therapy is best. I recommend Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Trauma Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Identifying various triggers which affect the patient, and using systematic eye movement desensitization and reprocessing which has shown promise in the field as well. In some extreme cases there's also perhaps the issuing of a service animal. Use of therapy with appropriate medication to control serotonin re-uptake is crucial to a patient's recovery. I will also use relaxation and anger control skills to help the patient overcome traumatic experiences which are triggered by mundane activities, provide tips for better sleep, diet, and exercise habits, help my patient overcome feelings of guilt, shame, and other feelings about the traumatic events. I often focus on changing how the patient reacts to their PTSD symptoms."

9. Are you willing to work with a team of other medical professionals? "Happily, this would be great to provide valuable second opinions."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates