NATION

PASSWORD

International Coalition of Democracies (OOC|Open)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Terrelis
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

International Coalition of Democracies (OOC|Open)

Postby Terrelis » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:29 pm

The International Coalition of Democracies (ICD) is an intergovernmental alliance of nation that seeks to promote democracy, protect the sovereignty of its members, and ensure the rights of its members citizen are not infringed upon. ICD seeks to achieve its goals by use of diplomacy or armed conflict, but diplomacy will always come first and war will always be a last resort.

Charter of the International Coalition of Democracies

Preamble
We the undersigned nations due hereby establish this alliance, to be known as the International Coalition of Democracies or ICD, in order to better provide a means for international cooperation; and to form a forum for demicratic nations to spread the sacred tenents of democracy.
Article I - Purpose and Goals
ICD has three main goals that together form the purpose of the organization:
• Promote demoracy both in member states, and more importantly in non-member states where demoracy does not exist.
• Protect the sovereignty of member states, if it be so threatened by non-member states.
• Ensure that the rights of all citizens, of member states and non-member states alike, not be infringed upon or they otherwise be deprived thereof.
Article II - Membership
Section I - Eligibility
Membership in ICD is open to all nations who meet the following elegilibility criteria:
• Democracy, in some form, must exist in your nation and its government.
• Civil rights, of all kinds, must be afforded to all of your nations cirizens regardless if race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other discirminatory attribute.
• Your nation must not have, in the past, carelessly and pointlessly engaged in armed conflict, amd only engaged in such conflict if the sovereignty of your nation or safety of you people were threatened.
Section II - Process
In order to become a full fledged member of ICD one must submit an application; if this application is submitted before the first meeting of the ICON Assembly then it must be accepted by the Founder, but if the application is submitted during or after the first meeting of the ICD Assembly it must be accepted by the President of the Assembly.
Section III - Code of Conduct
At the point that an application ks accelted the signature at the end of the application comes into effect, and the nation is considered a member of ICD and must abide by the followinh code lf conduct:
• No citizen shall be deprived of any rights or freedoms that the General Assembly deems necessary for them to have.
• No nation shall engage in armed conflict unless duely provoked, whether or not the nation was duely provoked shall be decided by the General Assembly.
• No nation shall misrepresent the ICD, or symbols thereof, in any way, shape, or form.
• No nation shall unjustly threaten the sovereignty of another nation or the security of its citizens, without just causes; such causes shall be deemed just by the General Assembly.
Article III - Institutions
Section I - Secretariat
The Secretariat is the Executive Arm of the ICD and is responsible for day to day administration and executing the laws of the General Assembly. The Secretariat is the home of the Executive Office of the ICD and the three ICD Commissions that are responsibke for overseeing the key functions of the ICD.
Section II - General Assembly
The General Assembly is the Legislative Arm of the ICD and responsible for passing binding legislation for the members states of the organization. The laws passed by the Assembly pertain to the ICDs three areas of jurisdiction: Peace and Security, International Relations, and Trade and Economics. All member states are considered members of the General Assembky and all have equal voting powers. The Assembly js also responsibke for viting in the Secretary Generals reccimendations for punishments for memberstates who break ICD law.
Article IV - Governance
Section II - Secretary General
The Secretary General is the Chief Executive of the ICD and head of the Secretariat, overall responsible for the day to day administration of the organization. The Secretary General is responsibke for appointing the three commissioner after being elected by the General Assembly. The Secretary General ks elected every 4 months, by a majority vote in the General Assembly.
Section II - President of the Assembly
The President of the Assembly is the head of the General Assembky and oresides over all General Assembly meetings. The President is elected every 2 months, by a majority vote in the General Assembly.

Leadership

Secretariat
Secretary General:
Commissioner for Peace & Security:
Commissioner for International Relations:
Commissioner for Trade & Economics:

General Assembly
President of the Assembly:
Vice President of the Assembly:

Membership Application

Code: Select all
[b]Official Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Common Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Head of Government:[/b]
[b]Description of Government:[/b]

[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Capital City:[/b]
[b]Capital Population:[/b]
[b]Largest City:[/b]
[b]Largest City Population:[/b]

[b]Official Military Name:[/b]
[b]Branches of Military:[/b]
[b]Activ Military Personell:[/b]
[b]Total Military Personell:[/b]

[b]Civil Rights Rating:[/b] (1-10)
[b]Political Freedoms Rating:[/b] (1-10)
[b]What previous wars or conflicts have you been in?[/b]

[b]Ambassador to ICD:[/b]
[b]Ambassadors Bio:[/b]
[b]Do you agree to abide by the Charter of ICD?[/b] I (Head of States Name) do hereby agree to abide by the Charter of the International Coalition of Democracies.
Last edited by Terrelis on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Reserved

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Reserved

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Should I, Greatest military Junta in South America, fear :D?
Gran Cuscatlan - population 718 million - is rightist junta ruled county in Latin America. | I am born again Christian.
SANTIAGO ANTI COMMUNIST TREATY ORGANISATION - WE KILL THE REDS! | INDUTRIAS SOBERRANAS - CUSCATLANI ARMS! | Cuscatlani Integralism | Guardia Anticommunista

Given title of "The AntiChe" by Lolloh 10th May 2014. Now commies tremble in fear!

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:25 am

El Cuscatlan wrote:Should I, Greatest military Junta in South America, fear :D?

Huh?

Prairie Canada
Envoy

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prairie Canada » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:49 am

Official Nation Name: The Confederacy of Central Canada
Common Nation Name: Prairie Canada, or Central Canada
Head of State: George Melbert Harrison
Head of Government: George Melbert Harrison
Description of Government: A multiparty parliamentary democracy based on that of Canada, with a house of Commons and a Senate. There is a ceremonial royal governor, but he has no monarchial ties to great britain.

Population: 6,000,000 (roleplay population
Capital City: Calgary
Capital Population: 988,195
Largest City: Calgary
Largest City Population: see above

Official Military Name: The Army of Central Canada
Branches of Military: The Central Canadian Defense Force, the Central Canadian Naval Flotilla, and the Central Canadian Air Force
Activ Military Personell: 20,000
Total Military Personell: 400,000 (this factors in population eligible for draft and currently serving mandatory duty)

Civil Rights Rating: (1-10) 9
Political Freedoms Rating: (1-10) 10
What previous wars or conflicts have you been in? None

Ambassador to ICD: Terrence N. Phillips
Ambassadors Bio: Mr. Phillips was for a long time the voice of a well known comedic actor, little is it known that he has a degree in international politics
Do you agree to abide by the Charter of ICD? I, George Melbert Harrison, do hereby agree to abide by the Charter of the International Coalition of Democracies.

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:03 am

Prairie Canada wrote:Official Nation Name: The Confederacy of Central Canada
Common Nation Name: Prairie Canada, or Central Canada
Head of State: George Melbert Harrison
Head of Government: George Melbert Harrison
Description of Government: A multiparty parliamentary democracy based on that of Canada, with a house of Commons and a Senate. There is a ceremonial royal governor, but he has no monarchial ties to great britain.

Population: 6,000,000 (roleplay population
Capital City: Calgary
Capital Population: 988,195
Largest City: Calgary
Largest City Population: see above

Official Military Name: The Army of Central Canada
Branches of Military: The Central Canadian Defense Force, the Central Canadian Naval Flotilla, and the Central Canadian Air Force
Activ Military Personell: 20,000
Total Military Personell: 400,000 (this factors in population eligible for draft and currently serving mandatory duty)

Civil Rights Rating: (1-10) 9
Political Freedoms Rating: (1-10) 10
What previous wars or conflicts have you been in? None

Ambassador to ICD: Terrence N. Phillips
Ambassadors Bio: Mr. Phillips was for a long time the voice of a well known comedic actor, little is it known that he has a degree in international politics
Do you agree to abide by the Charter of ICD? I, George Melbert Harrison, do hereby agree to abide by the Charter of the International Coalition of Democracies.

Accepted

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Bump

Prairie Canada
Envoy

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prairie Canada » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:28 pm

Terrelis wrote:Bump

(when will elections be for the offices?)

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Prairie Canada wrote:
Terrelis wrote:Bump

(when will elections be for the offices?)

I want at least 6 members before we do that so recruit anyone you possibly can.

The New Arab republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Arab republic » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Official Nation Name: The New Arab Republic of Syria and the Levant
Common Nation Name: The New Arab Republic or Arab Republic
Head of State: Marzug Misad
Head of Government: Marzug Misad
Description of Government:The Arab Republic is a federation with a parliamentary system governed under the Constitution of the nation, which serves as the country's supreme legal document. It is a constitutional republic and representative democracy, in which "majority rule is tempered by minority rights protected by law". Federalism in India defines the power distribution between the federal government and the states. The government abides by constitutional checks and balances.

Population: 89 million
Capital City: Damascus
Capital Population: Damascus
Largest City: Baghdad
Largest City Population: 4.8 million

Official Military Name: The Arab Republic Grand army
Branches of Military: Army, Navy, air brigade
Active Military Personnel: Around 550,000
Total Military Personnel: around 1 - 2 million

Civil Rights Rating: 7 (1-10)
Political Freedoms Rating: 6 (1-10)
What previous wars or conflicts have you been in?: None on NS but Many in are history

Ambassador to ICD: Alam Masad
Ambassadors Bio:
Do you agree to abide by the Charter of ICD? I Marzug Misad do hereby agree to abide by the Charter of the International Coalition of Democracies.

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:04 pm

The New Arab republic wrote:Official Nation Name: The New Arab Republic of Syria and the Levant
Description of Government:The Arab Republic is a federation with a parliamentary system governed under the Constitution of the nation, which serves as the country's supreme legal document. It is a constitutional republic and representative democracy, in which "majority rule is tempered by minority rights protected by law". Federalism in India defines the power distribution between the federal government and the states. The government abides by constitutional checks and balances.

What previous wars or conflicts have you been in?: None on NS but Many in are history

Ambassadors Bio:
Do you agree to abide by the Charter of ICD? I Marzug Misad do hereby agree to abide by the Charter of the International Coalition of Democracies.

Accepted

The New Arab republic
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Arab republic » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Terrelis wrote:
The New Arab republic wrote:Official Nation Name: The New Arab Republic of Syria and the Levant

Ambassadors Bio:

Accepted

Do you need more details about my military?

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:12 pm

The New Arab republic wrote:
Terrelis wrote:Accepted

Do you need more details about my military?

Not until we start setting up the peacekeeper force

The New Arab republic
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Arab republic » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Terrelis wrote:
The New Arab republic wrote:Do you need more details about my military?

Not until we start setting up the peacekeeper force

Im just gonna say.

Off the shelf force based around cheapest equipment which includes a large number of Soviet and french equipment along with a handful of American, British and Chinese equipment.

Small handfuls come from others.

Kingston-Atlantis
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingston-Atlantis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Reserve a Spot please!
THE HOLY EMPIRE OF KINGSTON-ATLANTIS
Lattinus Viae de Virtue: Pioneers of Moral Excellence
Proud Member of Otoris
Singaporean, Male.
Overview

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Kingston-Atlantis wrote:Reserve a Spot please!

Of course

The New Arab republic
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Arab republic » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:20 pm

Does that make for a Ok defense force?

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:22 pm

The New Arab republic wrote:Does that make for a Ok defense force?

I didnt understand anything you posted

The New Arab republic
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Arab republic » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Terrelis wrote:
The New Arab republic wrote:Does that make for a Ok defense force?

I didnt understand anything you posted

:( Oh

I was asking if a large mix of older with a few modern equipment made for a ok defense force,

Also yes the older equipment has been partially upgraded.

Mallaska
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mallaska » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Official Nation Name: The Republic of Mallaska
Common Nation Name: Mallaska
Head of State: President Rick H. Hall
Head of Government: President Rick H. Hall
Description of Government: Unicameral legislative house bound by charter founded on principles of full liberty to the Mallaskan Citizenry. Common laws are brought into effect through proposal by Congress, approval by the President and Charter Adherence Administration, then voted on by the general citizenry by public referendum. The government itself can only act within itself on matters of emergency, foreign affairs, and national unrest. Political parties and corporate lobbying are both illegal, being seen as detriments to liberty and democracy.

Population: 468,000,000
Capital City: Callista, Callista District, Mallaska
Capital Population: 3.3 Million
Largest City: Chessex, Mallaska
Largest City Population: 5.6 Million

Official Military Name: The Mallaskan Republic's Unitary Armed Forces
Branches of Military: Republic's Unitary Army, Crown Republic Navy, Republic Air Guard, Mallaskan Nautical Guard, National Police
Active Military Personnel: 1,877,000
Total Military Personnel: 4,124,000 (Only includes committed reservists personnel, military-affiliated contractors, National Police, and various Department of Security elements. General armed populace omitted, as this would include 94% of the Mallaskan populace.)

Civil Rights Rating: 9
Political Freedoms Rating: 9
What previous wars or conflicts have you been in?: Gavran War (Victory), Post-Gavran War Reconstruction Conflicts, and the Morrellian Border Crisis

Ambassador to ICD: Ret. Major Thomas Andrew Selkirk, 42
Ambassadors Bio: Former decorated Mallaskan Army officer from 1994 to 2008. Worked as a security adviser to the Department of Foreign Relations until recent promotion.
Do you agree to abide by the Charter of ICD? I, Rick Harrison Hall, do hereby agree to abide by the Charter of the International Coalition of Democracies.
Former USMC 0621 - Comms is down because I'm not down with Comms
Correctional Officer because I got bored

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Terrelis wrote:I didnt understand anything you posted

:( Oh

I was asking if a large mix of older with a few modern equipment made for a ok defense force,

For your nation thats fine, for the Peacekeepers I would want more modern equipment. Most conflicts we enter will be heavily modernized so you may not stand very much chance.

Terrelis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terrelis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Mallaska wrote:Official Nation Name: The Republic of Mallaska
Common Nation Name: Mallaska
Head of State: President Rick H. Hall
Head of Government: President Rick H. Hall
Description of Government: Unicameral legislative house bound by charter founded on principles of full liberty to the Mallaskan Citizenry. Common laws are brought into effect through proposal by Congress, approval by the President and Charter Adherence Administration, then voted on by the general citizenry by public referendum. The government itself can only act within itself on matters of emergency, foreign affairs, and national unrest. Political parties and corporate lobbying are both illegal, being seen as detriments to liberty and democracy.

Population: 468,000,000
Capital City: Callista, Callista District, Mallaska
Capital Population: 3.3 Million
Largest City: Chessex, Mallaska
Largest City Population: 5.6 Million

Official Military Name: The Mallaskan Republic's Unitary Armed Forces
Branches of Military: Republic's Unitary Army, Crown Republic Navy, Republic Air Guard, Mallaskan Nautical Guard, National Police
Active Military Personnel: 1,877,000
Total Military Personnel: 4,124,000 (Only includes committed reservists personnel, military-affiliated contractors, National Police, and various Department of Security elements. General armed populace omitted, as this would include 94% of the Mallaskan populace.)

Civil Rights Rating: 9
Political Freedoms Rating: 9
What previous wars or conflicts have you been in?: Gavran War (Victory), Post-Gavran War Reconstruction Conflicts, and the Morrellian Border Crisis

Ambassador to ICD: Ret. Major Thomas Andrew Selkirk, 42
Ambassadors Bio: Former decorated Mallaskan Army officer from 1994 to 2008. Worked as a security adviser to the Department of Foreign Relations until recent promotion.
Do you agree to abide by the Charter of ICD? I, Rick Harrison Hall, do hereby agree to abide by the Charter of the International Coalition of Democracies.

Accepted

The New Arab republic
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Arab republic » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:50 am

Terrelis wrote:
The New Arab republic wrote: :( Oh

For your nation thats fine, for the Peacekeepers I would want more modern equipment. Most conflicts we enter will be heavily modernized so you may not stand very much chance.

I have modern things but not alot to say.

Mallaska
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mallaska » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:50 am

Terrelis wrote:For your nation thats fine, for the Peacekeepers I would want more modern equipment. Most conflicts we enter will be heavily modernized so you may not stand very much chance.

I have modern things but not alot to say.

I think I can contribute a bit. I maintain a fairly modern army and I'm willing to commit some to the peacekeeping forces.
Former USMC 0621 - Comms is down because I'm not down with Comms
Correctional Officer because I got bored

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates