NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:At the right opportunity the Bratislavian delegate made a short statement,

"Has New Carloso, our Defense Minister, been at all active? We have reason to believe that the RRF may be called into action soon, and we need our DF active. Furthermore, it is imperative that we fully confirm the RRF Roster, so that we are fully ready. However, all that can't be done without the fully cooperation of the Defense Minister. He must be contacted."

Ashford poked her head out of her office-looking for Delegates, shrugged her shoulders finding none, when she saw the Sec. Gen. speaking to her from across the hall.

"I saw him a few days ago, but not since. Do you want me to send him a memo?"

"Yes, he needs to be summoned to the Council immediately. It is urgent that the RRF matter gets resolved. It's a matter of the security of this alliance, we need to be ready at the moment's notice if the RRF if called."
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Elemental North wrote:
Ashford poked her head out of her office-looking for Delegates, shrugged her shoulders finding none, when she saw the Sec. Gen. speaking to her from across the hall.

"I saw him a few days ago, but not since. Do you want me to send him a memo?"

"Yes, he needs to be summoned to the Council immediately. It is urgent that the RRF matter gets resolved. It's a matter of the security of this alliance, we need to be ready at the moment's notice if the RRF if called."

"Won't you step into my office Mr. Secretary General."
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:

"Sure"

The Bratislavian Diplomat closes the door as he walks into the newly decorated office.

"What is on your mind, Madame Prime Minister?"

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Elemental North wrote:

"Sure"

The Bratislavian Diplomat closes the door as he walks into the newly decorated office.

She sighed.

"I don't think I'll ever stop getting a chill when I'm called that title."

She smiled.

"So, how do you think everything is going? The office, the Alliance, Seward and I?"

She looked at him, she knew he'd be harboring thoughts...
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:46 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:
"Sure"

She sighed.

She smiled.

"So, how do you think everything is going? The office, the Alliance, Seward and I?"

"I think things are going well for now, the alliance has gotten off to a good start and it's more active than we thought it would be. I think your leadership is what the Council needs and we in the Bratislavian Government hope that Elemental North, known as a strong opponent to UL and their sympathizers , continues this position. We do believe that right now it is imperative that the RRF be reformed, and if the Defense Minister is failing to fulfill is duties a replacement should be appointed for the time being. We need to be sure that if RRF assistance is needed it will be given efficiently and quickly. This is coming straight from the Bratislavian Secret Intelligence which has picked up some intel on possible coordinated attacks on IFC countries in the near future."

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Elemental North wrote:
She sighed.

She smiled.

"I think things are going well for now, the alliance has gotten off to a good start and it's more active than we thought it would be. I think your leadership is what the Council needs and we in the Bratislavian Government hope that Elemental North, known as a strong opponent to UL and their sympathizers , continues this position. We do believe that right now it is imperative that the RRF be reformed, and if the Defense Minister is failing to fulfill is duties a replacement should be appointed for the time being. We need to be sure that if RRF assistance is needed it will be given efficiently and quickly. This is coming straight from the Bratislavian Secret Intelligence which has picked up some intel on possible coordinated attacks on IFC countries in the near future."

She leaned in.

"Sir, I appreciate your endorsement. I plan on doing everything I can in my time here, to serve this Alliance. As to the Defense Minister, who did you have in mind for the interim?"
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:

She leaned in.

"Sir, I appreciate your endorsement. I plan on doing everything I can in my time here, to serve this Alliance. As to the Defense Minister, who did you have in mind for the interim?"

"We need someone that has experience in military actions and is also active, I can do some scouting, but you should also. I will contact New Carloso personally, if he doesn't respond in 24 hours , we will replace him with an interim. Since it is your cabinet officially, it is to your discretion who you want appointed. The Secretary General only has the power to dismiss or dissolve the cabinet or any members that is deemed to be working against IFC and IFC's interests, but it is highly doubtful that such a thing would happen."

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Elemental North wrote:
She leaned in.

"We need someone that has experience in military actions and is also active, I can do some scouting, but you should also. I will contact New Carloso personally, if he doesn't respond in 24 hours , we will replace him with an interim. Since it is your cabinet officially, it is to your discretion who you want appointed. The Secretary General only has the power to dismiss or dissolve the cabinet or any members that is deemed to be working against IFC and IFC's interests, but it is highly doubtful that such a thing would happen."

"Very good then sir. I'll seek out talent soon. Notify me, if the good Minister does not respond."

She walked over to the window.

"We enter interesting waters here sir, very interesting indeed."
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:

"Very good then sir. I'll seek out talent soon. Notify me, if the good Minister does not respond."

"Very good, Catherine, I have already dispatched a message to New Carloso, tomorrow night let us reconvene to discuss this situation if he doesn't respond. After, we get this RRF reformed, it's going to be a busy few weeks in the Council, to get through those other issues that we proposed. Have a good day, let's stay in touch."

The minister smiled, and left out of the door, while taking a call immediately in his native Bratislavian.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Elemental North wrote:

"Very good, Catherine, I have already dispatched a message to New Carloso, tomorrow night let us reconvene to discuss this situation if he doesn't respond. After, we get this RRF reformed, it's going to be a busy few weeks in the Council, to get through those other issues that we proposed. Have a good day, let's stay in touch."

The minister smiled, and left out of the door, while taking a call immediately in his native Bratislavian.

Ashford smiled as well.

"Good night sir, and I'll assure to stay in touch."
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bazrasha
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bazrasha » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:51 pm

Al-Kindi was next in line to talk to Ms. Ashford and when he heard the doors open and her calling for the next person. He stood up slowly with the use of a old wooden cane which had obviously been hand made years ago with the wood brushed and did colored as a result of years of use. He walked up to door of Ms. Ashfords office and walked in after a knock on the door. He slowly shuffled his way into the room and took his appropriate seat.

"Salam Ms. Ashford it's a pleasure to meet you." He said as he sat down and placed a portfolio on the table with the words "Bazrashi Census Information"

2011 Census Information

Religions Demographics
• Islam 39%
-Sunni 43%
- Shia 32%
- Ibadi 25%

• Christianity 33%
-Armenian Apostolic Church 47%
-Syriac Orthodox Church 21%
-Assyrian Church of the East 13%
-Greek Orthodox Church 9%
-Syriac Maronite Church of Antioch 6%
-Ancient Church of the East 4%

•Nom-Religious 19%
-Atheist 82%
-Agnostic 18%

•Judaism 8%
-Conservative Judaism 68%
-Orthodox Judaism 21%
-Reformed Judaism 11%

• Other/Unknown/Not Answered 1%

Language Demographics

• Arabic only 12%

• Kurdish only 9%

• Azeri only 10%

•Armenian only 6%

• Bi-Lingual 53%

• Multi-Lingual 10%

Ethnic Background

•Arab 54%

•Kurdish 19%

•Turkmen 12%

•Armenian 11%

• Mix/one or more ethnic backgrounds

"Here is a very basic overview of religious, ethnic, and linguistic demographics in Bazrasha. I do wish I could give you more in depth numbers but this is what the government have me. Anyway as for history... Well the nations history goes back all the way to the first Shahiman in 612 BC but for simplicity we will start at the bargaining of the third and current republic." He said in his aged, raspy, weary, and calm voice typical for a man of his age.

"The start of the republic had it's roots in the start if the White Revolution something I experienced first hand as I was a high ranking member of the Republican alliance. Basically what the White revolution was was a civil protest against the Communist Government preformed by an organization of several underground political parties known as the Democratic Opposition which called for a peaceful transition to democracy. This started in 1989 and the protest lasted until the communist government agreed to hold democratic election. In 1992 the communist lost power in the first democratic election in the nation in over 20 years. The election brought a united conservative coalition government and obviously they brought in some conservative policies although nothing that would cause any sort of controversy. During this time thanks to a well developed national Infrastructure and economic polices which favored rapid growth the economy skyrocketed through the rest of the 90's and early 2000's before the economy started to hit a plateau and fears of a financial crisis set in which is obvious when you run such a strongly capitalistic economic policy. So in 2003 the government set in measures to help stop a financial crisis and the expense of high economic growth. So that's really the biggest thing which have happened to the nation thus far. Oh and I forgot this." He said as he pulled out another small spreadsheet from his old leather suitcase.

"It's a excel sheet on the political parties in the General Assembly. And the Executive Branch"

Current Political Parties in the General Assembly
PartySeatsPositionCoalition
The Democratic Alliance39CenterCoalition of Progress
Social Democrats38Center-leftCoalition of Progress
Christian Left16LeftCoalition of Progress
Kurdish Democratic Alliance15CenterCoalition of Progress
Republican Alliance21Center-rightThe True Bazrashi
Kurdish Republican Front8Center-RightThe True Bazradhi
Turkmen Representation Group12CenterThe True Bazrashi
True Democrats15Center-RightThe True Bazrashi
Republican Democrats21RighThe True Bazrashi
Nationalist Front12Far-RightN/A
Islamic Front of Al-dhi’b3Far-RightN/A

Executive Branch Leadership
PresidentPrime MinisterShadow PresidentSpeaker of the General Assembly
Makmud al-HejazHamis bin-MalikisadiqRaza Al-FirqHephzibah Al-Qafzah
Last edited by Bazrasha on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:40 am

Oh and as a quick announcement:

"The peaceful nation of Waldreich came under attack recently by the aggressor state of Waklanda. Waldriech had recently become a member of the IFC and requested support. As a result, I am proud to say that both my nation, and the other IFC members of Giliberafta, Rawlincia and Pantalleria all came to its defense, as did some other nations of the international community. With our help, including the Valaran airforce, the Waklandan invasion force were swiftly routed for minimal casualties. Subsequently, a joint Waldreichan, Pantallerian and Rawlincian assault also removed the dictator from power and peace treaty was signed shortly afterwards. This was a classic case of the IFC rallying around its members when they needed it most, and I would like to commend and congratulate all nations involved in the defense of Waldreich."
Last edited by Valaran on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:19 am

"Present." Davies walked into the room as if he wasn't late and took his seat beside Seward. "There were some protesters outside the embassy. Apparently supporting your ally gets you in trouble nowadays."

OCC: Sorry, something came up yesterday.
Last edited by New Carloso on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:24 am

New Carloso wrote:"Present." Davies walked into the room as if he wasn't late and took his seat beside Seward. "There were some protesters outside the embassy. Apparently supporting your ally gets you in trouble nowadays."

"Hey, good to see you" Seward said in a friendly manner.

"Wait there are protesters? what about?" he added, looking more concerned.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:36 am

Valaran wrote:
New Carloso wrote:"Present." Davies walked into the room as if he wasn't late and took his seat beside Seward. "There were some protesters outside the embassy. Apparently supporting your ally gets you in trouble nowadays."

Davies rolled his eyes and moved to ready his paperwork. "Not many people are happy with our involvement in Paldavia and in the Southern Flank War. The protests should die down shortly though. Nothing to worry about."

"So, what is this news about the attack on Waldreich by Waklanda?"
Last edited by New Carloso on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 am

New Carloso wrote:
Valaran wrote:

Davies rolled his eyes and moved to ready his paperwork. "Not many people are happy with our involvement in Paldavia and in the Southern Flank War. The protests should die down shortly though. Nothing to worry about."

"Well I don't know much about Paldavia, but the southern Flank is looking like it will be tough."

"Oh it was a minor affair by all accounts. A dictator threatened to invade Walriech so we told him to back off. Surprisingly, it didn't work and he invaded with his troops scoring minor victories. So my Prime minister sent 2 divisions, 1 air wing and fleet to show that we meant business, but we didn't actually need half of that. Instead, they retreated after one volley of AGM-65 Mavericks form our F35s, from what I heard. Then Rawlincia and Waldriech counter-invaded and overthrow the dictator in pretty short order. It was tight and and resolved quickly with no causalities for my nation; a textbook war if you will."

"The strife in CSA looks a lot worse though form the reports I've been given. A nuclear terrorist attack on the capital, something like 3 foreign invasions and mass revolts... they will need serious support."
Last edited by Valaran on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:59 am

Valaran wrote:
New Carloso wrote:Davies rolled his eyes and moved to ready his paperwork. "Not many people are happy with our involvement in Paldavia and in the Southern Flank War. The protests should die down shortly though. Nothing to worry about."

"Well I don't know much about Paldavia, but the southern Flank is looking like it will be tough."

"Oh it was minor by all accounts. A dictator threatened to invade Walriech so we told him to back off. It didn't work and invaded with his troops scoring minor victories. So my Prime minister sent 2 divisions, 1 air wing and fleet, but we didn't actually need half of that. We literally fired one volley of AGM-65 Mavericks at them to show we meant business, and they retreated from what I heard. Then Rawlincia and Waldriech counter-invaded and overthrow the dictator in pretty short order. It was tight and and resolved quickly with no causalities for my nation; a textbook war if you will."

"The strife in CSA looks a lot worse though form the reports I've been given. A nuclear terrorist attack on the capital, something like 3 foreign invasions and mass revolts... they will need serious support."

Davies nodded as he spoke. "Agreed, they won't be able to hold be able to hold off these attacks for much longer. I trust the deployment of the Carlossian Navy and Airforce to the CSA is in order. I'll contact the Supreme Chancellor about military deployments tonight and see what kind of taskforce we can build. Does anyone else plan to send military units there?"
Last edited by New Carloso on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zunkwentania
Minister

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zunkwentania » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:08 am

"We plan to send troops over there", replied Zarder.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:58 am

"Unfortunately, I think my nation is overstretched as it is. We are marshaling quite a large IFC effort in Bagganagia as you know, but we are also fighting a war in Zerra, and now have another escalating situation in our own colony of St Thomas. Whatever forces we can spare will be quite small, though naturally we would be willing to help in any way we can."

Seward paused for a moment, before adding:

"You might want to ask the delegates of Flardania and RVN to see if they will support it; they are usually quite active. Guerro and other resident nations in Atlas are also usually open to such interventions, though I fear that there will be a regional war there that will consume many of our members shortly."

Waldriech
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:58 am

Amanda sat down and called the Secretary of Defense. "Hello," Said Amanda. The Secretary said
back "Ya, What do you need." she answered "You know how we have all of those Wakandan
Weapons." "I think we have a use for them now." The Secretary said "How, What is your idea."
Amanda Answered "The CSA, a member of the IFC is in trouble. Let's send those old Wakandan pieces of junk away." The Secretary thought that that was a good idea.

So that's what we will contribute to this new war. 300,000 old Wakandan AK-47's.
Last edited by Waldriech on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm a, Catholic, Anarcho-Capitalist from Arkansas.

Pro: Free-Market, Property Rights, Gun Rights, Weed Legalization, Public Service Privatization, Trump, Rand and Ron Paul, GOP, Free Speech, Religious Freedom, Catholic Teachings, Non-Aggression Principle, Natural Law, General Pinochet.

Anti: Communism, Democrats, ISIS, Terrorism, SJWs, Gay Pride.

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:54 am

The Bratislav diplomat immediately approached the Minister:

"Greetings Davies, hope everything is well. As Defense Minister of the IFC, we need you affirm the RRF roster. We know you had been working on that before, but given the merger, we need that affirmation to be updated so we can have a updated roster of the RRF. We need to make sure that we are ready just in case RRF assistance is called. We believe this issue is of utmost priority given intel that attacks on IFC members may be imminent.

Also, my Government gives its strong thanks for your support in Paldavia. Our victory there has ensured an era of prosperity and peace in that region."

New Carloso
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:59 am

Bratislav wrote:

The Bratislav diplomat immediately approached the Minister:

"Greetings Davies, hope everything is well. As Defense Minister of the IFC, we need you affirm the RRF roster. We know you had been working on that before, but given the merger, we need that affirmation to be updated so we can have a updated roster of the RRF. We need to make sure that we are ready just in case RRF assistance is called. We believe this issue is of utmost priority given intel that attacks on IFC members may be imminent.

Also, my Government gives its strong thanks for your support in Paldavia. Our victory there has ensured an era of prosperity and peace in that region."

"Of course, I'll start the roster shortly. Everyone will have until the next council meeting to verify their contribution to the RRF."

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:11 am

Valaran wrote:Oh and as a quick announcement:

"The peaceful nation of Waldreich came under attack recently by the aggressor state of Waklanda. Waldriech had recently become a member of the IFC and requested support. As a result, I am proud to say that both my nation, and the other IFC members of Giliberafta, Rawlincia and Pantalleria all came to its defense, as did some other nations of the international community. With our help, including the Valaran airforce, the Waklandan invasion force were swiftly routed for minimal casualties. Subsequently, a joint Waldreichan, Pantallerian and Rawlincian assault also removed the dictator from power and peace treaty was signed shortly afterwards. This was a classic case of the IFC rallying around its members when they needed it most, and I would like to commend and congratulate all nations involved in the defense of Waldreich."

Ashford called out through the P.A system;

"All Delegates are to report to main chambers immediately, repeat, all Delegates please report to main chambers immediately-thank you."
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 am

Elemental North wrote:
Valaran wrote:Oh and as a quick announcement:

"All Delegates are to report to main chambers immediately, repeat, all Delegates please report to main chambers immediately-thank you."

Seward walked to the main chamber and spoke briefly:

"There seems to have been a second crisis concerning Waldreich and Waklanda. However it also appears to be in the process of being resolved; the two nations are in talks currently and seemed to have come to an agreement."
Last edited by Valaran on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 am

Valaran wrote:
Elemental North wrote:

Seward walked to the main chamber and spoke:

"There seems to have been a second crisis concerning Waldreich and Waklanda. However it also appears to be in the process of being resolved; the two nations are in talks currently and seemed to have come to an agreement."

Davies took his seat in the main chamber. "To be brutally honest with you Seward, the only way to deal with Waklanda is to occupy them and ensure the deposition of their current leadership, for Waldreich's sake. They will only continue to make war with our allies."
Last edited by New Carloso on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates