NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:37 am

"I shall vote NAY on Resolution 2/3, you didn't seem to be too sure yourself," Juunar said with a kind smile. Erring was the fear that had always prevented him from making a resolution, that and being voted against.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:23 am

The door to the Council opened, and this time a diamond-encrusted golden claw extended around, followed promptly by the black-cloaked Prince Kazpia, Aestorian Foreign Secretary, trailed by streamers in every colour, his face covered in a mask of dark silver, except for his mouth, and his hair spiralled with flowers and peacock-feathers.

The Ausitorians were good at being dramatic when it suited them.

Arching his horned glove on the door, the Prince spoke, forcing everyone to turn to look at him if they dared.

"The backroom squabbles in the corridors of power on this insignificant matter have become deafening, sufficient to make me suspicious of an ulterior motive to distract the Coalition government from functioning effectively.

We are quite fed up. If this may be the end of my government, it is my right to defend its record - a record of pragmatic efficiency, dozens of people working efficiently and effectively together, in, I think, the best demonstration of what an IFC government is capable of.

As of today, we are one month into my government, and we have been planning to update you anyway on its affairs. Let us start with my

General Government Update
First Month

Central Government.

Prime Minister: Me.
Chief of Staff: Novo Wagondia
Minister-at-large: Feng
Vice President: Aravea
Central Government Budget: c. $10 billion

Central policies:
Manifesto, SACTO opinion, maintenance of alliance, expulsion of Inyursta, intervention in Nkobangou

New Members:
Guadalupador, Erenifa, Nkobangou, Rentonia, Singaporean Transhumans, Salderia, Jedoria, The Global Republic, Patrick OConner, Vistora, Jedoria, Tennstedt, Arcovova, and Ottoman Nogay.

Speaker’s Office.

Speaker: Chilokver
Deputy Speakers: Novo Wagondia, Feng.
Council Budget: c. $5 billion

Resolutions in force:
Resolution 0.
Resolution 1.

Ministry of Defence.

Minister: Greater Carloso.
Deputy Ministers: Shazbotdom, Organized States.
Budget: c. $100 billion

Force Structure:
Supreme Allied Commander: Libraria and Ausitoria
C-in-C Army: Greater Carloso, C-in-C Navy: Shazbotdom, C-in-C Air: Organized States.
C-in-C Special Forces: The United Remnants of America, C-in-C Exercises: Krjder, C-in-C Operations: Mizrad, C-in-C Intelligence: Naybra.

Projects:
Force restructuring
Special Forces
Bases
Army Restructuring
Training Centre

Standardization
Joint Response Fighter
Joint Tank Programme
Joint Naval Programme
Standard Munitions Discussions

Operations
Nkobangou
Jabiyya

Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Minister: Flardania.
Deputy Ministers: Conner, West Aurelia
Budget: c. $10 billion

Committees:
Foreign Affairs Committee: Flardania, Libraria and Ausitoria, Novo Wagondia, Conner, New Carloso, West Aurelia, Gigaverse, Erenifa
IFC-SACTO Committee: Conner, Devonta, Libraria and Ausitoria, Novo Wagondia, Flardania, West Aurelia, New Carloso

Ambassadors:
• Ambassador to SACTO: Conner
• Ambassador to CAPINTERN: West Aurelia

Ministry of Membership.

Ministers: Novo Wagondia, Lendol Archipelago, Feng.
Budget: c. $70 billion

Authorities:
Coalition Authority on Science, Technology, and Innovation
International Coalition Heritage and Conservation Authority
International Search and Rescue Authority

Ministry of Economics and Treasury.

Minister: Libraria and Ausitoria.
Deputy Ministers: Brytene, Erenifa.
Budget: c. $10 billion (operations)

Directors:
• Director of Infrastructure and Industry: Brytene
• Director of Trade and Finance: Erenifa

Affiliated Organizations:
International Coalition Heritage and Conservation Authority
International Free Trade Zone

Projects:
Storefronts and economic data compilation
Industrial connectivity discussions

Mr. Speaker:

I withdraw my Resolution 2.

I request the withdrawal of the mis-numbered Resolution 2 or 3 as superfluous, otherwise Nay.

Naturally I shall expect any government officials who oppose any of the major policies of my government to resign forthwith.

The Prince then spoke very loudly.

"I hereby move a motion of confidence in the acts and policies of my government in the past month in office.

And my government will resign if it is not passed.

Aye."

He swept out of the room again.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:35 am

Alexias smiled a brilliant smile as he made his way up to the podium.

"I am pleased to announce The Ausitorian Domestic and Economic (8th) IFC Summit will be starting on Monday the 17th - provided you haven't voted the government out by then. Topics to be discussed may include (in no particular order) possible Scientific Projects, Environmental Projects, Tourism, Heritage affairs, Fundraising and Sponsorship, Budgeting, Infrastructure connections, Tax, and Trade Zones. Note observers from trade-minded nations outside the IFC are also warmly invited to take part in discussions.

As part of preparations, my new Deputy Minister for Infrastructure and Industry Brytene will be compiling a directory of major imports and exports from nations to encourage trade and industrial liason between nations.

As part of that investigation, please do fill in the following form – until you get bored!

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][b]IFC Economics Survey[/b]
[i]Please fill in until you get bored.[/i][/align]

Name of Nation:
Region(s):
GDP per capita:
Population:
Major Imports:
Major Exports:
Major trading partners:
Exports+Imports as % of GDP (if known):
List of neighboring IFC members (if known):
Storefronts (if any):
IIwiki page/factbooks on nation's economic situation (or general factbook, if no special one):

Do you have any interest in (please check):
Trade [ ]
Tariff reductions [ ]
Taxation treaties [ ]
Visa arrangements [ ]
Common markets [ ]
Single markets [ ]
Unified markets [ ]
Exports [ ]
Import/Export quotas (if any):

Size of annual government spending (% of GDP):
At what range of tax rates (%) does your nation tax:
Capital gains:
Church:
Corporate:
Financial transactions:
Gift:
Income:
Inheritance:
Land value:
Payroll:
Poll:
Property:
Retention:
Transfer:
VAT:
Wealth:

Taxes on companies are made on the basis of:
Location of profits generated [ ]
Nominal location of headquarters [ ]
Effective location of management [ ]
Whether the company uses government services [ ]
Acceptance of transfer mispricing [ ]
Other (please specify):

% of GDP generated from tourism (if known):
% of GDP generated by tertiary/quarternary activities (if known):
% of GDP generated by secondary activities (if known):

[align=center]#IFCecon[/align][/box]

I have also been assured that The Feng Empire Defense and Foreign Affairs Security (7th) IFC Summit will start shortly. There is no shortage of topics for that either. Please apply there for a date."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:51 am

"I would like to vote AYE and to urge my fellow delegates to do the same."

After Alexias returned to the podium, Juunar began filling in the survey and made a note to write up a speech.

A short while later and the survey was complete as it was going to get.

IFC Economics Survey
Please fill in until you get bored.

Name of Nation: The Lendol Archipelago
Region(s): Hemithea
GDP per capita: NS$50,000
Population: 600,000,000
Major Imports: Potatoes, Steel, Electronics
Major Exports: Coffee, Chocolate, Energy, Wood
Major trading partners: Libraria and Ausitoria
Exports+Imports as % of GDP (if known): 61.5%
List of neighboring IFC members (if known): Libraria and Ausitoria
Storefronts (if any): N/A
IIwiki page/factbooks on nation's economic situation (or general factbook, if no special one): (OOC: Currently overhauling canon)

Trade [✓]
Tariff reductions [✓]
Taxation treaties [✓]
Visa arrangements [✓]
Common markets [✓]
Single markets []
Unified markets []
Exports [✓]
Import/Export quotas (if any): N/A

Tax rates are highly dependent on many factors (some being each other).

Location of profits generated [✓]
Nominal location of headquarters [✓]
Effective location of management [✓]
Whether the company uses government services [✓]
Acceptance of transfer mispricing [✓]
Other (please specify): Various incentives are offered to businesses that have tax benefits attached (e.g, a restaurant that gives spare ingredients to soup kitchens pays less)

% of GDP generated from tourism (if known): N/A
% of GDP generated by tertiary/quarternary activities (if known): N/A
% of GDP generated by secondary activities (if known): N/A

#IFCecon
Last edited by The Lendol Archipelago on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:31 pm

The Mizradian ambassador to the International Freedom Coalition, long away from his seat in the council room, finally re-enters the halls of the area after Mizrad had "gone dark" for quite a while. Ambassador Mark Gabriel and the other Mizradians quickly take note of the frustrated tone on the room decide to start things off by not taking either side over the edge. Gabriel speaks up as the others talking begins to die down.

"Hello everyone, glad to see things haven't changed much...."

He states almost sarcastically.

"I would like to first start off by saying Mizrad wishes to ABSTAIN on all new resolutions until we as a nation get reaqquainted with everything. It would be unwise to vote on a topics that we haven't read up on. I would also like to say that while we are aware of the new economic summit that the Democratic Republic of Mizrad will be pointing our attention towards the Seventh Summit as well as catching up on more general areas of the IFC. Like I said, we've been gone for a considerable amount of time and don't wish to go in blind on anything."

The ambassador from a small African nation then begins talking about her concerns for her own nation. Mark pays little attention as he starts to check up on everyone. That is until he hears the interest other nations hold in the woman's words. The ambassador's ears nearly perk up in listening to what she has to say. He gathers that her country, Nkobangou, is running into issues with communist guerillas in the south. Communist insurgents? International attention? Maybe I could use this....

"Ambassador Aliki-Mali, correct? I don't believe we have met yet. I am Ambassador Mark Gabriel from the Democratic Republic of Mizrad. As a proud member and leader of admissions in the IFC I feel it would be almost treasonous to not assist a new member of this fine organization in times of need. Please do continue in describing the issues that you face and what we may do to assist you."

Mark states before turning to his assistant and speaking in a quieter tone.

"Get somebody in New Boston on the phone and tell them to prepare for some image building and counter insurgency. Mizrad is back."
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 pm

The Shazbotdom Ambassador waited for the Lendolian Delicate to finish before he walked up to the podium to address the council.
"As the Naval Commander in Chief of the IFC, it is my job to ensure that the IFC is ready for anything in regards to operations that would need either Naval support, or the user of Naval vessels for the transportation of Ground forces."
"With that, I was given a $15 Billion Budget to work with. We are glad that several IFC member nations are assisting in creating some Naval vessels for this purpose, but we feel that this should be supplemented with Naval vessels that are too be purchased from a trusted storefront."
"The Empire is also willing to supplement the budget given to us with roughly $450 Billion from the treasuries of the Shazbotdom Budget Surplus. It is our hope that the alliance will have Naval forces that can assist in the protection of all of our members states within the next 5 months."
He then walked back to his seat and sat down.

EDIT:
Changed supplemental number.
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Ambassador de Vertrun simply sat back and smiled as the Brystic ambassador pulled out a picture and used it to try and somehow prove their point that the Inyurstans were "saboteurs" for daring to challenge the authority of the Prime Minister. If all they had was a propaganda poster drawn up during the Aravean Conflict which any fifteen-year old could have found with access to Google Images and five minutes of browsing - not to mention one that had been brought up, explained and dismissed before - it clearly gave the solid impression they were grasping at straws.
The fact the Brytons weren't present during said conflict, and had also quit the IFC and just suddenly rejoined for suspicious reasons wouldn't help her case that the Inyurstans were the "saboteurs" or "trying to control the IFC" as she claimed...

She stood up once to announce the Inyurstan delegation's position on the issues.
"We hereby vote AYE on Resolution 3 and ABSTAIN on the motion of confidence regarding to the status of the Prime Minister's government"
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:50 pm

The Shazbotdom Ambassador once again got up and walked ot the front of the room, standing at the podium, he looked around the room to address the assembled Delegations. This time he nodded at his 6 staff members, of whom walked around the room and handed out papers to all the delegates as quickly as they could. He then cleared his throat, tapped the microphone to ensure that it was working properly, and then began addressing the delegation.
"While my staff members are busy handing out the following paperwork, let me re-introduce myself until they are done. I am Timmothy Moorston, the Shazbotdom Ambassador to the International Freedom Coalition. I have served within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the better part of twenty years and have been an ambassador to one alliance prior to the IFC. I served as the Ambassador to the Commonwealth of Independent Nations roughly 12 years ago under the administration of Emperor George A. Loak, back when the position of the current Supreme Emperor was an elected position. My position is to be the eyes and ears of Larry Williams here. I report directly to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, a Mr. Kennith G. Terrance."
He glanced to see that his staff was done circulating the handout to the membership. Continuing, "Today, I am once again come before you as your CIC of the Navy. Before I gave my first speech all but 5 minutes ago, I had my staff begin the work of putting together a proposed order to help bolster the newly designed Navy. What I am suggesting here will be in addition to the ships designed by the membership of the IFC and is in no way in an attempt to make it so that no one designs and submits any ship for use within the Navy. The following handout is for pricing information from Halcyon Arms, operated within the nation of Pharthan."
"The total bill, with the purchase of starter items as well as buying the Domestic Production Rights, comes out to roughly $469.9922 Billion. This money, as stated before, will be from the $15 Billion budget that was appropriated to myself by this Council, as well as $450 Billion that the Empire has generously told me that we can use as a supplement to the money provided by the IFC. This excess money is not a loan by any means, but a donation by the Empire for use to provide the IFC with a navy. I submit this proposal for vetting within this council chamber."
He stands there for a while, waiting to see if anyone has any objections and/or suggestions.

PURCHASE
ITEMShip TypePrice Per ShipNumberDPR PriceTOTAL COST
Ragnarok-class Fast Combat Re-supply Ship, Submarine Tender1,800,000,000380,000,000,00085,400,000,000
Falchion-classCorvette600,000,00036,000,000,0007,800,000,000
Crusader-classHelecopter Destroyer3,100,000,000348,000,000,00057,300,000,000
Heroic-classAmphibious Assault Carrier - LHD3,900,000,000364,000,000,00075,700,000,000
Gallant-classFleet Carrier - CVN (Coal-Powered STOBAR Variant)1,900,000,000464,000,000,00071,600,000,000
Sabre-classLitorrial Frigate850,000,00038,500,000,00011,050,000,000
C-50A HermesCarrier Onboard Delivery, Medium Cargo Aircraft65,000,0002545,000,000,00046,625,000,000
V-24 Swift FoxMultirole Tilt-Rotor61,500,0002025,000,000,00026,230,000,000
UH-24 FoxMultirole Utility Helecopter23,200,0002115,000,000,00015,487,200,000
AH-24 FennecAttack Helecopter32,000,0002530,000,000,00030,800,000,000
AH-24b FennechawkCompound Attack Helecopter40,000,0002536,000,000,00037,000,000,000

BUDGET: 465,000,000,000
TOTAL SALE: 464,992,200,000
EXCESS: 7,800,000
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

New Chilokver
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Chilokver » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:18 am

IFC Council
Musrum, Bratislav
Ian Whiteway

He was, he had to admit, slack. Not only had he forgotten to set his alarm for the next day's session, he had also completed neglected to wear the appropriate uniform as Speaker. Then again, he wasn't exactly feeling very sorry- the wig was supremely itchy on his scalp. So instead of formal robes and a staff, he walked into the chambers armed and armoured with a laser pointer and smart grey suit.

Pitiful protection that was from the mass of snarling delegates inside.

As he walked in through the double oak doors, a Shazbotdom member of staff handed him a piece of paper. Whiteway crisply folded it in half and pocketed it for later reading, before making his way to the allocated position of his new post as Speaker.

"Sincere apologies ladies and gentlemen- I was unfortunately held up by other administrative matters, though I see that Prime Minister Kazpia has done perfectly well in my absence." He smiled wanly and bowed, partially in apology and partially to escape the piercing stares coming his way.

"With enough time wasted, I would like to move onto the current votes in process. In regards to General Nile's proposal, as much as I respect the effort put in and your sentiment in ending this squable, I believe that significant changes are needed. Legislation are longstanding guidelines for this distinguished organisation, not simple argument solvers. This current dispute has been greatly heated to the controversial use of Prime Ministerial expulsion powers in regards to the Aestorian Commonwealth of Ausitoria and the Republic of Inyursta however, and so until a revised version is submitted we shall abstain. The vote now stands at", Whiteway clicked the pointer, and the screen behind him turned on.

Resolution 3:

1 Ayes
2 Nays
2 Abstention
Last edited by New Chilokver on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

About User
Hong Kong-Australian Male
Pro: Yeah
Neutral: Meh
Con: Nah
| [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] |
[HOI I - Peacetime conditions]
Head of Government: President Sohum Jain
Population: 195.10 million
GDP (nominal): $6.39 trillion
Military personnel: 523.5k
IIWiki
| There is no news. |
Other Stuff
Lingria wrote:Just realized I'm better at roleplaying then talking to another human being.
Fck.
WARNING: This nation represents my RL views.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:24 am

When the Aravean delegation made no comment, Alexias rose.

"Your Shazite excellency, Your Mizradian excellency, thank you very much for your comments. Since some members have insisted upon turning a trivial matter into a crisis of confidence, which regretfully detracts attention from all the excellent work that is going on, I hope you will not consider it amiss of me to confine myself to remarking that your comments are an excellent basis for discussion at the 7th Security Summit.

If the Council is not going to support their Prime Minister, I shall have no alternative but to resign and bring down the government, and call another election. I need a working majority of at least three.

Mr. Speaker, since only a very definite resolution will bring this crisis back under control, I must demand priority for the following act of legislation, and that the result be called by the end of the 19th. This mess has gone on for quite long enough.

The Aestorian Commonwealth
His Grace Alexias Stella

Special Authorization and Crisis Jurisprudence Act

[Resolution Number: 4]

MOST PRESSING AND URGENT:
NO AMENDMENTS PERMITTED
[AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWAL AND RE-PROPOSAL AT HIGHER RESOLUTION NUMBER IN EFFECT]

Recalling Subsection 2, Section 2, of the Administrative Act, which confirms the legislative supremacy of the Council,

Desirous of avoiding the imminent collapse of the government,

Recalling Clause 4, Subsection 1, Section 3 of the Administrative Act, which 'Permits the Cabinet and any appointed Executive Ministers, under the direction of the Prime Minister, to otherwise interpret Council Resolutions and to take any measures not contrary to Council Resolutions that such empowered persons may consider necessary and proper for carrying out the delineated tasks of government, without waiting for the Council to discuss such matters',

Accepting that the delineated tasks of government include ensuring an effective alliance,

Also desirous of avoiding similar drawn-out crises in future,

Temporarily setting aside the question of whether Inyursta should have been expelled or not,

The Council hereby:

Section 1: Special Authorization

1. Accepts the argument that the expulsion of Inyursta was legally ordered within the remit of Clause 4, Subsection 1, Section 3.
2. Directs the Speaker to expel the Inyursta delegation by the 24th.

Section 2: Crisis Jurisprudence

Directs the Speaker and the Prime Minister, (a) when there is dispute over the legality of an action of the government and when either consider it proper, or (b) if at least five Council members request it, or (c) if a motion is passed requesting it, to formally consider the legality of the action and to promptly present their joint or distinct opinions to the Council for vote.

Signed,

[His Grace Alexias Stella, The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria]

In the event of this resolution being denied priority, or in event of its failure, I must formally request a dissolution of the government and new elections on the 24th.

This resolution may not be ammended: if anyone attempts it, my standing order is that my delegation has automatically withdrawn it and re-proposed it unmodified.

In the event that this resolution passes and members think that Inyursta should not have been expelled, they are very welcome to censure the government in a separate motion."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Brytene
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brytene » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:39 am

Koyuki had forwarded the economic form to the Brytisc Rede, where no doubt some grey-suited men and women were taking their time in filling it out even now.

As the Prime Minister proposed his SA-CJA (Resolution #4), she nodded in satisfaction, speaking up simply to say:
"We whole-heartedly support the Prime Minister, and believe that thus far his actions have been entirely appropriate and that his leadership of the IFC has been, despite opposition, a positive and revitalising influence on the organisation. We vote AYE on this Resolution. The Brytisc government also approves of the naval budget as proposed by the representative from Shazbotdom, and Brytene would be willing to assign Fleet personnel to assist further in this project."

IFC Economics Survey
Please fill in until you get bored.

Name of Nation: Brytene
Region(s): Atlas
GDP per capita: NSD$46,896 (PPP)
Population: 60,593,334
Major Imports: Fruit, vegetables, electronics, vehicles
Major Exports: Small arms, alcohols, maple syrup, lumber
Major trading partners: See here for more
Exports+Imports as % of GDP (if known):
List of neighboring IFC members (if known):
Storefronts (if any): Goldwing Finance
IIwiki page/factbooks on nation's economic situation: Confederacy of Brytene

Trade [X]
Tariff reductions [X]
Taxation treaties [X]
Visa arrangements [X]
Common markets [X]
Single markets [ ]
Unified markets [ ]
Exports [X]
Import/Export quotas (if any):

Size of annual government spending: 47% of GDP
Capital gains: 10-15%
Church: None
Corporate: 20%
Income: 5%
VAT: 35%

Location of profits generated [X]
Nominal location of headquarters [ ]
Effective location of management [ ]
Whether the company uses government services [ ]
Acceptance of transfer mispricing [ ]
Other (please specify):

% of GDP generated from tourism (if known): Roughly 4%
% of GDP generated by tertiary/quarternary activities (if known): Roughly 45%
% of GDP generated by secondary activities (if known): Roughly 30% (remainder primary industries or other)

#IFCecon
Brytene is: centrist, pagan, democratic, free-market
Imperalizt Russia wrote:Being on fire will affect shot placement

Socialist Mercanda wrote:Incumbent Blessed Brytene, who is rumoured to be one of the many lovechildren made by Amin and his 69,420,666 wives has retired and we thank him for his glorious service to this region! Glory!

Imperial Nalydya wrote:Spent too much damn time with the nations of Laptev. The old professionals...
The Obi-Wan of New Atlas
My IIwiki is no longer 100% canon
pls contain your salt

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:42 pm

"We, too, would like to vote AYE," Juunar said simply.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:46 pm

"Mizrad votes AYE to Resolution #4."
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:14 pm

"Ontorisa will vote AYE for Resolution 3 and ABSTAIN for Resolution 4"

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:56 pm

"In order to protect the democratic values of this organization from possible abuse, and as representative of the Federal Union of Guadalupador, I hereby vote AYE for Resolution 3. I will also vote NAY for Resolution 4. I do not believe that the power of the Council should be curtailed in favor of a centralized head, with its own interests at mind. This is a multi-national organization, with multiple points of view. We must respect one another." Myra spoke out. He looked around at the chamber, and gave a nod toward the Inyurstan council member.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Aravea
Senator

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 pm

"After weighing the merits of both resolutions in light of recent events...The Aravean Imperium hereby votes Aye for Resolution 3 and Nay for Resolution 4. The reasons we have made this decision are similar to those expressed by the Dorian and Feng delegations, as we feel that Resolution 4 in its current form concentrates far too much power in the hands of a central head. While Aravea understands and lauds the Ausitorian delegation for its noble attempts at seeking to preserve the integrity of the alliance, we cannot endorse any attempt to provide stable governance that comes at the expense of the liberty of individual member states.Resolution 4 as it stands provides simply far too much potential for abuse on the part of any goverment official, which thus makes it anathema for Aravea to even consider supporting. Again to reiterate our issues lie not with the current government of IFC, but rather with the inherent problems of the resolution."
Last edited by Aravea on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Proud Deputy Speaker of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
★★★Proud Intelligence Minister of the United Monarchist Alliance★★★
Note: Currently in the process of overhauling the Aravean factbooks/canon.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:11 pm

"AYE on Resolution 3 and Nay on Resolution 4, as we believe that our concerns have already been addressed by Res. 3's proposals."
Last edited by Organized States on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:39 am

"The Taisuist Republic of Kirishima votes AYE on resolution 3 and Abstains on resolution 4 citing things do not have to "live or die" on resolution 4."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Greater Carloso
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Greater Carloso » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:59 am

"In line with with our obligations to this alliance and on the instruction of the central government in New Carlingford, the Carlossian Federal Republic votes Aye to Resolution 3 and Aye to Resolution 4."
Last edited by Greater Carloso on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF CARLOSO
"Nation, sovereignty, unity"
SACTO SUPREME | 3rd place in Baptism of Fire 68 | RTC NEWS
MT (2024)

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:09 am

"West Aurelia votes AYE to Resolution 3 and NAY to Resolution 4. As the ambassador to CAPINTERN and a member of the Cabinet, I do not believe the prime minister should have the authority to unilaterally dismiss a member state, regardless of said state's actions. I believe that such a radical move should require a vote in the Council, where it can be debated and challenged by all members of the coalition."
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:00 am

With Resolution 4 on the wire, but increasingly confident of victory, Alexias wearily rose.

"Regarding Resolution 3, we do not object to the principle that in general the Council should have the authority to dismiss member states, provided that there is an emergency procedure whereby a group of government ministers can approve the decision. The Council can object to everything the Prime Minister does - as the last week should have made clear.

There appears to be some misunderstanding regarding Resolution 4: resolution 4 is the vote on Inyursta's expulsion and incidentally also a mechanism for enabling the speedy resolution of any future crises of interpretation - which works in addition to the Judicial-style Council Courts, which the Council can pass normally. The passage of resolution 4 does not decide whether the government should be able to dismiss a member state in the future. Resolution 4 is more a vote on the past than on the future.

If Resolution 4 is not passed, I will have no option but to resign, so I urge those voting against to switch their vote to abstain to allow the government to continue. I have no wish to be a Prime Minister if the Council will not allow me to carry out my government's policies.

At present I am pleased to say that our Speaker is preparing a compromise version of Resolution 3."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 am

"So then what happens if the vote to eject us occurs with mostly abstentions? " Melissa spoke up.
"I mean since you have effectively tied what should be a simple vote into a referendum on your own government - which I will attest myself has brought life and vigor to the IFC - it would be nice to know what rules we are supposed to be playing by and which goals we are aiming for?" She sat back down.
Leave it to the Ausitorians to make everything more complicated and dramatic than it should be...

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:58 am

"It's really very simple," said Alexias, hoping it was no longer dramatic or complicated. "A majority decision, however it may be reached by members-in-Council, is law.

That is what it means to be a democracy with legislative supremacy. The IFC is run by its members. And that is why I shall resign my government if the Council is going to reject government policy."

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:18 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:"It's really very simple," said Alexias, hoping it was no longer dramatic or complicated. "A majority decision, however it may be reached by members-in-Council, is law.

That is what it means to be a democracy with legislative supremacy. The IFC is run by its members. And that is why I shall resign my government if the Council is going to reject government policy."

Junko rubbed her temples yet again. "Stella-san, tell me....do you know of any democracy that can function when a government steps down to a disagreement of a single policy. Sir you have been doing a good job of late and you have brought renewed vigor to this alliance, however regardless of whether Resolution 4 passes or not, to hold this alliance hostage and coordinate the situation of choosing between two nations is deplorable. I am appalled that because you can not have exactly what you want in this instance that you would threaten to disorder this alliance via reset, what will this mean for future issues. If something later on comes up what is the precedent to stop you from using the threat of resignation as a bargaining chip. I fear that my words are falling on deaf ears and quite redundant but I sincerely urge that the stability of the IFC government not be toyed with."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:42 am

"Stability! Because of Ausitoria's resolutions, and Ausitoria's appointment of a very capable speaker and ensuring no less than two deputy speakers, the IFC is entirely stable. The only question is whether the Council wants Ausitoria to lead it, and that is your choice not mine.

As for exactly what Ausitoria wants, we don't want Resolution 3 in any shape or form. However, we are prepared to compromise. Chilokver is preparing it as we speak.

And yes, I do know of democracies that can function when a government steps down over a disagreement on a single policy. Indeed it is quite common for governments to fall if they cannot get a budget passed or something similar. A question like expelling a constituent part of the alliance is probably not too dissimilar to the importance of a budget.

I am aware that these systems have a number of criticisms, but this Council decided it wanted power to rest with the Council (the only sensible democratic system of alliance) and then it decided it wanted the Prime Minister to be able to exercise almost unfettered power (the only effective system of government) subject to the confidence of the Council (the only way to avoid a minority dictatorship). It does however means that if I cannot have a majority, I will resign, just as happens in those other countries."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates