NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Ambassador Junko Yamada stood up and brushed her her hair out of her face. "In all my days of being a delegate in the IFC council this is probably the most childish thing I have ever seen. What the delegate from Elesar Wherever that is anyway Junko muttered under her breath. " has suggested is actually more detrimental to the stability of the alliance than whatever baseless claims you have made. in fact if you would like to abstain in protest to a democratically elected official, maybe you should always abstain from votes indefinitely ."

"In other news Kirishima would like to wait a little more before voting. Arrigato gozaimasu!"
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Aravea
Senator

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Elesar wrote:Elesar abstains from voting on resolution 101, and furthermore refuses to vote on any resolutions until the SACTO leadership is removed.

Arcturus couldn't help but sigh in frustration over the impudence of the Elesarian delegate. To decieve one's fellow delegates about another member's rank in alliance was bad enough in his mind, but to allow a grudge to interefere in politics was even worse. Slamming his fist down upon the table, Arcturus let out a howling cry " I would like to inform the Elesarian delegtae and the other members of this council that the Organized States is not one of the leaders of the Santiago Cooperation Treaty Organization. Rather the aforementioned nation is an ordinary member who has no significant connections to the leadership.Also..." Nile turned his attention in the direction of the Elesarian delegate,"May I suggest in the future that you do not allow petty grudges to determine your behavior in this council. Moght I remind you that the Prime Minister was democratically elected by a majority of the nations within this noble council and ai can assure you that he is not cooperating with SACTO on matters related to the IFC. Now if we can return to the matter at hand, of Resolution 101" The Aravean speaker paused for one moment to clear his throat as well as eye his fellow members of the council "Fellow council members, I appreciate you using this chamber as a forum for civil debate, but I ask that you keep the debate relevant to the resolution or the matters at hand rather than resorting to ad hominem attacks or engaging in pointless prattle about non-IFC matters, which at this juncture includes SACTO."
Proud Deputy Speaker of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
★★★Proud Intelligence Minister of the United Monarchist Alliance★★★
Note: Currently in the process of overhauling the Aravean factbooks/canon.

Torrumbarry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrumbarry » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 pm

IFC COUNCIL HEADQUARTERS - Bratislav

Pyke groaned. Such disputes were both counterproductive and counterintuitive, and were painful to watch. "The Organised States, like every other IFC member nation, is entitled to membership of separate international organisations. I fail to see why this privilege should be rendered null upon coming into office. Your delegation may disapprove, but I'm afraid that is the extent of your say in the matter."
BUSY IRL - UNABLE TO POST

President: Rt. Hon. Lance Hemingway
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Rt. Hon. Abigail Thorpe
Constitutional King: His Eminence Edmund VII of House Adelaide
Population: RENOVATING-HARD HAT ZONE

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:49 pm

"Ladies and gentlemen, please, stop repeating what everyone else is saying: Organized States is not a member of the SACTO leadership. We all know this since it has been stated at least 5 times, myself included. Saying the same statement by tons of different delegates will NOT get the job done. Let's stop worrying about what a member has said, and focus on the topic at hand, Resolution 101."
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 pm

"I do believe that we should not forget about resolution 100 that was put forth by the PM, it seems we are debating 101 while ignoring 100 In my opinion" Junko stated simply

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Elesar wrote:Elesar abstains from voting on resolution 101, and furthermore refuses to vote on any resolutions until the SACTO leadership is removed.

The Inyurstan delgation laughed to itself when it's counter-part from Elesar made a foolish and self-defeating statement such as the above.

"We officially support the motion by Elesar to boycott voting on any issue unless the democratically-elected Prime Minister seat is stripped from the Organized States. We feel that if they don't want to vote on any resolutions then they should not be forced to.
Thank you.
"

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:22 am

After gathering his thoughts and deciding on what to say, Juunar Tarke, ambassador of The Lendol Archipelago, arose and cleared his throat.
"I would like to show my allegiance to Alexias Stella. I truly believe that he has the IFC's best interests at heart and it is with regret that I didn't get the chance to vote him into power" Tarke said, with a vague look of disappointment marking his face. "Of course, the Prime Minister does, too. But I have a great fear for the road he is threatening to bring us down. I am very much in favour of the military reforms. But we simply can't become a military alliance. As my Ausitorian counterpart has pointed out, we are more than a military alliance, why lower ourselves from where we are? There will be many people blaming the lack of activity within the IFC pertaining to aid and military crises on the poor state of our military forces. I agree. It is part of the problem. But we aren't as respectable as we once were. We must make ourselves a friendlier alliance that symbolises structure and strength, then we will be depended upon as the first port of call for aid. Do we really want to reduce ourselves to a wholly military alliance and make ourselves as respectable as, say, SACTO?" With this, he sat down, allowing himself a wry smile.
Last edited by The Lendol Archipelago on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 am

After Alexias had left, he eventually returned.

"It regrettably seems to be evident that once again certain foreign enemies are conspiring against Ausitoria, fighting on personalities not issues, again trying to portray us as power-hungry. They have this fixed idea in their minds that they are always right, and since Ausitoria has occasionally opposed them, Ausitoria is always wrong.

I should note that our Prime Minister is not one of those enemies. Indeed SACTO in general is perfectly reputable and some of its members are close Ausitorian allies. Those of us who want the IFC to be more than a harbinger of military death and destruction should realize that having diversity in our members and affiliations is good.

As for majority politics, there is a very good reason why majorities should listen to minorities, as I have previously made abundantly clear. For those of you that have paid attention to me earlier, you may fall asleep for thirty seconds. I quote:

When a group of equal members has a division of opinion, any decision will annoy some members. Rule by majority is the least bad option as fewer members will be annoyed. The minority can always leave, but members will align with other members on different issues, and those in the majority may find themselves in the minority next time, and thus in practice the members in a majority should always support defending at least some of the rights of the minority. Even those who are always in the majority, as kingmakers, may need to support the minority so that they have former minority support as majority support in other issues.

So, with that in mind, Prime Minister, I wonder whether you would be so kind as to give a straight answer to a straight question: will you let the IFC be more than a military organization?

And for God's sake Joâchkim vijk Wüchshöwdeberg," Alexias spluttered, "just because we want the IFC to be more than a military organization does not mean we can't improve our military organization. Your proposal is commendable and will have our full support. AYE-101."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:05 am

Rising once again, Tarke says "I, too, would like to vote in favour of Resolution 101".
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 am

Eben Davies did not have much time for debate on the subject of reforms within in the governance of the International Freedom Coalition though it pleased him that the new Prime Minister was taking such a stalwart approach on the issue of strengthening the military capabilities of the alliance. Surprisingly, he was in full support of the Inyuristan delegates strong rebuking of the Ausitorian representative, concluding after a drawn out review of consciousness that they were simply trying to hold the organisation back for their own personal gains. Likewise, the delegation from the Lendol Archipelago would try and back them up as strongly as possible, and continue to pat each other on the back for doing so.

He couldn't help but release a suppressed chuckle when the dissident representative from Elesar spoke up in defiance of the Prime Minister, though decided not to comment further on the matter.

With his mind made up, he rose from his seat and announced the Carlossian vote.

"We have decided that the Federal Republic of Carloso votes in favour of Resolution 101, proposed by the esteemed delegate from Krjder. We also vote in favour of Resolution 100, though with the amendments proposed by the Ausitorians. Thank you."
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:22 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:So, with that in mind, Prime Minister, I wonder whether you would be so kind as to give a straight answer to a straight question: will you let the IFC be more than a military organization?

Ignoring the rest of the Ausitorian delegate's speech.

Hayworth rose and recognized the Gentleman from Ausitoria, "My dearest friend and colleague, of course it can be more than simply a Military alliance, but it is what we are. I would personally be in favor of an IFC brokered deal with several of our members who have large defense contractors, such as the OS's own Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Grumman, Northrop, and North American Aerospace working with those of other IFC members as Ebonheart from Carloso. There will certainly be trade involved with IFC, but however, I do believe that it should become more applicable for more members within a new reorganization, which is why I believed that the Military R&D committees and advisory groups were needed. Additionally, we will be operating with Civil Support functions with the creation of the IFC Civil Support Command, which is next on my legislative agenda, which would integrate the Blue Cross into the RRF's chain of command. On another note, I'd like to thank you for your legislative assistance to the new bill. Additionally, the OS delegation votes aye on 101."
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Ambassador Moorston walks back into the chambers, after listening to what has transpired via the speakers in the hallway, while was at the coffee machine getting a refill on his drink, "The Shazbotdom Empire hereby votes Aye on Resolution 101, and will support Resolution 100 if, as has been stated by the Carlosian Ambassador, it includes the amendments as suggested by the Austorian Ambassador."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:00 pm

César Emilio of Wagondia votes Aye for Resolution 101 and Abstains on Resolution 100
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:35 pm

"After careful consideration, and a few conversations with several government officials, the New Roma Republic will vote NAY on Resolution 100, and will ABSTAIN from Resolution 101. Thank you."
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Melissa de Vertrun spoke up again, unphased by the desperate yet self-righteous rhetoric of the Ausitorian delegation.

"I implore the council to ignore the ad hominem attacks by the Ausitorian delegation which seek to label anyone who disagrees with their agenda as "enemy" and part of some grand conspiracy to oppose them for reasons left unsaid.

Instead of any meaningful reason why reforms proposed by the Prime Minister are inherently negative, they have merely given us a half-assed slippery slope argument - which I feel a highly educated group such as yourselves would recognize as one of the most common logical fallacies - and in defense of their slippery slope arguement they have only given us a repetitive speech about protecting the rights of the minority all the while they have still failed to actually prove how the Prime Minister's propsed reforms would somehow hurt the rights of the minority.
They have stated nothing of substance, save the legislative comments, rather a mess of empty rhetoric and and circular logic...

That being said on behalf of La Republiqua D'Inyursta vote AYE on Resolution 100 and ABSTAIN from Resolution 101.
"

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:30 pm

The Constitutional Empire of Wagondia
César Emilio

A re-affirmation of the March 2nd Compromise

Resolution Number: 102

Dismayed with the current state of relations between members of the IFC, and the almost uncontrollable extent of the recurring argument between supporters and opponents of a military-only alliance,

Yet recognizing that efforts of previous administrations to rectify this issue have led to peace agreements before, and that these agreements have simply been forgotten by the majority of the membership,

This alliance moves to re-affirm the earlier March 2nd compromise between the factions, then universally supported by both the cabinet and the general membership, outlined as follows:

"The official stance of the government... states that the military aspect (mutual defense) will remain mandatory, and the other organs (non-military bureaucracy) would be optional, only having jurisdiction over those who choose to participate. Hopefully, this will mean that both sides get their way without getting in the way of the other. The IFC does not lose sight of it's sacred defensive mission, we remain united, and there are still organs to expand the spectrum of common good beyond the military."

This delegate believes that re-affirming this agreement with an aye vote will satisfy the needs and secure the rights of both parties once and for all as well as finally allow the Prime Minister to move beyond this needless conflict and focus on more pressing matters of government.

Signed,

César Emilio, The Constitutional Empire of Novo Wagondia
Last edited by Novo Wagondia on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Carroll had been sitting back, face in her hands, as the IFC representatives went around the room hurling insults at each other. She had a hard time not falling into her old role, and calling for some order to the madness. Instead she tried to find some inner peace and block out the fighting around her. When Mr. Emilio spoke, putting forth Resolution 102 to reaffirm the March 2nd compromise, she wanted to run up and hug him. Finally, someone who had their head on right! She stood, barely waiting to be acknowledged.

"Mr. Emilio, I'd like to thank you for calling forth our attention to our own legislation, and importance on reaffirming our stance on the components of this alliance. For my part as a former leader of this body, and as a voice of support for Mr. Hayworth's resolution, I'd like to be the first to vote in favour of upholding the March 2nd Compromise. I vote AYE for Resolution 102, along with AYE for Resolution 100, but Abstain from Resolution 101. I would like to call upon Archduke Stella in voting in favour of Resolution 102, showing our solidarity and acceptance of this agreement."

Carroll glanced over towards Archduke Stella, before sitting down.
Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Junko put down her phone after discussing things with the capital.

"The Taisuist Republic of Kirishima votes AYE in favor of Resolution 100 and Resolution 102 backed by the confidence of Kasuga-sama and the National Assembly. However we will wait before coming to a decision on resolution 101.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:14 am

"While we happily vote AYE for Resolution 102, it is insufficient and indeed redundant if there will not actually be any optional non-military organizations left. It is all very well (and commendable) to put something onto paper, but paper is hardly fact enough in such strange times as these.

As for the brash in-your-face delegation, if you could possibly start to consider the issues objectively, and stop parroting such idiocy, we might get somewhere. Anywhere, really. So far you have contributed only bad-feeling to this important debate, and I can hardly stand your delegation's bleating nonsense any more. You seem to be attempting to provoke the Ausitorian establishment into losing their temper: and you are succeeding.

I will not have to suffer long, as I have an ultimatum to deliver: either the Prime Minister can agree that the IFC will remain, in substantial part, an organization properly focused on non-military matters, or Ausitoria will conclude that the IFC has become too interested in killing people in the name of a new 'military focus', and insufficiently involved in the mechanisms of peace, prosperity, and goodwill; and we will adjust our diplomatic network accordingly, to support the erection of an organization with a properly broad and diverse scope, using all the multiple organs that have served the IFC so well.

In all fairness, from Ausitoria's standpoint, most of the IFC has always been too interested in killing people, but previously we were also significantly interested in doing other things too. There has been an unfortunate shift in the past few months away from a multi-faceted alliance, but hitherto Aigeantir was always willing to exercise a moderating influence. I do hope our new Prime Minister will take heed - the IFC has always required compromises to function, since we have always all had such different ideas.

Anyway, we will reach our conclusion either way in 24 hours, on the basis of the Prime Minister's reply, unless of course there are sufficient signs of support for our position for the Prime Minister's statement to be unnecessary. Those of us who do not only want to kill people do not need to be part of an IFC which is so short-sighted as to focus on the military to the exclusion of everything else."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:00 am

"We will also vote AYE for Resolution 102. We are glad to see someone else is interested in furthering the freedom section of the IFC rather than it's appetite for destruction. We would like to announce that we will stand with our Ausitorian allies if we feel the need to start anew. We hope that our newly elected Prime Minister will make the right decision."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:21 am

Orphius Logus was getting tired of all this squabbling about the new PM trying to divert them off their path. You guys voted him in, you have no right to complain he thought, annoyed. If anyone has a right, it's me! I voted for the other guy. *sigh* whatever. He stood up and called out "I, with the backing of the New Roman Senate, vote AYE on Resolution 102."

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Mr. Speaker, on a matter of purely parliamentary procedure, there have been 3 opinions in favour of the Ausitorian amendments to Resolution 100. May we move a formal vote to shift to such (Resolution 100a) before everybody votes on Resolution 100 as it stands? Resolution 100a would read as follows:

The Organized States of America
Nathan Hayworth

Amended by The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
His Grace Alexias Stella

Reform Act of 2015

[Resolution Number: 100a]

Seeing as how the International Freedom Coalition is first and foremost a Military Organization, reform is drastically required to streamline a intergovernmental organization that has grown to big for itself to function properly and fulfill its own role. Thusly, I propose, for the council's consideration, the new governmental structure and the appointed members for new said structure.

I) REFORMS TO THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH

This proposal repeals Sections 4, 5, and 6 of Resolution 55, Section 2 of Resolution 51, Section 1 Clause 5 of Resolution 75, and Part 3 Section 3 Subsection 3 and Part 2 of Resolution 66 in favor of a new Executive System, which calls for the merger of the Office of the Secretary General and the Office of the Prime Minister. Two "Chief" Executive System doesn't suit the alliance, as shown previously in which constitutional crises have arisen because of the blurred line between Ceremonial and Functional Role of the Secretary General. Thusly, this new system is designed to ensure the stability of the Executive and avoid future crises, which is as follows:
a) The Merger of the roles of the Prime Minister and the Secretary General into the new executive, which will be titled as the Secretary General.
b) This Merger is designed to introduce a more flexible Chief Executive in providing a check to the Council and during wartime, in which a more flexible Executive can be capable of choosing or removing the Commander of what will be potentially be the frontline force (the Rapid Reaction Force) for the IFC in such an event.

II) REFORMS TO THE COUNCIL AND THE COMMITTEE STRUCTURE

This section recognizes the important role that the Committee Structure plays within IFC's governance, however, as we are a Military organization, requests for the dissolution or merger of committees which do not play a significant role within a Military Organization and establishes committees more relevant to the organization's intended role and mission.

a) The creation of the Foreign Affairs and Diplomacy Committee, a committee which will propose guidelines (for council vote) as to manage and regulate Diplomatic Partnerships with other Organizations, Independent Partners, and Observer Members.
b) The dissolution of the Economics Committee and the creation of a Public Affairs and Civil Support Committee which will propose guidelines (for council vote) as to manage and regulate the Blue Cross and other forms of Civil Support, IFC-backed Economic Programs, and The Rules of Engagement within theater level environments.
c) The Defense Committee will be expanded to include multiple subcommittees to include the following:
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Aerospace Operations, Research, and Development (Finds shortfalls within IFC Tactical and Strategic Level Airpower, recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Naval Operations, Research, and Development (Finds shortfalls within IFC Seapower capabilities, including Naval Aviation, Surface Vessels, Submarines, and Amphibious Assault Forces and recommends methods, regulations and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Ground Operations, Research, and Development (Finds shortfalls within IFC Ground Force capabilities and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Logistics and Standards (Finds shortfalls within IFC RRF and Civil Support Command Logistics and Procedural Standards and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Cyber and Electronic Warfare (Finds shortfalls and vulnerablities within IFC Electronic Warfare and Cyber Warfare capabilities and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
d) Authorizes the continued operations of the reform committee.

III) RENAMING OF THE DEFENSE MINISTER TO SUPREME ALLIED COMMANDER
This proposal renames the Defense Minister to the Supreme Allied Commander.

IV) ESTABLISHMENT OF A CONTINENTAL STAFF SYSTEM UNDER THE SUPREME ALLIED COMMANDER
This proposal authorizes the creation of a Continental or General Staff System under the Supreme Allied Commander.

V) RECOGNIZES THE ROLE OF THE SPEAKER

This proposal recognizes the role of a neutral speaker on the Council.

Signed,

[Nathan Hayworth, Organized States of America]

And on a second matter of parliamentary procedure, could the Prime Minister please as a general rule refrain from unilaterally modifying the text that the Council is trying to vote on after people have already voted on it? If that was perpetuated, a less honourable Prime Minister could easily slip in a clause into a popular resolution giving them greater power after already receiving several 'votes' in favour, complicating the question of whether the members-in-Council have actually approved the unilaterally modified version.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:02 pm

"We vote AYE regarding Resolution's #100, #100a and #102. We ABSTAIN from Resolution #101."
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:42 pm

We vote AYE on resolutions #100, #100 and #102.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:09 pm

"Yes, yes. The Federal Republic of Carloso reaffirms its support for Resolution 100a and votes aye in favour of Resolution 102."
Last edited by New Carloso on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates