NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:43 pm

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I officially vote for: ORGANIZED STATES
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL RND 2: NYR 1 - 0 CAR | VAN 0 - 0 EDM | FLA 0 - 0 BOS | DAL 0 - 0 COL
NCAA MBB: Tulane 26-22 | LSU 31-18 || NCAA WSB: LSU 38-14

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:43 pm

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I officially vote for: Organized States

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:45 pm

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I officially vote for: Organized States
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

United States of Conner
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Conner » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:58 pm

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I officially vote for: Organized States.
Guns are tools, not toys.

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:29 pm

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I officially vote for: Aviran
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:12 am

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I officially vote for: Organized States.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Krjder
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:46 am

Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Nation Type: Direct Democratic Federal Monarchy
Capital: Aastejk
Population: 480,670,500
Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
-Realm Chancellor Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:09 am

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I officially vote for: Organised States
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:18 am

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I abstain.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Aravea
Senator

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:12 am

Proud Deputy Speaker of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
★★★Proud Intelligence Minister of the United Monarchist Alliance★★★
Note: Currently in the process of overhauling the Aravean factbooks/canon.

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 pm

For position of Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition, I officially vote for: Aviran
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Carroll rose, approaching the podium and calling the room to order. "The polls are now closed, and I'd like to congratulate Mr. Nathan Hayworth, the representative of the Organized States on his election to Prime Minister of the IFC!"

Carroll joined the applause, motioning for Hayworth to approach the podium to make his inaugural speech, before moving back to her seat

PM Election Polls - Round 2
Organized States |8
Aviran |2

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:37 am

"Gentlemen, the IFC has entered a new day. One of progress and of stability, and the end of the bureaucracy. Now, let me be clear, there is no argument between peace and war, but is it better to live at ones knees than to die on one's feet? We will show our opponents that there is a line we will not cross. We can compromise and we can talk, but we will never, ever abandon our values and our ideals in negotiations. With your support, we will make the IFC great again. We will become one of the most successful alliances in II, and we will outgun and outmatch our opponents on every front. Which is why, today, I introduce you to the Reform Act of 2015."

The Organized States of America
Nathan Hayworth

Reform Act of 2015

[Resolution Number: 100]

Seeing as how the International Freedom Coalition is first and foremost a Military Organization, reform is drastically required to streamline a intergovernmental organization that has grown to big for itself to function properly and fulfill its own role. Thusly, I propose, for the council's consideration, the new governmental structure and the appointed members for new said structure.

This resolution makes reforms to Resolution 50 (the Committee Resolution) and reforms to Resolution 75 (Economic and Miscellaneous Operations). Resolution 100 also moves to repeal resolutions 1, 2, 4-20, 22-25, 31, 33-38, 40, and 42-44.

I) REFORMS TO THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH
(Reforms to Resolution 66)

This proposal repeals Resolution 66 in favor of a new Executive System, which calls for the merger of the Office of the Secretary General and the Office of the Prime Minister. Two "Chief" Executive System doesn't suit the alliance, as shown previously in which constitutional crises have arisen because of the blurred line between Ceremonial and Functional Role of the Secretary General. Thusly, this new system is designed to ensure the stability of the Executive and avoid future crises, which is as follows:
a) The Merger of the roles of the Prime Minister and the Secretary General into the new executive, which will be titled as the Secretary General.
b) This Merger is designed to introduce a more flexible Chief Executive in providing a check to the Council and during wartime, in which a more flexible Executive can be capable of choosing or removing the Commander of what will be potentially be the frontline force (the Rapid Reaction Force) for the IFC in such an event.

II) REFORMS TO THE COUNCIL AND THE COMMITTEE STRUCTURE
(Reforms to Resolution 50)

This section recognizes the important role that the Committee Structure plays within IFC's governance, however, as we are a Military organization, requests for the dissolution or merger of committees which do not play a significant role within a Military Organization and establishes committees more relevant to the organization's intended role and mission.

a) The creation of the Foreign Affairs and Diplomacy Committee, a committee which will propose guidelines (for council vote) as to manage and regulate Diplomatic Partnerships with other Organizations, Independent Partners, and Observer Members.
b) The dissolution of the Economics Committee and the creation of a Public Affairs and Civil Support Committee which will propose guidelines (for council vote) as to manage and regulate the Blue Cross and other forms of Civil Support, IFC-backed Economic Programs, and The Rules of Engagement within theater level environments.
c) The Defense Committee will be expanded to include multiple subcommittees to include the following:
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Aerospace Operations, Research, and Development (Finds shortfalls within IFC Tactical and Strategic Level Airpower, recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Naval Operations, Research, and Development (Finds shortfalls within IFC Seapower capabilities, including Naval Aviation, Surface Vessels, Submarines, and Amphibious Assault Forces and recommends methods, regulations and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Ground Operations, Research, and Development (Finds shortfalls within IFC Ground Force capabilities and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Logistics and Standards (Finds shortfalls within IFC RRF and Civil Support Command Logistics and Procedural Standards and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
-The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Cyber and Electronic Warfare (Finds shortfalls and vulnerablities within IFC Electronic Warfare and Cyber Warfare capabilities and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
d) Authorizes the continued operations of the reform committee.

III) RENAMING OF THE DEFENSE MINISTER TO SUPREME ALLIED COMMANDER
(Reforms to Resolution 75)

This proposal renames the Defense Minister to the Supreme Allied Commander.

IV) ESTABLISHMENT OF A CONTINENTAL STAFF SYSTEM UNDER THE SUPREME ALLIED COMMANDER
(Reforms to Resolution 75)
This proposal authorizes the creation of a Continental or General Staff System under the Supreme Allied Commander.

V) RECOGNIZES THE ROLE OF THE SPEAKER

This proposal recognizes the role of a neutral speaker on the Council.

Signed,

[Nathan Hayworth, Organized States of America]
Last edited by Organized States on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Looking over the resolution, Carroll couldn't help but smile. Ironically, she too had felt that the IFC needed restructuring, though very much towards something representing an alliance of nations, like the WA. She had always hoped that implementing programs that were "civilian oriented" would help shape the IFC into a body more than being a defense alliance, but for all her efforts, Mr. Hayworth had clearly found a way in which to approach this diverse group of nations. The solution was not to water down the military alliance, but to in fact build military branches that oversaw civilian programs. It was quite ingenious, and she did feel a little jealous that she hadn't thought about it herself.

For the most part she found nothing wrong with what was being proposed. It would theoretically streamline things, but seeing the number of committees had her worried. Not because she had anything against committees, in fact she was a huge advocate for the creation of committees and committee work, but seeing the success rate of current committees, she had her doubts whether these committees could get anything done, or if they could even be filled with enough interested individuals to begin with. She hesitated, as she didn't want to seem like she was poking holes in the new Prime Minister's plans, but she did want to see something done about the horrendous apathy of committee work.

Carroll stood to make her remark. "Mr. Hayworth, while I find your resolution to be quite well thought-out, and, hopefully, exactly the kind of reforms that will help the IFC, I do have to mention that the number of committees in this resolution has me troubled. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of belief and faith in the great works of committed people, but seeing the general lack of activity or interest in previous committees, is there anyway in which we can ensure that these committees meet and produce some sort of results? I realize that the status quo may be the final decision with some of these committees, but how can we be sure that these committees will meet in the first place? Otherwise, I am completely in agreement with this resolution, and I will vote in favour of it regardless of my concerns."

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:30 pm

In the last month, the Krïdan Empire had replaced its former ambassador, an intelligent man but with little spine or thrust, with a former Brigadier, previously commanding an armoured brigade. Brigadier Baron Joâchkim vijk Wüchshöwdeberg was a towering figure, with a determined face and piercing eyes. His voice could command attention, as expected for a military officer and his silver hair showcased age, but with age comes wisdom. But he was also a nobleman, of high birth, born and bred to lead and represent for his fatherland. So here he was, sat in a new attire; a three piece suit, in a Coalition's Headquaters. He stood up, having applauded and listened as the new Prime Minister was sworn into office by popular vote.
"I will start by offering my personal congratulations on your recent elevations, Mr. Prime Minister; well done, you deserve your position. I will follow this by announcing my nation's official congratulations to your recent rise to position; they hope that you will guide us along a righteous and sensical path. Now, as many of you have noticed, I am not an old face, I have replaced André as the Krïdan ambassador to the IFC in light of recent beliefs back at home. It is, for these reasons that I fully support and that the Krïdan empire fully supports the proposal' outlined by our Prime Minister."
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:47 am

"We would like to present our ... comments to our fellow IFC members who have elected a Prime Minister who has decided to modify the entire basis of IFC government for the past year," said Alexias, rising with a disdainful tone clearly designed to imply that anybody who questioned the entire basis of government was completely insane. "We utterly disagree with killing the free-trade section of the IFC and focusing entirely on military matters to the exclusion of everything else, which will no doubt lead to an effective split within the IFC as pro-trade members take a different direction. We also see no reason why we should savagely take an axe to some of the Coalition's best legislation - legislation which forms the foundations for this very debate. Without such legislation to protect the voices of the members, we would hardly be different from any other run-of-the-mill alliance.

However, the Prime Minister has been elected - for better or worse - and retains the confidence of the Council - for the moment, at any rate" - here Alexias paused significantly - "so we are prepared to provide assistance in the drafting process, particularly as the Prime Minister has at least decided not to abolish the independent Speaker and so diminish the power of us Members-in-Council. (On the subject we are greatly concerned that the proposal states that the Chief Executive should be a 'check to the Council'. In a democratic coalition, it is the members who should be in charge, not some elected dictator).

Anyway, perhaps the Prime Minister is not quite so familiar as Ausitoria with the IFC's current legislation - in fairness, we wrote most of it" - here Alexias allowed himself a smile - "but the proposal as it stands is somewhat flawed, and, in the interests of avoiding anarchy, and as a service to all of our friends who somehow decided to elect this new Prime Minister, we shall go through a list of legal problems, and the legal solutions required to avoid unending court disputes:

Legal problems with the proposed Resolution:

1. The proposed resolution fails to make amendments/repeals to Resolution 50 (the Committee Resolution) and 75 (Economic and Miscellaneous Operations), leading to immediate legislative conflict.
2. Repealing Resolution 66 will anti-repeal resolutions 1, 2, 4-20, 22-25, 31, 33-38, 40, and 42-44, creating significantly more bureaucracy, and making the legislative system far more complex. (You thought it was complex now?)
3. It will also anti-move Resolutions 32, 45, 51, 56, and 61; which will put the proposed Resolution in direct conflict with parts of Resolution 51.
4. It is not necessary to repeal any of those resolutions, now incorporated into Resolution 66, which safeguard the independence and procedures of the Council. (If you check Resolution 66, you might see some of the good stuff that should be kept on the Statute book).

Legal Solutions
Fortunately these problems have easy solutions. We would suggest that the wording be changed as follows:
Section I:
"I) REFORMS TO THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH

This proposal repeals Sections 4, 5, and 6 of Resolution 55, Section 2 of Resolution 51, Section 1 Clause 5 of Resolution 75, and Part 3 Section 3 Subsection 3 and Part 2 of Resolution 66 in favor of [...]"

Hopefully that will be helpful.

Anyway, even with those corrections, we would strongly recommend that the Council reject this blinkered, narrow-minded plan to turn an effective multidisciplinary alliance with an unusually broad, inclusive, and tolerant range of activities, into a rampaging bureaucratic warmongering army which wants to do nothing more than kill everybody who disagrees with it."
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:06 am

Melissa de Vertrun spoke up for the first time. Since being appointed "ambassador" to the IFC, she had very little to speak for and likewise kept her mouth shut. Now, she was tasking with barking down the ambassador of a nation feeling their influences slip away, and it was not going to be a pretty sight if "discussion" were to continue back and forth.

"As the delegate of Inyursta I hearby announce my support for the reforms set forth by the new democratically-elected Prime Minister." She said as she took a sip of water, before turning her solid, dark-brown eyes in the direction of the Lib&Aus delegation.

"However, as we can see some individuals fear change, they fear loosing their monopoly on power and influence. This is of course a natural reaction and they cannot be blamed. However, what we can do is see their motives at face value.

To the Ausitorian delegation I ask you this, what prevents the entire replacement of the aforementioned resolutions with new material? This is a democratic alliance, is it not and if other members feel more modern legislation which passes the support of current members then why should we fear it in favor of clinging to the doctrine of the old guard?

Furthermore, your own personal agendas are pathetically predictable, and it is no secret to even outsiders that you care more for your own trade empire than you do actually defending freedom. So as a result I feel I must be the one to attack this vine of incompetence at the root.
How does your precious 'free trade' actually promote freedom?
Why should nations in the IFC be inherently barred from placing their own protective tariffs and external revenue sources for foreign exports, especially considering many - including ourselves - passed these measures with the popular and democratic support of our own people?

Melissa then turned again towards the rest of the council, all nervous impulses purged from her body and replaced only with adrenaline and sheer mental focus on the task at hand like a predator cornering its prey.

"To the rest of the council, we must agree with the Ausitorian delegation that this should not become a dictatorship - no, it should not become the platform of one nation to waste our time promoting their own agenda and enacting reforms that primarily benefit themselves and further nurture their own egos.
We must also ask you to reject the narrow-minded thinking that seeks only to preserve personal influence, and would stand to stifle potentially positive reforms and changes to legislation and terms of guidance.

If the IFC is trully as democratic as everyone claims it do be then we should act with what the majority want and what the majority want now. So if you agree with the Ausitoian power-protection then all means speak up and say so; but if you disagree then do not be intimidated by their lengthy and legalistic speeches and their own egotistical bouts of their accomplishments and speaks in support of your own ideas and above all the democratic needs of your own people.
Thank you.
"
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:23 am

In the last month, the Krïdan Empire had replaced its former ambassador, an intelligent man but with little spine or thrust, with a former Brigadier, previously commanding an armoured brigade. Brigadier Baron Joâchkim vijk Wüchshöwdeberg was a towering figure, with a determined face and piercing eyes. His voice could command attention, as expected for a military officer and his silver hair showcased age, but with age comes wisdom. But he was also a nobleman, of high birth, born and bred to lead and represent for his fatherland. So here he was, sat in a new attire; a three piece suit, in a Coalition's Headquaters.

He stood up, having applauded and listened as the new Prime Minister was sworn into office by popular vote.
"I will start by offering my personal congratulations on your recent elevations, Mr. Prime Minister; well done, you deserve your position. I will follow this by announcing my nation's official congratulations to your recent rise to position; they hope that you will guide us along a righteous and sensical path. Now, as many of you have noticed, I am not an old face, I have replaced André as the Krïdan ambassador to the IFC in light of recent beliefs back at home. It is, for these reasons that I fully support and that the Krïdan empire fully supports the proposal' outlined by our Prime Minister. Can I also thank the Inyurstan delegate for pressing forward their support of these amendments which can only serve to the betterment of theis coalition. We are a military organisation, it's about time we had the spine to prop us up. This brings me onto my second point. Time tells a story, and that story is that our military infrastructure has repeatedly failed to utilise the full power that we are capable of. We have also been beleaguered by military incompetence and this needs to be adressed if we are to achieve military supremacy in conflicts in order to ensure that freedom is preserved or even bestowed. This is why I present to you this council, the first proposal constructed by the Krïdan Empire."

The Krïdan Empire
His Excellency Brigadier Baron Joâchkim vijk Wüchshöwdeberg

Formation of the IFC Military Standards Commission

[Resolution Number: [101]

Recognising that some nations in the IFC may possess militaries sub-par to what is required of a sovereign state, and realising that in times of war such nations are vulnerable to attack. Acknowledging that some nations do not necessarily require a large military, but rather a diverse and well lead, disciplined and equipped one.

Further stating that such nation's freedom and sovereignty could be at stake should their military be unable to successfully combat that of their opponents, or at least operate competently until reinforcements arrive.

Intending to preserve the sovereignty and freedom of IFC members by ensuring that their military is war-worthy and capable of defending their nation.

Clarifying that Resolution 73 can support this Commission by providing funds necessary to update hardware, in addition to some nations offering to host officers for training and leadership courses.

Hereby Defines a subpar military as:

1. Unable to protect its borders and interests against a similar or smaller sized opponent.
2. A military not supported by efficient logistics and leadership.
3. A military severely lacking in modern equipment.
4. Suffering from peacetime shortages in ammunition
5. A military lacking in substantial military intelligence

Hereby mandates;

1. A Commission within the Ministry of Defence to routinely inspect militaries and carry out the outlined procedures.

a). Sending funds, as per Resolution 73 to allow concerned nation to purchase modern and reliable military hardware.

b). Training the military leadership of concerned nation by setting up or overhauling their military training colleges.

c). Working closely with concerned nation, assisting them in military structure, forming battle groups and training.

2. All member nations to allow their militaries to be inspected by authorised personnel of the commission.

3. All nations must cooperate with the Commission for their own safety and for the safety of the IFC during wartime.

4. The Commission will be a department within the Ministry of Defence and will appoint a Commissioner.

5. The Commission shall ensure that nations maintain such militaries by means of an inspection every six months which will observe military exercises, review structure, test military hardware and inspect national defence procedures.

Signed,

Brigadier Baron Joâchkim vijk Wüchshöwdeberg, the Krïdan Empire
Last edited by Krjder on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Elesar
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elesar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Elesar abstains from voting on resolution 101, and furthermore refuses to vote on any resolutions until the SACTO leadership is removed.
Pro: Monarchy, non-American Conservatism, Right-wing populism
Cons: LGBT rights, modern Feminism
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
#IStandWithAtlas

Right wing, Texan/Canadian and proud of it!
My political compass - Eye opening.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Elesar wrote:Elesar abstains from voting on resolution 101, and furthermore refuses to vote on any resolutions until the SACTO leadership is removed.

The Shazbotdom Ambassador to the IFC looks over at the Elesarian Ambassador with a disgusted look on his face.

"That's rather interesting, Ambassador, seeing as the Prime Minister is not SACTO Leadership. If your only intention is to cause strife in this alliance, then one wonders why you are here." He takes a sip of the drink in front of him. "If you have that much of a problem, you can also Opt out of the Political portion of this Alliance and be in it just for just the Mutual Defense portion of it."
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Elesar wrote:Elesar abstains from voting on resolution 101, and furthermore refuses to vote on any resolutions until the SACTO leadership is removed.

The Brigadier cocked his head at the Elesarian delegate.
"Since when was the IFC run by SACTO? Our prime minister indeed comes from a nation which is a member of SACTO, but we are not run by SACTO. I'm afraid, sir, it's the likes of you who are going to stall our revitalisation as an effective military machine. Please, cease with your anti-SACTO rhetoric before you regret it."
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Torrumbarry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrumbarry » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:18 pm

IFC COUNCIL HEADQUARTERS - Bratislav

The Right Honourable Martin Pyke rose from his seat laboriously and boomed in his resonant voice: "On behalf of His Eminence King Regnant, Edmund VII, Torrumbarry hereby votes AYE for Resolution 101. I also wish to voice my delegation's resolute support for our newly-elected Prime Minister, and wish him an auspicious term in office."
Last edited by Torrumbarry on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BUSY IRL - UNABLE TO POST

President: Rt. Hon. Lance Hemingway
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Rt. Hon. Abigail Thorpe
Constitutional King: His Eminence Edmund VII of House Adelaide
Population: RENOVATING-HARD HAT ZONE

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:21 pm

"Sir, though I agree that I do not like the changes, there is NO SACTO leadership in charge. As far as I know, Organized States is not a part of their leadership I'm sorry, but your statement was somewhat ignorant. Let's say I'm the Prime Minister, that does not mean that all the sudden the IFC is under UL or CSS leadership."
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:28 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:

"Sir, though I agree that I do not like the changes, there is NO SACTO leadership in charge. As far as I know, Organized States is not a part of their leadership I'm sorry, but your statement was somewhat ignorant. Let's say I'm the Prime Minister, that does not mean that all the sudden the IFC is under UL or CSS leadership."

Ambassador Moorston looks over at the NRR Ambassador, "Honestly I wonder why he is throwing this sort of fit."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates