NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giliberafta
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Giliberafta » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Giliberafta wrote:"Why is that?" Asks Bon Jovi.

"Full Membership in other alliances forces such countries to have commitments and priorities to those alliances which may or may not conflict with our interests. It is in the interest of the IFC that all its members are primarily dedicated to the IFC Alliance and its interests."

"Ah yes I do see what you mean, such alliances that are filled with oppressive totalitarian states."

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Giliberafta wrote:
Bratislav wrote:
"Full Membership in other alliances forces such countries to have commitments and priorities to those alliances which may or may not conflict with our interests. It is in the interest of the IFC that all its members are primarily dedicated to the IFC Alliance and its interests."

"Ah yes I do see what you mean, such alliances that are filled with oppressive totalitarian states."

"A country only has so much resources. If they are required by both IFC and another alliance to be involved in a conflict, they limit or lessen their commitment to the IFC. Like a person with dual-nationality, they have dual-allegiances. "
Last edited by Bratislav on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:25 pm

The United Regions
James Resim

Proposal To Create Ambassador Positions for the IFC

[Resolution Number: 15]

In recognition of the many international alliances that currently exist. We must remember that there is only one Foreign Minister and he/she is expected to create a positive or at the least neutral relations with all of these many alliances. This resolution will ease the workload for the Foreign Minister and hopefully create better relations with many other international alliances. This resolution will require that all political or military alliances with twenty or more members, or less by the request of a Secretary General, will have an IFC Ambassador appointed to them. This Ambassador must have full membership in the IFC. They may not hold another leadership position in the IFC at the time of appointment and for the full time they hold the position, or any other leadership position in the alliance in which they represent except with the approval of a Secretary General (this approval is required for both a leadership position in the IFC and in the other alliance). The Ambassador is required to be upon appointment and for the duration of their time in office be an IFC member. He/she is encouraged but not required to gain observer status or full membership into the alliance in which they are an ambassador to. This position will be appointed by the IFC Foreign Minister with the approval of the IFC Prime Minister. An ambassador may be taken out of office by the Foreign Minister, Prime Minister or the Secretary Generals of the IFC, for any reason. The duties of this position would include: working under the Foreign Minister to strengthen relations with their assigned alliance. He/she will attend all summits that their assigned alliance holds and welcomes them to, as well as representing the IFC in matters obtaining to the relations between the two alliances.

Signed,

James Resim, The United Regions

Caldwell, a self-proclaimed grammar Nazi, corrected the spelling errors in the resolution. "I shall vote aye for any version of this resolution, should it be the original one or the edited one. I urge my fellow delegates to support the edited version as it shows that the IFC is professional and supports the use of proper grammar."
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:09 am

Pax Prosperitas

By Order

May we suggest that it be accepted as a standard IFC convention that edits for the sake of fixing grammar do not need to be voted on, and can be made before, during, and after the vote without any further votes? What we are voting on is the substance of the proposal, not whether it is spelt correctly.

On that note, we vote aye for the substance of the proposed resolution number 15, however you care to spell the content. It could be written in French or gobbledigook for all we care: it is the substance that we agree with.

His Grace Alexias Stella,
Duly appointed representative to the IFC from the Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:17 am

I vote AYE for both said resolutions.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:31 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:
(Image)
Pax Prosperitas

By Order

May we suggest that it be accepted as a standard IFC convention that edits for the sake of fixing grammar do not need to be voted on, and can be made before, during, and after the vote without any further votes? What we are voting on is the substance of the proposal, not whether it is spelt correctly.

On that note, we vote aye for the substance of the proposed resolution number 15, however you care to spell the content. It could be written in French or gobbledigook for all we care: it is the substance that we agree with.

Duly appointed representative to the IFC from the Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria

"I agree with what you say, but to me, grammar and spelling are extremely important and should be respected," Caldwell said.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:41 am

Pax Prosperitas

By Order

We would like to clarify that while we do agree that grammar is important, there is simply no point in having a new vote every time someone spots a letter out of place. That would be the worst sort of bureaucracy: useless!

The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:13 am

"All new votes have now been recorded."

"Concerning the matter of spelling and grammar, while it is true that such issues matter significantly, and I thank the grammar nazi delegate Caldwell for his corrections, there is no need to support one version over the other. Instead, the corrections will be merely be made to the first document, in order to prevent any form of confusion."
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:27 am

Republic of Bratislav
Dimitri Sledan

IFC SANCTION BILL REGARDING COLUMBION AND DISTRICT XIV

[Resolution Number: 16]

Due to the illegal military actions against IFC Member, Republic of New Austzeland, this Resolution requires that all IFC members impose economic and political sanctions against the The Republic of Columbion and Fourtese Federated Republics (District XIV). The sanctions should be implemented in the following manner:

1. Cessation of all economic trade and financial transactions with the mentioned states.
2. Cessation of any political and military ties with the following states.
3. Suspension of diplomatic relations with the following states.
4. Removal of the following states from any regional projects and unions.
5. Economic and political isolation to be imposed on the given states until they cease their illegal military support and actions in New Austzeland.

These sanctions can be removed if the following states fully withdraw illegal military aid and forces from New Austzeland and pay necessary reparations to New Austzeland for the damages of their involvement.

Furthermore, these sanctions implement total economic and political restrictions on the members of the Austzeland National Party.

Once approved, all IFC Members will be required to enforce these sanctions.

Signed,

[Dimitri Sledan, Republic of Bratislav]

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:34 am

I vote AYE for the sanctions.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:36 am

I vote AYE of course.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:44 am

The Social Democratic Republic of Ardoki, hereby supports this proposal, and votes AYE.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Viridisolum
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:49 am

Her Imperial Majesty Empress Ellaia, alongside us, has decided that we ABSTAIN on this matter concerning Resolution #16.
Last edited by Viridisolum on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:52 am

The United Provinces of New Korongo votes AYE on Resolution 16.
Last edited by New Korongo on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:54 am

West Aurelia votes aye.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Boston and Surrounding Provinces
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Boston and Surrounding Provinces » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:03 am

The Confederacy of New England says aye.
"Vita ac Libertas”
Pro: Libertarian, capitalism, gay rights, civil rights, Bill of Rights
Anti: Conservatives, Liberals, communism, gun control
Empire of Narnia wrote:I wish I could sell my body parts for money. I would buy so many toys.

Altraxa wrote:With Cthulu, all things are possible. Remember, impossible is a word for those who haven't sacrificed enough virgins

Eaglleia wrote:Clearly, there needs to be a dinosaur rights act to properly define the acceptable treatment of dinosaurs.
"New England Confederacy"
I am 95% LibertarianDo you like public parks? Well then you're a STAAAAATIST!

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:47 am

The Gibberish delegation votes Aye on Resolution No. 16.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:22 am

"Since voting has now moved onto resolution 16, it is hereby declared that Resolution 15 has now been PASSED, and will be implemented over the next week. This was after a unanimous show of support from the general council." [OOC: did we add it to the list of resolutions?]

The current tally for Resolution 16 stands at:

Ayes: 14

Nays: 2

Abstentions: 5

*continuously updated*

Vote last counted: UR

"The Valaran Empire also ABSTAINS as we have several political ties to Columbion and the Fourtese Republic, if nothing else."
Last edited by Valaran on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Waldriech
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Waldriech » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:34 am

Office of Amanda Werner

The Federal Republic of Waldriech Votes to Abstain Resolution 16.
Last edited by Waldriech on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a, Catholic, Anarcho-Capitalist from Arkansas.

Pro: Free-Market, Property Rights, Gun Rights, Weed Legalization, Public Service Privatization, Trump, Rand and Ron Paul, GOP, Free Speech, Religious Freedom, Catholic Teachings, Non-Aggression Principle, Natural Law, General Pinochet.

Anti: Communism, Democrats, ISIS, Terrorism, SJWs, Gay Pride.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:36 am

OOC: Just realized that Ryan Caldwell is not on the delegate list. Could you please add him?
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

IFC Administrator
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby IFC Administrator » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:41 am

West Aurelia wrote:OOC: Just realized that Ryan Caldwell is not on the delegate list. Could you please add him?

Ryan Caldwell has been added to the delegate list. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This is the administration account for the International Freedom Coalition. It is run by the Secretary-General, Bratislav

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:43 am

IFC Administrator wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:OOC: Just realized that Ryan Caldwell is not on the delegate list. Could you please add him?

Ryan Caldwell has been added to the delegate list. We apologize for the inconvenience.

OOC: Thanks!
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Indocathay
Attaché

Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Indocathay » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:00 am

Delegate Sài nursed what may have been her nth mug of coffee as she spoke. "The Indocathayan Republic votes Aye regarding Resolution 16." Having given her nation's position on the subject matter, she took a drink before pondering on some ministerial matters back at the States General. The upper echelons were still in a state of uproar, although it probably had more to do with acquisitions of black gold in Hòang Sa.
Last edited by Indocathay on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nhà nước Đông Dương | État de l'Indocathay
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:07 am

Indocathay wrote:Delegate Sài nursed what may have been her nth mug of coffee as she spoke. "The Indocathayan Republic votes Aye regarding Resolution 16." Having given her nation's position on the subject matter, she took a drink before pondering on some ministerial matters back at the States General. The upper echelons were still in a state of uproar, although it probably had more to do with acquisitions of black gold in Hòang Sa.

"This vote is noted." replied a weary Helghan. Where does she get all the cups of coffee from? he wondered, though not aloud; he still had to monitor the council, not indulge in conversation just yet. He was still slightly out of his depth, having been called up as the Empire's temporary appointment since Seward's sudden departure.

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:06 am

Bratislav wrote:
Republic of Bratislav
Dimitri Sledan

IFC SANCTION BILL REGARDING COLUMBION AND DISTRICT XIV

[Resolution Number: 16]

Due to the illegal military actions against IFC Member, Republic of New Austzeland, this Resolution requires that all IFC members impose economic and political sanctions against the The Republic of Columbion and Fourtese Federated Republics (District XIV). The sanctions should be implemented in the following manner:

1. Cessation of all economic trade and financial transactions with the mentioned states.
2. Cessation of any political and military ties with the following states.
3. Suspension of diplomatic relations with the following states.
4. Removal of the following states from any regional projects and unions.
5. Economic and political isolation to be imposed on the given states until they cease their illegal military support and actions in New Austzeland.

These sanctions can be removed if the following states fully withdraw illegal military aid and forces from New Austzeland and pay necessary reparations to New Austzeland for the damages of their involvement.

Furthermore, these sanctions implement total economic and political restrictions on the members of the Austzeland National Party.

Once approved, all IFC Members will be required to enforce these sanctions.

Signed,

[Dimitri Sledan, Republic of Bratislav]

Aye

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates