NATION

PASSWORD

International Exchange Student Program [TG me for revival?]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 am

Well, if there is a desire to re-start this, we may as well join in.

Application for Student Exchange

Please fill out the following fields.
  • Name of applying nation: The Kingdom of Great Nortend
  • Government type: Semi-constitutional monarchy
  • Regional location (NS): The Western Isles
  • Are you willing to accept exchange students into your country? Y
  • Are you willing to send exchange students in to other nations? Y
  • Do you agree to the IESP's Terms and Conditions? Y
  • Do you agree to protect any exchange students within your borders and for the duration of their travel time? Y, according to law
  • Other comments/concerns/questions you wish to be brought to the attention of the IESP: N/A

Authorized Signature: Chepingstow
Rank/Position of the above signatory: The Duke of Chepingstow, Secretary of State for Education
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat May 19, 2018 3:25 am

Hi all,

Appologies for my delayed response, and thank you all for waiting patiently.
Unfortunately, my group tg to IESP regulars only met with a few committed responses; sadly, I didn't judge this level of response to be adequate for a revival under the IESP brandname. As I am not the creator of IESP, nor the host of one of its exchanges (only a multiple thread participant), I do not feel comfortable starting a revival without a high level of support from the rest of the IESP community. I hope everybody understands this; IESP was not my idea and I do not wish to take false credit for it.

However, if I may plug an advertisement in here, their is another school/college exchange programme looking for signups, in the more-than-capable hands of camelone. The link to the thread can be found
here

I understand this was not the response people probably wanted, however I encourage everybody who was waiting on an IESP revival to join the above-linked rp.
All the best,
- GVH
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat May 19, 2018 3:36 am

Arrghh, but it's another MT roleplay! *bangs head on wall
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat May 19, 2018 4:13 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Arrghh, but it's another MT roleplay! *bangs head on wall

IESP was largely mt, people got annoyed when I brought in cyborgs and stuff of that variety
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat May 19, 2018 4:38 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Arrghh, but it's another MT roleplay! *bangs head on wall

IESP was largely mt, people got annoyed when I brought in cyborgs and stuff of that variety

Well, it should be all tech. There's too much of *insert the "r" word here* MT roleplays. I don't get why the worst tech level to be in is so popular. Doesn't anyone have any imagination anymore?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat May 19, 2018 4:47 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:IESP was largely mt, people got annoyed when I brought in cyborgs and stuff of that variety

Well, it should be all tech. There's too much of *insert the "r" word here* MT roleplays. I don't get why the worst tech level to be in is so popular. Doesn't anyone have any imagination anymore?

A long time ago we had future tech rps which were huge. They sort of died though. A lot of it was because their were some truly awful rpers in them though (at that point I was one of the worst, my posting from when I was 14 is embarrassing.)

Akaran Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Akaran Islands » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 am

Application for Student Exchange

Please fill out the following fields.
  • Name of applying nation: Akaran Dominion
  • Government type: Royal Dictaorship
  • Regional location (NS): Africa
  • Are you willing to accept exchange students into your country? Yes
  • Are you willing to send exchange students in to other nations? Yes
  • Do you agree to the IESP's Terms and Conditions? Yes
  • Do you agree to protect any exchange students within your borders and for the duration of their travel time? Yes
  • Other comments/concerns/questions you wish to be brought to the attention of the IESP:

Authorized Signature: ________Teshome Kouiret________
Rank/Position of the above signatory: Minister of Education
Senaso II (Modern Era)
Jeanne-Pierre Okeyo (Cold War)
Queen Lesiela I (Victorian Era)
I Do Not Use NS Stats
Look At The Factbook

Island nation off the coast of East Africa

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 am

Announcement

The IESP may have sadly died, however school rps still exist, and this one promises to be one of the better ones.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=445917

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:57 am

Wow, I had no idea that this was somehow still kicking. I've obviously been a bit busy the last.... two years, it seems, since I haven't replied to anything in this thread since then. :P

With that said, I'm willing to give this thing another go if there is a suitable amount of interest among previous participants and new members, so if you are interested in hosting or participating in a revival RP, please send me a telegram so that I can get a general idea of interest. I'm not going to send out a mass telegram since this is entirely up in the air and likely won't be a thing, but I may send out a couple of individual telegrams to former hosts to check it.

Thanks to both old RP participants and new applicants for your interest; I'm surprised that this thread still exists, to be honest. New applicants can consider themselves accepted, although I'm not likely to update the member list since I'd need to go back and purge all the CTE'ed nations from it, and that sounds like a boring and time-consuming task. I'll do that if there is interest in continuing the program, however.

TG me if you're interested in a revival, and I'll see whether people are still alive. Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

(PS: Further applications won't be accepted for the time being, since if the program is well and truly dead I'll probably just ask for the thread to be locked. :) )

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:49 pm

The Nation of Ceneria wrote:Wow, I had no idea that this was somehow still kicking. I've obviously been a bit busy the last.... two years, it seems, since I haven't replied to anything in this thread since then. :P

With that said, I'm willing to give this thing another go if there is a suitable amount of interest among previous participants and new members, so if you are interested in hosting or participating in a revival RP, please send me a telegram so that I can get a general idea of interest. I'm not going to send out a mass telegram since this is entirely up in the air and likely won't be a thing, but I may send out a couple of individual telegrams to former hosts to check it.

Thanks to both old RP participants and new applicants for your interest; I'm surprised that this thread still exists, to be honest. New applicants can consider themselves accepted, although I'm not likely to update the member list since I'd need to go back and purge all the CTE'ed nations from it, and that sounds like a boring and time-consuming task. I'll do that if there is interest in continuing the program, however.

TG me if you're interested in a revival, and I'll see whether people are still alive. Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

(PS: Further applications won't be accepted for the time being, since if the program is well and truly dead I'll probably just ask for the thread to be locked. :) )

I'm pretty amazed myself also, I tried to launch a revival a while back but nothing got going.

The United Confederacy of Texas
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The United Confederacy of Texas » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:28 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The Nation of Ceneria wrote:Wow, I had no idea that this was somehow still kicking. I've obviously been a bit busy the last.... two years, it seems, since I haven't replied to anything in this thread since then. :P

I'm pretty amazed myself also, I tried to launch a revival a while back but nothing got going.

Honestly, I'd be down to give it another go: college does give me plenty of free time and I've been wanting to put new RP skills to the test
Filthy center-left statist
Straight
Agnostic atheist
Hack who RPs with subpar posts
Somewhat RP (not used as much), NS stats are somewhat reflected, a tendency for realism/futuristic stuff in some cases
Tex or U.C.T. works
This country mostly reflects my personal views
Will update this signature with a factbook in distant future

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:32 am

Just make sure to TG Ceneria! :D I know I have.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates