NATION

PASSWORD

Merger between IFA and WC (OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 am

Bratislav wrote:
Vanitan wrote:
I Second the motion

That is how United Airlines and Continental Airlines merged. The combined airlines uses 'United' and uses the logo of Continental.

"Flardania also approves of this motion."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:09 am

Valaran wrote:
Vanitan wrote:
What is the motto in english?

Where there is doubt there is freedom? My Latin is rusty...

Your latin is correct. I chose that phrase because it represents our freedom to make our own decisions, instead of simply doing as one is told.
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:31 am

Liberated Counties wrote:
Valaran wrote:

Where there is doubt there is freedom? My Latin is rusty...

Your latin is correct. I chose that phrase because it represents our freedom to make our own decisions, instead of simply doing as one is told.

It's a nice phrase, I like it quite a lot.
Perhaps something about freedom being the guiding lux, though your phrase is more apt and generally better.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:33 am

Valaran wrote:

Perhaps something about freedom being the guiding lux, though your phrase is more apt and generally better.

Even if you don't use my flag, you oughta use that phrase. I like its meaning too :3
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 am

Valaran wrote:

Even if you don't use my flag, you oughta use that phrase. I like its meaning too :3

Sure we can have both a motto and also a wallpaper type graphic.
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Vanitan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Bratislav wrote:

S...So I just made my flags...for nothing *sad violin plays*

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Vanitan wrote:
Bratislav wrote:

I mean it was good to see the possibility of a combined logo. Often times people create many logos then decide on just one. But I do think the new alliance should have a graphics department that can make cool graphics, wallpapers, sigs, etc.

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Vanitan wrote:

I mean it was good to see the possibility of a combined logo. Often times people create many logos then decide on just one. But I do think the new alliance should have a graphics department that can make cool graphics, wallpapers, sigs, etc.

Okay...

Globus
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:55 pm

I have created some possible logos, if we are interested in an entirely new logo. Check them out, and feedback is appreciated.

Replacement: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=304270&p=20928136#p20929024

Also, a few name ideas if we are looking for a new name.
  • International Freedom Coalition
  • International Peace Coalition
  • Coalition of Freedom
  • Freedom Coalition
Last edited by Globus on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Globus wrote:I have created some possible logos, if we are interested in an entirely new logo. Check them out, and feedback is appreciated.

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

• Coalition of Freedom
  • Freedom Coalition

International Freedom Coalition is a possibly good name. I still think in terms of the logo we should go with the Western Coalition star, at least personally I like it a lot but we can put it up for a vote. Or for simplicity sake, adopt IFA as the name, and adopt the WC logo. Just imagine how many things have to be renamed if we put a whole new different name.

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Globus wrote:I have created some possible logos, if we are interested in an entirely new logo. Check them out, and feedback is appreciated.

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

• Coalition of Freedom
  • Freedom Coalition

I have to admit I really love that first logo, it just looks so good

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Muzztopia wrote:

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

• Coalition of Freedom
  • Freedom Coalition

I have to admit I really love that first logo, it just looks so good

IKR I would kiss that thing if it was real.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:29 pm

International Freedom Coalition sounds like the best name to me. As to the logo, the third one seems good, maybe with the star of the second one on it's chest?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:02 pm

International Freedom Coalition sounds nice, I just hope people will pick up on the fact that it is the name of the new merged alliance, since both IFA and WC have had much more name recognition.

As for the logo: out of the three I like the third one, but my overall favorite is the star logo of WC.

Globus
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:21 pm

The first logo has been recalled. I just realized it is the same logo as the GE&T Central Security Corporation.

This one is similar to it.

Last edited by Globus on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Globus wrote:The first logo has been recalled. I just realized it is the same logo as the GE&T Central Security Corporation.

This one is similar to it.

(Image)

It's really good, though its more of a flag than an.emblem.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

Proud Esquarian!
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:27 pm

I guess I'm the only one that favors the WC or IFA logo :p

Though guys, we should finalize the more crucial points in the merger, For example, the admittance policy. WC uses a different admittance policy than IFA because they look at the country's NS freedom ranking. While IFA doesn't and looks more to ensure that the incoming member is a functioning democracy that fits our ideals.

Rentalla
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rentalla » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Bratislav wrote:I guess I'm the only one that favors the WC or IFA logo :p

Though guys, we should finalize the more crucial points in the merger, For example, the admittance policy. WC uses a different admittance policy than IFA because they look at the country's NS freedom ranking. While IFA doesn't and looks more to ensure that the incoming member is a functioning democracy that fits our ideals.

Perhaps we could use both sets of criteria. Although it would seem that some members of the WC are opposed to the IFA's admittance policy.
Last edited by Rentalla on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secretary of Admissions for the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Minister Of Diplomacy for SACTO
Pan-Celtic Alliance Observer

Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness as weakness.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Rentalla wrote:

Perhaps we could use both sets of criteria. Although it would seem that some members of the WC are opposed to the IFA's admittance policy.

I'm honestly all right with either policy, though it depends on whether the alliance will associate with gameplay or be a roleplay-only group.

Proud Esquarian!

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Rentalla wrote:

Yea I don't think my Constitutional Autocracy would meet IFA standards. In other news I am in Favor of the name IFC (International Freedom Coalition).
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Gibberan wrote:
Rentalla wrote:

I'm honestly all right with either policy, though it depends on whether the alliance will associate with gameplay or be a roleplay-only group.

The alliance will be like IFA and WC was, there is gameplay and usually there are alliance related RPs. I think the IFA admittance policy may be a bit more flexible in some regards, just because the NS legislation are sometimes very weird, and not everyone's NS country ranking reflects their actual RP policies. (mine does though :P) Obviously though a country should justify why they are labelled as a psychotic dictatorship when they portray themselves as very democratic.

Flardania wrote:
Rentalla wrote:

Yea I don't think my Constitutional Autocracy would meet IFA standards. In other news I am in Favor of the name IFC (International Freedom Coalition).

Not necessarily. Basically we are going to admit any moderate country that can show that they have a generally democratic structure of governance as opposed to authoritarian, communist, extremist, etc. So it's a rather wide criteria.

I think the International Freedom Coalition sounds good. It combines our two alliances nicely.
Last edited by Bratislav on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Gibberan wrote:I'm honestly all right with either policy, though it depends on whether the alliance will associate with gameplay or be a roleplay-only group.

The alliance will be like IFA and WC was, there is gameplay and usually there are alliance related RPs. I think the IFA admittance policy may be a bit more flexible in some regards, just because the NS legislation are sometimes very weird, and not everyone's NS country ranking reflects their actual RP policies. (mine does though :P) Obviously though a country should justify why they are labelled as a psychotic dictatorship when they portray themselves as very democratic.

I actually had no idea the IFA was ever gameplay-oriented. :? The WC used to be but stopped when we did away with the region.
Bratislav wrote:
Flardania wrote:Yea I don't think my Constitutional Autocracy would meet IFA standards. In other news I am in Favor of the name IFC (International Freedom Coalition).

Not necessarily. Basically we are going to admit any moderate country that can show that they have a generally democratic structure of governance as opposed to authoritarian, communist, extremist, etc. So it's a rather wide criteria.

I think the International Freedom Coalition sounds good. It combines our two alliances nicely.
How would they show that? Would it be a series of rights questions, similar to those in the WC application?

Proud Esquarian!

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Gibberan wrote:
Bratislav wrote:

I actually had no idea the IFA was ever gameplay-oriented. :? The WC used to be but stopped when we did away with the region.
Bratislav wrote:

How would they show that? Would it be a series of rights questions, similar to those in the WC application?

Well IFA never had a region, just we had roleplays based on events with our members .

I think we can expand upon the application, ask more questions, but let´s leave out the NS ranking part. Basically combine the WC app questions with IFA app questions.

Here are the two apps:
Formal Country Name:
Capital:
Population:
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Form of Government:
Economic System:
Military Size (active):
Reason for Joining IFA:
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state? (Far-Left/Left/Center-Left/Center/Center-Right/Right/Far-Right):
Is your Government by the people (exercised either directly or through elected representatives)?
What other military alliances are you a part of:
Representative to the IFA Council:

---

Basics:
Formal Nation Name:
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Military Size: (_/10)
Nuclear Arsenal (if any):
Goals (optional):
Capital city:
National Creation and Brief History of your nation:
Language:
Demonym:

Does your nation have...
Freedom of speech
Freedom of conscience
Freedom of assembly
Freedom of religion
Freedom of movement
The right to a fair trial
Universal adult suffrage
Racial discrimination
Religious discrimination
Gender discrimination
LGBT discrimination
Laws to prevent racial/religious/gender/LGBT discrimination
Slavery
Retroactive laws (i.e. punishing someone for doing an action in the past when it was legal at the time)
Political Freedoms ranking (found on your homepage, and must be average or higher):
Civil Rights ranking (also on your homepage, and also must be average or higher):

Name of Ambassador to the Provisional Council:
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth by the Western Coalition Charter?

Name of Military:
Branches of Military:

Does your nation have an IIwiki page as of yet?
RP example:

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:58 pm

How about we just use the WC app, take out these questions:

Retroactive laws (i.e. punishing someone for doing an action in the past when it was legal at the time)
Political Freedoms ranking (found on your homepage, and must be average or higher):
Civil Rights ranking (also on your homepage, and also must be average or higher):

and add these:

How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state? (Far-Left/Left/Center-Left/Center/Center-Right/Right/Far-Right):
Is your Government by the people (exercised either directly or through elected representatives)?
Economic System:
Reason for Joining:

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Bratislav wrote:How about we just use the WC app, take out these questions:

and add these:

Economic System:
Reason for Joining:
Seconded

Proud Esquarian!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates