NATION

PASSWORD

Merger between IFA and WC (OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luepola
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luepola » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:51 am

ooc edit: mandatory message telling you you are now on page 3

Bratislav wrote:Hence, I believe we can draft the preliminary mission and philosophy of the new merged alliance as such:

-snip-

Graisa spoke up. "I like it. Very well written. However, will there be anything implemented concerning the aid or defense of non-members?"
Last edited by Luepola on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The 'e' is silent.
Riding the Trump Train to the White House

Pro: Absolute Freedom of Speech
i am a trigendered female trans-arab jedi knight please use incorrect pronouns

Anti: Political Correctness, Abuses of Power

Enough is enough.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:04 am

Bratislav wrote:

"Of course. We can have optional economic pacts that are available to all alliance members, but definitely not required. A ministry of economy will be established to create such economic pacts for willing nations."

"Excellent. With this condition, the Valaran Empire shall support this merger wholeheartedly, and urges other members to do the same. Anyone who still has doubts should bring them forward, otherwise I believe we should focus on the goverwntal structure of the new allaince."
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:25 am

Luepola wrote:ooc edit: mandatory message telling you you are now on page 3

Bratislav wrote:Hence, I believe we can draft the preliminary mission and philosophy of the new merged alliance as such:

-snip-

Graisa spoke up. "I like it. Very well written. However, will there be anything implemented concerning the aid or defense of non-members?"

this time it was Seward who spoke:

"Seconded. I also approve the draft and commend those who wrote it. Similarly I also must ask this point to be clarified, along with our general international stance."
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:53 am

"I am happy that our two members find the proposed philosophy/mission of the proposed alliance. This is basically our constitution and the fundamental framework on which our alliance is founded.
Luepola wrote:ooc edit: mandatory message telling you you are now on page 3

-snip-

"No. There shall be no aid or defense of non-members on behalf of the alliance. Member countries may help non-members, but the alliance as a whole should only work to help fellow alliance members."

"I would like to highlight. Our alliance will not work to attack our enemies or ideological rivals. We are purely concerned about defense. Nor do we wish to legislate laws or policies on our fellow member states. We are not the EU. We may have some military regulations, but that will be done more in helping to reform the members' militaries and won't be imposed. We don't want this alliance to impose on our fellow countries, rather be a community for like-minded countries that want to be under this security umbrella. We may partake in peace-keeping/humanitarian missions but that will be entirely voluntary. We want to be a force of peace in the world, a force to maintain stability within our member-countries, and a humanitarian force that stands against the many dangers in this world like terrorism and extremism."
Last edited by Bratislav on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Asilian
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Asilian » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:42 pm

OOC: Excuse the absence delegates, but could someone please brief me on all that has happened so far?

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Asilian wrote:OOC: Excuse the absence delegates, but could someone please brief me on all that has happened so far?

Sorry, that's me.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Asilian wrote:OOC: Excuse the absence delegates, but could someone please brief me on all that has happened so far?

Sorry, that's me.

We are finalizing the official mission statement of the combined alliance. Here is the preliminary text:

The Alliance's essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.The Alliance believes in democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict. The Alliance is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity (Rapid Reaction Force) needed to undertake crisis-management operations. The Rapid Reaction Force is a force composed of military contributions of fellow IFA members - it serves to directly aid in the defence of member-states. The Alliance is committed to the principle that an attack against one or several members is considered as an attack against all. The Core Tasks of the Alliance are collective defence, crisis-management and cooperative security. In all, The Alliance stands as a security organization for moderate nations that values democracy and freedom. We stand as an alliance opposed to extremism, authoritarianism, terrorism, and communism. We accept countries into the alliance who similarly value these ideals and strive for a society that is based on the principles of freedom, liberty, and democratic governance.

Vanitan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Mr. Bergorev,
I've drafted a new flag

I hope you like It, I can add the official title once you are finished with the naming process

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Elemental North wrote:
Sorry, that's me.

We are finalizing the official mission statement of the combined alliance. Here is the preliminary text:

The Alliance's essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.The Alliance believes in democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict. The Alliance is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity (Rapid Reaction Force) needed to undertake crisis-management operations. The Rapid Reaction Force is a force composed of military contributions of fellow IFA members - it serves to directly aid in the defence of member-states. The Alliance is committed to the principle that an attack against one or several members is considered as an attack against all. The Core Tasks of the Alliance are collective defence, crisis-management and cooperative security. In all, The Alliance stands as a security organization for moderate nations that values democracy and freedom. We stand as an alliance opposed to extremism, authoritarianism, terrorism, and communism. We accept countries into the alliance who similarly value these ideals and strive for a society that is based on the principles of freedom, liberty, and democratic governance.

This is not a mission statement. This is a bullet-pointed list of ideals. That's the beginning of a mission statement, but it is not what should be finalized. The flag is okay. I would like something a bit better, but that's just me. I can attempt to make the flag if you give me the lion and the stars. So yes, this "statement" needs to be taken down to just a few sentences, not an entire paragraph, it's our mission, not our dying opus.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:

This is not a mission statement. This is a bullet-pointed list of ideals. That's the beginning of a mission statement, but it is not what should be finalized. The flag is okay. I would like something a bit better, but that's just me. I can attempt to make the flag if you give me the lion and the stars. So yes, this "statement" needs to be taken down to just a few sentences, not an entire paragraph, it's our mission, not our dying opus.

Understandable, what would you take out then? The aim is to have a paragraph that summarizes our purpose, mission, and philosophy. People are not going to want to read pages of our ideals, but rather a concise paragraph, that's what I was doing with the paragraph that I wrote.

Vanitan wrote:Mr. Bergorev,
I've drafted a new flag

I hope you like It, I can add the official title once you are finished with the naming process
(Image)

It looks nice, but it looks more as a wallpaper than a flag. Plus, we shouldn't put the map of the world since ICly we don't belong to the particular map.

I don't think we should combine the star and lion honestly. I think both logos (lion and star) are great honestly, and we should just pick between the two. Make it simple.

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Elemental North wrote:

Understandable, what would you take out then? The aim is to have a paragraph that summarizes our purpose, mission, and philosophy. People are not going to want to read pages of our ideals, but rather a concise paragraph, that's what I was doing with the paragraph that I wrote.

Vanitan wrote:Mr. Bergorev,
I've drafted a new flag

(Image)

It looks nice, but it looks more as a wallpaper than a flag. Plus, we shouldn't put the map of the world since ICly we don't belong to the particular map.

I don't think we should combine the star and lion honestly. I think both logos (lion and star) are great honestly, and we should just pick between the two. Make it simple.

Do you like the motto?

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Vanitan wrote:
Bratislav wrote:

Do you like the motto?

Yeah sounds nice :)

I personally think though, we should just do a vote between the star and lion. They are both well recognized symbols in NS and combining the two would make the logo a bit to complicated.

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Note "Alliance" will be replaced with whatever name we choose to move forward with

The Alliance's essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

POLITICAL - The Alliance believes in democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict.

MILITARY - The Alliance is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity (Rapid Reaction Force) needed to undertake crisis-management operations.

The Alliance is committed to the principle that an attack against one or several members is considered as an attack against all.

The Core Tasks of the Alliance are collective defence, crisis-management and cooperative security.

The Alliance stands as a security organization for moderate nations that values democracy and freedom. We stand as an alliance opposed to extremism, authoritarianism, terrorism, and communism. We accept countries into the alliance who similarly value these ideals and strive for a society that is based on the principles of freedom, liberty, and democratic governance.

Paragraph Form:

Princess Sarah reads through it "we can accept this"

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 pm

So long as it's short and sweet.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Elemental North wrote:So long as it's short and sweet.

"I think the paragraph touches upon the key points of the merged alliance. Given the nature of our alliance, it is a short and concise mission statement in my view. People won't read pages of our ideology, but will only get to read one paragraph about our alliance."

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Note "Alliance" will be replaced with whatever name we choose to move forward with

The Alliance's essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

POLITICAL - The Alliance believes in democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict.

MILITARY - The Alliance is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity (Rapid Reaction Force) needed to undertake crisis-management operations.

The Alliance is committed to the principle that an attack against one or several members is considered as an attack against all.

The Core Tasks of the Alliance are collective defence, crisis-management and cooperative security.

The Alliance stands as a security organization for moderate nations that values democracy and freedom. We stand as an alliance opposed to extremism, authoritarianism, terrorism, and communism. We accept countries into the alliance who similarly value these ideals and strive for a society that is based on the principles of freedom, liberty, and democratic governance.

Paragraph Form:

"With Muzztopia's concern regarding retaining membership addressed and reading over the draft Flardania approves." Negi answered before getting seated.
Last edited by Flardania on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:28 am

King Marcus Brody, who had previously remained quiet in the conference, spoke up. "I have to agree with Mr. Bergorev. The second design by Mr. Florent doesn't seem...appropriate for the flag of this alliance; it is my personal opinion that the first flag drafted would be better suited for us. However, I personally disagree with the idea to utilize one logo over the other; this could represent one alliance 'annexing the other', instead of a merger in the true sense of the word; to avoid this, I push for both symbols to be included in any official flag or emblem of this new alliance.

As to our mission statement I I find it fantastic, as it covers all the necessary areas while keeping it straight and to the point.
"
Last edited by Gibberan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:50 am

Supreme Chancellor Carl Tobin, who had not said a word so far nodded in agreement at Marcus' words. "Mr. Florent's fllag, though it looks nice, is in my opinion not fitting. On the issue of symbols, I believe a new one should be designed. If we were to vote between the two, it would be a case of the bigger alliance's symbol winning."
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 am

New Carloso wrote:Supreme Chancellor Carl Tobin, who had not said a word so far nodded in agreement at Marcus' words. "Mr. Florent's fllag, though it looks nice, is in my opinion not fitting. On the issue of symbols, I believe a new one should be designed. If we were to vote between the two, it would be a case of the bigger alliance's symbol winning."

Seeing his opportunity to speak, Martin Jones pitched in with his idea of a flag

"May i offer an alternative design? Personally I'm not to keen on using the old symbols, and we'll probably remove them in favour for a new symbol" He said as he handed out a rough draft of the proposed flag

P.S I've yet to purchase photoshop for my new laptop, so please go easy on me *cri
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:03 am

Gibberan wrote:King Marcus Brody, who had previously remained quiet in the conference, spoke up. "I have to agree with Mr. Bergorev. The second design by Mr. Florent doesn't seem...appropriate for the flag of this alliance; it is my personal opinion that the first flag drafted would be better suited for us. However, I personally disagree with the idea to utilize one logo over the other; this could represent one alliance 'annexing the other', instead of a merger in the true sense of the word; to avoid this, I push for both symbols to be included in any official flag or emblem of this new alliance.

As to our mission statement I I find it fantastic, as it covers all the necessary areas while keeping it straight and to the point.
"

"My idea was that possibly we use the logo from one alliance and the name from the other alliance (e.g. United-Continental Airlines Merger), just because I find the Lion and star a bit difficult to combine in a refined form. That being said, I am open to suggestions.

More importantly though, I am very pleased that, his excellency, King Marcus Brody approves of the mission statement. We can move forward in this process as a result."

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:30 am

Liberated Counties wrote:
New Carloso wrote:Supreme Chancellor Carl Tobin, who had not said a word so far nodded in agreement at Marcus' words. "Mr. Florent's fllag, though it looks nice, is in my opinion not fitting. On the issue of symbols, I believe a new one should be designed. If we were to vote between the two, it would be a case of the bigger alliance's symbol winning."

Seeing his opportunity to speak, Martin Jones pitched in with his idea of a flag

"May i offer an alternative design? Personally I'm not to keen on using the old symbols, and we'll probably remove them in favour for a new symbol" He said as he handed out a rough draft of the proposed flag

P.S I've yet to purchase photoshop for my new laptop, so please go easy on me *cri

What is the motto in english?

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:52 am

Vanitan wrote:
Liberated Counties wrote:

What is the motto in english?

Where there is doubt there is freedom? My Latin is rusty...

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:58 am

"So my proposal is that we use the star logo of the Western Coalition, but use the IFA name. The reason is the IFA name has wide recognition and is not tied geographically as"Western" is. Since many countries are not specifically earth-based geographically, 'Western' doesn't mean much. Only in the context of our modern geography. Hence, we should have a more encompassing name like the IFA. "

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:59 am

Bratislav wrote:"So my proposal is that we use the star logo of the Western Coalition, but use the IFA name. The reason is the IFA name has wide recognition and is not tied geographically as"Western" is. Since many countries are not specifically earth-based geographically, 'Western' doesn't mean much. Only in the context of our modern geography. Hence, we should have a more encompassing name like the IFA. "

I Second the motion

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:02 am

Vanitan wrote:
Bratislav wrote:"So my proposal is that we use the star logo of the Western Coalition, but use the IFA name. The reason is the IFA name has wide recognition and is not tied geographically as"Western" is. Since many countries are not specifically earth-based geographically, 'Western' doesn't mean much. Only in the context of our modern geography. Hence, we should have a more encompassing name like the IFA. "

I Second the motion

That is how United Airlines and Continental Airlines merged. The combined airlines uses 'United' and uses the logo of Continental.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates