NATION

PASSWORD

Merger between IFA and WC (OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luepola
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luepola » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:52 am

pagina ocho, mis expletivos

The New Lowlands wrote:6.5 grendel = best main rifle ammunition
Use NATO rounds sizes for everything else.

We'll just have to figure out how we can get the nations with soviet equipment to fire that round, considering Brat, and likely more than a few others, use soviet equipment. Maybe just distribute Grendel-firing rifles within the RRF itself.
The 'e' is silent.
Riding the Trump Train to the White House

Pro: Absolute Freedom of Speech
i am a trigendered female trans-arab jedi knight please use incorrect pronouns

Anti: Political Correctness, Abuses of Power

Enough is enough.

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Luepola wrote:pagina ocho, mis expletivos

The New Lowlands wrote:6.5 grendel = best main rifle ammunition
Use NATO rounds sizes for everything else.

We'll just have to figure out how we can get the nations with soviet equipment to fire that round, considering Brat, and likely more than a few others, use soviet equipment. Maybe just distribute Grendel-firing rifles within the RRF itself.

or we can set up some type of Alliance "money pot"that can be distributed to nation in need of modernization so they have the funding to purchase new weapons capable of firing the official round sizes

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:54 pm

None of my small arms use 6.5. It's 6.8mm or nothing.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Vanitan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Muzztopia wrote:
Luepola wrote:pagina ocho, mis expletivos

or we can set up some type of Alliance "money pot"that can be distributed to nation in need of modernization so they have the funding to purchase new weapons capable of firing the official round sizes

I really like this idea.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Vanitan wrote:
Muzztopia wrote:or we can set up some type of Alliance "money pot"that can be distributed to nation in need of modernization so they have the funding to purchase new weapons capable of firing the official round sizes

I really like this idea.

Likewise, and I'm also fine with establishing standardised equipment/ammunition. Nice ideas everyone :)

Just to disgress slightly and ask if anyone else has ideas/concerns they wish to bring up. Don't have to talk about them just yet, but it would be good to know the remaining issues to iron out.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:26 pm

I am honestly indifferent about the type/types of ammunition we use/do not use. Never known much about guns anyway except shooting them :p

We should move on to the more important issues though, unless there aren't any left that we can't iron out later.

And I know this is a bit late, but I think Secretary-General would be a good title for Brat and I.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Gibberan wrote:I am honestly indifferent about the type/types of ammunition we use/do not use. Never known much about guns anyway except shooting them :p

We should move on to the more important issues though, unless there aren't any left that we can't iron out later.

And I know this is a bit late, but I think Secretary-General would be a good title for Brat and I.

Well I personally thought your official title should be Grand Poobah :p

But yeah any major concerns left by anyone? About the structure? Or the goals of the alliance?
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Valaran wrote:
Vanitan wrote:
I really like this idea.

Likewise, and I'm also fine with establishing standardised equipment/ammunition. Nice ideas everyone :)

Just to disgress slightly and ask if anyone else has ideas/concerns they wish to bring up. Don't have to talk about them just yet, but it would be good to know the remaining issues to iron out.

I Can't think of anything major at this point. :P
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:32 pm

I think it would be best if we had an account called the IFC Administeators or something to be shared by the two founders and the interior minister.

Or was that decided already?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Flardania wrote:
Valaran wrote:

I Can't think of anything major at this point. :P

No worries, I couldn't think of much either :)

Though did we ever finalise the alliance logo (obviously a vitally important topic)?

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Gibberan wrote:I think it would be best if we had an account called the IFC Administeators or something to be shared by the two founders and the interior minister.

I'm not sure if it was so yeah you could do that... or it might just be easier to have you 3 run it with your own nations (less hassle in my view). But both work, I don't feel strongly about it :)

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Someone brief me on the situation.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Gibberan wrote:I am honestly indifferent about the type/types of ammunition we use/do not use. Never known much about guns anyway except shooting them :p

Yeah, Secretary General works.

I think we still haven't finalized the list of positions. Also logistical things, like in what thread we would run the combined alliance. I think since IFA has more members, and lately has been more active maybe we could in the existing IFA thread, or if people think is better a new thread, not sure.

We haven't decided on the logo either :P
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:29 pm

Gibberan wrote:I think it would be best if we had an account called the IFC Administeators or something to be shared by the two founders and the interior minister.

The thing is I think people like knowing with whom they are interacting: you, me or the interior minister. Obviously everyone will know us two are the Secretary-Generals and the Interior Minister will highlight it in his sig.

Globus
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Can the new alliance consist of multiple threads? Examples.
  • Application Thread
  • Alliance Discussion Thread (Things related to the alliance)
  • Non-Alliance Discussion Thread (Off-topic)
  • Election Thread
  • Council/Meeting Thread

If we only have one thread, there will be much clutter in it, and making it hard to keep up with things in the alliance. Multiple threads will make it easier to find something we are looking for and make it easier to talk about certain things.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Globus wrote:Can the new alliance consist of multiple threads? Examples.
  • Application Thread
  • Election Thread
  • Council/Meeting Thread

If we only have one thread, there will be much clutter in it, and making it hard to keep up with things in the alliance. Multiple threads will make it easier to find something we are looking for and make it easier to talk about certain things.

In essence something along these lines is my view, though I feel some of these can be merged.

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:51 pm

• Application Thread
  • Election Thread
  • Council/Meeting Thread

Well the Council Thread will be separate. However, I am in favor of having Signup and OOC talk in one place and that being the main thread like IFA and WC have done. That is key to keeping up activity. Trust me. Once you separate all the threads like that it gets less active.

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Valaran wrote:
  • Application Thread
  • Election Thread
  • Council/Meeting Thread

In essence something along these lines is my view, though I feel some of these can be merged.

Agreed like Elections and Council/Meeting Thread can easily be combined

Versail
Negotiator

Founded: May 21, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:55 pm

To anwser the question someone had it was 5.56X.45mm.
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.
http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/2499

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Bratislav wrote:
  • Application Thread
  • Election Thread
  • Council/Meeting Thread

Well the Council Thread will be separate. However, I am in favor of having Signup and OOC talk in one place and that being the main thread like IFA and WC have done. That is key to keeping up activity. Trust me. Once you separate all the threads like that it gets less active.

Speaking as recruitment minister I agree with this as well; it does reduce activity if they separate. For example, the UL recently split the discussion and sign up threads and the clutter remained, but new apps decreased.
And I do find it easier to keep up to date with those 2 combined.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:03 pm

Valaran wrote:
Bratislav wrote:

Speaking as recruitment minister I agree with this as well; it does reduce activity if they separate. For example, the UL recently split the discussion and sign up threads and the clutter remained, but new apps decreased.

If anyone need more proof, I refer you to the NSG. The biggest government RP in a game about RP'ing as a government. They separated all of their threads, now things are hard as hell to find, and it is super cluttered, mostly with questions people ask on how to get to somewhere, and their numbers after that, almost got so low that they nearly ended it.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Valaran wrote:Speaking as recruitment minister I agree with this as well; it does reduce activity if they separate. For example, the UL recently split the discussion and sign up threads and the clutter remained, but new apps decreased.

If anyone need more proof, I refer you to the NSG. The biggest government RP in a game about RP'ing as a government. They separated all of their threads, now things are hard as hell to find, and it is super cluttered, mostly with questions people ask on how to get to somewhere, and their numbers after that, almost got so low that they nearly ended it.

I concur.

Centralization is good in this case.

We should keep it as we have had it, because with that format we had good success. Notice how in every thread I link to all the other threads at the top.

-Sign-up/OOC thread
-Council Thread (IC)
-News thread (just for posting news articles regarding events in member countries)
and elections can take place in either the OOC thread or Council Thread.
Last edited by Bratislav on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:12 pm

I also believe we should not make entirely new threads, but rather integrate everything in the exist IFA threads (I will do all the changes). We already have a good infrastructure, why build a whole new thread from scratch?

Of course given WC agrees.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Bratislav wrote:
Elemental North wrote:

I concur.

We should keep it as we have had it, because with that format we had good success. Notice how in every thread I link to all the other threads at the top.

-Sign-up/OOC thread
-Council Thread (IC)
-News thread (just for posting news articles regarding events in member countries)

Yeah, that was super freaking convinient. I knew, in the I.F.A threads, that if ever I needed to find something, I could just go back to the OP and Brat would've posted a link in it for what I was looking for! :) So thank you to him, for saving me countless hours of madness. :)
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:
I concur.

-Sign-up/OOC thread
-Council Thread (IC)

Yeah, that was super freaking convinient. I knew, in the I.F.A threads, that if ever I needed to find something, I could just go back to the OP and Brat would've posted a link in it for what I was looking for! :) So thank you to him, for saving me countless hours of madness. :)

You're welcome, happy someone appreciates my always posting the links in the OPs :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates