NATION

PASSWORD

Merger between IFA and WC (OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Sounds good.

Status of IFA-WC Merger talks

• Philosophy/Mission (FINALIZED)
    The Alliance's essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.The Alliance believes in democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict. The Alliance is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity (Rapid Reaction Force) needed to undertake crisis-management operations. The Rapid Reaction Force is a force composed of military contributions of fellow IFA members - it serves to directly aid in the defence of member-states. The Alliance is committed to the principle that an attack against one or several members is considered as an attack against all. The Core Tasks of the Alliance are collective defence, crisis-management and cooperative security. In all, The Alliance stands as a security organization for moderate nations that values democracy and freedom. We stand as an alliance opposed to extremism, authoritarianism, terrorism, and communism. We accept countries into the alliance who similarly value these ideals and strive for a society that is based on the principles of freedom, liberty, and democratic governance.
  • Application Form (FINALIZED)
    Basics:
    Formal Nation Name:
    Head of State:
    Head of Government:
    Military Size: (_/10)
    Nuclear Arsenal (if any):
    Goals (optional):
    Capital city:
    National Creation and Brief History of your nation:
    Language:
    Demonym:
    Economic System:

Does your nation have...
    Freedom of speech
    Freedom of conscience
    Freedom of assembly
    Freedom of religion
    Freedom of movement
    The right to a fair trial
    Universal adult suffrage
    Racial discrimination
    Religious discrimination
    Gender discrimination
    LGBT discrimination
    Laws to prevent racial/religious/gender/LGBT discrimination
    Slavery
    Is your Government by the people (exercised either directly or through elected representatives)?
    How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state? (Far-Left/Left/Center-Left/Center/Center-Right/Right/Far-Right):

Name of Ambassador to the Council:
    Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth by the Alliance's Charter?

Name of Military:
    Branches of Military:
    What other military alliances are you a part of:

Does your nation have an IIwiki page as of yet?
    RP example:
    Reason for Joining:
  • Governance Structure/Council (Pending)
  • Alliance Name: International Freedom Coalition (FINALIZED)
  • Alliance Logo (Pending)
  • Logistics (Where the main thread will be, elections, etc) (Pending)
Last edited by Bratislav on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Globus
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Just wanted to put my logo ideas together. Logo 3 is new and is most unique so far.

EDIT Added:
Last edited by Globus on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vanitan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:50 pm

So do we have to re apply?

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Vanitan wrote:So do we have to re apply?

Of course not.

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Vanitan wrote:So do we have to re apply?

No we don't because we are already members

Globus wrote:Just wanted to put my logo ideas together. Logo 3 is new and is most unique so far.

I like logo 2

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Globus wrote:Just wanted to put my logo ideas together. Logo 3 is new and is most unique so far.

I like Logo 1 the best out of the mix, however, the star is a bit low quality it seems.

What if we put the WC Star (http://vector-magz.com/wp-content/uploa ... 00x286.png)

in a green wreath?

Globus
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Bratislav wrote:

I like Logo 1 the best out of the mix, however, the star is a bit low quality it seems.

What if we put the WC Star (http://vector-magz.com/wp-content/uploa ... 00x286.png)

in a green wreath?

I'll see if I can fix the quality of the star, and see if I can incorporate the WC star into the designs.
Last edited by Globus on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Logo 4: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=304270&p=20930490#p20930490

My vote is for 3 or 4
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Some of my proposals

Logo 1

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4
Last edited by Bratislav on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vanitan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Bratislav wrote:Some of my proposals

Logo 1

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4

1, I was thinking of a compass

Muzztopia
Minister

Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Logo 1

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4

I like logo 1 and 2, logo 4 makes look a little too world police-y (I know its not a word) and I think I have seen something close to option 3 used before

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Logo 1

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4

Logo 1, second looks a little, like something you'd see at a Skinhead rally.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Logo 1

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4

I don't know if only I notice this being a Seattle Mariners fan but, logo one Screams Seattle Mariners Logo. :rofl:

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:40 pm

I like logo 2 the most honestly (of my own logos), it's simple and visually appealing.

Last edited by Bratislav on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:11 am

Bratislav wrote:I like logo 2 the most honestly (of my own logos), it's simple and visually appealing.

(Image)

It also look like a pentagram. :p

What about this one:

I also approve of the MS and the App. Good work everyone!

I'd also like to know what the positions for our government will be in this new IFC and if any of each respective coalition government will keep their current positions.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 am

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:I like logo 2 the most honestly (of my own logos), it's simple and visually appealing.

(Image)

What about this one:

I'd also like to know what the positions for our government will be in this new IFC and if any of each respective coalition government will keep their current positions.

Amazing!!! I like, Good Job on that logo!

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:14 am

Flardania wrote:
Elemental North wrote:

What about this one:

Amazing!!! I like, Good Job on that logo!

Thank you very much! :)
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 am

Elemental North wrote:

(Image)

What about this one:

This is something I feel we should discuss after logos have been decided
Should elections be held?

Also I number 2 of globus' logos the best :)

( though EN's and Brat's first one also work for me)
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:13 am

Elemental North wrote:

(Image)

What about this one:

Nice job EN, I approve!
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:45 am

Bratislav wrote:

in a green wreath?

Same here. I think the WC star would look kind of weird in a wreath (blue-gray doesn't look so good with green), but I'd have to see it first, since I can only picture it in my head.

Logo 1

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4
Logo 1 seems the best to me, although it does have some similarity to NATO's IIRC. 3 also seems good.

And I think 4 is the logo of the Chilean national football/soccer team. :p
Elemental North wrote:

(Image)

What about this one:

This looks amazing!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Muzztopia
Minister

Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:50 am

Elemental North wrote:

(Image)

What about this one:

amazing you did a really good job

Bratislav
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:16 am

I like EN's logo, but for some reason the logo doesn't remind me of a strong military alliance, rather a human rights organization or charity organization.

I think the issue that is most difficult to reconcile in this merger is the logo :p

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Bratislav wrote:I like EN's logo, but for some reason the logo doesn't remind me of a strong military alliance, rather a human rights organization or charity organization.

I think the issue that is most difficult to reconcile in this merger is the logo :p

Thank you all for your support, and I did move to the more peace inclined sort of design. We do not want people to be shied away from our alliance because they assume we will demand some sort of military action on their part. We must allow them to gain the feeling from everything we emulate, logos included, that they may join, contribute, and benefit from the I.F.C, but-unless they believe and want to do it, not have to automatically become a war-mongering, or militarily inclined nation.

Marketing is everything! ;) :p
Last edited by Elemental North on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Bratislav wrote:I like EN's logo, but for some reason the logo doesn't remind me of a strong military alliance, rather a human rights organization or charity organization.

Thank you all for your support, and I did move to the more peace inclined sort of design. We do not want people to be shied away from our alliance because they assume we will demand some sort of military action on their part. We must allow them to gain the feeling from everything we emulate, logos included, that they may join, contribute, and benefit from the I.F.C, but-unless they believe and want to do it, not have to automatically become a war-mongering, or militarily inclined nation.

Marketing is everything! ;) :p

U sound like a business major ;) :clap:
I second that view.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates