NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 32 - Contest Thread (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Lyonsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

WorldVision Song Contest 32 - Contest Thread (IC)

Postby Lyonsland » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:55 pm

7:00PM Nordanian Summer Time
Gronbis Exhibition Centre, Gronbis, Lyonsland
As the last bunch of the 18,000 spectators filed in to claim their seats to the biggest head exploding, dingo-crashing, high pitched and overall craziest musical extravaganza, the security personnel looked around one last time to make sure no suspicious activity could take place, especially from The Ultimate Evil and Gregoryisgodistan supporters. There was an immense atmosphere as the fans got ready to wave their flags and banners, sing along to the songs and to scream until they couldn't speak the following morning. Finally, a dramatic 60 second countdown clock appears on the stage and the video screens around the arena. Fireworks began setting off in and out of the arena, signalling the start of the opening act which welcomes back a familiar face.

OPENING ACT
Sierra Foster
"United Tonight"

Tune: Helena Paparizou - "Mambo"

Sierra is wearing a plain white dress. Sierra appears on the Gronbis Docklands as she begins the song. She is on her way onto the stage inside the arena and is followed by more than sixty flag-bearers in native costumes with Sierra bearing the Lyonese flag. As well as the flag bearers, there are six dancers at the front alongside Sierra. Three are positioned either side of her. Sierra also pulls off some small dance moves.

Tonight we're united
Let's all act as one!
Put aside all the fights
And let's have some fun!

Let's go, Let's go, Let's go
You're invited too
Feel the rhythem in your toes
And in your head too!

At this point, Sierra is now a quarter of the way to the stage. On the TV broadcast, cameras are consistently switching back and fourth between the fireworks, the audience, the flag bearers, the arena and of course - Sierra. On stage, all of the competing artists arrive on the stage and begin to dance with each other.
So come on!
Show me your the best
Better than the rest
Make sure you're the champion tonight!

As the song enters the chorus, epileptic viewers are warned with an on-screen message to warn them of strobe lighting effects in the chorus. Dozens more flag-bearers enter from behind with four holding each flag, all of which are raised in the air now giving one of the top cameras a birds eye view of the flags as they enter the arena. Sierra is finally on the stage.
Hey hey hey! We're are united tonight!
United tonight!
So move your body
So celebrate
United tonight!

United tonight!

Pyrotechnics blast off in the arena which excites the crowd. As some of the countries names feature in the next verse, Sierra runs up to each of the mentioned flags and does cheesy dance moves with the flag-bearers holding those flags.
Vampirum to Quebec
Luziyca to Kish
Missus and Mister X
Zwangzug and Tödliche!

Travelling across the world
To preach unity
Party like it's your last night
Baby can't you see

There's a world
That we have to live
Take it as you breathe
Living life's as easy as it seems!

Sierra now begins dancing with the artists who begin singing the chorus alongside Sierra. The flag-bearers begin climbing ladders to a metal ring which hangs above the arena. They each hang their flags up on the ring. Once each country performs/votes, their flag will glow on the ring.
United tonight!
We are together
Let's party hard
United tonight!

A rooftop camera starts to pan in on Sierra in the middle of the artists. When it cuts back to a normal view, the artists flock behind Sierra to perform a synchronised flash mob which Sierra fronts.
Let's rise up
And show the world some love
Make it last the night
It may be your last chance!
Ignore what they say
Do it anyway
You can make a change!

Once the verse ends, the flash mob ends too and the artists resume to their random dancing and miming singing. The flag-bearers return from the top of the arena to join Sierra, the backing dancers and the artists in a rather amazingly good colossal mess of a dance routine.
United tonight!
We are together
Let's party hard
United tonight!

United tonight!
We are together
Let's party hard
United tonight!

The whole audience begins to cheer as pyrotechnics go into overdrive as the song concludes. Confetti falls on the stage and everyone seems to look incredibly happy. At the end of the performance, Sierra runs up to the top of the stage where she presses a huge big white button. This button officially declares the contest open!
Hey hey hey! United Tonight!
Hey hey hey! United Tonight!

As the floor personnel are rushed onto the stage to clear the dust and the confetti. The theme tune for the show begins playing, and while it does the cameras film some of the fans. Some of them even use their 5 seconds of fame to snog their partners. The audience is then distracted by a podium rising from the ground, rising high above the arena. Once a searchlight flashes over the podium, it is revealed that this evening's two hosts are standing on the podium - Lora Arnsladd and Cormik Lån Orgtil.

Lora: Good evening and welcome to the 32nd WorldVision Song Contest live from Gronbis, Lyonsland!
Cormik: It's really only fitting to host the contest in the country who's trying to defend their title. As you just saw, we witnessed a whole new side to Sierra Foster, who gave a soulful and emotional performance to win the last WorldVision Song Contest.
Lora: Indeed Cormack! Tonight, billions of people's attention will be on Gronbis, the small seaside city hosting the world's biggest non-sporting competition!
Cormik: But unlike not having a say in the football, even if everyone hates the outcome, you have a say in the WorldVision's outcome!
Lora: Well, that is if you aren't from Gregoryisgodistan!
The audience precedes to laugh, although the crowd from Gregoryisgodistan don't look too happy and are quite confused as to what Lora meant.

Cormik: All joking a side, most countries are operating a televote system where you can cast your very own vote! Look out for numbers to call on the screen during the show, and listen to your commentator too. However, don't vote until all the acts have performed!
Lora: And with that,
Lora and Cormik: Let the 32nd WorldVision Song Contest begin!
Stage Picture (Bar song info template)
The stage has a massive 60-foot high video wall, with dozens of searchlights either side and above the wall. The large metal ring above the stage features the flags of all competing countries and the country flag will glow when the country is performing/voting. Eight large non-paned boxes are able to hold backing dancers, musicians or small orchestras and can be either on the ground or suspended in the air.
Last edited by Lyonsland on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyonsland, Esquarium's favourite Celtic-Nordic federal kingdom!

Lyonsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyonsland » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:57 pm

THE SONGS

01 - United Regions of Verona
Yara Muskov - "Wild"
|Performance|Postcard|Graphic|Votes|

02 - The Ultimate Evil
Hellhole Metropolitan Choir, Hellhole Philharmonic Orchestra, Molly-Jana Konstantin, FYGA, Old Man Jim and Crazy Frank - "Yakostani Heart(Stormhumper)-Crack"

03 - Britonisea
Tess Phillipa - "A Man Who Pushed Me Down The Stairs"

04 - Missus X
Rick Leg - "By Golly"

05 - Ekoz
Jaime Aruama - "Party"

06 - Rutthenia
Natallia Pavlovskaya - "Having Fun"

07 - Tödlichebujoku
Veli Pinheiro - "Cyanide Eyes"

08 - Luziyca
Nancy Jennings - "Longing For Home"

09 - Calusie
Loli Amaeurr - "The Lives Of Those"

10 - Polkopia
Trish - "Uh Oh"

11 - Gregoryisgodistan
Singer J81930ZP - "Heathens Never Learn"

12 - KwaDai
Celine Mayeux - "It's Amazing"

13 - Yttribia
absolute.ly fantastic - "Unnamed Song"

14 - Kishrael
Maya Levina - "Thunder And Lightning"

15 - The Royal Kingdom of Québec
Repave - "Dayfall"

16 - The Jasminia Islands
Christine Solé - "You Belong With Me"

17 - Alinghi Federal Democratic Republic
Angelika Brown & Thomas Row - "Without"

18 - The Sarian
Vidi ft. The National Choir - "Sing Together"

19 - Takatashi
Lin Hatsune - "Blowing Wind"

20 - Nekoni
Tekka ft. Elizabeth McKaelin - "Fly Away"

21 - Elke and Elba
Helga Tolvardóttir Norrland - "What The Hell"
|Performance|Postcard|Graphic|
Votes
|

22 - Communist Quinntopia
Akilina Sokolov - "Eternal"

23 - Titaniumland
Paul & Raul Rodenstock - "Keep on Fallin"

24 - Northern Sunrise Islands
TBA

25 - Bojanese Islands
Klautie Lerenem ft. Zircuoaddaz - "Nem łid lat łima"

26 - Ciliarmenia
Eva Stepanian - "What About My Heart"

27 - Lymantatia
TBA

28 - Francilie
Emilie Emesterel - "Un"

29 - Svalvogar
The Broken Timemachine - "Hlauptu"

30 - Free Republics
Herman Maslov - TBA

31 - Bloodbath Generation
Adelina - "Chasing The Sun"

32 - Mister X
The Kumquats - "Stuck? Aching? Water Cam!"
Last edited by Lyonsland on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lyonsland, Esquarium's favourite Celtic-Nordic federal kingdom!

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:58 pm

United Regions of Verona

Yara Muskov - Wild
Tune: Lena - Stardust

Yara walks out onto the stage, wearing a white blouse, a navy skirt and cyan high heels, her brown hair in a fishtail braid. Cheers erupted from the Veronans in the crowd, however not much from the foreign crowd, mainly due to last years fail entry dubbed even by the national broadcaster RTV, which later collapsed to be overtaken by the Pan-Veronan Network, as the "Veronan Propaganda Song". She was here to change that. The light shut off, and a spotlight followed Yara as she stood in the centre of the stage, staring dead straight into the crowd, a grin on her face. The music began and she began singing.

I watched you, as you pack up and leaving me,
with nothing but formerly yours and now mine house,
oh and a battered old car from the 80's,
leaving me here, and I finally return to being my wild, wild self

Yara twirls on the stage, her braid flying around her head, and she walks towards the edge of the stage, still grinning, swinging her arms, twirls yet again as she reaches the edge, and she begins to sing again,

I run, run, run through the forest, desert, anywhere,
reaching for anything, eating what I like, moving on, my wild self,
trying new things, my wild, wild, wild self, I lie down on the ground,
cloud-watching, doing many things to unleash me,

Yara now actually hops down onto the edge, sitting on the edge, her legs swinging around in the crowd,

I drive down endless countryside roads, passing mountains,
villages, farms, cities, I throw all my useless clothes out the window as I drive,
laughing, speeding, being me, having fun, being wild me is now my prime goal,
for nothing can change me-me-me!

Yara uses her left arm to high five a supporter of another nation, and her grin becomes bigger and happier, and she begins singing again, crossing her legs,

[align-center]Yara fiddles a bit with her braid, placing it back on her back, after it had been tossed by the quick jump down onto the edge onto her shoulder,[/align]

I run down the beach, over the sand, the waves pushing against my legs,
soaking my legs and feet, but I don't care, because I'm me, who I want to be,
wild me, wild, wild me, oh god it's also night, but hey, do I care?
I look up at the stars as I run down on sandy wet legs,

Yara hops up, and walks a bit down the edge of the stage, and sits down on a different part of the stage's edge, with a few Veronan flags waving in this area, and she begins to sing again,

She crosses her legs again, and high fives yet another eager Veronan fan, her grin yet again becoming larger and happier looking,

I run through peoples back gardens,
jumping over the fence to someone else's, smelling flowers as I pass quickly,
and back to my little old house, for my wild, wild, wild heart and self is hungry,
so I get a take-away

[align=centerYara shakes hand with someone in the crowd, of course she was still sitting down, so they had their hand flailing in the air,[/align]

Yara grabs her braid, and undoes it, her brown hair now flowing freely,

The music ends, and the lights return to normal. Yara, before hopping up, blows a kiss into the crowd, and hops up, runs to the centre of the stage and bows, and shouts out "Thank you Gronbis and the rest of the world!" and runs off, waving as she runs.
Last edited by United Regions of Verona on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

The Ultimate Evil
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ultimate Evil » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:59 pm

OOC: Now done. Yay :lol:

2. The Ultimate Evil
Yakostani Heart(Stormhumper)-Crack
Hellhole Metropolitan Choir, Hellhole Philharmonic Orchestra, Molly-Jana Konstantin, FYGA, Old Man Jim and Crazy Frank
Melodies: Beating Heart, Ellie Goulding
Molly, Tyga ft. Wiz Khalifa, Mally Mall, Cedric Gervais
Languages: Chinese, English, Finnish, Latin, Maori, Spanish, Swedish, Zulu

The Evilean delegation, numbered 148 in total, was waiting at the Green Room. Johann Gelinas, the half-Luziycan choral director and primary conductor of the Hellhole Metropolitan Choir, was leading 36 strong members of the Hellhole Metropolitan Choir(6 Sopranos, 9 Altos, 9 Tenors, 12 Bass), who were picked out of their singing talents from the rulling street gangsters of the Capital City of The Ultimate Evil, for their pre-performance warmup. They were as ready as they could be, and followed what their conductor wanted them to do.

Crazy Frank meanwhile was sitting in one corner, snorting crack cocaine from his own case that he had it brought to here as well. Aged 40, he’s a formerly convicted Mental Patient from Castle Robin, Yakostan. A convicted serial killer and rapist, Frank was convicted on 16 charges of murder and 18 of rape, and pleaded insanity in court to get out of going in jail for life. Unfortunately, he ended up going actually mad in jail. Since the closing of his mental hospital following the first-round elimination from short-lived Voice of NS, he managed to get a job with the Evilean Government as an executioner and torturer, as well as a professional singer. After 5 years in his paradise that is TUE, he was selected by the glorious president to represent The Ultimate Evil in its comeback to WorldVision after 5-edition absence.

On the other hand, Molly-Jana Konstantin was playing video games (for those who didn’t know, she’s one of the best E-sport athletes in the nation), while 17-year old FYGA was hooking up with a local girl around his age, just by the door. They were not that nervous about performing at all, being a long-time professionals their respective fields. All members of the Evilean Delegacy were seasoned veterans who knew what they were doing, and so to them WV32 looked to be a great opportunity for them to showcase their works.

5 minutes later, the Evilean delegation entered the stage.
The stage looks likethis. Stage was intentionally covered with 15 litres of vodka all over it, as well as lots of couples lying in the ground with their bodies touching, in order to provide the viewers one of the things that happened in a rowdy, Gatsbyesque ballroom party. Some of the other couples, meanwhile, were dancing along the playing an old-timer jazz tunethe Hellhole Philharmonic Orchestra was playing.

Then, once the tune finished, all the lights were turned off and the performers froze. Then, the highlight clips of ‘Execution Song’ was shown through the LED screen for about a minute, with same tune. Once done, there was a loud, penetrating sound of gunshot, ending the wait for everyone.

5 seconds later, the song started with the loud, mystique sound of the intro (OOC: intro of Beating Heart), which was being played by the Hellhole Philharmonic Orchestra, as opposed to on-stage electronic musicians. The lights were back on, before changing from the shades of brown, gold, and then purple.

Around 10 seconds into it, Molly-Jana Konstantin entered the stage, smoking cigarettes right in her mouth. After finishing the cigar, she blew the smoke into the air, while throwing the cigar into the very front of the stage. As the fire was still set in the cigar, the wooden floor of the stage was on very slowly-moving fire, providing a light layer of fire between audience and M-J.

She closed her eyes and sang the words in Pianissimo, trying not to spoil the mystic vibe of the song. Into the third line the LED screen and the boxes show a shadowy-presence of 37 Pervert Chasers, an authentic product of Gregoryisgodistani system, who were the members of the Hellhole Metropolitan Choir being dressed in such fashion for performances.

Darkness shrouds the floor in difficulties
With sparkling wine and mixing bodies
And We all know that the Pervert Chasers are outside
Yet you’re so calm, as if you don’t give a s***

She added a little bit more sense of desperation and insecurity into her voice, increasing the dynamics to Mezzo Forte. Around the same time, a shabbily but disturbingly charismatic man in a straight jacket stormed to the stage and touched her(as part of the stage act)face as she sang the last line. The audience were surprised and somewhat happy as they realised who's the very man on the stage: Crazy Frank! :)

But we don’t know when they’ll break into the door
With their rams of fiery communism
But we know that once opened it’s done
We can only kiss each other goodbye

Molly-Jana increased the volume, singing much louder and stronger for the chorus. Orchestra did the same, trying their best to harmonise with her while producing nice background music. The background lights changed from purple to white, providing the contrast of the pale lights and darkness around the stage. Just as she sang the third line, thousands of coconuts and a sticky liquid poured into the stage.
Shortly after that happened, Crazy Frank took his syringe from middle of nowhere and injected the substances into his left arm. He then started to shake and run round in circles, banging his head(with a very long hair) into the air like a rocker.

Wanna hear your Yakostani heart, ce soir
Before the pervert chasers crash the night
I want to spark the hall with coconuts and goo, left to right
And hear my stormhumper’s heart one last time
Right before the break of light

Just as Molly-Jana stopped singing her part of the piece, Crazy Frank took the light, showing off his fake knife to the audience. The man was frothing at the mouth, looking at the audience in some sort of sadistic look. He looked as determined as he could be, as he opened his mouth to sing. He looked even creepier than how he normally looked because the sole light of the stage(the rest were turned off) was focused towards him, in a manner that emphasised his presence.
His steely, sharp voice was contrasting to the sweet, jazzy sound of Molly Jana's voice. Molly-Jana meanwhile went backstage while he was singing.

At the end of second line the audience were able to see the full lair, all staged out. It consisted of several chambers using the boxes and other leftover spaces of the stage that the Evilean stage designers have found use for. On one chamber there's lots of sex toys and underwears, while on some of the others there were bags of "interesting" substances, as well as products made out wool, gruel and coconuts. The LED screens showed nothing. A crunching sound of doors being smashed and soldiers' entrance were heard at the second line however.

Just as we smoke our last of bongs
We saw through the curtains, as they break right in
We run to our lair underneath
Where our secrets were kept, deep within

Crazy Frank began to jump up and down wildly, dribble coming down from his mouth, and continued to sing. As he sang the bright lights of diverse, Lymantatian-style, were shone upon the boxes, showing shadowy forms of Choir members ,who were being dressed in Gregoryisgodistani secret police members, pervert chasers and enemy crushers, right behind the equipments.

While I don’t know when they’ll find our syringes and herd
But I know that they’re right there
Since we are cornered like a lion
It’s not so long before they'll finish our night

Purple stage lights were blasted in every direction for the chorus. In the boxes, Choristers were dancing inside the box, along the choreography of thrillers/zombies in Michael Jackson's Thriller Music Video, as she sang the chorus once again. After a while the each of the dancers took out a bomb and crowbars on fire, as part of stage props. They started to juggle along it, to add the entertainment value. They continued to do this for a while, and kids quickly grew interested in the act.

Wanna hear your Yakostani heart, tonite
Before Enemy Crushers finish us off, alive
I want to set the fire to what remains of the stage
And follow what my stormhumper wants, one last time

All lights, now pale, were aimed at Crazy Frank, as he sang the bridge of the piece. He started it with a Piano, then increased the dynamics to Mezzo-forte, before capping it off in Forte.

We can’t hide no more now it’s only minutes away
Here’s to come our one last glass, to mark our goodbye
Here’s hoping our hearts will touch
Here’s hoping our bodies will collide

Then, the dancers/fake Gregoryisgodistani jumped into Crazy Frank, and continued to dance along the chorus. It was very powerful and emotional, well expressing the hedonism and sadism, two main elements of Evilean society.
He, at the same time, grasped his heart with a hand and lunged it forward, as the choir sang in harmonies to add to the intensity of that very instrumental between the bridge and chorus. Now he was almost in his screamo mode, jumping wildly and pretending to hump.

Wanna hear your Yakostani heart, tonite
Before Enemy Crushers finish us off, alive
I want to make the best of what we have in our Gage/tank
And do what my stormhumper wants, tonight

And of course, for one last time he blasted the highest note possible for him to be a screamo on, while the orchestra played the final notes.

And do what my stormhumper wants, tonight

HOWEVER, the fun part of the night didn't even started. This was just an appetizer and the main meal of the entries didn't even begin.

The stage turned dark for about a minute, before the lights were turned back on. This time, the stage was set on a future-themed club. In the middle of it there was a humanoid(but looks mostly like a human) with a sheep choir. With his very trademark costume and the sheep choir, people instantly realised that it's Old Man Jim,the very infamous guy well known for so many contributions in his previous WorldVision performances! Most of the audience, but especially the Evilean and Yakostani contingent, cheered at his return to the contest and waved at him.
5 seconds later, a car(latest one made by Rolls-Royce) started to approach the centre of the stage, from the west end of the backstage. The humanoid waved at the driver inside, and the car stopped right next to him. The window slowly went down and Old Man Jim asked where his favourite drug was. His voice unfortunately was robotic.

Hi - I am searching for crack
I went from heaven to hell to find it and I still wonder where’s my....

He didn't get to finish his last words.
Suddenly, dangerously green+bright lights and lasers shone and blasted upon everyone. The audience, many of them who went through or watched what happened to those who were exposed to the light, tried to look away as they tried to (and in some cases, successfully) penetrate the audience for 5 seconds. Dry Ice was blown onto the stage for the entire chorus, while after the exceptionally bright lights, FYGA, the very rapper who's behind the wheels, slingshot the bags of a flour-like substance into the crowd, which scores of young children quickly grabbed up and ran off with.

The orchestra started playing the background music and along that, Old Man Jim started to sing the very term for 16 times in what's the simplest chorus ever to debut in a WorldVision song.

Crack, Crack, Crack, Crack, Crack, Crack, Crack, Crack

FYGA opened the door and jumped into the stage like a policeman, wearing a red bodysuit that covers all of his below neck. There's only one thing he wore on top of the bodysuit, and that's his belt, entirely made and carved out of diamonds. With extreme confidence, he started to touch himself in the way that evoked hookers and whores(of both genders) touching him, while rapping. At the same time, a blast of smoke was set off at the back of the stage.

Hookers on my Johnson
I feel it, it’s growing
Can’t stop, I’ve got no options
I’m too cool (for school), you’re still a p****
Yeah that nectar, that's juicy
Very saviour, I got it

Orchestra stopped playing, and FYGA rapped the next two lines without accompaniment. He, while wrapping up the second sentence, injected his dose of crack. He then took the blowtorch out of his pocket, before firing it at the Rolls-Royce right behind him.

I arrive at the gala,
like where the f*** is my cracker

Unlike his competitor in the form of Singer J81930ZP, FYGA and the Evilean delegation didn't care about the local fire code and went ahead as planned. Just as he finished saying the line, the car exploded into millions of pieces. Since the car had several hundred bags of Marijuana, Tobacco, Crack Cocaine and all kinds of drugs. This, in addition to the smoke, produced the very atmosphere resembling that of a typical party hosted in TUE.

He continued to rap, as the orchestra played to the cheerful beats again, while Old Man Jim started to dance madly, like an explosive firecracker. His herd of sheep broke loose and started to roam around the stage. Unfortunately, some of them stepped on the debris and went on a rampage. They jumped into the stage, unveiling their sets of rebuilt, extremely sharp teeth, as they bit some members of audience.

Dopey, filled with money
We toujours f*** with the police
I fly too high for you to catch me
Those heathens, they are nothing

Bunch of Evilean secret service agents jumped into the audience, in order to stop and arrest the herd of sheep. As they tried to catch the sheep, they accidentally used violence against several hundred members of audience, as a part of police brutality.

Back in the stage, Crazy Frank, who was in one of the boxes in highest floor with his freshly-brandished beam, jumped to the heart of the stage. Then both FYGA and Crazy Frank started to hump-dance, while Old Man Jim, who got excited with his friend and fellow countryman coming back, caught his saxophone that's thrown to him by a loyal fan(who's also one of the secret service agents). Now he started to rape the saxophone by playing the melody to such an extent that people tried to cover their ears.

Now they kiss those 69 Jetties(OOC: 69 Jetties are like Air Jordan sneakers in TUE)
All red, they for you to feel it
They hot, just came out of factory
Broke thugs, stop begging me
I don't want your grip for money

On LED Screen, FYGA and the crew riding their Rolls-Royce was shown driving over the deserted highway, as they were approaching to their jamspot, namely a huge nightclub in Downtown Hellhole, capital city of the very nation. Once they arrived, they unleashed their Glocks and machine guns, before threatening it at the people in the nightclub. Once their demands were refused, the shots were fired. All of this happened while FYGA continued to rap, before jumping, with Crazy Frank, into the audience for crowd surfing.

I'm swervin', shootin' fireballs
I ain't got time to look at where they fall
I'm supercharged, don't try me
Charging my glock and ruining your party
Giving my thrusts, while feeding them the nectar
Got too little time, to think about nothin'
I'm on the rampage

The orchestra played the background music in Fortissimo and along that, Old Man Jim sang the chorus once again(but not before throwing his sax into a 7-year old kid, who accepted it as a gift from this global superstar). By now FYGA and Crazy Frank were in middle of the arena enjoying being crowd surfed. Unfortunately, that came at the cost of some members, who were either knocked unconscious by Frankie's diamond beam or got their mentale ruined entirely by the extremely loud volume of the music and/or Crazy Frank screaming at them.

And I can't seem to find,

Once done, the whole stage, including the boxes, were set on fire by pyromaniacs. The crowd cheered wildly, with fireworks and fire setting off from every corners of the stage.
Now done with the performance, everyone in the delegation, including the members of HMC and HPO went back into the front of the stage. A giant bong was brought in from the side of the stage and everyone smoked it wildly.
'THANK YOU!" they screamed with a cackle, and left the stage. The Orchestra followed suit.
Last edited by The Ultimate Evil on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:59 pm

3. Britonisea

"A man who pushed me down the stairs"
by Tess Phillipa

Tune: Is it Right?!

Tess Phillipa is a woman, at a youngish age, and she is a very talented girl. She signed up for WorldVision 32 for fun because her friends dared he to. So she did. Before she knew it, she was the top 5 picked and she went through to the nation's finals. Then she won. She was thrilled. She is singing about "A man who pushed me down the stairs".

This is a true story. She was in her new house when her neighbour came in to have a drink. By the time she knew it she was in hospital. This song tells you about that 30 minutes.

On the way to Gronbis, she was hoping that the song contest was in Britonisea as she lives only 20 minutes away from North Telm, but she was really excited to come to Gronbis. She said she went to Lyonsland in the past, but she didn't enjoy it. Now, she has something to do and somewhere to be. Whilst she is in Gronbis, she wants to check out the new sights, the crystal water and everything Gronbis has.

Finally, Tess Phillipa hopes that she can do better than Garange L'Iwes who came a disappointing 23rd place in WorldVision 31, held in Russadonia.

As she comes out of the green room, she can hear the crowd laughing and screaming "Tess! Tess!". She wasn't happy about performing 3rd. She wanted to perform 1st or last. But she couldn't complain.

Next, Britonisea!

She heard. She was in bandages. To suit the theme. These bandages could rip easily so she walked on the stage very cautiously. 3 Men came up to her and that is when the song started.

What you saying?
What you saying?

The setting suddenly changes in to a kitchen scene and she rips of the bandages. She was wearing a nice red dress. With purple lip stick and blonde high lights in her hair. The Men put on their hats and they look mischevious. On the big LED screens behind us, you can see he kitchen and it looks like there are storms.

I was cooking, in my house.
Then I saw, a little face.
I was wondering,
Who was that.
And I was saying what the crap.
It was funny, who it was.
It was the man, from next door.
He scared the hell, out of me.
He made me really want to pee!

Before the start of the chorus, there was 5 mass lighting effects in the hall where the audience where. The first set of fireworks goes off and it looks as though she changed her dress in to a pajamas dress.

I went upstairs, and he followed.
And then I found, me down stairs.
Broken limbs, A broken heart
From the man, who pushed down.

And before the second part of the chorus, another 5 flashes of light went off, and she re changed her dress in to bandages. Whilst the men behind her acting as though they where trying to drag Tess in to the darkest parts of hell.

At every breath... she takes in the second part of the chorus, a firework shoots off and another colour flashes in the hall.

I said I went, up the stairs
And then I was, down again
Like the egg, on the wall.
From the man, who pushed me down the stairs.

When she sings "Like the eggl" there is a GIF of Humptey and then when she says "on the wall" the LED screens show a egg splattered on the wall. And when she finishes singing the chorus you can here bones falling on the hard floor.

He started shouting, at me.
I was still trying to pee.
Draggin’ my heel upon the wall
After that massive tumble and fall.

At this point she was getting comfortable with the crowd in Gronbis, she felt as though she was in her school singing to her friends as they used to dance to it (She went to a performing arts school). She is very good at acting. When she sung "Dragging my heel upon the wall" the 3 men dancers went on their belly and they tried to reach for her by grabbing her heels.

How could he do this to me.
Brake in my house. Suspiciously
I thought that we were friends,
Until this very end…

The same thing happened, but this time, when she sung "Until this very end" she looked like she was sucked in this black hole, but it was only the LED Screen and strong wind in front of her. She was looking at the crowd suspiciously, and the 3 men walked off stage. The stage was then quiet. It was dark, the whole crowd was confused as they were plummeted in darkness. Then she sung at her highest she can go, and it felt as though you had just entered heaven, it was white everywhere.

The 3 men, came back on stage to show us acrobatic moves and great magical tricks, one of which was letting a bird come out of his [CENSORED].

I said I went, up the stairs
And then I was, down again
Like the egg, on the wall.

Not much different from the first 2nd chorus but she was in her grove and someone from the crowd threw a rose. She sniffed it and turned it in to a beautiful white dove. She was then going in to her bridge, which was her favourite part of the song.

The way how, you look lonely.
The way how, you look quiet
The way how, I believed you.

She liked that part as the music stopped and she sung a Capella, and the whole of Gronbis roared for her. She then finished off the piece with the chorus.

What you saying?
What you saying?

She was nearly finshed but her outfit was multicoloured and she was singing her heart out, there was someone who fainted in the audience because she was that amazing.

She finished with a sly look, though some call that a pedophiles look.

She then bowed and 5 fireworks came down followed by sparkles...

"Thank-you Gronbis, and good luck to every performer."

She then went back to the green room where a performer from Missus X was getting ready to perform. The performer looked worried but Tess said "It was easy, try your best"

She then sat next to the performers from Polkopia.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:05 pm

04 MISSUS X

Rick Leg - "By Golly"
Tune: Nick Clegg - "I'm Sorry"

DISCLAIMER: The lyrics used do not reflect my personal view on the rather serious issue in the lyrical content whatsoever.

Rick Leg was the only person who would compete in WorldVision for Missus X. As a result, Missus X hadn't spent too much money, which, at first glance, appears to show, with Rick Leg standing on a soapbox, wearing a rather dapper suit, and delivering the opening line in pitch black.

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you something.

As the music kicks in, a solitary spotlight shows Rick standing on his soapbox as he sings the first verse.

When I talk to my biggest friend daily,
It's obvious that I never knew quite who he was until he said that.
Many people tell me that they're glad I haven't killed him because of his sudden outing,
As it's not right for me to ruin him.

But I also meet people who are ridiculous, and are annoyed,
That I didn't kill him right away,
That I didn't kill him right away.
It was something that I really thought of doing,
But I need to expand on what had happened:

More lights come on as the song starts to pick up but they're all focused on Rick.

There was a time, before I was too old,
That he said to me that he was gay,
That he said to me that he was gay,
That he said to me that he was gay.
It was a thing, and it was quite unexpected,
Quite unexpected,
But I shouldn't have reacted in the manner that I did.

As the chorus kicks in, many women wearing as little as they can get away with are suddenly revealed in a burst of light, with a background of clear, natural light, doing the 'cheesy clap': taking one step to the right and clapping in unison, then one step to the left and clapping in unison, during the chorus.

By golly!
By golly!
Oh my, by golly!
There's no other things that I said:
By golly!
By golly!
By golly!
By golly!
Oh my, by golly!
By golly!
By golly!

The women are removed, again, into total darkness, but there is more background light than there was before the chorus, as the song has now picked up.

I was wrong: I'll hold my hand up.
But I was right; I raised my fist up too.
I've learnt from my mistake,
And that's what I will do.
I know that won't be enough for you, mate,
But I'm a total git:
I've learnt from my mistake,
And that's what I will do.

The women return in another sudden burst of light, with a background of clear, natural light, doing, again, to groans from the audience, :palm: the 'cheesy clap': taking one step to the right and clapping in unison, then one step to the left and clapping in unison, during the chorus.

By golly!
By golly!
Oh my, by golly!
By golly!
By golly!
By golly!
By golly!
Oh my, by golly!
By golly!
By golly!

As the bridge section kicks in, the women begin to walk slowly towards Rick.

Oh, by golly!
Oh, by golly!
I'm really sorry, by golly!
Oh, by golly!
Oh, by golly!
Oh, by golly!
Oh, by golly!
I'm really sorry, by golly!
By golly!

The women all stick out one hand at him in appreciation, crowding round to get a look at Rick Leg (wearing a very nice dapper suit, don't forget). Rick has a height advantage as he is on the soapbox, so can easily be seen, as he speaks the final line:

And if you're listening now, that's how I can start to win back your friendship.

Rick wishes to make it clear that this is not a true story and he is very much for LGBT rights.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Image 05 EKOZ
Jaime Aruama - PARTY.

Songwriters: Anders Skoltaad, Maxim Muartina, Jaime Aruama
Composers: Anders Skoltaad

Melody

Ekoz's postcard opens with Jaime walking out of Universidát Xentro Carnuix (Carnise Central University) with a group of her girl-friends. The next shot is of them jumping around on Jaime’s, giggling and getting ready for a night out in Carnise city. Each girl is wearing a piece of blue, yellow and red. We then see Jaime within a busy nightclub, dancing, smiling and waving an Ekozian flag. Jaime says "Hello WorldVision, I am Jaime and I am representing Ekoz. I cannot wait to perform on the Worldvision stage. I want to show you how to Paaaaaaarty Ekozian style!" Jaime winks and blows a kiss to the camera.

Jaime

Jaime's costume

Male Dancer's costume

Jaime enters the stage.In each of the boxes provided on stage are shirtless men with two giant bongos. Jaime steps into centre stage. The music starts. The camera pans directly onto Jaime's face, slowly zooming out revealing the shirtless males banging the drums to each beat of the music. Four shirtless backing dancers stand behind Jaime

Come on baby; let me see what you got,
Show me fire ‘cos I like getting hot,
Im’a show you how Ekozian’s get down, Ekozian’s get down, oh baby,

Jaime walks stage left, followed by her dancers spurring the crowd to clap and jump
So come on and join in,
Let’s live tonight in sin,
Dance all the night like we just don’t care-re-re-re

Jaime and her four dancers are centre stage in pyramid formation. The lighting colours are green, yellow, blue and red, panning the entire stage. Jaime and the dancers start a dance routine
My hips are moving from side to the side,
The beat makes me feel like I’m on a high,
Come with me baby and I’ll show you why, why, why,
(Ekozian’s party…)

The lighting pans directly back onto Jaime. Jaime shouts ''JUMP WORLDVISION''. On the first 'Na', fire explosions alight the stage.
Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Ohhh, Party x2

Camera pans across the audience, then zooms onto Jaime, walking to the right of the stage.
Here in Ekoz, the party never stops,
Stay real close while I go grab you some shots,
This right here is how Ekozian’s get down, Ekozian’s get down, oh baby

So come on and join in,
Let’s live our night in sin,
Dance ‘til the sun is up in the air-air-air-air-air

Jaime shouts ''WOOO'' before skipping to centre stage and begins her dance routine with the 4 male dancers behind her, again in pyramid formation.Skip to 1:36 for dance routine
My hips are moving from side to the side,
The beat makes me feel like I’m on a high,
Come with me baby and I’ll show you why, why, why,
(Ekozian’s party…)

The stage is in darkness. The only thing visible are the UV bongos. As Jaime starts to sing, a spotlight shines directly onto Jaime. The wind machine starts.
This is it,
The time is now,
Let’s get lost,
In the Crowd,
Feel the heat,
Feel the beat, that beat.

Party Party x3

On each beat, the bongos are drummed and a different dancer is spotlighted covered in red/green/yellow/blue paint until the final chorus begins
Ohhh. OH! X2

As soon as Jaime sings ''Watch Us Now'', the entire stage is lit up with carnival colours, a theme throughout the song. Yellow, green, blue and red confetti is dropped onto the stage and the audience compeltely filling the stage as Jaime is then joined by 6 more backing dancers covered in paint and carnival clothing. Dancers are shooting confetti cannons onto and over audience members encouraging them to jump and dance.
(WATCH. US. NOW!)

Our hips are moving from side to the side,
The beat makes us feel like we’re on a high,
Come join us baby and we’ll show you why, why, why,
(Ekozian’s party…)

The camera pans out showing the full stage, and the audience. On the first ''NA'', A golden pyrotechnic shower falls on the back of the stage. Jaime and the dancers join together to jump. The end camera shot is on the final beat, where a giant sparkles shoot from each of the boxes and from the bottom of the stage. The camera throughout the Na’s pans from the stage looking out to the audience, where two acrobats can be seeing rolling up and down on long silk from the ceiling of the venue. On one side the silk is red, yellow and blue, representing the Ekozian flag, and the other is orange and white, representing the host nation, Lyonsland

Jaime: (overwhelmed) Oh My God! Thank you sooo much WorldVision. I love you. Thank-you! Bless you all! Thank-you Ekoz. Mi amú aal! Graxues!!!
Last edited by Ekoz on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:10 pm

6. Reserved, WIP.
Please pardon my absence in the competition. My entry will be done tomorrow.
Last edited by Rutthenia on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
PRO: European Union, Russia, Putin, Pan-Slavism, Vince McMahon
ANTI: Ukraine, Poroshenko, Gay Marriage, BLM
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm

07. _Tödlichebujoku_

Cyanide Eyes

Hailing from Vulgärebijon-o on Tödlichebujoku's northwest coast, Veli Pinheiro began his career as a crystallomatrix personality, chatting to Tödlichebujoku's youth about various subjects before gaining the support and financial base to leave his day job and pursue his lifelong dream in music. Two singles later, his bid to the Tödlichebujoki WV committee won the committee's selection due to its dramatic, direct style- something underlying Veli's previous songs but never fully exposed. The committee was looking for something rivalling or even eclipsing VulkanischenJään's "Love Lies" which brought the nation into the top 5, from its previous result in the bottom 5. Seeing as Tödlichebujoku had just received its worst placing since its debut, this was especially important to the committee. Would it achieve the face-saving result they hoped it would? Only time would tell.

Despite his fame, Veli's still a bit shocked that he got all the way to where he is now. He still feels he's just a normal person and isn't quite used to the legions of screaming fans whenever he goes on tour, even though he is nowhere near being one of the most famous people in the nation. Getting ready to get on stage and perform live for an international audience, the emotions of gratitude and disbelief roil about inside him. Well, here goes, he thinks as he steps onto the stage.

The arena is dark, as ice-blue accents streak briefly across the stage. The screen lights up with a great flash to reveal the horizon of a beautiful, sunlit plain with green fields and stately trees as the first great auditory blow reverberates through the arena. A few moments later, a second flash of light replaces the previous image of beauty and bounty with the same vista, but this time a cold, gray landscape of drifting ash and bare trees. At the third, more electronic blow, the overhead lights rapidly flash and then focus on the stage, illuminating Veli as angular shards of the background image fall away behind him to reveal slightly rose-tinted peeks at the previous image, and he begins to sing
Too weary to notice through this incandescent pain
Every day dawns terrible, but delicious all the same
Wracked by all these new sensations
What is left of our creation?

The lights briefly intensify. The image on the background screen blurs, running together as if it were melting, before zooming to a volcano in the distance and diving into its fiery depths, where the orange and red of its lava engulfs the entirety of the screen. Veli lets loose for the chorus, encapsulating the betrayal and anger he had woven into his lyrics
Cyanide eyes and honey-gold skin
You lure me close and pull me in
Loving me without a trace
Nothing's on your face

The heat of the lava seeps away as frost covers the background screen and the lights dim so that the only major light source is the screen. At the first "blast" of sound, a man in dark clothing is briefly illuminated in the top left box. Veli turns toward him, and the background screen briefly shows static as if its feed were interrupted. The figure climbs down, as Veli runs to the ground level box on the other side of the stage. He climbs to the mid-level box just as the second blast tears through the arena and the dark figure enters the box Veli had just left, the two men briefly illuminated by separate spotlights as they momentarily freeze in place. The background screen again briefly turns to static. Veli enters the third, topmost box and looks around for someplace else to flee, as the man enters his box and the third blast roars. The spotlights again briefly highlight the pursuer and the pursued as the two freeze, the background screen's static phase lasting this time for the duration of the blast. The static does not fully go away, with the frosty image disrupted by occasional streaks of static. Following the blast, the man stays in his frozen state, allowing Veli to continue singing and also climb down from his box in between lines. The figure then assumes a sinister pose in his box
I truly loved you then but now it's just a game
Your icy countenance is eating up my flame
Oh.. You're sometimes nothing more than a deity of hate

The lights brighten again and the frost on the screen shatters to reveal a swirling maelstrom of lava-colored streaks. Veli returns to his original position in the middle of the stage. Having caught his breath from his little workout, he belts out the chorus
I swore I'd never leave in haste
You put my life to waste

The screen turns upward to an icy blue sky and a pale sun, and the lights become fainter and more ethereal. The man in the top box seems to disappear as the screen behind him darkens. Veli refocuses onto his breathing and voice as he closes his eyes and looks down, and then looks out over the audience
Ooh… I had hoped to peer within
Ooh... Try to salve you of your sins
Oo-ooh... But now I know too well
There is no hope

The screen's view suddenly "falls" as the guitar solo begins. The circle of the sky decreases in size until the view is that of a stylized lava pit and the "camera" plunges beneath the surface, bubbles whooshing past every which way as if the screen was tumbling uncontrollably. The lights do an undulating motion, then scattering and refocusing on Veli, brightening as they do so. He takes a deep breath to sing the final chorus, dropping to his knees and closing his eyes after the last line
Loving me without a trace
You put my life to waste

The lights momentarily dim, then they and the screen alternately flash on and off as the music's parting beats rip through the arena and dissipate. In the moments of darkness after the music winds down, Veli stands up and sighs, ecstatic and relieved.

"Thank you everyone! Kiitos Gronbis!" he shouts, nodding to a group of shrieking fans (somehow still not out of breath from excitedly screaming through the majority of the performance), before bowing and leaving the stage.

That was amazing, Veli reflects. I would totally do it all over again, even if I had no chance of winning. It was just that fulfilling, I guess.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm

8. Luziyca
Longing for Home
Nancy Jennings

A 64-year old lady (Nancy Jennings) dressed in traditional clothes heads onto the stage. It was decorated with a wood floor, wooden walls, a window looking out into a street of Dionne in 1950. She heads to the bed at one end of the stage, she goes there, and then backup singers in their 20s enter, appearing like ghosts. The music then starts, and she begins singing. Pancakes were being cooked by the "mother."

In my heart, I will always remember
The smell of breakfast in the oven;
The kind voice of my beautiful mother,
My father telling me to rise and shine,
This was my home that I lived

Nancy Jennings then gets out of bed and heads to the kitchen table with the two backup singers, where they sit down and all sing the chorus.

I am longing for the home,
The place where I grew up,
Where I can escape from my problems
And into the bosom of my mom

Then a very young backup singer (4 years old) appears as a ghost and the two older backup singers leave the table, leaving Nancy to sing the next part.

From the time I was little
I played in all the rooms
I got in trouble and got spanked,
I learned everything I needed to know,
Then I left my home

When the little girl got spanked, the father spanked her on the kitchen. Then they all sat down and sang the chorus.

And into the bosom of my mom

At the end of the chorus, an 18 year old girl dressed in 1960s fashion enters the scene. The two old backup singers get up while the 4 year old girl exits the stage.

It was my 18th birthday
When my parents gave me a key
Told me to get a job and a house
I can only take my bed,
And was booted out of that home...
I will always miss this place!

During that bit, the parents give the 18 year old Nancy a key, told her (silently) to get a job and a home, carried the bed off the stage, then she was ordered to go.

Then all the backup singers including that girl gather around the oven and kitchen table and sing the last two verses.

And into the bosom of my mom!

I will always remember that place,
Where I grew up and played,
And learned what I needed to know
To survive in the world!

At the end, they all got up and walked to the front of the stage, bowed and said, "GRAZIE LYONSLAND!" They then all exited the stage in a single-file line, tallest to shortest.
Last edited by Luziyca on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Calusie
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Calusie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:15 pm

| 09 Calusie |
| Loli Amaeurr |
| The Lives Of Those |

To the tune of Elfen Lied (Kumiko Noma) - Lilium https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA3oPpH7KVg&feature=kp

Loli enters the stage with a slight applause, as Calusie is an unknown country. Little does the audience know that her heart will pour out a wonderful ballad to represent Calusie's dire pains to get to where they are today.

The church bells signal the start of the performance. The lights of the backdrop show a dark forest, with dim white searchlights scanning throughout the arena.
Oh, never...
Would I lie to you
About our lives,
the lives of ours,
the lives of those.

Would I lie to you?
Would I play a charade?
Think to yourself...
Would we pretend that we
were poor and we were dead?

The searchlights now pulse throughout the arena. The backdrop turns slightly brighter, and an orchestra is revealed.
Help.....
was non-existent.
Help.....
was nowhere in sight.

Oh, this shows that we
found our own feet.
We didn't die...
But we only saved
our very own lives.

Oh, this shows that we
found our own path.
We didn't die...
but we only saved
our lives, the lives of those.

The lights brighten to block white, and glide throughout the audience. The camera pans through the audience, who are waving their flags in time with the music. The forest backdrop suddenly starts to brighten up, as if the sun was rising. The orchestra are next to be shown on the camera, as Loli and her backing singers "Aaaah..." to show the pain and endurance of the Calusians. Towards the end of the Aaaahs, a bird's eye view of the whole stage is presented with a floral ring around Loli. The camera returns to normal.

Death.....
reeked around us.
Death.....
stopped us many times.

But we failed to stop,
we were forced to push on.
No exceptions.
We kept the lives,
we saved the lives, the lives of those.

A melancholy violin is heard as 7 men run on the stage. Loli moves to the audience's left. Slowly, the men start to make a house throughout the violin's time. When the violin turns darker, Loli moves towards the house, inspects it, and then 'enters' the house. When the music box plays, the applause (which is massive) is heard.

Loli: Thank you so much! Go Calusie! We're with you! Thanks again, Lyonsland & WorldVision!
Last edited by Calusie on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Les Travaiy e Calusiye

FOR
World Peace | Palestine | Ukraine | Scottish Independence | LGBT Rights

AGAINST
Israel | Russia | Homophobia | Racism | Self-Indulgency

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:26 pm

10. Polkopia
Trish - "Uh Oh"
Language: English
Tune: Marina and the Diamonds - Oh No

Trish, otherwise known as Patricia Kapp, had won the Landa vy Polkopiya which had served as Polkopia's National Final for many editions. Trish and her song, "Uh Oh", scored a near-perfect score, scoring a total of 15 points out of a possible 20 possible points, scoring four more points than second place, making this the most successful entry in the Landa vy Polkopiya to date. Trish is a upcoming artist, never before hitting the Polkopian charts until "Uh Oh" which has already made it's way into the Polkopian Top 100. No other entry has achieved this much success before the big night.

Trish walked on to the stage, wearing a short pink dress with white high heels. The stage was completely dark except for one spotlight that trained on her. She did not carry a microphone, but instead, she had an microphone that connected from her ear to the space in front of her mouth. Two backup dancers accompanied her, each wearing similar colored unitards. In each of the boxes behind the stage, there was one backup dancer, each facing away from the crowd however the audience would not be able to see them yet, due to the lights being out. When Trish and her backup dancers took the stage, the music began to play, causing the crowd to cheer as Trish and her backup dancers to begin dancing and the lights to the stage turned on. The lights were all different colors, and each box in the back were different colors from one another as well. At first, Trish and her dancers they spun around once and then started a series of jerky arm movement, thrusting their arms out in front of them and then up, moving to forward as they did so until they were almost on the edge of the stage. The dancers in the boxes would now be fully visible. In the boxes behind the stage, each box filled with a dozen balloons and flew around in the box wildly. The colors of the balloons matched the coloring of the box. The dancers inside the box did slow, graceful dance moves, completely countering the two dancers on the stage who were very fast-paced. Trish continued to dance, though not as intense, as the sang, while the dancers continued their pace of dancing.

I just lost
All my friends
Still not convinced that
this is the end

Just got fired
from my work
That's okay
I'll make it work

Trish held one hand up and proceeded to jump around as she sang now, bringing a lot of energy to the stage and to the show.

I'm out of cash
My car broke down
But that's not gonna bring me down
Don't need pity
In the city
I just want to live my life

Now, Trish and her dancers walked around the perimeter of the stage while Trish pointed to the crowd, smiling.

I just want to live
I just want to live
I just want to live
I just want to live
I just want to live

Trish and her dancers begin dancing a similar dance to how they were doing in the beginning of the song. Several lights flicker on and off in the background, but most of the lights stay on, regardless.

I know exactly what you're thinking about me
You're thinking that I might be odd or just a bit crazy
When in reality I'm living my own fantasy
Uh-Uh Oh, Uh Oh, Uh Oh Oh

Trish stops dancing and only sings, but her dancers keep dancing behind her.

Still no love
That's okay
I never wanted
one anyway

You ask why
I feel this way
Well for me, I just don't care
For me it's another day

I'm out of cash
My car broke down
But that's not gonna bring me down
Don't need pity
In the city
I just want to live my life

I just want to live
I just want to live
I just want to live
I just want to live
I just want to live

Trish and her dancers start dancing again, like they did before.

For a moment, everything is still. The lights dim, the dancers stop dancing, and the balloons in the boxes stop flowing as Trish sings the next part of the song.

I'm alive
In my own eyes
And I don't care
What you say

I'm alive
In my own eyes
And I don't care
What you say, say, say

The lights flicker a few times before turning back on, and everything resumes to what they were before.

Trish and her dancers now continue dancing the rest of the routine together, her dancers now picking her up by her stomach, hoisting her up in the air, and spinning around. Trish sings the last part while doing this.

When the song was ended, Trish climbed down from her dancers and took a bow. "Thank you!" She said, a ecstatic smile on her face as she waved a few times before hurrying off the stage.
Last edited by Polkopia on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:31 pm

11. Gregoryisgodistan

"Heathens Never Learn"

Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4nVByCL44

Singer J81930ZP walks up to the microphone holding a bag of props. He sets the prop bag down on the stage and begins singing.

Lord Almighty Gregory is God
So why must those heathens deny it?
Lord Almighty Gregory is Lord
The heathens shall die by the sword.
How many heathens must meet their demise
Before the world calls him its Lord?
My friends and my slaves, the heathens never learn.
That’s why the heathens need to burn.

Singer J81930ZP removes a sword from his prop bag and decapitates several mannequins representing heathens. One stands for the Church of Saintland, one for the heathens from the Free Republics, and so on, one representing each country on Gregoryisgodistan’s Enemy List. They are wearing sashes with the names of all the countries on the list. Singer J81930ZP then sets the decapitated heads as well as the mannequin bodies and flags on fire with a blowtorch, but immediately douses it due to fire code regulations.

Why do heathens deny the true Lord?
Gregory is God Almighty
Why else would he give us prune juice
And gruel that makes us so holy?
And why does the whole multiverse look away
Ignoring the truth and the facts?

Singer J81930ZP removes multiple prune juice and gruel rations from his backpack, eats a spoonful of gruel, drinks a swig of prune juice, and throws the rest into the audience to consume themselves. Then, he continues singing, pronouncing the Latin name of Jesus as “eye-EE-zus” as is often done in Gregoryisgodistan to mock the Sanctii’s apparent inability to spell the name of their false God.

When will the wicked King Petrus shut up
And admit that Iesus is false?
Yes and how long will it take ‘till the heathens all die
Until they all meet their demise?
And how many wicked leaders shall not accept
The true Lord is our Gregory?

Singer J81930ZP then opens the stage door and several slaves in shackles, each wearing clothing resembling the flag of a nation on the Enemy List, are led onto the stage. They represent the heathens of the song. Singer J81930ZP then takes the blowtorch and fires it at all of them, setting them on fire and killing them. Once he is sure they are dead, he douses the fire so as not to violate the local fire code. He then reprises the last two lines.

Singer J81930ZP fires the blowtorch at the dead slaves once more for good measure and walks off the stage yelling “YOU’RE ALL HEATHENS! LEARN OR BURN!”
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:37 pm

12. KwaDai
Song Title: It's Amazing (C'est Incroyable)
Artist: Celine Mayeux
Tune: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJcmLMb5to (Loreen-Euphoria)

___________________________________________________________________________________

The stage turns dark and silent, then slowly images of icicles appeared suddenly a silver beam of light concentrates on the face of Celine and she starts to sing:

When, will you forgive me?
Now, I finally understand what I have done,
Please, please just listen now,
Yes, it's true, now don't you see?

The whole stage lights up in a blinding flash of silver light beams making Celine fully visible

C'est incroyable
I will never leave you again
I have thought
Because now I u-u-u-nderstand

C'est incroyable
You make my heart skip a beat
Your love I feel it so strong

The stage turns back to darkness and only Celines face is visible once more

You're with me
Just you and I that's how it should always be
Together
Our love growing stronger every second
Every second and minute
Leaping into an everlasting peace
Growing stronger and stronger
Now I'm telling yoooouuu

The silver light beams return this time even brighter and mixed with a magical array of blue, green and white light illuminating the stage.

C'est incroyable
I will never leave you again
I have thought

C'est incroyable

Together
We leap into everlasting peace
We're growing stronger
Now I'm telling you

C'est incroyable
C'est incroyable

C'est incroyable

C'est incroyable

C'est incroyable

With that everything fades back slowly into darkness as Celine's song finishes

"Thank you WorldVision!", she calls out
Last edited by Kwadai on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:45 pm

To all of those doing commentary, please do not refer to the song as "Unnamed Song," but instead refer it to as "The Single."

/ 13 - Yttribia /
/ absolute.ly fantastic - Unnamed Song /

/ Language(s): English /

To the tune of: Darts of Pleasure by Franz Ferdinand

From left to right: rhythm guitarist/pianist Elias Brivio, bassist Lanford Wilson, drummer Roy Bisset, and lead guitarist/singer Thom Orellana
The band are in attire for their WorldVision performance

The entire band was ready. They had somehow gotten rid of their stage fright after the countess rehearsals before, and had all reminisced about when they were four schoolboys in the prestigious Fontvieille Preparatory School, where they had all met. The band knew that their hard work and dedication payed off on this stage, and that they were going to represent their nation. Their goal was to make forty-six million Yttribians proud, and have them forget about the Corvax regime for the night.

The most recent act had finished their song, and just as they left the stage, everything was quickly rushed off, and replaced with the band's instruments. The nation's post card began to display on the large screen, with the four members of the band shown walking down the streets of downtown Fontvieille, as they head into their favorite pub, "La Vieja." They meet up with a couple of friends in the pub, have a drink, and perform. Afterwards, the band leave the pub, and go to their favorite spot in the city, known as "The Hill," where they look up into the starry sky. The starry sky forms the Yttribian flag, calling Yttribia "The Land of Passion". Afterwards, the Centre goes pitch black.

The band took their places in the pitch black Gronbis Exhibition Centre, and had somehow found their way in the pitch black Centre. A single spotlight shone on drummer Roy Bisset, as he played the intro to the song, with another spotlight shining down on Lanford, as he played the bass line to their Untitled Song. At the sound of the electric guitar's strum, Thom Orellana dove straight into singing. The sixty foot screen behind the band began to rapidly black, white, and red, as well as the platforms on the stage, as the band played their hearts out for millions.

I am the one with no chance
Yes, this may be our l-a-aaast dance
So until then I’ll tell you
Let this one life be remembered
But for now I’ll say he-llo
Yes, for now; I’ll say he-llo
But this could be your last dance
Yet this is my last chance

The feeling of the song changes, as does the voice of Orellana. His voice is now a soothing, seductive one, trying to woo all of the ladies in the front row over with his looks and his voice. With the change in song, came the change in the intensity of the flashing colors.

We can make this a night to remember
Yes, this is true; it isn’t out of the blue
Dance for months, or dance for years
Dance in peace, or dance with fear
And I’m...I’m alive!

The steady crescendo of the band's music and Orellana's singing began capped off with the final line in the hook of the song. The band then returned to their exciting style of music they were playing in the first verse, and the stage returned to the somewhat intense flashing of lights.

Now it’s time to venture
This is a night we’ll remember
You have ignited this ember
Let me treat you with compassion

The band had successfully played the first part of the second verse of their song, and began to play in a louder way, to give the fans a break from all of the lovey-dovey, romantic, soft songs that had been played at WorldVision at this time. Their goal was to introduce fans to a brand new generation of rock, and the band wanted to show la créme de la créme of Yttribian Rock.

But for now I’ll say he-llo
Yes, for now I’ll say he-llo
But this could be your last dance
Yet this is my last chance

With the end of the second verse, Bisset, Wilson, Brivio, and Orellana returned to their somewhat soothing style of music in the song, with Orellana singing directed to that girl he met that one time in a mixer, in which he made his feelings visible in his singing, while still trying to woo over the entire front row of the Gronbis Exhibition Centre, while the stage's display return to a soothing pattern of black, white, and red.

We can make this our night to remember
Yes, this is true; it isn’t out of the blue
Let’s now try to actually mingle - plan in motion
This isn’t some commotion, let me woo you over
Dance for months, or dance for years
Dance in peace, or dance with fear
And I’m...I’m alive!

The lights had cut out, after Orellana finished the last verse of his hook once more, except for a spotlight, shining on Roy once more, while he played his brief drum solo. Lanford's bass line kicks in, as the spotlight shines on him once again, and the two play before Elias Brivio plays the piano riff, and the three play in harmony as Thom begins to sing the final part of the song, with the other three band members singing along. The lights on the screen are now flashing the pattern of black, white, and red in a pattern that gets the fans of the band scream in joy when the final lines are sung.

Time to fight for survival!
Screw all of my effing rivals
It’s time to fight for sur-vi-val!

Orellana plays his guitar while the band sing the final lines twice more, with each note they play sound more thrilling, every beat being made drawing the attention of the Yttribian commentators, and everyone pumped in general. The band played once more, with the song slowing down and eventually coming to an end in the final line after being repeated thrice. The audience at the Centre applaud in a wild frenzy, knowing that this WorldVision was going to be one of the best.

"Thank you, Gronbis," is what Thom Orellana told the 18,000 people at the Gronbis Exhibition Centre, "you're all absolutely fantastic!"

The band then all went off stage, and hugs were given, knowing that this was the best performance of their lives, so far.
Last edited by Yttribia on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Commentary comes from MRX TWO. Robert is looking forward to visiting last year's winners and thinks this should be made a mandatory option.

Hello, Mister X! Welcome to WorldVision 32, coming to you live from Lyonsland! The logo this year makes me want to recycle to be perfectly honest with you. We'll, no doubt, expand on Lyonsland as we go on tonight. But first, the opening act from last year's winner, Sierra Foster!

OPENING ACT

That was very enjoyable. Very enjoyable. I hope that's put you in the party mood, Mister X! Anyway, tonight, we have a colony of Mister X competing as well: yep, Missus X is performing tonight as well as us. To ensure that we do not suffer from 'bloc voting', when it comes to the voting, 50% of the scores will not be made up of the national juries and 50% of the scores will be made up from the televotes, as will the other 50%. The number you'll need is, from a mobile, 9 12 12 XX, or 01721 12 12 XX from a landline. If you want to get in touch, tweet us @MRXWorldVision; we'll be reading some of your tweets out after every 10 acts.

Anyway, good luck to everyone, and enjoy the show! We'll begin with... United Regions of Verona!!

01 UNITED REGIONS OF VERONA

Not a brilliant song to begin with, I'm afraid. A little dull, to be blunt. If you want to - and I don't know why you would - vote for the United Regions of Verona, dial 9 12 12 01 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 01 from a landline. Next up is, oh dear, The Ultimate Evil.

02 THE ULTIMATE EVIL

I'm at a loss for words. I'm not quite sure why on earth they're singing about drugs. I'm speechless. To vote for The Ultimate Evil, dial 9 12 12 02 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 02 from a landline.

03 BRITONISEA

A bass line of about two notes became very annoying. And it was decent despite the rather rubbish melody. I don't know why on earth someone would push you down the stairs. Surely one should learn how to brace one's fall rather than getting battered and bruised. After all, a friend of mine once fell down the stairs at one of Thatcher City's metro systems and managed to turn it into an epic forward roll! To vote for Britonisea, dial 9 12 12 03 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 03 from a landline.

04 MISSUS X

It's the debut for our dear colony, and it's certainly quite a low-budget performance, because not many people watch MSX over there. Anyway, the lyrics were on a deadly serious matter, and I'm glad someone bought something serious up tonight and reminded us that there are still big issues in the greater world. However, I'm starting to get the feeling that Mister X and our colonies are being known for 'sexy' songs! First Filius's bestiality song, then Jack's lost lover's tale last year... Anyhow, to vote for Missus X, dial 9 12 12 04 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 04 from a landline.

05 EKOZ

I'm sure the beginning of the melody is something I've heard before. Nonetheless, it's OK, I suppose. But not spectacular. And my dubstep annoyance has rung itself in again. To vote for Ekoz, dial 9 12 12 05 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 05 from a landline.

06 RUTTHENIA

-- RESERVED --

07 TODLICHEBUJOKU

A huge power ballad this year from Todlichebujoku. Although those explosions halfway nearly gave me a heart attack. It's dramatic from Todlichebujoku, certainly. Now, to vote for it, you dial 9 12 12 07 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 07 from a landline.

08 LUZICYA

Not bad at all. Not bad at all. Very emotionally sung, I think. A really emotional story of being booted out of the home, raising huge issues about domestic violence. Really nice, Luzicya, well done. To vote for Luzicya, dial 9 12 12 08 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 08 from a landline.

09 CALUSIE

Erm... a bit kooky, that one. There's no explaining this performance. To vote for Calusie, dial 9 12 12 09 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 09 from a landline.

10 POLKOPIA

Liking the piano melody to begin with but it sounds a little ridiculous as it goes on, however. By Polkopian standards, that's a really dull performance. Anyhow, to vote for Polkopia, dial 9 12 12 10 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 10 from a landline.

And now let's have a look at your tweets before, oh, god, Gregoryisgodistan...

@SadManOnABus: @MRXWorldVision I'm glad Mrs X did something like that, we need more awareness in the world.
@Caecilius: @MRXWorldVision ego Ekozum amo!
@TheOneAndOnly: @MRXWorldVision Not much to choose from there...

11 GREGORYISGODISTAN

Slightly laid back from Gregoryisgodistan by their standards. The song's slow, down-tempo. But Singer J81930ZP clearly isn't very good at diplomacy. Why have a subtle dig at our main language, Latin? And thankfully, we're not on that enemy list! But I don't understand why slaves had to be killed? Surely Gregoryisgodistan could have found them more useful in, you know, slavery? In any case, to vote for Gregoryisgodistan, dial 9 12 12 11 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 11 from a landline.

12 KWADAI

A decent debut performance, I feel. Not bad, although maybe a little better second time around and they could do a Lyonsland. To vote for Kwadai, dial 9 12 12 12 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 12 from a landline.

13 YTTRIBIA

Our first rocky song tonight, and it's certainly no pushover. Anyway, to vote for Yttribia, dial 9 12 12 13 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 13 from a landline.

We're back with more very shortly.
Last edited by Mister X on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:00 pm

14. Kishrael - קיסרל
Maya Levina - Thunder and Lightning
מאיה לוינה - רעמים וברקים

Language: English, Hebrew

To the Tune Of - Tanja - Amazing

The last WorldVision saw an improvement on the result of the previous, yet still it became one of the country’s worst performances overall, their second lowest point haul in the competition, and their third lowest finishing position. This year another singer with the first name Maya was to take the stage. Thirty year old Maya Levina had a distinguished career in Kishrael’s theatrical scene, being a sought after star in various musicals but also in serious dramas too. Maya had won Kdam-WorldVision with “Thunder and Lightning”, a contemporary dance-pop song which topped both the jury and televote. As per usual with Kishraeli songs as of recent, the lyrics were comprised primarily of English with some parts in Hebrew to appeal to those who appreciated what was being said, and those that liked the exotic nature of a country’s own language.

The stage in Lyonsland was unique in the fact that it was comprised of boxes on the back, some of which could be stood in. Musicians which could imitate the recorded music they were playing could be placed in the wings, but for Maya this was unimportant. Her song was primarily dance-pop and thus the need to present a façade of live music was unnecessary, everyone knew that the song was a digital affair - hopefully a digital affair that everyone would enjoy, and bring Kishrael back up in the rankings of WorldVision after some disappointing finishes as of late. Of all the stages she'd performed on, Gronbis was the largest and it was on this stage that she was to make her transition from a theatre career to a fully fledged music one.

The stage began dark, as the announcement for the Kishraeli entry played. As the first notes of the song played, a single spotlight shone on Maya, who was lying on the floor. The spotlight did not shine directly in her eyes so as to blind her, but at an angle so that her face was fully visible. The camera zoomed in onto her face so that those at home saw the start of the performance begin with her singing into her headpiece. She began to sing the first two lines of her song, as the camera zoomed slowly out, revealing that she was wearing this. The stage was also displaying a graphic which showed raindrops falling on the ground and making splashes to reflect the lyrics of the song.

Remember in the pouring rain as the storm clouds gathered overhead
And you struck me

At this she sat up and spun on her knees, rising up. The camera then switched to a frontal shot which showed Maya still in her spin, her dress twirling around at the same time. As she finished her spin she stuck her left leg out to stop herself and began singing again, making slow patterns with her arms.

An untamed magnetic force, is this a blessing or is it a curse?
Then it hit me
Destroy everything
But you know I would not have it, any other way

As the beat became quicker she sidestepped to one side of the stage, interspersing his steps with single pirouettes occasionally. Also while this was happening the LED screens behind began showing a silvery pattern which occasionally became brighter as flashes of lightning appeared on the screen. The raindrop effect continued on the floor. Maya stops sidestepping ones she reaches the end of the stage and widens her gate, extending her arms as she sings the 'crash into me', while the camera zooms in and then fades out before another angle shows her looking straight down the camera.

Crash into me! (Let the storm clouds gather)
Crash into me! (We will charge each other)
R’kod iti ba’ra’amim v’barakim - רקוד איתי ברעמים וברקים [Dance with me in the thunder and lightning]
Shir iti K’s’arah ko’eset - שיר איתי כסערה כואסת [Sing with me as the storm rages on]
Crash into me!

As the chorus ended the stage went dark apart from a single spotlight following Maya. The stage floor halted the raindrop effect and occasional shimmers of pink and while shot through the stage. She marched over near the back of the stage and was lifted by men in completely black morph suits onto the second level of the stage. The men could barely be seen by the camera apart from their hands on her body as they lifted her.

You are a striking piece of art
And we both know how you’ve made a home within my heart
I am fearless

As she sung the 'fearless' she swan dived from the top of the block, being caught by the waiting men in black. This drew a cheer from the crowd as she landed. The men then flipped her over and carried her to the centre of the stage again while she sung the next part. The camera shot the angle from above so that Maya could look directly into the camera while she sung.

You are a forbidden melody
And when I know I should go but I just can’t leave
So please…
Destroy everything
But you know I would not have it, any other way

As she began to sing the chorus she was placed down by the men, who then jumped off the front of the stage as the the stage itself burst into colour again with the rain drop pattern on the ground and the thunder and lightning effects on the LED screens to the back and sides.

Crash into me! (Let the storm clouds gather)
Crash into me! (We will charge each other)
R’kod iti ba’ra’amim v’barakim - רקוד איתי ברעמים וברקים [Dance with me in the thunder and lightning]
Shir iti K’s’arah ko’eset - שיר איתי כסערה כואסת [Sing with me as the storm rages on]
Crash into me!

As the song became more mellow for a moment, she lay back down on the floor while singing. The camera angle showing her in the midst of the rain effects for the first time. She pushed her hand through her hair as the camera zoomed in close to her face and she looked softly down the camera.

Destroy everything
But you know I couldn’t give it up
And you struck me…

The stage once again burst into life, the backing screens became brighter, and at more common intervals the lightning effect occurred. She spun up once again and side stepped to one side of the stage while singing. As she sung the Hebrew parts, she then descended onto the floor, before spinning on her back and then getting on her knees. Pounding the ground twice she jumped back up to sing the last line.

Hitrasek Elaiy! - התרסק אליי [Crash into me] (Let the storm clouds gather)
Hitrasek Elaiy! - התרסק אליי [Crash into me] (We will charge each other)
Crash into me!
You struck me!

As she finished she jumped down onto her knees and a huge rumble of thunder rang out throughout the stadium accompanied by a strike of lightning. The stage then returned to normal as Maya bowed and smiled before jogging off stage.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:14 pm

15. Royal Kingdom of Québec
Repave-
Dayfall

Language: English
Composed by: Mark Pincombe, Ian McNaughton, Simon O'Brien
Written by: Mark Pincombe, David Giguere
To the Tune Of - Westlife- Safe

Repave
Mark Pincombe, 31
Ian McNaughton, 32
David Giguere, 31
Simon O'Brien, 30

Stage Manager: Lucas Kim, 52
Stage Director: Srul Kravitz, 27

Alanis Oboneswin School of Arts&Torshavn Lingsholm Gymnasium Exchange Drama Ensemble: Group of 34 students and 5 staff members

Members of Repaveentered the stage. It was completely dark, preventing them from being seen. Other members have entered the stage three minutes before, in order to adjust their instruments. local stage crew had to adjust things as soon as the previous performance ended, for the last performance needing such band arrangements was Yttribia's, 2 entries removed. Roof of the stage was also adjusted by the stage technicians for additional changes that will be used during the performance, as well as LED screen getting larger.

The accompanying band started the song with gentle, soft intro of piano. Lights were aimed at Simon as he slowly walked from the backstage along the piano instrumental, all the way to the centre of the front stage. At the same time, two of the lights were aimed at Ian and David, who were in each standing in one of the boxes like a lonely ranger. Ian was sitting in the highest level of the boxes in left side, while David was at the same level in right side. They looked extremely calm, being the veterans in the industry for about about 11 years now.

At the same time, alternating sequences of two different storylines were shown in the LED screen. First storyline, titled Nyhavn- La Nuit, was about letting go of someone beloved while the second storyline, which was titled Arlanda- Morceaux, was about hand-to-hand support when in need. So for first one, the following was shown. The second storyline was much shorter and was not to be seen until the chorus was sung for the first time. The very scene began at the basement of a bar in Nyhavn, a historic city in a Danish-Czech kingdom of Norrehavn. Simon was shown sitting in the old, classy-looking counter, looking as solemn and miserable as he can be. He then turned and around to look at the teenagers, which gave him a flashback to past. During that journey to the very night 15 years ago, several scenes of depression, alcoholism, marriage and kids, as well as success as Repave, were each briefly shown.

Intro

He sang the first four lines extremely softly, trying to evoke the pain of trying to find his way out of the love that's not only far away but also hard to sustain, despite the plentiful emotion and support. His voice sounded like soft, delicate snowflakes with distinctive blows of every humane sentiment into it.

The scene showed younger version of him and the crew of his comrades entering the bar through the staircase that connects the ground and basement floors. There were two ways to enter the room: through the door directly connecting it to the steep staircase to the ground, as well as through the staircase that leads one from the main floor of the bar. People of both Norrish and Quebecois nationalities sat in series of tables and quite a few of them bar counter and some in the pool table. Young Simon was sitting in a table, just by the window and not far from the futsal table at one corner. Once Simon starts singing, young incarnation of Simon started to mouth the words while chatting with the bartender or staring into the air.

1st Verse
Trying to weave our way through
It's still hard to breathe
Though the stars all I could see in you
I'm pulled like gravity

He lifted his voice, little bit higher and with more strength, and sang the next two lines. The lights turn into blue. Ian and David started to provide some layers of harmonies now, each reaching an arm into the air. At the same time, the LED screen showed a Norrish friend of his patting his back, before suggesting him to join the chat as Simon turned. Simon turned and joined the long table on a corner nearby, where 7 were sitting. Fortunately there's an empty seat available, so he got to sit on it- a good seat because his love interest was sitting in front of him.

Even as the waves roll
It makes me hard to believe

While he was singing it, Ian and David slowly walked towards Simon and sang the harmonies. His singing of it sounded like a light whisper to someone he loves and is protecting. The stage gets illuminated with the likes of light blue and white, with some light beams aimed towards the audience.

1st Chorus
How you gonna know?
How you gonna feel?
How you gonna find your way out,
from the vultures and thieves on your way?
If you're down and homesick,
I will keep you safe
And through the cold and lonely nights
I see our love shining, ce soir
Til the end you'll be here, safe

It started to snow over the stage, while holograms of fireflies started to add to the specks of uniqueness into it, providing an unique atmosphere to the stage.
All the lights were aimed at Mark, who's at the floor of the box located in mid-level, right side(OOC: green box on the image provided for stage) as Simon finished singing. He was sitting in a Crossed leg variation: From the basic crossed leg position, place one hand flat on the floor and lean on it. The opposite leg was up and the foot flat on the floor.
There's a staircase between that very box and one a level below it(OOC: pink box located right under the green box), as well as a door between the backstage and the very mid-level box. Just as he started to sing, Mark slowly walked down the staircase and to the spot right next to Simon.

The LED screen continued to show two different altering storylines. For the first one, it was also shown that young Simon was chatting with his crush/love interest, each other sharing some laughs as they engaged themselves in a deep conversation. Then, Simon quickly had to go to billiards table, where he asked a Norrish friend of his some money to borrow, which he agreed to do so for the sake of his love life. Meanwhile, for Arlanda-Morceaux, Mark was shown stuck in the wreckage of a car crash. He was mouthing the words barely, looking as if he's suffering with some pain.

2nd Verse
Doesn't even matter to you,
To see the glass standing between
For days I thought of leaving you
So you won't see what's in me

Mark clenched his heart on one hand and reached it forward, while on LED screen he tried to reach a hand into the air like trying to push his way out of it by a helping hand on presence. But that's clearly not there, and the scene turned back to Ian driving over the dark, desert highway, swerving lanes back and forth.

But then I saw your shivering heart
Makes me clench my heart away

Lights of neon and blue shone upon the quartet as they, in unison but with more emphasis on Mark, sang the chorus. Their vocals sounded extremely harmonised and solid, after years of what they have been training for. While in the screen it was shown that Mark, still stuck, was in the same state while Ian was on his way quickly on his car. Meanwhile for 'Nyhavn-La Nuit', Ian was just looking at her as she slowly drank little bit of beer she ordered in a bottle. Shortly after he ordered another bottle, and aside from that her drinking it bit by bit just brought bits and bits of his thoughts/feelings to deeper level. Then, Ian was indecisive for about an hour(but of course, several seconds in the actual thing), unable to do anything further.

2nd Chorus
So How you gonna know?
How you gonna feel?
If you're hurt and broken,
I will keep you safe
Through the cold and lonely nights
I see our love shining ,bright/tonight

Mark shouted the phrase out in a well-refined, but loud notes from low to register, emotions being shown in every vein of his body.
For Nyhavn, soon that indecisiveness came to bite him as she suddenly started packing up and left with a friend(actually young David in disguise). Simon, who saw her finishing to pack when coming back from paying for a song at the jukebox, panicked a little bit. Knowing that this is not good, he walked outside (there's a door directly connecting the basement to street)and started to regret about my indecisiveness. At the end our very boy walked around the corner(I was at one side of the corner that was not on her way to the station) and found her and David on the way back to the nearby train station..... in distance.

I'll hold you safe

LED Screen continued to show what happened meanwhile: At that moment on screen, Simon dropped to the ground on his knees, realising my mistake for being so indecisive. He muttered and cried a little bit, then came back to the basement with loud entry via the door. Next, in very quick, several sequences of events, the storyline continued: So eventually he walked back into the very basement, though not without creating some noise and staggering a bit. Right away I ordered a glass and gulped it away instantly. Then what happened earlier at the bar ago flashed back in my head and He got extremely emotional. Young Simon started to go in and out of the bar, crying every time I went outside(though without tears for most of the time) and staggered a bit. He felt extremely bad about letting things go when I knew that It was the right time and opportunity to take chance on her. Obviously shit got real and others wondered if the guy was okay or so. A friend of his, a Quebecois female of his size, asking me 3-4 times if he's was okay and he mouth'd the reply as yes, though clearly I wasn't. That being said, Simon's misfortunes continued as he started writing down the series of lyrics named 'Confessions made while drunk'. Unfortunately, he accidentally deleted the file shortly before exiting the bar for one last time.

We slowly break down
Yet still standing high

In the end, he just ordered a bottle on the way out and drank it by the street, with around 10 others as well. That didn't affect me further than what I was already going through. Once done with that, I was chatting with some ppl and took a bottle of Smirnoff(it tasted quite sweet), before smashing into the ground. The smashing of bottle and pouring of liquid to the ground was paid with deep attention through close shot.

Because the lost steps and broken minds,
The more we dream, the more we see it alive

Simon calmly and slowly sang the next 4 lines, trying not to spoil the mood of the piece and the first storyline. His voice now resembled the delicate, slowly melting snow in the sunlight of a Winter morning. The boxes were rearranged, with each having a pale tree placed right in front of. Pale lights covered everyone in Repave, but especially Simon, for he's the one singing the lines right now. Meanwhile, the LED screen continued to show what happened to our very storylines. For first one, the following happen: At the very next morning Simon was standing in the airport, slowly walking to the gate with a light baggage on his left arm. He looked in an awful mental condition(didn't get any hangovers though) and was in internal regret mode as he slowly walked. For 'Arlanda', a medium shot was aimed at the still-burning wreckage, before turning over and zooming to where Mark's at. He's no longer moving, after hours of struggle.

So How you gonna know?
How you gonna feel?

The stage light changed into this, now aiming into them and audience, as they bellowed out the chorus in a fortissimo mix of strong lead vocals and harmonies. Everyone in the accompaniment hit the notes in full forte, as it went on. Hologram visions of fireflies flew over the stage, filling the area before moving towards the audience. For the storylines, things started to bounce back for those who's been suffering. On the former one, Simon managed to see her love interest walking with a purse and a light piece of luggage shortly some distance away. He ran to her, caught her, who got surprised over it, smiling. They were smiling at each other and talked for a while. For the latter, Ian managed to come just at the right time and stopped at the wreckage. He ran into the flames that were near where Mark's been and pulled him right out of it. Then Ian slowly carried him out of the wreckage, as the car exploded right behind them.

1st Chorus

David softly whispered to the microphone as she sang the phrase sadly, with her throat filled up with various kinds of emotions. The accompaniment was now drastically changed of its volume and strength to Mezzo-Piano. On screen things were on the way to end, as Simon then lunged further and cupped her face as she smiled, while Mark and Ian slowly drove back to the deserted highway of the snowy desert.

I'll hold you safe

Then the percussionist hit the last note of the accompaniment, and Ian completed the song by calmly wrapping up the last line with much-needed softness. It was without the intensity that filled the whole arena, going back to the beginning of the piece on what could be described as the cycle of dynamics and intensity. On the screen the happy ending of another storyline was presented: Simon kissed his love interest gently on a medium shoot, before the scene got changed to a long shot showing people in the 100m of that terminal as life goes back to norm.

I'll hold you safe

Everyone in the Quebecois delegation quickly gathered in a long row, right at the front of the stage."Thank you, everyone! Have a great night!" They shouted in unison, before giving the audience one nice, deep bow to complete the procedure. Then they all left the stage, feeling extremely content of their performances. The standings didn't matter to them anymore. It was a worthwhile, fun while up there and they just appreciated the opportunities that came to the Royal Kingdom of Quebec again, after a 4-edition absence from WV.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:52 pm

JALO: Hey bros and girls! I'm here in beautiful Gronbis, Lyonsland covering WorldVision 32 with the man who brought us to where we are now- VulkanischenJään!
*view pans to reveal Vulki*
VULKI: Hey guys.
*he waves and nods, then turns to Jalo*
JALO: So last year, Lyonsland won the contest with that incredible song, "Take Back" by Sierra Foster. This time, they've won their bid to host it.
VULKI: I like that continuity, I wonder how it would be like if it happened every contest. The winner hosting, I mean. Though I'm sure Lyonsland would love winning every year.
*they laugh a bit*
JALO: They sure would! Unfortunately our own Aulis and Kentahashi didn't do quite as well as we hoped.
VULKI: I liked their song, but "Take Back" really deserved that win, I think.
JALO: I guess so. Well, Sierra Foster's back for the opening act, so let's see what she's got!

Opening Act-United Tonight

JALO: Quite different from her winning song, but I really liked it!
VULKI: Energetic, catchy, and an interesting setup with that ring of flags.
JALO: Energetic is the word. Those strobe lights, those pyros... quite a bang there. They sure know how to celebrate.
VULKI: Well winning the contest and then the hosting rights would do that to you. If that happened to us, I'd go all out as well.

JALO: And now Verona's up. Didn't they do that propaganda song last time?
VULKI: They did. Let's see what they came up with this time.

United Regions of Verona-Wild

JALO: A nice little opening tune.
VULKI: It's fun and carefree, but the grammar's a bit off there. I did like her involvement with the audience though.
JALO: Yeah, I thought it was really sweet.

Next up is The Ultimate Evil. Great name, huh?
VULKI: I think they had a flaming crowbar incident that either injured or killed a number of people in the audience the year we debuted. Not to mention their song name was "Tapan Sinut". So yes, they're quite sweet.
JALO: Let's see how charming they'll be, five contests later.

The Ultimate Evil-Yakostani Heart (Stormhumper)- Crack

VULKI: Powers above. Each and every one of them.
JALO: Talented, I guess.
VULKI: They seem to like Gregoryisgodistan. The lyrics were clever, however. I liked that.
JALO: Interesting plotline as well.
VULKI: And that powder for the kids, too. Clearly sweets.
JALO: Clearly.
*Jalo smirks, and the two look at each other with knowing expressions*
VULKI: Unfortunately that was quite an expensive act-between the physical damage, injuries, deaths, lawsuits- and not to mention the luxury auto and jewelry.
JALO: Well, it gets better the farther away you are from it, and we had a great view. I think the expense miiiight have been worth it.
VULKI: Besides the traumatized souls and shattered lives.
JALO: Well yeah, besides that.
*Jalo waves it away*

JALO: Up now is Britonisea, with a song called "From The Man Who Pushed Me Down The Stairs".
VULKI: It's certainly an inventive title.

Britonisea-From The Man Who Pushed Me Down The Stairs

*Jalo is laughing, Vulki is attempting to hold it in*
JALO: Powers above. That was hilarious.
VULKI: I have to say, I like how they combined the staging with Tess's song.
*he chuckles*
VULKI: It really is unique.
JALO: She's got me cheering.

Next is Missus X, apparently a colony of Mister X. Gotta wonder where that name came from.
VULKI: Maybe we will see "X Junior" someday.

Missus X-By Golly

JALO: Militant heterosexuals? I can see the conservative uproar about that.
VULKI: Certainly going to be controversial back home.
JALO: At least he's learned from his mistake, that's the least anyone can do.
VULKI: Musically though, it was quite pleasant.
JALO: Kinda funny, actually, if you watch the performance. I'd watch it again, though I think I like Britonisea's better.

Fifth up is Ekoz, with a song called "Party". Will it make us want to party?

Ekoz-Party

VULKI: Damn, I'd go to Ekoz just for those men.
JALO: I know, right? And that awesome song really did make me, at least, want to party. Whoo! "Na na, na na na na, oohh, party.."
*Vulki laughs*
VULKI: Don't get too carried away, now.

JALO: And next we have Rutthenia.

Rutthenia-Having Fun

-reserved-

JALO: And next... is us! Specifically, my buddy Veli Pinheiro! Love him, love his song. Can't wait to see him in action!
VULKI: I've heard it, and I'm with you.

Tödlichebujoku-Cyanide Eyes

JALO: ...
Wow.
*Jalo squints into the crystal he's watching the contest on*
VULKI: I feel both embarrassed and proud of myself right now-my song was nowhere near that dramatic, but it paved the way for Veli's to enter. That really shook the arena and sent shivers down my spine.
JALO: Exactly how many of his fans came along? There's like a whole section devoted to them.
VULKI: They're really devoted to him, that's for sure.
JALO: Well, we can't vote for him, but you can support him by etching on his personal Shard.
You know what? That's just what we'll do during our short break. See ya!
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:29 pm

JALO: Aand we're back. Eighth is Luziyca. Yup, that nation.
VULKI: Quite unique.

Luziyca-Longing for Home

VULKI: Well, it's not as bad as some earlier Luziycan performances.
JALO: I like how it told a story, it's quite nice.
VULKI: I think Luziyca has a thing for those types of entries.

JALO: Oh, by the way, there's this really awesome tea here in Lyonsland-
*he waves a bottle*
JALO: -it's really awesome, I got it from a shop near our hotel. If you ever visit here, you should really try some. They have some pretty cool juices here, too.

Well, anyway, next we have Calusie! Not Kalosia, Calusie.
*he stresses the difference in pronounciation*

Calusie-The Lives of Those

JALO: A heartwarming performance by Loli Amaeurr. Slow and steady.
VULKI: Like a hymn, quite beautiful, yet haunting.
JALO: Definitely one to consider.
Worldvision regular Polkopia is next. What will they have under their belt?

Polkopia-Uh Oh

JALO: A fun little number, I like the spunkiness.
VULKI: Fun and simple.

JALO: Now it's Gregoryisgodistan- hopefully you viewers enjoyed that bouncy Polkopian song, because here comes a totally not possibly offensive entry! I can't wait! Can't you?
VULKI: Let's see.

Gregoryisgodistan-Heathens Never Learn

JALO: They definitely put a lot of work into that performance. You go, Greg!
*Jalo presents a dazzling smile to the viewers*
VULKI: Glad to see they don't hate us. Must be nasty to be on that list.
JALO: That's a plus.

And now we have our second debutant after Calusie, KwaDai!

KwaDai-C'est Incroyable (It's Amazing)

JALO: What a song!
*Jalo is grinning, for real*
VULKI: I liked the beat, and it's interesting how the song is able to focus on a single moment the way it does.
JALO: A great work, really.

And here's Yttribia, with the creatively titled "The Single"!

Yttribia-Unnamed Song

*the two men are applauding*
JALO: Actually quite nice.
VULKI: I liked it, something a bit different from the other songs and very well done.

JALO: And it looks like Kishrael, another heavyweight in the competition, is next with "Thunder and Lightning" by Maya Levina!

Kishrael-Thunder and Lightning

JALO: A standard Kishraeli entry, but like all Kishraeli entries, it's jawdropping! And a thunderous exit!
*Jalo smiles a bit at his little pun*
VULKI: I like how she used the boxes for those acrobatics. Very eyecatching.
JALO: I've always liked Kishraeli entries, and this is no different.

And it's followed up by another WorldVision heavyweight, the Royal Kingdom of Québec. Stay tuned!
VULKI: Huh, Québec. They placed second the last time they competed-in fact the very edition I performed in- so they're definitely one to watch.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

The Jasminia Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jasminia Islands » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:53 pm

16. THE JASMINIA ISLANDS

You Belong With Me - Christine Solé
Tune: Quédate Conmigo - Pastora Soler

(Brackets indicate backing singers)

Christine could feel the butterflies in her stomach. It was the Jasminia Islands' first time in the competition and she knew that the whole nation was watching back at home, expecting greatness. She heard the crowd roar as the Quebecois song came to an end. 'This is it,' she thought to herself as she began walking towards the stage.

Christine stood alone in the middle of the stage. Behind her the colossal screen showed the night sky with a handful of stars twinkling dimly. A single spotlight shone on her making her simple white dress glow. Christine took a breath and stepped up to the microphone as the piano kicked in.
I never ever wanted this
For a short moment it was bliss
But now I’m here alone

Christine lifts her arms up and holds the microphone with both hands. She gives the audience a look of sorrow.
Your love was pure, it made me strong
Your heart of gold could do no wrong
But I messed it up so badly
I’m so sorry

Christine reaches out a hand to the crowd as if to touch someone.
I hope that you’ll forgive
‘Cos your place is right beside me

As the song transitions into the chorus, the background of stars begins to glow a soft, warm orange. But Christine stays still, fixed to the spot, trying to hold and caress the air as if her partner was there.
We don’t have to be at war
Stay with me forevermore
‘Cos you belong with me
Please return back to me
I’ll give what I never gave before

The back drop returns to showing the night sky, but now there are more stars. Behind Christine, more spotlights have turned on, illuminating small circles on the stage. Two pairs of dancers, dressed in black, glide onto the stage. The men throw the women into the air and catch them gracefully. Gradually, more and more pairs join them on the stage.
I know you’re hurting ‘cos of me
I didn’t mean to, honestly
Please believe me

Behind Christine, the dancers have come together and begun to form a human staircase.
I hope that you’ll forgive
‘Cos your place is right beside me

Christine pulls the mic from the stand and starts to walk the bottom of the staircase. Five backup singers, sporting white suits emerge from the shadows at the back of the stage. Christine then proceeds to gingerly climb the staircase.
We don’t have to be at war
Stay with me forevermore
‘Cos you belong with me
Please return back to me

Christine is almost at the top. On the background, the stars begin to fade as they are overpowered by the light of a sunrise.
I really hope that you’ll see
That us together is our destiny!

Now standing at the top of the staircase, Christine takes a deep breath to power into the final choruses. A wind machine blasts her with cold air, making her dress and hair billow about. The backing singers have gathered at the bottom of the staircase and are also climbing the staircase.
(We don’t have to be at war)
Please I beg there’s no more war
(Stay with me forevermore)
Yes!
‘Cos you belong with me
Please return back to me

Christine and the backing singers raise their left arms to the sky as the song reaches its climax. A pyrotechnic waterfall showers radiant sparkles behind Christine and the staircase.
I can’t live if we’re apart
(No longer shall we be apart)
You and I, we share a beating heart
(Without you, it’s a bleeding heart)
‘Cos you belong with me
Please return back to me
This can be our brand new start!

The lights black out as the audience gives a standing ovation. From the darkness, a breathless Christine shouts, 'THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!'
Last edited by The Jasminia Islands on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Crown Principality of the Jasminia Islands
Proud member of the Social Liberal Union
"No Beauty Shines Brighter"
WorldVision 32 (Gronbis, Lyonsland) You Belong With Me - Chrstine Solé - (17th - 49 pts)
WorldVision 33 (Carnise, Ekoz) Stains - Nina - (8th - 70 pts)
WorldVision 34 (TBD) TBA - Drew Green - (TBD)

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:00 am

17. Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic

Song:without
Artist:Angelika Brown & Thomas Row
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB7L1BIDELc

Text
Without the hate
Without the discrimination
Without the racism
Without at all

Extreme Nationalism
Homosfoby Act
Violent act
aganint opposite think
Religious Intollerance
Always war,
In the world
we were live now

In the dark time
when the pollution
destroy the nature
seems there aren't
the solution
at this important issue
It's a catastrophe
Where are the place into world
It's a disaster
then the people died of hunger,
when the other place
have the opposite problem
when were speniding aganist this

Without the hate
Without the racism
Without at all
And get better the world
And get better the world
And get better the world

Poor and the rich
the difference is huge
Avid capitalist want
to keep all for this,
in a damege
to other people
who are struggling
to maintain their families
Why this inegualiance?
Why some people
are narcisist,
who think they are better
when we are only
human,
also with difference.
Why the racism?
They are discriminated because immigrant
And tho homofoby?
Because they love,
and want to give love,
but the religion brake this integration
in the modern society

Without the hate
Without the racism
Without at all
And get better the world
And get better the world
And get better the world

Without the hate
Without the racism
Without at all
And get better the world
And get better the world
And get better the world

How the media spoke the crime avveniment
often the criminal subjer are foreigher,
and give the impression of the all of this
it isn't a raccomandable person, but it's false,
they want only to reach a better life
and if we treat all people as human the world get better and some strages will be avoided.
You probably think that never happen,
or are impossible that all the human species are “equal”
But this possible, if we want. And stop the prejudices
that break the human progres,
because this are the progress, and we must have this objective
and the civilization go to the right track

Without the hate
Without the racism
Without at all
And get better the world
And get better the world
And get better the world

Without the hate
Without the racism
Without at all
And get better the world
And get better the world
And get better the world (x2)

Without the hate

Without the racism

Without at all
Last edited by Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:59 am

/ 18 - The Sarian /
/ Vidi ft. The National Choir - Sing Together /

/ Language(s): English /

To the tune of: Emilie De Forest - Rainmaker (Gospel Version)
IIwiki Article: Vidian Walters (Incomplete)

Vidian Annabeth Walters breathed in deeply, and exhaled. She could feel the tension building up inside her, like a tidal wave building up in the sea, around her the National Choir, an organization founded to help disadvantaged people into music, were looking queasy too - looking to each other for support. But along with the look of nerves up all of the twenty-six members faces, there was also the stern expression of determination, they were going to do each other proud. The producer walked over the hubble of artists - "Vidi and The National Choir, you guys are up. Good luck". Suddenly calming, the group of Sarian representatives headed towards the stage, it's time.

While they were heading onto the stage, setting up and such like, the Sarian's postcard played in every household across the country. The Group - that is Vidi and The National Choir were making their way down the iconic portside of the Highsthrope Historic Dockyard, passing monuments that would only be recognizable to the Sarian audience (and the occasional Esportivan), including the S.S Chippenham - the ship that founded The Sarian. This was the ship they chose to board, whistling as they went, saluting a Sarian Naval Officer as they past. Reaching the flagpole in the center of the ship, they began to rise it high, fluttering in the high winds of the Islands, the camera slowly zooming in on the flag, until it was all that was in shot. Finally, the screen paused showing just the flag, and the singers began to sing:

Way-a way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way

Way-a way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way

The stage, with it's LED screen was entirely black, The National Choir standing towards the black, all dressed in green and white plaid shirts, with blue jeans, while Vidi was at the front, standing on a slightly raised platform, dressed in the same attire as her backing choir.

Divided, thats how we die out
Division, that's what hates about
United, we sow the seed of love
United, we're stronger, no doubt

Suddenly bursting into life after their verse of silence, The National Choir began to begin an almost tribal chant of "Hey Hey", while lifting their hands up in the air, again in an almost tribal way - encouraging the 18,000 strong audience to do the same.

Beating borders, louder
Crossing oceans, louder
Beating borders, louder
Crossing oceans...

Now half the choir joined in with Vidi's chorus, while the other half continued the chant of "Way-a way-o way-o way-a" from the songs opening.

Oh, I sing, I sing for unity
It's in our hands, join the world band
Oh, I sing, I sing my favourite song
United we sing, divided we fall

Let us sing, let us sing together
oho oho
oho oho

The rush of noise and movement now quieted down, the choir only providing a soft "ooooh" to Vidi's vocals.

One voice, carried in the wind
One voice, coming from within
Join us, join our melody
I said, join us, sing for eternity

However, the noise and movement returned once again, with the tempos increase, the choir again encouraging the audience to get on their feet and raise their hands.

Beating borders, louder
Crossing oceans, louder
Beating borders, louder
Crossing oceans...

I sing, I sing my favourite song

oho oho
oho oho

The tempo once again died down, though not as drastically as previous times, the choir both singing and clapping, while Vidi encouraged the audience to do the same.

Way-a way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way
(Oooooh Yeah)

Way-a way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way-a
(Waaay-aaaa)
Way-o way-o way

The stadium then turned to complete darkness, a spotlight solely on Vidi, her voice the only thing breaking the silence of the stage that was once vibrant with sound just seconds before.

I sing, I sing my favourite song

Lights burst back on, even the LED Screen at the back of the stage, which had been black for the entirety of the performance turned white, with flecks of bronze seeping through.

It's in our hands... world band!
Oh, I sing, I sing my favourite song

The audience, now firmly on their feet began to join in with the final bout of "way-a", realizing the songs message of singing together.

oho oho
oho oho

oho oho
oho oho

oho oho
oho oho

The music stopped, the lights dimmed slightly and the movement ceased.

"Thank you so much, everyone, from all of us. We've had a fantastic night, and we hope you are having one too, thank you!"

Exstatic, the singer and her choir ran off the stage, whooping as they reached the green room. It was the performance of a lifetime, they just hoped the rest of the world loved it as much as they did.
Last edited by The Sarian on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Takatashi
Attaché

Founded: Jun 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Takatashi » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:26 am

Lin Hatsune - Blowing Wind
Tune

The venue turns off all lights, except for one spotlight following Lin as she walks to the centre of the stage, in her a red blouse and a white skirt that dropped to her knees, and 2" black high heels. Her long hair was flowing down her back, and she smiled a small smile. In the middle of the stage is a wooden modern bench, and she sits down on it, her legs crossed. The music began, and she began singing.

The wind blows, towards me, towards you,
the bushes and trees rustling, the leaves flying,
the spring flowers in bloom dancing, in the wind,
but with you theres no cold, no wind, but only you,

She begins to slowly rock her head, her face in an expression of pure relaxation,

Cars may pass this field, destroying the silence other than the wind,
but I couldn't care less, because I'm with you, my love,
The wind has slowed, not like I have noticed, and the bees have come out to play,
with me and you

Bush props with flowers in bloom get pushed in, and beautiful paper bees hanging from the ceiling get moved around them,

but with you theres no cold, no wind, but only you

Lin stands up, and slowly walks around the bushes and bench, moving her hand closely under the bees, not touching them,

The butterflies have come out now,
and the wasps have came out too, but you will protect me, won't you?
I love you, and you love me, seasons may pass, but you will never change or pass,
for you are mine, and I am yours,

Lin reaches the bench again and sits down, this time not crossing her legs.

Now beautiful paper butterflies hang from the ceiling, along with the bees, circling the bushes and bench. As each of the 50 paper butterflies pass by Lin, she, like with the bees, glides her arm underneath them, careful not to touch them,

We hold hands, the butterflies racing around us,
the wasps have gone home, the bees humming as they land on flowers,
the trees green leaves shining in the sunshine, a cloudless blue sky,
me enjoying every moment with you, the wind passing by us,

Now tree props roll in, beautifully painted and detailed, just like the bushes, and Lin get's up again, and begins to walk around the bushes, bench and trees,

Lin stops by the left tree, standing on the audience's right.

I'm with you, you with me, I'll forever think of you,
I can't bear to think of anything or anyone else but you,
hopefully the same with you my love, forever with you,
forever thinking of you,

Lin begins walks again, but only to the right of the bush by the tree, and begins to sing again,

She begins to walk back to the bench, and sits down again, crossing her legs,

It's getting dark, and with you, hand in hand,
we return to the white cottage, in the middle of the field,
our home, our eternal home,

Lin stands up in front of the bench, and sings the last chorus,

Last edited by Takatashi on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Takatashi Network

A Network of the Government. Destroy it.

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:52 am

Beginning the trasission
http://youtu.be/QYxTVE31ido
Imagine that write WorldVision and not eurovision ;-)

Opening Act

Merkel: Good aftennon at the Internazionale TV. It's the beccining of the 32nd edition of WorldVisionSong Contest, next to me there are Houmere. How are you?
Houmiere: Good thanks, now thes how begis we hear many son we begin

1. VERONA

2. ULTIMATE EVIL

M.: Good melody this song
H.: Yes, but you can see, that this song didn't convict me.
M.: Ok. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 02 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah
#WSC32AH What i didnt like this song, the "communism" word i didn't want to see!!!"
#WSC32AH I love it!!! 12 points

3. BRITONISEA

4.MISSUS X

M.: Uh nice text and song, Missus X can took 12 point!!!
H.: Wait where are more other songs
M.: Ok. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 04 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

5.Ekoz

M.: Fantastic, I love, I love and I love
H.: Yes this is an another candidate to 12 points, I prefer this as Missus X song
M.: Ok. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 05 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

#WSC32AHI can dance, dance, dance, hurrah
#WSC32AH Ekoz Ekoz Ekoz

06. RUTTENIA

7.TODLICHEBUREAU

M.: UH, Seems an complaints
H.: Yes , but only at beginning, after begin to be better
M.: Yes, But I didnt think that this song keep over 4 points. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 07 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

#WSC32AH Booooooooooring
#WSC32AHNice Song, but i Approve the commentary

8. LITZICA

M.: Ahh. this song
H.: It's isn't very bad, but it isn't in the alingan personal preferences
M.: Ok. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 08 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

#WSC32AH I like this song it's isn't bad
#WSC32AH What!!! Like tis song, is orrible!!!

9. CALUSIE

M.: Mmmm... that concerns
H.: What's emoction trasmits?
M.: I don't know this, but maybe the people at home like this song. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 09 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

#WSC32AHAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

10. POLKOPiA

11. GREGISGODSTAN

M. Nooo... wtf
H. (faint)
M. Oh my god, the singer had burnt people and sucide, and it isn't the frist time.
i say that hte Greg is a dctitionship, but it isn't a justification

12. KWADAI

M.: NIce song
H.: Confirm, it's isn't bad, seriusly
M.: I don't know this, but maybe the people at home like this song. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 12 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

13. YTTRIBIA

M.: Rock, I didn't lime rock
H.: Instead i like rock, a beatiful song
M.: OK. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 13 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

14. KISHRAEL

M.: I dance to thiiis
H.: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh... yesssss If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 14 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

#WSC32AHHeelo Smantha i Love you. I dedicate this song to You
#WSC32AHI and my friend dance to this song

15. Royal Kingdom of Quebec

16. JASMINE ISLANDS

M.: Good text, but bad tune
H.: Yes, the tune it isn't the better
M.: VOTE. If you like this send a message or call at (+7) 0101 515 173 16 or go to the site http://www.wvsgalinghi.ah

17. ALINGHI

M.: We remember your, that we can't vote for us, the vote will annulled
H.: And say this the wish to win with this song

#WSC32AHGo Alinghi win!!!!!!!!!!
#WSC32AHOooo o o oooooo oooooooo
Last edited by Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates