NATION

PASSWORD

Once upon a time in Esquarium 2.0 [Closed, Esquarium only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:57 am

By Glory of Her Majesty - By Dignity of the People

The State of Min has witnessed the destructive power of the great wave within the Central Ocean. I and my esteemed companions have felt great sorrow towards this.

Thus, by Grace of the Burning Lion and the Glory of my House, ample supplies, shelter and other necessities have been sent outwards towards the affected areas of Kaona-Phikam, Namor, Ainin, Pisdara and Bohemia. Vessels bearing the green Sumpusin are bringers of relief towards the affected regions. We, through necessary consideration, have certainty that they could accommodate thusly.

To the lands of the Central Basin, these are times of great darkness. This is the hour that we must set aside differences and antagonies for the sake of the people's wellbeing. Our banners may differ, yet we are all among humanity, and as such we must, at least for today join together for strength and unity in these times.

-Sealed by Her Glorious Majesty Sirati Kanyon-

Translated by the Ministry of the Exterior

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Transcript of a press conference at the Presidential Palace
Dated 13 June, 2017

PRESIDENT KAL SIMPSEN: Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for being with me in this uneasing time. In the face of certain issues that have sprung abroad, it is vital for me to address them in a timely manner and clarify certain main points to which I have arrived.

As almost all of you would have known by now, on the 10th of June, a mere three days ago, a magnitude 9.4 earthquake struck in the East Namor ea. While the earthquake itself may not cause worrying damage, another disaster it spawned wrecked havoc across numerous countries. A tidal wave, which has been called the Wave of the Century, has swept through and caused grievous damages in Namor, Ainin, Kaona, Phikam and other countries. Coastal regions have been inundated, debris have been thrashed haphazardly and families have been ripped apart.

This unforeseen calamity has resulted in at least five confirmed Pavonistadians deaths, but it has resulted in many more innocent lives taken from multiple countries. For this, as I repeat my urgent notifications on certain social media outlets, it is only right for me to express utmost condolences once more for the families of innocent people who died in the tragic tidal wave. It is also important for me to express the deepest condolences I can offer for the fellow Pavonistadians we have lost abroad, and for their grieving loved ones and relatives.

Our government shall be working without any delay, hesitation or discrimination with others abroad to identify any other nationals that we may unfortunately have lost, so that those who indeed are no longer on this world shall be given due respect and be bidden a final farewell.

Here, however, is where the mourning ends and justice begins. As you have all heard earlier, I merely mentioned that innocent lives were taken in the calamity that came in the form of a tidal wave, and I merely offered condolences to the families of innocent people. There is a fine line between innocent people who deserve condolences and guilty people who do not deserve the same condolences, and in our case, the guilty people are the supporters or members of the Namorese government.

There is no question that this will upset certain people, but for the innocent people, there is no need to be upset. Several months ago, the Defence of Namorese Dignity Act or DNDA was drafted by members of the Namorese Central Council. There is only one right decision in regards to the DNDA - that is to reject this most disgusting act - but on March 25, the DNDA was passed in the Central Council and subsequently on March 28, President-General Antelope Shohai promulgated the act that tremendously shunned his country.

It is my conviction that the tidal wave served as retribution for the Namorese failure to stop this damned act from bearing the full force of law, and it is my conviction that those who are guilty indeed deserve to be struck by the tidal wave. Though by expressing my convictions on certain media platforms, I may have set off a wave of infuriation that has swept through multiple countries and incentivized strong responses from multiple national governments.

It is unfortunate that our ambassadors have been expelled from Namor and Ainin, after their governments find my beliefs to be offensive. There have also been reports of acts of violence and hooliganism displayed in vicinity of the Pavonistadian embassy in Namor. While the actions from Namor are quite disappointing, it nevertheless shows that the truth is often - if not always - painful to hear, that they cannot indefinitely leave without owing up to the consequences, either natural or acted upon by man, of heinous atrocities such as the promulgation of the DNDA. As for Ainin, it is utterly disappointing that Foreign Affairs Ainin announced the expulsion of our Ambassador to Ainin. Well, there is little to expect from a leading member of the globalist-imperialist Esquarian Community, an organization in which our country is regrettably part of.

However, I have come to realize that the manner through which I conveyed my conviction has created the impression that the tidal wave was righteous for all victims, guilty or innocent. This is not what I hoped to convey. It is terrible for many innocent lives to be taken away by the tidal wave, but there is nothing terrible about taking away guilty lives. Though I appear to be a damned man that supports the suffering of all people, I only intend to go after the people that have done harm to our society and our nation. There is a great level of tension as a result of my truthful beliefs, and there is great pressure for me to retract my statements and issue an apology, but I see absolutely no reason why I should bend backwards to accommodate the hurt feelings of certain people abroad.

There will not be an apology from me at the moment; it is certainly not in the best interests of Pavonistade. And if that means having some unfilled posts abroad or having people seeing red, I can only say let the posts be blank and let the people see red.

In the midst of this crisis, another country which our government finds to not be aligned our beliefs has taken advantage of the situation to condemn us in an atrocious manner. The Foreign Minister of Ankoren, Hüseyin Dündar (mispronounced by Simpsen), announced that diplomatic relations with our country have been severed and that every Pavonistadian national in their abysmal nation must leave within 48 hours, regardless of their purpose or relation to our government.

First of all, I find it hilarious that Ankoren's government has found the need to expel every single Pavonistadian from their country, including any possible radical liberals that happen to be in the country. At the same moment, it was not surprising that Ankoren has taken the opportunity to sever ties while our country is dealing with certain issues with Namor and Ainin. In fact, I was pleased that diplomatic relations with this cult-following nation have finally been severed, because had it not been for the noble actions of the Foreign Minister today, I would have instructed Foreign Minister Crannon to sever relations with Ankoren in the very near future. It was the matter of who has the right to the first strike, and it was disappointing that sparing us from the first strike is the only good deed that a cult-following nation like Ankoren has accomplished.

Ankoren's Foreign Minister has criticized me, mentioning how I am a bully and how I have nothing to give back to Esquarium, and I have also heard of reports detailing additional criticism from people of certain countries such as Xiaodong. Well, let this be known: I may have no ounce of humanity. I may be a racist, a bully or a deranged thug. I may have nothing positive to contribute, nothing constructive to say and nothing to offer for the growth and development of mankind, as Ankoren's Foreign Minister claimed. But know that I am the president of Pavonistade, and I was elected to serve the people of Pavonistade, not Ankoren's people, not Namor's people, not AInin's people and not the people of any other countries. To me, the only people that matter are my own country's.

Hopefully I cleared up some of my main responses to the ongoing issues at hand. Any questions?

Question Period
GENEVIEVE SAUNTERS: This is Genevieve Saunters of the Pavonistade Agency of News. Do you have any responses to Ankoren's decision to sever diplomatic relations with Pavonistade, such as certain sanctions?

SIMPSEN: If you mean retributory responses, our government is looking at all possibilities at dealing with Ankoren. I cannot comment at the moment what specific possibilities are being considered, but rest assured that whatever our government comes up with, it will be appropriate in dealing with the Ankoreni menace.

TOMAS BOURGEN: Tomas Bourgen of National Sentinel. Will you reciprocate the actions of Ainin and Namor by expelling their respecive ambassadors t oPavonistade?

SIMPSEN: At this moment, I have no intentions to expel the ambassadors from Ainin and Namor because, surprisingly, I am not childish or a savage. I am not going to immediately kick out ambassadors over unjustified hurt feelings, and neither Namor nor Ainin should have expelled our ambassadors. Also, it is quite funny that the Namorese Foreign Ministry claimed I have a "childish reaction" to the tidal wave crisis, but it is them that is being childish by causing the diplomatic crisis.

ALEXANDER EZSTLEV-JONNON: Alexander Ezstlev-Jonnon of the Incident here. You referred to Ankoren as a "cult-following nation", so by cult, were you referring to Islam or the political doctrine of the country.

SIMPSEN: Both Islam and Ankoren's subhuman political doctrine has driven the country at odds with our own. It is fair to describe Islam as a cult and Ankoren's doctrine and movements as cults [audience gasp], because both are like cults. You can go to Ankoren and, God willing, you'll see clear evidence that Ankoren is corrupted before you are removed after a period of 48 hours set by the Foreign Ministry.

ELLA DUFRESNE: Ella Dufresne of PBC News Network. Based on some of your behaviours and comments that have accumulated in the past, a personal aspect may prove worrisome to both Pavonistadians and non-Paonistadians. Are you mentally stable at the moment?
Last edited by Pavonistade on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:20 am

Excerpt of the transcripts of the 77th House of Representatives, 2nd Session for Friday, June 16th, 2017

NIKOLOVICH: Mr. Speaker, considering the effects of the tidal wave in the Dominion of Caona, will the Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs postpone reunification to a later date?

NOVAK: Mr. Speaker, to respond to the question posed by the Leader of the Official Opposition, the Luziycan government remains fully committed to rebuilding the Dominion, and will continue to assist its reconstruction, even after reunification takes place. Our government is working hard to ensure that the necessary infrastructure will be rebuilt by the end of August.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Namor
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:49 pm

A+A

Central Ocean earthquake and tidal wave Earthquakes tidal waves Namor Image
What are the regional/global effects of the Central Ocean tidal wave?

Quý Quang - Tuhaoese Pho Sure, lifelong resident of Hai Nang
Answered June 25

Businesses large and small, and most importantly, seaports were unexpectedly shut down, bringing economic activity in Namor's eastern coast to a virtual halt. The eastern coast is the most developed region in Namor. The middle class may be expanding to unprecedented levels and wealth might be spreading northward, but a good chunk of Namor's economy is still concentrated in the east and south - the same places which were hit by the wave. Consumer confidence and spending both are in free fall, setting a good prelude to a recession.

Other countries are faring just as bad: Ainin is in a state of paralysis, while Phikam - which is already experiencing capital flight because of the coming reunification with mainland Kaona - just experienced one of the worst stock market crashes in its history. While I believe the Aininians will eventually find their way back to stability and prosperity because of their history of coping with recessions, the Phikamese are finished because of the political situation isn't favorable for development. All that's left for them is to embrace the market-unfriendly Communists.

Bottom of the line is that the countries of the Central Ocean occupy a significant share of the global economy, so the effects of the wave are ultimately a liability for everyone.

1.2k upvotes
Downvote answer

NMR-free since August 2017!

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:36 am

We the undersigned,

condemn in the strongest of terms the utterances and actions of Kal Simpsen, president of Pavonistade, whose disrespect for common norms of decency and civility is without precedent. In the wake of the Central Ocean tragedy, whose cause was emphatically natural and without any relationship whatsoever to any cause or ideology, President Simpsen has not responded with the tact and sensitivity expected of a head of state, but with disgusting recriminations and false, slanderous accusations that shock the human conscience.

As the duly-elected leaders of Central Ocean basin states afflicted by this tragedy, we firmly and unconditionally reject the claims and insinuations of President Simpsen and condemn his actions as those of a raving madman who leads his nation upon a path of self-inflicted isolation from the greater community of nations. We furthermore affirm that we shall take all necessary measures to hold President Simpsen and his government accountable for their reckless and unrepentant display of self-serving narcissism in a time of mourning.

Consequently, we agree as follows:

• We are of the strong conviction that a failure by the Esquarian Community, of which Pavonistade is a member, to rebuke the reckless and lawless path of a member-state's rogue government constitutes a stain upon the organisation's credibility and commitment to its professed values of liberalism and humanism.

• We therefore urge in the strongest of terms that the Esquarian Community take immediate and decisive action to condemn the actions of the Simpsen administration and the Pavon government which it administers without credible opposition.

• We believe it self-evident that post-disaster recovery must include the delivery of justice to the victims of the calamity and their protection from false and malicious attacks upon their honour and dignity through remedies prescribed by law and international norms. We reject any interpretation of recovery that divorces the need for justice for victims from the need for material reconstruction.

• Consequently, we view any such attempts as nothing short of obfuscation of the issue at hand and we will reject any and all offers of financial and material assistance from states and organisations that engage in the aforementioned behaviour.

Marianne de Lotbinière
Prime Minister of Ainin

Shohai Antelope
President-General of Namor

Shadar Kabari
Consul for Security and Foreign Affairs of Pisdara___
Yuttapong Rakkiatgym
President of Kaona

Namgung Yunso
Prime Minister of Toksan

Grégoire Mansour
President of Nautarya and Alouatan
Last edited by Ainin on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:30 am

Special Address to the Congress of the Union and the Islamic Union Front
6th July 2017 - Panjshanbeh: 15. Tir 1396 - 12th Shawwal 1438
All members present
Session Speaker: State President Evren Volkan

Speaker of the Union Congress: I know call to order this Special Address of the Congress of the Union and the congressional group of the Islamic Union Front.

Speaker: Please stand for his excellency, Commander of the Union, Comrade-State President Evren Volkan.

(Loud applause; State President assumes position at the podium; applause continues for five minutes)

State President: Friends, colleagues, comrades and citizens.

I address you today, a humbled man. I address you today, as the leader of a nation that has chosen to reaffirm its commitment to determining its own fate, its own future and its own destiny. I stand, not as the leader, but as a fellow stakeholder in tomorrow, for we are tomorrow, we are the future, not just of its continent but of the world.

(Applause)

I address you today, on the most important matter our great Union has discussed perhaps, since the Revolution itself 94 years ago. Because, the issue itself, represents the greatest victory for the revolution, and our great journey and endeavour to build ourselves, a stronger nation, and a united Nautasia. We, through our sacrifice in war in Irvadistan, and the Irvadis through their determination to secure their own future, have secured just that. We now, begin the process of making the dreams and hopes of our revolution, and our founding fathers reality.

On June 28th and July 4th, we together with the kind and noble people of Irvadistan shook the very foundations of the world, we brought the imperialists to a standstill, we shook their very cores, as the nations they would repress, exploit and consume said no, and instead said we shall rise together as one, against your expectations and against your plots and machinations. Those two dates combined, have created a new world era, an era of the Nautasian, an era which will see, an Islamic nation, rise up to become equal to those beyond our continent at the highest levels of national power.

(loud applause)

And so, friends, colleagues, comrades and fellow citizens of the Union; our great endeavour takes a different path, a different form, for now we begin the process of unification with Irvadistan. Please, permit me to explain the process agreed by both national governments.

Discussions are underway, for a swift merger of our national economies. We aim to sign a treaty agreeing on a monetary, economic and social union by Monday, the 7th. This, we hope will come into force on the 10th, with the Toman replacing the Irvadi pound as their national and official currency. In turn, Irvadistan will transfer its economic sovereignty to the Union, which will result in the Union providing budget subsidies and support for the Irvadi emergency Social Security System in place, to assist the dispossessed from the war. All Union based economic and social legislation will be brought into force in Irvadistan.

(applause)

This will swiftly be following the signing of the Unilateral Declaration of Mutual Accession by both governments on the 20th July, formally founding the Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics.

(loud applause)

This treaty, will see both governments formally accept and application of the Articles of Union, which form the legal constitution of the Union. Once this has been done, the process of demarcating the federal and union republic governments and powers will officially begin, with the primary focus being placed upon Ankoren and Pasdan. Due to this timetable, I am placing a wait-order for the proposed legislation to make this possible with the Speaker of the Congress of the Union.

As a result of these steps, we expect the Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics to be officially founded at 00:00 local time on 28 July. Upon that moment of time, Ankoren, Irvadistan and Pasdan will be legally re-constituted as federal entities of the Union of Islamic Republics. As per the 20 July Treaty, all sub-national entities of Ankoren and Irvadistan will become Union Territories, with further demarcation of sub-state entities being the issue of the Union Republic in question. As per the 20th July Treaty, Estanban will officially be constituted as the capital of the Union of Islamic Republics and this chamber shall be constituted as the enlarged and powerful, Supreme Assembly of the Union. At the stroke of midnight on the 28th July, our greatest victory since the Revolution will be complete. And a new power will be present in the world, one that shall provide nothing, but peace, stability and prosperity for all Nautaisans.

(Loud applause)

Our task now, is to meet the deadlines laid out, we opted for a swift process due to the necessity of a strong and capable power in Nautasia. With, the so-called Caliphate and its terrorist gangs on the retreat, we must now ensure that the vacuum their destruction leaves, is not used by the imperialists to re-assert their foul and corrupting influence. In our grasp now is the undeniable status as the responsible and protective power of this continent and its many peoples. The Unification Process will only solidify that fact, by proving to all Nautasian states that we can be trusted, we can be relied upon to deliver for our neighbours, security and a safe haven in the world. Together, we and the Irvadis will march forward, in the name of the Revolution, as two-peoples one nation.

(Loud applause)

This process must be swift, not just for the sake of Nautasia, but for the sake of all Ankorenis, Irvadis and Pasdanis who lent their trust to our own destiny and future. We must repay their pride, their enthusiasm and hope and the only way to do that, is to secure our place as the future and tomorrow as swiftly as politically possible.

(applause)

This process will not be easy, nor will it be financially kind, but these are tiny sacrifices for the greatness and prosperity that will follow. Through the merger of Agen with the Irvadi State Petrochemical Corporation, we will possess the largest oil and gas reserves in the world, and I, as State President of Ankoren today, as State President of the Union of Islamic Republics tomorrow, vow to use this great wealth creator, for the betterment of all lives, in all three Union Republics. We will rebuild Irvadistan into a paradise of creativity and innovation, we shall unite our peoples in pay, prosperity and property and together, we shall be so industrious that we shall become one of the great economic powers of the world.

(loud applause)

Our founding fathers taught us, that when Nautasians unite, together we find no equal and that shall be the cause of the day, that shall be our new Union’s rallying cry, that shall be the echo of generations yet come and those that have left us. On the 28th July, we shall shout in unison, to our founding fathers, we made your dreams a reality.

(loud applause)

Thank you, comrades, God bless you, God bless, this Union, god bless people of Irvadistan. And Hail the Nation.

(loud applause, State President Volkan waves to the legislature. Extended applause for several minutes)

Speaker: Thank you Comrade-State President. I have accepted the Wait-Order for all legislation pertaining to the Unification Process. All members, please note that a fully detailed report on the Process will be delivered to your offices by the end of the working day. I know close this Session.

Hail the Nation.
Last edited by Union of Akoren on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ultima Borealia
Secretary

Founded: May 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultima Borealia » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:10 pm

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUÉ OF THE MOST SERENE JARLDOM OF ULTIMA BOREALIA

To: All attendees of the Esquarian Summit and all organizers of the Esquarian Summit
Subject: Esquarian Summit

Speaking on behalf of the Borealian nation and its peoples in my Constitutionally-endowed capacity as the highest diplomatic representative of the sovereign state of Ultima Borealia abroad and my sacred duty as the highest Borealian diplomatic and temporal defender of the principles without which the diabolical forces of evil and sin would reign, let it be known that Their Majesties' Most Serene Jarldom wholly condemns the imperialist and diabolical farce that is the current planned organization of the Esquarian Summit. By choosing to solely invite a small minority of the world's nations, rather than the entirety of the world's sovereign states, such a Summit clearly casts its stock with, in the words of the Constitution of Ultima Borealia, the "iniquity of the elite...who place at their supreme sovereignty supreme leaders and chairmen and general secretaries", rather than the "eternally wise and just toiling masses as represented collectively or individually by a nation’s proletariat and/or peasantry who place at their supreme sovereignty only the sovereign peoples of a nation" that the Borealian nation and peoples, as represented by their Government, eternally and unequivocally cast their stock in.

The Esquarian Summit's conclusions are but the ignominious tyrannical decrees of a small oligarchic imperialist elite of nations who have no respect for the sovereigntist principles upon which the modern conception of the state is built upon, and as a firmly sovereign and anti-imperialist nation, Ultima Borealia's foreign policy decisions shall not be swayed by tyrannical decrees of such an oligarchic, imperialist elite of nations and shall solely take input from the ideas proposed by Borealian diplomats, politicians and citizens striving to better the world for its current residents and its posterity. This Summit's discussions regarding Nautasia are little better than the partitions of imperialist powers, for they do not automatically include the representatives of sovereign Nautasian states such as Kinzeria and Pisdara or their ultimately sovereign peoples. This Summit's discussions regarding the rebuilding of numerous nations following the catastrophic tragedy that was the June 10 tsunami are but the decrees of diplomatic representatives from nations far away from the tsunami in their ivory towers, for they do not automatically include the representatives of sovereign states such as Bohemia and Kaona that were affected by the tsunami. This Summit's discussions regarding protecting human rights are but a farce, for this Summit does not even respect the right of all sovereign peoples to be represented in diplomatic discussions by their leaders. This Summit's discussions regarding creating a new international assembly of all sovereign nations in the form of the International League to replace the OEN are no better than toilet paper, for such an international forum is rotten at the core if it is designed not by the entirety of the sovereign nations it is to allegedly unite but rather by the elite that is invited to this Summit. The Most Serene Jarldom of Ultima Borealia shall implement none of the recommendations of the current Summit by the merit of the Summit's support, but shall rather judge such recommendations by the merit of the recommendations themselves. The Most Serene Jarldom of Ultima Borealia also hereby refuses to partake in the 2017 Esquarian Summit if it is invited as such, and shall eternally vehemently protest against the Esquarian Summit.

Signed on behalf of the Presidium of Jarls, the Consulate of Ultima Borealia, the Triumvirate of Ultima Borealia, the Regional Council of Ultima Borealia, the Althing of Ultima Borealia, and the Borealian nation and its peoples and sworn by the name of Njörðr and the waters that nourish our bodies and our lands, birth our young, and protect our fish, by the name of Danu and the earths that provide for our wealth, bless our peoples and upon which our nation rests, by the name of Surtr and the flames that protect our race, slay our winters and forge our bounties, by the name of Lugh and the winds that light our skies, provide the airs that let our peoples breathe, and by the name of Skaði and the snows that chill our fires, darken our blinding light, and provide balance to our lands,
Mequssuk Nunataqsdóttir,
Consul for Diplomatic Affairs of the Most Serene Jarldom of Ultima Borealia

Namor
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:51 pm

A+A
You ask, you answer
Esquarian Summit Aucuria Kalnaspilis
How will the Fourth Esquarian Summit end up?
Will the leaders at the summit reach an agreement on any particular issues? What will be featured in the "Kalnaspilis declaration?"

Song Lichao - I read the news.
Answered July 9

Forget the declaration - they're not going to have one.

You have a dictator who is just beginning to conquer most of the world's oil (and his enemies), a leader who doesn't understand that political legislation does not cause natural disasters (and his enemies), two syndicalists who label everything as fascist (and their enemies), and the daughter of a dictator who's stepping foot in the land of his father's enemies (and her enemies).

And on top of all that, you have a naive host who thinks bringing up human rights is a good idea - even if about half of the countries attending the summit have questionable human rights records (according to every watchdog group ever).

Not that human rights is a bad thing, but expecting to win concessions from autocracies on human rights issues in a summit that lasts a few days? Whoever set the agenda must be high on Committee of Ten drugs.

And I'm supposed to think live-tweeting is bad.

765 upvotes
Downvote answer
NMR-free since August 2017!

Karazawa
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Karazawa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Kadruk Moanhbe was not a monarchist. One could say in fact, he hated the monarchy. Oppressors of the people. When one looked back on history, to the Cuyamel War specifically, one could see how much potential had been wasted. The Workers thought they had chased their oppressor, the Cuyamel Company, but a smoke and mirror campaign by the General Malnonfi, future dictator and oppressor of the people himself, stopped them from killing their Caconzi and creating a true worker utopia.

At least, that was the message Kadruk told to the secret meetings of the Sinister Club, as a way to keep the loyalty of the other leftists leaders. Moanbhe is the leader and the face of the Sinister League for a decade now, a position that can only be obtained through the right mixture of submission and ambition, and kept through violence and corruption. In the living room of his main house (he had three houses in total), enjoying a glass of one of the most reputed Cortoguayan wine, he thought of his career. Of what he had done. Contrary to what he say in front of the cameras, he’s not christian. He never felt attracted by religion. And he did not felt guilty. He was in fact, quite happy with where he was. He had plan for the future of course, but he isn’t a young man anymore. His past wasn’t his problem.

It was raining outside. Moanhbe looked through the window. The clouds hided the stars and stopped the moonlight. It was quite a melancholic moment. If Moanhbe was elected in the first place was because he swore allegiance to the Caconzi, to serve as his plant in the opposition, to rein them and to do with them what the Caconzi saw fit. He had been well payed for the past years, and that’s how he managed to buy his first mansion. But in his heart, Moanhbe had no loyalty to anyone but himself. In fact, he had made multiple deal, notably with…

...the telephone ringed. Moanhbe got it out of his pocket and looked at who could call him at such an hour. “Hidden Number”. He knew who it was.

He took the call and waited. Speaking first would have been a grave mistake.

“Hello Kadruk.” said a voice heavily distorted by the programs use to code and protect the conversation. “My liege.” saluted the Leftist leader to the Caconzi himself.

The two men then discussed as if they were just two old friends. The Caconzi loved to do so, helped to “build relations” he said. And, Moanhbe suspected it was also a way for the Caconzi to control the conversation.

“We have heard of your little remarks on the recent events with Alemannia. Do you really think detente was possible, even after Operation Fall Lila ?”

Kadruk assured that yes, he believed so. Of course he didn’t, but that he couldn’t say. Because…

“Even after Operation Sheep Clothing ?”

Kadruk fell silent. There was no good answer to this question. He couldn’t see it but he could feel the damn smile on the Caconzi lips. That smile of father would do to their children after they had misbehaved, to reassure them.

“You really hoped we wouldn’t know ?”

Yes he did. He felt dumb now. The Caconzi sighed.

“From now on, your survival depend on your complete cooperation with us. We know you aren’t the only one in the pocket of Weichltal. You will give us name. You will give us locations, dates, plans. You will tell us everything you know. Then, and only then, we will maybe reconsider what course of actions to take with you.”

The doorbell ringed. Someone was waiting outside. Kadruk slowly walk to the door and opened it. There was two men, dressed like bodyguards, under umbrellas because of the rain.

“You should know that you never disapointed us. You acted exactly like we hoped. We are, in fact, quite proud of your success with the “underground left”, as they call themselves, right ?”

The Caconzi’s voice, even distorted, was like a tender caress. Like some sort of ideal father. Kadruk was scared, and only the voice on the phone stopped him from staying there, paralysed. In a sudden moment of clarity, he thought that it was how Stockholm Syndrome worked. The irony.

“So do not disappoint us now. Goodbye.”

A click, some noises, and the voice wasn’t there. One of the two men waiting at the door took the phone from his hand. Then, with a gentle but firm pressure on his back, he guided the politician to a black car parked in the street. The second man protected Kadruk from the rain with his umbrella.

The door closed. The car drived away. And Kadruk was never to be seen again.

Mokranshi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mokranshi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Hyporia, somewhere in the Hyporian Basin

The bitter cold chilled Ukral to the bone. The howling winds carried with them a frozen torment that seeped into his skin and sapped him of his strength. Still, he had to persevere. Despite the long dark receding with the coming of Vēzos, the harsh winter still held sway over the land, and brought with it a frozen fury of historic proportions.

Since the beginning of this season's long dark, winter had claimed at least two dozen lives, and more were likely to follow if Ukral and his band returned empty handed. While last summer had seen a bountiful harvest with much food being stored away for winter, the stores were starting run dry. While some of the larger villages had plenty to share and were contributing as much as they could, there were too many shortages in too many places and resources were being spread thin. With Vēzos finally making her appearance for the first time in weeks, it was decided that hunting bands would be organized to try and find food to bring back. Whatever they would find, they were to return with. Ukral, being a seasoned hunter of twenty seven winters, was chosen to lead a band of seven other hunters from Pagundi and take whatever they could find.

It had been several hours since Ukral's band had left Pagundi. They had left a few hours before the break of dawn, and were supposed to return before Vēzos left again. While she had graced the sky with her presence for among the first times since the long dark, it was fleeting. It would be many months before she would stay in the sky and bring summer's warmth. Already, she was retreating back under the horizon, after only being out for all of two hours. Ukral and his hunters had to find food fast before she left. If the band stayed out for too long after her passing, the darkness would engulf Lentontegunai and they would surely freeze to death out in the wilderness. Time was running out.

Out in the wild, Ukral and his hunters faced the full fury of winter. The never-ending blizzard reduced visibility to a minimum, and the wind howled in their ears. Every minute they remained out, the cold weakened them. And yet, they marched on, looking for something, anything.

Nyke daor qringaomagon, Ukral thought to himself. Nyke daor qringaomagon. Pōnta jorrāelagon īlva. Istin memēbagon.

Then, he heard it. A bellow, not far from the shoreline. Some of the other hunters heard it too, judging by the way they turned their heads. With purpose, they turned to the sea and marched onwards. Then, they saw it. A colony of elephant seals. 'Bisa iksis ziry!', said Ukral to the others. 'Īlva gūrotrir! Ivestragī's jikagon!' The band marched to the brunt of the herd and readied their spears. Ukral barked an order, 'Ossēnagon hāre! lēda zirȳ, kesi dohaeragon iā gār syt tubissa!' The hunters eapproached three of the largest of the elephant seals they could reach. The bulls howled and bellowed at them when they tried to get close. With honed skill, they waited for each seal to expose his neck while bellowing before thrusting foward and piercing the flesh. Ukral himself leapt onto the back of a male while is struggled and carved into its throat with the jagged side of his spear. 'Bōsa mēre!', one of the hunters jeered at Ukral's theatrics.

The seals floundered and struggled for a while before giving out from blood loss. Some of the hunters filled their skins with the free flowing blood before carving up all the meat, bone, and blubber they could carry. The remaining hunters kept the other elephant seals at bay by threatening them with the tips of their spears to keep them from interfering. Once each hunter had taken his load, the band regrouped and proceeded to leave. With such a great amount of meat and blubber, a hundred people could be fed for a week with proper rationing.

It was then that they heard another sound. A sound from beyond the shore. It was deeper than any seal's bellow, louder than any whale's song, and resonated more than any bone horn.

One of the hunters, a Kalki-born woman by the name of Mahala turned to Ukral and asked, 'Skoros iksin bona brōzagon? Iā usinatchiak vāedar?' Ukral responded, 'Daor, daor eglie.'

'Iā molry?'

'Daor ñuhoso, daorys iksis isse se embar.'

'Ao ȳdra daor gīmigon bona!'

Ukral rolled his eyes. Just then, another sound was heard. It was faint, but distinct, even through the howling of the wind. It was the sound of breaking ice. Not a small chunk, but it sounded like a whole glacier was being torn asunder. It was hard to grasp the distance, but the sound seemed to have come from a considerable trek away, though not so far away that it couldn't be heard obviously.

Mahala turned to Ukral again. 'Ȳdragon syt bona, Ukral!'

'Sepār hen suvion pryjatan hen.'

Mahala huffed. Still, despite her curiosity, she knew that time was of the essence and that this food had to be returned immediately. Containing her wanderlust, she followed the group back towards Pagundi, leaving behind the mysterious sound.
Last edited by Mokranshi on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Saheil
Secretary

Founded: Jul 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Saheil » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Official Transcript
Proceedings on the Floor of the Chamber of Deputies in a Joint Sitting, Ports-du-Nord, Saheil
Extraordinary Session

Government
RC - Republican
CN - Centrist

Official Opposition
NL - National League

Other opposition
SDP - Social Democratic Party
GN - Greens
-
IND - Independents

Format =
(party, constituency, state)

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : Order! Order! The joint sitting of the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate shall come to order. We have been convened in an extraordinary session today by the Prime Minister of Saheil under his authority and privileges under the Constitution. As this is an extraordinary session, all members mentally and physically fit to be present or in the country must attend. The clerk will call the roll.

(ten minutes later)

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : Quorum is achieved and all members of either house required to be present are present. Therefore, the Chair recognizes the Prime Minister and asks him to state his business.

Annan Sulaiman PRIME MINISTER (RC, Fiers-North, Calédonie) : Mister Chairman, members of the Chamber of Deputies, Senators, citizens of Saheil, I have called this extraordinary session to submit Resolution EJR-21, titled An Extraordinary Joint Resolution on the Deaths of Five Pisdari Persons at Sea by a Saheilian Naval Vessel and Maintaining the Relationship between the Republic of Pisdara and the Federation of Saheil.

(mumbles)

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : Order! Order! Before I accept the Prime Minister's resolution, are there any objections to the calling of this extraordinary session. A reminder that objections require ten seconds to be considered.

(no objections)

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : Since no objections have been lodged, the Prime Minister is hereby directed to bring the bill to the Clerk so that it may be read and distributed to members.

EJR-21
An Extraordinary Joint Resolution on the Deaths of Five Pisdari Persons at Sea by a Saheilian Naval Vessel and Maintaining the Relationship between the Republic of Pisdara and the Federation of Saheil
Prime Minister of Saheil and Government

1. The two houses of Parliament hereby find:

1. that the attack on the Pisdari fishing boat on 10 August, 2017 has soured relationships between the Republic of Pisdara and the Federation of Saheil.
  2. that the need for answers is present in both the Republic of Pisdara and the Federation of Saheil.
  3. that the attacks against the Pisdari fishing boat, killing five Pisdari citizens, is an act of aggression against the Republic of Pisdara, whether justified or otherwise.
  4. that despite the recent souring in the relationship, the Federation of Saheil maintains that it is a friend and ally of the Republic of Pisdara and is determined that this friendship should not be lost.

2. The Parliament of the Federation of Saheil hereby authorizes the Department of Justice to begin an independent investigation into the incident.

1. The Procurator General will be personally responsible for interviewing the survivors, interviewing the crewmen, collecting and examining salvaged evidence and assisting in the salvaging in evidence at sea.
  2. Upon completion of the investigation and the completion of all relevant interviews, the Procurator General will submit a report to the President of Saheil and this Parliament, who will further send the report to the appropriate Pisdari authorities.
  3. Upon the completion of the investigation, the Prime Minister is compelled to call a meeting of the two houses of Parliament immediately after the investigation is concluded.
  4. The Procurator General will accept the aid of foreign states or Pisdara in the investigation.

3. The Federation of Saheil still regards the Republic of Pisdara, in part and in whole, as an ally, confidant, and supporter.

1. This Parliament hopes that the strong relationship between the Republic of Pisdara and the Federation of Saheil returns to its prosperous norm.

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : The bill has been distributed to all members, the debate period will begin. The Chair recognizes the Prime Minister in his role as author of the resolution.

Annan Sulaiman PRIME MINISTER (RC, Fiers-North, Calédonie) : Mister Chairman, on August 10, while we were on recess, a Saheilian naval vessel attacked a Pisdari fishing boat fifty nautical miles from our coast on the fear that the Pisdari fishers were hijackers or, worse, carrying a bomb. The result was the immediate death of four Pisdari citizens, the death of one Pisdari citizen on a Saheilian naval vessel, a critically injured Pisdari citizen currently fighting for his life, and a Pisdari citizen being held here in Ports-du-Nord for questioning. On top of that, this incident has soured relations between the Republic of Pisdara and our Federation of Saheil.

While I cannot say that the Pisdari fishermen were truly innocent or if they were hijackers, I can say that the Government values the Republic of Pisdara as a friend and confidant in times of struggle and in times of prosperity, this is what it means to be a friend. To be a friend is also to make sacrifices and put in an effort to maintain the stability of a friendship, sometimes at a large cost. It would be improper for both the Republic of Pisdara and ourselves to jump to a conclusion not based on facts and the testimony of those involved, the purpose of this bill is to find such facts and allow the Republic of Pisdara and this great Federation to resume their august relationship.

Mister Chairman, we live in an increasingly volatile time where war can be started by simple misunderstandings. Saheil must be careful during times like these because hostility means a downward spiral into economic depression, political instability, and, finally, political uprisings. If we are not careful, Mister Chairman, another light of democracy and freedom in Nautasia may be snuffed out and Saheil reduced to a failed state. While we may be of different parties, I don't think that there is anyone in this chamber who does not wholeheartedly love the ideas of democracy and Saheil itself. I urge every one of you to vote for this emergency resolution, not for Saheil's sake, but for Pisdara's and Nautasia's. I yield the floor, Mister Chairman."

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : The Chair recognizes the Leader of the Opposition, Mister Zayd bin-Zahr.

Zayd bin-Zahr LEADER OF THE OPPOSITION (NL, Kuraba'a-2nd, Calham) : Mister Chairman, while I may be on the other side of the political spectrum, I can assure this house that there are few people who can parallel the Prime Minister's love for his nation and democracy. The Official Opposition fully supports the Prime Minister's resolution. Mister Chairman, I yield the floor to the Leader of the Social Democratic Party, Mister Jean-Claude Bellegarde.

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : The Chair recognizes the Leader of the Social Democratic Party, Mister Jean-Claude Bellegarde.

Jean-Claude Bellegarde LEADER OF THE SPD (SDP, Aix-5th, Aix) : Mister Chairman, the SDP sees no problem with this resolution and sees the need for an investigation into the incident as well as the need to reaffirm Saheil's friendship to her ally Pisdara. To avoid the formality of voting, I move to agree to the resolution by unanimous consent.

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : The motion by the Deputy Jean-Claude Bellegarde is admitted and requires twenty seconds. Do I hear any seconds?

(thirty-five seconds are heard)

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : Order! Order! The motion by the Deputy Jean-Claude Bellegarde has received the requisite amount of seconds, members from either house will have five minutes to register an objection. If an objection is heard, the debate will continue.

(no objections)

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : Order! Order! No objections have been lodged against the motion by the Deputy Jean-Claude Bellegarde within the five minutes time given by the Chair and thus, EJR-21 is agreed to by unanimous consent. Mister Prime Minister, have you anything else?

Annan Sulaiman PRIME MINISTER (RC, Fiers-North, Calédonie) : Mister Chairman, I have no further emergency business with this Parliament.

Muhammad Youssef CHAIRMAN (RC, Nura-East, Dahib) : As specified by the Constitution of Saheil, if the Prime Minister has no further business in the Parliament, this emergency session is hereby closed and members will continue their recess.

Sjealand
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 am

5 May, 1291
Off the coast of Swastria

The sea was irate tonight, the waves were barely a few inches from the gunwale, each crest mocking him with the threat of spilling over. ''Stare too long into the deep and Rán will drag you down boy'', Erik looked at his oar-partner Nils.''Ha, you mind yourself old man, im a capable swimmer''. Nils burst out laughing before repeatedly clapping Erik's back. ''If your armor doesnt drag you down the waves will tire you. Focus more on rowing and less on Heimdals mothers.'' The old man made Erik smile, he was 30 summers his superior but just as energetic and quick-witted as the greenest raider. If he was to be belived his great-great grandfather had made fortunes on the First Expedition to the Westerisles, bought himself a pleasure-wife and spent the money on extensive farms on the Tynic Coast.

His thoughts were interrupted by a lighting. For a second the sea was engulfed in light, and in the far distance he could see it, the coast of Erhnen. ''The gods are with us boys! Thor shows us his eagerness by lighting us the way'' the helmsman Singvald Single-leg shouted. Looking to Nils, he saw that his oar-partner was clutching his amulet. The man hated Teutonians with a good heart. As a child the Men of the Cross had come to his farm, looting and burning in the name of their Jotunn-god, leaving the 6-year old Nils penniless and orphaned, the amulet itself was carved from his fathers legbone if Nils was to be believed. Another lighting lit up the sea of Njord before the growing rumbling of thunder made it clear that it hit nearby.

For a few moments he looked back on the ships behind them, 5 longships they had with a total of 248 men. Further out to sea lay 3 cogs and 2 hulks, ready to take on the booty they would soon be returning with. A roar came from the captain Helmund Øltand, ''We go in first, kill any guards, while the others plunder the houses for thralls, if you see a trinket you like, remember it because we get first pickings!'' The men cheered. ''But if any of you rape the goods i'll cut off your cocks myself''. Erik threw some seawater and Henrik ''Guess that doesnt count for you does it Henrik! Not much to cut off when youre already a eunuch!''. The old man was 54 summers and unmarried, and had been caught one the last expedition having his way with a noblemans daughter. Needless to say Helmund had been swift with his axe.

Nils grabbed Eriks shoulder ''Now it begins kid''. Erik got pushed forwards as the longship and the beach collided, the boat sliding up the beach somewhat silently. The cold iron of his chainmain only furthered his goosebumbs as he leapt off the gunwale unto the beach. To his right 2 other longships slid upon the beach, the crew nodding to him. Helping Nils off the gunwale he leaned in to grab his bow and quiver. He had already fastened his axe to his back but the Teutonians were shifty people and he would rather take one out on a distance than feel the cold pain of a dagger to his gut. Helmund lifted his hand, the veins on his arm visible even in the dark of the night. ''Regroup on me up by the trees, lay low dont get spotted''. The man was a former hirdsman of Archking Svend II until his death a few months ago, now he reaved for the Nordanian Company.

He and Nils slowly crept through the low bushes of the beach, the long grass itching Erik more than he would like. ''Hold up, see there'' Nils said, pointing at the trees there would going towards. A sheep herder was sitting on some rocks, playing his flute by the fire. ''I'll take care of him'' Erik mumbled as his loosened an arrow from his quiver before he stood up. He knew he had only a few seconds before someone would see him. He laid the arrow on the bow, fixated on the herders chest and loosened. As he felt the bow string recoiling back to the bow he threw himself back upon the ground. The sound of a body hitting the ground quickly made up for the fact that his mouth was filled with sand. Nils nodded to him, smiling as he began moving towards the corpse, Erik followed close behind him. They quickly made their way to the corpse, where the remainder of their crew soon met them. As Erik was busy pulling the arrow out of the young mans chest he was startled by a sheep. He sent a short look to Helmund, who nodded, clearly having the same idea as him. The captain quickly ordered a handfull of men to herd the sheep down to the ships, tonight they were going to feast.

They split up on three groups. Helmund leading the oldest and most experienced men head on, Nils leading Erik and those who had captured thralls for some years to the right of the town and Mikken Fourfinger leading the greenbloods to the right. The town itself was defended by no more than the walls of the houses and palisades inbetween the gaps. ''How in Tyr's name will we get over that'' Erik muttered before Ymer Ullevad interrupted him. ''Give me 6 spears i have an idea'' the others complied as Nils asked him what his plan was. ''To get us in'' he muttered as he broke off the spearpoints from the wood before calmly waltzing towards the palisade. In no more than 30 seconds he had hammered all six spearpoints into the palisade, creating a nice little ladder for them. He bowed as the others neared the palisade ''Didnt i tell you i'd get us in?'' he laughed. ''Aye you did, but youve awakened the entire fucking town, so we all better get in''. He jumped into the spear points, grabbing by the remaining wood as he crawled over the wall. Two other men followed suit and then Erik. Torben Varmhånd helped him over just in time as sleepy townspeople began looking out their doors and windows. Suddenly ''Dänen! Dänen! Zu waffen!'' Nils pierced a guard in the chest before looking to face the others ''That's our cover, Erik get the gate''.

A man began crawling up the ladder from the city to the wall, but Nils solidly planted a boot in the mans face and he fell back down, landing on a small crate. Erik was sure he heard a crack, but was too busy to care as an arrow landed in the wood a few inches behind him. He quickly crawled down the latter, hearing Nils and Torbens cackling laughter as they seemingly caved in the skulls of two reckless townspeople. The others grabbed their shields, surrounded Erik as he stormed towards the gate. Hermand took and arrow to the stomach as he reached it, causing Erik to stumble over the body. But with Tyr's luck he reached it, lifting off the beam the blocked the gate, ''By Odins beard, we're in!'' he heard from the other side as his comrades kicked in the gate, storming to their aid. A Teutonian stormed towards him, a head shorter and nowhere near as broad-shouldered. This was no more than a child, yet Erik solidly planted his dane-axe in the boys chin shouting as he kicked the body off the axe ''Thats the bite of Bluetounge!'' he shouted as he jumped into the fray, cutting down 2 Teutonians before he met up with Torben.

''Follow me Erik!'' he exclaimed storming towards the city centre, but a Teutonian sprung from a corner planting his meat cleaver in Torbens throat. Erik quickly decapited him, but the damage was done, Torben frantically tried to block the gaping wound but soon collapsed to the dirt. Enraged, Erik to his axe to the dead attackers crotch, spitting on the corpse before he began moving towards the city centre with the others. The christians were fleeing towards the central church, some foolhardy or cowardly few yet remained in their houses. A stupid decision perhabs but a profitable one. The catchers were already moving into the town. Erik signalled to of them as he kicked in the door to a house. The screams of several people cut through the chaos, but Erik was unphased, together with the catchers he subdued the woman of the house, pushing her down on the floor along with her children. ''Listen up here Christians. If you dont resist we won't have to hurt you. Youre safe with us'' he tried in his broken Teutonian. It was all a lie of course. The children would either be raised as house-thralls or be sent to the mines, and the women would end up in a pleasure-house or sold off to the Westerisles.

The catchers soon began putting them in chains as Erik began walking out, however he noticed a small golden crucifx hanging on the wall, looking around he noticed nobody saw him, so he snatched it and began running out once more. All around him other men were dragging out entire families in chains, men, women and children. They were christians, they were Teutonians, they deserved it. Along with the other warriors he ran towards the church, he didnt know where it was, but the tolling bells gave him a good idea where to look, not to mention the giant fire rising besides it. The Teutonians were mounting a last stand at the church, a brave endeavour maybe, but also a stupid one. Their god didnt reward death in battle ''Thou must not kill'' he ordered. If they would rather spend eternity with Hel instead of living that was their decision they didnt want the fighters, they wanted those hiding.

From the windows above they tried firing arrows at them, Ingvar took one in the chest, slumping over as Erik passed him. ''They are trying to lock the door!' he heard Helmund shout further up the stairs. I've got my axe make way'' Erik shouted as response, and slowly but steadily he made his way under the cover of his crewmates shields. By the door a few hard slashes with the axe soon made progress, a large gaping hole began appearing on the middle of the door, and a man tried to put his hand through to protect it, but to no avail, Erik simply chopped it off. A solid kick was all it took for the door to cave in now. A roar came across the men as they charged into the church, cutting down the weary defenders one by one. A single knight turned to face Erik, thrusting his dagger into Eriks thigh. In pain Erik grabbed the mans head and headbutted him with his helmet multiple times before throwing him on the ground. Around him fighting soon ground to a halt as the remainder of the townspeople were either cut down or surrendered. He sat down, pressing a piece of his Tunic to his wound, breathing heavily, yet he smiled.

6 May, 1291
Outside Erhnen, Swastria

After a week of salted fish and water it was a relief to get some proper well-made veal and some beer, even if the beer was Teutonian. For the entire night and day the Thralls had been ferried back to the transporting ships, those that were too weak were drowned. Of the booty Erik had made some wonderful gains, besides the crucifx he had taken he had also gained several golden armrings and necklaces, jewelry with amber and what looked like a little gemstone aswell as Erhneni silver-coins. Now all he had to do was sit guard until the remainder of the goods were taken aboard and the ships were ready to sail, which the almost where. In the horizon he saw the banner of the Count of Erhnen aswell as several dozen knights, ''Just about time'' he muttered as he threw the final thrall, a little boy, up in the longship and helped push it out to sea. The mounted men werent going to catch up to them, and the town was burning. They would however find quite the nice surprise left behind as the priests of the christian church hang crucified on their own crosses. The salty water once more splashed unto Erik's face as he dragged himself up in the boat, sitting down besides Niels, and began rowing.

-AlEmAnNiA-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby -AlEmAnNiA- » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Special Address at the 18th All-Trade Unions’ and Workers’ Congress
11 Früchte, Revolutionary Year 85 – 28th August, 2017 – 6 Reise, 1438
Representatives affiliated with the Autonomist Workers’ Front absent
Session speaker: First Secretary Rechiene Leiwe

Speaker of the Congress, Jehsa Kohring: Please stand for the Chairwoman of the Central Committee for the Liberation of the Workers and Farmers’, Comrade First Secretary Rechiene Leiwe.

(Prolonged enthusiastic applause and shouts of ‘Long live the Comrade First Secretary’; First Secretary assumes her position at the podium)

First Secretary: Comrades! I now call into this meeting of the 18th All-Trade Unions’ and Workers’ Congress in session.

(Long enthusiastic applause)

First Secretary: Comrade Representatives, I come to you all here today in our esteemed hall of proletarian democracy not as your leader, but as a concerned citizen. Comrades, it is no surprise that our People and our Republic is under siege from the reactionary forces of the so-called Southern Nordanian Alliance…

(Booes eminate from the Maximists, Statosyndicalists, and Sywdowists)

...But… what is not being discussed is that our People and our Republic is under siege from reactionary forces that have infiltrated our ranks, and threaten to destroy what Comrade Gentzsch, Comrade Escherich, and every other First Secretary before myself has fought to preserve – the physical manifestation of the Proletariat Will.

Comrades, the arrest of the traitorous Ichsenille Kesseler by our ever vigilant Commissariat for State Security shows only the severity of the infiltration of bourgeois elements within not only our society but our government.

(More booes from the Maximists, Statosyndicalists, and Sywdowists)

Comrades, the traitorous Ichsenille Kesseler’s arrest has made it aware to not only the Commissariat for State Security, not only to myself, but to the People and the Republic that certain localities and departments are dominated by counter revolutionary spirit and bourgeois reactionary elements. The vice is so tight around these departments and localities that water cannot seep in it nor can any pin puncture it.

These traitors to the cause have adopted the reactionary stand of the bourgeoisie, they have enforced a bourgeois dictatorship and struck down the surging movement of the Great Proletarian Revolution.They have stood facts on their head and juggled, encircled and suppressed revolutionaries, stifled opinions differing from their own, imposed a white terror, and felt very pleased with themselves.They have puffed up the arrogance of the bourgeoisie and deflated the morale of the proletariat. How poisonous!

(Loud applause)

The revolutionary spirit of the People and the Republic is rotted. The Congress has forgotten that it is first and foremost the shepherd of the People and the Republic, to guide them on the path to Welzism.

(Loud applause)

Secondly, comrades, the Congress has forgotten that it is the liberator of the proletariat and precariat of not just Nordania but all of the world.

(Continued applause)

Comrades, how are we to say confidently to the cobbler in Sydow, the factory worker in Ankoren, or the tailor in Xiaodong that the People and the Republic are coming for them, that We are fighting for them, when the People and the Republic is rotted with fascism!

(Applause)

How are we to confidently say to our Narmadi brothers and sisters, who are besieged by the fascists in the so-called Commonwealth of Sovereign States. Who are underattack by a genocidal, reactionary entity that seeks to crush the Narmadi people and extinguish the revolutionary flame in Eastern Borea. How are we to say to them that the People and the Republic will protect them against the Imperialist tendrils of Sakan when the People and the Republic is littered with counter revolutionary sediment!

(Applause)

How are we to confidently say to our comrades in Kaona, who are besieged not just by the so-called Central Basin Alliance, but also by the Social Imperialists of the so-called Christian Republic of Luziyca. Who are forced to watch the Imperialists rape and exploit the people of Pikham because they do not have the means to free the proletariat of Pikham themselves. How are we to say to them that the People and the Republic will assist them in freeing their compatriots when the People and the Republic is dominated by bourgeois elements!

(Applause)

Comrades! It is time we rip out the roots of the failed proletarian revolution! It is time we mobilise and forge a new road to Welzism!

(Loud enthusiastic applause)

This new road will be long and difficult. It will be filled with difficulty and no doubt will be blocked at every chance by the bourgeoisie bastion that has be permitted to take form within the People and the Republic. It will be blocked at every chance by the Imperialists that cannot stand to see a People and a Republic reborn with new determination a fervor that cannot be extinguished until all of Nordania has been liberated!

(Loud applause)

The masses must mobilise if our new revolution is to succeed. All revolutionary proletarians must fight for the cause against the bourgeois roadblocks that dampen our just cause. Only with a people united against the bulwark of reactionary bastions will this revolution succeed and the People and the Republic will be free once again.

(Applause)

Comrades, it is time to lift the siege. It is time to wipe away the old Monsters and Demons and pave the new revolutionary road to Welzism.

(First Secretary holds both arms out to the Congress; Loud enthusiastic applause last for several minutes as the First Secretary retakes her seat.)

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:31 pm

September 4th, 2017
Minutes before midnight
Songchin

"Ladies and gentlemen, President Damir Agapov," a female emcee said in Luziycan: a male voice repeated it in Kaonese.

Damir Agapov walked out onto the lectern. He had rehearsed it countless times, over the past couple of weeks. Now, here he was, at the Convention Center, ready to deliver the final speech by the head of state of the Dominion of Caona.

Confident, he began his speech.

"Good evening, people of Kaona. For the people of Kaona, tonight is a cause for celebration, not sorrow."

"Tonight marks the end of an era. Tonight marks the end of the Luziycan colonial empire, which at its height spanned from Mazaristan in the east to Pavonistade in the west. But tonight marks the beginning of a new era for the islands, the restoration of its long-severed ties to Kaona, and the beginning of a new opportunity for the people of these islands."

"Our colonial rule of Kaona, began with events in the nineteenth century, that from today's vantage point, none of us here would wish or seek to condone, even if such atrocities are practiced elsewhere. But we must note that most of those living on these islands are here because of events in the past century which would today, have many defenders. Therefore, it is better to remember than to forget our own past.

"What we celebrate here this evening, is the restless energy, the hard work, and the success of the men and women who wrote the story of this archipelago: mostly Kaonese men, and Kaonese women. Most of them came here with nothing, but they are extraordinary, for what they have achieved against the odds."

"As the sun sets on Luziyca's colonial empire, I believe that we are entitled to say that our own nation's positive contributions here, was to help the people of these islands to ascend: the rule of law, a capitalist economy, representative government and democratic accountability."

"Yet, we must admit our negative contributions to Kaona: racist policies which were only dealt when it was too little and too late: forced Christianization of the native Kaonese people, and forcing Kaonese to be slaves to Luziycan landowners who took over their land."

"Regardless, these islands are Kaonese islands: very Kaonese islands with Luziycan characteristics. Few of our territories have been left with a rich texture and fabric of civil society. Professions, churches, temples, newspapers, charities, and civil servants with the steadfast commitment to public good. I have no doubts that the islanders, if they continue to hold on to these values that they cherish, these islands shall continue to climb, and the people shall remain prosperous."

"The values of these islands are decent values: one that will lead towards a future in which the happiest and richest communities, as well as those with the confident and most stable, will be one which best combine political and economic freedoms, as these islands do today."

"All Kaonese, from Songchin to Pakneua, and I'm sure all my countrymen watching these events from afar, wish the people of these islands the best of luck as they rejoin the brothers and sisters in mainland Kaona, as well as in all of their future endeavors."

"However, before I leave these shores for the last time, I wish to reiterate the promises that were made to the islanders by former President Svensson, who sadly cannot be here tonight. You will continue receiving aid to recover from the horrific tidal wave. You will continue to maintain your standards of living without substantial changes. And for the most part, I have full confidence that the incoming Chief Minister, Sawat Kongsangchai, shall ensure that these islands will not have to sacrifice much of their liberties and economic freedoms."

"Therefore, on behalf of the Christian Republic, I would like to thank the islanders, for their resilience, and for their extraordinary achievements in the face of adversity. I also would like to thank Her Excellency, Sera Svensson, and His Excellency, Yuttapong Rakkiatgym for engaging in high-level negotiations that have culminated in us relinquishing the last of our overseas possessions, in exchange for ending the war over Kaona."

"Thank you."

After waving to the crowd, he made his way back to his seat... ready to watch the flag ceremony.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Siphria
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Siphria » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:39 pm

11:45 AM
September 6, 2017

Main Office of the Ministry of Defense
Akrê, Siphria

"General Helebceyî?" came a voice from the doorway of the office of the Minister of Defense. Looking up, Selîm Helebceyî saw the hijabed head of his secretary poking through the door. She was physically unremarkable in almost every way- of average height, average weight, and average dress, with features that were neither beautiful nor ugly and unremarkable clothes in bland colors- but she was loyal and dutiful in a way that Helebceyî had found few of Siphria's often-corrupt civil servants to be, and it was devotion and duty that Helebceyî needed most in his underlings. The corruption and sloth of the Siphrian civil service was frustrating to him; the bureaucracy lacked the discipline he expected from his subordinates in the Baha'i Armed Forces.

He sat today in his office as Minister of Defense. Legally, he had two other offices- another one in this building, as Chief of Staff of the Siphrian Baha'i Armed Forces, and one over in the Main Building of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as Minister of that department- but this office was larger and finer than the office of the Chief of Staff, and while the office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs was even finer, the events of the past few weeks had made his presence at the Ministry of Defense more important than his presence at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

"What is it?" Helebceyî inquired. "General Hesenpûr has arrived to see you," she replied. "Ah, good!" Helebceyî exclaimed, smiling. "Send him in immediately, if you will. He and I have a great deal to discuss, I am sure." The secretary nodded, ducking out of the room; a few seconds thereafter, Evdirehmanê Hesenpûr- Minister of State Security, among other things, and head of the National Security Service- entered, smiling.

"My old friend!" Hesenpûr exclaimed as he entered. "I am glad to be able to see you so promptly. Sometimes it seems like the only people in this government with any sense of time are the generals." Helebceyî laughed, getting up from his desk to warmly shake Hesenpûr's hand. "Yes, yes, it does seem that way," he grinned. "And even then, some of us appear to be slipping as well. Admiral Birahîmî asked to meet me at 2:00 Pm yesterday for an 'important meeting'- and yet he showed up thirty minutes late!" Hesenpûr chuckled, before putting his hand on Helebceyî's shoulder. "Old friend, as much as I wish this meeting was only for the purpose of enjoying your company, the two of us have something much more important to discuss today."

Helebceyî gestured to the chair in front of his desk, moving back to his own seat behind it. "Yes, yes, I am sure," he muttered as Hesenpûr sat down. "I assume this has something to do with our attempts to identify the perpetrator of the Kisurra attack?" Hesenpûr nodded, a sly grin on his face. "We have succeeded. The identity of the attacker is ours." "Very good!" Helebceyî exclaimed, grinning. "What can you tell me?" "His name was Reşîd Emranî. 22 years of age. An ethnic Bedouin," Hesenpûr replied, dipping his head slightly as he listed off each point of information.

Helebceyî frowned slightly. It did not surprise him that a member of Siphria's restive and often seditious Bedouin minority was the perpetrator, but if Emranî had lived a particularly traditional Bedouin life it would be hard to track him. The desert nomads of Awiyyistan could spend years wandering through the hot sands of that bleak land, leaving behind little trace aside from footprints quickly lost in shifting sand. "Did Emranî live a nomadic life, or was he settled?" Helebceyî asked, fearing the worst. "Settled, thankfully," Hesenpûr said, bringing a faint smile to Helebceyî's face. "He resided in Xadreniye, though he appears to have briefly lived and studied in Heskîf. We have already found his residence and secured his possessions."

Helebceyî nodded, relieved. "And what do these possessions tell us?"

Hesenpûr inhaled slightly before speaking. "It appears he was a lone wolf who sympathized with the Caliphate. We found his laptop, and his browser history suggests he visited several websites associated with that despicable group. Among other things, he appears to have visited a Caliphate website with information on the manufacture of explosives, which is likely what gave him the information he used in the bombing. But we can find no evidence that he ever formally became a member of the Caliphate, or that he was a member of the Islamic Front of Siphria."

There was a brief pause before Helebceyî shook his head and sighed. "No, no, that doesn't seem right. A single individual inspired by an effectively-defunct organization, acting on his own without anyone else? Surely, the situation must be different than this," he said in mock mourning, his eyes glinting as he looked at Hesenpûr, who smiled and nodded knowingly. "Of course," he replied. "I suppose it is possible that we were mistaken- in which case I am deeply thankful that no one but a few trusted individuals heard that... false information."

"It would be foolish, very foolish," Helebceyî noted thoughtfully, "for a man such as mister Emranî to give his life for a cause so obviously lost as that of the Caliphate. It would serve no purpose. No, no, it is much more likely that he would have killed and died for a cause that still has a chance. A cause such as... the cause of the Ankorenis, perhaps." Across the desk, Hesenpûr grinned and nodded. "The efforts by our enemy neighbor to infiltrate Awiyyistan and stoke anger among the Bedouin are well-known," he said. "It would be very unsurprising if we were to find that this individual had visited several Ankoreni media sites, and consumed large amounts of Ankoreni propaganda that might have motivated him to attack innocent civilians. He might also have started insisting on using the Arabic form of his name- Rashid al-Amrani, I believe- and rejected any usage of the Siphrian version of it."

Helebceyî smiled, but shook his head slightly and replied "Yes, yes, of course, but there must be more than that." Hesenpûr nodded. "How much more did we find, exactly?"

"Well clearly mister Emranî was no lone wolf," Helebceyî responded. "Among his possessions were documents proving that he was a member of the illegal and Ankoreni-backed All-Nautasian Party of Siphria, and that he had been in discussions over e-mail and social media with several individuals, both other radicalized Bedouins and individuals claiming to be members of the Ankoreni intelligence forces and military. He might have acted alone this time, but he was clearly member of one ring- or multiple rings- of potential Islamic Collectivist terrorists among the Bedouin," he declared.

"And even further than that," he brazenly declared, "mister Emranî- very conveniently for us- wrote a manifesto in which he explicitly outlined his admiration for Ankoren, his hatred for this country, and his belief that Siphria must be destroyed and annexed into the so-called 'UNIR'." Hesenpûr nodded dutifully. "I will make sure that the National Security Service discovers these documents and records soon," he replied. "After all, the Siphrian people need to know about the threat within their midst." "I am glad you understand the severity of the situation," Helebceyî responded, grinning.

Hesenpûr stood up and moved to the door, but then paused. "By the way, Selîm," he added quietly, turning around, "should we perhaps discuss the other great matter in our midst- that is, his excellency the President?" Helebceyî shook his head. "Not here. And not now," Helebceyî replied. "Anything involving President Qeredaxî we will have to discuss with the others. We will need all of their support if we are to move ahead."

Hesenpûr nodded one last time before turning back towards the door. "Well, I will make sure that the National Security Service gets to work right away. It looks like we will have a very busy day ahead of us."

THE MANIFESTO OF RASHID AL-AMRANI

I write this manifesto fully expecting that it shall not be read until I have given my life to the twin causes of service to Allah and service to Nautasia. Indeed, I write it as a call for my brothers to follow in the path I plan to clear- the path of righteousness against sin and victory over the oppressors. I write it to serve as a beacon to my enslaved kin across Siphria, and to those righteous souls who could be our liberators. I write it as a humble plea, that those abroad who have already brought about the revolution of freedom and faith will come to our aid now, as we need it most.

I do not know how many villains I will take with me when I strike my blow against the enemies of Nautasia. I pray that it will be a great many, but I cannot say for sure. But I am sure that my death will mark the start of a new era, in which the decadent and the corrupt are struck down, and a unified, pious, prosperous Nautasia triumphs at last. I am confident that, even if I am slandered by traitors and degenerates now, I will ultimately be remembered as a martyr; as one of those brave Nautasians who stood against debauchery, slavery, perversion, and corruption, and who gave their life in the name of Nautasian freedom and the holy Islamic faith.

It is my goal in this manifesto to illustrate why I must strike, why it must be now, and why our victory is inevitable. I do not intent to persuade the stooges, the cowards, or the traitors; their ears have been sealed both to the cries of the people and to the word of Allah, and there is nothing for them but destruction by the awakened masses and punishment in Hell. This is a call to action, for all whose hearts remain pure: for my brother and sister Bedouin, long abused for their piety and pride; for the liberated peoples of Nautasia, whose shackles have been broken. I will make the world aware of our plight, and I pray I will spur the servants of God and the revolution into action. I intend my death to unify them, so that they might triumph over their enemies- my enemies- our enemies- once and for all.

1. THE NATURE OF SIPHRIA

Since the darkest days of antiquity, Siphria has been a land of sin, decadence, and corruption. Indeed, it seems that there is something about it that breeds degeneracy and impiety, that causes men to stray from the righteous ways, that corrupts and blackens the soul of all but the purest and firmest believers. It also becomes clear, when one analyzes the history of this ill-natured land, that Siphria has long been an opponent of Nautasia and Nautasian unity at any point; that any attempt to bring together the peoples of Nautasia and thus strengthen them has always been fiercely opposed by those corrupted by this evil country.

The first inhabitants of this land known to history were the Aburrites, a race of savages and pagans of the foulest sort. The Aburrites are most notable for their shirk- the unforgivable sin of denying the oneness of god, in favor of idolatry and polytheism. Both in these ancient days and in the present, the Aburrites worship a litany of false gods. In these ancient days, they made massive graven idols out of precious metal, and "cared" for them- clothing them, washing them, "feeding" them with burnt offerings, praying to them, singing hymns and burning incense to please them. Indeed, when the Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon him, cast the idols and graven images out of the Holy Ka'bah, many Aburrite idols were among those cast out and destroyed. Later, many made efforts to convert the Aburrites to the right path- but they continued to commit shirk in their hearts, repeating their old prayers to their graven idols, continuing to make them burnt offerings at the hearth. When the Baha'i heathens told the Aburrites they could again revel in their sin, the first thing they did was to design a flag for themselves, depicting the most terrible and false of their idolatrous "gods", proving that they had remained as evil and corrupt as ever. In their refusal to renounce this sin, and their pride and revelry in it, they have established themselves firmly as enemies of Islam.

But the Aburrites, in addition to being enemies of the righteousness of the faith, were also enemies of Nautasia. It was during these ancient days that the first move towards pan-Nautasianism was made, by the venerable Korazdan Empire. The Korazdan Empire brought unity to Nautasia for the first time in its history, under a single strong government. It oversaw the construction of great roads and aqueducts spanning the continent, bringing together its disparate lands, and many great monuments that have survived through the ages into the present, testimonies to its power and its glory. It organized a bureaucracy, unprecedented anywhere in Esquarium, establishing a functioning government under the august rule of a single Emperor. But the Aburrites, when given the option to peacefully join the Korazdan Empire, refused- and in fact led an armed campaign against its benevolent and beneficial rule. The fact that their schismatic campaign succeeded remains a great point of pride among the Aburrites- proof that they are just as committed to dividing and weakening Nautasia as they are to denying the nature of Allah with their idolatrous heresy.

Then, many centuries later, came the Siphrians. The Siphrians must be given credit for melting down the great heathen idols of the Aburrites, but this was out of greed rather than piety. The Siphrians were Zoroastrians, worshippers of false gods, false prophets, and inanimate concepts such as fire. Their heresy was less vile than that of the Aburrites, but nevertheless well beyond the boundaries of the Dar al-Islam. Further, they refused to fully obliterate the Aburrites and their criminal, sinful ways. The great pagan idols were melted down for coin, but the Aburrites were still allowed to sing their discordant hymns and offer up burnt sacrifices to their false gods. The cities of the Aburrites were razed, but the Siphrians built their new towns on the same locations, building upon the same tainted foundations. And most importantly, the Siphrians refused to obliterate the Aburrite people- and the Aburrites caused the Siphrians to become ever-more decadent, corrupt, and heretical, in the way that an infestation of maggots hastens the process of a corpse rotting.

Then came the great armies of the Prophet, may peace be upon him, and his successors, sweeping over Siphria like a cleansing wave, bringing the true faith of Islam to this wicked land, holding it out as a torch in the darkness. And to the outsider, it might have seemed like the Siphrians had adopted the true way for a time. But while they maintained the appearance of being members of the faith, they had abandoned it in their hearts. They made great shows of public worship, but in private they openly flouted the rules laid out by the most Holy Qur'an. They drank wine and ate pork, gambled, engaged in usury, violated the prohibition of figuration, encouraged prostitution and adultery and homosexuality, refused to give zakat, prayed only in public shows of feigned piety, openly refused to fast during Ramadan, and denied the equality of all Muslims. They grew ever more decadent and corrupt, and strayed ever farther from the one true path of Allah, continuing this land's infestation by impiety, sin, and wickedness.

And so for centuries, the Siphrians repeated the shahadah while openly defying Allah's commands, but eventually even this grew insufficiently heretical and sinful for them. They ignored that Muhammad, may peace be upon him, was clearly established as the Seal of the Prophets, and turned to a new false prophet, the "Behaulah", who preached decadence, heresy, and sin. They began to tear down the minarets and the qiblas, defiling the mosques and the holy places. They sent zealots and fanatics, armed by the military, to harass and intimidate those who attempted to attend prayers. They killed Muslim parents and abducted their orphaned children to be raised by the state, so they could be indoctrinated into heresy and sin. They worked systematically to obliterate Islam, and to reduce Siphria back to savage heathenry. They also began to work to weaken and divide Nautasia alongside Luziyca, Ainin, Lyonsland, and the other terrible imperial powers who raped and enslaved this continent, opposing all those who would have united Nautasia against her enemies.

Only one people have remained devout and loyal to Allah throughout these centuries: the Bedouins, we who inhabit the land of Awiyyistan. Sheltered from the corrupt and impious cities of the coast, kept away from decadence and corruption by honest lives and devotion to Allah, we have remained pure and faithful in spite of the efforts of the unbelievers. And as a result of our piety and purity, we are persecuted and tormented by the heretics and the idolaters; we are harassed and looked down upon, we are disenfranchised and persecuted, we are shackled and enslaved. And yet we have kept our faith in Allah and in the teachings of the Prophet, may peace be upon him. The Aburrites became heathen idolaters, the Siphrians decadent sinners, but the Bedouin- we remained pure. It is the Bedouin alone who have been able to resist the stinking corruption of this land, and the Bedouin alone who have remained on the true path.

2. ISLAMIC COLLECTIVISM IN SIPHRIA

The Islamic Collectivist ideology is, in many ways, very compatible with and applicable to the traditional values and lifestyle of the Bedouin people. The Bedouin people are inclined towards collectivism; in the traditional nomadic tribal system of the Bedouin, a Bedouin lives within a group of a few families whose members must cooperate in order to guarantee their survival. They must cooperate to obtain water, to feed the camels they use as pack animals, to pitch their tents, to guard their camp during the night, to raise their children. This produces a very tight-knit collective, whose members recognize the value of working in a group to the benefit of all.

This aligns very well with the collectivist doctrines of Islamic Collectivism. Nurcan Taylan, the father of Islamic Collectivism and pan-Nautasianism, did much to emphasize the importance of a people working in tandem, supplementing and strengthening each other, sacrificing themselves if need be, in creating a better society. Through collectivism the people can be unified without distinction, creating a stronger and more prosperous world. This concept, so integral to Islamic Collectivism that it is given a place in its name, is one that the Bedouins understand well.

The other half of the name "Islamic Collectivism" is, of course, Islamism; it is Islamism that will be the balm to the weaknesses of traditional Bedouin society, that will supplement and strengthen Bedouin culture in the way that collectivism will supplement and strengthen the Bedouin and Nautasian people. In many ways Bedouin society is afflicted by the plague of tribalism. The enemy maintains that it is "a part of Bedouin tradition", but this is a slanderous lie. This division is in fact wholly the fault of the Siphrian regime, which has sought to use rivalry and "blood feud" to weaken the Bedouin, to drive us apart and pit us against each other in a sick, twisted blood sport. As part of a "divide and conquer" doctrine, they have made the Bedouin tribes fight each other so that we do not realize that they are the real oppressors, and unite against them. This hatred and bloodshed is not "Bedouin tradition"; the Bedouins lived together in peace, united by Islam, before we were driven apart by the Siphrian.

The solution to this is the unity of the Dar al-Islam against the Dar al-Harb. What all Bedouin- regardless of tribe- have in common is a firm belief in the revelations contained in the Holy Qur'an, and in the words of the Prophet contained in hadithat. We have all suffered because of our pious devotion to the Five Pillars, and for our submission to the will of Allah. We have seen the minarets torn down and the adhan silenced; we have seen those who recited the shahadah sent into dark jail cells; we have had our livelihoods stolen and our traditions mocked and insulted; we have seen our lands stolen for settlement by rats and dogs. Through the re-emphasis of the oneness of the Dar al-Islam, and the unity of salvation through the word of Allah, the Bedouin will be able to put aside their fabricated feuds and disputes, and unite to cast off the shackles placed upon them by the Siphrian enemy.

Finally, the Islamic Collectivist emphasis on the strong state and on defense will be able to defend the Bedouin people from their enemies. The enemies of the Bedouin are many. They include traitors and schemers, who have betrayed the Bedouin people and Allah in the name of temporal power or wealth, and damned themselves in the hereafter; the race of dogs who call themselves the Siphrians, who steal our land, malign our traditions, drive us apart, keep us enslaved, and promote heresy and false prophethood; the race of rats who call themselves the Aburrites, enemies of Nautasia and of Allah alike, idolaters and schismatics to the core; the Litoreans and other savages, who have sold themselves and their countries to the enemy and who have themselves bought the despotic government of Siphria; the Aininians, Luziycans, Lyonese, and all the other white-skinned pigs who have made their wealth off of the rape of Nautasia, who rob us of our resources and our land and our pride, who corrupt our governments and weaken our continent. It is true that Allah will surely condemn all these profiteers, slanderers, traitors, idolaters, and miscellaneous bastards to eternal suffering in the hereafter for their crimes, but before the arrival of the Day of Judgment, we are in need of something to defend the pious Muslim against the heathen, Nautasia against the non-Nautasian, the righteous against the evil.

It is the strong state and the strong military of Islamic Collectivism that serve this purpose: defending the good from those who would obliterate it. As part of the Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics, Siphria and Awiyyistan would no longer be manipulated and enslaved by traitors, heretics, and imperialists. Such a state is able to smite corruption, deviancy, impiety, and treason at its whim, and it is this powerful state that is needed by the Bedouin. Only the Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics will be able to defend our culture, our faith, and our people from the Siphrians, the Aburrites, the Litoreans, the non-Nautasians, and the traitors amongst us. With these enemies wholly obliterated, the security and prosperity of the Bedouin people would be preserved forever.

Siphria had a chance to institute Islamic Collectivism, to save itself from the enemies of Nautasia, once already. The 1974 Muharram revolution, led by the pride of the Bedouin people and martyr of Islam Ali Hussein ("Elî Husên", in the heathen Siphrian tongue), was a glorious uprising by the Bedouin and by those pious few Siphrians who continued to exist at this point. Had it succeeded, I have no doubt that Siphria and Awiyyistan would have enterred into a golden era of prosperity, unity, security, and strength. Unfortunately, it was brutally suppressed by the cruel, greedy infidel Isma'il Fariqi (Îsmaîl Ferîqî, in the heathen tongue), who responded with the most vicious persecution that the Siphrian righteous have ever seen. Those few Siphrians who continued to remain pure were eliminated, and the Bedouin suffered a near-endless assault upon our faith and our traditions. We were forced to abandon our old nomadic ways; children were stolen from their mothers to be indoctrinated with falsehood; thousands upon thousands were gruesomely martyred by the Ferîqî despotate.

While the Muharram revolution was a failure, it can not and must not be the last attempt at Islamic Collectivism in Siphria or Awiyyistan. Every day it becomes more and more clear that this country is desperately in need of purification by the righteous. Every day it becomes more clear that the infidels and the schismatics must be utterly obliterated and removed from existence. Every day it becomes more clear that a rebirth of faith and Nautasian unity must overtake this country, lest it be doomed to mediocrity at best and slavery at worst. We will be nothing, less than nothing, if we refuse to cast off our shackles and join in the Nautasian Islamic Revolution.

3. NAUTASIA AND THE U.N.I.R.

There is no greater symbol of the glory and the triumph of Islamic Collectivism than the Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics- the home of Islamic Collectivism and the purest, greatest nation upon the Nautasian continent. Ankoren and Pasdan have always been regions of Nautasia inclined towards greatness, but through Islamic Collectivism they have overcome every obstacle facing them, and moved from being a nation enslaved to foreign powers to being the bulwark of Nautasian sovereignty. Through Islamic Collectivism, they lifted their people out of ignorance and poverty and illiteracy, turning them into the most pious, most industrious, and bravest people upon this planet- a true model for Nautasia and, perhaps, even all of Esquarium.

What is now the U.N.I.R. was, in the 1910s, a country weak and enslaved as much of Nautasia was then and- unfortunately- is now. The last rulers of the Erkemen Empire had sold their country out to foreign imperial powers such as Ainin, Lyonsland, and Luziyca, who exploited its people and its resources for selfish greed and profit. The fall of the Erkemens brought some hope to the Nautasian people that their shackles might be broken, but these hopes were quickly dashed by the ensuing "Ankoreni Republic", a foreign-backed oligarchy beholden to and inspired by the decadent and heretical foreign powers of Nordania, Conitia, and Velkia. It soon became clear to the Ankoreni people that this new government- indeed, composed of many of the same decadent traitors as the old government- would be no better at protecting their security, their prosperity, or their sovereignty.

It was in this vacuum of moral leadership that Nurcan Taylan, the wisest man to live in Nautasia since the Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon him, himself, developed the brilliant doctrines of Islamic Collectivism. Recognizing the urgent need of his fellow countrymen for strong leadership, Taylan took the initiative and established the Union of Ankoren, the heroic revolutionary state that would become the Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics. Establishing a strong, unified, capable regime, run by military strategists, trained civil servants, and the chiefs of the ulema, he quickly went about applying the principles of Islamic Collectivism with great effect. Illiteracy, innumeracy, and ignorance of all sorts were effectively abolished by the creation of an education system that not only educated youth in facts and figures, but in loyalty and morality as well. Through military might he reclaimed his country's pride and sovereignty and land from the enemy powers that had stolen these things. He took a nation of serfs and peasants, where poverty was endemic and unemployment rife, and turned it into the economic powerhouse of the Nautasian continent. Through the application of the principles of Islamic Collectivism, the U.N.I.R. saw increases in every field of the economy: in agricultural yields, industrial output, commercial profits, the research sector.

Taylan's successors, from Hassan Gülbaran to Evren Volkan, have made sure to adhere firmly to the principles of Islam and Islamic Collectivism, and the U.N.I.R. has continued to reap the benefits of their wisdom a thousand-fold. The Union has set a clear example for what Nautasia can become, if it places itself upon the true path.

This transformation, this salvation, is one unparalleled anywhere else in Nautasia or Esquarium, and it is all proof of the glory and the power and the potential of Islamic Collectivism. The Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics has easily become the foremost nation of Nautasia in all aspects- its military and economic power, its political prestige, its moral guidance. It is a nation that the foreign infidels are forced to recognize as their superior. It is the purest, strongest, greatest nation in Nautasia and the world- and it is clear that Siphria must become a part of it, at any cost.

4. THE URGENCY OF THE MOMENT

There will be some who, having read this manifesto, might ask why we must act now. These individuals are of the right heart and mind- unlike the infidels and the schismatics- they are committed to the principles of Islam and the concept of Nautasian unity, but they fear that now is not the right time to move. Perhaps, they say, there might come a point in the future where this glorious future could be brought about with less blood or risk. It must be made clear, however, that the present moment is one of unparalleled opportunity for the Islamic Collectivist cause.

To our east, the U.N.I.R. rises ascendant like the morning sun in all respects. It has reached a pinnacle never before reached by any Nautasian nation in terms of power. Through the cleansing ferocity of the Hurricane, its society has been purged of all people who might sabotage the revolution. Its economy is perpetually improving, perpetually expanding, perpetually enriching. Its military might is strong enough now that it is rightfully placed as one of the great powers of the world. Under the august rule of Evren Volkan, it has proved its mettle through the total obliteration of the terrorist group known as the "Caliphate", it has liberated the people of Irvadistan from Koy domination, it has given hope and support to millions of Nautasians across the continent. While the power of the Union has no doubt yet to apex, Allah has nevertheless made it clear that this is the opportunity for the Union to take action to liberate the Nautasian continent.

And Allah has also made it so that the enemies of pan-Nautasianism have been cast into chaos and disarray. Siphria is run by a committee of senile old men, who squabble amongst themselves and with the so-called "clergy" of the sinful and heretical Baha'i "faith". These aging generals speak loudly, but only because to hide how they quaver in terror at the power of the U.N.I.R., desperately trying to ignore the imminence of their destruction. In Saheil and in Pisdara, the Islamic Collectivist movement grows in strength and power every day, as ever more of the Pisdari and Saheilian people move to cast off their shackles and obliterate the traitors and cowards amongst them. Mazaristan's government, ever-more isolated and exposed since the liberation of Irvadistan, will no doubt experience liberation soon as well. In Rifat, liberation has already begun with the rising of the Rifati people against the traitors and schismatics and the infidels who run that country. These events are all occurring not only due to the actions of the Union in its quest to liberate this continent, but also no doubt due to the will of Allah Himself, showing divine favor for our quest.

Now finally forced to reckon with the fact that Nautasia is a power to be reckoned with, the nations that for so long enslaved and manipulated and divided and oppressed us have fled the continent in terror, like dogs with their tails between their legs. Ainin, Lyonsland, Luziyca, Koyro- all of them have been scattered like dust in the wind. They have left their puppets alone, they have left those traitors who served them to their fate. The power of the U.N.I.R. has forced these enemy powers into submission, and the works of Allah have left them divided and in retreat.

It is clear that Allah has willed that this be our time to act. Our enemies have been left weak and divided; our allies have been strengthened and supported. There will be no better time for us to act than now. This is the moment that my brothers and sisters must seize, with all their might and energy, if we are to have our freedom, our prosperity, and our security. We must rise up and obliterate the enemy now, in the twin names of Islam and Nautasia; if we do this we shall surely have all that we have ever dreamed of.

5. A CALL TO ACTION

We have now established that Siphria is a sinful land dominated by evil people who oppress the righteous, that Islamic Collectivism shall be the salvation of the Bedouin as it was the salvation of the Ankorenis and Pasdanis and Irvadis, and that there is no better time for us to act than this moment.

To my fellow Bedouins, my brothers and sisters, you who have suffered from your piety: now is the time for us to rise up. We must fight back through every means available. We must rise up in revolt, we must strike at the heathen temples, we must annihilate those who serve the enemy. We can discount no weapons from our arsenal; every method must be open to us. Furthermore, this is a total war between good and evil; there are no "civilians" or "bystanders". Every Siphrian, every Aburrite, every heathen whether Baha'i or Ebēbu Īnu or Christian or Zoroastrian or Jew, every Bedouin who collaborates- they must all be targets. Their homes, their places of work, their places of recreation are all targets. They themselves are targets, their wives and husbands are targets, their parents and siblings and children are targets. Their temples, their schools, their markets are all targets. Hunt them to the ends of the earth if you must. Do not forget that they will all be damned by Allah in the hereafter; they are irredeemable and unsalvageable. The true path has been closed off to them, and it is our sacred duty to utterly obliterate every single one of them.

To my fellow Muslims and fellow Nautasians, in the Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics: continue to help Awiyyistan in her quest for liberation, as you long have. Throw all your weight and might behind the cause of liberating your fellow Nautasian Muslims. You, too, must not shy away from spilling the blood of the damned, no matter how "innocent" they may seem and no matter how fiercely the infidel pigs abroad howl. Those foes of Nautasia heroically eliminated by your brave soldiers in Qurwe must be joined by millions more. On behalf of all my brothers and sisters here in this wretched country, I plead with you to eliminate every single one of our enemies without mercy or reprieve. Slaughter every Siphrian, every Aburrite, every invasive foreigner who defiles our continent. Slaughter every heathen and every heretic, of every sect and denomination. Slaughter every sinner, every schismatic, every slanderer, and every traitor. Leave not one of them alive, in the way that Allah will not spare even one of them from eternal damnation. Destroy them, and their families, and their allies. Burn down their cities until no trace remains; tear down their temples of sin, their decadent pleasure houses, their monuments to heathenry and idolatry. Raze this land in its entirety, and let it be purified by the scouring flame.

For it is through this- this total obliteration of our enemy, and our enemy's family, and our enemy's people, and our enemy's faith, and our enemy's society- that we shall build the foundation of a better society. Upon the ashes and the graves of the sinners and the schismatics, my Bedouin brothers and sisters will be able to build a pure land and people. Through loyalty to Islam, we shall be cleansed of infidelity and sin, and rendered into moral and righteous beings, soldiers of the Lord in his quest against sin and impiety. Through the principles of Islamic Collectivism, we shall experience a glorious flowering of industry and culture. And through unity with Nautasia, we shall be at last rendered secure, free of oppression and tyranny, able to live our lives in peace at last.

Finally, to our enemies: know that your doom is coming. Allah has willed it. The people have willed it. You may tremble, or beg for mercy, or make brave but hollow declarations. It will not matter; you are beyond redemption, beyond salvation. No matter how hard you fight, you cannot win. You will never win. You, and all the evil that you stand for, will be obliterated totally and utterly. Nothing will remain of you. We will exterminate your people, we will raze your cities and cast down your false idols, we will wipe your names from history. This is inevitable. It cannot be stopped, or slowed. The Nautasian Islamic people will have their victory, and you will meet your doom. All this is certain.

My fellow Bedouin, my fellow Muslims, my fellow Nautasians: rise up!
Last edited by Siphria on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:37 am

Preamble to the Declaration of an Aininian Republic
4 April 1798

The National Assembly of Ainin, in the name of the people,

United by a desire to resume its rightful sovereignty and a will to prosecute this goal by means pacific or belligerent,

Resolves to wage perpetual war against all enemies, within and without, of the Aininian people's common good.

FIRST, the tyrannical Namorian, whose banditry of our grain and rape of our cities has starved and slaughtered our wives and children, and whose armies have cut down our sons and martyrs. We demand the unconditional and immediate dissolution of the unequitable relationship between the Namorian's occidental empire and the Aininian realm.

SECOND, the traitorous Charlist, who has spilled the blood of the people to protect the draconian rule of the Namorian, and whose contempt for popular sovereignty is nakedly expressed in his support for the vile institutions of the former Kingdom of Ainin and for the claims of the Tyrant-King, an agent of the enemy who seeks to maintain the dominion of the Namorian emperor above the people of Ainin. We demand the extermination of the traitors who spill the blood of their compatriots.

THIRD, the wretched Nevan, whose unprovoked aggression against the popular sovereignty of the herein re-formed Aininian nation has brought aid to the positions of the traitorous Charlist and the murderous Namorian. We demand the expulsion of every last northern brute from the rightful dominion of the people of Ainin.

It is therefore, with all due consideration, necessary for this Assembly to declare its desire to resume the independence of the Aininian polity amongst the global community of states as a free, sovereign Republic, enshrining the principles of liberty, equality and justice for all men. We resolve to hold steadfast in this mission until every enemy soldier is slaughtered and the principles of universal human brotherhood can be extended throughout the realm.

In response to the aggressions of the Namorian, Charlist and Nevan, we declare the establishment of an AININIAN REPUBLIC, a new nation rooted in property, sovereignty and equality for all. Millennia of oppressive rule by kings, emperors and despots come to an end as the people of Ainin re-establish their rightful place over their perfidious masters. Long live Ainin! Long live the Republic! Death to the Namorian, the Tyrant-King and the runt prince!
Last edited by Ainin on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Greater Petrea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Petrea » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Government
AW = National Coalition Faction
HD = Democratic Faction
W! = Wahada Faction

Official Opposition
TBT = Steadfast Faction
DW = National Democratic Faction
Q = Strength Faction

OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of the PROCEEDINGS OF THE GENERAL PEOPLE'S SENATE on SEPTEMBER 11TH 2017
KHALID BIN ATWEB BUILDING; INTERIM BUILDING OF THE GENERAL PEOPLE'S SENATE - EMERGENCY SESSION

CHAIR: [Taps gavel lightly twice.] Order. The General People's Senate of the Rifati Republic shall come to order. This emergency session of the Senate has been called by the opposition coalition Steadfast, in accordance with Article 56 of the Rifati Republican Constitution, on the topic of R.829 -- the state of the current administration of The Honorable President Ahmet Boudjera and The Honorable Prime Minister Farouk Benboulaid's continued support within the General People's Senate. Given the exigent circumstances of the resolution at hand today, reading for this resolution has been set at twenty minutes with ten minutes debate and thirty minutes consideration. The chair recognizes the President as representative of both himself and the government.

[Thirty-seconds of applause as the President makes his way to the podium. Applause cuts off abruptly as the President reaches the podium and adjusts the microphone.]

President AHMET BOUDJERA (AW, BENDIGHA): Thank you, Mister Speaker.

[Ten seconds pause as the President withdraws a copy of his speech from his breast pocket and unfolds it. Light coughs come from the Steadfast faction seating area.]

Since the 28th of June, 2017, the Rifati Republic has been in a state of crisis. Ever since the incident near Al Qawi, which I did condemn - and still do condemn - in the strongest possible terms, there have been some in this room who have deemed both me as well as the rest of my administration as unfit to serve in our current capacities. [Pause.] Such rhetoric, fueled by fears of war, only increased with the unlawful and heinous mutiny against our government in Bendigha by members of the Rifati Army. Many considered my order to withdraw from the south to be unwise, and a dereliction of my duties to ensure the Rifati Republic stay united. While there may, in some ways, be some credence to their arguments, they miss the true impact of the situation at hand.

It must be said, for it appears that to not say it would be a true dereliction of duty; Rifat is under siege. The democratic and liberal values of inclusion, dialogue, and progress - so hard fought by the hundreds of those martyred and thousands wounded in 2010 by the dictator El-Masri - are under siege. Mister Speaker, my colleagues, open your eyes to the threat that lies before us. The rebels who, utilizing weaponry either stolen or illegally obtained, are currently fighting in the south are threatening to do away with the very values that the martyrs have fought to enshrine. Though, to some, I may not be an adept leader, I myself am a result of that democratic process. As are you all.

Rifat is under threat from many sides, be it from rebels, takfiris, or the Islamic collectivist tyrants of the UNIR. Thus, I ask of you all this day; why should political intrigue - one that is only motivated by fear - be unduly added to the list of threats. It is unwise to do so. As a wise man once said: 'A house which is divided against itself cannot stand.' To remove me and the rest of my administration, though entirely lawful in its nature, is also a symbolic division against the House and People of the Rifati Republic. I fear for us all if such division were allowed to take place.

Thank you, Mister Speaker.

[Light applause from the Government section as the President sits, with mixed discussion and jeers from the Opposition section occurring as well.]

CHAIR: [Taps gavel loudly.] Order, order! [Pause as the Senate chamber falls silent.] Thank you, Mister President. The Chair now recognizes the Leader of the Opposition.

Leader of the Opposition BADR AL-NEMAN (TBT, ZAGIER-2ND): Thank you, Mister Speaker.
Ladies and gentlemen, colleagues, members of the General People's Senate and the honorable representatives of the People of the Rifati Republic, let me make one thing abundantly clear this day; the Opposition holds no animus with the current administration. I have no ill-feeling or will to the President, the Prime Minister, or anyone else within the administration. None whatsoever. What the President has said is correct; I do fear, and fear is indeed the reason why I - along with the rest of my faction and opposition - have proposed this resolution to remove the current administration. I fear for the Rifati Republic, yes, but most of all I fear for it under the President's leadership.

[Gasps and shouts of outrage from the government section.]

CHAIR: [Loud pounding of gavel.] Order! This Senate shall come to order! Mister al-Neman, I must ask that you please refrain from impugning the President's leadership. Please continue.

Leader of the Opposition BADR AL-NEMAN (TBT, ZAGIER-2ND): Thank you, Mister Speaker, I apologize to the President, the Prime Minister, and my colleagues for my verbiage on this matter.

Never before has the government of Rifat, be it the Sultanate of Rifat, the Kingdom of Rifat, the Rifati Arab Republic, the Democratic People's Socialist Republic of Rifat, or the Rifati Republic - pre or post-2010 - had to withdraw from an entire geographic region and abandon it to a rebel force. Never before has a Rifati government allowed itself to be so abandoned by its allies. Never before has a government of the Rifati people been allowed military blunder after military blunder. From Wad Medawaba to Abu Kaqiya, the Rifati people have watched as the town after town fell to anarchy and rebellion. They have watched as the government - willingly, mind you - allowed it to happen. It is why, as the Ministry of Defence has found, the Rifati people are turning to militias and vigilante justice in order to ensure their own safety. Colleagues, after witnessing all that you have witnessed, are you truly willing to return to your districts and answer to your constituents as to why you have allowed such an administration to stand? Thank you, Mister Speaker.

CHAIR: Thank you, Mister al-Neman. The Chair recognizes the leader of the National Democratic Faction.

Leader of the National Democratic Faction TAWRIQ ABU SAMAD (DW, BENSLIDIOUNA-1ST): Thank you, Mister Speaker, but I have nothing further to add.

CHAIR: Thank you, Mister Abu Samad. The Chair recognizes the leader of the Strength Faction.

Leader of the Strength Faction SABIL AL-GHAR (DW, BENSLIDIOUNA-2ND): Thank you, Mister Speaker, nothing further to add.

CHAIR: Thank you, Mister al-Ghar. The period of consideration begins promptly, with the period of voting occurring promptly afterward.

Thirty minutes later

CHAIR: The period of consideration and voting is so concluded. Whips, do you have the votes?

MAJORITY WHIP: Yes, Mister Speaker.

MINORITY WHIP: Yes, Mister Speaker.

QUESTION: To enact RESOLUTION 829.

GENERAL PEOPLE'S SENATE
____________________YEA NAY N.V.
NATIONAL COALITION 57 22
DEMOCRATIC FACTION 29 34 6
WAHADA FACTION 43
STEADFAST FACTION 65
NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC 79
STRENGTH 27

TOTAL 200 91 99
____________________51% 23%
____________________RESOLUTION AGREED TO

CHAIR: Resolution 829 is passed, the AYES have it.

[Murmurs from the government section.]

CHAIR: [Taps gavel lightly twice.] Order.

Minister of the Interior WALID ALI HAZFOUSI (W!, HALASALA): I move to adjourn.

CHAIR: Are there any objections?

[Silence.]

CHAIR: It is so ordered. This session is hereby adjourned.

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 am

18.00pm 23rd Dhul Hijjah 1438

To the noble and kind people of Mazaristan, we are the Nautasian Freedom Defence Front, we are the Black Hand. We are your liberation and we are coming.

Too long have you been enslaved to Yusuf Nasr and his lackeys. Too long have you been enslaved to their will. Too long have you been condemned to hardship and poverty as Nasr and his gang of thieves gorge themselves on the fruits of your labours. Too long have you been cast into the sea of doubt as Nasr and his cabal denied you your faith.

Now, in face of your wrath and its cowardice before the Takfiri, the Nasr cabal has invited foreign imperialists into your nation. Now, you are a nation under occupation. To seek protection for their wealth and power over you, they will abandon you and the nation to the imperialist plans of Ainin.

You are a people under occupation and we are your liberation. We are so many, we are everywhere. When we meet Nasr, it will be the worse day of his life and it will be the last day of his life.
We are the Black Hand, we are coming to strangle the life out of your oppressors and his master. We are the Black Hand and we are coming to save you.

Be strong and resist.

Nautasia Prevails.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Excerpt of the transcripts of the 77th House of Representatives, 2nd Session for Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Question period

VASILIEV: Mr. Speaker, in light of the controversy of the agreement signed between the so-called "Union of Nautasian Islamic Republics" and the Christian Republic, how will the Secretary of Foreign Affairs ensure that Mazaristan does not become a new Irvadistan when they inevitably betray the agreement?

(applause from the NLP caucus and some Whigs)

STASOV: Mr. Speaker, to respond to the question posed by the representative from North Kray-Nord, the agreement does not, I repeat, does not require us to remove our military bases from Mazaristan. Our soldiers who have been assigned to these bases will remain in Mazaristan, but those fighting the Caliphate and the HTI [Hayat Tahrir Islami] will return home as soon as these forces are both defeated.

(boos from the NLP and Whig caucuses, applause from the Liberal and Socred caucuses)

STASOV: That being said, Mr. Speaker, the Christian Republic will continue to support Mazaristan's sovereignty and protect its independence. This agreement was made so that a significant source of anxiety in Huimont and among our war hawks is, if not removed, at least mitigated for the time being, in exchange for us being allowed to have our private sector invest in Irvadistan's reconstruction, and to promote the use of clean coal technologies within the UNIR.

(boos from the NLP and Whig caucuses, applause from the Liberal and Socred caucuses)

West Cedarbrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby West Cedarbrook » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Noon, September 27, 2017. Senate Chamber

Inauguration of Issac Feld, Second Term, President of The Kramden of West Cedarbrook

Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Civil Affairs, Marsha Ullman
Mr. President -

By popular election under the Constitution of the Kramden of West Cedarbrook, I, Issac Feld, do solemnly swear to perform all duties incumbent upon my office faithfully, within the framework of the Constitution and all laws, and to serve to benefit all the people of the Kramden of West Cedarbrook.

Issac Feld
By popular election under the Constitution of the Kramden of West Cedarbrook, I, Issac Feld, do solemnly swear to perform all duties incumbent upon my office faithfully, within the framework of the Constitution and all laws, and to serve to benefit all the people of the Kramden of West Cedarbrook.

Feld and Chief Justice shake hands, and step back on the platform. Vice President Paula Davidoff and Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Civil Affairs step forward

Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Civil Affairs, Zelek Wasserman
Madame Vice President -

By popular election under the Constitution of the Kramden of West Cedarbrook, I, Paula Davidoff, do solemnly swear to perform all duties incumbent upon my office faithfully, within the framework of the Constitution and all laws, and to serve to benefit all the people of the Kramden of West Cedarbrook. I will assist the President of the Kramden in all assigned tasks, and maintain readiness to assume the office of the Presidency where succession is required under the Constitution and the Code of Civil Law.

Paula Davidoff
--coughs--
By popular election under the Constitution of the Kramden of West Cedarbrook, I, Paula Davidoff, do solemnly swear to perform all duties incumbent upon my office faithfully, within the framework of the Constitution and all laws, and to serve to benefit all the people of the Kramden of West Cedarbrook. I will assist the President of the Kramden in all assigned tasks, and maintain readiness to assume the office of the Presidency where succession is required under the Constitution and the Code of Civil Law.

Davidoff and Wasserman shake hands, Davidoff shakes hands with Feld, Davidoff and Wasserman step back, Feld steps to to microphone.

Issac Feld
Honored Justices, worthy Senators, and my friends, the Cedarbrookese people:

It is with great humility that I stand before you today, humbled by the trust placed on me by the Cedarbrookese people. I have sought to provide prudent guidance for this nation for the past five years, and you, the people have honored me with your trust for further guidance for the next five years. With the wise advice of the Cabinet, and the meritorious contributions of this Senate I hope to work with all Cedarbrookese in the continued progress of our great nation.

Anyone who has taken the oath I have just taken must feel a heavy weight of responsibility. If not, he has no conception of the powers and duties of the office upon which he is about to enter, or he is lacking in a proper sense of the obligation which the oath imposes.

The purpose of an inaugural address is to give a summary outline of the main policies of the administration, so far as they can be anticipated. It would be untrue to myself, to my promises, and to the declarations of the party platform upon which I was elected to office, if I did not make the maintenance and enforcement of those financial reforms established in the last five years a most important feature of my administration. They were directed to the revitalization of the banking system, with the objective of remedying the credit crunch which so recently plagued Cedarbrookese workers, consumers and businesses. These steps, the legislation passed, and agreements with the Central Bank have accomplished much, have caused a general halt in the vicious policies which created popular alarm, and have brought about in the business affected a much higher degree of stability.

To render these reforms lasting, however, and to secure at the same time freedom from alarm on the part of those pursuing proper and progressive business methods, further legislative and executive action are needed. Relief of the agricultural sector from certain restrictions of the export law have been urged by my many across the political spectrum and will be urged by me. On the other hand, the administration is pledged to the enforcement of legislation that has established proper roles and restrictions to prevent excessive issues of bonds and stock by companies owning and operating in the more risk prone sectors of the economy.

It is believed that with the changes to be recommended Cedarbrookese business can be assured of that measure of stability and certainty in respect to those things that may be done and those that are prohibited which is essential to the life and growth of all business. Such a plan must include the right of the people to avail themselves of those methods of combining capital and effort deemed necessary to reach the highest degree of economic efficiency, at the same time differentiating between combinations based upon legitimate economic reasons and those formed with the intent of promoting vaporware and artificially controlling prices.

The work of formulating into practical shape such changes is creative work of the highest order, and requires all the deliberation possible in the interval. I believe that the changes to be proposed are just as necessary in the protection of legitimate business as any policy implemented within the last 25 years.

Looking over the horizon, it will be a priority for West Cedarbrook to assess it's role in the Esquarian Community. The transition from Greenwich participation to the EC Common Market has gone smoothly. But, what are the benefits and drawbacks of progression to observer status in the Esquarian Community? I shall request this Senate to form a joint Committee of Investigation with officials from the Treasury, The Department of Internal Affairs, and the Central Bank in order that consideration may be at once given to all issues relating to the impact on Cedarbrookese workers, businesses, consumers, and government revenue of such observership. This should secure an adequate assessment of all economic issues as to afford to labor and to all industries in this country, whether of the farm, mine or factory or in the technology sector, so as to lay facts of this issue before the people of the Kramden. Only after a thorough discussion of the merits of moving toward observership can such a move be assessed in terms of our sovereignty and interaction with other nations.

The obligation on the part of those responsible for the expenditures made to carry on the Government, to be as economical as possible, and to make the burden of taxation as light as possible, is plain, and should be affirmed in every declaration of government policy. This is as true when we are blessed with a budgetary surplus, as we are this year as during periods of deficit. But when the desire to win the popular approval leads to the cutting off of expenditures really needed to make the Government effective and to enable it to accomplish its proper objects, the result is as much to be condemned as the waste of government funds in unnecessary expenditure. The scope of a modern government in what it can and ought to accomplish for its people has been widened far beyond the principles laid down by the old "laissez faire" school of political writers, and this widening has met popular approval.

In the Department of Agriculture the use of scientific experiments on a large scale and the spread of information derived from them for the improvement of general agriculture must go on. We will not trench back efforts in this area. As promised during the recent election campaign, the highest standards of academic achievement must be maintained at all levels of our public education system, and this administration will continue close supervision of all educational performance, both academic and financial, to insure that taxpayers and parents get the biggest bang for the Zug for their children. This is absolutely essential for the future of our nation. Transportation budgeting will also continue under close scrutiny, to prevent graft, waste and corruption at all levels.

There are expenditures of Government absolutely necessary if our country is to maintain its proper place among the nations of the world, and is to exercise its proper influence in defense of its own trade interests in the maintenance of traditional Cedarbrookese policy against the encroachment of Syndicalism in this hemisphere, and in the promotion of peace and international morality. I refer to the cost of maintaining a proper army, navy, and air force that are able to meet our treaty obligations under the Conitia Security Agreement and bilateral treaties. While maintaining defenses capable of supporting friends, whether on continent or across the Hyporian, West Cedarbrook will continue to extend the hand of friendship across the globe. We will continue to encourage the inclusion of all South Nautasian peoples in the development of that land, through constructive engagement. And we welcome regional integration across the ocean with South Nautasia and Polonia, both in the areas of security and development.

In the international controversies that are likely to arise in the Western Hemisphere growing out of the threat of terrorism and other issues the Kramden can offer encouragement to those in Nautasia and elsewhere seeking to move their people forward under the guidance of powers that have proven successful in both economic and political development. No system of state control has ever matched the accomplishments of those societies rooted in liberty and raised in the bright sunlight of free enterprise. It would be dishonest to pretend otherwise. Change in those societies must come from within, and this administration will continue it's policy of non-intervention in those areas outside the general interests of the Cedarbrookese people.

Having thus reviewed the questions likely to recur during my administration, and having expressed in a summary way the position which I expect to take in recommendations to the Senate and in my conduct as an President, I invoke the considerate sympathy and support of my fellow-citizens over the next five years. Let us move forward together, Libertarians and Social Democracy, Civic Alliance and Conservatives, the Orthodox, Reform and Conservative, Sikhs, Hindus and Christians in the brotherhood of man under the fatherhood of God, as we improve the lives of all Cedarbrookese, and fulfill the hope of a better tomorrow.

Thank you.
OOC:
Pro America, Pro Israel, Pro India (BJP)
Pro Bush!

Nautarya and Alouatan
Political Columnist

Founded: May 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nautarya and Alouatan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:50 am

Sahara Province, Alouatan
Friday, 15:35

The piercing heat of the Alouatic desert created an intense haze, which seemed to cover the two-lane asphalt highway in shimmering, mercurial patches. The narrow, black band ― officially Confederate Highway 50, which stretches from Ibb out east in coastal Nautarya to the Rifati border with Alouatan ― stood out sharply against the yellow dunes that stretched for hundreds of miles on either side of the road. Having been completed in more prosperous times in the hopes of expanding trade, the road has mostly stood empty as both countries slid into chaos.

On an ordinary day, one would expect little more than some caravans driven by the indigenous semi-nomadic Ouenougan people to slowly make their way down the road, along with the occasional Gendarmerie truck. But this was no ordinary day.

In the normally quiet wind-swept valleys surrounding the highway's western terminus, a growling sound became ever-louder, echoing off the dunes. Intrigued, the dozen confederate border guards posted at the crossing emerged from their barracks, firmly clutching their rifles, as they looked around for the source of the deep noise.

As they looked down the highway on the Alouatic side, they saw a pair of headlights approaching. That alone was unusual, as they would see little more than three vehicles a week at the peak of the trading season. However, the pair of headlines quickly double, then quadruple, then octupled, and so on. Within a few minutes, it became clear that a massive convoy of dozens of vehicles was rapidly approaching the border without any warning. Whether the occupants were friendly or hostile, they could do little more than to hope it was the former.

The small garrison, overwhelmed by the display, scrambled to meet the mysterious caravan. As the lieutenant retired into the barracks to make alarmed calls to his commanders, his men stood behind a flimsy wooden barricade in the road, their guns slung across their shoulders. As the vehicles approached, it became apparent that these were the white pickup trucks favoured by various government forces and hostile paramilitaries, leaving the identity and intentions of the convoy unclear. As they began to close on the checkpoint, the guards anxiously braced for a confrontation that they would almost certainly lose.

After a tense few minutes, the lead pickup was rapidly closing in on the station. The lead guard tried his best to treat the unprecedented arrivals the way they normally handled border crossers and put his open palm out to order it to halt. After a few seconds where it seemed like the trucks might disobey their order, they came to a halt. So far, so good.

The guard then emerged from behind the roadblock and walked towards the lead car, knowing that he was totally exposed in case they turned hostile. As he approached, he had difficulty discerning the appearance of the occupants because of a dark tint on the windows. As he walked up to the driver's window, it rolled down with a squeak. To his relief, the driver was no suicide bomber, or Caliphate fighter, or rebel paramilitary, but a bearded gentleman wearing the uniform of the Rifati Army.

"Peace be upon you," the suddenly relaxed guard said to the driver as his colleagues, seeing that the convoy was harmless, slowly emerged from behind their cover. "May I ask for your identification and purpose of travel?"

"And upon you as well," came the standard reply. "Greetings brother, I am Colonel Mansoor el-Halaby of the Alouatic People's Defence Forces. I request passage on the direct orders of President Kamil Mahomet."

Just as the guard was about to question the officer further about why he was wearing the uniform of the Rifatis, or why the Alouatic president was sending troops into another country, the lieutenant emerged from the barracks and shouted at him to let the convoy through by personal order of Confederate Vice-President Mohammed Abdel.

He and his colleagues meekly obliged and dismantled the roadblock, permitting the three dozen pickup trucks and off-road vehicles to continue their journey to Allah only knows where.
THE CONFEDERATION OF NAUTARYA AND ALOUATAN
"Une union sans égale" / "An unparalleled union"
Factbook

Sjealand
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Hedegaard, Jotunheim foothills

18th of March, 1301

Hedegaard was desolate, not a peasant nor another citizen in sight. The estate itself was a ruin, a far cry from the pomp it had once carried. The fields on front of them were a cold green, with traces of snow spread around the soil, slowly melting away as the sun rose. The foothills stood as solid walls, splitting the way in two, one leading to home, to Henrik's manor house and farms in Mørland, the other... to the Teutonic State. 60 years ago they had swept in from the east, carving a bloody swathe across their Archkingdom, burning and looting their Godrshal, in the name of the Jætte of a god. He look at his standard, the white swan stretching its beautiful wings on the emerald green field. He had never gotten to tell Erika how magnificent of a seamstress she was, before the Summer Sickness took her and their infant. For a second he allowed himself a distraction and turned his head to the center of their formation. There on the family's most prized warhorse, carrying the banner of the mighty Magnus I sat his son Erik. He had been overjoyed when Erik came home from the kongsgård with the news of his selection as Hirdman. Erik was outfitted in the finest armor their blacksmith could make, 100 Guldmark it cost, but it was worth it. There his son stood, the shining beacon of the De Vilmar house, his heir and pride. The three scarlet lions and red stag of the Royal Arms vigorously waving from the gonfalon.

His gaze shifted to his men, he had brought 10 Thanes, a good company of archers and 150 spearmen. When the Royal Herald had arrived with the news of leidang he had welcomed it, their family had been mighty, with a dozen farms down the Tynic Coast, now all they had was their estate in Mørland. His hand slowly went through his beard, it was grey, whitening in some places, but he yet knew how to swing a war-axe the same way a young lad would. He leaned forward in his saddle, shouting to his bowmen, ''Harald, how many caltrops do we have left''. The Captain looked back at him ''A few dozen Milord'' he responded followed by a quick nod. He studied the ground before them, soon it would turn to mud, ''Spread them out before the stakes Erik, put some space between the current ones and these though.'' The man nodded as he ordered the men to work. He looked to one of his Thanes ''You know Gerhard, one might thing they wont arri''

He was interrupted,as a horn tore through the valley. His eyes shot to the southern opening, a sea of white slowly flowing out in the valley. His spotter soon chimed in. ''The Archkings signal say, defensive positions, archers in front!'' with an powerful shout Henrik's men jumped from the ground or where they had been sitting. Yet the horns continued, as the white sea only grew. ''I think they want to play music with us'' he thought to himself as he looked to the Godes ''Let's play with them'' he said as the Godes slowly began hammering their drums, with a roar tearing through their ranks as the men were emboldened by the music. The sound of hooves alerted him to the herald storming towards him. ''The Archking demands your Thanes go with him now, send them behind the army to him and the Hird'', he nodded to the Herald as the man continued on. ''What are you waiting for lads!? Off to war you go!'' he shouted as the men set in gallop.

The Teutonics were getting into position faster than expected, at this rate their position could be overrun. His gaze wandered if for a second to their far left flank, a small contingent of a few hundred light horsemen were all guarding the monolith, a large single mountain splitting the road to the Teuton state and home. As he looked to the foreigners he could see their front rows, pure cavalry, this was bad. They had been warned of the large number of horsemen but there were at least a few thousand knights there. Yet the seemed to be dismounting, more than likely to pray. ''Signal flags says, infantry are to form shieldwalls, 12 men deep'' his spotter quickly shouted, with the men rushing to get into position. Even with the clanking of the armor, the bustling of the drums and the droning humming of the praying Teutons, Henrik could only hear silence. The silence that precedes chaos and battle, the silence that warns of death. Once more a horn sounded from the Teuton line, he took a deep breath and the white sea became a wave.

The shouting of six thousand men deafened all else as the christian knights set into the charge. He could not see their banners, he could not see their faces, but he could feel their presence in the shaking ground. Once more he inhaled, holding it before exhaling. ''Archers nock!'' he shouted, followed by a hundred men down the line, the wave coming ever nearer. The first horses stumbled in the mud, getting crushed by those behind them, a gruelling death and the first casualties, but no the last. ''Archers draw!'', the front line of the charge reached the caltrops, horses falling in pain as the sharp metal pierced their hooves, men dying by impalement as they landed on them, yet the wave paid no mind. ''Loose'', for a second the sky was darkened as thousands of arrows leapt through the sky, before tearing into the charging cavalry, killing hundreds, but to no avail. Once more he shouted ''Archers nock!'', as their own cavalry at the flanks and center set into charge. They werent meant to combat the knights, merely to slow them down. ''Archers draw!'' the first of their cavalry clashed with the Teutons in a flurry of metal. ''Loose'', once more hell rained down on the ever-nearing knights, and they continued. ''Tyr protect me'' Henrik said to himself as the archers swiftly retreated behind the infantry, he could now see the faces of the men. ''Hold the line!'', the white was everywhere, only a stonethrow away, and wave crashed.

Erik, son of Henrik

Behind him the white wave had finally hid shore as the heavy knights of the State of the Cross tore into their lines. He couldnt hear the fighting, but he could hear the screams, so many screams. The Archking was riding infront of him, his shining armor and mighty lance dominating his field of view. Behind them, the pride of the Sjealandian nobility and army was riding. All their hopes was betting on this. ''My Lord do you think they have seen us?'' he looked to Magnus. ''Don't you worry Erik, our infantry are obscuring us, just ride all you can'', the words calmed him, if not by a lot, at least a bit. To his right he could see the seven thousand heavy they were obscuring. If all went according to plan they could destroy the heavy hammer of the Teuton menace, but if not...

In a second Magnus changed direction, now heading for the main infantry of the Teutonic line. Erik saw their mirrored forces on the left flank, had they not been seen? They hadn't, soon the line of infantry struggled to get into place, and the rear of the Teutonic cavalry began charging back to the infantry to help. Only a few dozen feet more... ''Arrows!'' Erik his steel shield as high as he could, soon the impact was felt all throughout arm his arm as they fell on him, yet he was not hit. To his right, Hjalmar took an arrow in the face, collapsing down on his horse, which continued the charge. In front of him Børges horse took an arrow to the threat, falling unto the ground. He heard a thump as his own horse galloped over Børges body, crushing him to death. That was when the horn was sounded.

Their ruse had been a success, the enemy had thought their cavalry the main threat, and now as their heavy infantry, previously obscured by the horses charged out on both flanks, panic spread through the Teutonic line. The main line, which had been arching back formed the perfect bowl as the army performed the double envelopment. The deadly Teutonic cavalry was now caught in a murder zone they had no way of escaping. His smile could rival that of Heimdal himself as Magnus looked to him ''Sound the charge Erik, we take their infantry'', the men roared.

Henrik, son of Vilhelm

It was a magnificent sight, the teutonic cavalry had collapsed, the single greatest threat to their infantry, gone. The signal for the charge echoed throughout the army as the main body began its attack. In a frenzy he spurred his horse, Valhalla wouldnt claim him, but he would claim victory, for his family. The levies of the Teutonic line were already faltering, but the well-drilled elite remained, he was going to cut them down and bring his family honour. To his far right he could see the standard and his son, carving a bloody swathe through the Teutonic line, he was proud to have a son like that. Everything he had wanted from his son, his son was. He swung his axe at Teuton, joy in his heart as the line blew for victory. He did not see the pike as he neared it, nor as it tore through his throat, throwing him off the horse and breaking his ribs. He saw the sky as he lay there, his men franticly trying to get out the point. His grey and white beard slowly turning red. He could swear that the Valkyries were ascending to pick him up, to feast with his ancestors...

The battle of Hedegaard was the single greatest Sjealand victory in the Teutonic Wars, spurring on a series of victories that saw a reconquest of territory down to the Duchy of Hvidland, taking 1500 casualties and inflicting 6300, the battle wiped a majority of the Teutonic nobility, causing a crisis of power and serving to fracture the Teutonic states of modern day Swastria into small warring principalities as Sjealand restrengthened itself after almost a century of defeats to the migrating christian Swastrians.

The battle is marked each year on the 18th of March as bells across Sjealand and Hvidland are rung in the celebration of the victory, and forms the centerpiece of the Tragedy of King Magnus I, the magnum opus of Sjealandian skjald Hildeburd Villiam. Today the 18 Runestones across the Sydfjeldene mountains tally down each dead Swastrian nobleman as a warning to future invaders.

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:02 pm

To the noble and kind people of Mazaristan we are the Nautasian Freedom Defence Front, we are the Black Hand.

Today, brave soldiers of the Black Hand struck at the monument to Yusuf Nasr’s tyranny. Today, they struck the National Police Academy in Midaina, with it, eliminating 104 would be minions and six Luziycan officers, charged with training them in more sophisticated means of tyranny and oppression.

Our act today, though violent and perhaps merciless, was done with the aim of destroying Yusuf Nasr’s collaborationist puppet government. Everything we do, every act we take, every target we attack and destroy is done with that aim in mind. With you in mind. We do not seek war for war’s sake, we seek war for it is the only way to defeat the imperialist cabal’s exploitation of this continent. It is the only way to return to you, the dignity and freedom to express your faith as Muslims.

Without faith, without Islam for the majority, there is no freedom. Nasr, his gang and his puppet masters seek to rip from you, the right to abide by the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH) and to deny you the freedom to live by those teachings. Nasr, his family and gang of thieves are godless, they worship themselves, money and power. They are worshipers of the self and for that, there is only eternal damnation and suffering.

They steal from you, the fruits of your labours, they gift it to themselves, their families and their masters across the seas. From you comes the funds to enslave you. Through your enslavement to decadence, corruption, selfishness and subservience comes godlessness. Through that comes weakness before the imperialist cabal, that seeks to violate our continent, our traditions, our Islamic faith, our cultures and our identities. Our continent is raped daily by these malignant powers and never can you trust, their puppets to resist. It is us, and you, who must resist.

Islamic Collectivism demands revolutionary resistance against the violation, the enslavement and exploitation. It demands utter unity in recognition of the Nautasian civilisation that each one of us are part. We alone, the people of Nautasia have the strength and will to expel the Cabal and their puppets.

It was the decadence, godlessness, self-worship and backwardness of kings past that led to this continent’s colonisation and subversion before the Cabal. We were weak and blind, now we grow strong and now we see. Through the light of Islamic Collectivism comes the consciousness of our continent’s state. Through collectivism, we become one cohesive unit, one entity, one unbreakable, indivisible entity, that finds no equal. Through Islamic Collectivism, we throw away the selfishness of individualism, for the greater good of all, for the greater good of the State. Through Islamic Collectivism we cast aside the vicious Imperialist perpetuated sectarianism and ethnic hatreds that divide us.

If Nautasia is to be free, if Nautasia’s rape and enslavement is to be ended, we must all see the light, hear the word and feel the strength of Islamic Collectivism. Islamic Collectivism’s aim of a united Nautasia, is a journey, and we are all companions in that journey, towards liberation, salvation and unification. For our journey to be a success, we must overcome the foes, the obstacles and pitfalls before us.
The Great Journey is one paved with blood, it is a path that cannot be escaped. But be comforted in that the blood that paves the way to victory is the blood of tyrants, decadents, subversives, heretics, apostates and imperialists. The Great Journey demands sacrifice and sacrifice must be given in exchange for victory. If we are to become one entity through Collectivism, united in our expression of our Islamic faith, united in our Nautasian consciousness, we must give sacrifice.

Today’s revolutionary act was just that, offering the Great Journey the sacrifice needed to drive the peoples of Nautasia forward. Every soldier, police officer or servant of Nasr who is martyred along the Great Journey, though regrettable, is necessary. We regret the necessity to confront and eliminate fellow Nautasians in service to the enemy, but we do not shy away from our responsibilities and duties to the Great Journey.

If Mazaristan is to be free from exploitation and enslavement, then you must stand with us. Join with us as one entity, collective, strong and unbreakable. Join us along the Great Journey toward a free, prosperous and moral Nautasia. If you wish, to be the recipients of the fruits of your labours, an irreplaceable and worthy piece of the great machine of State, join with us. Aid us in bringing down Nasr and his gang of thieves, aid us in expelling the takfiri terrorist, the religious extremist and the imperialist cabal. Aid us in your liberation, aid us in tearing down the criminal network that governs our country, aid us in building a strong state, a united state, an Islamic state in its place.
The struggle of the Great Journey is built upon the conflict between the Nautasian and non-Nautasian, the righteous and the evil, the aware and the blind, the revolutionary and the reactionary, the resistant and the cowardly. Be sure, people of Mazaristan to stand on the right side. Be sure to be righteous, to be aware of your consciousness, be revolutionary and be a proud Nautasian.

Steal back from Nasr the fruits of your labours, steal back your dignity in Islamic observance, steal back Mazaristan, steal back the nation’s destiny. Steal back this continent from the cold evil grip of the Aininian and Luziycan.

Know that the weak, the tyrant, the self-worshipper, the traitor, the collaborator, the blind and the reactionary will seek to oppress you, know that they will attempt to destroy you, know that they will hasten this nation’s annexation by Ainin for self-preservation. But know this, we will resist. We will be there to defend you, there to aid you and protect you. Know that we do this because there is something greater than this to be obtained. There is one Nautasia to be obtained, there is one Nautasian people to obtained, there is freedom to be earned.

Aid us, fight with us, resist with us and together, as one Islamic Collectivist entity we will end the exploitation and rape of our nations and continent, in a righteous fight against evil. Stand with us, stand with Allah, stand with Christ, stand with the One, stand with your fellow Nautasian.

Be strong and resist.

Nautasia Prevails.
Last edited by Union of Akoren on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:41 am

Jalawla International Airport
Mazaristan

The jumbo jet landed with a bump on the asphalt strip that formed the heart of the secure airport compound on the city's outskirts. While to most people, the sight of one of the world's largest airlifters would have been awe-inspiring, to the ground crew it was one of almost thirty identical daily flights making their way between Iberville and Jalawla, continuing the deployment of Aininian forces in the troubled country. Unbeknownst to the ground crew, this specific aircraft had caused great confusion in the coalition command centre, as it lacked a cargo manifest. All attempts to secure one, even by Lieutenant-General Saint-Germain himself, were rebuffed by Air Force officials back in Huimont as lacking appropriate security clearance.

To the ground controllers though, it was just a regular supply flight, likely carrying tanks or other heavy equipment that could not be transported in the smaller AC-42s or GC-7s. Soldiers, who quickly met the plane after it had come to a halt, prepared to enter the cargo hold with forklifts, hand trucks and pallet jacks. It was only when the rear cargo doors opened with a loud whirr that eyes began to turn.

They did not go in to unload the contents and bring them to the reassembly hall. They did not even move. They simply stood there, awed and confused.

Inside the jumbo jet were twenty brand-new Swastrian sports cars of every colour, each with a dark-suited driver onboard and ready to drive off the ramp. As the ground commander, a reservist of slim build named Lieutenant Fabrice, began to walk towards the hold to investigate this bizarre sight, he was confronted by a highly-decorated officer in full dress uniform, his numerous medals tingling as he travelled down the ramp.

Not knowing what to do, the lowly lieutenant deferred to protocol and thrust his hand up to his eyebrow to salute. "Sir!"

The officer reciprocated, before identifying himself. "General Chrétien Alphonse, Gendarmerie, first assistant director of the Execution Bureau. We will be handling the unloading of this aircraft."

Unable to resist the orders of the general, who was by most measures the highest-ranked officer of any coalition army on Mazari soil, he meekly nodded and retreated with his men back to their barracks.

Five minutes later, the small convoy of supercars had rolled off the plane, with the general seated in the ruby red lead car. Driving past rows of counter-battery radars, anti-air batteries and active protection systems, leaving their operators ogling at their wheels, they quickly left the compound and merged onto a highway into the city, their destination unknown to all but a few men in Huimont.

Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael
Secretary

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:14 pm

The Shredding of the Past

Stoyan sat there, immobile on his wheelchair staring at the sea as the waves crushed to the rocks given its shape with the passage of time. Time had not been gentle to the old admiral on the other hand, his life was waning slowly but steadily death will come after him. He couldn't sit idle like the rocks outside only for time to claim and do nothing.

The spartan room he currently worked in had very little furnishings for a room of it's size and importance. It only had an office with two comfortable chairs on the opposite direction of his workplace(while his side instinctively lacked a chair). Admiral Stoyan Lehironovich, he was Chief of Staff of the Navy Command; in blunt terms he was the overall commander of the navy, a post he assumed just less than a year ago and his term will be over soon, too soon in fact thought the Admiral as he satisfied by the sea air while sipping his bourbon.

The door parted into the Admiral's office with a slight hiss, out of reflex he pushed his wheelchair quickly near the office and was ready to take the firearm under. The man who entered revealed to be army Captain Abraham Geonov followed by Colonel Ivan Karpunet of the Army Air Wing. These men were no strangers to the Admiral, of course you could hardly call them friends, co-conspirators is the most appropriate term for us group. “Ah gentlemen” said the Admiral with the strongest voice he could muscle, "Please do come and sit" and showed the men out of courtesy their seats.

There was a moment of silence between the three men until the guards closed the doors shut and locked with a small beep from the outside. This was a private meeting for a reclusive group. Before the Admiral could speak the Captain interrupted "If I may gentlemen, let me get straight to the point that our out-of-the-blue meeting not only will attract unwanted attention. Like past events " he gave an emphasis to the last part and all knew what he meant by that. He was referring to the failed counter-coup of 1962 that happened only about 7 years ago.

“Regardless Captain, I wouldn't have called you if it wasn't urgent” said bluntly the old Admiral, “ and in fact remind me, it is no small feat that we have gathered…” the Captain groaned a bit, part of him couldn't blame him due to the distinct feeling they might get betrayed, possibly even by him and rebuking years of effort as the controversy of a behind closed doors had rage him. Stoyan straightened his uniform. Throughout his career he was considered a mastermind in naval warfare and had steered important operations during the difficult years in the past 3 decades, rose up through the ranks from a lowly sailor essentially becoming a force of his own, virtually untouchable and well respected by his peers and subordinates yet he was humbled being questioned for the end he was just a man like everyone else. The old man adjusted on his wheelchair, he made a thought about this meeting but the conclusion was one: he made many mistakes in his life but this won’t be the case. “We all know that Shavuot has started and now is the opportunity to strike against the very Regime has been ruling for the past 3 decades. For as long as I can remember, we have lived under a tyrannical regime and sacrificed so much for nothing ever since I was a kid. I have a grandson gentlemen, he will never have the chance to read the works of Benditas Klimantis about democracy, calling us through the centuries that a world without freedom is a one covered in darkness”.

Colonel Karpunet broke his silence after listening for some time the two men “It’s true though, for all lives we believe we do our duty while our very leaders lie to our faces and so many brave men and women died in inexcusable wars. Valeșescu’s son living in a vehemently extravagant lifestyle while wasting state funds on casinos, one fiasco after the other while we are bickering who should get promotion by a complex system of favoritism.” his eyes wide with incredulity about the man. “And what’s more, we cannot put a leash to the man any longer…” he was referring to Supreme Leader Benjamin Ivanovich, the last survivor of the original Tetrarchy that rules the nation since the 1932 coup and 8th and of course the last Supreme Leader up-to-date.

The Tetrarchy had overthrown the democratically elected government in 1938 as the entire world was slowly consumed by authoritarian regimes, bloody civil wars butchering peoples and on other hand others try to resist the “new world order” as they like to call it. But a dog, nay, a feral dog could be never controlled, especially him. The Admiral knew the man, unlike him; he joined the navy as a mere sailor until he was enrolled into the academy by his skill while Valeșescu by connections. The dislike between them begun since then, the emotion was mutual on both ends but the old Admiral knew it was always wise to keep to himself.

“Gentlemen,” Stoyan cleared his throat. “I may announce our small meeting is adjourned, make the necessary preparations for the evening’s ‘surprise’ party. That would be all” and as soon as the men could, rose from the chairs and proceeded to the door….

A nasty surprise would await the Supreme Leader, not even his personal security forces would save him….

The jeep crawled along the cobblestone streets, jostling the passengers inside. The driver didn't seem to mind. Rafael stared out the window at the old buildings as they went past. Grey, brown, black, red—the architecture was lovely and old. The people of Novigrad went about their lives as usual: working, shopping, eating, playing. But there was one difference he could discern. In those faces he watched, Captain Rafeal Bohorov noticed the grayness, the sadness. They all wonder, is it worth it being isolated from the rest of the world? We always live in constant fear that our way of life might be challenged by our outsiders, from both within and outside the country but people can digest such a reality for so long. Recently, prices of basic commodities such as milk and meat have skyrocketed since they are in short supply creating discontent amongst the populuce. The whole country is going through not only a socioeconomic crisis, but a crisis of national identity as well. The once proud people are searching for answers yet they still try to hold their heads high and carry on. Any can admire them for that. But this is what happens when you have as leader a madman - and having to care for the problems of the Supreme Leader’s family troubles as well. Politics are like that as well, you cannot change overnight the relationship between Southwest Nautasia and the rest of the world.

The jeep stopped suddenly, snapping the Captain out of his thoughts, he saw his two aides were asleep, piled against each other. He woken Zacharya & Yackunovic all the while the driver pointed out from the window a nearby café where they could make a small break before they move on. While his aides were trying to get themselves awake, the driver wanted to check the front left wheel while Rafael would  in the shade of the café's patio, sipping an iced tea while finishing his delicious sandwich. The busy little establishment was in an equally busy square of the city, surrounded by quaint little shops and homes. It was a nice mix of modernity and the gentle past. The late afternoon sun cast a lovely orange glow over everything. Rafael had accomplished a lot today by pushing into other parts of the city and spreading word of their goodwill mission towards potential conspirators. They were making many more contacts with ‘locals’ who wanted to help and expanding their network. Their little bungalow had become a meeting center each morning for the last two years, with everyone attending reviewing the previous day's work and its successes and planning that day's activities. 2 years of careful work, they cannot repeat the mistakes of the failed attempt back at ‘62.
As he was relaxing, a black van without plates pulled up alongside the café. The drivers in stayed put, idling the engines hot while armed soldiers got out, led by a tall bearded man smoking a cigarette and wearing large dark sunglasses. A Captain and a member of the Men in Grey; the nickname of the personal working for the Sercuritate. They strolled into the cafe and looked around intently, as if searching for someone. The noise of the café died down considerably, it’s like, happiness never existed. As he watched, the captain and his soldiers converged on a busboy near the back who looked at them nervously as they approached. The captain pointed at him and said in a loud voice, “You come with us.” The busboy was visibly shaken and in an instant, he threw his plastic tub of dishes at the men and ran into the kitchen. They chased after him and the sound of yelling and breaking plates erupted from the kitchen. The cafe was dead silent. After a few moments, two of the soldiers burst through the double doors dragging the busboy, who had a nasty bruise on his forehead and blood dripping from his nose. The rest of the soldiers and their commander followed. Rafael watched as they threw the busboy into the black van but not before putting a black hood atop his head and sped off. No one had said a word or had done anything for his defense. Another body bag either for an unmarked mass grave or a new member for the work camp. Thought with disgust the young Captain.

Despite Rafeal was a master of subterfuge; he was a highly decorated frogman from the 10th Assault Flotilla, but he couldn’t save the young man even if he wanted too. The man tried to scream as much as he could, but as the van roared it’s engine and left. He might not be seen for some time, but not for long. The mission goes first, soon my brother.

The men took their coffees and left a lot quicker than the originally intended for the meeting spot. The driver, who was a mere conscript and still shocked of what he just saw took off from the scene as quickly as possible.

Ιt wasn’t long until they arrived at their destination, the military camp housing the 1st Guards Brigade ‘Lord Moncke’s Fusiliers Guards’ as their full title and being the oldest unit in this part of Nautasia. Novigrad hosted few army units and the biggest was the first Guards Brigade, the largest presence is dominated by the navy, although the previous coup attempt that started with a mutiny on the naval base inside the city ended in all-out disaster as the large amount of ship presence attracted the attention of the Securitate which led to their quick downfall.

This time had to be different, for Southwest Nautasia was in desperate need of change as a large amount of it’s own people still barred for having the same rights and privileges unlike the predominantly Jewish minority.

After the guards checked them at the gate for the necessary identification, they pin-pointed to the meeting spot of the conspiracists. They wanted to discuss their predicament. They were meeting in an barrack room originally intended for a company that got ‘discharged’, of course that was the official story. The location is good- no snooping agents of the Securitate; only one entrance in or out; just one small window too cramped to crawl through. Surveillance had been set up while two armed conscripts loyal to the conspirators guarding the door. They made as sure as we can be that not a word of this discussion will be heard in the entire capital. The room was filled with officers, since it was the celebration of Shavuot; it was unofficially customary for officers-on-duty to dine together but this wasn’t definitely an ordinary meeting for a big map of Novigrad was atop of a table with Third Lieutenant Višeslav Brnardic covered the long wooden table while three candles had spread to an individual corner. Many men were either around the table or spread to the room making a smoke while listening to the plans were made. These were the very ringleaders of the impending revolution. Milk was served as customary for the celebration to ease the hearts and minds of them men.

“Gentlemen…” the Lieutenant cleared his throat for his wasn’t getting the necessary attention by his peers(and superiors) ”Gentlemen, may I have your attention please?”. All officers turned around towards his direction. Finally they will listen. “As you know, today is the celebration of the Shavuot. So today most of the loyalists are unto to celebrate due they are at ease since they do not fear another coup since the last attempt ending abruptly years back. Our top priority is the Supreme Leader’s palace, the 1st Guards Brigade will spearhead that operation..” he showed with both his hands at a pinpointed red start showing the location, “... naval commandos would seize the frigate Rahav & the corvette Sonya, they will be reinforced later by sailors whom will take control of the ships and ready to be used against regime force and if any sailors aboard join us, that is even better. The 9th Infantry Brigade will take over the Telegraph & Postal Service while at the same time surround the Police Academy on selective choke points to contain any counter-attack from the police cadets. As for the 2nd Mountain Raiders with support from elements of the 13th Air Cavalry Brigade will move in and try to takeover the Ministry of National Defense although expect heavy resistance as the Ministry of the Interior is housed inside the same building which means the place would be swarmed by the Securitate and alongside with the MNO Brigade. After the ships are taken, the naval commandos will be airlifted towards the palace while sailors will go for the prisons and release the people behind the previous attempted revolution so they can help us….” the young lieutenant covered all necessary details of this entire operation.
From a bit afar, the old admiral listened as he always had. As the man ended, he simply added “I think this plan covers it all, let us begin.”.

The city at this time of night was a completely different animal, not only just from the daytime but from any city Michael had ever been to. There were barely any lights on in any homes or other buildings. Here and there, a dog barking or the distant wail of a police siren. No cars passed and he saw no one, not even a jogger or people walking home from a bar or going a bit late at the synagogue for the celebrations. There was a cool breeze blowing, whispering through the trees. Lucky for them, these streets were well lit. And the skies were clear, the moon not quite full. The soldiers watched the stars twinkled, their positions in the sky the only familiar thing to her right now. Michael felt some measure of comfort from that. Nothing couldn't help but notice the amount of military types in the area, some going in and out of buildings. Nearby were parked some jeeps with armed soldiers in them, and further down a street there was a tank. Somewhere in the far distance was the sound of gunfire, and an orange glow suddenly bloomed with a low rumble. It had begun, soon things would get hot, really hot.

Another military convoy passed through their blockade, their destination was definitely the Ministry of National Defense as heavy resistance was expected to be meet. A GIAT-65 tank followed by a large amount of Luzyican-copied APCs heading towards where the gunfire were heard.

Michael now understood why there was a heavy military presence in this part of the city, some important-looking generals were arrested and escorted towards some military jeeps which quickly roared their engines and left with prisoners towards the port.

A yellow flare the signal of the successful capture of some ships at the harbour. Flying low above them, military helicopters on tight formation broke up on two separate formations going towards the MoND and the Supreme Leader’s residence. Then Army jets flown over, their engines sound piercing through their ears as it flew pretty close before dropping some bombs on some street many blocks away.

Opening the radio, he heard “The national armed forces have decided to intervene in order to solve the sole problem of our country, we inform you that the former and traitorous Supreme Leader…” the radio waves were now under the control of the coup plotters.

Another squad of jets hovered around the MoND and dropped a few more bombs. But soon the government loyalist forces will surrender by the overwhelming opposition. The situation had looked bleak at first but now hope has arisen.
Last edited by Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates