NATION

PASSWORD

Atlas News Page

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qubec
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:31 am

National Stand Your Ground Law Passed

Today the National Assembly voted on a National Stand Your Ground law know as The Self Protection Act. This new law states that an individual has no duty to retreat from any place they have lawful right to be and may use any level of force, including lethal, if they reasonably believe they face an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death. This type of law has never even been proposed before in any state or national level. President André Boisclair said that he stands by the law and is glad that it has passed and signed it into law just a few hours ago. "This allows all citizens no matter what state they live in to protect themselves, their family, and their property" was the official statement of the National Assembly. This law however does not come without some opposition. Many critics have called it a "shoot first think later" law.

The High Lords
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:06 am

Calingus, Lovarium Dominion - The Atlas Negotiations Conference has begun in Calingus, Lovarium Dominion today. Delegations from other nations ought to be arriving today, with an open invitation to all governments in the world. Also happening today, the 2,500th anniversary of the Lovarium Empire's founding, which is being celebrated with military displays, cultural parades, and speeches all over the city. It just so happens that all this military presence coincides with the conference, lending extra security to the event.

It is hoped, during this conference, that the current conflicts raging around Atlas will be discussed, and possibly solved. Skeptics say that the Lovarium Dominion and the Dozher Empire will not be able to accomplish such a daunting task, but the Consul Felix Cornelius remains optimistic on the event.

Click for Main Article
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
Being politically correct is so 2010
#Bernie

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:22 am

Roski threatens Nuclear Escalation after 13 million more killed in ICBM strikes
Roskian international News Corporation

Aerial View of Matunska after a reported 15 ICBMs collided with the city

Death rates mount even higher as 1,400 additional ICBMs strke Roski. However, despite the seeming pattern of striking Military bases throughout Roski - Its renowned Naval bases still stand, and the government is reporting very few additional military casualties. This begs two questions: Is the Government under-reporting the Military Casualties, or has the Roskian Military disappeared?

The Roskian government, however, has demanded that ICBM strikes cease, or it could be responded with by Nuclear Weapons. Many hope that Adampia will stop, fearing that if Roski retaliates with nuclear weapons, that everyone on Cetlaso could die. Roski is infamous world-wide for an extensive amount of Nuclear Warheads, numbering over 30,000, with around 12 thousand additional Chemical and Biological weapons, putting Roski at over 40,000 Weapons of Mass Destruction.

2012 ICBM Test of HT-098 Tenusky V ICBM
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Estenian 1st Overseas Fleet disembarks to help Dozher

Estenian 1st Overseas Fleet on the Estenian sea 55 kilometres off Estenian Coast.

Today, after the withdrawal of the forces from Qubec and not fighting in Cydonia, the government has decided to join the Sempit Front war and help the Dozher empire get the full control over the Lovarium Dominion, after the several threats as well as sending a navy to the Qubec war. Now the fleet has a lot of ships having a whole division of 20.000 veterans of the Qubec war. Admiral of the navy is Prince Filipp of Rannin, also Prince of Wraland and he will test his skills as admiral of the navy.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Confederacy of Bavarian States
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederacy of Bavarian States » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Nuclear War Near?

Bavarian Premier Kastor Chemnitz as he hears news of what has happened in Roski
The nation of Roski is threatening the nation of Adampia with nuclear strikes as ICBMs hit the country. Bavaria has long opposed nuclear warfare seeing it as a crime against humanity. The Bavarian people are on edge as if nuclear war breaks out, there is no telling what may happen to the world. The situation started with millions being killed by Adampian ballistic missiles. Bavaria stands neutral on the issue believing that it is a crime against humanity for striking the Roskian people with long range missiles without warning where as the Bavarian state had warned the Cydonians of their coming attack resulting in less civilian casualties for the people there. The new Bavarian Premier Kastor Chemnitz calls for both sides to halt their actions and agree to a peace to end the conflict and stop the death in the cities of Roski and possibly the cities of Adampia. The situation since the war started has grown out of control and many civilians have fallen on both sides. "As Bavaria has yet to been attacked on its soil, the people do not understand the consequences of the actions many have taken. The war will only grow worse if the people themselves do not stop their Tyrant's actions," the Bavarian Premier spoke at a news conference.

The Bavarian Premier and his generals arrive at the Bavarian Military Headquarters in Augsburg

© Bayern Nationale Zeiten, 2015. All rights reserved.

® Comments [2,919] | ✉ E-mail this article | @ Share this article

More Entries from Bayern Nationale Zeiten
→ Who is right in war? [Opinion]
→ Cydonia-Chazicarian Front hits a halt as both sides contest for ground
→ Bavarian returning troops given month leave to recuperate
→ Mayor sentenced to ten months in prison
→ Carsodonian Warcrimes: Truth or Myth?

Uradite na Ulzmera?
Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeOVsI5SAhg
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=10537434
The day I sniped the WA: https://i.gyazo.com/b91eab0181bf2408cdbfd0efac69e2e6.png
"Now I just imagined an American in WWII running into a house holding a pineapple by the leaves and whacking Germans with it" - Confederacy of Bavarian States
I can be a bit of a sociopath, I haven't been tested (Nor can I afford it) so I can't tell whether I'm messed up in the head or have a terrible personality so forgive me for anything that might seem blunt

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:46 pm

President Calls on Roski Government

Meeting of The Royal National Assembly

Today in a meeting of the Royal National Assembly President André Boisclair called on Mikihal Vorthy to raise the limit on the Qubec Defense Forces. Boisclair said, "The current amount of troops is not even close enough to an amount that is capable of defending Qubec. With the rising tensions in Atlas the need for a larger defense has never been more direr." this comes after Roski has threatened nations with nuclear war after nations bombard Roski with ICBMs killing hundreds of thousands. In the mean time the Department of Civil Defense has ordered one nationwide duck and cover dill once a week. The Air Defense System has also been put into war mode and is on high alert. The Department of Military Affairs has also announced that the military is ready to respond to any nuclear attacks on Qubec.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Tower of Dreams in Trinusky collapses, killing 5,000
Roskian International News Corporation

5000 killed after Tower of Dreams in Trinusky suddenly collapses

The Tower of Dreams in Trinusky collapsed at 6:15 Russo Standard Time. Just under 5,000 civilians were killed in the collapsing. The Tower of Dreams belong to a major international trade sector in Roski, dubbed the "Tower of Dreams" after 65,000 gained jobs in 1918 building the tower.

Building officials cite the Adampian ICBM attack as the source, stating that the attack bent some underground structural support. The structural support then snapped, causing the building to collapse and tip in the northwest Direction. The majority of the deaths from the collapse is from those who were crushed under the building when it fell.

Its not a complete catastrophe, however, as Roskian Soldiers were able to recover 200 live bodies.

Demonstations, however, have increased.

Due to the collapse, a few Adampian-born Roskian citizens were dragged to the collapsed ruins by Nationalists and burnt alive, recording the act and placing it on various Social media sights.

The Roskian Government is demanding that all civilians remain calm, however, as the Roskian Military is having increasing difficulty getting Stasnovan troops to safety, from the combining missile strikes, and angry Roskian nationalists attacking the convoy holding the Stasnovan troops.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Lzherusskia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lzherusskia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Home - Arts and Culture - Music

Ektomi Announces Intention To Tour Atlas
The 'Get The Ek Out' Tour will be sponsored by Saltbridge record label iStudio

Ektomi, the nationally-renowned EDM DJ, has announced that his long-awaited 'Get The Ek Out' tour will be on a far greater scale than most fans first anticipated.

Having recently signed with the international record label iStudio, Ektomi posted a short video on his website yesterday afternoon in which, with the aid of a voice-altering vocoder, the masked DJ explained that he wanted to prove to the world that there were things in this life far bigger than "boys squabbling over which bit of field is theirs" and that he would be "bringing the Pain" to some of the biggest cities in all of Atlas, starting in just one month's time.

On the tour itinerary after it leaves Lzherusskia are many of our neighbours, in a series of unsurprising choices, but Ektomi will get the chance to prove whether his boasts live up to the hype he's created for them as he will visit many of the nations who have been belligerents in the Curente War, most notably playing to Murin, the capital city of Estenia, on April 19th. In his video, Ektomi acknowledged the potential danger of travelling to a nation that seems more and more keen to provoke war with Lzherusskia with every day that passes (see today's Editorial for more), but simply said "I never said I was a smart boy or girl".

The reaction from fans was incredible, with multiple ticket-purchasing sites crashing due to the extreme demand and the first of his double-header shows in Smyslova, Alekhine and Vilnera all selling out within the hour. A hardcore few even purchased the specially-offered package that would allow them to attend every show on the tour; one, Natasha Simonova, 24, said "This is just...it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and it's a chance to be part of something a lot bigger than just a concert. We're going to show everybody that music is life and I can't wait!"

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:58 pm

THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Luepolan Nuclear Submarine Captain publically beaten and executed

Execution by Firing squad after a public beating

A Luepolan Nuclear Submarine captain was thrown infront of a crowd in Russo today, where this crowd then proceeded to commit various violent actions. Reports say that the Captain was stripped and beaten savagely by the crowd, anger from the Adampian and Carsodonian nations reaching breaking points, this man the victim of Roskian anger.

After twenty minutes, the man was dragged out of the crowd by Roskian soldiers. They placed him on the side of a bridge, his back to the water. They gave ten members of the crowd light machine guns with 100 rounds of ammunition, and they were then ordered to open fire. 459 of the 1,000 rounds hit the man, who was then lit on fire, before being thrown into the river. After words, they threw burning Carsodonian, Adampian, and Luepolan flags into the river behind him, showing the anger built up by the Roskian people

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Qubec denounces Roski

Today the Royal Government publicly denounced Roski and its government after a POW was murdered. "This just goes to show that Mikihal Vorthy and the entire Roski government is just one big piece of - CENSORED -." said a senator. President André Boisclair released a statement but it was deemed to be to full of profanities to publish. The Ministry of Affairs has stated that they demand a full investigation into the treatment of all prisoners currently in Roski.

United Eastedge
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Eastedge » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:39 pm

UEE Network
Through manifestations, Eastedgean people demands improvement

Kouedor, United Eastedge -- Last few days, the Eastedgean capital has being filled of manifestations in many streets of the city. The reason of said manifestatios is mainly the recent disagreements the Eastedgean people has had because of different events, such as the increase of taxation and costs, since the national currency has been devaluated a few days ago. Citizens have been demanding the government an improvement in all senses, just like the current president, Gabriel Cohen promised during the electioneering. Nonetheless, during Cohen's term, the nation has been plugged in a crisis, which currently, has no end. Fortunately, none of those manifestations have been violent, but tension is very present in each one of them. Earlier today, President Gabriel Cohen offered an apology to all the Eastedgean people due to the hard days the nation has been plugged in. He also proposed a announced that the Eastedgean government will continue working hard to move the nation forward, in order to stand out among other Atlassian nations. Finally, he finished with his message stating that the taxation is something that cannot be decreased at the moment, since that percentage of the income is being used to increase the number of business and road improvements.

"We are not happy at all with Cohen's term and after all, the Eastedgean people has the right to distrust of him... He is literally sinking us, and that is totally unacceptable." - Yeaes Ca'sser, resident of Kouedor.

"I think we need to give Cohen a bit more of time... Nonetheless, his term has been the worst this nation has ever had. It is the first time I need to work around 11 hours a day to have a worthy meal." - Detaeir Mipe, resident of Kouedor.

"Two years being in the same hole, yeah in the same hole. As always, we have to work all day long to live uncomfortably. I have planned to move to a neighbor country, but documents are pretty much a problem." - Gemsaeir Da'daetkoiip, resident of Kouedor.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Proceedings to Annex Qubec are under way - says Roskian officials

Roskian Official leaves for Qubec

Its official - Qubecois Citizens wish to be annexed by the Roskian nation. It also appears that Roskian Officials are willing to give the people what they want.

Qubecois Citizens were given two referendums: Would you like to be annexed by the Nation of Roski? The majority voted in favour of the annexation, surprising Roskian officials and civilians alike. The Roskians then requested a second referendum, "If Roski were to annex Qubec, what would you chose?".
Option A: Full Incorporation
Option B: Semi-autonomousy with planned future incorpration
Option C: Semi-autonomousy with required referendums before full incorporation.

Not as surpisingly, the Qubecois voted for Option B, which, as one Roskian official states, isn't as much of a shock - Qubec would like to be defended by a foriegn power without a full commitment, making it easy to leave, but also making it easy to fully incorporate if needed.

Roskian Officials say that they welcome the people of Qubec, and that they wish nothing but good will to the Qubecois people.

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:58 am

Men of Cydonian, Carsodonian Origin executed for Espionage
First practise of the Death Penalty in Sasutaria in 63 years

The Royal Queen's Constables on guard that day

Johnson Kensington (
@kensingtonSA)
3 Feb 2015| New Sasutaria, North Island

Today, on the Third of February, 2 Sasutarian Citizens of Cydonian and Carsodonian origin, 26 years and 28 Years of age, were brought forth before a firing squad. The two were convicted of Treason for going against the nation, espionage for helping to gather intelligence for some sort of 'attack on Sasutaria', as the Chief Constable put it and incitement of Rebellion as they put up posters and handed out leaflets, mostly in the largely-immigrant population areas which call for a 'Communist People's Republic of Sasutaria' and the death of the Royal Family, along with a Breach of Trust, Theft and Tampering of Government property. The pair were caught by the Royal Queen's Constables (RQS) on duty last week as they snook out of the Royal Palace, their place of employment, with documents pertaining to the finances of the nation and its military.

The PM, Right Hon. Jonathan Smarts, has put forth a warning to all those who dare to spy upon the nation and call for them to come forward to confess and receive amnesty from the Government and Queen. As this happens, the Cydonien Korps have made steady progress in beating back the Cydonian's, and latest government reports show more than 500,000 soldiers and volunteers fighting under the Royal Standard.
More From Associated Shite
Das Schiße! (jajajaja) [ 10829 views ]
Cydonien Korps seen as 'Heroes of Sasutaria' [ 45761 views ]
Concerts & Culture [ 218911 views ]
Image Comments [ 236 Comments ] | Image E-mail

In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!
Also a Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.
GODDAMN IT RP CORRECTLY OR ELSE

Democratic Union of Cydonia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Union of Cydonia » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Peace Talks Begin in Lovarium as the War continues

4/2/2014, Belgrade, Democratic Union of Cydonia
As the Curente and Sempit Wars head into their first month, Peace talks have begun in the capital of Lovarium. The Foreign Minister of Cydonia has traveled to Lovarium to attend the conference. The Defense Minister has stated that despite the peace conferences, Cydonia would continue it's efforts to secure it's borders from the multitudes of sudden aggressors against the nation. He has said that the aggressors of Sastuaria and Bratislav have no legitimate reason for their actions of invasion and provocation.

"We will stop at nothing to ensure our borders and our people are safe and secure from foreign aggressors both near and abroad. We will not let what happened 79 years ago happen again.", the Defense Minister said in a press conference. "Other actions from certain governments like the deployment of missiles and use of them against other nations does not help the process of de-escalating the conflicts. Any threat of such weapons being used against the Nation of Cydonia or it's allies will be responded to with equal or greater force than that done."

The bravery and dedication shown by the troops that were able to drive back invaders from the southern regions has proven that any invader who decides to invade Cydonia will not get far nor have an easy time getting through. Celebrations by citizens over the first victory in the city of Duboko have shown that citizens morale is still high and will continue to grow as all invaders of the Cydonian lands will be repelled just as they have been in the past. Those who have fought in the Southern campaign to liberate Duboko and the surrounding region would be awarded campaign medals for their participation and those who have shown valor would be award corresponding medals for their acts.

Citizens in the city and near the northeastern city of Rijeka have been warned to prepare for any possible attacks on the city as they are now facing increasing threats in the northern region. Organizations have continued to advise citizens to locate their nearest bomb shelter or prepare their own with stocks of food, water, and supplies. This is simply a precaution and although citizens should be vigilant of a possible attack, they shouldn't be worried.

Alahana
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Celebration in Alahana and colonies

Author: Aanor Kossbel
05 February 23:07

Celebrations in Alahan city

It has been exactly 527 years since the formal unification of Alahana. The Alahanese unification war united the independent city states south of the Iron Mountains ,that formed after the fall of the Antarpian empire, into one unitary nation named the Kingdom of Alahana. This day is also celebrated in all territories of Alahana like the island of Aylusas.

Brief history of the Unification wars
The Antarpian empire that almost covered all of Tarus fell in 1214, leaving many independent states including the city states of Alahana, Attbridge and Lipeta.
These three states formed an alliance formed by royal marriages. When in 1414, a war broke out between Telra and Alahan the alliance was used to counter the biggest city state south of the Iron mountains.
During this war other states sides with Telra such as Bayline, Beamen, Riverfield, Kasilof and Estis. This war lasted for 74 years when the alliance of Alahan won and united the lands into one kingdom.
This unification also had the Karkan wars as result where Alahana gained the member state of South Karkan and the incorporation of Highton into the kingdom.

More From AAN
Jordanian pilot burned alive [ 477354 views ]
Pro-imperial government established in Dindar. [ 411235 views ]
IS linked terror and militant groups strike military instalations [ 400047 views ]
Image Comments [ 2,547 Comments ] | Image E-mail

"Even When broken a sword may still cut."
Crowned Republic
Monarch is Phoenix King Gerrit II
Population of 104 million

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian
Hobbies are Gaming, MMA and bodybuilding
Security agent and wannabe DJ
♫♫I'm a hardbass junkie♫♫

Embassy program | Factbook | Wiki page | Deviantart page
Tech: mainly MT/PMT | DEFCON 5: Peacetime | Demonym : Alahanese

Carsodonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

New Carsodonian Government!

Postby Carsodonia » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:11 am

Maslov Times
Maslov, Carsodonia

President Vladimir Voloski taking oath^

For the first time in Carsodonian History the people have elected a man by the name of Vladimir Voloski to change Carsodonia into a Federal Presidential Democracy! He swore oath and took office today and we in Carsodonia look foward on seeing what out new President will do for our Nation. He has released that he does plan to visit the countries and heads of states of the nations Carsodonia has had or still has bad relations with. He said "What Carsodonia needs right now in her time of need is friends and not enemies, we need those who are willing to help us rebuild our new and beautiful nation. And as President it is my job to make sure that happens..."

The government knowing the results ahead of time have been reformed and ready for our new leader to take control. Meanwhile senate and congress elections have started for those who wish to run for a position in Carsodonia. We will all miss Heaften dearly and thank him for leading our country and being there for us when we need him, and with that this is Maslov Times signing off.
Last edited by Carsodonia on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Info
Single
heterosexual
Male
works in Business and in college for Business Entrepreneurship
Italian-Russian born in America

#PeaceIsAnIllusion
I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!
I am a proud founder nation of the Mutual Protection Cooperation Pact!
#ValaranSoNotTired
WHO NEEDS SLEEP WHEN THERE IS NATIONSTATES

Globus
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:05 am

Comte Congratulates The Republic of Carsodonia

By James J. Silver, GNN
February 6, 2015

Merridell (GNN) - President Comte congratulated The Republic of Carsodonia ,in a press statement this afternoon, for the formation of their newly established democracy. The first elected Carsodonian President, Vladimir Voloski, was swore into office yesterday. Voloski stated in his inaugural speech, "What Carsodonia needs right now in her time of need is friends and not enemies, we need those who are willing to help us rebuild our new and beautiful nation". Congressional elections are still in the processing of selecting candidates, so Carsodonia will not have a fully functioning government for a short time-being.

Comte praised the government of Carsodonia for "making the right decision, for the good of the people, the country, and the world". He also suggested improving relations with Carsodonia.
"The Republic of Carsodonia is seeking friends, not foes. At a time when the world is in crisis, I am strongly pleased to hear Voloski's plea for allies rather than looking for a fight, as so many infamous nations have done in the past month. I hope to contact President Voloski in the coming days, to discuss diplomatic agreements that will aid both our countries. Voloski said it is his job to make sure his country is restored to its former glory, and I want to let him know it is also my job, Globus' job to ensure the democracy and the country stays strong. May the Carsodonian democracy bring peace and prosperity to the citizens of Carsodonia, and Curente".

Viridisolum
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:31 am

OFFICIAL GAZZETE OF THE NORTH CETLASI FEDERATION
THE IMPERIAL STATE OF VIRIDISOLUM

ImageGovernment Palace
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER

On this, the 7th day of January in the year of Our Lord Twenty Thousand Fifteen the Right Honourable Xerxia Mari Talashya Medor, Prime Minister of Viridisolum and Chairwoman of the Imperial Council of Ministers, has asked His Excellency the High Secretary of Skania-Arkland and His Excellency the Grand Secretary to task national and international mass media firms in immediate distribution of this document.

THE OFFICE OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY'S HIGH SECRETARY IN SKANIA-ARKLAND

Old Skania-Arkland - Government Palace
Local and Foreign Affairs Office

JOINT PROCLAMATION
OF THE EMPEROR OF THE IMPERIAL STATE OF
VIRIDISOLUM
AND
THE ARCHON OF THE ARCHONTATE OF
BARI
ON THE QUESTION OF SKANIA-ARKLAND

His Imperial Majesty in Right of the Government of the Imperial State of Viridisolum and His Catholic Majesty of the Archontate of Bari have discussed with contentment the close relations between the Two Sovereigns' Governments and peoples and settled an equal solution to the Skania-Arkland Question, which has last long enough to make attempts for closer relationships between the two countries rendered almost useless. In the end, they have, after talks between the delegations of the Two Governments, negotiated into acceptance to proclaim the following:

1. His Catholic Majesty proclaims that taking back the lands Viridisians, Valaran, and the International Community officially known as the "Overseas Region of Skania-Arkland" (Including the Sonte Petin Islands) is a long-awaited dream shared by His Majesty's predecessors and subjects that His Majesty has decided to assume the exercise of sovereignty over Skania-Arkland from the 10th of February in the Year of Our Lord 2015.
  2. His Imperial Majesty in Right of Viridisolum proclaims that it will instate Skania-Arkland to the Archontate of Bari from the 10th of February in the Year of Our Lord 2015.
  3. His Imperial Majesty has requested for the Government of the Archontate of Bari to set up a transitional period wherein a Skania-Arkland state shall exist, retaining Viridisian code of law, in a month to give the outgoing local authorities and inhabitants time to decide whether they would like to adjust and prepare themselves for the incoming Barisan authorities or to leave for the Imperial State of Viridisolum, the Valaran Empire, or any other realm and so His Catholic Majesty proclaims that there will be temporary policies of the Government of the Archontate of Bari on Skania-Arkland. The policies to be implemented are the following:
    1. His Catholic Majesty will establish the Skania-Arkland Special Administrative Zone upon assuming exercise of sovereignty over Skania-Arkland which will exist for a month and an additional week.
    2. The Skania-Arkland Special Administrative Zone will be directly under the authority of the Crown of the Archontate of Bari. The New Skania-Arkland once transferred under Barisan Sovereignty will be given a higher degree of autonomy than what the Valaran Empire and the Imperial State of Viridisolum has provided under the Greater Imperial Proclamation of 1914 and the Imperial Proclamation of 1997, except in foreign and defence affairs which are the responsibilities of the Crown of the Archontate of Bari. This will last until the end of the transitional period.
    3. The Skania-Arkland Special Administrative Zone will be appropriated with executive, legislative and independent judicial power, including that of final adjudication until the end of the transitional period. The laws currently in force in Bari will remain until further notice from the Crown of the Archontate of Bari.
    4. The Government of the Skania-Arkland Special Administrative Zone will be composed of whoever the Crown of the Archontate of Bari deems appropriate. A Chief Executor will be appointed by the Crown of the Archontate of Bari on their basis. Primary officials will be nominated by the Chief Executor of the Skania-Arkland Special Administrative Zone for appointment by the Government of the Archontate of Bari. All of the aforementioned will last until the end of the transitional period. Barisan, Viridisian and foreign nationals previously working in bureaucratic, civic and law enforcement services in the government departments of Skania-Arkland may remain in employment until further notice from the Barisan Crown.
    5. The domestic reforms and policies under the Government of the Overseas Region of Skania-Arkland will continue until notice from the Crown of the Archontate of Bari.
  4. His Imperial Majesty in Right of Viridisolum and His Catholic Majesty of Bari proclaim that, during the transitional period, His Imperial Majesty's Government in Viridisolum will be sharing responsibilities for the administration of Skania-Arkland with maintaining and preserving its economic prosperity and social stability as its objective; and that the Government of the Archontate will give its co-operation.
  5. His Imperial Majesty in Right of Viridisolum and His Catholic Majesty of Bari agree to implement the aforementioned proclamations in this joint proclamation.
  6. This joint proclamation is subject to ratification and shall enter into force on the date of the exchange of instruments of ratification, which shall take place in Skania-Arkland before the 9th of February in the Year of Our Lord 2015.

Given in two at our court in Skania-Arkland Government Palace on the 7th of February in the Year of Our Lord 2015.

For the
Government of the
Archontate of Bari
For the
Government of the Imperial State
of Viridisolum

God save our Sovereign and God Bless the Archontate of Bari."
Last edited by Viridisolum on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:56 am, edited 21 times in total.

Wraland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wraland » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:02 am

Harsh street fights leave 96 dead, including 13 police.

This footage shows an innocent man being beaten up, 20 minutes before police arrived to the scene and the fights became really violent. Events like these are becoming more common in Wraland lately.

News post written by the Wralandic Times, based in Novkran

Today is a day of sorrow for the city of Tahmrede, Wraland's second-largest city with over 20 million people, with a bustling economy, international port, cultural life - and politically-motivated street fights. In recent years, as conflict ensues over the continents of Atlas, Wraland has been split in three movements: the pro-IFC, who support capitalism, lower taxes, military involvement in Cydonia and turning the Eternal Monarch into a Constitutional one. Then there's the Socialists, who support the expulsion of foreigners from IFC countries, turning Wraland into a Socialist Republic and a Communist, self-sustainable economy. Lastly, there are the Neutrals, who support neither, and believe in keeping the executive monarchy and only making friends with other neutral and non-alligned countries, like neighbouring Lzherruskia. While this is an old question, it has now sparked and people are ready to show their faces of anger for their cause.
Early in the morning, about nine o' clock, a group of about 300 pro-IFC'ers gathered in the Tahmrede City Square, holding a demonstration where they ''demanded to be heard''. However, very soon, another group of about 240 Socialists had heard of this event and soon stood right next to the Pro-IFC'ers. Fighting soon erupted and 7 people had already been killed when the Police finally arrived. And when they did, it all got even worse. Several innocent civilians were trapped in the chaos, the police attempted to break up the protesters, and the Pro-IFC'ers and the Socialists started using weapons, mostly knifes and molotovs. 30 minutes after the police originally arrived, a Military battalion arrived and forcefully broke up the demonstrations, and arrested every one of the Pro-IFC'ers and Socialists there. Well, those who were alive, at least. 96 people, including 13 heroic Police, were dead. There were 9 dead civilians, which means that 74 'demonstrators' died. The Town Square was filled with blood, fire and dead bodies as the remaining demonstrators were dragged into police cars and military vans. The mayor of Tahmrede announced a day of mourning to honour the dead civilians and policemen, and called the demonstrators ''traitors''. The Wralandic Supreme Intelligence Service believes that these people are not mainstream members of the Socialist and Pro-IFC movements, but extremely radical portions of these groups.
Among the dead, there was one foreign citizen, a 24-year old Viridisian student, an innocent civilian. A formal apology has been sent to the Viridisian government for the death of their citizen, whose name shall not be disclosed for security reasons.
Although these kinds of events are becoming more common, the Chargery of National Internal Security keeps firm on that there is ''nothing to worry about'' for foreign tourists visiting Wraland.

In other news...
  • Peace negotiations in the Lovarium Dominion: Is it going anywhere?
  • [OPINION]: The polarization of the Wralandic people will be the doom of the nation.
  • Three major Wralandic airlines merged into one: welcome to Eternal Airlines!
  • Kannid Island Socialist Governor candidate announces his intention to ''forcefully remove the Valaran military base from our soil''.

Luepola
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luepola » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:54 am

Arudárol Nasauól Ajenska Lupolacce - Anglecce | Luepolan National News Agency - English

Luepolans take to the streets to wage war on Roski

Crowds flood the streets of Vuodz, Luepola to call for total war on Roski.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 - Following the live, open-air execution of a Luepolan Submarine captain, whose name will not be published, on Roskian news media, thousands of Luepolan citizens have taken to the streets of major cities out of anger, calling for the Luepolan government to end its efforts in Chazicaria and Carsodonia, and instead focus on Roski. Banners and signs platter the crowds, who among other chants have screamed "Dezetne c reig Roskecce!" ('Down with the Roskian government') and "Lu stage c Adampá!" ('We stand with Adampia!'). The protests have been backed by numerous notable figures, including Frídrik Parnas, the overseer of Luepolan Military Industries; and Missa Maragorsen, a rapper and leading figure in Luepolan pop culture, who performed an anti-Roski freestyle rap on stage at a protest in Kilíts.

Marshal Baér Govorta, who serves as the leader of Luepola's KSF (Home Guard), issued an official statement on behalf of President Olikeron. "We will not escalate war against Roski, given the current state of conflict against Chazicaria and the impending peace conference. However, we hear your cries. We stand with you, and we stand with Adampia. Roski will pay for their massacre, whether it be through reparation, embargoes, or death."

This comes concurrently with reports of ethnic violence in Luepola against ethnic Roskians, including mob justice. Ethnic Roskians who have fought the Luepolan authorities have been arrested, while those who have not have been collected for their own safety. Deaths of Roskians at the hands of Luepolans have been witnessed, but few have been arrested.

An ethnic Roskian, who had tried to fight Luepolan authorities over the war against Roski, is arrested by Luepolan Gendarmes in Nívalupola.

By Ramat Pinoc
Last edited by Luepola on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The 'e' is silent.
Riding the Trump Train to the White House

Pro: Absolute Freedom of Speech
i am a trigendered female trans-arab jedi knight please use incorrect pronouns

Anti: Political Correctness, Abuses of Power

Enough is enough.

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:49 pm

National Day of Mourning Declared

Today Supreme Chancellor Asher lead the nation in a national moment of silence for all the victims in all of the wars currently being waged all over Atlas. The moment of silence took place at the Senate Building in Veng Dun at noon today. During the moment of silence all bells in churches and other buildings across the capital rang out. The Supreme Chancellor has also ordered that all flags be lowed at half staff until Monday. The flags of all Nations in Atlas can be seen flying on the Senate lawn as well until Monday Night.

Confederacy of Bavarian States
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederacy of Bavarian States » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:38 pm

Border Incident with Chazicaria

Bavarian border with Chazicaria on a normal day
Several Bavarian guards had opened fire on what was claimed to be several Chazicarian soldiers armed with weapons walking towards the border. "They were approaching the checkpoint armed with assault rifles, we had believed they intended to infiltrate the border between our two nations which under orders we could not tolerate." Bavarian-Chazicarian relations have without doubt decreased as a result of this. This hasn't been the first time however that a border incident has occured between Chazicaria and Bavaria. Six Chazicarians and two Bavarians died back in 9 April, 2003 resulting in an almost near state of war between the two nations. Despite Bavaria's support against Cydonia, the state has not been very friendly towards the Chazicarians, blaming them for some of the Ulmer insurgency in the North West. As a result of the border incident, increases of four more divisions have been brought to the border believing the Chazicarians may be planning something.

Bavarian T-72s in the nearby town of Ulmatzburg

© Bayern Nationale Zeiten, 2015. All rights reserved.

® Comments [2,919] | ✉ E-mail this article | @ Share this article

More Entries from Bayern Nationale Zeiten
→ Who is right in war? [Opinion]
→ Cydonia's Leader latest speech brings hope to the Cydonian wounded
→ Bavarian returning troops given month leave to recuperate
→ Ulmer Suicide Bomber's vest fails, shot repeatedly by police in the face
→ Top Ten tourist spots in Bavaria

Uradite na Ulzmera?
Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeOVsI5SAhg
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=10537434
The day I sniped the WA: https://i.gyazo.com/b91eab0181bf2408cdbfd0efac69e2e6.png
"Now I just imagined an American in WWII running into a house holding a pineapple by the leaves and whacking Germans with it" - Confederacy of Bavarian States
I can be a bit of a sociopath, I haven't been tested (Nor can I afford it) so I can't tell whether I'm messed up in the head or have a terrible personality so forgive me for anything that might seem blunt

Viridisolum
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:42 am

ImageImage
THE ATLAS DIARIES

ASLO KRISTIANSEN | BIOGRAPHY
By Jien Denam, The Atlasian Biographers - Cetlaso

Sir Aslo Kristiansen, 2014
Sir Aslo David Kristiansen was born on February 19, 1974 in New Sasutaria, North Island in the Sasutary Islands. Groomed in his youth as any other youth in the Sasutary Islands and studied in order to become a serviceman of his late king and future queen and countrymen of both the past and beyond. Little did he know what the future has in store for him, unexpectedly challenges came and gone which will ultimately change the Nation he was bound to serve.

He's an odd chap; a general who leads his men by example and follows them to hell and comes back dragging the Devil behind his tank."

- Major David Jelsenki, his aide since 2004.

From 1991 Aslo Kristiansen began serving in the Sasutarian Armed Forces as a private and rose up from rank after another, excelling ever since. He became a lieutenant general by 1998 and, as the 20th century ended along with the 2nd millennium, he then was promoted to general and was granted the command of the 2nd S-Heer in 2000.

In the December of 2014, Sir Aslo was promoted to Generalfeldmarschall and assumed command of the Cydonien Korps.

The Sasutarian Armed Forces noted Aslo Kristiansen to be a "sly and cunning individual" and has recently called him in press statements as the "Arctic Lynx" for his notorious behaviour of manipulating and deceiving those he deem enough as "opponents." He is also known to be willing in serving beside fellow officers and servicemen at the front lines of past conflicts the Sasutary Islands experienced, in those he served; to live in conditions only known to the lower military ranks in order to be fair and always at his men's side, and to encourage the morale of his men. All of this was the factors that gave him the spotlight and attention from the Sasutarian public and media. They admired and called Sir Aslo "A Near-Perfect Leader."

Aslo Kristiansen firmly believes in all freedoms known to mankind. This was evident when every war prisoner he had were treated equally as if they were also his men. He had stated that their safety and comfort are 'not to be compromised' in those times.

Sir Aslo Kristiansen with Cydonien Korps Officers in Cydonia, 2015
The Sasutarian Armed Forces stated that on Aslo Kristiansen's downside he is rebellious and "fails to be in accordance of command protocols at all times." He refuses to see the fear in his men and tends to believe there is none because nobody should be. He would also defy the orders of his superiors in the Sasutarian Armed Forces, even those who held the Office of Prime Minister of the Sasutary Islands and His Late Majesty Andrew de Groote, King of Sasutaria himself, and even Her Majesty Christine, Queen Regnant of Sasutaria herself. He only sees them as what he calls "Greedy Little Fiends."

Sir Aslo always resorts to violent exchanges of either words or fist, most often both, as he does not resort to diplomacy in resolving his personal conflicts nor does he want to. A very rash person who is devoid of hatred; he does not care of anyone's opinion on him and would only put concern on his obligations. "I just get out there and do my job" A phrase he is known to have always said on questions regarding criticism against him.

Sir Aslo is also known to be the most merciful of his counterparts in the Armed Forces that he is unable to cope with unnecessary losses of life.

He made a sterling example of how we should fight. He'd eat with us, share jokes with us, fight alongside us, all the traits you would find desirable in a man."

- Corporal Jack Sasuayer

Aslo Kristiansen has fought for the Sasutary Islands' in five of its seven wars during the Age of Intervention, a period in Sasutarian History when Sasutaria was ruled by a right wing, jingoistic regime, which brought Sasutaria's national economy to the brink of collapse during the Astrician Government (1992-1994) who sent His Late Majesty and the Sasutarian Parliament of the day into exile but the Constitutional Monarchy legally remained. Sir Aslo and several commanders of the Sasutarian Armed Forces plotted to bring an end to the Astrician Administration's dictatorial two-year rule in order for the Late King and the then Parliament to return safely. They succeeded and Sir Aslo received the gratitude of Sasutaria and its people and was hailed a national hero and "Great Defender of Sasutarian Democracy." A bronze statue was commissioned by the newly elected government, the United Liberal Party led by then Party Leader and Prime Minister John B. Temes, and was erected in front of the Sasutarian Parliament Building in commemoration of his deeds.

Sir Aslo was awarded in 1998 the Sasutarian Queen's Majestic Merit 1st Class in Gold for saving the Late King from an assassination attempt planned by Weilas Ronokst, a Roskian national. Last year he was awarded with the Medal of Distinction in Battle in Silver with Wreath for the "successful invasion of Cydonia", and the Cydonien Korps Medal of Valour with Golden Eagle this year for his "valiant efforts" in invading Cydonia.

He's a man I'd fight for. Determination, the strength to carry on, his way with words, his way with tactics; that man is humanity's greatest marvel."

- Captain Hans Lowe, who fought by Sir Aslo during the Kozelsk War of 2014.

© Greninte Retailing Corporation, 2015. All rights reserved.

Comments [1,018] | ✉ E-mail this article | @ Share this article

More Entries from Atlas Diaries
    ☛ NCF Pay Tribute To Curentean War Casualties
    ☛ Emperor Edric Skaran Says No To Joint Proclamation
    ☛ Goodbye Great Regional Centre of Trade and Finance
Last edited by Viridisolum on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:04 am, edited 8 times in total.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:48 am

Valaran Condemnation of the Skania-Arkland Handover

A Detachment of the 4th Fleet sails under a bank of Storm Clouds as it leaves South-Eastern Curente

ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

Alex Cestan (
@AlexCestan)
Monday Frebuary 9 2015, 21:43 | Astaria, The Valaran Empire

The Valaran Empire refuses to agree to the 'undemocratic annexation' of Skania-Arkland

A veneer of calm slowly settling across Atlas was shattered today as the Valaran Empire refused to sign a proposed handover of a former colonial territory of Skania-Arkland to the Archontate of Bari.This sparked a constitutional crisis, as it brought the handover into untested legal ground; such an event has never happened previously.

Prime Minister William Hesseren forcefully condemned the handover, citing it as an "illegal annexation" and "against the wishes of the Viridisian populace." He called for a plebiscite to be held in the region, on whether it actually wanted to join the Archontate of bari or remain part of the Viridisian state. If that did not occur, he urged Emperor Edric Skaran III to withhold his signing of the document authorising the handover.

As per Parliamentary Law and Common Precedent, the monarch is not allowed to politicise events. However, he must also aquiesce to a Parliamentary majority unless in a grave crisis, something the socialist government under Hesseren has obtained. However, this sudden crisis has thrown the monarch's role, especially in former colonies into doubt; this is uncharted territory, and potentially unlawful actions by both sides.

Although the Viridisan government had agreed to the hand over, there are reports of this being done so under coercion. These are as yet unverified, and cannot reasonably be done so without further information. Public opinion within the Empire is currently divided on the issue, and many put down their opinion as unsure on a poll conducted today. However a majority support the view of self-determination being the solution to the crisis.

This has been supported by leading figures across the political, governmental and national spectrum in a display of unity. Among them include Ex-Prime Minister James Alstan, Arch-Lord Osteric, Arch-Lord Arcan, General Skarn, General Varkalen and reportedly some members of the Royal family. However, there has been no official side taken by the residents of Castarian Palace, with the only comment being that Edric must legally enforce whatever Parliament commands he do.

Opposition has been muted, though Lord Aubrey has been a notable (if solitary) voice for calm and a diplomatic solution, remarking that a another build of tensions in the region would be catastrophic. So far, the international reaction has been muted, though this is expected to change.

In an apparent demonstration of intent, the second and third fleets have been readied, and the fourth fleet has apparently been rerouted to Skania-Arkland, though reports of this are unconfirmed. This has all coincided with a large-scale buildup in the Valaran Military, with extensive orders form Lyran Arms, as well as Stansov and New Carloso in structural reforms that will in essence double the active size of the VRF in Atlas. As a final comment on the appointment, renowned analyst and foreign affairs correspondent Elric Daran had this to say:

"This is merely a formal recognition of Kojiro's power in Waganda, and the related importance of its military in government. This may have negative implications internationally. However, Waganda is more adept at international powerplay than is assumed by many commentators. Events after this should be watched carefully."

"However, this uncharted territory. And even Dragonscan be lost at sea. ."

More leading articles
  • Hesseren at Peace Talks in Lovarium 5,574,892 views
  • Escalation and Division in Atlasian conflicts 3,856,078 views
  • Political Analysis by Katie Farr on the current divisions in Atlas 520,025 views
  • Economic Upsurge continues as Peace seems more likely 489,762 views
  • Hesseren's First Month as PM 216,025 views

Image Comments [ 2456 ] | Image E-mail

2498 comments

REPLY LIKE | DISLIKE

Comments:

Comments

By The Real Stephen Colbert - 8 mins Ago

The people of Skania-Arkland are the only ones who shoudl decide! Any action without their support is illegal

568 Likes | 126 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By HippoLover563 - 10 mins Ago

Why is Edric now a political pawn? This never would have happened under Alphonse.

434 Likes | 673 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By Totallynotagovernmentclone - 16 min Ago

Little green boats!

*Gets shirtless to wrestle bears in the snow* :lol:

2111 Likes | 0 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies
Last edited by Valaran on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates