NATION

PASSWORD

Sunalayan News {SUNALAYA ONLY!}

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

North Rukonia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Rukonia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:05 pm

THE VOLOKARN TIMES

A Riot in Dragonsport!

An exciting but worrying event has happened today, in the nations second largest port city! At 12:00 AM, communist s flooded out of the tight and large apartment buildings the city is widely known for. A peaceful protest quickly went south, as a protester punched a cop! The arrest was called unfair by the protesters, and they started to throw molotov cocktails and setting off car bombs. Riot police were sent in, and the riot was quickly quelled. 38 rioters were arrested, and 4 were killed. 7 officers were killed by the rioters.

"Dragonsport has been known to manifest Rukonians who disagree with the government, it was where the Northern Rebbelion took place, and it was where the Regime had there capital in the Rukonian Civil War. We've treated them nicely, and this is how they repay us, with riots and murders! It's time to not let them go further, and thats why a curfew will be installed in Dragonsport, and 50,000 troops will be station there."
-Sam King, Head of the First Council, in a speech at 5:00 in Volokarn
This user officially supports the 7-state solution for the Bograel-Jogustine Conflict
This user officially supports a One-State solution for Ventismar under the New Ruzkov Empire
------------------------------------------------------------------
My language is called Younger Eotìannan

God I love fantasy

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantorrum » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Senate Rejects HR 1288

The Queen of Rhodevus spoke before the full Senate Today, giving a great and convincing speech. She managed to, with her careful yet beautiful wording, to convince 4 Conservative Senators to vote against the bill. The Queen's speech is below:

"Senate, representatives of Pantorrum and its people. I would like to thank you for allowing me this honour of speaking before this senate on such an important issue. Konetya was a province of Azovaskya. A province which voted against a government and fell into a war of independence. A war which would come to see international recognition and involvement. It cannot be forgotten that Pantorrum was the first nation to recognize Konetya as an independent and sovereign nation and to come to its aid. While the United Sunalayan Assembly was debating, Pantorrum was already feeding the starving and protecting those in Konetya which needed protection. The Pantorrum army was already engaging alongside the Konetyan army and freedom fighters when the first USA aid shipments arrived and the first armies outside of your own were landing in Konetya to help.
It was a hard fought victory and it could not have been accomplished without Pantorrum. You helped guarantee that Konetya would remain independent once the war ended and a peace treaty was signed, as it has been. The Konetyan people recognize Pantorrum for its valour. The Konetyan people and government cherish their alliance with Pantorrum because of it.
HR 1288 has the great potential to put this alliance and feelings of gratitude at risk. Konetyan fought to become an independent nation and with your help they won their freedom. With this bill, HR 1288, it proposes nullifying their hard-fought freedom and returning to being simply a province. A territory of somebody else’s lands. While I know that you have made this proposal with the best of intentions, when a people fought and died. Lost so many families, friends and love ones, all they have left to remember them by is what they had all risked to bring about. An independent Konetya.
Now, because I am a Rhodeve, and there is nothing larger than our own pride and haughty attitude (she joked), I can speak from the experience of my people. Rhodevus was once embroiled in its own wars of sovereignty. Wars which lasted only a short time, but had damaged the faith in the monarchy and the faith in my own blood. Our King James’ Wars were fought between our own people against ourselves. Just like the Konetyans, my people had chosen a different leader and they went to war over it. Our allies helped to end this conflict and bring about peace with the leader chosen by the people. Just as Pantorrum and others helped to bring an end to the Konetyan War and bring peace with the leadership they chose.
Now, if my rule had continued to be that of my predecessor’s, that which so many had fought and died for, I know they would have risen up and continued to fight. As the saying goes, “they made it this far, why not finish.” The people in Konetya are not unlike this. None of humanity truly is. We as a species want to bring things to completion. We all know that completion in this case is independence. It was an independence they struggled for. If it were to be taken, even in the name of potential defense and aid, it can crush a people and strengthen their resolve.
Senators and representatives of all parties. You are here now, not just as representatives of the people of Pantorrum, but as allies and friends to the people of Konetya. Do not let their suffering be wasted. Do not let the suffering and deaths of Pantorran soldiers in Konetya, who had given their lives so that others may feel freedom like the freedom they do in Pantorrum. I have come before you today, not as the Queen of United Sovereign Kingdoms of Rhodevus, but as a friend. A representative of my own people and those who had given their lives and are now unable to speak. Allow for independence. We all believe in it. We all believe in freedom and democracy and humanity. So I urge you to vote today as humans. I urge you to vote with your whole being, heart, soul and mind. Because today you are representing, not just Pantorrum but all peoples who had ever struggled for independence. Thank you."

Her words swayed one of the most political divided Senates in Pantorran History. The Senate soundly defeated HR 1288 in a vote of 30 opposed and 24 in favor. With that, the immense dispute over whether or not Pantorrum could annex Konetya comes to an end. The bill defeated, the President has announced he will be seeking another way to get funds to Konetya, possibly through the questionable method of Executive Order.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

The United States Of The Tao
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Scandal for the ages

Postby The United States Of The Tao » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Tao Times
Scandal for the ages

One week ago, leaked information came out about a concentration camp opened by Prime Chancellor Aoi Kaito Shou, for the purposes of satisfying his hate for the Divergians. Unfounded amounts of money and resources were poured into the atrocious project. The Chancellor of the armed forces has ordered the storming and shutdown of the facility and the arrest of the Prime Chancellor. Though many of the other Chancellors are saying the Chancellor of the armed forces' actions are unconstitutional regardless of the circumstances. A recent poll held by the Tao Nationale University (a university started by the Prime Chancellor) found that 89% of Taoists support the act, while the private university Aoba Province University found that 3% support the act. Tensions are rising quickly and it will be interesting to find out what the foreign response to this whole mess will be.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 pm

HR 1288 Falls Short in the Pantorrum Senate!

With the words of Queen Diana Wolff inspiring the senators of Pantorrum, the senate voted 30 to 24 against the bill. When asked by news reporters from around the world tuned in to this historic and highly controversial bill, the queen said, "all I did was speak. the real heroes of tonight are those senators who voted on this bill. And those who changed their decision for the good of all peoples." She did answer further questions, but limited her time "until Bellami was getting hungry".

A poll on RhodeveTimes.rdv has gone up, asking Rhodeves from across the country how they feel about the senate's decision. While it is still early, only 400 people have voted with the overwhelming majority supporting the Pantorrum senate. The poll will be online for the next week.

Queen Diana has informed the press that she will be staying a few more days in Pantorrum before taking a train through Makenzie and Athabaska and back to the Ile du Fleurs where she will be attending the grand opening of the island's first wave energy research turbine.

Rhodeve Government Strikes Down Potential Company Buy

Solar International, Rhodevus's largest solar energy company had attempted to purchase EnviroTECH for a sum of 490 Million Rhodes (980 Million NSD). For purchases over 32.4 million NSD, the offer must first go through the Rhodeve government; primarily the Ministry of Domestic Relations to determine if the deal had the potential to create a monopoly in Rhodevus or to reduce fair play among companies. This deal was determined to give Solar International a near monopoly in the Solar Energy industry in Rhodevus as well as expand its wind energy industry to 40% of the national market.

The proposed purchase was struck down this morning. John Seville, senator and CEO of Solar International told the press, "I run a company. We tried to do what companies do, but hey, we have a good government here in Rhodevus. They said no and i respect their decision. Still going to continue selling the best products around." John Seville took questions and continued to joke around with reporters and his staff, taking the rejection very lightly.

Rhodevus has Begun Mobilizing

With the passage of Article 7, Rhodevus has begun to mobilize its forces for war in The Bohin. All newspapers have been ordered to list the following:

Naval Division 1, 2 5 and 9 have been requested to report to their nearest base or recruitment center of further instructions.
Those soldiers on leave for the James Howards Military Base in Acadia are requested to return to base in 24 hours for assignment.
Those soldiers in the Rhodeve 5th Navy are requested to report to their nearest base or recruitment center for further instructions
Air Force Beta is requested in Port Joy by Monday 9:30pm local Port Joy Time. You will be authorized to board any plane, train or government funded vehicle for free with the use of your military ID and badge.
Tank division 19 operatives are placed on standby.
The Kingstown and Brevin Engineering Corps are placed on standby
The Quiniac City Corsairs are placed on standby
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:41 am

Sunrisian Special Forces Said To Be Supporting Aznazian Special Operation Division Against The Red Hand In Ziamban

Multiple sources claim that the Sunrisian special forces are engaging the Red Hand on the ground in Uszwa in support of the Aznazian Special Operation Division also known as ASOD. Involved are also aerial units attacking militants on the ground and also landing additional numbers of soldiers, as claimed by incoming information on the topic. This info about an operation against the Red Hand in Ziamban (Aethiopia, Sunafrica) is coming in even without any official announcements by the Department of Security or the Fáustîtár administration.

The reports are also coming in shortly after the authorities and government in Aznazia have reported a foiled planned terrorist attack by the Red Hand in Aznazia, which was caught and sopped with the help of Sunrisia’s Prime Intelligence Division (PID). ASOD forces were the ones that carried out a crackdown on exposed terrorist headquarters in Aznazia. Shortly after those reports, practically on the same day, information started coming in about ASOD troops militarily engaging the Red Hand in Uszwa, despite no official announcement of the mission by the country’s authorities. A similar situation has now apparently developed with Sunrisian special forces. With the successful anti-terrorist collaboration of our intelligence agencies with Aznazian structures to foil a Red Hand plot in Aznazia, it is not too surprising to hear a crackdown on the Red Hand overseas, in Ziamban, having now transformed into a joint Aznazian–Sunrisian military effort.

Media experts compare information about a covert anti-terrorist operation in Ziamban to recent reports of Sunrisian forces deployed to Layfet, being dressed up in latest protective anti-radiation gear developed by the military complex. It was connected to the statement by the Layfetian leadership of having plans aimed at unattended WMDs in POD and with Sunrisia having a role in the effort. The Department of Security has not been open or spoke on either cases and the media has yet to “interrogate” military representatives and defense officials about it. This situation has made many journalists remember a statement by the Sunrisian Minister of Security Armăs Fórtídâ in one of his interviews to SBN24:

I think that the previous administrations had good intentions by being very open about our military actions overseas. In fact, that transparency needs to remain in order to have international trust and promote that other countries as well respect the same rules when it comes to having armed forces operate abroad. At the same time, applying this transparency 100% can be strategic suicide, especially when it comes to terrorism. We can argue about rogue states. Yes, we know they have been using covert methods and had waged or even continue to wage secret wars overseas a lot. In the end, they are members of the international community and we must approach them from the position of international law, even if they play dirty. Fighting fire with fire against them would make us no better than they are and we need to remain the ones that do respect international law, unlike them.

However, we can make an exception when it comes to terrorists and militants, because they universally operate with the help of dirty bombs in public spaces and massive unexpected attacks on civilians using other means. These individuals are currently spread throughout Sunalaya like parasites and we do not always know where they are. That is why the PID and our other intelligence agencies along with our foreign allies and partners are working to trace them and take them out before they could run away. If our President or I will come out in front of the podium every day and inform the media about who we are attacking, where and when, then these anti-terrorist efforts are going to be much less fruitful, because by the time we strike, the terrorists will have packed their bags and relocated to plot and terrorize elsewhere. In case of terrorists, they must be fought against with their own methods – inconspicuousness.

In other news:

• Spés Postérâ, a humanitarian champion and social activist, and Gét Dîligít, a human rights activist, organize marches of solidarity around Sunrisia in support of those oppressed in authoritarian and totalitarian countries around the world.

• Convet debates a law making recycling mandatory.

• Chillstep track “Lucera” by Star at number 3 on the weekend’s charts.

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Nordipolica Post

National Motor Works releases the 2018 Stargazer

NORDIPOLICA - November 13th, 2017
By Jason Vannes, Staff Writer

At the national auto expo held at the Nordipolica Convention Center this past weekend, National Motor Works unveiled the highly anticipated 2018 Stargazer, which will replace the Eagle. The Eagle will continue to sold until all production part stock is depleted which means at the very least, the Eagle will be sold into the 2019 model year. The Stargazer is expected to be NMW's highest selling car for the next few years due to its flexibility. Packages for the car included the standard coupe package, as well as packages for sedan, sport, and rally. The Stargazer GT is expected to be sold with all these packages as well when it releases in 2020.

Demand for the car is increasing with already 50,000 orders made by Layfetians including Executive Minister Edmond Dantes and Deputy Executive Minister Susan Polster. There are already at least 5,200 foreign orders for the car mostly between Sunrisia and Rhodevus. With NMW recently becoming an international company with plans to set up production facilities in both of those nations, demands for the car should go up. NMW has already made two special variants of the car specifically for Sunrisia and Rhodevus, with another variant in the work for Makenzie and Athabaska on the works. These special variants modify the Stargazer for each nation's motor vehicle standards. Other orders from other nations are built by modifying existing cars.

The Stargazer is reasonably priced at just $Z22,000 sporting 5.0 L V8 engine with 435 hp for the standard coupe, with other packages having at least that. NMW was also questioned about the availability of an eco or battery powered model, to which NMW CEO Arthur Beard said that "We know there is a lot of demand for and eco model or a battery model of the car, but we just don't know how we can keep the same amount of power when making one, we are at the drawing board and we are asking for help from the community and the government to help solve the problem."

The 2018 NMW Stargazer may be a little late to the model year, but it will definitely make a stamp on the market when the first cars roll of the line on November 17th.

IN OTHER NATIONAL NEWS:

Crisis continues in Konetya, Konetyan-Layfetians demand action

Sunrisian Naval Forces have deployed more warships to Layfet

Supreme Court rules that privately owned security companies are legal unless the are a "threat to the state"

Sunrisian-Layfetian Friendship Garden to be built

EM Dantes to speak about possibility of joining the Commonwealth

"Taylor" tops "Silver Galaxy" as highest grossing film in Layfet

University of Southern Layfet Chancellor resigns due to sexual assault allegations

Montay Atoll Airport to offer direct flights to Hart Point later this year

Layfetian rapper Micheal "PT" Johnson dies in automobile accident
Last edited by United Layfet on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Queen Karen Speaks Before Seven United's Commission- Talks Relations, Trains, Trade, and Concerns
Today, Queen Karen made an official visit to to speak before the Commission of The Seven United in Aygon City. Before she spoke before their legislative body, the Queen and Michelle Ahina met and discuss a variety of topics, including the modernization program of Seven United's railway network, the environment their assistance in the ongoing Bohin-Molenston conflict, and further normalizing trade and relations. The Queen, however, did hint at addressing possible concerns she had to Ahina over the current situation regarding Montedoran and current Rhodeve Commonwealth-MDAA disagreements over the past several months. Below is the transcript of her speech made before the Commission, the actual video of her speech can be viewed on many Belantic and Seven United news websites.

"Good day to you all, and thank you for allowing me to speak before you on this fine day. As you know, this year has been rough for many of us around the world, including here in Corentia, but now is time for us as whole to reflect, look forward, and continue the progress we have made over the years. For the longest time, relations between Belantica and the Sven United remained fairly steady, but recently, have been slipping due to conflicting views. However, I do not want us to keep pushing each other away, especially in a time where cooperation will do everyone far more good than on our own merit, we cannot do everything alone and rely on one another. Of course, Belantica's reputation towards MDAA members has been damaged due to some of our political figures expressing their negative views on the organization. Of course, we cannot simply just tell them off, they do have a right to their opinions, just as every decent citizen should, but I ask them, including my sister Princess Cindy, to tone it down and not make a huge ordeal out of it. I do not want to see conflict between the Rhodeve Commonwealth and the MDAA over trivial matters. That being said, many of you here may not have the best view of me, or the nation that I have pledged my life to, because of anti-MDAA remarks made, however, I feel that both sides can put those incidents behind our backs, and rebuild trust within one another. We actually have many deals with the Seven United as it stands, as well as other MDAA members like Pantorrum, and I would like to maintain or even expand those deals that they have with Belantica. I will admit that Belantica is a very closed and xenophobic nation, which could be why that Belanticans in general hold negative views on the MDAA, and will be very unlikely for the nation to join. But it doesn't mean Belantica is opposed to working one-on-one with each nation, much like we doing here today between our nations.

In fact, I bring a proposal to keep healing the wounds, to have both parties present in this room today continue to grow and prosper. One of the ways I see this happening is to help the Seven United become less dependent on fossil fuels, and expanding green energy to reduce environmental impacts further in the future. I nodded when you passed legislation to phase out diesel cars, that inspired me to pass my own legislation doing just that, and encouraging the automobile industry, one of the largest industries on the planet, to push development and production of cleaner and more efficient vehicles to markets all across the globe. I know that those working in fossil fuel will keep spewing the rhetoric on how it's cheaper and better, but they fail to come to terms with climate change and how they refuse to do anything about it. On the other hands, I tip my hat to Valiant Energy, which they are planning to open a new hydrogen processing facility sometime within the next year as part of their plans to break off of oil. I don't see many other energy companies doing that, and I think they should if they wish to do business with my nation. I would rather see a world that has clean air to breather, clean water to drink, and less sickness caused by pollution. Building greener cars is one part, but the real factor is that public transport, especially railways, are the key to this movement. The brilliant minds over at Belantic Railways are helping many nations around the globe to review and update aging rail systems to be more economical, greener, and provide a better service, and they wish to bring over their expertise to the Seven United, and revolutionize rail transport to the benefit of the citizens of this great nation.

Speaking of citizens, I do have con concerns on how the Commission is handling the Montedoran situation that is ongoing as I speak. I understand that the Commission doesn't want them to leave due to various reasons, but I do believe that the people of Montedoran need their voices to be heard, not just by the world, but the government overseeing them. A responsible government needs to take consideration for their legitimate concerns, I currently do not see that, and I would really appreciate it if the Commission works with them instead of against them. Now, I don't advocate for the Montedorans to use violence, but I do recommend they continue to speak for their behalf to make sure they are treated equally within the nation they reside in, and I am sure that many within the MDAA will agree with me on that, using words rather than weapons on both sides of the issue. We do not this to turn into what is going on between Konetya and Pantorrum, which as far as I'm concerned, is a giant mess that will do more damage than good. So please, use diplomacy rather than force.

Speaking of which, I have to say that the Seven United providing aide to the victims of the Bohi-Molenstoni War currently unfolding is a truly noble and selfless act, putting the needs of others rather than your own. I say that you have full support from me on this endeavor, much like we are still sending in as much drinking water and foodstuffs to the region as we can. It is acts like these that benefit the world, and I hope that we, as two different but similar nations, will continue to work together not just for a better future for us, but everyone near and far. Let us put aisde our differences, and rebuild our trust with one another."

The queen answered questions from the reporters gather around, and was seen leaving with Commissioner Ahina presumably to work on the deal between BR and railways in the Seven United, as well as improving the current trade agreement between the two nations. It was believed that there were representnitives from a major oil company, but the Queen did not talk to them, assuming that they were attempting to persuede her to cancel her energy plans. She did, for several young people outside, dabbed before leaving with the commissioner, getting quite a few cheers and memes created about it.

In Other News
-All is well in Konetya? Pantoran Senate strikes down HR 1288. Protestors outside Pantoran embassy in Center City celebrate
-San Mateo man steals a fire engine and drives it into a river
-Huge anti-terror operations happening all over
-Rhodevus begins mobilizing forces, Belantica deploys 1st Submarine fleet to conflict zone
-Communist states such as PRC and Esotana are "rather annoying" according to polls
-PearsEnergie created to create public charging stations for EVs across Belantica, starting with expressway parking and service areas
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Vesvai
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesvai » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:43 pm

VNNHD

Assassination Attempt Made Against PM Jonathan Mollisal, Anti-Government Forces Blamed, Former PM Matthew Praeterit Blames Cuts In Security Funding

Authorities are investigating an assassination attempt made against PM Jonathan Mollisal last night. His limousine had gunfire opened on it as it was driving through the street not that far away from the Parliament. Fortunately, the armor on the limo and bullet-proof windows had saved the Prime Minister, his bodyguards and the driver from being hurt. The gunmen had escaped and the police have no trace. The authorities have reason to believe there was more than one shooter. Examining the marks left by gunfire, investigators concluded that the limo was shot at using rifles. Exact identities and affiliations of the attackers are also still anonymous. With the recent political crisis in Vesvai, the VHU-led government claims that the assassination was carried out by “anti-government forces.”

Former PM Matthew Praeterit shared his experiences when reacting to what his successor has recently gone through. Praeterit talked about the assassination attempts he survived and blamed cuts in the security funds for why this has happened: “I had a lot of enemies during my time as the Prime Minister. I had survived my share of assassination attempts by internal opponents and by foreign agents. But the reason why I was never intimidated is because I had good security and enough of it. Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal is trying to make himself look more approachable in comparison to how I was. In fact our whole party has been trying to paint that image of him. He is the more “liberal” and “pragmatic” PM and that is why I had to be replaced, because I wasn’t that. They had decreased the number of security personnel and equipment that he is being surrounded by at all times. VHU thinks that if PM Mollisal goes out into the public towards the people with less security, he has better connections with them and shows that he can trust them and be trusted too. Also, he uses up less state money on his personal well-being. Well, I think that this incident has proved to him that he was wrong and proved it to the rest of our government. As Prime Minister, his has an obligation to look after himself not just for his personal well-being, but because he is the Head of Vesvai’s Government. He is so much more than just an interchangeable figure head. Our government needs to stay strong especially with the current political climate in Vesvai.”

A member of AIT opposition coalition also had something to say about the assassination attempt: “We might be protesting VHU’s factual dictatorship in Vesvai, but we do not condone murder. It is not pleasant to hear the term “anti-government forces” to describe the perpetrators of this crime, because that is the name that the government has been giving to us too. So technically they are indirectly hinting that we might have something to do with the assassination attempt. Of course, until it is said to us directly, I will not try to cause an argument or show how I, other opposition members or our supporters are offended. We are glad that the Prime Minister, his guards and the driver are all okay and not hurt. We strongly condemn the crime. We also think that there is a lesson in everything. We hope the government will reflect on this case of extremism to understand what is going on in Vesvai and act to change things for the better. Vesvai will especially not calm down if the electoral fraud issue is not solved, that’s fact. People are not fools and the government’s actions raise of risk of extreme measures becoming a trend in our society.”

North Rukonia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Rukonia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 pm

THE VOLOKARN TIMES

Volokarn Town Hall Vandalized!

3 people have been arrested today, as the town hall of the capital has been vandalized! The perpetrators were seen spray painting anti-capitalist and anti-government propaganda on the 594 year old building. They then climbed up on to the roof of the building, and stripped down to only their shoes and masks covering there faces. 2 were female and 1 was male. The police were called in and arrested the communists while still on top of the building, and they have been charged with indecent exposure and vandalization of state property. The Equality League, the communist party of North Rukonia, has called these arrests unfair, and said that the three were merley protesting.
This user officially supports the 7-state solution for the Bograel-Jogustine Conflict
This user officially supports a One-State solution for Ventismar under the New Ruzkov Empire
------------------------------------------------------------------
My language is called Younger Eotìannan

God I love fantasy

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:36 am

BREAKING NEWS: Federation Signs Oil Deal with the Bohin

News Bulletin: Press Secretary Varfolomei Varlaam informed reporters this morning that the Federation of Ophioneus has signed a oil trade deal with the Bohin. While the amount of money the deal is said to make for the nation was not reported, the office stated that it expects for the deal to go on "un-hindered and un-harrased" despite the recent conflicts in the region. The first shipments of refined oil, allegedly leaving dock within the next few weeks, will be en route to a war zone. When asked by reporters if the Federation expects the ships to be attacked, the Press Secretary stated that security measures will be taken. The Secretary took the time to denounce the actions by foreign powers in the region, and has stated that "all Federation ship courses will be clearly marked, indicated, and known to all parties in the region following maritime law and good will of our nation."

The Press Secretary also took the time to denounce HR 1288. "Despite the failure of this bill, the world still sees the risk of Pantorrum's imperialistic actions that endanger the world," he stated. Secretary Varlaam resounded the Federation's right to defend the sovereignty of all nations on Ophion, stating that "they will either be free or they will be protected by the Federation."
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 am

Sunrisia And Daredland Hold Joint Military Drills

The Sunrisian Defense Force has successfully conducted joint military exercises and war games with Daredi Konföderaleswehr in Daredland and international waters south of the Corentian continent. Both countries made sure to go through the entire schedule and have their armies, navies and air forces participate in the drills. Daredland was the primary ground for the drills, but the training also extended into international waters south of mainland Corentia, which served as the training ground for the navies. They made sure to train as distantly as possible from the mainland and away from the territorial waters of any sovereign country in order to avoid friction or unnecessary suspicion of ill-intentions from our side. The other components of the military like land and aerial units did not need a theatre of training as big as the navies, which is why the armies and the air forces saw Daredland as enough of a training ground. The total number of troops in the drills was below the one that would require a submission of in-advance warning to the USA. The Daredi and Sunrisian militaries simulated many scenarios in their training, such as foreign aggression against Daredland, emergence of terrorist insurgents inside Daredland and operations by drug cartels inside the country as well. Sometimes the armed forces even combined different scenarios into one. Sunrisian military officials say that they were left pleasantly surprised after having observed the exercises. They commended and expressed happiness in regard to teamwork between both countries. Sunrisian Minister of Security Armăs Fórtídâ who is currently in Daredland and who had observed the drills with his Daredi defense official counterparts, later gave his impressions to local and international media in a quick press conference after the drills:

These drills have given me confidence that Sunrisia and MDAA have found themselves a wonderful partner in Daredland. The teamwork between the two countries has been fantastic in these exercises, so I have no doubts that it would be even greater if Daredland were to train with the entire military bloc of MDAA, which I’m sure will eventually be arranged in the future. Speaking from the Sunrisian perspective, this demonstration of capabilities from the Daredi side gives confidence to us that Daredland will easily achieve its declared goal of MDAA membership, should they wish to do so. You have already come very far in a relatively short period, being second only to Smoya on the integration path, but you will decide on your own what you want to do. In the meantime, we will enjoy the wonderful external partner we have in this great country of great people. I think this demonstration of cooperation is important in these times, when international terrorism is rampant, when cartels become more active in Corentia again, when military coups plague our continent and the world and when rogue states start hinting at and acting with imperial goals again. Daredland understands the reality of all these threats and Sunrisia stands with you. Together we are strong. These drills are part of a large arrangement held every once in a while, but regular training between our armies would continue more frequently.

In other news:

• Sunrisia condemns assassination attempt made against Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal of Vesvai.

• Volokarn Town Hall vandalized in North Rukonia.

• Ophioneus signs large oil deal with The Bohin, disregarding military aggression against Molenston escalated by The Bohin.

• Experts say that Pantorrum appears to be changing into an entirely different country.

• President Nóv Fáustîtár calls the planned Sunrisian–Layfetian Friendship Garden project – “beautiful” and “emotionally moving.”

• Department of International Relations calls The Seven United diplomacy = “exemplary.” Statement comes amid the meetings of The Seven United officials with representatives of countries that MDAA has been at odds with. Some officials criticize the statement by pointing at the Montedoran issue.
Last edited by Sunrisia on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dirkhizistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dirkhizistan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 pm

President Mugharz to visit Pantorrum and meet with President Pearce
ImageImage

President Mugharz is set to visit Pantorrum in two days, the President will visit it's capital Cormiar and meet with their President William Pearce. The goal of the trip is to create deals with the country on trade and possibly other issues. The President wishes that they can get deals as quickly as possible and make them as fair as possible. Dirkhizistan is currently undergoing problems as fear of the growth of islamic radicalization in the country causes new fears of possible conflict between the majority reformist muslims and non-muslims against the radical muslims, something Mugharz will possibly discuss with Pearce. Another thing Mugharz has considered was spreading it's influence from Azarah and it's allies in Ventismar. Mugharz has also notice the controversy over Pantorrum's influence in Konetya, but he is not sure if Dirkhizistan would need to care about that. The Trip will last about 2 days, the first day visiting the capital and getting ready to meet with Pearce on the second day in Pantorrum.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Boring stuff

Stuff of boredom

Stuff that is boring

Things that cause one to become bored

GRAMR IS 4 DUMDUMS
Pittsburghese

The United States Of The Tao
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Punishment has arrived

Postby The United States Of The Tao » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Tao Times
Punishment has arrived

Today the Chancellery has voted on what to do with the Prime Chancellor who was publicly caught having started and maintaining a concentration camp. The Chancellor of the Armed Forces spearheaded a campaign against the Prime Chancellor, calling his actions unconstitutional and immoral. While the Chancellor of Transportation attempted to defend the Prime Chancellor, saying his actions were only made in the best interests of the UST, and that it was the most effective way of limiting the Divergian influence in the UST. Tensions are still high as the Chancellery is in a power struggle, as the Chancellors try to ascend to the Prime Chancellery. The Prime Chancellor will spend life in prison for Treason, 4 accounts of 2nd degree murder, 18 accounts of 1st degree torture, 293 accounts of 2nd degree torture, and 1,253 accounts of 3rd degree torture, 3,832 accounts of kidnapping. An investigation is currently being held to find his accessories and his closest supporters in the Chancellery.

United Cascadian Federation
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Cascadian Federation » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:15 am

Social Democrats sweep in Senate, Democrats dominate House of representatives.

Vancouver (Seattle Times)- Social Democrats have won the senate, while Democrats became the majority in the house, Seattle times projects, as the presidential elections come closer. Many predict that Tyrone Hart will win a second term in January, and Social Democrats say that they would not be surprised if he did win.

The Orange and green wave saw Phyllis Hill of the Social Democrats winning the governor's race in Alabama and Paul Huey of the democrats winning Covington. Libertarians have also scored victories this night, with Libertarian Jeffery Pahl winning the gubernational election in Vermont. Libertarians are also on pace to capture control of the Jersey state Assembly, and several Libertarians, including Cascade city mayor Will Ventura, won their mayoral elections.
As for the presidential primaries, Libertarian candidate Adam Wood and Amber Piercy split three states amongst themselves, while Tyrone Hart secured 7 states. The main election will take place in January 2018.

Tyrone Hart Arrives in Ireland for Six-Day Trip to Ventismar.

Moneygall- President Hart may not be related to everybody in this postage-stamp Ros Crean hamlet of 300, which claims him as its native son. But on Monday, Mr. Obama appeared determined to hug, kiss, shake hands or raise a glass with every last one of them.

In spite of Ros Cre's communist stance, President Tyrone Hart and the Cascadian people have nothing but praise for the nation, with many Cascadian citizens stating that Ros Cre is a "cultured nation that seems to have many of the social freedoms we value and cherish."

“He held my hand, he drew me close and he kissed me on the cheek,” said an ecstatic Anne Maher, 50, who was wearing a red cap with the words “Tyrone Ros Cree 2017” on it. “I’m not going to wash that cheek for a lifetime.”

In a jubilant visit that included a pint of beer at a local pub — the first lady, Michelle Hart, had a half-pint — a stop at a house once lived in by his great-great-great grandfather and quite possibly the most garrulous rope line he has ever worked, Mr. Hart made a familiar pilgrimage for a Cascadian president: going back to his Ros Crean roots.

It is the emotional highlight of a 2-day visit to Ros Cre by the president, as he kicks off a 14-day tour of Ventismar that will also take him to Umbrellya and Rezua — and immerse him in thorny issues like the military campaign in the Bohin and Konetya. On the issue of the Bohin, president Hart stated;

"This war has nothing to do with us, so we will remain neutral unless we are attacked. We are not a nation that will just jump into a war with no cause. We do not fight unless we are attacked, and quite frankly, if it were up to me, we'd renounce our right to declare war and only use
our military for self-defense and humanitarian purposes."

President Tyrone Hart is to meet Ros Crean president Mícheál Ó hUiginn tomorrow.
Last edited by United Cascadian Federation on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vesvai
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesvai » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:06 pm

VNNHD

PM Jonathan Mollisal Survives Second Assassination Attempt Shortly After First One, Former PM Matthew Praeterit Escapes Car Bomb, Government Plans To Boost Security For Prime Minister And Other Officials

PM Jonathan Mollisal survives another attempt on his life, this time one that shocked the nation more than the last one. But he is not the only victim. Former PM Matthew Praeterit also nearly lost his life in a car bomb explosion in another part of the capital, happening almost simultaneously to the second attack on PM Mollisal. Former PM Praeterit ended up with injuries, unlike the current PM Mollisal who was shielded by personal security. Praeterit is currently at the hospital with light injuries from car door window glass, while PM Mollisal is in an unspecified location, possibly at home or at the Parliament under protection. City authorities have been put on the case to investigate the second assassination attempt against PM Mollisal and MP Praeterit. Both cases have already been linked to the recent first assassination attempt against the Prime Minister.

Speaking at a public event in the City Centre, PM Jonathan Mollisal was fired at by an anonymous sniper from a roof of the nearby skyscraper. The crowd and random civilians were not harmed, as the shooter seemed to be exclusively focused on hitting the Prime Minister. The security was able to successfully evacuate PM to safety and neither of the guards had to take a bullet for the Head of the Government. The sniper did not seem to plan hitting any of the body guards either. Meanwhile in another part of town, more specifically where Vesvai’s Parliament is located, another assassination attempt against a Vesvaian politician was made. It happened shortly after a sniper attack on PM Jonathan Mollisal. Former Prime Minister, current parliament member and current member of VHU party leading Vesvai’s government, Matthew Praeterit nearly lost his life to a car bomb. As he was walking up to his automobile, it exploded on its own, most likely with a remote-controlled bomb as authorities suspect. Pedestrians were not harmed and Praeterit himself ended up with shards of glass from car door window hitting him. An ambulance appeared momentarily after being called by citizens and Parliament staff and took the Prime Minister to a hospital. Currently Mr. Praeterit is having glass removed and medical experts looking if he is going to need stitches. The condition remains stable and Praeterit has not yet made himself available for comment. Doctors say he is going to be okay.

In response to back-to-back assassination attempts, a VHU party member gave his reactions on social media: “I am shocked and appalled. At this rate, we are going to have to make Vesvai’s National Guard look after our Prime Minister and other politicians. I am exaggerating of course. But Matthew Praeterit was right. It was a mistake to have security funding reduced for the Prime Minister. Not only does it need to be brought back to its previous condition, but greatly increased. Special services and other forces should also be allowed to trace out and crack down on these anonymous extremists. I am going to push this agenda at the next parliament session and I think my fellow MPs and VHU members will support it. I have already heard similar propositions from other VHU members and it shows that this idea is in many politicians’ minds. It is just ironic that Mr. Praeterit, who was right all along, had to fall victim to this. He was probably targeted for speaking out. I am just glad that both Mr. Praeterit and Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal are okay.”

Representative of AIT opposition coalition gave an interview to another television station in reactions to the recent swarm of assassination attempts: “I will say what our other coalition members have been saying before. These assassination attempts are inhumane. If that is not enough of an argument for the people who are doing these things, then I will say that it directly undermines all opposition in this country. Their actions will make everybody who opposes the VHU-led government, politicians and citizens alike, look like extremists. We will all be painted in black. The government needs to be opposed in humane and legal ways and not through crimes and extremism. At the same time, these extreme events are a sign that the government mustn’t ignore. This is not so much an outcry, but a burst of exhaustion and frustration at VHU dictatorship in Vesvai. The current leadership is pushing Vesvai into that pit. The situation has gotten so bad that people are turning to extremism.”

In his video blog, a member of a Vesvaian nationalist movement which is also strongly anti-government, has said the following: “I will approach this from a less politically correct way and in a more conspiracy type fashion. If you noticed, an MP from the ruling VHU party, in his social media post has immediately jumped to National Guard, special services and crackdown. I believe that these assassination attempts were false flag operations to justify an upcoming nationwide crackdown on anti-government opposition. Whether Mollisal and Praeterit were in on it, doesn’t matter. I mean, why did the car explode before Praeterit got inside of it? Probably for realism sakes, he was prepared to have glass fly into him or maybe that was an unexpected part of the plan. Maybe he had to improvise, again, for realism sakes. Why did the sniper not hit Mollisal or any of his guards? If he truly wanted to kill him, I am sure that he would have taken the maximum amount of shots until Mollisal was unreachable. I’m not saying he should have done, I’m just saying what the logic dictates.

Whatever. Point is, the wounds are fresh on Praeterit’s flesh and an MP from VHU is already jumping towards talks about crackdown and increased financing for government-controlled forces. Around the world we have seen false flags and inside jobs before: staged coup attempts, assassination attempts, terrorist attacks. Don’t be surprised if this practice has reached Vesvai and if our desperate government would do something like this. They saw millions of people protest in the streets against them after the election. These boys are out of options and need to quietly suffocate the anti-government attitudes in this country, because these pro-colonial sellouts don’t want grand plans to be ruined. Anyway, if in the next few days you’ll hear about AIT members being arrested or disappearing, if NGO workers start disappearing or if I disappear unexpectedly, you will know what had happened. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I won’t be sleeping with a light on, but I might have to keep a shotgun next to my bed. If VHU starts pushing a law for internet regulation at the Parliament against “extremist material”, that will already be a sign. But they might get to the crackdown with force much earlier. Of course, we have the Vesvaian Revolutionary Army out there, so maybe they won’t let this happen. But we have to rely on our civil society as well. I won’t be departing with my traditional wish for you all to exit the matrix, because it seems that the people in this country have finally started waking up again after a long coma.”

All media now waits for PM Jonathan Mollisal to make his first public appearance after escaping the second assassination attempt. It is unlikely that it would happen soon because party members and security will probably advice the Prime Minister to stay out of sight for a while. The assassins might still be out there. But the nation will be expecting the Head of Government to eventually speak to them. Authorities investigating the attempts on PM’s and MP’s lives promise to announce first updates on their findings as soon as they appear.
Last edited by Vesvai on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Ispanza Pledges 100% Renewables by 2035

In a historic move by the small islands nation, Ispanza has pledged to generate 100% of their electricity needs from renewable energy by the year 2035. This agreement was signed by each of the three major parties and six minor party leaders becoming the second ever agreement unanimously signed by every political party in the country. The date chosen is very ambitious but it is believed that with the agreement of all parties, it can be possible.

"With full party involvement of all parties in this country, Ispanza can become a sustainable energy capital. We have already signed into law under my administration banning the importing to cars non-hybrid and electrical cars; to be taken into effect in 2018, and the banning of sales of non-hybrid and electrical cars by 2020. My administration has also since passed Bill 926 which will begin to dismantle our 2 coal power plants by 2021 and 2025 respectively and convert our oil generators into natural gas generators by 2030 and work to dismantle them by the set date of 2035. Our plan is very ambitious. But, with the support of the entire nation, and the improvements in technology happening every day, as well as my administration's partnership with Solar International, we can achieve this plan." Sir Harold Saunders, the governor of the Tropical Dominion said in a press conference after this historic signing.

The agreement does have it's doubters, believing that this time frame is too short and may damage the economy of Ispanza, putting hundreds of workers out of the job.

In Other News:
-Solar International signs partnership deal with Ispanzan government, to provide 1 GW of energy by 2020
-Ispanza to increase carbon tax on industries and companies in the nation by 10 cents
-83.4% of Ispanzans favour the plastic bag ban instituted in 2006
-Ispanzan government asks Oblarenite government to meet and discuss green energy solutions
Last edited by Ispanza on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Librira
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Librira » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Libra World Times

Your Source for Local, National, and International news

Road Works to be started near Akron

akron
Today the City Soviet of Akron announced that a contractor had been found for an important roadworks project, and work would begin shortly. The works in question affect the junction of AH-4 and AH-6, and includes a new overpass and roundabout. The work was awarded to Road Engineering Syndicate No.66, after their proposed budget was deemed acceptable and the LEAB accredited the proposed design work. Work is scheduled to begin in Spring of 2018. The Cost of the project was estimated to be approximately 5.000.000 Arbels, and will last until Summer of 2020. The project is said to have a limited effect of commutes or transportation, as in the meantime RES No.66 is planning a detour route, that will hopefully prove satisfactory. Once the project is completed the new junction will be smaller, but allow for a larger number of vehicles to pass through faster due to a more efficient design. The mayor of Akron, was excited to have a contractor found for the project, saying; "I'm proud that our LEAB and local officials were finally able to come together and decide the fate of this project, I'm sure this investment into our transportation network will be money well spent".

Rendering of the finished junction

In Other News
Ispanza pledges to go emissions-free by 2035

Vasvai PM Nearly Assinated
Librira is a Democratic-Syndicalist nation
Sunalaya's Corentian Nationalist - Corentia is the Superior Continent!
Member of Sunalaya
Information, If you like.

Creperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Creperia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:27 am

NATIONAL NEWS NETWORK

President Karr Gaudēl has better relationship with military than predecessor

Creperian Military approves of President Karr Gaudēl more they did of President Alcc Laēta

What Creperian citizens have noticed about the current leadership of President Karr Gaudēl in contrast to the last administration, is the relationship with the military. President Alcc Laēta was famously the only Creperian President that did not get along with the Creperian National Defense Force. The previous President and CNDF constantly personally conflicted, his orders as the commander-in-chief were often approved and then rejected by the army and finally, the constitutional crisis saw large mutiny from CNDF. The government–military split almost made the army a separate political structure, which was dangerous. Some liked the fact that the military became independent Guardians of the Constitution, others said it paved way for more coups and a military dictatorship. As mentioned before, the final confrontation between the government and military shifted the constitutional crisis in the direction that it did. The military mutiny and support for the National Assembly over President Alcc Laēta led to the President giving up his principals. A referendum happened, new Constitution was adopted, new elections were held. Today, the situation is different. CNDF is once again more loyal and works together with the government as the protectors and servants of Creperia. President Karr Gaudēl has often visited the troops, talked to them and has been seen to be in a very warm relationship with them. Army generals and regular servicemen have said that “[P]resident Karr Gaudēl is a better leader and more devoted servant of this nation, knowing what’s best.” President Karr Gaudēl has not stayed aside in expressing his own joy over government–military re-approachment by saying “[I]’m very happy that the gap between the government and the military is closing, because together we can better serve this nation, defend Creperia, commit to MDAA obligations and fight for international peace, security, stability and prosperity.”

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

New Oil in Iles du Surete

With the fight for clean energy brewing around the country, the Iles du Surete government has quietly passed through legislation opening up its ocean and maritime oil fields to new competition. The Rhodeve Territory of the Iles du Surete is located on the other side of the world from Rhodevus Mainland, an eight hour time difference from the Imperial City. The fourteen islands contain a total population of 2.5 million people and are rated the highest fossil fuel energy usage per capita for all Rhodeve provinces and territories.

80% of Suretian energy comes from its oil electricity generators, with the remainder being mainly comprised of solar, wind and geothermal sources (6%, 11% and 3% respectively). The island chain is also a very large producer and exporter of oil, shipping oil to Ziamban and Ophion nations.

Liquiplex, the Pantorran oil conglomerate has been granted exclusive maritime oil drilling rights for the Southern island chains for the next twenty years. They will be sharing this area with only one other company, the Rhodeve oil company, Western Ltd. The governor of the territory has remained quiet on the announcement, only saying that “this deal will benefit Suretians and provide more job opportunities to our people.”

When asked about how the island chain might be working with the rest of the country to limit the use of fossil fuels for energy, the governor remained uncharacteristically quiet on the issue. Governor Roger Simonsted is currently in his first term in office, but is a member of a long line of Green Party members who have lead the territory since the 1950s.

War Games with Other Nations Planned

War games have been planned between the Royal Rhodeve Army Forces, the United Cascadian Federation Army, Royal Rezuan Army, The Royal Belantic Army and the Northern Forces Army of North Rukonia. This military drill will be located in middle Rhodevus where the armies will work on cooperative training and drills, as well as military situations including but not limited to invasion, recovery and offensive scenarios. This will be the first war games Rhodevus has done with North Rukonia. Cascadia and Rezua are two close Rhodeve allies, which places North Rukonia as a potential member of future Rhodeve relations.

“These wars games will in no means hamper our ability to function and wage war abroad.” General Nathanial Timmel said, referring to the fourth Malesti-Bohi War, which is currently being wages in Ziamban. “Our nations do have soldiers to spare, and being able to complete these war games simultaneously is an impressive feet, which shows the cooperation and skill we all possess in our respective forces. While my main priorities will be on the current war, it will still be all hands on deck for these war games.”

Rhodevus Heading to War

Rhodevus has officially declared war on The Bohin. While this has been no surprise to anyone since Queen Diana Wolff returned home from Divergia, many opponents have stated that they declared war too soon and that the military was ‘not ready for active engagement’. General Nathanial Timmel has informed the press otherwise believing that the Rhodeve Armed Forces are indeed ready for the upcoming engagement in Ziamban.

Acting Queen, Princess Heir Sierra Everen-Abrams also spoke to the press saying, “Rhodevus is ready for the conflict. Our forces are assembled and we are prepared to have them join our allies abroad. Rhodevus has helped in every single Malesti-Bohi war since the first and we will not stray away from this one.”

It was also released that the Rhodeve 5th Navy is on route to Molenston. As for the 1st and 9th Navies, their locations and time of departure remains a secret to ensure the safety of the soldiers and crews on board. The Quiniac Corsairs, the famed Naval Marines from the city have also been seen on board the 5th Navy ships, along with their supplies.
Last edited by Rhodevus on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Eikangaard
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eikangaard » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Counterfeit Parts Brought Down TransWing 152

The National Air Safety Commission has closed the book on the Tragedy of TransWing Flight 152, which broke up and crashed off the southern coast of Eikangaard. In their formal report, they reconstructed the aircraft’s final moments. They said that due to the parts of the fuselage they managed to recover, that the plane’s left wing detached from the main body shortly after takeoff and that counterfeit bolts were the cause of the failure. In the report, it states that the bolts were installed onto the aircraft during a routine maintenance overhaul and that after routine flights that parts simply wore down until they failed. It marks the first time in national history that an air disaster is attributed to counterfeit components. The NASC will now launch an official audit of all national air carriers to determine the extent of counterfeit parts on current aircraft and recommends that other international carriers perform similar checks on their parts inventories. As of now no aircraft are to be grounded in relation to this issue.

[ ]

--- Line of Succession ---
Prince Derrig – Misguided Patriot

Good Afternoon dear reader! We must apologize for the lack of an update last week, technical difficulties prevented us from getting this article up on time. The good news is you’re getting two for the price of one today! Now, where we left off last week was with the eldest child of the Royal Line, Princess Krissal. Naturally, it makes the most sense to talk about the next oldest sibling, Prince Derrig.

In contrast to his sister, Derrig hasn’t had much time in the limelight. He seems to prefer to shut out the paparazzi to instead focus on his own endeavors, namely his service in our nation’s armed forces. The man has long made it clear his support for our brave men and women in uniform ever since he joined up as a tanker in the Armored Reserve in 2011. He has continued to advocate for Eikangaard to expand, or at least update, the armed forces and to take a more active role in global peacekeeping. A patriot at heart, he sees the military as a way to leave our nation’s mark on history.

Although his intentions are no doubt noble, it comes at a pretty hefty price. All those expansions and updates require funds leading to the question of how to get those funds. How does he plan to get those funds? Slash the welfare budget down to a trickle, or scrap it altogether. And he means all of it. Childcare, healthcare, homeless shelters, even corporate welfare…all of it will need to go. With the economy very firmly stuck in the slump as of now, this seems like a very bad proposition. Not to say he’d go through with the plan as it sits, since it’s likely somebody might reign him back a bit, but it definitely sets a dangerous precedent.

Bless him his heart’s in the right place. He wants to bring Eikangaard onto the world stage as a power to be respected. The problem is his plans would go about it in the wrong way. Maybe it’s a fiery rhetoric instilled in him by his compatriots in the tanker corps, but the risk that we could see millions of citizens thrown out on their rears in their time of greatest need is worrying. Regardless, his claim to the throne, with Krissal still in the running, is quite weak. Though not quite as week as his youngest sibling…

--- Line of Succession ---
Princess Cannin – Underaged Underdog

The last of the royal siblings, Cannin is the last in line for the throne. Now you might be wondering; “Who in blazes is Princess Cannin?” Well that’s probably because you probably know her better as Sh00pSh0t_26, avid gamer and social-media sensation. Routinely livestreaming platform Sunwhich, she keeps her royal status a bit of a secret, preferring to give the political spotlight to her two older siblings. It’s not surprising considering she’s only seventeen, and her under-aged status weakens her claim even further than her brother’s. Despite this, she’s unintentionally cultivated a bit of a political following as well, likely due to her online popularity. Having tuned into some of her livestreams, you can’t really deny that the kid has talent for public speaking, and her own comments on government transparency likely didn’t hurt either.

And she’s also a bit of an outspoken critic of her siblings. She’s gone on record calling Krissal a “drunken idiot with no more self-respect” and Derrig “Blind little moron getting strung along by his army buddies”. Keep in mind that these were the nicest quotes we could find, a lot of them were far more…colorful, shall we say.

That said it’s kind of hard to pin down exactly what her plan would be should she assume office, and even if she had one, her reign would be marked by Parliament assuming direct command of the government until she turned eighteen and came of legal age. Simply put, her lack of time in the spotlight is her greatest weakness, and would result in the race for the throne turning into more of a popularity contest rather than an actual political debate.

With this we conclude our look into the three royal siblings, but this doesn’t mean we’re done with the race for the throne. Next week, we’ll be taking a look at the people you’ve likely never heard of that could find themselves at the helm of our great nation. Until then, we wish you a wonderful day!

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Press Release - Press Secretary Cynthia L. Frezno

Office of the Executive Minister of Layfet

Executive Minister Edmond Dantes and the administration are working hard to ensure that progress is made across the country and abroad and has instructed me to provide information relating to these efforts.

-on the rumors that the Executive Minister Dantes intends to resign, we at the administration are informing the public that these rumors are simply false. Dantes has no intention to resign and plans to finish his term. He will not seek reelection however.

-There no definitive answer as to Layfet joining the commonwealth, Executive Minister Dantes has merely expressed interest in joining to increase economic relations, plus it would take an act of congress in order for Layfet to join the organization.

-on the rumors that Layfet and UIN are operating within the POD, we must say that these rumors are also false, Layfet will take steps in the USA in order to prevent POD from using nuclear weapons.

-Layfet will recognize Konetya as a independent state.

-The Embassy of Sunrisisa, while close the Nordipolica International Airport will not be placed adjacent to the Sunrisia-Layfet Friendship Garden, that Garden will be place among all other Friendship gardens near the airport.

-Executive Minister Dantes has indeed purchased a 2018 NMW Stargazer but using his personal funds and not any taxpayer dollars.

- Layfet has no plans to join either the VU or the MDAA

- Executive Minister Dantes will speak about the increase of Sunrisian ships in Layfet at a later date.

Thank you, and if you have any questions please send them the Director of Layfet State Affairs, Fraiser Crane.

Cynthia L. Frezno
Press Secretary

Eikangaard
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eikangaard » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:35 pm

War Declared : Parliament Passes Motion to Support Molenston

The ongoing conflict in Ziamban and the Bohin has be a consistent fixture in headlines around the world, more so now with Rhodevus' announcement of it's involvement. However, a motion to support a humanitarian mission in Molenston by the Royal Union of Eikangaard was stalled in Parliament after King Garnaren was rendered incapable. Today the motion, title "Bill-704 - Humanitarian Relief for Molenston" was thrown out in favor of "Bill-746 : Military Intervention in Molenston-Bohin War" in the face of mounting atrocities carried out by the Bohi on Molenstoni civilians. This second bill was passed by a vote of 136 to 64, and an official declaration of war was issued to the Bohin.

The bill called for the immediate deployment of the 14th Battalion to the region to assist allied forces in repelling the Bohin and would include 66 tanks from the 22nd Armored Brigade. 22 Air Force TAR-39s will bolster the allies' air power. Additionally the Destroyer Nalkaad and its escort group are to be deployed to assist the allied fleet offshore of Bohi waters and would be placed under the provisional purview of current force commanders. General Narin Golstig will oversee deployment of Eikan forces in Molenston.

"I want to make it clear," said Secretary of Defense, Miggel Tons. "We do not take the wanton murder of civilians lightly, nor do we understate the severity of a declaration of war. However in this case our hand is forced. The atrocities in Molenston at the hands of the Bohin cannot continue unpunished. At this stage there is only one course of action that we of a respectable nation can undertake. If it means putting boots on the ground then, by god, we will do so."

Librira
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Librira » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Libra World Times

Your Source for Local, National, and International news

Army and Navy Conduct Joint Drills

Libra
Today, as part of its quarterly readiness Exercise, the Libriran Navy and Army went head to head for the first time in 2 years. The 'battle' took place in Aker bay around the small Island of Korkuska, long since used by the Military as a training grounds, it made an excellent setting for the scenario set forth in this quarters drills. The Scenario this time was to measure the Navy's and by extension the Marine's ability to launch and support an Amphibious invasion, either of a foreign territory or to recapture Libriran territory. The Army was tasked to defend against such an invasion. The excercise involved ships of the 1st patrol group, and troops of the 1st Marine Rifle Divison, fighting against the 354th Rifle Regiment and the 540th Engineers brigade providing support. The battle began in 0300 when the sound of the Navies simulated shore bombardment shook the army units awake, who had not been informed when the exercise was beginning. The Exercise lasted 4 days, and was eventually won by the Navy and Marines, though not until the last day, when a concerted attack with their remaining armor finally broke the back of the army units. Commanders on both sides praised the exercise as an excellent learning opportunity both for themselves, and their men, all the way up to the top brass. One notable thing the Army cited as the reason they lost was their lack of heavier armored units to counter the marines light tanks and APCs, The army units only had a few IFVs and other light vehicles, along with portable ATGM launchers, and portable Anti-tank weapons with which to combat the Marines armor advantage. The Navy meanwhile said this exercise shone a light on many of the challenges facing amphibious invasions, and the ability of dug in defenders to hold them off fairly easily, even though lacking in armor of their own. The Army commander during the Excercise, General Fedoranov said he would challenge the navy to a rematch so he could beat them this time. The Navy's commander, rear-admiral Dordanov said he would accept it if the Army put up more of a fight, which elicited dirty looks from the Army commanders. The Secretariat of Defense said that its possible another exercise similar to this could be held soon, as part of a program in increase readiness Military-wide, while praising both sides of the excercise and mentioning the benefits how realistic excercises like this allow the military to adopt an effective doctrine and procedure to take out any threat which may face the nation.

Marines offload from a transport during the Excercise

In Other News:
Eikangaard Enters conflicts in Molenston

TransWing Flight 152 brought down by fake parts

Rhodeve Commonwealth wargames soon; the full scoop
Last edited by Librira on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Librira is a Democratic-Syndicalist nation
Sunalaya's Corentian Nationalist - Corentia is the Superior Continent!
Member of Sunalaya
Information, If you like.

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:21 am

David George's Administration Moves to Seek Direct Rule Over Goldwyn

The Goldwynian Parliament has been in deadlock for about a month now

As talks have failed between the political parties in the Goldwynian parliament and out on the streets with protesters, the central government has requested the senate to give the government domestic legislative control over Goldwyn.

The Social Democrats and Liberation Party have both refused to accept the new Prime Minister of Goldwyn, Jefferson Picc, as leader of Goldwyn due to the previous Prime Minister being involved in a tax scandal and resigning.

Both opposition parties have called for a snap election. However, the leading Democracy Party has achieved its first ever majority in Goldwyn and will not let it go easily.

The state parliament is currently defunct with legislation unable to pass due to the SDP and LP boycotting parliamentary sessions in protest. Late October, Julien Piccard, leader of the Liberation Party, joined demonstrations against the Democracy Party in the streets of Whitemount. These demonstrations and protests have brought Goldwyn to a standstill and the November riots are having a profound effect on business in Goldwyn.

The ruling national coalition of the Democracy Party, Christian Democrats and Popular Front are all in agreement that no snap elections should occur in Goldwyn due to the "impending political chaos both domestically and nationally".

Julien Piccard has issued a statement stating that the political establishment is "degrading Goldwynian autonomy" and "moving to forcefully integrate the native French populace" into "Greater Capsland".

The cross-party talks have all failed and the continued pressure from the central government and senate are quickly escalating the parliamentary crisis in Goldwyn into a constitutional nightmare.

Government to Seek Closer Ties with MDAA

The government has announced that they are in the hopes that Capsland can lead its way into the MDAA and become a full member by the end of the year.

Talks have no been announced yet but it is known that the Christian democrats are likely to lead discussions on behalf of the government when the time comes to meet with MDAA members to discuss Capsland's role in the alliance.

The government has already pledged its forces and its blessing to the Pantorran government in their recent conflicts and is now using the alliance between the two nations - that was declared earlier this year - to get a fast tracked position into the MDAA.

However, the Popular Front, has been weary in joining talks for Capsland to join the MDAA. They are not alone with other parties such as the SDP, GLA and SB declaring their opposition to the move. The Popular Front however is in the government coalition with the Democracy Party and the Christian Democrats so naturally gets a large say in where Capsland will move next. The opposition is calling for a parliamentary vote and senatorial ratification for the talks to be legally binding in Capslandian law and with the Popular Front's current tentative stance it is likely that the government will concede this vote to parliament in due time.

In other News
- Royal Capslandian Army ready for cooperation with Pantorran army
- Is Capsland on the verge of a food price crisis?
- The housing crisis: 10 years on
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Engleberg
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:52 pm

Abwehr's 10th Most Wanted Foreign Criminals Found and Arrested

Colonel Markhus Gerheis' Picture from the Famous Wanted Posters

Foulkesmill, Longwrescheck -- After decades of being wanted by the Schutzpolizei and Abwehr, former Colonel Markhus Gerheis has been arrested by members of the Longwrescheck An tArm Náisiúnta and Schutzarmee. The arrest came about this morning after leads had been discovered by the Abwehr three months ago from various sources within Longwrescheck. Colonel Gerheis has been detained in the Friedrichsland Imperial Prison, and will be extradited to the Englean Kaiserreich for trial by both a military and civilian court. So far there have been groups speaking against his trial, for Gerheis is currently 87 years of age and will be becoming 89 next month. The groups state that although he had done his crimes when he was younger, he is currently "too old" to be tried. Officials from the Reichsoberhandelsgericht have stated that Gerheis is in a stable mental condition and is capable of understanding the difference between right and wrong, along with the ability to differentiate between reality and what is not.

Colonel Gerheis has been a known name within the society of Longwrescheck for his actions under the occupation by Ros Cre and his involvement in governing the state currently known as Friedrichsland. Gerheis was formerly a member of the Rezuan occupying force during its time on the Schiffbrecher Islands until he defected to the invading forces of Ros Cre and became an officer within their ranks. A believer in the communist ideology, Gerheis had a personal hatred of those who did not conform with the communist method of thinking and often persecuted those who he did not believe shared his ideals. Effectively creating his own nation within the Roscrean occupation, he made various laws that resembled those established within the USJR and would go about enacting policies that would create the "ultimate communist utopia" and "ultimately free the workers from the crimes of the Western world." During this time, he established prisons that would be used to dispose of "unwanted individuals of society" where these peoples would not be heard from again. Upon the time of Operation Schiffbrecher, Gerheis would ultimately personally see the deaths of up to 3500 prisoners and rebel fighters. When the state was liberated, Gerheis disappeared for the next 40 years. His arrest today was through the actions of Abwehr sources who discovered his location in a small town not far from Shipwreck Lagoon. More information on his charges will be updated in two days, when he is expected to be seen in court.

Kaiserreich Announces Two "Steps Forward," Reichsrat Releases Imperial Award Nominations

Today marks a large step within the office of governour of the States of Sachsen and Prussia, with the Kaiser permitting the office to be held by those of non-noble bloodlines. Since the creation of the office of governour, the position has always been regulated by Article 67 of the Articles of Minor Offices to the nobility of the Kaiserreich. At the request of King Wilhelm II of Prussia, the Kaiser and the Reichsrat investigated within the allowance of non-royals into the position of governour. Both determined that this change would not be detrimental to the Empire, and therefore the Kaiser approved of the repeal of Article 67 within the states of Prussia and Sachsen. The repeal will take effect on Tuesday, and therefore all candidates wishing to become governour of Prussia or Sachsen may apply for the approval of the King of each respective State.

In other news, the Kaiserreich will be welcoming the fifth operational "Generation III" nuclear reactor within the State of Waldeck-Preusstadt. This reactor is housed within the Reichskernkraftwerk Mehn, and will officially be opened upon approval of the Reichsministerium für Umwelt und Reaktorsicherheit. This generation of nuclear reactors has been praised for its improved economics, enhanced safety and thermal efficiency, and improved technology in regards to fuel consumption. The reactor, named "RKKM-3" is housed next to "RKKM-1" and "RKKM-2," a generation II and generation III reactor, respectively. This reactor's completion will be complementing the recent discovery of a new uranium mine within the State, which is being tested for public safety before its opening.

As with the custom, the Reichsrat has announced the new foreign nominations for Englean awards. Every 5 years the Kaiser declares nominees from various foreign nations, and the nominees are granted two months to decide whether or not to accept the awards. Those who do will be invited to the Imperial Awards Ceremony within Engelberg, where they will be presented their award from the Reichskanzler.

This year's nominees are;

• President William Pearce of Pantorrum; Nominated for the Order of the Red Shield for his Actions within Konetya
  • Queen Karen Pearson of Belantica; Nominated for the Order of the Red Shield, Order of the Kaiserreich, and the Kriegskreuz 2nd Class
  • Queen Diana Wolff of Rhodevus; Nominated by King Wilhelm II of Prussia for the Kriegskreuz 2nd Class for Actions Against the Bannerless Brotherhood and in Molenston
  • Empress Ymira of Rezua; Nominated by former King Konrad II for the Kriegskreuz 2nd Class and the Order of the Kriegsadler
  • Imperial President Joseph Mannersteck of Longwrescheck; Nominated for the Order of the Red Shield

Last edited by Engleberg on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates