NATION

PASSWORD

Sunalayan News {SUNALAYA ONLY!}

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Varosa
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Varosa » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:26 pm

Varosi News Network

It's Christmas!

Christmas tree near a nature park after a blizzard

It's Christmas season, meaning that the year will end with a festive touch. Even as bad things happen we always end the year with a happy festive touch. Perhaps this a way for many of us to forget what has happened through the year?

Anyhow, Varosa continues it's tradition to nationally celebrate the month together with warmth. Even though Varosa itself does not get as much snow as other nations it appreciates all it can get.

All we can say is to have a happy end of the year and never forget the good times.

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:35 pm

THE GONZO
Reporting The News That Nobody Else Would, In A Non-Traditional Way
When Karen, Some Cops, And A Consulate Force Out Krump's Troops From Ventura City
By Gerald Webber

Alas! I was able to get to somewhere that it would be okay to say my name freely. That "Duke Crimson" name was just an alias I've created to cover up myself, the one and only Gerald Webber, or better known as "Dr. Gonzo", to many of my fans and readers from around the globe. Now the reason why I had that name was mainly to keep myself anonymous until I was able to get somewhere safer. And then Ventura City became a place that was 100% Krump-free, thanks to the efforts of Karen Pearson and the great officers of the VCPD, not only keeping things safe, but protecting people's rights. Also, if you weren't paying attention, a local consulate in this fine, insane, and beautiful city, also did a part in getting rid of forcing out Krump's personal bully-squad from the damn place. This consulate was a Rezuan one, and from what I recall from a recent article from there, their government lost contact with their people here on our soil, which of course makes Krump look even more shady than before, that combover bastard!

Unfortunately, I arrived later to the action and wasn't able to see it first hand since I was traveling to this place in the Red Shark, my trusty red convertible, with everything I needed to do my work: a couple changes of clothes, my .44 magnum for when it gets crazy, my typewriter for various reasons, a camera, several bags of grass, and whatever I have in my bag full of uppers and downers, swingers and screamers. Not that I needed all of that, but I took it with me since it's worth some moolah and my serious collection. However when I got there, I was able to get a hold of some of the brave should who were there, driving out the barbarians sent out by a man that's driven by greed and his ego, which is the norm for any politicians from New Albany, but this one had done goofed.

As it went, according to various people, it all started last night, where the one and only Karen Pearson was handed over the power to command after the police chief of Ventura City decided to resign after the chaos that ensued earlier, feeling as though he lost control. And for reasons, he choose Pearson to be his successor, giving her access to the keys of the PD's arsenal of toys that I will never have the opportunity in my lifetime to play with. At that moment, it was believed that she decided that in order to protect the innocent, that it would be up to those in the VCPD and the Sheriff's department to restore order and freedom that Krump's martial law has taken away. Remember, Karen was the one who managed to pit the major crime syndicates in the city to go against each other, virtually eliminating that problem. So some time after midnight, those cops decided that is was time to roll out, and begun the process of purging the city from a fascist government using whatever they could get their hands on, and stealing it from said fascist government like true rebels. Now, many say that they had a disadvantage in terms of numbers and equipment, but according to inside sources, their advantages to having better training on how to use weapons and better knowledge of this concrete jungle's nooks and crannies helped them out significantly.

But it's time to segway into the tidbit about the Rezuan consulate located on the central island, where most of the fighting happened. Now, I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone who worked there, but I was able to find someone who lives in that part of town, a man named Mark Jacobs. Mark saw the whole thong happen right outside his window, and was able to get a few photos and I believe a video during the confrontation. Now, what he saw was while the rest of the city was being liberated, there was some military units in the area of the consoloate, so while everyone else was tied down dealing with the freedom fighters, the military, for some reason, decided to swarm this consulate and hold the people working there hostage without setting foot on their grounds, which looked like a way to intimidate them. It was unclear who issued the order to surround the building, but for the next hour, they didn't budge or plan on letting them out, blocking the driveway with a jeep. It was when it looked like Krump's army had it under control, a swarm of individuals seemed to pop out of the shadows, and decimate the Krump forces to nothing. It turns out these folks wearing all black was the VCPD, sending in their SRT to clear out the hostiles. Jacobs believed that the consulate had sent out a distress signal to the PD, and in response, Pearson sent down some elites to free the consulate from being a hostage on their own grounds. About an half an hour according to Jacobs, a motorcade made up of police vehicles rolled, with a black sports car in the midst that belonged to Pearson, who stepped out and talked to the head of the consulate.

To me, it seems very bizarre that this all happened in the course of 24 hours, but now, the city seems to be out of the darkness and back to where it was before. When I entered town, people were celebrating, waving flags and poster with anti-Krump posters. Block parties everywhere, people dancing on the roofs of buildings and cars, and those who wear black and the badge keeping a peaceful but protective eye over the city that they have fought hard to bring back to it's proper state. It had the vibe of having a massive weight being lift off the city, being able to breathe easy and go back to doing it does best, keeping it real and truthful to living free. I came in at the right time, and it is a way for me to finally get this information out there to tell the world about Krump's asshole moves and that if your push too many people's buttons, they will bite back. Now, I now that the Rezuans are wondering what's going on, and that the Sunrisians have taken an interest, so all I have to say is when nobody else is brave enough to report the actual truth, there is more than you need to know. But hey, in this world, it's hard to keep secrets now, especially now that I have spilled the beans on Winston and his devil-like behavior. Whenj I get a chance, I will get talk to Karen herself, the brains behind this beautiful sight. Is she hated by some? Yes. Is she loved by many? You bet. Is she able to lead? Pretty well. Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up running this country and fixing the mess.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Soursis
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Soursis » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Prime Minister Declared National Security Risk; Forced to Resign

The world has closely watched as Prime Minister Joseph Walsh rapidly slipped into what many have described as "a humorous insanity". Following the devastating tsunami over a week ago, the Prime Minister's remarks have been described as "inappropriate, but at least entertaining" by media around the world. The fiasco started when the Prime Minister declared war on the ocean, claiming the god of the seas Tangaroa was behind the tsunami. He described it not as a tragic accident caused by natural disaster, but rather a "carefully planned sneak attack on Soursis by an angered Tangaroa." Although in a time of tragedy, many in Soursis were able to laugh at the remarks due to the persistent humour found in so many Soursisians. Despite the humour in the situation, Parliament grew concerned at the increasingly erratic behaviour of the ageing Prime Minister which sparked them to vote late last week on restricting the Prime Minister's duties until he was evaluated for his mental health.

The humour in the situation quickly disappeared when the Prime Minister issued a statement in the early hours of Tuesday morning. In it, he stated that it has been revealed to him that he is the human incarnation of Auahitūroa, god of comets and fire, and his wife Mahuika, goddess of fire, has also been born into a human incarnation. He revealed the human incarnation of Mahuika is Princess Christina of Rezua, and the two must be united in marriage. He stated that once the two were married as their human incarnations they would be able to wage war against the oceans and Tangaroa, with fire beating water. Although the Princess' official response has not been released by either Rezuan or Soursisian sources, it has been confirmed the Princess declined Walsh's offer of marriage, which led to an outburst of anger.

Following this outburst of anger, Prime Minister Walsh issued a statement late last night that sparked an emergency meeting of Parliament. In it, he stated his wife Mahuika has been poisoned by Tangaroa and is now working in league with him, and that the nation must fight against all of its enemies - including the nation of Rezua. He stated Rezua's government is working in league with Tangaroa to destroy Soursis but that he could not let this to prevail. He also declared war on Minarchismusland, stating they were working in league with the god Rūaumoko, god of earthquakes, to cause the Tsunami. He stated these gods are "all angered that he and his wife Mahuika were given the chance to be born as humans to better the Earth, and thus began to work together to poison her mind and to destroy Soursis." Parliament quickly issued a formal apology to both governments and stated "Soursis cannot go to war without consent of Parliament and King. We are not at war, and consider both nations in friendly light. We ask that they ignore the Prime Minister's remarks and to not take them seriously." The announcement also stated his mental health concerns have now become a national security threat.

Parliament officially voted during the emergency hours on a vote of no confidence. It passed unanimously, the first time in Soursis' history of independence. Governor-General Sir Peter Mateparae, who represents the King in Soursis, quickly gave it assent and appointed J.T. Foster as the new Prime Minister. J.T. Foster, who has served as Deputy Prime Minister for the past 3 years, will finish the final year running up to the 2017 General Elections. Parliament also voted on sectioning Joseph Walsh - detaining him for mental health treatment under the Mental Health Act. It has been stated Mr. Walsh has shown he does not understand the recent events, and continues to insist that he is the Prime Minister. He believes his detainment in hospital is imprisonment by Tangaroa. Mental Health experts will continue to work with him to try and ease the transition into retired life easier for him.
Hi. I'm Cian.
I'm a gaeilgeoir.
*spooky as Gaeilge*
Did I scare you?
... Labhair Gaeilge liom! Le do thoil.

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Breaking News Bulletin:

Creation of Special Task Force

In response to the recent security situation in Ventismar, President Grimpen Mortimer finalized the creation of the Special Task Force. The STF is an elite military unit designed to respond to crisis's in urban situations not only within the USJR, but globally. Created with divisions from the Sixth People's Field Army, the task force's mandate deals with a variety of high risk issues, including terrorism, nuclear weapons, biological weapons, chemical weapons and urban unrest. It is expected that the STF will conduct drills in front of the media to show off these skills to nations around the world. Comissinar Isaac Leon has also moved with several nations to discuss how the USA can deal with these global threats.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Umbrellya
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbrellya » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:21 pm

NEWLY ORGANIZED NATIONAL DISTRICTS ADJUST ALERTNESS

CZESKAWA - With continental terrorist attacks slowly becoming less frequent, Umbrellya's newly drawn national districts are adjusting the overall security regulations and restrictions within their own jurisdictions. Notably, most districts have abolished curfews, with the exception being the Czarnabi and Portstadt districts.

Map indicating levels of alertness in newly created federal districts.

Following the events of the November Portstadt terrorist attacks, Umbrellya was divided into 20 political zones: or "Districts". These districts were established to increase the level of efficiency when isolating and processing the potential perpetrators of the attacks, as well as to prevent further terrorist action from occurring. Prime Minister Gdańsk mentioned that the zones were created to diminish chances of a "nuclear detonation" in Umbrellya, as reports claim a device/object with nuclear capabilities is likely hidden within Ventismar currently. These zones will be able to manage all incoming traffic within their jurisdictions without legally being liable for civilian charter infringements.

Several political members of PSUN allegiances have suggested that the districts were designed to minimize the effort and work needed for the federal administration to "disadvantage" Kaelician communities. This was backed up by several reports of "unjust" arrests and searches by federal policing services. One arrestee told reporters that he was "violently detained and beaten" after surrendering to police following a grand theft offense. He is currently awaiting trial where his expected sentence will be 4 years; which he plead not-guilty to.

The Umbrelliet federal government has affirmed that these districts will remain as transportational, political, and economic boundaries until such a time has come where they are found to be obsolete; in which Umbrellya will return to its original state, prior to the Portstadt terrorist attacks.
Things about me!
PRO: capitalism, liberalism, religion, free speech, business, West, choice, same-sex rights, egalitarian, free market
ANTI: far-left politics, far-right politics, social justice warriors, globalism

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:52 pm

General Ads to Resign

~P.O.D. International Broadcasting

Several hours ago, General Ads announced that he would be resigning from his position as Commander in Chief of The Dictatorship. According to The General Staff, General Ads believes himself unable to continue as the national leader without putting his own interests before the interests of The Dictatorship. As such, General Ads will be the first national leader in our history to step down from the position.

In accordance with the Mandated Succession Act of 1852, it has been determined that a new national leader will be elected. This will be the first Commander in Chief to be elected to the position since Erich Laurenz was elected in 1843. A full pulling of every citizen, fourteen years of age and above, will occur throughout the week prior to General Ads' scheduled retirement. The General Staff member to hold the majority of votes will be elected to the position.

As the law indicates, only current General Staff members, under the Stratocracy Act of 1846, are applicable to be voted for as the Commander in Chief. Further, according to the Mandated Succession Act of 1852, should a member of the General Staff wish to remain off of the ballot, the General Staff member in question would be required to retire. The Mandated Succession Act also states that one only needs a simply majority vote to secure his position as Commander in Chief.

With relations with Rhodevus dropping to levels unseen since Rhodevus attempted to colonize the communities, it was a random poll of ten thousand persons that indicated this will likely be the largest considered issue.

When those being polled were asked, they said that they would support the GS member who would be "hard on Rhodevus". As many as four thousand going as far as to suggest that The Dictatorship should invade Rhodeve territory and "bring them to their knees." Though hatred for Rhodevus and the USJR is becoming increasingly apparent, it is unlikely that any General Staff member would go to war unnecessarily.

When interviewed concerning the situation, General Ads had the following to say:

"It is likely that the citizens are going to want someone who will be strong yet reserved. They are going to want a leader comparable to General Redguage, or General Rader. They want somebody that will once again command the respect of the international community. While I am aware that people will want to send the communists back to the pit, there is only one applicable man who would do so unprovoked, and they are far too afraid of him. Make no mistake, General Bakersfield would do his best to destroy the communists, but he would kill us all in the process. We need someone that the people can trust to do what's right, regardless of the international community. They need someone who will only go to war when absolutely necessary. Someone who will take them back to the diplomacy of General Rader. While people may want someone like General Bakersfield to lead the nation in a war against the immorality of Rhodevus and their colonies, they are far too afraid of him to elect him. It is likely that they will elect General Jacobs. While Jacobs may not have the political wisdom demonstrated by General Rader or General Redguage, he will be willing to follow in their steps."
Last edited by The Dictatorship POD on Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defensive Condition
Current Def-con level: Def-Con 0
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:28 pm

General Ads Announces Resignation: The Dictatorship POD To Finally Have Elections

Sunalaya has witnessed historical news today that serve almost as a positive miracle right before the holidays. General Ads, the Commander-In-Chief of the Dictatorship POD, has announced a voluntary resignation from his position as the long-time leader of one of the most controversial countries in Sunalaya. It was accepted as a sign of good will that it is time to finally transition towards a more progressive form of government and actually allow citizens to choose who will be governing their homeland. The resignation of General Ads, who has become the first national leader in the Dictatorship’s history to do so, not only gave hints that an appointment of a successor or even an election might be the possibility. As follow-up news to this historic event, it has been confirmed that the first election would take place in the Dictatorship since 1852, where the next Commander-In-Chief would actually be chosen. The Béâtídá administration welcomed this historic development in the Dictatorship and called it a step in the right direction. Additionally, President Sánît Béâtídá hinted that there is now hope again that the Sunrisian embargo and international sanctions against the Dictatorship may not remain a permanent strain after all. Nevertheless, despite the announcement of elections, an aggressive warmongering rhetoric against the USJR and Rhodevus still remains in the Dictatorship and has been popular not just among the political class, but also the propaganda-tortured citizens of that country. Additionally, there is still a concern for the human rights record in the Dictatorship. Therefore, President Béâtídá stated that there should be no quick jump to conclusions and that more positive changes in the Dictatorship should come, before there could be any talk about the lifting of the Sunrisian embargo against the Dictatorship.
Last edited by Sunrisia on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edereon
Envoy

Founded: Oct 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Edereon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Military coup overthrows monarchy and government in Edereon

We can now officially confirm that the democratically elected government of the Kingdom of Edereon is de facto no longer in control of the country. The newly declared National Council of Supremacy and Domination, along with elements of the Ederi Royal Armed Forces loyal to them, now hold all power in Edreon. Prime Minister Dac Antésigañ has been ousted, the parliamentary body dissolved, ministries had either been replaced with new staff or eliminated completely and all governing functions in Edereon are now fully being handled by the National Council with some powers being shared with the military, more than the armed forces should legally have. Moreover, His Highness King Glac Crustal IV and the Royal Family have been chased out of the country, despite formally playing no role in Ederi politics and the Constitution of Edereon has been amended by the National Council, giving not just it more power, but specifically to the individual leading it.

Since the military coup erupted and proceeded to unfold, country-wide live coverage of the event has been taking place throughout the night, all the way from start to finish. Unfortunately, the final result has been what was feared and the government of the people had fallen to the coup plotters. We watched as the capital slowly fell to the Ederi Royal Armed Forces with overwhelmed resistance by anyone, starting from anti-coup elements from the military itself, the police and the citizens. The capital was overrun along with a number of major cities in Edereon, which is why it was only a matter of time for other parts of the country to fall as well. It is still early to tell whether there was a strong division within the Ederi Royal Armed Forces and what percentage of it was for the coup and what percentage was against, because judging by some clashes during the coup, not all of the military was in favor of it. Judging by how easily the Ederi army was able to overtake the country, the logical conclusion would be that the majority of the military was in favor of the coup, thus the outnumbered elements of the army and police still loyal to the previous government, were quickly beaten. At the same time, the Ederi Royal Armed Forces have always been a strong power to be reckoned with, thus it is most likely that they could have carried out this coup even with a large resistance in front of them. Also, the military has long been loyal to the now-overthrown government and respectful of the Royal Family, so to think that it would now so radically turn against the existing democratic order in Edereon, is a bit strange.

During this coup tonight, we have observed a lot of scenes straight out of an action motion picture, cutting from one to another. Yet, to a highly surprising, fortunate and miraculous outcome, there had not yet been any reported deaths, however, many injuries had still been sustained among the coup plotters, the pro-government loyalist army and police, the civilians and any other groups involved in this coup turmoil. A lot has happened tonight, however, currently the most important questions interesting many are: if there are any casualties, what happened to the Royal Family and the government officials, who is in charge now and what’s next? Some of those questions we have already answered, some remain to be answered and some we have no answers to, as we ourselves are still shook by what has happened in our Edereon tonight.

His Highness King Glac Crustal IV and the Royal Family have been confirmed to be safe. As we had already reported earlier, when this was happening live, a large colon of tanks stormed the front yard of the Royal Palace by breaking through the gates and the fences, while the security was naturally no match for these machines, as bullets were bouncing off the tank armor like rubber. The tanks then proceeded to surround the Royal Palace in a wide perimeter, while the skies above it were being circled by the Ederi Air Force fighters. When all of this was happening, the Royal Family was evacuated through the back emergency exit and flown away in a helicopter. The Ederi army seemed to have no intention to actually destroy the Royal Palace as a national treasure and a historical artifact, hoping that the Royal Family inside may also perish, which is why soldiers simply stormed the building and secured it. For their safety, the exact current location of the Royal Family is currently being kept secret. Prime Minister Dac Antésigañ was reported to have been less lucky. Late in the evening, he was giving a speech at the parliament, when suddenly the parliamentary building was struck by missiles fired by the Ederi Air Force, clearly indicating that unlike with the Royal Family, there was an intent to kill everybody inside the parliamentary building. Emergency teams were able to rescue the Prime Minister, the parliamentarians and the staff before the building started crumbling and coming down. Fortunately, nobody has been killed once again, yet many had sustained injuries, which is why they had to be rushed to a hospital. Because the Ederi army was after them, it was not safe to remain in the capital, which is why many of the parliamentarians, the staff and Prime Minister Dac Antésigañ had to be transported to other cities of Edereon, which have not yet been overtaken by the coup wave and the military had less control there. For the same reasons as with the Royal Family, the current location of the Prime Minister is being kept discrete, however, it is believed that he has been taken to receive emergency help abroad.

Because the events have all happened so fast and have only now freshly concluded, at least it seems to be so, it is yet unknown who is now de facto in charge of Edereon. What the National Council of Supremacy and Domination is and who is in it, the people do not know. The only more known figures among the coup plotters who are currently receiving the blame for all of this, are the generals and other officers in the Ederi Royal Armed Forces, who have been confirmed to have participated in this coup. Despite still remaining to be actually seen by the Ederi public, the new regime has already engaged in its first order of business, as the National Council has imposed a nationwide curfew and has ordered to put military forces on all national borders of Edereon, packing the land borders with the army, covering the territorial waters with the navy and increasing aerial policing, packing Edereon’s skies with jets and helicopters. In particular, specifically harsh militarization has been order for the Ederi–Sunrisian border and the military has moved large forces towards the four Sunrisian bases in Edereon with the likely goal to completely surround them and probably cage the soldiers there.

We are now forced to discontinue our broadcast, because the police has entered our building and warned us that the Ederi army is heading towards our station in order to disrupt our broadcast and we do not know what they are planning to do to us. The building staff has received orders to evacuate, including us. Which is why we will have to end our news at least for now and for an undetermined period of time. I ask our viewers to stay strong and to not be afraid, because we will overcome all of this. If there is a safe opening and a possibility, we promise to keep you updated and informed, however, in case we are unable to do that, we count on our colleagues to enlighten the public.

Minarchismusland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchismusland » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

IC: Brazziliania

Regent Fabrizio Costantini meets with Englean chancellor Rheinhold von Kluge in the Palácio de Marques e Silva, and announces alliance with the VSSA

Rheinhold in the Palácio de Marques e Silva

At this afternoon, the recently ellected chancellor of Engleberg, Rheinhold von Kluge, travelled to Brazziliania to have a meeting with regent Fabrizio Constantini. In the Palácio de Marques e Silva (one of the country’s two palaces used by the president, located in São Patrício, the other being called Palazzo Bianco and located in Casa del Re), Fabrizio and Rheinhold talked about the plans for Brazziliania’s future, including a possible alignment with the VSSA, a far-right power bloc. This fueled protests around the palace in São Patrício, but the police managed to control them.

When leaving back to the airport to return to Engleberg, a crowd started following von Kluge inside it, yelling “no to Engleberg!” in a mix of Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and even German. The Brazziliani police and Rheinrold's security guards, once again, stopped the protesters. Many of them were harmed and injured by non-lethal weaponry such as rubber bullets. Illegal Hasnaki immigrant Samir el-Khawaja, had his face sprayed on by a cop with pepper spray and was later temporarily arrested. He told Il Brazziliani that he was in the middle of the crowd, without harassing the Englean chanchellor, but was attack by a police office, and then caught by him. Authorities will decide on what to do with the illegal immigrant.

“Ave Constantini”

Later, at 10 pm, Fabrizio Constantini gave a speech on television, announcing that Brazziliania is going to join the VSSA for strategic purposes. This caused even more outrage across the country, but Fabrizio made it clear in the speech that his decisions are being taken “for the good of the nation”. Constantini affirmed that he will increase protecionism and limit foreign investments in the country, but assures that people from any ethnicity are going to be respected. “Some people are comparing me to Kiefer Schaper, the national socialist dictator of Minarchismusland during World War II, but this is not true”, he says. “Kiefer’s main error was to segregate black people and jews, but I can’t do this. Our proximity to Ziamban is much bigger than the rest of Ventismar, both geographically and culturally, and this is a clear fact. We all must unite as a single folk, and regain the glory from the past”, continued him on his populist affirmations.

While some people fear the Brazziliani government pushing even further to the right, others hope this will be finally the end for curruption in the country and its economical rebirth. Fabrizio also said a new constitution is being made, and a new parliament will also be formed soon.
Last edited by Minarchismusland on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Brazilian - Classical Liberal - INFP - Atheist

Minarchismusland's IIwiki page - Confidential OOC info - Political Compass

Inspired by: Switzerland, Germany, Argentina, Chile

Puppets: Brazziliania and Jojiania

Edereon
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edereon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:15 am

Edereon leaves MDAA

An altered version of the national flag has been raised over Edereon today, removing the cross which serves as an emblem representing Edereon’s religious heritage, and replacing it with a symbol meant to represent Ederi nationalism. By a unanimous decision of the National Council of Supremacy and Domination, this altered version from now on would serve as the new national flag of Edereon. On top of this news, the National Council has also prolonged the curfew, yet it has not yet specified for how long, saying that updates would come closer to this evening. Moreover, the military has been renamed from the Ederi Royal Armed Forces to the Ederi National Armed Forces, as one of the symbols of a transition taking place from a Kingdom to a more nationalist state.

The last bit of news that is grabbing people’s attention no less, has been another decision solely taken by the National Council and also not involving the citizens’ opinion, just like the previous three did not. The reason why that fourth decision is generating more controversy, is because it not only affects Edereon domestically, but also the country’s foreign policy and geopolitics. The National Council has decided that Edereon would be exiting the Miraya Defense Assistance Alignment (MDAA), a military alliance which Edereon has been a member of along with Sunrisia and Creperia. The decision was unanimous and the National Council issued an order to immediately complete all formal withdrawal procedures, whether Sunrisia and Creperia would accept them or not. First Secretary Réco Prímicér, who has been declared the new head of state, has explained the reason for Ederi exit from MDAA:

From now on, under this new leadership, Edereon will once again be pursuing an independent foreign policy based entirely on national interests. Membership in MDAA obliged us to cooperate militarily and swear to protect other countries, when instead we should be devoting 100% attention to our own country only and to the development of our military might and nuclear capabilities. MDAA placed an unwanted burden on us to supply humanitarian aid to the entire devastated world simply out of good will, while we get nothing in return but “thank you” and smiles. MDAA was ripping Edereon off and we were expected to just continue giving free aid to those around the world, who are unable to feed themselves or refrain from killing each other. They will just continue destroying themselves, because it is in their mentality. Whatever the situation is with other nations in this world, it does not matter to us, because the good of Edereon is not just our number 1, but our only priority. Moreover, an Ederi soldier will never be placed in combat for another country and since that is MDAA’s primary purpose, then we do not belong in that organization. This is a moment where we are throwing political correctness out the window and saying things as they are. We do not care for a single other nation in this world, but our own, and Ederis are a sacred and superior nation to us. We will always place Ederis first and from now on, we will rule Edereon with a leadership based on nationalist principles, reinforcing Ederi sacredness and superiority to us. We are also a nation deserving of glory, so once the foreigners are kicked out of our land and enemies of the state are punished, our new journey towards triumph will begin.

Shortly after the announcement by the First Secretary, the Ederi National Armed Forces has been seen carrying out a military build-up on the Ederi–Sunrisian border, while the army has also moved forces towards the four Sunrisian bases in Edereon. It has not yet been announced what specific purpose has this move been carried out for, however, theories have developed that the National Council either seeks to expel the Sunrisian soldiers, deter the Sunrisian army from trying to influence the outcome of the coup or both.

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 pm

!!!JUMP TO DEF-CON SIX!!!

After the recent announcement of General Ads' resignation, the Body of Inter-Community Representatives have voiced their concern of national defense at this time. A common concept among BICR officials is that the international community may perceive this situation as a prime opportunity to impose a change within The Dictatorship. As this belief is shared among the BICR, the GS, and the Inter-Community Court, the concept is not being taken lightly. Following the General Staff's decision to move to Defensive Condition Six, martial law has been declared and a mandatory draft is being considered.

For the duration of the election process, it has been determined that all Local Law Enforcement personnel, Emergency Medical Response units, and Fire Prevention And Control units will be placed on high alert. All hospitals, schools, airports, bus stations, train stations, maritime transit companies, detention facilities, mental institutions, and banks will place their private security personnel. SWAT units are mobilizing to secure every hospital as well as to reinforce every LLE and FPAC facility, STAR units are being deployed to every airport and bus station, and RRTF units are reinforcing detention facilities, which will also be placed under a lock down nationwide. Travel throughout the nation is being heavily monitored, while travel between the eight communities is being restricted. The entirety of The Dictatorship's military has been mobilized and the boarders have been completely locked down. All air traffic and maritime activity has been restricted to military activity only. All foreign POD controlled facilities have been placed on high alert and all embassies within The Dictatorship are being monitored. And as a final measure, any tourist in the nation are being ordered to remain within their hotels.

After the election process has come to an end, martial law will be lifted and the Defensive Condition level will be brought back to zero.

!!!THIS IS AN ADVISORY INTERNATIONAL ALERT!!!
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Sunrisia Reacts To Coup D'Etat In Edereon

Despite the good news of one of world’s strictest dictatorship countries – POD, finally opening itself up to elections again, there have also recently been some turbulent events on the international arena. Sunalaya has recently experienced two military coups, one in Brazziliania and another in Edereon. Due to how recent it was, the international effect it will have, as well as what it means for Sunrisia, tonight we will be focusing on the Ederi coup.

The military coup in Edereon has come as a surprise out of nowhere, however, after looking at the situation more closely, the Béâtídá administration is now suggesting that the regime change in the neighboring country might have been a long-term plan that has only now been executed. Based on what is currently known about the situation without deeper analysis, the Ederi Royal Armed Forces, which have been renamed into the Ederi National Armed Forces, have turned against the Ederi government and even monarchy. There seemed to not have been any reason for it at first, however, it happened, which is why there might have been a secret reason behind it after all. From what is known now, the coup has fortunately not claimed any lives, however, it nearly caused the incumbent Prime Minister Dac Antésigañ his and nobody knows what might have happened to the Royal Family in case it had not been evacuated before the army stormed the Royal Palace. The power over the country is now being held by the National Council of Supremacy and Domination led by First Secretary Réco Prímicér. The new regime bases itself on highly controversial xenophobic and nationalistic rhetoric that tries to manipulate the public through hatred and fear. Before the National Council could overhaul the entire Ederi media, the remaining independent sources left in the country have reported the National Council’s earliest deeds, saying that it has dissolved the parliament, replaced or terminated all the ministries, changed the Constitution and assumed all the basic governing powers in Edereon. Based on the systematic changes that the new regime has carried out so far, it is not even clear whether the Kingdom of Edereon is still in existence as it no longer resembles the country it was before and the system that currently rules it is also difficult to determine.

Almost immediately after the coup prevailed, the National Council militarized Ederon’s borders, in particular the one it shares with our country and the military has then proceeded to head closer towards the 4 military bases of Sunrisia that our country possesses on Ederi soil at the invitation of the previous leadership that has now been overthrown in this coup. Originally, this action was not explained, but today, First Secretary Réco Prímicér of Edereon’s National Council has announced that the decision has been made for Edereon to exit the Miraya Defense Assistance Alignment or MDAA, a military alliance that Sunrisia is part of along with Creperia and, up until recently, Edereon, which has now withdrawn. The large military move towards our border and our bases had begun hours after the coup prevailed, yet no formal reason for it had been given at the time. Today, the announced Ederi withdrawal from MDAA and the phrase said by First Secretary Réco Prímicér in his announcement – “once the foreigners are kicked out”, has now made the Béâtídá administration regard it as a hint to Sunrisian withdrawal from Edereon, even though the National Council has not made a formal request for Sunrisians to leave yet. Also, with the move towards the Sunrisian border and our military bases having taken place before Edereon’s announced departure from MDAA and just hours after the coup prevailed, the popular theory is that this was done in order to intimidate the Sunrisian forces and “deter” them from becoming involved in the situation in any way. When placing the Sunrisian forces in Edereon, their order was to stay out of the country’s political affairs and focus only on national security threats to Edereon, which is why involvement in the crisis would have been against the initial orders and was ruled out from the start, unless a massacre would have started, which is when the government might have given additional orders to protect lives. The administration believes that “deterrence” was used an excuse to surround Sunrisian bases and start a military build-up on the common border between Sunrisia and Edereon.

What is currently known and is most important to our government and people so far, is that there are Sunrisian soldiers threatened in Edereon and that an unprovoked military build-up is taking place on the Ederi side of the Ederi–Sunrisian border, which also places our homeland in danger. Therefore, the nation is now awaiting response from the government of Sunrisia. In addition, the media is also asking the Béâtídá administration on whether MDAA’s collective defense assurances against threats, which include internal and external ones, could have applied in case of the current Ederi crisis, which has erupted when Ederon was still a member of the alliance. To answer all burning questions, President Sánît Béâtídá gave an emergency address from the Presidential Palace, Aestin, where he gave a full Sunrisian national response to the situation:

First of all, Sunrisia will continue to support the legitimate order in Edereon chosen by and built based on the wishes of the Ederi people. A change of power by force in any country is always controversial, even when it happens at the hands of the citizens of that country, like it did in case of our very own Sunrisia. However, from what we know and what we saw, the case in Edereon was completely different. There were no protests, no demonstrations and no confrontation between the police and citizens on the streets of Edereon. Instead, from what we have seen, the picture of the scenario was of an armed seizure of power by the Ederi Military, which has removed the democratically-elected government and even a historic monarchy that Edereon has had for centuries. Right now, there is a group of unelected self-proclaimed individuals in charge in Edereon, who have made radical reforms on the same night they claimed authority and have given themselves all power over the country, which was previously held by a larger number of elected officials. Meanwhile, the Ederi citizens, had no voice in all of this and remain under a curfew, imposed during a coup and still continuing from what we know. Fortunately, nobody was killed, yet Sunrisia will definitely not be in favor of such radical and destructive actions. We would continue criticizing them, even if there were assurances that the National Council of Supremacy and Domination is a provisional leadership and that new elections may organized, however, we have no predictions for the situation so far, we do not know what the Ederi people think about this and so from what we heard, the crisis is not moving in any sort of a positive direction.

Next, in order to possess no unnecessary secrets and hopefully allow a lot of people to calm down, our administration can confirm that Prime Minister Dac Antésigañ and the Royal Family of Edereon are all safe and sound. Originally, the Ederi media reported that they are in an undisclosed safe location out of the army’s reach, however, this announcement was given when the Prime Minister and the Royal Family were still inside Edereon, in territories which had not yet fallen under the control of the army carrying out the coup. The Sunrisian side is confirming that the Prime Minister and the Royal Family are all safely inside the territory of Sunrisia, all in the national capital Aestin. Prime Minister Dac Antésigañ is receiving all necessary emergency medical aid, after the parliament building in Edereon had been hit by Ederi fighter jets with him inside of the building. Meanwhile, the Royal Family has been relocated to their new housing and now, along with the Ederi PM, they are all physically out of reach for the new Ederi regime and will be protected. In regards to the military build-up on Sunrisian borders, I have already addressed the parliament to receive permission for an identical kind of procedure and it is expected that the parliament will approve responsive action for our national security. The Sunrisian land forces will be placed on the common border with Edereon in larger numbers, the Sunrisian Naval Forces will move closer to the maritime boundary with Edereon and the Sunrisian Air Force will begin vast policing aerial policing of the skies bordering the Ederi airspace. In addition, we plan to initiate an urgent meeting with our remaining MDAA allies in Creperia and coordinate our actions for a response to the situation in Edereon and the tactics of its new Ederi regime. The exit of Ederon from MDAA will also be discussed and an analysis will be carried out on whether the crisis should have had MDAA collective defense obligations applying to it or whether it is an internal political issue, which MDAA does not possess the right to influence. Responding to the rhetoric of the National Council put forward by First Secretary Réco Prímicér, there is nothing wrong with placing extra importance on your nation’s people as they are the one who choose you and whom you have sworn to serve, however, in the context that the First Secretary has put it and the overall message that the man has sent, well….I have no comment on that. Based on how the National Council will treat the Ederi people and the country, it will have a direct impact on Edereon’s further relationship with Sunrisia and economic repercussions will very likely be a measure that will be used depending on how the situation will progress.

Finally, what currently concerns our people the most, which is our soldiers in Edereon. Sunrisia has 12,000 brave and loyal servicemen stationed in Edereon, operating in a total number of 4 bases that we possess on the territory of Edereon, a presence we established under the invitation of the previous government of Edereon. The fate of their continuing presence in Edereon will have to be negotiated and the legitimacy of the current Ederi regime will be brought into the question. Right now, their bases are surrounded by Ederi forces without provocation and in case a single soldier is harmed, there will be severe, severe consequences. The same applies to the build-up along Sunrisian borders. I am personally assuring in advance, that our soldiers will be safe and sound and that we will be focusing on keeping the route open for the rotation of the forces, so that soldiers may leave the base and be replaced by other servicemen, as it has been the ordinary procedure before.

In other news:

• Revolution of Rebirth to be declared a national holiday.

• Sunrisia continues work on reconverting former foreign military bases into domestic facilities for the Sunrisian Military.

• Military exercises planned in Ziamban (Aethiopia, Sunafrica) for regional security reassurance.

Creperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Creperia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:00 am

NATIONAL NEWS NETWORK

President Alcc Laēta: “MDAA is united in the face of Edereon”

In the Creperian–Sunrisian emergency dialogue over Edereon, President Alcc Laēta has reaffirmed that this is not the end and that the alliance will stand strong united

Following the recent turbulent events in Edereon, a country which is now a former member of the Miraya Defense Assistance Alignment (MDAA), President Alcc Laēta opened an emergency dialogue with the government of Sunrisia, specifically the country’s President Sánît Béâtídá, in order to discuss the response to the situation in a former MDAA country and decide on what happens to MDAA now. The two leaders did not yet have the time to meet in person, however, they had kept contact through phone conversations and video transmissions. Many were anxious to find out what would come of the discussion between the two Presidents, seeing to how nobody has been too sure on the turn that the situation would take in regards to geopolitical situation in Western Corentia and the fate of MDAA, depending on what the governments would agree to mutually decide on. After the series of contacts with Aestin, President Alcc Laēta came out to offer the words of calms and reassurance, claiming that the situation in Edereon and the overall MDAA alliance is unfortunate and unsupported by Miraya, yet, intimidation will not win and no destructive radical changes would proceed:

The fate of Ederi democracy has now been put in jeopardy and Creperia highly condemns that, as we believe that the true people’s government should be in power and not blossoming dictatorships making advances through coups and other methods of such nature. Until further notice and the positive development of events in Edereon, as well as the voiced stance of Ederi citizens on the matter, Creperia will continue to support legitimate rule and will pressure whatever leadership is in Edereon to respect the wishes of its people. We are happy that Prime Minister Dac Antésigañ and the Royal Family of Edereon are safe and we condemn any attempts that were made to harm them. We wish the Prime Minister quick and full recovery and the Royal Family to overcome the sense of fear and uncertainty, and we hope that those still inside Edereon will stay safe, whether they are politicians or ordinary citizens.

The coup in Edereon was fulfilled when Edereon was still a member state of MDAA. Shortly after they claimed power and carried out a collection of rushed and radical reforms, the National Council of Supremacy and Domination announced that Edereon is leaving MDAA. Legally, nothing stops a country to willingly withdraw from the alliance and any member is free to do so, however, what puts this particular case in question is the fact that the decision to exit MDAA has been made by a leadership that freshly came to power after a coup, instead of an elected government that preceded it. Also, that important and rushed decision directly impacting Edereon’s national security, was made without asking the Ederi people in any form. No referendum, no debate or parliamentary vote, just a decision by the National Council. Nevertheless, the reality of the situation is as it is. Edereon has successfully departed and is no longer a member of MDAA as all former withdrawal procedures had been completed, yet the question remains standing on whether the people who have made that decision possess a Constitutional right to make such decision.

A popular question is whether MDAA could or should have done anything about the situation, as Edereon was still formerly a member of MDAA as the coup was going on. A valid point is that MDAA is a mutual defense alliance and we have included not just external threats to the security of members, but also internal ones, where collective defense obligations from MDAA as a whole would come in. However, internal political crises, even involving such radical possibilities as regime change, have not been included, because it is formally an internal political affair and MDAA has no right to strip its members of sovereignty by becoming involved in those affairs. As crazy as it was, the Ederi coup was a domestic political situation and MDAA rules could have applied at least in very extreme cases like genocide, which fortunately was not an issue. Ultimately, MDAA is meant to defend sovereign states and not governments. But still, even with that being said, MDAA will not abandon Edereon and will currently look at it as a former member that is in a difficult and uncertain situation.

Although Edereon has left, the rest of MDAA is still very much here and paradoxically, a former member is now acting as a potential adversary to the rest of the alliance by its behavior under the new leadership. We strongly condemn the reformed Ederi army threatening the Sunrisian soldiers still based in Edereon and will advocate for the safety of the soldiers whatever further decisions may come. However, we especially warn Edereon that provocative military action will receive a response, as the current build-up along the Ederi–Sunrisian border is a threat to the territory of MDAA alliance, if we were to regard it as a single subject. Edereon’s withdrawal is definitely not the end of MDAA and on the contrary, it has only recharged the alliance. Mutual defense obligations among remaining members are still there, allies remain united in solidarity and MDAA’s existence and effectiveness goes on. Whatever turn the situation takes further, the Creperian National Defense Force (CNDF) will stand with Sunrisia.

President Laēta tried to avoid mentioning it in his address, however, the government has begun seeing parallels between the current situation in Edereon and Creperia’s past experience. The administration believes that something more has happened in Edereon than just a regular coup and that it might somehow be related to the recent emergence of global terrorism around the world. Elaborating on the theory proposed by the Sunrisian President, the administration has speculated that the coup had been plotted for a very long time and has only now been carried out, when the world was distracted with terrorism in Western Ventismar and other parts of the world. There is a belief that something more is behind Edereon’s coup and the overall situation. Still, without solid proof, the theory has not been given much public attention or discussion.

Meanwhile, the President consulted with the Ministry of National Defense and has addressed the National Assembly to approve mutual military maneuvers with Sunrisia in response to Edereon. War games by the armies, navies and air forces of Creperia and Sunrisia are set to begin by the end of the week, with drills in particular being concentrated closer to Edereon’s borders.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Elections Loom Over Massive Scandals from Labor; Pre-Elections Polls and Approval Ratings show Labor has lost significant amounts of support Nationwide
Members of the Labor Party speaking about the recent scandals
As the Republics continues calming down, even in the midst of large events shifting the political landscape, the people of the SUR began to believe this will be the end of the bad times as they prepare for the 2016 National Congress Elections. For the most part, things had gone fine both inside and outside Avillon, internationally funded reconstruction programs are well underway in the capital of the Republics and across Dormil and Stiura as a whole. As this went on, a large leak from the now famous alternative news site, The Gonzo, has revealed massive secrets about the Labor Party. These include:

• Large-scale pedophile ring run by Congressmen, mostly members of Labor
  • The loss of 100,000 emails from the confirmed private servers of President Richelieu, Minister of Health Émilie Bordelon, Minister of Defense Maxime Guillory, and Minister of the Interior Michaël Petit, including unknown sources
  • Recorded conversations with top leaders of Labor and the MoD concerning the December 4th Attacks, all prior to the fourth
  • Embellishment of nearly half a million Famarks in Treasury Securities while Minister Lémieux was attending the Nuranto Summit
  • Unconfirmed: Offering multiple perpetrators of the December 4th Attacks amnesty in exchange for active duty in the Dormill-Stiuraian Armed Forces
Among other reports and information found in his article linked here

This massive scandal, picked up by social media as #LaborGate has seriously damaged the Labor Party and their grip on the Republics they have maintained since the 80s. Approval ratings for President Richelieu have plummeted by to 21%, the lowest of any President following the Second World War. The President isn't the only one affected by this hit, multiple surveys conducted leading up to tomorrow's National Congress Elections have shown a massive drop in Labor favorability on nearly all fronts. Below are the current maps displaying the most and least approved parties in Dormill and Stiura, aggregated from multiple surveys up until yesterday:
The Most Popular Political Parties according to the Surveys
The Least Popular Political Parties according to the same Surveys

As you can see, Labor has essentially lost all support within the populace of Dormill and Stiura, with Center-Right National-Center Party and the upstart Conservative Party making a large splash on the political scene, quickly becoming popular in multiple Dormill-Stiuraian provinces. If these Surveys prove true, the progressive policies championed by Labor are sure to be overturned by what seems to be a massive right-wing coalition seemingly overnight. This fear is causing Labor to fracture at the seams, with the moderate members of Labor vowing "To abandon this regressive push silently made by the higher-ups of Labor" and to "Bring an end to the asskissing of Rezua and other moral crusaders."

Current leader of the resurgent Conservative Party, Mr. Hall Traver has stated "It's time to make the Sovereign United Republics great again! And it starts with abandoning those who have led us on this path of moralism and "liberalism"
When he was asked about Dormill and Stiura within the LEAA, he had this to say "Making the Sovereign United Republics great again takes time and a lot of help, the LEAA is one of the strongest agreements for our economy just in the same way the Kingstown Treaty was. And I will make every effort in the National Congress to ensure the Nuranto Treaty is ratified as soon as possible." He was also asked about the state of affairs international and what Conservative intends to do with it if they gain power in the National Congress, he continued by saying "What is happening in Belantica is what is happening here, and instead of a single person, we have the entire political establishment committing heinous crimes in their own mistaken view of how the world works when they're in power. That is something we intend to bring an end to in this upcoming election. No more corrupt politicians taking advantage of the people they are meant to represent. That isn't the only thing we are worried about, there is also the fear of the VSSA and their increasing militarism. We will build up to defend against them in any way we can with as many allies as we can muster at our side, we will no longer sidestep the sanctions against Engleberg mandated by the USA, and we will show this alliance that they will not be the conservative force of this great continent!"

In Other News

• Elections for the First Time in POD
  • Coup in Edereon throws Cornetian Situation into Uncertainty
  • Brazziliani to join the VSSA
  • Umbrellit National Districts redrawn
  • Fighting Escalating in Belantica? Read More Here
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:06 am

MDAA Begins Joint Military Exercises And War Games

The remaining members of MDAA – Creperia and Sunrisia, have begun mutual military exercises and war games today in the face of events in Edereon and the unpredictable behavior of the country under the new leadership of First Secretary Réco Prímicér and the National Council of Supremacy and Domination. In the traditional order, Creperian and Sunrisian armies, navies and air forces will carry out a series of exercises with each other tested in multiple conditions and in many simulated scenarios.

The ground forces, the Creperian Air Force and the Sunrisian Air Force, as well as the Creperian Naval Forces and the Sunrisian Naval Forces, will train together, but apart from other sections of their militaries. That is because these different parts of the military traditionally operate on different fronts – land, sky and water, however, they will later be brought in to test their combined capabilities together, in order to conclude on how well can different sections of the militaries of Creperia and Sunrisia operate jointly among themselves and then together.

Government and military officials say that the drills are not meant to be taken as a threat, but instead act as a deterrent meant to keep Edereon from taking aggressive action not just against MDAA members, but also the Sunrisian soldiers still remaining in Edereon. Looking at the situation optimistically, the Béâtídá administration says that the drills are necessary to deter existing potential national security threats, but might additionally serve as a tool to enforce diplomacy and encourage negotiations, showing that it is definitely a more appealing and constructive option. Currently, there are no predictions of how diplomatic would Edereon’s National Council be.

In other news:

• President Sánît Béâtídá: “Sunrisia will open a dialogue with Edereon over our servicemen stationed there.

Minarchismusland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchismusland » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:34 am

Elections in Minarchismusland come to an end, von Gutenberg wins Chancellor position

Ludwig, after being elected Chancellor of Minarchismusland

After many months of campaign, the Minarchi elections have come to an end. Ludwig von Gutenberg, whose main oppositor, Laura Müller, defected from the country, won for Chancellor (the position which will replace the president’s with the new semi-directorial system). As for the ministers, who will now form the Federal Council and have almost the same functions as the president had but with less centralization of the power, – while the Chancellor oversees them and represents the country in international meetings and events – the results were good for the LFP and the SCP. The ministers of Home Affairs (Karl Abraham, vice president of von Gutenberg) and Finance (Karen Weizenberger, reelected) are affliated to the LFP, while the ministers of Defense (Zhao Jintao, also reelected) and Law & Order (Marie Honigsmann) are from the SCP. The only SDPE minister, Oscar Meckler, was assigned to command the Department of Foreign Affairs, what some view as a possible opening of Minarchis for leftist countries and worse relations with the VSSA.

Image Image Image Image Image
From the left to the right and upper to lower: Karl Abraham, Oscar Meckler, Marie Honigsmann, Zhao Jintao and Karen Weizenberger

The Chamber of Deputies received a majority of libertarians but also a good amount of conservatives and liberals. With 200 representatives in total, 93 of them are of the LFP, the country’s libertarian party. 58 belong to the SCP, or Socially Conservative Party, and 45 affliated to the SDPE (Social-Democratic Party for Equality), the biggest amount of representatives SDPE had in Minarchi history. 4 of them are independent from any political party. The LFP was more popular for voters in the provinces of Niemandsland, Kaisersland and Lacsalé. SCP was popular in Ragamuffin, Mittelbereich and Chinesischinseln, and while the SDPE didn’t conquer the majority of voters in any province they were the 2nd most voted party in Kaisersland and Lacsalé.

In the Bundessenat (German for Federal Senate), numbers are equal for every majority party as stated in the constitution. Each province has 3 senators for each main political party, totalizing 9 senators per province and 54 in the entire country.

Meeting room of the Federal Council, with extra seats for the Chancellor and guests to use

Elections for governors of each sub-division depend on their own laws. Most provinces and cantons also use a directorial system, but this isn’t always the case (both Ragamuffin and Mittelbereich have a single governor). Term limits, time between each election and other things this such as these are all up for the sub-division to decide due to the nation’s freedom in regard to that aspect, which can cause some confusion and disorganization.

Although the norm is for the president (now Chancellor) to start his term in January 1st, due to the delay of the elections caused by internal conflicts in Minarchismusland, Ludwig and the other elected candidates will only begin their terms later in January, but the exact date is still to be announced.

Other News:
- War between Westseaxnaland and Kaiming comes to an end, while Minarchis had barely any involvement despite announcing to aid West’s side
- Winner of this year’s Cheese Rolling Competition is a tourist from Belantica, which enrages the most traditional citizens participating in the activity
- Citizens living near the Minarchi Alps complain about mysterious yodeling voices late at night
- The XVth Annual Minarchi Chocolate Festival will be held in the city of Steinram in January
Brazilian - Classical Liberal - INFP - Atheist

Minarchismusland's IIwiki page - Confidential OOC info - Political Compass

Inspired by: Switzerland, Germany, Argentina, Chile

Puppets: Brazziliania and Jojiania

Edereon
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edereon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Edereon holds war drills

Ederi National Armed Forces have received orders to identically respond to MDAA drills by Sunrisia and Creperia near Ederi borders. The military still holds a large presence on all national borders and the Ederi Air Force keeps policing the airspace, but it does not mean that it is too occupied to conduct training. The army is engaged in large land drills, involving troops along with ground vehicles and ground weaponry, and the navy’s warships and frigates are currently maneuvering at Edereon’s territorial waters. Even though the air forces are occupied with policing, they are largely included in individual training and joint military drills as well, having turned Edereon’s skies into their personal training arena. The goal is to make the size of Ederi drills mirror the combined MDAA drills of Sunrisia and Creperia on the other side.

First Secretary Réco Prímicér announced that there are currently no present plans to remove Ederi forces from near Sunrisian bases in Edereon. He also said that the National Council of Supremacy and Domination will now definitely be looking into the possibility of restarting Edereon’s nuclear program and confirmed that plans to increase defense spending for Edereon to its largest levels in recent memory, have been approved. The First Secretary additionally did not forget to address the issue of the national curfew, which had remained imposed country-wide since the conclusion of the revolution against the previous government and former monarchy. The First Secretary said that the National Council will lift the curfew tomorrow early morning.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Eomeria Times

Prime Minister Calls For Ederi, Sunrisian, and Cerperian Representatives to meet in Rezua

News of the break in relations between Ederoen, Sunrisia, and Cerperia has worried many members of Parliament. They are afraid that a war might break down of tensions between the three nations are allowed to continue. Prime Minister Hoelmon has asked each of the nations to send an ambassador to the Rezuan capital in order to discuss the issues they have with one another and to create an agreement for peace they can all agree on. The Prime Minster has offered Rezua as a neutral ground in the hopes of promoting peace.

Empress Announces Official Support for Karen Pearson

Oddly, the Empress has also just announced that Rezua is helping in Belantica to overthrow Prime Minister Krump. The Empress has defended her actions by explaining that Mr. Krump has ignored all attempts at non-peaceful methods of discussion. Empress Ymira has said that "The Gronzo" news agency has told the truth on the situation in Belantica. Mr. Krump opened fire on peaceful unarmed protestors and had ordered the Rezuan Consulate to be surrounded and destroyed. The Rezuan Ambassador sent to investigate the radio silence from the consulate was shot at when his aircraft landed, forcing the plane to take off again.

Empress Ymira has announced that Karen Pearson helped to save the Rezuans trapped within the consulate and has also confirmed that she spoke face-to-face with Ms. Pearson. The Empress says that she trusts Ms. Pearson's character and believes in her claim that she is trying to free Belantica. In addition, there are multiple sources showing Ms. Pearson has the support of the Belantican people. Empress Ymira has once again stressed her sadness in having to resort to force to make Krump stop his tyrannical rule but has said she does not regret doing what is right.

In Other News
-Book and game stores struggling to keep up with Christmas demand
-Revonic Catholic Churches express optimism by claiming Christmas Mass attendance will increase 15% this year.
-Santa Claus scheduled to come to the Royal Library to hear last minute Christmas wishes and read a Christmas book at 2:30pm on Christmas Eve.
Reindeer spotted near Lake Viktorian
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Umbrellya
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbrellya » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhywZbe54Io

CCSN EXPERIMENTAL PILL FINALIZED

MORNINGSTAR - After several years of experimental status among Aviary laboratories, the CCSN Pill has now passed official company recognition to be used by humans without unprecedented side-affects. The pill is now available for private use, and will never be released for full public use due to its nature.

Daily dose of CCSN prescribed to guilty offenders.

The CCSN Pill, an abbreviation for "Chemical Castration and Sexuality Neutralization" Pill is said to be utilized by the government regarding convicted sexual predators of a Class B or higher. To classify as a sexual predator with a Class B or Higher means that in the past, the indicated individual has to have been convicted of at least 1 rape offense; under the larger legal umbrella of Crimes Against Humanity: the most serious classification of offenses in Umbrelliet Law.

Offenders convicted of offenses: rape, aggravated sexual assault, carnabi (the specific act of intentionally spreading sexual infections and diseases to others via sexually or other) will, after being found guilty of all charges brought by the court, be forced to make a decision between the CCSN Pill, a maximized prison sentence of 15 years with no parole, or the Dehumanization Process.

If the offender chooses the CCSN Pill option, they will have to take a daily dosage of 2 tablets for 9 months, until the desirable affect is met. This pill, once ingested, will immediately begin to freeze sperm production in the testes, and will eventually destroy the epididymis (typically within 2 months). Over the course of 9 months, the personality of the individual will become standardized, and all sexual desires will have been destroyed; as no more testosterone will be able to be created. Scientists have found this brings users into an "asexual state", where he is unable to process attraction anymore. Once the criteria is met or 9 months have passed, the offender is no longer legally liable. As such, the offender will not be subjected to the mandatory legal title of "sexual offender", and will not need to notify anyone of that.

WARRENSTAG CANALS PROJECT FINALIZED

CORPRETŁIN - The federal government has officially approved of a mega-project in Umbrellya that would successfully close the gap in the Warrenstag Straits to 3 main canals. This project is said to maximize profits and Umbrelliet trade efficiency in the area.

One of the main reasons for the new project is that in cases of war, disputes, international incidents, and terrorism, the federal government will easily be able to close the canal to prevent further problems from arising. This functionality is one of the primary reasons for why its current construction has been issued.

The designer of the project: Rob McLitrous, said the canals will not hinder at current trade volumes, and will only allow Umbrellya to better manage traffic and profitability in the region. This project will also add several square kilometers of land to Umbrellya's territory around the canals.

Map indicating the location of canals and new land being added.
Things about me!
PRO: capitalism, liberalism, religion, free speech, business, West, choice, same-sex rights, egalitarian, free market
ANTI: far-left politics, far-right politics, social justice warriors, globalism

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Ederi PM In Good Condition In Aestin Hospital

Fortunate news have come regarding the health of the Prime Minister of Edereon Dac Antésigañ, who nearly lost his life in Edereon’s recent coup d'état, which toppled his administration and even the country’s historical monarchy. Doctors say that the Prime Minister had all procedures carried out and is now confined to a hospital bed in order to receive the rest necessary for his full recovery and rehabilitation. The attack made against him and Ederi parliamentarians was deadly, yet not only was he able to survive, but ended up with bruises and no serious life-altering injuries. The doctors and the PM himself are all calling it a holiday miracle.

As it is vastly known by know, the Prime Minister Dac Antésigañ was located inside the parliamentary building in Edereon’s capital, giving an address, when an Ederi Air Force jet hit the building with a missile, injuring many, but miraculously not killing anybody. Such an attack is difficult to interpret in many different ways, which is why it is easy to conclude that the intention was not just to overthrow the leadership, but even kill the members of the administration. The building came down crumbling, however, heroic emergency response teams evacuated everybody on time, providing immediate medical assistance, even as the coup was going on, the Ederi capital was falling and the country was being taken over. After the new regime took over, a decision was made that it would be best for Edereon’s PM and the Royal Family to relocate to Sunrisia, where the new authorities could not reach them. Seeing what the military under the rule was willing to do during the coup, it is unpleasant to imagine what could have happened to the Prime Minister and the Royal Family of Edereon, if they were to stay in their own country.

PM Dac Antésigañ is already strongly determined to return home and fight for the legitimate order in Edereon, but he is still in no condition to do it, according to doctors. Therefore, the Béâtídá administration has taken the initiative of currently leading the diplomatic battle for the good of Ederis and Sunrisians alike.

In other news:

• Ludwig von Gutenberg elected Chancellor of Minarchismusland.

• Umbrelliet-developed CCSN Pill approved for human usage.

The Holy State of Deseret
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy State of Deseret » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:48 am

DESERET JOINS THE VSSA.

Today, December 24th, 2016, was the day that Deseret declared their desire to join the VSSA, this following the president's diplomatic talks with Engleberg and Vukmire via phone conference. The VSSA is a right wing alliance that wants to defend Conservative Christian Values, the values many in the Holy State of Deseret hold dear.

The president made a speech to the people of Deseret stating his desires to join the VSSA.
People of our Godly nation, I have prayed to God day and night for this day, the day we joined the VSSA and cemented our place in the world amongst conservative, god-fearing nations such as Vukmire and Engleberg. God has blessed us with this alliance, and we shall not disappoint God. We are surrounded by wicked nations that promote sins such as gambling, homosexuality, and abortion. We invite all VSSA members to Salt Lake City to discuss creating personal national alliances. God bless Deseret, and God bless the VSSA.
~ President Mark Jones

ANTI-HOMOSEXUALITY RALLY IN SALT LAKE CITY.

Following the announcement of Deseret joining the VSSA, half of the city's population held an anti-same sex marriage rally, chanting "ONE MAN, ONE WOMAN" and "GOD BLESS ENGLEBERG, VUKMIRE, AND DESERET", Homosexuality is viewed negatively in Deseret. with many seeing it as an urge to be overcome. the LDS church has stated that "Homosexuality can never, ever be approved in our nation, we must respect traditional marriage. We must stand for our bible, for our faith, and for our God.
Last edited by The Holy State of Deseret on Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:40 am

Moralist Expansion Across the Pond
Salt Lake City -- Those who thought that Corentia was a relatively liberal place are mistaken. The immoral attitude of nations such as Sunrisia to allow same-sex marriage like other developed places in the world can not be found in the proud nation of Deseret, which has just gained membership of the VSSA. Other member states such as Engleberg, have shown the world that they're open, civilised and ethical nations who only act out of reason and goodwill.

Right after the admission of Deseret in to the alliance that protects morality across the globe, anti-gay protest erupted in the nation's capital. The national news source for Deseret claimed that almost half of the city was present whilst they showed the world that they too were moral and good Christians. The nation of Deseret seems to stand united in the face of immorality with their belief in the Bible. We hope they also stand united with Matthew 7:1-29.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. ...

In other news
Screenings for police functions intensified: We don't want other drugs barons
City centres lack parking spaces
Have you ever had a fly in your soup?
Unique new species discovered: Elderly who don't complain
Lindenholt will be 75% green energy by 2035... I think...
Telephones are outdated according to 53% of youngsters
Zebras in Lindian zoo won't stop doing it
Last edited by Lindenholt on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Felsinean Valley
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinean Valley » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:07 pm

Artwingen, camion attack foiled by a double parked car

ARTWINGEN - It could be a massacre, but the plan of the terrorist failed due to a double parked BMV. The attempts of some citizens (now accused of complicity) to move the car were vain, as well as the calls for a tow truck: the terrorist couldn't do anything but surrender.

Police reconstructed the events: the terrorist, an inoffensive Yasiri lorry driver, tried to reach Maximilianstraat for a delivery, but because of traffic, roadworks, rain, uneven roads, crashes, undisciplined cyclists, transport strikes, pedestrians who randomly cross the road, tourist busses parked everywhere, traffic embargoes cause pollution passed the critical threshold, student demonstrations, Lindenholt Voorwaarts counter-demonstrations, far-left activists counter-counter-demonstrations, the truck driver was 4 days late.
"At that point I radicalized out of desperation - the Yasiri confessed bathed in tears - and I decided to do an extreme action: crushing that awkward Christmas tree in Plaza Victoria with my camion, to put an end to its pain"

But the double parked BMV made his criminal plan fail. The owner of the car, the hero of the day, is Thijs van der Linden, who commented: "I always park wherever I want, it was a spontaneous action. I'm no hero, I'm just a motherfucker like many in this city"

Today van der Linden will meet the mayor of Artwingen to be officially praised he will be exeptionally allowed to park his BMV right over the city hall steps.

Credits: lercio.it
sorry for my english, my teacher was Matteo Renzi

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Election Progress Update

As announced four days prior to now, the election for a new national leader is taking place. With the primary focus of voters being how to handle our souring relations with Rhodevus as well as the negative relations foreign communists.

The current polls are as follows:

51,000,000+ votes for Grand Admiral Charks (Navy)
38,000,000+ votes for General Jacobs (Air Force)
15,250,000+ votes for General Devicks (Intelligence)
13,500,000+ votes for General Bakersfield (Intelligence)
2,000,000+ votes for General Kirchner (Army)

Listed above are only the leading five members of the General Staff for this election.

This has been a short poll update. In other news, General Ads has announced that the travel between the eight communities will no longer be restricted. It has also been announced that tourists will be compensated due to the inconvenience. Further, all air traffic and maritime activity will be permitted to resume nominally, though civilian mariners should expect to see more navel patrols than when at lower Def-Con levels. Airline passengers will also be expected to comply with normal screening procedures.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:51 pm

Incredible Discovery in Rhodevus

The Catakulyana Dig Site in Westmont Island

A recent discovery made by the researchers and archaeologists at the Catakulyana Dig Site may reshape all that is known about pre-Maeri History in Rhodevus. Ancient Rhodeve history is commonly divided into four eras; The Nomadic Era (12,000-3,000 BCE), the Maeri Era (3,000-2,050 BCE), the Laaban Era, (2,050-900 BCE) and the Sunti Era (900-600 BCE). Following the Sunti Era, ancient native history is known as Rhodevan history until colonization. Each era incorporates important changed to the ways of life to the ancient Native Rhodevan people, with most knowledge being possessed from the Maeri and post-Maeri Eras. Very little has been discovered from the Nomadic Era.

Prior to the Maeri people from present day Lindenholt, arriving in Rhodevus using boats to ancient ice sheets and then walking on foot until reaching land, little is known about the ways of life as well as the people who lived here. The ancient gods of this time have been lost to history and no myths or legends from this time exist. All that has been discovered, is that the Ghong Tribe of Rhodevus, one of the 13 modern tribes originates from this time period. That is, until this passed week.

Dr. Henry Bluum and his team of scientists and researchers from the University of Kingstown have spent the last 3 months at the Catakulyana Dig Site in North Eastern Rhodevus, in the ancient homeland of the Toa te Awa Tribe of Rhodevus. Once thought to have been the first to settle the islands of the bay, new data has concluded that this may not be the case. Human remains, as well as carved stone has been discovered at the dig site dating back to 6,000 BCE. Along with carved stone weapons and tools, symbols ave been discovered dating back to this same time period. Symbols are common to be found from pre-Maeri history, and often need to be translated first to Northern Rhodevan before being able to be translated into English or more modern languages.

The reason for this extra step, is that all Rhodevan language is a mix of this ancient tongue as well as more modern ones, like the ancient Maeri. This allows for a more exact translation. While certain symbols are too faded to read, one symbol in particular is seen repeatedly on multiple stone carvings, particularly weapons; spear and arrow heads. Translated to Northern Rhodevan, it reads; Toa te Mara, Toa te Eyra. Toa te Mara roughly translates to Warriors of the Great Sea. It is yet unknown what Eyra translates to. This vital word can change the meaning of this phrase completely. It will be many months before a full and proper translation is discovered, but Dr Bluum believes that this phrase in full says, "Warriors from the Great Sea, return to the Great Sea".

If this translation is true, it may change all that is known about the history of the Toa te Awa tribe, which is thought to date back to 950 BCE. This discovery may bring back the date to as late as 7,000 BCE, 3,000 years before the Ghong tribe officially began.

In Other News:
  • Queen, Princess Heir and Minister of Foreign Affairs set to attend Christmas Meeting in the USJR
  • University of Kingstown; the Jewish Student Union has won this year's fight for the Ice; Hannukiah made from ice has been sculpted in the city center this year.
  • Rhodeve Government concerned about POD election; maintains stance of pro-LGBT rights in Rhodevus
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates