NATION

PASSWORD

Sunalayan News {SUNALAYA ONLY!}

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dirkhizistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dirkhizistan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:15 pm

v
Nazarxon enacts his first policies, Islamic Constitution signed
Koshbashi(Leader) Arni Nazarxon

Today the power of leadership in Dirkhizistan was handed over from General Azizev to Arni Nazarxon. Arni now holds the office of Koshbashi, or National Leader, of Dirkhizistan. Koshbashi Nazarxon will now lead the nation and end the horrible policies of the previous government of Mugharz and turn Dirkhizistan to what it deserved to become, a nation of islam, just like every other muslim nation. The Koshbashi Nazarxon said in a speech today that he will implement the new laws of the nation and remove the old western policies. The first policy of Nazarxon is the end of war on the islamic freedom fighters in Zaran resisting the newly established "democracy" created to be a puppet of Mugharz, his next policy is to end what the west calls "homosexuality" in all of Dirkhizistan and order all same-sex couples to end their relationships withing the next 3 months, if they do not comply, they will be arrested by the police and protect the nation from evil western things such as the idea of same-sex couples. He also plans on many other policies to be implemented very very soon.
Emblem of The Islamic Republic, The "Kayzna" symbol

Today the Islamic Constitution was signed by Koshbashi Nazaxon, the constitution states that the law of the land will be based on the law of islam, and that non-religious law will be enforced by non-religious groups like the newly created Democratic Parliament of Dirkhizistan. The constitution also gives political powers to the religious leaders of Dirkhizistan, even some, but not much power to non-muslim religious leaders, the only non-muslim religion without political power is judaism. The constitution will replace the Constitution of Dirkhizistan created back in 1861 after the Dirkhiz Revolution.

OTHER STORIES:
Koshbashi Nazarxon to appoints Adham Sharipov to become "International Diplomat", or foreign affairs minister for westerners

Nazarxon to enact policy against foreign diplomats from western nations very soon

Nazaxon to force islamic law in Hilahstan, a non-muslim region

Military to abandon thousands of Dirkhiz soldiers in Zaran, top defense official says "they are expendable"

Exiled Mugharz and Sinyrusian leader Kdradski attack Nazaxon with hateful speech in press conference in Sinyrus

i dont give a s@#t about grammar
Pittsburghese

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Nordipolica World

Layfet attempts to revive economy, Capitalists take over Congress in mid-terms

Nordipolica - April 17th, 2018
By John Lubin, Staff Writer

Following the mid-terms that took place on the 1st, Layfet's newest political party - The Capitalist Party (which was made up of the former Reserve and Union Parties) took power, stemming from the dissatisfaction how the Progressive Party has regulated and controlled the Layfetian economy since the 1980s. Today the Capitalist Party unveiled its new plan to jumpstart the Layfetian economy and get Layfet out of its recession. The new bill - the Revival Act of 2018 is currently being debated in subcommittee but what so fair is known in the bill is that it includes a massive privatization of several of Layfet's largest industries including National Motor Works and Layfet Air.

Other purposes in the bill that are known include allowing Layfetian companies to be tax free if they employ a certain number of workers. Only time will tell if this bill will make it to the floor. Currently Progressives are designing their own bill, but no information has been found about that so far. Executive Minister Susan Polster also has yet to speak about the bill.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Rhodeve-Layfetian Company - Cross Commonwealth Productions reports Nina has become the 2nd highest grossing film of all time in Sunalaya

Former Executive Minister Lucy B. Smith passes away at 104

Rosso Lámaquen, Tol Eresean Soccer Player, passes away at 23

Layfetian fans divided for upcoming Librira-Shastaran game for the World Cup

Zadollru taken out of full circulation in Layfetian Territories

Inári avo Átyáriús opens this weekend with French translation in Layfet

Layfet Air opens non-stop direct flights to the Nina Islands

Daredland
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Daredland » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:45 pm

State Council declares end to Daredi protests, while an unrevealed consensus is reached with the Weniges Reich

Anti-Schäfer demonstrators in Freihat

President of the State Council Friedrich Schäfer has returned to Freihat late last night, after a 10+ days visit to the Weniges Reich. His private plane landed at the Freihat airport at 2:45 am CST. Schäfer had come back from Daredland’s occupied eastern territories known as the Weniges Reich, where he led a hand-picked Daredi government delegation in direct talks with the Weniges separatist leadership. He originally wanted to send Chancellor Calvin Aigner to the negotiations, but the Chancellor did not support the current talks. During the flight back to Freihat, the media was already informed of Schäfer’s personal statements that the talks were “a success.” What did it exactly mean remained unknown until this morning, when the President opened a State Council session with a speech on the progress.

Schäfer and his pro-Englean and pan-Germanic LGD party led
the most recent Daredi–Weniges diplomatic negotiations on
reintegration. The outcome has not been revealed yet,
but many suspect that the separatists got what they wanted.
[Speaking in German]: “I am happy to be back and to be welcomed back to Freihat. I missed my city and of course there is a lot of work to be done. I thank my substitute for taking the lead at my absence. I had made great progress in the talks with the Weniges leadership and I am confident to say that this was a historic step. Before, Daredland’s territorial integrity was a matter of uncertainty, but now it has become a reality. Many people here and around the nation opposed me, but they will thank me once Daredland becomes whole again and the frozen conflict ends for good. We have taken a historical step and we shall soon enjoy the results it brings us. To my opponents I want to recommend not to listen to rumors and not to spread rumors. I only spoke with the local Weniges leadership at the negotiations, whom I would not dare to call terrorists. I did not speak with the Engleans, because there are no occupying
military forces in the Weniges Reich. The Englean Kaiserreich is not involved in Daredland’s internal conflict. Stop believing in those lies and spreading those lies.

And for those blaming members of my party who went to the Englean Kaiserreich and do continue their regular visits there, I want to say that these men and women are there
exclusively on diplomatic grounds. They did not coordinate with me on their steps and I don’t think they should. They acted as independent politicians and diplomatic personas. They didn’t
violate any rules or laws. I think that what everyone should instead care for is the positive results
that will come from mine and their diplomatic work. We do need to eventually relaunch and
normalize relations with the Englean Kaiserreich, don’t we? I definitely think we do.

I propose that we create a special direct contact channel between the central Daredi government the leadership of the Weniges Reich. I’m thinking something similar to what we currently have with the Hasperan Republic. I invite Chancellor Calvin Aigner to do his job and represent the Daredi government in the talks with the Weniges Reich, but the Chancellor does not appear to oblige. I suggest not to blow this thing out of proportion. Chancellor Aigner can stay responsible for contacts with the Hasperan Republic and nations of the world. I am ready to personally handle contacts with the Weniges Reich, but I would ask that the State Council considering appointing a Special Representative for Contacts with the Weniges Reich. I will push for the creation of such a position in our government.”

Under the initiative of Schäfer and the LGD party, the Daredi
Confederacy has been moving towards an uneasy rapprochement
with the Englean Kaiserreich. This caused much opposition within
the government and the public. In case the LGD party ever wins
majority in the government, they are believed to move Daredland
in a pro-Englean direction and back into the sphere of influence
of the Englean Kaiserreich. That remains the primary rhetoric
of LGD's opponents to keep them away from acquiring much
influence in the Daredi government.
Not many in Daredland were enthusiastic about the current talks with the Weniges Reich that have now commenced. They had begun, because the militants have of course proposed their own conditions on how the break-away territories would be reintegrated into Daredland. The separatists had come forth from silence after President of the State Council Friedrich Schäfer, a notoriously pro-Englean and pan-Germanic politician, was elected into his current position. The separatists coming out of the shadows after his election, naturally made many in Daredland speculate that the terrorist militants and the leadership of the Englean Kaiserreich saw Schäfer as “their man.” They were all supposedly “in cahoots”, including the previous President of the State Council who has resigned to allow an election of Schäfer in his place. Many Daredi State Council members, even outside pan-Germanic parties, have been suspected as “Englean agents” since then. Supposedly under Schäfer guidance, the Daredi government would be pushed towards accepting Weniges-Englean conditions. The election of Friedrich Schäfer and his acceptance of Weniges separatist offer caused a wave of protests in Daredland. They have been growing and intensely continuing all around Daredland for a while, but they have been weakening in the past several days. In today’s session Friedrich Schäfer went as far as to declare the end of protests.

[Speaking in German]: “The protests in Daredland are officially over. Some disobedience and hooliganism might still pop-up here and there in parts of the Confederacy, but the initial intense and organized stage is done. Mobilizations of the masses have stopped and the proper authorities have arrested those people, who were recognized as the leaders of the civil unrest. The authorities will also stop any further acts of hooliganism wherever they might happen in Daredland later on. Life in Daredland can now return to normal.”

Chancellor Calvin Aigner has a different opinion on the protests in Daredland. “Schäfer might be right about the intense and organized state of the protests being over, but I would not say that the protests themselves are completely over. We have now crossed over into a more complicated stage, where protests have become decentralized and not consistently going. This means that it will be much harder for the authorities to track them, predict them and react to them. They might happen anywhere, anytime and at any numbers. But I think that after the current little political crisis that we are having settles down a bit, the Daredi populace will eventually calm down too.”

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:18 pm

Large Rare Earth Mineral Deposit Found In Swanson
Swanson is most often associated with being a worthless barren wasteland that's either too cold or too hot, depending on the time of year. While Swanson may be home to several offshore and on-land oil producing sites, the state itself is empty in terms of other valuable resources. However, a recent geology survey conducted in the southernmost part of Swanson has confirmed that there is a large rare-earth mineral deposit in that region. These minerals are necessary for the creation of important items used daily, such as electronics, batteries, computers, magnets, and various more industrial applications. Currently, geologists are estimating that there is approximately 17 million tons of these minerals mixed with other, more common ones in a 1,538 square mile area on land, and 2,346 square miles within Belantica's territorial waters. The state was presented with this information and was happy to hear about these newfound minerals. "I think this will bring a positive impact on Swanson," said governor Thomas Wren, " because with this discovery of our state having the minerals that are valuable in today's cutting-edge fields, Swanson will experience a boom in its economy and standard of living, and become a center of new possibilities in a land that not many people come to for being so far away. Naturally, we'd would have to find someone who'd be interested in this, and I don't think that'll be very hard."

The federal government was also surprised with the new findings in the state and is encouraging for the local governments to take advantage to help boost the national economy as a whole. It is said that many of Belantica's mining companies, including H&R (Humphrey and Rosslyn) Tatayama, and Liniscorp are taking an interest, and are offering their services to expand to those regions. Due to the lack of infrastructure, a dirt road would be created and graded for trucks and 4x4s to access these isolated sites, but due to the winter season approaching, would be held off from total completion until spring.

In Other News
-Anti-Englean rallies in Daredland
-Ministry of Foreign Affairs withdraws diplomats from Dirkhizistan, stating "we left on our own accord and with dignity, as they let their country fall to extremists"
-Death of a young soccer player in Tol Eresea leaves fans in shock
-Ministry of Defense reveals the 5th generation fighter in development will be named "Inazuma", and designated as RF-51
-Aznazia becomes the largest foreign customer for new buses and rail vehicles
-Police in Honto arrested 24 businessmen on the basis of being associated with local yakuza sects "We had enough of these degenerates ruining our islands" said policewoman
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Vesvai
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesvai » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 pm

VNNHD

Government-Sanctioned Investigation Finally Concludes That Vesvai’s General Election Was Fair, Sparking Mass Protests

Vesvai is drowning in protests once again. The current wave was caused by the publication of the long-awaited investigation results of the alleged voter fraud and falsification in Vesvai’s last general election. All involved institutions in the investigation, like the appointed special committee, the police, the special services, the intelligence and other government organizations have come to a consensus that Vesvai’s general election was fair and transparent. Despite consistent accusations from the opposition of fraud, the investigators have now strongly concluded that the ruling VHU party has been re-elected into the parliamentary majority fairly and in result is the legal government of all of Vesvai. The VHU-led Parliament has greeted the news with standing ovations, while members of the opposition parties and non-government civil opposition have led people out into the streets.

At the moment the authorities are struggling to name even an approximate number of demonstrators because it is changing by minutes to hours. The overall cross-country number of protesters is inflating. The capital Aurisi is not the only arena of events and every major city in Vesvai is traditionally affected and entangled. The protester crowds have members of the AIT opposition coalition and notorious civil activists in the leading positions of the march. The authorities have not procrastinated with reactions and the police has already been mobilized to take the unrest under control. The demonstrations remain peaceful, but with such a vast number of emotionally-charged citizens, any single spark or inappropriate exchange could cause havoc and turn into something ugly.

PM Jonathan Mollisal reacted to the protests and addressed the nation, except this time he was less restrained. The anger in the Prime Minister’s facial expression and tone of voice was clear, but he kept control and never actually snapped: “We gave you what you asked for. You said you wanted an investigation and you expressed it the exact same way in which you are doing things now. You marched and chanted on the streets, ready to burn the country down. You kept up consistent civil disobedience to disrupt public life and put Vesvai’s economy on hold. You supported radicals who nearly carried out political assassinations and who had broken away southern territories from Vesvai and formed foreign-loyal New Vesvai. You pushed the Rhodeve Commonwealth towards the consideration to temporarily expel Vesvai from the Commonwealth because of the internal unrest in our nation that you have been consistently heating up. That would have been an equivalent of cutting Vesvai’s oxygen off. We were nearly plunged into international isolation. Lucky for us, the Commonwealth nations voted to keep us in, but we remain one of unstable points of the Commonwealth and the only unstable point of ROVAA thanks to you. But I know that your ultimate goals go much deeper than that. No matter what we do, you never stopped trying to rock this boat and somehow destabilize Vesvai from the inside.

And may I remind you that all of this unrest that you have been further perpetuating, was not because we ignored your demands. All of this kept going even after the post-election protests and after our government had agreed to have the demanded investigation. The government gave into all of your demands. We promised you an investigation and we have given it you it. Frankly that was not even our duty because Vesvai’s elections are democratic, fair and transparent, but for the sake of peace on our island, we gave into your demands. And now, after all of this long and hard work, you continue perpetuating the unrest and a civil war, because you are unhappy with the result you got in the investigation. We wasted time and state resources to prove what was already clear from the start, just to satisfy your demands. After all of this, you mean to tell me that it is us who are somehow still the bad guys in this situation?

I’m not playing these games anymore and neither is this government. You know, I’ve been trying to be the more approachable Prime Minister and that was basically why the party chose me to replace my predecessor. But I can now see why Matthew Praeterit was so strict when he was PM. There is no way around this situation because criminals just can‘t be pleased. They only care about getting what they want through terrorist and criminal methods. In case the radicals try to perpetuate the civil unrest in Vesvai further, we have the proper authorities who will take care of these criminals.

To my colleagues at the Parliament, I want to say that our conscience can be clean. The alleged electoral fraud investigation that was promised has now commenced and it was concluded that that the election was fair. There was no fraud and not falsification. The case is closed and we can resume our normal lives and our legal governance on the island.”

Members of Vesvai’s AIT opposition coalition, other parties and civil opposition activists presented their own counter-arguments to national news outlets covering the protests and the current situation. They also took to independent and “underground” source to shed light over the issue in bigger detail in fair that the state television might cut out a lot of what they had said. Civil opposition activists have been making more frequent appearances in independent and “underground” media, since their political counterparts had been more immersed in leading the street protests. A famous member of one of Vesvai’s large nationalist movements expressed a passive-aggressive and sarcastic reaction towards the outcome of the electoral investigation in his vlog: “Until they finally start blocking the internet, I figure I will still use the opportunity to use my freedom of speech while I still can. So I want to ask you this. Are any of you surprised? I told you from the beginning that all of this was for show. They started the investigation, carved-up the result from Day 1 and then put the whole process on auto-pilot because they needed to act as if they were working on something and doing something. All of this is nothing, but pure comedy and a theatre of absurd done for show. You see guys? You wanted an investigation, well, here’s your investigation. We’re innocent. Now how about you back off from us? That’s all it is. To be honest I think that the patience of everyone in Vesvai is running out. If they keep moving in the same course as now, they will have to start busting skulls with bats to keep the people from tearing them into pieces by bare hands.”

An AIT member with a more different position from his party’s primary line told independent media the following: “To be honest, I’m happy that this investigation is finally over because the circus is finally over. We knew that this investigation was going to be a fraud from the start, just like the election itself was a fraud. I think that demanding for another investigation is a waste of time because the VHU-led government is not going to give it to us. Many of my coalition colleagues want to keep pushing for a new, actually independent investigation because there is no other way around it. I’m less enthusiastic and optimistic at the moment when compared to them. Instead, I view the necessity to continue these demonstrations as a symbol to the government that they are not the absolute authority over Vesvai. We need to intimidate them to keep them from further going down the criminal path in which they are actively moving. If Vesvai continues down this dictatorial path, it will be very difficult for us to move back.”

Vesvai’s Governor-General Andrew Gaileta has condemned the protests. Meanwhile New Vesvai, the southern portion of the island administered by a rival government, has expressed its solidarity with the anti-government protests. The leadership of New Vesvai has asked for the protesters to remain reasonable, peaceful, civilized and “not to drag [themselves] down to the level of the VHU-led tyrants in Aurisi.”

Shastara
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shastara » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:01 pm

“Your listening to 1190 STR, Shastaran talk radio. Coming up next: The David Ghetty Show.”

* https://youtu.be/wplUBFVsbtw for intro music while you read, intro ends at 0:38 but keep listening if you want I ain’t a cop*

“HELLO HELLO everyone! This is the David Ghetty Show here on 1190...STR, live from beautiful Sapphire City Centrallia. I am your benevolent host David Ghetty. Happy tax day everybody! God you know it's this time of year that always has me thinking, I really should be a Libertarian because this is just torture! You know I had a Belantican friend over at this time of year, let him look at the tax process. He asked me Why do you people do this to yourselves? You’ve voted in a tax system that makes it seem like your punishing yourselves for some great atrocity!”

“Ah anyway welcome to the show. Very lovely day here in Centrallia. You know I woke up this morning aight. And this big bugger of a moosie was out in my lawn. I swear this thing was bloody fifteen feet tall mate! Incredible the things you see when you live in the middle of nowhere.”

“So speaking of nature I got a nice starter for the show, a neat bit from the Kingstown Daily, one of the bigger Rhodeve outlets. “Colleges from Rhodevus and Tol Eresea compete in 42nd annual Foresting Competition.
You know that reminds me of a very similar thing that the University of Greenland and Aldridge College do every two years. Go out to some deforested patch of land and just replant trees for two days straight and see who's planted more by the end. I actually did this for community service hours in my sophomore year and I loved it. Had so much fun. Something I learned from that was uh never mix up saplings when your professor is a hardcore botanist. This woman I swear I mixed up a I think it was a Willamette Cedar and a big needle pine. Planted a whole row before she realized and good god she did not let that go. Crazy woman, I love you Mrs. Betty if your listening.” David let out a chuckle and continued.

“Hey speaking of Tol Eresea didn’t they have a guy who offed himself recently right? Yeah he was a really popular soccer guy over there. Kinda reminds of how Sterling Williams went back in 14. Such a beloved comedian he was, seems impossible that someone would want to throw all that away. But that's what depression does to you. I have a very dear friend, she’s my age about 29 now and throughout college she had horrible horrible depression and she gets all the love she could ever need at home and it just doesn’t help. I mean as a friend it was terrible to watch her go through that but I could not imagine being a parent and doing everything you could just to help but doesn’t work. Nasty thing depression is.” David paused briefly before continuing.

“But speaking of depressing” he said getting an excited tone back in his voice. “We got a coup in Dirkhizistan where a pro Islamist government has control. General Alizev who organized the coup said that quote he: "saw the people were no longer happy and Mugharz must be overthrown and Arni must rule", this coming just weeks after Dirkhizistan won a war against Zaran. The new government also stated that they wish to capture the evil bitches of the west.”

“Jesus Christ!” He laughed, “Oh boy ok so the article doesn’t say who these western bitches are however many homosexuals, followers of other religions, and political opposition members are apparently fearing persecution. So this raises the question, is democracy dead in Dirkhizistan?” He paused for a brief moment.

“I’d say so. I mean the government’s laws are going to be based on the Quran and will most likely be in the form of sharia law and I’m very doubtful they can enforce that democratically.” He paused again as his producer motioned for him to look at his email.

“Uh...so we got an email from...Shelly from Alastana that simply asks: should we be worried about the new Islamist regime in Dirkhizistan?. I think we should be concerned, but not out right afraid right now. Because right now they’re going to be focused on establishing control and enforcing Sharia law. When they do, that's when we should be worried. Because as we all know Origin and Christianity, both of which are very popular here, have not had the best history when is comes to Muslims. And as I have said before we don’t really treat the citizens of Habazz all that well. So that might be a justification for a ji-had or whatever.” David quickly takes a sip of water before continuing.

“But what I’m worried about is that terrorism will rise again. I mean for the past twenty or so years here in Shastara we’ve only had to worry about the BB, and even then they’ve been pretty tame these last few years. But the conflict in the 90s against Nozabad more or less fixed our Islamic terrorism problem. But now that we have a full on Islamic State? God it’s going to be the Habazz blitz all over again....but looks like we are going to our first commercial break but before that for our viewers if you have the David Ghetty app or on our website at http://www.davidghettyshow.sha we have a poll up: Would you support military action against Dirkhizistan if another Habazz Blitz like event happened again? Vote vote vote and we'll read the results after these messages.”

“Now if your like me you’ve got that old rifle ya grandpappy got during the war. You love it, it’s been a cool and valued heirloom in your family for years. And if you really care for that heirloom like I do you want only the best to help you restore and maintain your family treasure. Here at Hax & Martin we’ve prided ourselves with only the best care and quality with getting classic firearms back into fighting shape. Whether it’s from the House Wars, the World Wars, or even Nozabad we have the know how and passion that makes for ultimate customer satisfaction. That's Hax & Martin on 185th and Park in Sapphire City.”

“Black Bullet Coffee: veteran owned, Shastaran made since 1998. Rated Shastara’s best coffee eight years in a row order your roast now!”

“Oh! Oh come on! Yeah I’m gonna get yuh! Ah! Nonono come on!”
“Dad? Dad!”
“Hm? Oh hey sweetie I’m just playing my video game.”
“Your driving insane....you’d...never drive like that for real would you?”
“Wellll I uh...”
“Driving isn’t a game, always remember to keep a level head and to be cautious of your surroundings. This advertisement is paid for by the Ministry of motor safety.”

*replay intro music again :p*
“And welcome back I’m David Ghetty and your listening to the David Ghetty Show, here! On 1190 STR. If you are just now joining us last segment was about the rise of the new Islamic State
in Dirkhizistan and on our website and app we had a poll up for our viewers to which we asked: would you support military action against Dirkhizistan if another Habazz Blitz like event happened again. So we got a lot of emails and texts from several international listeners asking what the Habazz Blitz was. So here's a brief little history lesson for y'all here real quick.”

“So the state of Habazz is a predominantly Muslim state and hasn’t had the best history when it comes to the rest of the United Kingdoms. In the late 80s through the 90s there was a string of bombings around the state but concentrated in Habazz. Finally it got so bad the Queen ordered for the state to be swept by the military to search for suspected terrorists that would try to sabotage the war effort in Nozabad that was happening at the same time. Now the Blitz event itself was where the biggest city in the state and also the states capital Jalandaq was suddenly taken over by Islamic radicals and heavy fighting ensued for about two weeks with minor skirmishes and incidents occurring all across the island. But finally the military ended the occupation and defeated the terror groups leadership and ended the bombings. Now additionally the Nozabadi government was actually sponsoring the terror groups in Habazz and that's what ultimately ended up starting the war. And since there’s been some cases of mistreatment of Habazzani citizens and just Muslims in general by authorities and others but anyway on to the poll results! Lets see here.....So we got about 22 million votes on the poll and of those 22 million about....54% said yes. And 44% said no and 2% said not sure. So with those numbers in mind it looks like we have pretty big support for a conflict with Islamic Dirkhizistan should the situation arise like the Habazz Blitz.”

“I would support a war depending on how severe the attacks were, and that's assuming we don’t get sucked into the Bohin conflict. Because if we do go into Bohin which by the day seems more likely I would like to point out. Our military couldn't sustain a long drawn out conflict with Bohin, and then go up against the major Mid East power like Dirkhizistan. That just wouldn’t be sustainable even with our allies. We’re seeing this now in Bohin with the Commonwealth and Aznazia being bogged down far longer than expected. And I warned them! The Queen warned them! Every Nozabad vet warned them! These people think in a totally different mindset when it comes to warfare than the west does. And if you do not account for that we have Nozabad and Bohin conflicts that expend more resources and troops than ever were expect...ed hold on a second folks.”

“Oh wait so so new state media outlet for Dirkhizikstan that replaced KKN which is called the..... Voice of the Islamic Republic..Oh sweet lord ok here we go. Nazarxson? Nazarcon? Nazaroxson? I don’t know... enacts his first policies, Islamic Constitution signed. What has he done now...

Today the power of leadership in Dirkhizistan was handed over from General Azizev to Arni Nazarxon....Nazarkan? Nazarkhan? God I am just butchering this guys name....but he’s probably a scumbag so I don’t really care at this point, anyway: Arni now holds the office of Koshbashi, or National Leader, of Dirkhizistan.
Blah blah blah...ok so this guys is ending the war on Islamic rebels in Zaran...damn I was hoping that would lead to something good. Uh..OH OHOHOH AHAHAA OH ORI THIS IS GOOD!!! Ok so here we go: His next policy is to end what the west calls "homosexuality" in all of Dirkhizistan and order all same-sex couples to end their relationships withing the next 3 months, if they do not comply, they will be arrested by the police and protect the nation from evil western things such as the idea of same-sex couples.” David paused with a big grin on his face.

“You know he’s right, that is the first thing he should be doing. Those evil evil gays and their great fashion sense. They’re great cooking. How dare they practice their evil ways here. You know I don’t think Veronica is even going to need to say anything because Yimra, Sierra, Karen, all them are going to rip this guy a new one holy shit.” He laughed.

“Man ok well that was a joy to cover so in conclusion, cause we should really move on. War bad, look out for the new Dirkhizistan, don’t go to Bohin. Alright next I think we should move into a viewer given topics. I’m scrolling through here uh...ooo here an interesting one that has actually been on my mind for awhile now. Vlad from Shastana asks: Why do we always seem to be torn between Rezua and Pantorrum when they get into disputes?.

You know I have a lot of issues with how the Pantorrans and Rezuans always try to compete head to head to see who has the bigger di- erm...sphere of influence. And because of this heatbutting her majesty often finds it hard to have to choose between the two, and she shouldn’t have too! It’s like having your two best friends wanting to hang out right? But they both hate the other. And one wants to go get Burgerville and the other wants to go to uh...I don’t know Zanera Bread or that new whatever Pantorran food joint that's popping up everywhere now. I wanna say big belly burger but I know that ain’t it. Anyway if it were me that were making the decisions. Me David Ghetty Mustang, I would honestly just stop doing what her majesty is doing which is going neutral on every issue between the two and actually take a side for once. Because it’s her job to represent the people of this nation. Not to pander to Pearce or to the Everens. If the proposal or position in an argument will benefit the Shastaran people, and if we clearly see one side is in the wrong....we should make that very clear!! I don’t care if the talking heads in the Rezuan Parliament or the Pantorran Senate think less of us for it. Because at the end of the day we’re not here to pander for them, and if they’re going to turn on us that easily they shouldn’t be an ally to begin with. Ridiculous.”

“Ok moving on I’m just gonna get derailed and just start ranting about those two ideologs....lets see...let’s see....I’m just scrolling through the viewer suggestions here. “Man injured when falling through ice in Bay of Rhodevus”....well uh you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Bud thats all I gotta say.” David mused as he scrolled through the articles.

“Oh another one out of Rhodevus here, “Anti-Conscription Abolishing rally reaches day two with 10,000 rallyers in Quiniaz City.” So I’ve served in the military, I was in Rhodevus during the James War that was....uh fascinating to watch that play out. My father served in the Nozabad War and then with the Commonwealth Army for a few years so I can get what the Rhodeves against the bill are saying. So we have Maya Wilsher who is the Chief Executive of the Bravo News Network saying quote “I was in the military, my parents and their parents before them were in the military. My son is preparing to go into the diplomatic stream. This isn’t just a culture of war. This is a way of life. Shrink the army, but conscription in Rhodevus is about so much more than that. I would think someone who had served would understand that.” So I get that, it’s been a tradition in millions of Rhodeve families. But if I were a farmer right, and I so want my kid to be a farmer like me and my grandpappy and his grandpappy. But lil Johnny, he wants to be a lumberjack! And so I might be disappointed that he wouldn’t want to be a farmer hell I might even be mad. But if he doesn’t want to be a farmer, then that's his choice. Likewise if I’m a Rhodeve veteran and my kid doesn't want to serve in military I should have that right to say, ok sure you can go off and be a mailman or a waiter instead. And let’s face it folks in the current state of world affairs do you really want you kids in the military? I sure wouldn’t.”

“Ok moving on heeeere. Scrolling.....scrolllllling. PFFFFFT ahahahaha ok so some ass just copy and pasted the most smutty and obscene parts of uh what was it Jasonholt? Yeah and just submitted it. Thanks guys I really love reading this stuff. Next commercial break I’m breaking out the bleach.......Oh what? “Kaiserreich declares Total Self Sufficiency, thanks to portal opened above Haldemar Archipel.”......what? Is this? Hold on here. Ok so it’s basically...the Kaiser has found spaceships and space marines what? Ohh wait this is from that new movie right? Not Nina....the uh.. That Tol Eresean flick....I can’t remember the name but that involved some space portal thing opening up over Engleberg. Is this a promotion for that? Did they pay off the Englean media to pull some advertising stunt? That’s great.” He giggled.

“Ok back more local news uh...”New Syringe disposal sites planned for downtown Portland.” Oh good now I have somewhere to put all the heroine needles I find whenever I go to Portland now great. God that city just irks me to no end good lord. Oh man how could I forget! We qualified for the world cup finals! Yes! Well we’re guaranteed second at least...we’re going against Librira! Man you really have to to hand it to the TImbers this cup. They have just shredded the competition and hopefully we can get one last game off this lucky streak. Mmm yes I want another ISFA trophy to come home. I’d love that. And Borchers better be holding it, cause man he’s earned it.”

“Alright I think we’re going to go to another commercial break you all are an amazing audience, this is the David Ghetty Show here on 1190 STR...”
Last edited by Shastara on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dirkhizistan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dirkhizistan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Nazarxon bans western media such as western movies, music, tv shows, news, and more.

Today Nazarxon officially signed a bill that unanimously passed parliament, the bill was the ban on western media. The law will outlaw any news, radio, magazines, television, movies, music, sports events, & more from a total of 15 western nations, the law is only part 1, as they said they will ban more media from other countries, not just the current 15. The nations in which media will be banned from coming from include Rezua, Shastara, Pantorrum, Sinyrus, Chemensia, Yosija, Sunrisia, Engleberg, Seven United, Aznazia, South Baggnaggia, Belantica, Zaran, and Rhodevus. Koshbashi Nazarxon today said "The ban will keep western imperialism from infiltrating out nation and killing out religion and culture, seriously, they also make s$%#ty music too. The world will realize we want to be left alone and not messed with. So far we have banned media from 15 western nations, but this is just part one, as we are currently trying to find other nations and choose what western propaganda we will keep out of our nation. We will begin to confiscate western media material and throw it where belongs, the trash."

Due to nations housing Mugharz traitors, Government gives Zarani and Sinyrusian diplomats 3 weeks to pack up and leave
ImageImage
Leaders of Zaran and Sinyrus, Yasser Al-Zarie and Andrzrej Kdradski

Today the government also ordered that Zarani and Sinyrusian Diplomats must leave within 3 weeks due to the fact the traitors from the previous westernized government are being allowed to stay in these nations due to fact they were major allies of the Mugharz regime. Sinyrus is currently housing Dictator Ruslan Mugharz and his friends, such as many Conservative Party and Social Democrat Party politicians. Zaran currently is housing many generals who supported the Mugharz regime such as Muhammad Kimzov, the former minister of war of Dirkhizistan. Minister of State Sharipov today said "These nations are housing evil traitors and warmongers of the former regime, you will not be allowed to interfere with us and have diplomatic ties, we do not want anything to do with you. Zarani leader Al-Zarie is currently waging war against muslim freedom fighters fighting their western socialist ideas in Zaran and Al-Zarie supports the autonomy and representation of the jewish rats of Tsirasha. This isn't the time we will expel diplomats, we are currently choosing other nations to expel diplomats from."

OTHER NEWS:
Shastaran propaganda radio attacks our nation

Dirkhizistan to begin to try and "gain some pretty explosive power"

Nazarxon to push restrictions on Hilahstanis soon

Belantica withdraws diplomats. We say: Good, leave

Dirkhiz Navy returns to ports, 2 captains arrested for "colluding with Zaran"

wtf is grammar
Pittsburghese

Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesvai » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:02 am

VNNHD

Authorities Forcefully Stop Demonstrations After Civil Disobedience Turns Violent

The protests in Vesvai that had just escalated recently over the disagreement with the government’s election investigation result have been cut short. In Aurisi, police has used force to disperse the demonstrator masses after things had started getting violent. It is unclear what led to the breaking point and who provoked the escalation, but the police and the protesters blame each other for provoking the clashes. The truth remains ambiguous. At the moment no casualties are being reported from the streets apart from many injuries on both sides. Tear gas, rubber bullets and bats were used to contain the crowds. Police have conducted mass arrests, targeting the most radical and “active” of the demonstrators who were showing most resistance and encouraged further disobedience. The police held no bias and chiefs of authorities report that among the arrestees are members of the AIT opposition coalition and other opposition political parties. They were detained for temporary incarceration. Other arrestees like the average street protesters and non-political civil opposition activists have been less lucky and are planned to be held under arrest for longer. At the moment it is not exactly clear for how long because criminal cases will have to be opened against them.

With the fall of capital Aurisi as the center of the nationwide anti-government protests, a chain reaction has followed in other parts of Vesvai. Some protests have dispersed on their own because of lack of leaders and organization. Others have fled out of fear of similar clashes with the police like in Aurisi. The third category has unfortunately followed the same path as the Aurisi protests. The police had to use force and conduct mass arrests. In a similar way, activists and average streets protesters have been detained for an undetermined period of time until criminal cases can be opened. Local officials and deputies that participated in the demonstrations were incarcerated temporarily.

Detained AIT members have said that “special treatment” will not make them sympathize with the VHU-led government and that they would continue to fight. Opposition politicians demanded human rights and equal treatment for all detainees, including street demonstrators and civil activists. Political and non-political opposition had, however, agreed that the masses should presently step back and end the protests because it will not lead to any results. Police brutality would only increase because the authorities will be determined to finish off the protests by force, unless the protests end themselves. To avoid fatalities, the opposition recommends to step back at present stage. AIT and civil activists have jointly agreed that the VHU-led government has “won the current battle, but not the war.”

In New Vesvai, the leadership has condemned the VHU government’s crackdown and reaffirmed once again that Vesvai’s democracy is dead. Solidarity marches are now happening in New Vesvai in a show of unity with those Vesvaians left behind in the northern half of the island under VHU administration. Solidarity marches are also said to be happening abroad, initiated by the Vesvaian diaspora in Corentia.

Back at the Parliament, PM Jonathan Mollisal and VU MPs applauded and praised the police. They said that the police had followed their duty of defending the law and arrested the radicals trying to direct the peaceful demonstrations towards mass unrest in Vesvai. The Prime Minister once again had a long and serious speech to give, which he ended with the presently trending phrase on the media: “The investigation – done, the election – fair. Move the hell on with your life.

Online and through other sources in Vesvai, conspiracy theories had been surging that the VHU-led parliament has prepared resolutions to introduce media censorship in Vesvai. Unconfirmed rumors have caused quite a reaction within the island nation. New independent media sources are surging in number, untouchable to government censorship and ready to battle state propaganda in case the VHU begins using national media as a political instrument. Independent Vesvaian media is reportedly setting up abroad as well for outside broadcasts of free information aimed at Vesvai. Some VHU MPs have already reacted to the conspiracies, saying that they are “slander by inside and outside enemies aimed at discrediting a democratic sovereign government.” A civilian anti-government activist justified the conspiracy as realistic: “These guys know that they are pushing Vesvai towards a revolution and they are terrified of it. They are prepared to begin slowly choking us all. Right now they just have their hands around our necks, but the pressing has not yet begun. The bolts will be tightened.”

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:25 am

Ophioneus Responds to "Wolf-Pact"
First Field Army Units along the Reich-Ophioneus Boarder

Jamestown In a press conference today in Jamestown, Press Secretary Varfolomei Varlaam announced that the Federation of Ophioneus will take a new policy line with the newly created "Wolf-Pact," or the Rezua/Reich/Ventismarian Alliance recently formed. In a short statement the alliance, Secretary Varlaam stated that the Federation "believes this alliance will only upset peace and tranquility in Ventismar," and blamed the Rezuan nation for ignoring recent diplomatic overtures by the Federation. A recent poll by the Journal show that the alliance has a 30% approval rate among many within the Federation. Results written back have described the organization as a means of influencing the situation in Eikangaard, and outright ignoring diplomatic overtures by the Federation to increase trade with Ventismar as a whole. Public polls show that militarizing the boarder with the Reich is also unpopular. Indeed, after Konetya, the National Assembly began debate on how best to protect the nation from foreign threats. Secretary Varlaam stated that the Federation will have no choice but to "respond to the Wolf Pact in kind," and secure the western boarder of the Federation.

The term "Wolf Pact" was used by the Secretary to describe the lone-wolf nature of the Alliance. Rezua, he argued, is often a rouge outcast on the international community. "This alliance is a justification for Rezua's constant need to use military force," the Secretary noted. "In the past year, most major crisises have been responded to by the Rezuans with the use of military force." The Secretary also continued to note Rezua's self-centered and often rude treatment of diplomats in the USA. "Indeed, they are brash when it comes to diplomacy," the man stated. In his last remarks, the Secretary expressed remorse and sorrow for nations joining the Wolf Pact, promising that they will be brought down by "Brash Rezuan actions." Instead, Varlaam stated, nations should be seeking to work with the Federation on a productive, mutually beneficial future.

Pundits suspect that this alliance caught the Federation off guard. It has been no secret that the Federation was looking into expanding diplomatic and military relations with nations in eastern Ventismar/southern Ophion. With the crisis in Dirkhizistan now unfolding, the Federation seems further backed into a corner. With the aggressive pace of reform within the nation, it appears Io is looking for stability.

More News:
- Dirkhizistan: Latest Global Crisis
- Eikangaard: Has the Bleeding Stopped
- National Assembly Continues Reform Rate
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Ophioneus: What's With The Hostility?

National Inquiry

In a shocking turn of events, Ophioneus has armed its western border and called for members of the East Ventismar Alliance to abandon it and seek trade with Ophioneus instead. The government of Ophioneus also denounced Rezua's diplomatic actions and condemned the nation for "ignoring the Federations offers for diplomatic relations". Parliament just recently sent an ambassador to the Federation and had a very productive discussion with them but a month ago. The the problem seems to be is that Ohpioneus feels left out, possibly threatened, by the East Ventismar Alliance.

Despite being internationally quiet for a few months, the empress came forward today to try to set Ophioneus at ease.

"This alliance is not against the Ophioneus. The East Ventismar Alliance was created after the formation of the Ventismar Federation. They placed a fee on trade, making it harder for East Ventismarians to trade with the Far West using the waters that border their nations. EVA's goals are to promote trade between EVA members in order to trade with each other and the Far West with less of a cost. It also places fair tariffs on VF goods in response to their fees on ours."

"EVA has a defensive pact only because the VF's military united together. EVA wishes to avoid having misunderstandings between an EVA member's military and the Ventismar Federation. By having a defense pact, it helps EVA members feel safer."

"In no way does this aim to threaten Ophioneus. The exact opposite in fact. EVA would love to trade with Ophioneus more. In order for this to happen though, we could like to request that the Federation does not return the troops it previously sent to its western border, in order to make Kiez feel less threatened and more willing to work with Ophioneus.

In Other News
-58% of Rezuans claim that Rezua "isn't welcome" in the international community in recent poll.
-Rezua the world's scapegoat?
-Why other nations can get away with murder.
-Rezuan businessmen claim to feel "less safe" in foreign nations.
-New trade deals concerning new trains is signed in with Belantica
Last edited by Rezua on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Belantica
Diplomat

Postby Belantica » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Celebrations Across The Nation For 4/20, Queen Heads To Layfet This Evening
Ever since cannabis was legalized in 2011 at the federal level in Belantica, April 20th has become a day in which many users come together to celebrate. Across many major cities and town far and wide, people gathered outside dressed in green or Rastafarian colors and celebrated the best way, by smoking the herb together. All kinds of stoner culture and cannabis-related activities occurred, including a contest on which of the country's top cultivators can produce the highest-quality harvest in their respective categories, being judged by experts in the industry. There was also a competition held by Sterling Glass Co. to design a new signature water pipe, and according to one of the judges, "We are having a hard time choosing a design since we are looking for the right one that combines the elements of style, technique, and technical elements and it's tough this year, we had many great submissions". Aside from that, many adults treat this day like a holiday, and there's even a petition being made to make it a legal holiday for the nation. Police were also out on patrol to make sure people were safe and not driving intoxicated.

Not only did the cannabis crowd have a good time, but the food industry, in general, did very well on this day alone. Almost all restaurants were open this day, knowing full well that an increase in business in many areas area happens. The places that faired the most popular were quick "in-and-out" establishments, such as various food bars, food trucks, hotdog stands, and pizzerias. "If you have anything to do with food, this day is a jackpot," said a 79-year-old man who runs a noodle truck with his children in Nuranto, "especially for us in the food truck game, since we can hit up all the major areas on a route, or travel with the crowds. It doesn't much much time to set up at each location, and there are people who will like what you serve. I think in just 8 hours of work, we managed to pull down 2,400 in sales, which ain't bad at all, and help us expand."

Even the Queen celebrated before departing to meet with members of the Layfet government. She celebrated with both friends and family in private, as well as with the public during the infamous "4:20" time in which she smoked a joint with Princess Viktoria and Prime Minister Mahoney in a crowd somewhere in the thousands. "It's a day of, no pun intended, high spirits," she stated, "and I wish this keeps going on, to recognize this as a day for peace and happiness. Someday I hope to see more places become more open with cannabis not for just recreation, but as a legitimate medical tool to treat those who are suffering." At around 7 PM BST, she, her wife, and the Prime Minister departed for Layfet and will help reform lost bonds both nations had in the past, which dwindled in recent decades following several disagreements politically. It is said both of them will return in two days once talks have finished. "It's important we fix this relationship," said the Prime Minister, "and normalize it to where it was before. They have been an excellent business partner in the past, which started in the 1980's, slowly started to dwindle. We hope we can promote both economies in these rough times."

In Other News
-Ministry of Foreign Affairs says that "Drikizistan clearly has issues with western nations, and that if they wish to work with the United Queendoms, tell need to send an official to Center City"
-Mass unrest in Vesvai over the ending of a months-long investigation on their elections. Travel advisory issued
-H&R and Tatayama already placing bids on contracts to mine the rare-earth elements.
-David Ghetty trashes Drizhizstan, received very well among Belanticans.
-Work already beginning on the eastern causeway span and ground sections of the Great Northern Bridge
-Ophion Federation isn't in favor of a so-called eastern Ventismar "Wolf Pact", Belantic officials say "while it may tarnish an ally of our's image, we don't much much to say on the topic"
Last edited by Belantica on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
_[' ]_

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Ispanzan National News

The Ispanzan government has just announced that they will indeed be sending an ambassador the the Hoggan Islands; more commonly referred to as the Nina Islands. Artur Scott Beuford has already been selected as the ambassador to this fledgling nation.

"We in Ispanza want to promote peaceful and cooperative relations with our new brothers and sisters, as well as new Commonwealth compatriots. While they are still partially a Layfetian underling, we want to start our relationship early. Their constitution is underway and we are excited to welcome them to them international community." Said Prime Minister Sir Harold Saunders.

Artur Scott Beuford is relatively new to the diplomatic scene, as researched by this reporter, having been working with the Ministry of Diplomacy for only two years. He does however have a masters in international relations and development, as well as experience working in foreign trade with the private company the ICR Shipping Company, with four years of employment history.

Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesvai » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 pm

VNNHD

Vesvai’s Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of The General Election Investigation Result

The police around the nation resumes dispersing the remainder of the protests against Vesvai’s government and against the result of the general election investigation. We remind that the investigation has concluded that the election was fair. To make this result indisputable and ironclad, it was taken to the Supreme Court itself which usually has the final say in these kind of situations. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the government-sanctioned investigation result. This has put the law and supposed justice behind the back of the VHU-led government. The opposition has been left without arguments, other than criticizing the system for being corrupt. The leadership of New Vesvai has condemned the “sell-out Supreme Court”, but there could not have been much citizen reaction on the northern half of the island. The out-of-breath protests still left over from when the government had published the results, have also called out the Supreme Court, but not as intensely. The protesters were more focused on escaping detainment by the police. Chiefs of the authorities in Aurisi and other major cities around Vesvai say that the “head of the snake has been cut off.” This suggests that the detainment of government and civil opposition leaders has paralyzed the protests and made them unable to progress. The whole uprising is falling apart before our eyes.

At the Parliament, PM Jonathan Mollisal took the stage with a much more enthusiastic and relieved look on his face: “I want to thank the Supreme Court for making the right decision and for truly being the protectors of Vesvaian law. You should not doubt your decision for a second and don’t even listen to the radicals, the populists and the national traitors who dare to tell you that you had gone against the people. You had defend Vesvai’s Constitution which means that you acted in people’s interest. You put the final nail in the coffin for this whole unnecessary story and have shown that “street justice” does not apply in Vesvai. The criminals off the streets who have been perpetuating this whole unrest will have cases opened up against them and I’m confident they’ll end up behind bars where they belong. As for our fellow MPs from AIT and other opposition parties, well….we might have to think about legally voting them out of Parliament for their contribution to this whole fiasco. We are a nation where a rule of law dominates, so I’m confident that justice will prevail. My fellow MPs and citizens, I suggest we let the law take care of the criminals in our ranks, thank that the situation is getting back under control and move on with our lives, shall we?”

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:17 am

Sunrisian Convet Set To Debate “Individual Sanctions Package” Resolution Concerning Select Personas In Dirkhizistan, Daredland, Vesvai And North Baggnagia

Members of the Convet of Sunrisia are getting ready to debate a submitted resolution drafted by one of the parties in the ruling parliamentary coalition. The resolution is unofficially dubbed – the “Individual Sanctions Package” and, as its’ name suggests, will be aimed at imposing sanctions on select individuals or even entire governments in the countries that are included in the resolution. Those countries are – Dirkhizistan, Daredland, Vesvai and North Baggnagia. 2 of the 4 countries mentioned in the resolution – Vesvai and North Baggnagia, already have individual sanctions imposed against their government officials and those associated with them. Given the most recent developments, the resolution updates the list with new countries and with new extensions of existing sanctions.

The Speaker of the Sunrisian Convet and separate parliamentarians had shared more info on the resolution behind the scenes with the media, but the primary declaration on what the submitted resolution is about, has been laid out by the Speaker during a session at the Convet itself:

We have yet to debate this new resolution and to vote on it, so it only remains a drafted document. The “Individual Sanctions Package” is aimed at imposing individual sanctions against select personas in the countries of Dirkhizistan, Daredland, Vesvai and North Baggnagia. Once again, these are individual sanctions that are not aimed at those states or all their people, but at select individuals in those countries.

The Dirkhizistan individual sanctions will target the new regime in the country and its associates. The Sunrisian Second Republic is concerned with Dirkhizistan’s crossing over into an extremist path and with what would come of the human rights situation in Dirkhizistan. After a military coup, the new regime led by Arni Nazarxon has isolated Dirkhizistan and is unilaterally imposing extremist laws without proper representation of the citizens. This is not about anti-Islamic rhetoric and we would not waste our time on anything of the sort, because we have our own unique religions and traditions under our preservation. Our concern is basic human dignity in regards to ordinary Dirkhiz citizens and also regarding regional and global security. Severely isolated regimes, whether self-isolated or isolated by the surrounding world, are dangerous because soon they might develop a perverted vision and an embodiment of darkness, where law, justice, dignity and decency are absent, and where anarchy or psychopathy rules. It could eventually spill over beyond their borders. We do not seek fear-mongering, but we are saying that this must not go unnoticed.

Next country in the resolution is Daredland, a country which Sunrisia shares friendly relations with. However, select new faces in Daredi politics, as well as Daredi authorities, have used mass detainment and repressions against demonstrators on the streets. The Daredi government carries responsibility for this, however, in case it was entirely the authorities undertaking questionable methods, then the Daredi government has failed to react. President Dêc Grétân has mentioned earlier that he would attempt to contact Chancellor Calvin Aigner for clarifications on what appears to be political crackdown in a country that models itself as a democracy. However, the largest arenas of offense in Daredland are the self-proclaimed Hasperan Republic and the Weniges Reich. In Hasperan Republic, the Daredi media reported of forceful crackdowns against protesters, whose demonstrations concerned the political developments in the capital and other parts of Daredland. In the Weniges Reich, a territory held by militants and occupying military forces of Engleberg, the situation is entirely mysterious, since that land is cut off from the rest of Daredland. The individual sanctions would be aimed at those particular people responsible for crackdown on protests and repressions around Daredland. This includes the authorities of the Hasperan Republic, officers of the authorities heading crackdowns in other parts of Daredland, as well as the leadership of the Weniges Reich for the continued terrorizing of eastern Daredi lands they had occupied. Officials from the central Daredi government have not yet been included, since we do not obtain information on their participation in these violations.

A similar reasoning for the continued individual sanctions and even toughening of sanctions concerns the neighboring island country of Vesvai. Just now, we have seen a violent crackdown on street protests disagreeing with the results of an investigation on electoral fraud carried out entirely by the government of Vesvai. The investigation has unsurprisingly concluded in the government’s favor, stating that the last general election which has helped keep the incumbent party’s dominant role in Vesvai, was entirely fair. Those who disagreed were gassed, beaten and locked-up. It makes us sympathize more and more with the claims by the opposition of Vesvai, whether political or civilian, that the island country is moving in an authoritarian direction. We are not going to debate the results of the investigation since that indeed remains an internal affair of Vesvai, though the mass protests make us trust the judgment of the citizens, who obviously claim that the election was, in fact, not fair. However, just for the crackdown we have witnessed alone, this resolution includes calls to toughen sanctions against the government officials of Vesvai, including against Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal. The administration of the Sunrisian President, whether our previous head of state Nóv Fáustîtár or the incumbent Dêc Grétân, both admit that the government of Vesvai has been more engaging under the current Prime Minister rather than his predecessor. Many negotiation initiatives were shown from the Vesvaian side and requests were made to lift personal sanctions at least aimed at Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal. However, our government does not see a reason in doing so. Still, these attempts to reach out do offer hope that the government of Vesvai might change their behavior.

Finally, the last country on the list is North Baggnagia. Former President of Baggnagia and now a dictator of a new nation of North Baggnagia – Fran Hapénic, has shattered his once united land into pieces. He and his newly-formed regime have now turned Baggnagians on his side of the border into hostages of his tyranny. Apart from him building North Baggnagia as a dictatorship, his regime has also been responsible for state sponsorship of terrorism by supporting the Core terrorist group waging an insurgency in South Baggnagia and he is also responsible for the annexation of Baggnagia-Neodvisni, one of independent nations that was created from Baggnagia's physical collapse. Mr. Hapénic and his loyalists have already been and remain under individual sanctions from Sunrisia that were imposed at the early stages of the Baggnagian crisis, when he still aimed to take out the parliament and put still-united Baggnagia entirely under his control. Since then, he has formed his new team, which has followed him in conducting a whole series of other crimes. Therefore, this resolution includes toughening personal sanctions against Fran Hapénic, his regime and those associated with it.

In conclusion, I want to remind to the citizens that this remains a drafted resolution. We will debate a vote on it in the next session, after which it will go to President Dêc Grétân for his signature so that it may go into force.

Separate sources claim that the list of individuals targeted for sanctions has been compiled based on information from public sources and with the help of the Sunrisian Prime Intelligence Division (PID). Apart from this sanctions package resolution, the Convet also plans to vote on whether to create the position of a special media representative for the administration of the Sunrisian President, who will be responsible for contacts with journalists and media in general.

In other news:

• President Dêc Grétân, Department of Security and head command of the Sunrisian Defense Force (SDF) looking through possible nominees for the position of Secretary of Sunrisia in MDAA, a Sunrisian representative at the MDAA Secretariat.

• Several Sunrisian army commanders confirm that the radiation threat in northwestern Zilveren Berg has “factually passed”, but the full clean-up is ongoing.

• Sunrisian military police set to help out in temporary patrols of South Baggnagian regions liberated from the Core terrorist group. Ground troops are set to partake in de-mining operations. Air Force takes over most of combat reinforcement against the Core militants.

Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:14 am

ImageImage

Aznazia Supports Vesvai and Calls for Peace
By: Sarah Collins

UPDATED: 12 Pm April 21st

In a televised press conference at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Secretary of Foreign Affairs Dwight Folwer spoke to journalists about Aznazia's response to the violent crack down against protestors in Vesvai. It is unknown whether police or protestors started the violence, but hundreds were injured on both sides. The Secretary stated that Aznazia has not supported either side in order to respect the internal dialogue that needs to be taken. However the Secretary has stated that after speaking with the Chancellor, "Aznazia condemns incited violence and hereby calls for peaceful dialogue rather than violence". The Secretary also went on to inform the press that Aznazia supports the findings of the Vesvai Supreme Court. "The Supreme Court of Vesvai has proven that the rule of law still reigns in Vesvai. Members of a Supreme Court have sworn to put aside their personal biases and have ruled that the Vesvai General Election was fair". When asked about the conspiracy theories about a potential crackdown on the free press in Vesvai, the Secretary dismissed the claims as "the dying breath of desperate radicals".

After some questions were answered, the Secretary then turned his attention to the statement made by the Speaker of the Sunrisian Convet. "While Aznazia condemns any violence, we believe that it is important for nations to look at foreign events in a fair perspective. Some foreign politicians have continued their campaign to damage the image of the Vesvai government without evidence and to dramatize the events in Vesvai. While it is understandable to have sympathy for those injured demonstrating their freedom of expression, it is concerning that some government officials from nations like Sunrisia would continue to support radicals who wish to disrupt the peace that the majority of Vesvai wants". Sunrisia has been a strong supporter of the opposition in Vesvai ever since the election and the formation of New Vesvai. The Secretary then ended the conference by stating that "the Vesvaian people will always be supported by Aznazia due their commitment to freedom, democracy, and the rule of law".

Meanwhile, the Chancellery also announced that the Chancellor would be meeting with Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal in the near future to discuss the latest events and to show solidarity against foreign pressure to his election.

In other news
- Senate seats held by National Democrats look to be changing to Bison Party support in upcoming June election
- Spring comes to Aznazia after a cold start
- Republic of Eikangaard and Aznazia benefit from new trade
- Crawford buys electric buses from Belantica to replace natural gas powered transportation
- 5 dead in an apartment complex fire in Frigusten due to a broken sprinkler system
- Investors eye Layfet as the nation opens its markets
- Pantorrum begins the delivery of Maritime Patrol Aircraft to the Aznazian navy
- Coastal towns prepare themselves for tourists.

The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

South Baggnagia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Baggnagia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:29 pm

South Baggnagian intelligence are tracing leader and other commanders of the Core militants

JUGAC, SOUTH BAGGNAGIA – It is no secret that Baggnagian intelligence agencies have been involved in helping the military’s fight against the Core militant group. The troops have been doing it on the field, while the agents fought from their offices, headquarters and other locations. To keep the terrorists unprepared, the intelligence missions were not publicly discussed. The details have obviously been kept discrete. Officials have not been talking much about them, but have not denied that the intelligence is working against the Core. It is obvious at this point that the agencies are fulfilling their role for national security at times of threat.

Defense officials felt that South Baggnagians should receive some good news to brighten up their day at these times. Citizens have a right to be updated on how the anti-Core campaign is going. Military officers have informed the public that the South Baggnagian intelligence is locked on men and women, whom are the confirmed commanders of the Core. This includes the man believed to be their top leader. After the military openly spoke of this information, the Chamber of Deputies started publicly discussing it with ease too. The members of parliament had this information come to them from Acting President Alexander Lončár. As acting national leader, he is usually the one directly briefed by agencies on info from the field. On occasion, the Prime Minister is brief together with him. After the military, the acting president and members of parliament started openly talking about intelligence on the Core, agents did start admitting that the Core commanders are in their “eyesight.” They still keep the majority of the information discrete, but strategically allow themselves to openly talk about some of their work. This is to keep the South Baggnagian public is calm and the Core terrorists nervous. The info that is strongly being kept from public leakage are the names, the number, the gender, the appearance, the location and other details about the Core command. The public does not yet know if the people in command of the Core terrorist group are locals, North Baggnagian officers, mercenaries or a mix of all. The South Baggnagian government wants to let the terrorists know that they will definitely be properly dealt with, but not when and where for obvious reasons. Experts applaud this strategy because it helps psychologically torture the terrorists and their sponsors a little bit before they are finally captured or taken out.

The fight against the Core appears to be going well, but there are also others news in the life of South Baggnagia. The recent and most interesting comes from the field of foreign policy. Just this week South Baggnagia has asked for an observer status in MDAA and has taken an active stance against Dirkhizistan for putting South Baggnagia in what looks to be a list of enemy nations. The new Islamic government has banned “western propaganda” and that law applies to cultural influences from South Baggnagia. Acting President Alexander Lončár and the Chamber of Deputies have agreed that it would not be a big hit to South Baggnagia because the nation’s film, musical, sports and other industries can always find alternative markets around the big world. The South Baggnagian government is instead concerned and disappointed with the path that Dirkhizistan is currently in. With aggressive and autocratic North Baggnagia next door, South Baggnagia has developed a serious distaste for dictatorships.
Last edited by South Baggnagia on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umbrellya
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbrellya » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:32 pm

Umbrellya looking to trade with new countries or expand existing relationships

MARKOM - The government of Umbrellya is currently attempting to form new or expand existing trade relationships with other countries. While not exactly unpredictable, it does represent a swift and sudden change in foreign policy and Umbrellya's important trade relationship with one of Ventismar's most significant regional powers.

Before being launched with sanctions against the VU, Rezua and Umbrellya enjoyed a rather comfortable trade relationship and productive political ties. A large portion of Umbrellya's imports came from here; particularly steel, grain, and titanium.

The meltdown of relations and rise of hostilities between Rezua and the Ventismarian Union has critically impacted Umbrelliet imports and exports, to the point where Umbrellya is focused on importing from other nations abroad.

A majority of Umbrellya's trade relationships are focused between other members of the VU, most notably: Lindenholt, Capsland and Allentyr. However, several specific resources could only be imported from Rezua. Due to a complete dissolution in friendly relations, the VU and Rezua are scrambling to find trade alternatives for each other, especially Umbrellya.

Gdańsk's administration has expressed significant interest in importing steel, uranium, automobiles & auto parts, grain and titanium. As action against these sanctions, Gdańsk is redirecting Umbrelliet exports from Rezua to other nations.

IN OTHER NEWS:

- Umbrelliet purchases cutting-edge military vehicles from Allentyr
- Zlotyra Stock Exchange plummets 90 points in seventh consecutive day of decline
Things about me!
PRO: capitalism, liberalism, religion, free speech, business, West, choice, same-sex rights, egalitarian, free market
ANTI: far-left politics, far-right politics, social justice warriors, globalism

Dirkhizistan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dirkhizistan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:26 am

More countries added to list of banned media

Nazarxon reading his Quran before his speech

Today Koshbashi Nazarxon has announced he will add more countries to the list of nations with a ban on media, the nations mostly being western ones. The nations have been infiltrating Dirkhizistan with western ideas and trying to rid the nation of it's own culture and religion. The nations added to the list are Molenston, Umbrellya, Eikengaard, D'Flueves, Smoya, Lindonholt, Felsinia, North Baggnagia, Yizriya, Vesvai, Layfet, and Capsland. The media from nations will no longer be legal in this nation from on alongside the other 15 nations. Today the government announced they are considering possibly even more nations being added.
Government to enact "Bolinu Zani" or "Seperation Law" on Hudans and jews
Checkpoint on Hilahstani border with Rombadistan

Today the government enacted a new law, the law is called Bolinu Zani, or Seperation Law, the laws are meant to split Dirkhiz muslims from Hudan Hindus and Dirkhiz Jews and keep peace in the nation. Some westerners wound call the laws a smaller version of Apartheid. The laws will create many checkpoints and other defenses between the ethnic Hudan borders and the rest of Dirkhizistan and split Hudans from Dirkhiz Muslim-only places such as schools, shops, public transport, and more. The laws will keep Hudans and their culture from getting too close to Dirkhiz and their culture. The law also bans jews from many events and public locations that Hudans too are banned from. This is to keep Jewish lies from leaking into Dirkhiz culture and killing off our nation and turning us over to westerners. The government already knows the nation is being attacked by the west with sanctions, verbal attacks, and more restrictions. Nazarxon said that the west's attacks on the nation will not break the people of Dirkhizistan. We already know the west will attack us once again for protecting our culture and our nation with these new Bolinu Zani laws.

OTHER STORIES:
Sunrisia attacks Dirkhizistan with sanctions

nearly 500 transgenders arrested across Dirkhizistan

South Baggnagia attacks Dirkhizistan due to media ban

Nazarxon considering when to start a nuclear weapons program, reports say

jaahahahhhahh grmamr
Last edited by Dirkhizistan on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pittsburghese

Tol Eresea
Envoy

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tol Eresea » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:46 am

"Government Bans the 'Wolves of Ireya' Organisation"

The National Government of Tol Eresea has issued a decree officially banning the Wolves of Ireya Organisation today, citing it's hateful doctrines and calls for violence against minorities and other religions.
TOP STORIES
Dirkhizistan continues to ban "Western Media"

Aznazia Supports Vesvai

Umbrellya expanding trade

Today the Orayerië i Cování Ilya, the Presidium of the Supreme Council of Tol Eresea, issued a decree banning the religious organisation known as the Wolves of Ireya. The Wolves of Ireya, founded in 1984, has become known as an organisation that incites hatred and violence amongst its members.

Founder of the organisation, Éldis Anga, who styles herself as the Priestess of Ireya, states that the organisation was founded in 1984 to bring "the worship of Ireya back to Tol Eresea after it was destroyed centuries ago." Ireya was a god in the pre-Tol Eresean culture believed to have been associated with hunting due to his association with wolves. After the arrival of the Tol Eresean people, however, the pre-Tol Eresean gods were turned into the Úxanyasi Málafyía - the shadow gods, dark and evil gods and goddesses in the Tol Eresean religion.

Ireya was turned into a god of chaos and devouring in the Úxanyasi Málafyía. The Priestess of Ireya, however, disagrees with this. She states that her religious movement is meant to return Ireya to his rightful place. However, in the decades since its founding the organisation has harboured many hateful, extremist thoughts.

Part of its ideology states that "those who lessened Ireya must suffer, those who refuse to kneel before Ireya must suffer, those who are not born of this land must suffer." This has lead to the organisation inciting hatred for other religions and ethnic groups. This lead to the Presidium's decision today.

Under Tol Eresean Law hate groups that incite real threats of violence are banned. However, the Tol Eresean constitution also grants freedom of religion. The Presidium began to meet in January of this year to discuss and interpret the two laws to determine whether the Wolves of Ireya were classifiable as a hate group under Tol Eresean law or if they were protected as a religious organisation.

Yarion Almáreon, Chairman of the Presidium announced today that after much deliberation the Presidium agreed that the constitution does not protect hate groups as religious organisations if they incite real threats of violence, leading to their ban.
Éire
Music!
Gaeilgeoir

Avid reader

Ní thuigeann an sách an seang.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Rezuan Ambassadors Will Not Leave Dirkhizistan Yet, Rezuan Protectorate Formed

Rez News

Following the rise of Koshbashi Nazarxon to power in Dirkhizistan there have been sweeping changes to the nation. Western media has been banned within the nation, censoring the spread of ideas and eliminating freedom of speech and association. Adding on to this, the new Separation Laws will be added to separate the people of Dirkhizistan. These changes claim to be in the best interest of Dirkhizistan. The blocking of western media is said to help Dirkhizistan become more independent. The separation of its people said to be to protect Dirkhiz culture. The truth of the matter is this: it will only cause pain, suffering, and violence.

Today, Prime Minister Leonart delivered a statement on the state of affairs in Dirkhizistan and how parliament will work with the empress to try and bring about a solution.

"My party was elected into power because we promised our people that we would be allowing nations to have their own identity. We were elected to keep Rezua in a positive light with the world, to simply let other nations be. However, we are also a people grounded in moral tradition that has roots in our feudal way of life from centuries ago. The Rezuan Empire was founded to unify a federation of five kingdoms, as well as thirteen principalities, and four grand duchies.

Surprising to hear that our empire has more diversity that most think isn't it? To this day, our western and eastern citizens still have differing views of the world. Thankfully, we do not live in the dark ages, where knights rode into villages and cut down peasants. Disputes were common in the early empire. It took a long time for us to come together as one nation. Rezua was not really united until Tsar Fredrick Ottomar passed the Noble and Just Reforms of sixteen sixty-seven.

Rezua is not just for Ethetarians, Rezovians, Boreni, Kielvan, Iverisites, Angardi, Eomerians, Kurzerans, Sorilette, Rhodeve, Kiezian, Ophionese, or any of our thirty-five ethnic groups. We are not just Catholic, but are also Protestant, Muslim, Jewish, and so much more. It is for everyonewho calls these lands their home. It is for everyone who wishes to stand beside their fellow Rezuan in harmony and live life as a Rezuan.

The issues arising in Dirkhizistan will not unite their nation. Placing restrictions on what their people can do and think and say will make them more resistant to their government. Dividing up their people into categories will only beget hate. Looking for division in a nation will bring just that, division. Dirkhizistan is slowly isolating itself from not just the world, but from itself as well. Separating neighbors will turn countrymen into strangers. Children will grow up seeing nothing but seperation and grow up seeing only separation in return. And in their hearts shall grow anger against whatever it is that separates them.

Recently, the Rezaun people were separated for seventy-five years and have only been together again for eighteen years. Our people have seen separation. We have seen division by east and west. We have seen a wall separating one half of our people from the other. A war happened because there were those who's hearts had grown to hate their own people. But it was not from hate that our peace came. For eight years, our nation has enjoyed internal unity. We might not have always agreed, but we have not resorted to dividing ourselves up. Our peace came from forgiveness and from acceptance. Not just from the empress, but also from parliament, and from the people caught in the middle of this conflict. We could have throw that wall back up. We could have sealed ourselves off from each other. For another seventy-five years we could have been isolated, storing up mistrust of each other. Instead we chose to pick up the pieces together. When a bone breaks, it is weakened than what is was before. Our nation was like that broken bone. We had a national identity that came shattering down on us through the lies of one tsar who chose to make war with our international neighbors. And for years, we sat as a broken bone. Separate. Isolated. Weak. And after a war, that bone mended. And when a bone heals, it is stronger than it was before. We found our peace not in that war, but because of that war. The hatred burning inside of us was unleashed and it destroyed everything it touched.

I call upon Koshbashi Nazarxon to stop these Separation Laws. A divided people is a broken bone, useless, isolated, and painful. Jew or Muslim, all inside Dirkhizistan are Dirkhiz. A people that cannot accept itself is doomed to the same mistake we made eight years ago. War will not bring enlightenment or some racial or religious justification. It will bring desolation upon the nation. If Dirkhizistan breaks itself up into categories, there is no need to fear foreign influence. Its own people will be the ones who destroy their own nation.

We wish to keep our embassy open as a message. A message of hope. Rezua was a broken and divided people. But now we have found peace. We found acceptance. We found unity. We urge all Dirkhiz to stand together as brothers and sisters and peacefully protest these laws of isolation. For once a bone is broken, it shall either heal or fall to rot and decay. "

Currently, the Rezuan embassy in Dirkhzistan remains open. Parliament remains hopeful that this message will inspire productive dialogue between the religous and ethnic groups of Dirkhizistan.

On an unrelated note, the parliament was faced with a major decision this week. Talks with the Nina Islands have been extremely productive and have lead to trade between the new nation and Rezua. In addition, the empire has been granted a military base in the Nina Islands. What makes this exchange more controversial is the fact that the Nina Islands have no military.

Due to their peaceful independence and relative small size, the Nina Islands has not yet created a military to defend their island from piracy and possible invasion. During talks with the Nina Islands, the Rezuan Empire was granted the right to protect the Nina Islands with her military. What makes this so controversial is that Rezuan troops stationed on the Nina Islands will be defending a completely separate nation than their own. And with this comes a need for wages for those troops, expenses for the small coastal defense ships that will be stationed at the base, and many other costs. Costs that the Nina Islands would not be paying. Meaning, the burden of defense currently falls solely on Rezua. If the Nina Islands had a military, Rezua would only have to worry about its own base. But since the entire island chain's defense falls to Rezua, parliament has decided to create a new organization, the Rezuan Protectorate.

This organization will allow Rezua to defend foreign nations with its military, provided that the other nation is both wants this protection and also pays for a portion of the costs for their defense. The Rezuan Protectorate will allow Nina Islanders to join the Rezuan military soley on the Nina Islands to assist in the defense of their nation. If requested, the Rezuan military will train a local military. The Nina Islands have the right to opt out of the Protectorate whenever they wish since this organization will not hinder their sovereignty at all.

In Other News
-Birthday month is over, Princesses Aria and Christina a year older, as is the former prime minister, Franz Hoelmon.
-Empress Ymira greets more people than usual in her open hours.
-Peaceful protesters under the name "Peace for All Peoples" have taken to the streets to call attention to finding healthy national identities.
-Kyle Shaffer, leader of the Blue Party, dies at the age of 101. Few men have served under all the Everen monarchs. A national funeral will be held for a man who was a stable in Rezuan politics for most of his adult life.
-Four coastal defense ships, 200 marines, and 10 aircraft go to the Sorilette Isles.
Last edited by Rezua on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Belantica
Diplomat

Postby Belantica » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Belantica Backs Up Vesvai's Government
Recently in the news, there has been increaed coverage of events of Vesvai following the investigation of fraud within their elections. The results of that investigation shows that the elections were indeed fair and in the right, and the Supreme Court of Vesvai also has ruled in favor of the result of said investigation. However, many radicals in the country areacting as if the investigation is falsified and not satisfied with the results they have wanted, and the splinter state of New Vesvai is believed to be encouraging unrest and violence against the legitimate government that the United Queendoms recognizes the true authority over Vesvai. Furthermore, officials in Belantica are beginning to grow weary of the affairs happening in New Vesvai, suspecting foul play is involved and being encouraged by outside parties. While many stated the responce of the Vesvai government was a bit too violent, many believe it was a justified decision against a group promoting unrest in that nation.

"We here at the Government of Belantica stand with the decision of Vesvai's courts and the result of that investigation," said Cheif Cabinet Secretary Wilkes, "the fact is this investigation started several months ago and turned up with results that indeed the elections were fair and honest, and that people should note such investigation do take a long time to complete. The radicals in New Vesvai simply refuse to acknowledge the facts, and act in such a way that they openly support inciting civil unrest and possible violence within their own "borders" and throughout Vesvai. Let it be known that the United has never recognized New Vesvai as the legitimate government of that nation, and that is is nothing more than a radical political organization that may try to provoke a civil war between itself and the government, which is one thing that we believe many citizens of Vesvai do not want, and rather go about their day living a peaceful and normal life. On top of this, because New Vesvai is a splinter-state, we have come to the conclusion that the affairs within it are either under the control or heavily influenced by outside parties, and only growing suspicion among a few nations, including the Unit6ed Queendoms. Some will say there of evidence of this claim, but we definitely think there is foul play going on within New Vesvai to keep these radicals going and provoke the legitimate government for any little thing they don't agree with. It also raises the question whether certain nations are doing this on purpose to push their influence into their neighbors, especially the fact that once New Vesvai came to be and act in its immature manner, that Sunrisia was one of the first to actively declare their support, leading us to believe that the Sunrisian Convent has their hand in New Vesvai policy, practically setting up a proto-state to incite unrest for their gain, which is a low for any nation. At this time, along with the extremist government of Dirkhizistan, sanctions will be placed on New Vesvai and Sunrisian officials, including the Convent of Sunrisia, which was one of the first to sanction the legitimate government of Vesvai."

Wilkes also told the press that he will be open to communication with all parties involved, and said that this is to work towards a peacful solution before more violence is created by radicals. Meanwhile, the Queen is abscent from ths issue, as she and the Prime Minister are enguaged in talks with Layfetian officials to promote new economic deals between Layfet and the United Queendoms, including the proposal of exporting Belantic rail technology to the nation.

In Other News
-Several operators of nuclear plants begin to purchase uranium from Rhodevus
-Tol Eresea bans religious hate group "You got to stop that nonsense before it gets really bad" stated a Catholic priest
-Dam project proposed by NEPCO stalls in the New Albany state legislature, with hard lines being drawn on the project
-Despite the economic slump, train and bus factories are busy with orders from customers at home and abroad
-12 people killed when a highway bus was struck by an ore truck near Winfrey, police found that the traffic signals were hacked and have deployed traffic officers to replace lights in nearby areas
-Prime Minister says that "we're open to more trade" with Umbrellya
Last edited by Belantica on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_

Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesvai » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:34 pm

VNNHD

Aznazian Chancellor Set To Visit Vesvai, Parliament Passes Anti-Protest Law, Opposition MPs Stripped Of Diplomatic Immunity, Solidarity Marches Held In New Vesvai And By Vesvaians Abroad

Aznazian Chancellor Fredrick Pudikov is set to make an official state visit to Vesvai. The Chancellor is scheduled to meet PM Jonathan Mollisal, maybe Governor-General Andrew Gaileta along with other government officials, MPs and deputies. The Aznazian leader might also tour other parts of Vesvai. The exact date and timing of the visit is yet to be unveiled.

In the meantime, Vesvai’s government remains hard at work with the goal of bringing back order to the nation after the most recent crisis wave. The VHU-led parliament has passed a controversial anti-protest law which prohibits large public gatherings across Vesvai for the near future. VHU MPs and PM Jonathan Mollisal himself admit that this law does factually ban protests and demonstrations in Vesvai, but the government has still backed-up the law. Additionally, the new rule will dramatically increase the presence of police in all major cities of Vesvai to watch over public order. The law also includes a curfew for the next two weeks, where the streets of Vesvai must emptied by 10 p.m. CST. The government has decided not to declare a state of emergency and instead applied its rules to the new law. The curfew would only be in force for the following two weeks, but the anti-gathering and increased policing would from now on be forever. The new public rules would not change until the government decides to change the law. MPs have clarified that sometime in the future public gathering and even protests or demonstrations might be legalized again, but the organizers will need to apply for permits and coordinate with authorities.

PM Jonathan Mollisal said the following on the new law in a tougher and less PC tone: “Forget the luxury and stop crying about freedom of speech. We are in a serious situation. We do not want to declare a state of emergency because it will only make life that much tougher since we don’t know for how long that state of emergency might have to last. Instead we had decided to give our citizens the “soft version” of what might be a consistent state of emergency. You’ll get used to it. Stop being so selfish and individualistic. Be a little bit more patriotic and sacrifice something for our nation. All citizens are legally obliged to sacrifice their life if they are called up, so this is one of the easier sacrifices.”

Vesvai’s Parliament has also decided to stop tolerating the opposition politicians who have used their diplomatic immunity to encourage one mass protest after another without fear of consequences. This primarily applies to members of AIT opposition coalition and minority parties in the parliament. The parliament has voted to strip them of their diplomatic immunity so that the next time a large protest is encouraged by them, the police could detain, incarcerate and the law could even sentence them in court. The parliament has decided not to vote the MPs out of office, because they had won their seats in the general election and cannot be totally removed. Next time these MPs would violate existing and new laws, they would risk their careers and freedom. Recently the police has freed AIT and other party MPs detained in the last demonstrations, but they had refused to show up at the parliament. They continue boycotting the parliamentary sessions because they consider VHU’s leadership in the government illegitimate. The current boycotts are about a continued protest against VHU, but also include new reasons for them. Opposition MPs continue to demand that VHU liberate civil activists that were detained alongside them in the last protests. PM Jonathan Mollisal and the ruling VHU party have rejected the calls and state that those civil activists are awaiting trial.

On top of all these events, hundreds of thousands continue partaking in solidarity marches in New Vesvai against the government and in support of the protesters. Soldiers of the Vesvaian Revolutionary Army (VRA) made out of defectors, have fired symbolic shots into the sky. Flags of Vesvai and New Vesvai were waved by those marching. Candles were lit and flashmobs organized. Temporary Administrator of New Vesvai addressed the public: “This is why we have not declared our independence. We cannot leave behind our own people on the other side. We will stay with them in one nation, but govern our quarter of the island under a parallel government which is an alternative to the one that is in Aurisi right now. We are not in a separate break-away country or a “splinter-state” as one nation out there has called us recently. But we are on a frontline which I would call a frozen frontline because not shots are being fired. And no shots will hopefully be fired because we are committed to a peaceful existence. But we are also committed to freedom for Vesvaians. We in New Vesvai know that we will not seek a forceful reintegration or open fire against anybody. It’s because we are not the animals here, no offense to animals. The ones sick in the head are Mollisal, Praeterit and their VHU dictatorship in Aurisi.”

Following an example of New Vesvai, the Vesvaian diaspora in Corentian nations is also leading mass solidarity demonstrations in support of the protesters and against the current government of Vesvai. PM Jonathan Mollisal suggested to ignore demonstrations in New Vesvai and by Vesvaians abroad because: “[T]hey have left our nation, so their opinion of what goes on in Vesvai matters less. That's just a fact.”

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Sunrisian Convet Passes “Individual Sanctions Package”, President Dêc Grétân Signs It Into Law

The Convet of Sunrisia has unanimously passed the “Individual Sanctions Package” as it is called by its’ unofficial name. The resolution is aimed at individuals, mostly government and authority figures, in Dirkhizistan, Daredland, Vesvai, North Baggnagia and Belantica. The latter country was added in the final draft of the resolution when the Sunrisian government decided to respond with counter-sanctions against the island country’s leadership. After the resolution had passed, it had gone to the office of President Dêc Grétân, where the head of state had signed it into law. Minister of International Relations Ectrăr Álienan released a short statement on the bill, where he said:

In the last 48+ hours, the regime in Dirkhizistan has gone forward with imposing new repressive rules against Dirkhiz citizens and confrontational rules against other countries. The former is more important to us than the latter, but overall it shows the attitude that the new regime in Kheshkek is projecting. Meanwhile, the government of Vesvai is moving towards completing its transformational journey from a government with questionable priorities into a classical authoritarian regime. The anti-protest law and a continued imprisonment of activists have become authoritarian clichés at this point and the government of Vesvai is following them. The island country is transforming into a prison and the transformation of Vesvai’s officials into despots can even be reflect in their change of tone and their rhetoric, which is starting to sound less professional and resembles either street lingo or an attitude of an annoyed teenager. This might be a trivial example, but even such small details can sometimes be very reflective. We don’t need to go far to get a good look at the heartache that the actions of Vesvai’s government are causing, since our own Vesvaian communities here in Sunrisia are perfectly demonstrating to the rest of us in this country, what their nation is going through. The recent steps by leaderships in Dirkhizistan and Vesvai make this resolution that much more justifiable and the Grétân administration commends the Convet members for taking this step.

The Convet has additionally voted to establish a new position in the government which would be – the Media Representative for the Administration and Cabinet of the President. After this new office was established, President Dêc Grétân has picked Nitt Ádnêctá for the position. Staying on the topic of new officials, other new cabinet picks have been made as well. President Dêc Grétân with Minister of Security Armăs Fórtídâ and top leaders of the Sunrisian Defense Force by his side, has chosen Jéc Vírîtal as the Secretary of Sunrisia in MDAA. The 2 new officials are scheduled for hearings and approval at the Sunrisian Convet before taking office. The President did not hide that he wished for constitutional changes that could make the approval procedure for new officials easier, but parliament members say that the current procedure is already easier, much less strict and more laid back in comparison to foreign protocol.

President Grétân says that by the end of the month he has another scheduled meeting with Minister of Finance and Economic Development Pârsīn Sîlvá. The head of state might call up another cabinet meeting and maybe address the Convet after that, but there are no other strict plans on the to-do-list.

In other news:

• PID to intensify national security measures in reaction to the trend of state-sponsored terrorism. Theories link this measure to tensions with Dirkhizistan, North Baggnagia and other countries.

• Sunrisian Department of International Relations says it plans to reach out to counterparts in The Seven United to see how the neighboring country has been doing lately politically and economically.

Dirkhizistan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dirkhizistan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Anti-Sunrisian and Rezuan protests draw 500,000 protesters to support Nazarxon
Flag of Sunrisia, a nation who has put sanctions on us, being burnt by patriotic Dirkhiz citizens

Today protests in the capital city took place in support for the new government under Nazarxon, who has been resistance western and jewish influence and attacks on our nation. There were nearly half a million protesters nation wide, the protests were entirely grass-root created by Dirkhiz citizens who want to show the world their government is not evil and that they will resist the temptation of western nations to destroy our nation. Nazarxon said in a speech after the protests ended saying "we don't care what the world thinks, we are Dirkhiz, we are the nation of the Dirkhiz. Our nation is a muslim nation, our nation must abide by muslim law if we are a muslim nation. Once again, we don't care what they think!" The protesters chanted "Jewish infiltration is the disease, islamic rule is the cure" and "F$#k off, we are our own people with our own culture". Two nations in particular were focused on by protesters, Rezua and Sunrisia. Sunrisia, has recently put sanctions on our nation for doing what the people of Dirkhizistan want. The Rezuans have their ambassador staying, even though we wish they would leave, as well as condemned us for doing what we want. Other nations that the protesters insulted were Zaran, Sinyrus, Belantica and more. Many Rezuan, Sunrisian, and Zarani flags were burnt during the protests. The protests mainly was centered around the capital and the Rezuan Embassy. The protest however did not do much damage to many buildings as the citizens did not want to destroy their capital to show support for their country. Nazarxon and the Islamic Republic support the actions of the Dirkhiz people for coming out in support of the nation when it is under attack.

OTHER NEWS:
Travel ban to be enacted soon. -Azizev

Crisis in Vesvai

Rezuan ambassadors will not leave Dirkhizistan yet

Nazarxon to Rezua "We aren't going to change, as it is what our people desire"

Nazarxon to Sunrisia "We will fight on against western imperialism, continue to attack us, we will only grow stronger"

Trial of Mugharz regime traitors to begin soon

Nazarxon showing support for The Bohin's government

i dont give a shït about grammar
Pittsburghese

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:41 pm

President and Congress Call for Level-headedness in Vesvai

Fortwel Gazette

Around the world, nations are being torn apart from internal strife. Bloodshed, intolerance, and an unwillingness to compromise has scattered nations in just weeks. Recently, a turn to violence in Vesvai has led Congress to fear the outbreak of more violence. In an attempt to defuse the situation, Oblarenite officials have asked for the people of Vesvai to come together and bind up their animosity before things get worse.

In addition, they have also stated that in order for democracy to work, there must be compromise. President Harrisburg has stressed the importance of respecting the results of the recent elections. There is no reason to doubt them, as investigations have found no proof of corruption or foul play. The new administration must be allowed a chance to prove themselves, since they were chosen in a fair election to represent their people. Should they fail in this goal, then come next elections, it is the duty of the people to find better representatives.

Top Stories
-Things cooling down in the Sorilette Isles?
-Dirkhizistan enacts laws against Jews and other minorities, former President Kristen Einzbeth joins with fellow Oblarenite Jews in protest.
-Aznazia takes a stance on Vesvai.
-Fanfics of national leaders popping up nationwide, focusing on the exploits of Queen Karen of Belantica.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates