NATION

PASSWORD

NS PRIZE (The Nobel Prize of Nationstates)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:OOC: We should have a "dystopia" prize. This entry might be better suited for that, but since it doesn't exist, I'm submitting it here.
Warmongers Prize
Nation Name:Gregoryisgodistan
What they did to be granted a warmonger:Their head of state has proclaimed himself to be a God and forces all the people to worship him almost constantly. Additionally, the people of Gregoryisgodistan are only permitted to eat gruel and drink prune juice. Furthermore, the gruel and prune juice rations are drugged to ensure the people will not fight the government and will believe all the lies they spew. Also, slavery is legal and any citizen can be selected as a slave in the annual "slave draft." Furthermore, there is a very, very, very long list of things punishable by death (OOC: See my factbook) and when someone is executed, so is their family. Furthermore, 40 percent of Gregoryisgodistanis are ultimately ritually sacrificed, which they accept because they have been propagandized to do so.

Additionally, the so-called "Lord Almighty Gregory" attempted to bomb Saintland and Free Republics with solar-powered bombs he claimed had the strength of nuclear bombs, but which really had the strength of pipe bombs. They harmlessly exploded well above the ground, though one person in Saintland and five in Free Republics were killed by free-falling bomb fragments. The Gregoryisgodistani government then released propaganda claiming 10 million people were killed in Saintland, even though the population is only about a tenth of that, and furthermore that five million were killed in Free Republics. This was all in response to an alleged assassination attempt on "Lord Almighty Gregory" by the headmistress of a Saintland school and a Free Republics soccer player. This assassination attempt never happened and was purely staged for the purpose of bombing Saintland and Free Republics.

Lord Almighty Gregory also claims to have singlehandedly destroyed the Kingdom of Costa Luna, though these claims are dubious. (OOC: It CTE'd). However, before Costa Luna met its demise for whatever reason, it was a target of much Gregoryisgodistani propaganda. "Real" Costa Lunians were frequently shown on Gregoryisgodistani State TV doing stupid things like trying to eat a baseball during a minor tournament. All these clips were digitally edited. Furthermore, Gregoryisgodistan claims to have killed the Princess and Heir to the Throne of Costa Luna on live TV, although this was later shown by the international media to be staged, and the Princess was alive and well until her nation was destroyed. There is still a TV show on State TV called "Costa Lunians Say the Darndest Things" featuring a character called Doybert who does really stupid things like thinking llamas live in undersea colonies and going fishing at a swimming pool and "catching" humans but thinking they're fish. This show is banned in at least one country (Saintland) for having no redeeming value.

Gregoryisgodistanis are required to have shrines in their house to pray to Lord Almighty Gregory and to worship him at least seven times a day or be executed. They also must sing the national anthem every hour on the hour, or be executed. These are enforced through spy cameras in every home, street, and building. Disabling these is punishable by death.

Gregoryisgodistan has executed numerous athletes for poor performances in competitions, including most of their (American) football offensive unit following the World Bowl. Several baseball players have also been executed for poor performance, as has a soccer player after he scored an own goal in World Cup qualifying that was the only goal of the match. Speaking of the football team, it has numerous "Enemy Crushers" hired by the state. When they are not playing football, they crush people as a means of torture, and almost invariably kill them since they weigh about 500 pounds each and are professional crushers. On the gridiron, they crushed referees, fans, and even opposing players, especially when the refs made calls against their team. This was all sanctioned and encouraged by the government.

In at least one case, Gregoryisgodistan executed a singer for singing the national anthem poorly before a sporting event.

Other than government elites, Gregoryisgodistanis do not have real names and are instead known by a profession and a government ID sequence, for instance Prune Juice Bottler JS2487B4.

accepted

That sounds a lot more dystopian than warmonger. Maybe there should be a seperate prize for something like that?
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

accepted

That sounds a lot more dystopian than warmonger. Maybe there should be a seperate prize for something like that?

This is only the first NS Prize. Next time, more prizes will be added and other less liked will be removed.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Windport
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Windport » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Windport wrote:

he is already a part of the NS Prize

Oh well you just added the accepted
---Senator Alexander X. Winpo---
---Proud Member of the New Democrats
---

ALL ACTIVITY HAS MOVED TO THE NATION OF WINOVIA. PLEASE CARRY ON ALL RELATIONS WITH THAT NATION.

THIS ACCOUNT IS FOR NSG SENATE ONLY SO DON'T TG ME ABOUT RP OR GAMEPLAY

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:40 pm

NOTICE: If I skipped anyone's application, do not worry just resubmit it and I will look at it. Unless I specifically state that it is not accepted, just presume that you are and I did not add you to my opening post.

And we are 2 days away from the NS Prize starting!
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Rhodevus wrote:And we are 2 days away from the NS Prize starting!

And 1 day from the US default, if you count RL.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Port-du-sud
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Port-du-sud » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:33 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Port-du-sud wrote:]Nation Name: Federation of Port-du-Sud
Name of person/group: Marc Labollio
What they did to benefit Medicine/Physiology: Professor at Port-du-Sud's Ville University, he conducted research on influence of electromagnetic systems on animal cells.

how did this actually benefit medicine?

Port-du-sud wrote:]Nation Name: Federation of Port-du-Sud
Nation Name: Federation of Port-du-Sud
Name of person/group: Jeanne Rebromec
What they did to benefit Literature: Wrote 10 books. One of his books was a best-seller in our country, this is a philosophical novel who studies indirectly the relationships between individuals in a modern society

accepted

It benefits medicine because the animal cells used are known to suffer the same damages than human cells on same electromagnetic conditions.
And Professor Labollio discovered the risks under great electromagnetic emissions for the living human cells by all these experiences.
Last edited by Port-du-sud on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:35 am

Port-du-sud wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:
how did this actually benefit medicine?

accepted

It benefits medicine because the animal cells used are known to suffer the same damages than human cells on same electromagnetic conditions.
And Professor Labollio discovered the risks under great electromagnetic emissions for the living human cells by all these experiences.

would be helpful to add that to your app, but,

accepted
She/Her

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:23 pm

She/Her

Factbook

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Rhodevus wrote:Award Ceremony
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=266441

I tried clicking on the judge stuff button but nothing happened. :blink:
Also, should we use IC during the award ceremony?
Last edited by Harkback Union on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Judges stuff is empty at the moment, it will fill as we begin choosing a winner, and post in semi IC. IC as the nation judging, but not as the person behind the screen.
She/Her

Factbook

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Rhodevus wrote:Judges stuff is empty at the moment, it will fill as we begin choosing a winner, and post in semi IC. IC as the nation judging, but not as the person behind the screen.

So, what would one post, if they're not in a category that is for a single nation? Would a representative come or what?
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:Judges stuff is empty at the moment, it will fill as we begin choosing a winner, and post in semi IC. IC as the nation judging, but not as the person behind the screen.

So, what would one post, if they're not in a category that is for a single nation? Would a representative come or what?

you would RP as that person/people. Only the judges RP as their nation, since they are judging. The majority of what will be happening is the judges bickering about the winner, while everyone else just freaks out about winning or not. There will be other stuff too
She/Her

Factbook

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Nation Name: The dictatorship POD
What they did to be granted a warmonger: The Dictatorship is a nation controlled mostly by the military with compulsory military service. Mandatory combat training off all citizens begins at age twelve. This nation has never lost a war and when invading they would use nuclear weapons and other WMDs before actually sending their troops in. Though this nation will seek peace from time to time, they are always more than willing to crush all opposition beneath their unstoppable war machine.
Defensive Condition
Current Def-con level: Def-Con 0
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:56 pm

The dictatorship POD wrote:
What they did to be granted a warmonger: The Dictatorship is a nation controlled mostly by the military with compulsory military service. Mandatory combat training off all citizens begins at age twelve. This nation has never lost a war and when invading they would use nuclear weapons and other WMDs before actually sending their troops in. Though this nation will seek peace from time to time, they are always more than willing to crush all opposition beneath their unstoppable war machine.

last person I will

accept

for the sole reason being that he wanted to post a while ago, but did not have the time (friend of mine)
She/Her

Factbook

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
The dictatorship POD wrote:

last person I will

accept

for the sole reason being that he wanted to post a while ago, but did not have the time (friend of mine)

Thank you.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:53 pm

are we waiting for the 3rd judge to post?

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Harkback Union wrote:are we waiting for the 3rd judge to post?

I believe so.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:18 pm

yes and if he picks a third person, then we all debate and such until their is a majority vote
She/Her

Factbook

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

yes and if he picks a third person, then we all debate and such until their is a majority vote

What abaut my proposal?

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 pm

We can do that a bit later. and yes, very nice proposal
She/Her

Factbook

Light-Crown
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Light-Crown » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Nation Name: Light-Crown
Name of person/group: Adam Jonah
What they did to benefit Literature: Compiled over 300 diary entries over the past ten years as a middle-aged man.
The diary provides insight and wisdom to the next generation such as: embracing knowledge, how to deal with enemies properly,
the gift of love, how to find happiness, and why charity is important. Adam Jonah's Diary has been spread across Light-Crown
and read by many of the youth, preparing them for mature adulthood.

*Edited to make the text multi-lined so it would be easier to read.
Last edited by Light-Crown on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 am

Light-Crown wrote:
Nation Name: Light-Crown
Name of person/group: Adam Jonah
What they did to benefit Literature: Compiled over 300 diary entries over the past ten years as a middle-aged man.
The diary provides insight and wisdom to the next generation such as: embracing knowledge, how to deal with enemies properly,
the gift of love, how to find happiness, and why charity is important. Adam Jonah's Diary has been spread across Light-Crown
and read by many of the youth, preparing them for mature adulthood.

*Edited to make the text multi-lined so it would be easier to read.

I am sorry, but you missed the deadline. next awards though...
She/Her

Factbook

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:54 am

We should either find a replacement judge quick, or... I don't know.

Anollasia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anollasia » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Whoa...GregoryIsGodistan is exaggerating...

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:51 pm

He has managed to Gmod even here... :palm:
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

PreviousNext