NATION

PASSWORD

Winter Days in Kamseong (Closed; ATTN. Ganosia)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Winter Days in Kamseong (Closed; ATTN. Ganosia)

Postby Kamseong » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Gadolchevi Ksheepra Dharuvanga sat slurping her bowl of black bean noodles inside a small local restaurant popular with the students at Pyongmo University. While black bean noodles were anything but a traditional meal for someone of Anjarati heritage, it was probably her favourite thing in the world to eat. Of course this was true of a great many people of the city-state that was Kamseong and the dish was considered the unofficial official dish of the nation. Her mother had even started making black bean noodles in her college years and had become quite famous in their home neighbourhood for her recipe.

Gadolchevi sat beside her two best friends, Joo Seungyeon and Zhang Mi as they ate and discussed one of their professors. Seungyeon was tall, slender, beautiful, always well dressed, quite outgoing, and did amazingly well in her classes despite her inherent laziness and poor studying habits. A young woman blessed with the body of a model, the mind of genius, and enough charisma to convince the devil to change his ways. If Seungyeon had not been her friend since her first day in primary school, Gadolchevi might have viewed her friend with more than the eyes of friend. But as it stood, thoughts of romance had never even crossed her mind. Seungyeon was simply her dear friend, confidant, and partner in crime.

Mi was not the tall, beautiful, and academic genius that Seungyeon was but neither was she unattractive or an idiot. She had her share of boyfriends and had always studied very hard in school and trained very hard in the sports she had played. Gadolchevi had met Mi their sixth grade year and they had become instant friends. And much like with Seungyeon, Godolchevi had never thought of Mi as anything other than a good friend. Gadolchevi, Seungyon, and Mi were a trio of best friends that had weathered the trials and tribulations of their childhood and teenage years with healthy amount optimism and good humour.

“…So what did you do when Professor Lee grabbed your ass Seungyeon,” asked Mi with her chin resting on her hands. Seungyeon chuckled, “I shoved in a knee into his balls and filed a report of course.” Mi laughed without restraint and clapped her hands. “I would feel sorry for the guy, but he really deserved what he got. Even if he is and award winning chemist and at the top of his field, you just can’t be so much of a perv that you go ahead and do what half the people in our university would love to do.”

Seungyeon laughed herself, “Damn straight Mi. I just don’t let anyone grab my ass. You need to go through a screening process and file an application before you can even look at it,” she then turned to the owner of the restaurant, Mr. Park, and aimed a grin filled face at him, “And that includes you as well Mr. Park,” the middle aged man grinned right back, “I know you have been taking a look at this,” she then slapped her thigh to indicate what she meant.

Seungyeon then turned a curious face to a laughing Gadolchevi, “So tell us about this job you applied for. Working for an embassy seems like something right up your alley.” Mi chimed in, “Yes, tell us everything about this job. And make sure to include things like whether or not the ambassador is a real stud or in your case, a gorgeous babe.”

Gadolchevi laughed again and smiled at her best friends, “Well, I was quite lucky to find the job posting to begin with. You know that posting board by Moon’s coffee shop at Seongyi station?” A synchronized “Yes” from Mi and Seungyeon, “Well there was an advertisement for the job hidden under hidden under one for that manwa shop you like so much Seungyeon. I only happened to notice because Sung-Hi had accidentally ripped it off along with the other poster.” Mi and Seungyeon looked at each other knowingly, “So glasses girl is the reason you discovered the job then,” spoke Mi, “How is she doing anyway?” Gadolchevi shrugged, “She’s alright, but let’s get back to the job. It is at the Ganosian embassy, you know the building across from the Hamarahtta mall. Anyway, it pays more than the job I have now and they said they could work my hours around my class schedule.” Seungyeon clapped her hands, “That sounds great Gadolchevi and it doesn’t hurt that working at an embassy is something that you have been talking about since we started high school.” Mi joined in, “Yeah, and you haven’t shut up about since then either. Maybe you’ll be finally shut up about it now that you actually have the job.”

Gadolchevi reached over the table and lightly flicked Mi’s forhead, which made them both smile and laugh. “So, said Mi, “Is the Ganosian ambassador a guy or chick?” “Well,” replied Gadolchevi, “I am no expert on foreign names, but I’ll wager that Sephora is a woman’s name…”
Last edited by Kamseong on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Another day, another dozen applications.

Such was the life of Sephora, the Ambassador of the Ganosian Empire to the city-state of Kamseong. She had to admit it was quite nice here, where the people were friendly and the women were quite appealing. She was, after all, openly lesbian, so she did not mind taking peeks into the LGBT community. She had not minded subtly ogling the local women, wondering if the ones she thought were worth second glances were lesbian, or if they were unfortunately straight. But she did not let it dominate her social life, like Princess Lilith would have. Lilith, the stories of her could fill dozens of books. Sephora imagined that whenever Lilith died, there would be dozens of people contributing to supposed biographies, supposed exposes on just how Lilith lived, behind the stereotypes and behind the tabloid articles. It was easy to deduce that she was some womanizing artist, a dominatrix in the seedy underbelly of Ganosian society, one of the more controversial princesses in the Imperial Family. But what was Lilith like behind all that? Was she really just someone who loved to spend time in brothels all over the world, eloping back home with prostitutes from each to stock her harem? What caused her to be like this?

Sephora did not think much of the princess, but now that she was ambassador to some foreign nation, she felt she had to. After all, it was known that ever since the Ganosians had discovered the Ali-Zebu Union, these little states like Kamseong and Anathaati that seemed tied to it, pearls in a string of influence political, that Princess Lilith, armed with her retinue of lovers - most notably Kiku, who seemed to share her passion, had torn through the societies of these little states, picking up local women, sleeping with them, indifferent to those who found issue with her antics.

Sephora hoped she did not have to contend with angry locals demanding action about Lilith, but she had to admit she idolized that sort of carefree living, for there was something about independent living, trampling all over suffocating convention, in the style of Lilith that appealed to the diplomat - of course, she herself had always lived as she had wanted. She was gay, and she found no reason to be ashamed, afraid, unwanted. She was Ganosian, and proudly so. She served the Crown with hard work and determination, which was why she was appointed to this post.

So she was now trying to find a secretary. She decided to hire locally, albeit only for this position, being that she already had Ganosians handling everything else. She had recieved several applications, not long after putting up the ad in the local channels. But out of all the applications, one of them stuck out in particular while she flipped through the resumes. Gadolchevi Ksheepra Dharuvanga, she read off the application, she seems quite good enough.

So it was that today, she was waiting for Gadolchevi Ksheepra Dharuvanga to come in for an interview...

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 am

Gadolchevi had become used to the different expectations of employers in Kamseong during her university years. With Liangxe employers you could expect a very formal affair. There would be lots of bowing and it was always best to have your hair neatly styled and a skirt and blouse as your attire. With a Baek employers, a suit was the best thing to wear and you could expect to go through a list of questions concerning your resume and yourself. With Anjarati employers, things were relaxed and casual, though they were often the most discerning when hiring. The different expectations of employers were things that everyone in Kamseong had to learn. Of course, Gadolchevi had never sought employment with a Ganosian as there were simply not that many Ganosian employers running around Kamseong.

Gadolchevi rummaged through her closet trying to figure out what she would were to her interview. Seungyeon and Mi had classes so they could not help her pick something out. So she sifted through her closet about a dozen times for something to wear before finally deciding on a grey suit she had purchased her final year of her undergraduate studies. It seemed liked the best thing to wear, that is if what she saw on television was anything to go by. She could only hope.

The Ganasion embassy was housed in a very modern with hints of Anjarati style running through the structure. It was very much a product of the multi-ethnic and constantly city that was Kamseong. Gadolchevi took a deep breath and exhaled before stepping into the building and inquiring of one of the other employee’s were she needed to go for her interview. She had interviewed many times before, but she still got nervous every single time she found herself making her way to whatever room it was that her prospective employer would meet her. Before stepping into the room were Sephora waited for her, a dozen thoughts and questions swirled through her head. “I wonder what sort of questions she’ll ask me...Is she a real hard ass...Is she more laid back or a slave driver?...” And the last thing to go through her head before opening the door to the room was, “I wonder if she’s older or younger. It would be nice if she was younger and easy on the eyes.”

She then opened the door and saw Sephora sitting behind her desk. She was not old and she was certainly easy on the eyes. “Good afternoon Ms. Sephora,” her heart started to beat faster, “I am here to interview for the secretary position.” She then unconsciously smiled before continuing, “I am Gadolchevi Ksheepra Dharuvanga.” While waiting for instructions, she found herself enjoying the appearance of the Ganosian woman. A redhead. How very exotic.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 am

Kamseong wrote:She then opened the door and saw Sephora sitting behind her desk. She was not old and she was certainly easy on the eyes. “Good afternoon Ms. Sephora,” her heart started to beat faster, “I am here to interview for the secretary position.” She then unconsciously smiled before continuing, “I am Gadolchevi Ksheepra Dharuvanga.” While waiting for instructions, she found herself enjoying the appearance of the Ganosian woman. A redhead. How very exotic.

"Ah," Sephora said, "you're Miss Dharuvanga. Good. I was expecting you. Shall we get started?"

Sephora looked over the local woman from top to bottom. She had to admit she looked quite pretty. It would seem that her talents were not the only potential benefit to hiring this woman, Sephora thought, inviting the young woman to sit down on the open chair in front of her - she looked through her papers to find the resume while speaking, but she thought about something quite....different. Sephora had checked out some local women while working here already. One more couldn't hurt. She was, after all, a rather good looking woman, young and easy on the eyes. Seemed to be plenty of them around Kamseong.

"Your qualifications are quite impressive. One thing I didn't see, though, is if you are at all fluent in the Ganosian language - after all, you'll be potentially working for an agent of the Ganosian government, and you'll need to be able to know where goes what, y'know?"

Sephora smiled, plucking out Gadolchevi's resume. "Now this interview's going to be basic. Just your standard issue questions, like you'd get asked anywhere else. Don't feel the need to say stuff to make me happy - honesty is what is required here. The good answers aren't always best. Now, first question. What made you decide to apply for this position? What made you want to work for me, at an embassy, instead of anywhere else in Kamseong?"

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 am

Godalchevi listened very carefully to what Sephora said as her Ganosian was a little lacking. She had spent all of her free time the last two weeks since submitting her application glued to her computer trying her best to learn Ganosian from the language software she had managed to find on a local file sharing network. It had been very busy two weeks and now she was about to see what her hard work had yielded.

With a fairly heavy accent, she responded to Sephora, “I speak little Ganosian. I learn more and maybe get taught more. I accept all help learning Gaanoseian.” She then exhaled lightly and was quite pleased that she had been able to say everything as clearly and concisely as she had. Perhaps having a working fluency in four languages was making learning a fifth all the easier. It sure seemed to be the case. “Pardon me, but I speak different now.” She then took a seat in the chair that was offered to her, as she had only just noticed its presence.

After sliding into the chair and making not sure to slouch, she gave Sephora a quick look over with her eyes before she responded. Subtlety, as her friends Seungyeon and Mi often told her, was not her strongest quality. This time when she spoke it was in a language more familiar to her. “Why I wanted this position at the embassy is fairly simple. I have always had the desire to work in an embassy. I am not sure of many young people that aspire to work in an embassy, but there has always been something about the idea that seemed very attractive to me. I think part of it is the chance to learn a new language, the chance to help two nations live peacefully together, the opportunity to simply work with people from across the world, and of course the challenge involved with such work.” She then smiled and laughed as she was feeling very relaxed in the presence of the pretty redheaded Ganosian woman. “Of course, I am not sure a secretary will have all the excitement, but I am quite certain that this position will still offer a good challenge for me and also offer me a good start and good experience in embassy work.”

Godalchevi then folded her hands in her lap and nearly made a comment concerning Sephora’s appearance, but the voices Mi and Seungyeon whispered to her from her memory and cautioned her not to say anything just yet. She just could not come out and say, “I think you are a very lovely woman. Wanna grab a bite to eat?” She had done that a couple of times with unsatisfying results and it took her friends sitting her down and explaining things to her before she was able to grasp why she should not always be so forward, especially during a job interview.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:48 am

Kamseong wrote:With a fairly heavy accent, she responded to Sephora, “I speak little Ganosian. I learn more and maybe get taught more. I accept all help learning Gaanoseian.” She then exhaled lightly and was quite pleased that she had been able to say everything as clearly and concisely as she had. Perhaps having a working fluency in four languages was making learning a fifth all the easier. It sure seemed to be the case. “Pardon me, but I speak different now.” She then took a seat in the chair that was offered to her, as she had only just noticed its presence.

Sephora chuckled. "If you're willing to learn, you'll get by. I wouldn't mind tutoring you on the finer aspects of the language. What I value with prospective applicants is their willingness to learn. Your apparent willingness to learn is rather nice to see. After all, an eager worker is a valuable one."

Sephora looked over momentarily the young and pretty local woman. It was nice to know that her eyes would have quite the treat now and then, if she decided to hire Goldalchevi. Sephora had always been openly lesbian, and honestly she was growing tired of the whole bachelorette thing she had going on. Studying this local woman, she looked rather attractive enough to be girlfriend material, but she knew there was more to a relationship than just looks. For all Sephora knew, Godalchevi could've been more interested in what Lilith was offering. Wouldn't that be something? Sephora had heard of Lilith, but she wasn't interested; Sephora wanted control, rather than letting someone control her when it came to matters of sexual affairs. For now, though, Sephora decided she was going to focus on investigating whether this woman was worth hiring. If she was, it'd make any plans to seduce her far more easier.

After sliding into the chair and making not sure to slouch, she gave Sephora a quick look over with her eyes before she responded. Subtlety, as her friends Seungyeon and Mi often told her, was not her strongest quality. This time when she spoke it was in a language more familiar to her. “Why I wanted this position at the embassy is fairly simple. I have always had the desire to work in an embassy. I am not sure of many young people that aspire to work in an embassy, but there has always been something about the idea that seemed very attractive to me. I think part of it is the chance to learn a new language, the chance to help two nations live peacefully together, the opportunity to simply work with people from across the world, and of course the challenge involved with such work.” She then smiled and laughed as she was feeling very relaxed in the presence of the pretty redheaded Ganosian woman. “Of course, I am not sure a secretary will have all the excitement, but I am quite certain that this position will still offer a good challenge for me and also offer me a good start and good experience in embassy work.”

"You sound like a rather dedicated woman. I like that. I would hope, though, that such an attitude is not temporary, feigned to get the position. There's bound to be plenty of women here who could take the position. But I like you, Miss Dharuvanga. I don't think I'll be looking for other women. I think I can give you the position. When can you start?"

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 am

Godalchevi smiled with delight and without restraint when her Ganosian interviewer became her new boss. “Thank you very much Sephora,” she said with obvious excitement and without considering if using the woman’s given name was appropriate. “I can start work first thing tomorrow morning if you need me. Just tell me when and where and I’ll be there and ready to get started. If you want some tea, coffee, or breakfast let me know and I’ll bring that for you as well.” The very real prospect of finally being able to work somewhere she had always wanted to, was making her visibly excited and just a touch giddy. Godalchevi wore her heart on her sleeve and was not ashamed of it.

Still obviously estatic, Godalchevi shifted in her chair and pulled her hair back behind her hears. “Do you have anything else you want to ask me Ms.Sephora? I will answer anything you want ask me”. She then brushed off the front of her suit’s jacket, despite there be nothing on it. While waiting for a response from Sephora, Godalchevi sat with her eyes intently fixed on the Ganosian woman. Only moments before Sephora replied, Godalchevi’s stomach made itself known, which caused a small chuckle to escape her throat. She then thought that she should have had a bigger breakfast after getting up earlier that morning.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:40 am

Kamseong wrote:“I can start work first thing tomorrow morning if you need me. Just tell me when and where and I’ll be there and ready to get started. If you want some tea, coffee, or breakfast let me know and I’ll bring that for you as well.” The very real prospect of finally being able to work somewhere she had always wanted to, was making her visibly excited and just a touch giddy. Godalchevi wore her heart on her sleeve and was not ashamed of it.

"If you say so, then you can begin tomorrow morning. Just come by to the embassy here and I'll get you started. You don't have to bring any food with you, but if you'd like to, I don't see why not. Just keep the place tidy, alright?"

Sephora smiled. It was nice to see the eagerness in this woman. It made her feel happy knowing that she had hired someone who showed immediate devotion. "Now, as I see it, I'll be expected to meet with government ministers sometime soon, so you'll be accompanying me to those meetings. I hope your organizational skills are really up to par, because this line of work demands a lot out of you when it comes to that."

“Do you have anything else you want to ask me Ms.Sephora? I will answer anything you want ask me”. She then brushed off the front of her suit’s jacket, despite there be nothing on it. While waiting for a response from Sephora, Godalchevi sat with her eyes intently fixed on the Ganosian woman. Only moments before Sephora replied, Godalchevi’s stomach made itself known, which caused a small chuckle to escape her throat. She then thought that she should have had a bigger breakfast after getting up earlier that morning.

Are you a lesbian? Sephora thought, but she did not ask it of Godalchevi.

"No, that'll be all for now. I thank you for accepting the position. It'll make things around here easier, believe me. I hope you'll learn something from it too. You may not think so, but being a secretary can open things up down the line for you. Who knows? Perhaps you'll be in my position someday."

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:18 am

Two Weeks Later...

Godalchevi scrolled read the various messages bound for Sephora and sipped from her navy blue water bottle. Getting used to the job and the Ganosian ambassador had not been difficult and she had shown, what was for her, a high level of restraint in regard to her redheaded employer. She had simply focused on learning the ropes as a secretary at the Ganosian Embassy and also learning the Ganosian language. In any case, learning the job and the language were proving an easy task for the Godalchevi.

After a short period of sifting through the different communications and other paperwork, she came across an envelope bearing the seal the official seal of the office of the Foreign Minister of Kamseong. She immediately perked up when she came across the communication and eagerly began to read what it said. When she reached the end of the message she could not help but smile and say “Wow.” Nesalai Kathering Mettanjur, the Foreign Minister, was inviting Sephora to discuss the Cultural Exchange Program that Kamseong had in place to promote better cooperation and understanding among the many embassies that called Kamseong home. The Foreign Minister was someone Godalchevi idolized as a professional hero and the prospect of having the chance to meet her made her heart race in anticipation.

Stepping up from her desk, she then walked over to Sephora’s office with a spring in her step and a look excitement on her face. “Ms. Sephora,” she said after stepping into the ambassador’s office, “Foreign Minister Mettanjur has invited you out to Tala to discuss the Cultural Exchange Program. She says that if you have the time to spare that she would enjoy the chance to speak with you tonight at 6:30.” Godalchevi’s expression then became somewhat hopeful as she continued, “You know Sephora, Tala is probably the most esteemed restaurant in the whole of Kamseong. I have heard the chef is best in the city and renowned in international culinary circles as well. And to be invited there by the Foreign Minister is just amazing.”

Waiting momentarily and unable to further contain herself, Godalchevi simply said what had been flailing at the gates of her mind since she had opened the letter. “I don’t suppose you would need anyone to come along with you this evening Sephora? I mean it would be lovely to meet the Foreign Minister and eat Tala,” she then fidgeted slightly before finishing, “And I suppose, it would be kind of like a date. A lovely evening with a lovely women…”

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Kamseong wrote:Godalchevi scrolled read the various messages bound for Sephora and sipped from her navy blue water bottle. Getting used to the job and the Ganosian ambassador had not been difficult and she had shown, what was for her, a high level of restraint in regard to her redheaded employer. She had simply focused on learning the ropes as a secretary at the Ganosian Embassy and also learning the Ganosian language. In any case, learning the job and the language were proving an easy task for the Godalchevi.

Sephora had been quite pleased with her new secretary. Godalchevi was quite the hard worker and was always punctual, always focused. Sephora could've asked for no one better than this. She worked on her own notes, keeping tabs of all the Imperial orders, if any came her way, and developments in her host country. Kamseong had proven to be a pleasant experience. Nothing seemed to be going wrong, and that was all Sephora could have asked for when it came to her work. She was something of a workaholic; at the very least, just someone devoted to getting the job done efficiently, but most of all, properly.

Stepping up from her desk, she then walked over to Sephora’s office with a spring in her step and a look excitement on her face. “Ms. Sephora,” she said after stepping into the ambassador’s office, “Foreign Minister Mettanjur has invited you out to Tala to discuss the Cultural Exchange Program. She says that if you have the time to spare that she would enjoy the chance to speak with you tonight at 6:30.” Godalchevi’s expression then became somewhat hopeful as she continued, “You know Sephora, Tala is probably the most esteemed restaurant in the whole of Kamseong. I have heard the chef is best in the city and renowned in international culinary circles as well. And to be invited there by the Foreign Minister is just amazing.”

"Sounds interesting. I'd be glad to meet the Foreign Minister. A cultural exchange program. I ought to see if we can expand on that. I mean, I'm sure we could accomodate some guest workers in Ganosia from Kamseong. We could draw up some sort of deal about that. There's a lot we can do to form a strong, mutually beneficial relationship between our two countries," Sephora said.

"You can tell Mettanjur that I'll be there to meet her. Hopefully we'll be able to get a lot done tonight. The way you speak, the food may end up being a distraction."

Waiting momentarily and unable to further contain herself, Godalchevi simply said what had been flailing at the gates of her mind since she had opened the letter. “I don’t suppose you would need anyone to come along with you this evening Sephora? I mean it would be lovely to meet the Foreign Minister and eat Tala,” she then fidgeted slightly before finishing, “And I suppose, it would be kind of like a date. A lovely evening with a lovely women…”

Sephora arched an eyebrow. Is Godalchevi interested in something....more? It intrigued the Ambassador, but she refused to show it. Not yet, anyways. She decided she'd wait to see how this turned out before she tried anything. Go too fast, after all, and you could ruin what could be a good arrangement.

"If you'd like to come, you're more than welcome. Just know that I expect you to be working to some degree too. Chances are you may need to take some notes down for me on what Mettanjur's thoughts and the like are, and I don't want to miss any details."

Neither do I, Sephora thought, neither do I.

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Beaming, Godalchevi nodded her head. “Of course, I wouldn’t expect not to work at a business meeting, Ms.Sephora. I’ll be as diligent and I usually am, perhaps more so. I’ll go let the Foreign Minister know you will be coming and make any necessary arrangements for tonight. Just let me know if there is anything else I can do for you and I’ll do it.” She stood for a moment and seemed to be staring at the wall behind Sephora’s head, when she was actually contemplating what she would wear to dinner that night. Would she wear a dress, a top and pants, or perhaps something else altogether? Would she wear any makeup though her mother had always said that a true woman did not need it to be beautiful or taken seriously? Her BFFs wore more makeup and wore it far more often than she did and they looked rather good and didn’t seem to get any more or any less attention because of it. These things and many more raced through her head before she realized that she had been staring, “I’m sorry Sephora, I’ll get back to work and get everything arranged for tonight.” Smiling, she walked back to her desk and eagerly began to click away at her keyboard.

Meanwhile…

Nesalai Katherine Mettanjur, Foreign minister of Kamseong, put her office computer to sleep and sat up from her desk. Looking at her secretary, a young and thin Baek man with short cropped hair and mild acne problem, she nodded and spoke, “Mr.Suk, I will be out for the rest of the day. Please let everyone know that I will be taking no other appointments today. I have a meeting to prepare for tonight and I would appreciate it if you let everyone know that I am unable to answer any calls here or on my cell.” The young man looked up, “Of course Miss Mettanjur. I’ll let everyone know you are busy today.” Nesalai smiled and nodded before heading out of the office and down to her car in the ministry’s lot.

Driving was something that not everyone in Kamseong had the luxury of doing as space was at a premium in the city-state and the number of cars and drivers was carefully regulated by the government. And regardless of whether or not you were a government official or another citizen, you had to apply for the privilege. Nesalai, or Katherine as she sometimes liked to called, was one of those that had both a car and a license and she was not sure what she would do if she could not drive. Her Samsala Hansii was luxurious, sexy, and peppy, and an absolute thrill to drive.

She drove through the streets of the city, the radio in her car playing some of the local music. It was actually a fairly short drive because of the time of day it was and the fact that she actually did not live that far from Kamseong’s government district. She pulled into the parking garage of her bayside, hopped out of her car, and made her way to the elevator that would bring her to levels of the building. On making her way into her home, she immediately stripped down to nothing and donned a snug, green, and sleeveless athletic top, a pair of snug fitting and short athletic shorts, and a black cream colored pair of running shoes. She then quickly tapped away a few messages on her smartphone and then tied back her hair.

Nesalai thought that she might as well take a nice long run through the city before getting herself ready of the dinner meeting. It would help her relax and give the tailor and the cleaner time to get the outfit she had chosen ready for the evening.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:02 am

Kamseong wrote:Beaming, Godalchevi nodded her head. “Of course, I wouldn’t expect not to work at a business meeting, Ms.Sephora. I’ll be as diligent and I usually am, perhaps more so. I’ll go let the Foreign Minister know you will be coming and make any necessary arrangements for tonight. Just let me know if there is anything else I can do for you and I’ll do it.” She stood for a moment and seemed to be staring at the wall behind Sephora’s head, when she was actually contemplating what she would wear to dinner that night. Would she wear a dress, a top and pants, or perhaps something else altogether? Would she wear any makeup though her mother had always said that a true woman did not need it to be beautiful or taken seriously? Her BFFs wore more makeup and wore it far more often than she did and they looked rather good and didn’t seem to get any more or any less attention because of it. These things and many more raced through her head before she realized that she had been staring, “I’m sorry Sephora, I’ll get back to work and get everything arranged for tonight.” Smiling, she walked back to her desk and eagerly began to click away at her keyboard.

Meanwhile…

Nesalai Katherine Mettanjur, Foreign minister of Kamseong, put her office computer to sleep and sat up from her desk. Looking at her secretary, a young and thin Baek man with short cropped hair and mild acne problem, she nodded and spoke, “Mr.Suk, I will be out for the rest of the day. Please let everyone know that I will be taking no other appointments today. I have a meeting to prepare for tonight and I would appreciate it if you let everyone know that I am unable to answer any calls here or on my cell.” The young man looked up, “Of course Miss Mettanjur. I’ll let everyone know you are busy today.” Nesalai smiled and nodded before heading out of the office and down to her car in the ministry’s lot.

Driving was something that not everyone in Kamseong had the luxury of doing as space was at a premium in the city-state and the number of cars and drivers was carefully regulated by the government. And regardless of whether or not you were a government official or another citizen, you had to apply for the privilege. Nesalai, or Katherine as she sometimes liked to called, was one of those that had both a car and a license and she was not sure what she would do if she could not drive. Her Samsala Hansii was luxurious, sexy, and peppy, and an absolute thrill to drive.

She drove through the streets of the city, the radio in her car playing some of the local music. It was actually a fairly short drive because of the time of day it was and the fact that she actually did not live that far from Kamseong’s government district. She pulled into the parking garage of her bayside, hopped out of her car, and made her way to the elevator that would bring her to levels of the building. On making her way into her home, she immediately stripped down to nothing and donned a snug, green, and sleeveless athletic top, a pair of snug fitting and short athletic shorts, and a black cream colored pair of running shoes. She then quickly tapped away a few messages on her smartphone and then tied back her hair.

Nesalai thought that she might as well take a nice long run through the city before getting herself ready of the dinner meeting. It would help her relax and give the tailor and the cleaner time to get the outfit she had chosen ready for the evening.

Sephora decided to stick to the usual, a dashing suit that complimented the curves of her frame and made her look distinguished and professional. She intended to look the best she could. One of the less spoken about factors of successful diplomacy was the personal hygiene of the diplomats in question. Sephora did not want to look like some unwashed ruffian, some skank stumbling out of Lilith's hotel room. She wanted to emulate the sharply dressed Abishag Korey and flex her wiles. She wanted to ensure that Ganosia had firm influence in Kamseong, and the last thing she wanted was to embarass the Crown she served. After dressing up for tonight's auspicious occassion, she summoned Godalchevi outside the gates of the Ganosian embassy.

Whenever she arrived, Sephora warmly recieved her.

"I hope you're ready for tonight, Godalchevi. Remember not to let the food distract you too much. You may be needed to keep notes on the situation, in case anything particularly interesting arises, but don't think like you can't have even a little bit of fun. Try to find a balance if you can."

She looked over Godalchevi and smirked a little. There was something particularly interesting right now, she thought, her eyes meditating on her secretary....

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Godalchevi stood in a black, embroidered, and long sleeved top that hugged the front of her torso while giving a small peek at the space between her breasts and leaving her back mostly bare. The top just slipped past her waist and was draped loosely just above her buttocks which was covered in in a skin hugging pair of white pants that sat high enough on her waist to offer some small modicum of what some foreigners might have called modesty. Her pant ended their journey down the lower half of her body just above her ankles, allowing a clear view of the elegant pair of black sandals that covered her well care for feet. And finishing off her ensemble were her best silver studs. There was one in her left nostril and two in each ear. It was her most expensive outfit and one that represented her Anjarati heritage well.

She smiled and nodded, “I am ready Sephora. I have notepad and my recorder ready and I have called the car, which should already be here.” She then looked over the Ganosian diplomat and wondered for moment if she should have worn another outfit, but then decided that she had made the right choice in attire. It was not often that she got to wear the outfit she had on and it would perhaps appeal more to Sephora and also the Foreign Minister. “I am ready if you are Sephora,” she smiled a happy smile, “Now let my please escort you to your car.”

Soon enough they were in Sephora’s vehicle and on their way to the restaurant. Godalchevi sat happily beside Sephora, sometimes glancing out the window and other times making friendly conversation with her beautiful employer. The trip took a little more than ten minutes from the Ganosian embassy and they soon found the vehicle parked by a young Liangxe valet who thought that he had been blessed by his ancestors to see two very lovely women come out of the same car.

Godalchevi looked at the restaurant, Tala, and was impressed by what she saw. Tala was clean, white structure with numerous arches and windows covering its walls. A large domed roof reminiscent of the Taj Mahal stood over the top of the structure and elaborate gardens and water features surrounded the entire restaurant. It was if they had stepped onto the grounds of a palace in the old Hamarahttan Queendom that now was a part of Ali-Zebu. “It is so beautiful Sephora,” spoke the young secretary with a touch of wonder, “I’ve seen photographs, but I have never seen it this close.”

On stepping into the restaurant, the two women were immediately greeted by the fragrant aroma of a plethora of spices, a lovely and well lit interior, the enchanting sound of sitar, and a well groomed man with short black hair, a moustache, and the dark complexion of someone born of Anjarati blood. The man mad a swift and deep bow to the women and spoke with fluid grace and a smile full of perfectly white teeth. “Welcome to Tara ambassador. Foreign Minister Mettanjur is waiting for you, “ he gracefully moved an arm to show the way, “Please follow me and I will take you Foreign Minister Mettanjur.”

The man moved quickly, but not so quickly that Sephora and Godalchevi could not keep up with him. A short few moments later the Foreign Minister of Kamseong, Nesalai Katherine Mettanjur, could be clearly seen at her table drinking from a glass teacup which she looked up from once she caught sight of the Sephora and Godalchevi. The man then gave another bow and headed off, “I will let the two of you get seated and I will be back shortly with menus for the both of you.”

The Foreign Minister stood up, revealing a long, pale yellow, bosom hugging dress. The garment had a deeply plunging neckline and left the upper half of her back uncovered. A smile crossed Nesalai’s face and lit up the features that were the result of her mixed heritage. “It is good to finally have a chance to sit and talk with you Ambassador,” she nodded and smiled at Godalchevi, “Please take a seat.”

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Kamseong wrote:Godalchevi stood in a black, embroidered, and long sleeved top that hugged the front of her torso while giving a small peek at the space between her breasts and leaving her back mostly bare. The top just slipped past her waist and was draped loosely just above her buttocks which was covered in in a skin hugging pair of white pants that sat high enough on her waist to offer some small modicum of what some foreigners might have called modesty. Her pant ended their journey down the lower half of her body just above her ankles, allowing a clear view of the elegant pair of black sandals that covered her well care for feet. And finishing off her ensemble were her best silver studs. There was one in her left nostril and two in each ear. It was her most expensive outfit and one that represented her Anjarati heritage well.

She smiled and nodded, “I am ready Sephora. I have notepad and my recorder ready and I have called the car, which should already be here.” She then looked over the Ganosian diplomat and wondered for moment if she should have worn another outfit, but then decided that she had made the right choice in attire. It was not often that she got to wear the outfit she had on and it would perhaps appeal more to Sephora and also the Foreign Minister. “I am ready if you are Sephora,” she smiled a happy smile, “Now let my please escort you to your car.”

Sephora thought that Godalchevi looked quite lovely tonight. She herself simply stuck to some fancy-schmancy suit (it complimented the lithe frame of her body and made her quite stylish nonetheless) that any generic diplomat would've worn. Sephora appreciated Godalchevi's professionalism, but couldn't deny that she looked quite appealing in a more less than professional sense of the word. Sephora reciprocated the smile and allowed Godalchevi to escort her to the vehicle waiting for them. Tonight felt like it would be a good night, Sephora thought, getting inside the vehicle, but she didn't know how good it'd be just yet.

Soon enough they were in Sephora’s vehicle and on their way to the restaurant. Godalchevi sat happily beside Sephora, sometimes glancing out the window and other times making friendly conversation with her beautiful employer.

"She looks rather pretty," Sephora thought. It was not uncommon that the Ganosian ambassador gazed upon attractive women. Why should she not? She had been openly lesbian since she was rather young, and there was no reason why she shouldn't take into consideration potential flings that came past. She was no Lilith, but she did think that perhaps one of them would be worth settling down with. She preferred the simplicity of normalcy as opposed to Lilith's grandiose orgies. Sephora decided that, had Lilith asked, she'd probably have turned her down.

“It is so beautiful Sephora,” spoke the young secretary with a touch of wonder, “I’ve seen photographs, but I have never seen it this close.”

"I could say the same about you," Sephora smirked. "The way you look, I'd not be surprised if a lot of guys around here would be drooling at the chance to be in my position."

The Foreign Minister stood up, revealing a long, pale yellow, bosom hugging dress. The garment had a deeply plunging neckline and left the upper half of her back uncovered. A smile crossed Nesalai’s face and lit up the features that were the result of her mixed heritage. “It is good to finally have a chance to sit and talk with you Ambassador,” she nodded and smiled at Godalchevi, “Please take a seat.”

As Sephora sat down, she smiled at the Foreign Minister.

"It's a pleasure to be here tonight, Minister. I've been looking forward to these talks. I hope we can get a lot of stuff done tonight."

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:"I could say the same about you," Sephora smirked. "The way you look, I'd not be surprised if a lot of guys around here would be drooling at the chance to be in my position."

Gadolchevi's lips spread into a broad smile, "Why thank you Sephora. Coming from someone as kind to the eyes as you, that means a great deal." She then laughed playfully and walked into the restaurant with her boss, her hips swaying just a touch more than they usually did.

Ganos Lao wrote:As Sephora sat down, she smiled at the Foreign Minister.

"It's a pleasure to be here tonight, Minister. I've been looking forward to these talks. I hope we can get a lot of stuff done tonight."

Nesalai sat back down in her seat and examined the two women at the table with her. There was the Ganosian ambassador of course and there was someone of obviously Anjarati heritage. Probably one of the ambassador's employee's attending the dinner with her employer. The younger, local woman, seemed particularly interested in the redheaded Ganosian when she was not having her gaze wander about the interior of the restaurant. "How precious," she thought, "She seems quite taken with the our resident Ganosian representative." She then took her cup in her hand and took a small drink. "It is my hope as well that this meeting tonight will be both enjoyable and productive." While she was speaking, the waiter had deftly and discreetly left the menus on the table in front of both Gadolchevi and Sephora. "But before we get down to business, let offer you my thanks for helping to keep things calm after Princess Lilith and her companion visited," she smiled, "If they had been any friendlier, I might have had to make the regrettable choice of sending them on their way." Nesalai then chuckled and shrugged, "Anyway, enough about you countrywoman. Please, while you take a look at the menu, ask me any questions that you might have about myself. I think it would be good to get to know each other a little better if we are going to be interacting on a more regular basis now that things have settled down for the both of us."

She smiled at Gadolchevi, who was at a loss for words. While some idolized rock stars, pop stats, athletes, or film and television stars, Gadolchevi idolized the beautiful and powerful women of her city's government.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:31 pm

Kamseong wrote:Gadolchevi's lips spread into a broad smile, "Why thank you Sephora. Coming from someone as kind to the eyes as you, that means a great deal." She then laughed playfully and walked into the restaurant with her boss, her hips swaying just a touch more than they usually did.

Sephora subtly smirked. She seemed to be connecting the dots in her head....

"But before we get down to business, let offer you my thanks for helping to keep things calm after Princess Lilith and her companion visited," she smiled, "If they had been any friendlier, I might have had to make the regrettable choice of sending them on their way." Nesalai then chuckled and shrugged, "Anyway, enough about you countrywoman. Please, while you take a look at the menu, ask me any questions that you might have about myself. I think it would be good to get to know each other a little better if we are going to be interacting on a more regular basis now that things have settled down for the both of us."

"I am glad to know Her Imperial Highness did not cause any problems. She's quite the.....peculiar character back in Ganosia, for reasons that must be obvious. As for questions, other than what your government hopes to acquire from my own, I have little else at the moment."

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:25 am

Nesalai nodded at the waiter who was passing by and he nodded back, knowing very well what the Foreign Minister was going to order. “Well,” she spoke casually, “I see you want to get right to business. The cultural exchange program is actually an amalgamation of several other programs and agreements. There is the student exchange program, work exchange program, university partnership program, teacher exchange program, sister city program, the International Arts Cooperative, Academic and Research Cooperative, and the Media Protection Agreement.” She smiled and glanced at Gadolchevi, “I hope you got all of that written down.”

The younger woman nodded, “I did Foreign Minister.” Nesalai nodded and turned her attention back to Sephora. “Your government may agree to whatever portions of the program that they wish once they have had a chance to review the documentation,” she then pointed to the menus that were in front of Sephora and Godalchevi with a smile, “The food here is superb and very good for stimulating further conversation. If you want a drink, you will find pretty much anything you might want.”

Appetisers
• Tamarind Salad
Apples, peach, plums and mixed leaves; lime and cumin dressing
Papdi Chaat
Chickpeas, wheat crisps, yoghurt, blueberries and tamarind chutney
• Seafood Salad
Steamed shrimps, tilapia, squid and black olives; fennel and ginger dressing
• Aloo Tikki
Potato cakes with a sago crust and spinach filling
• Grilled Scallops
Scallops with mixed peppercorns; topped with roasted peppers
• Gilafi Reshmi
Skewered kabab of ground chicken with ginger, green chillies,
cheese and spices; finished with mixed peppers
• Bhatti ka Tikka
Lamb tikka with yoghurt, green chilli, fennel and star anise

Kababs
• Tandoori Subzi
Grilled paneer, peppers, tomato and red onion with yoghurt and turmeric
• Kalonji Jhinga
Tiger prawns with ginger, yoghurt, paprika,ground spices and toasted nigella seeds
• Ajwaini Macchi
Monkfish marinated with turmeric, mustard, dill leaves and ajwain
• Malai Tikka
Supreme of chicken with ginger, garlic, cream-cheese and coriander-stem
• Tulsi Seekh
Lamb kabab with cheese, garlic and basil
• Peshawari Kabab
Lamb chops marinated with raw papaya, fennel and yoghurt
• Kabab Selection
Tiger prawn, monkfish, chicken supreme and lamb chop

Mains
• Malabar Prawn
Tiger prawns with sautéed onions, chilli, fenugreek seeds and coconut
• Tali Macchi
Fillet of sea bass with fine beans and raw mango; tamarind-tomato sauce
• Lobster Masala
Lobster tail with shallots, tomatoes and mixed peppercorns
• Murgh Makhni
Chicken tikka, fresh tomato sauce with ginger and dried fenugreek leaves
• Awadhi Murgh
Chicken simmered with melon seeds, yoghurt and spices
• Kadhai Gosht
Lamb with peppers, onions, crushed coriander and cumi
• Hyderabadi Shank
Slow-cooked lamb shank with turmeric, yoghurt, and freshly ground spices
• Gosht Dum Biryani
Lamb Biryani sealed with a pastry lid

Vegetables
• Dal Tadka
Yellow lentils simmered with ginger, tomatoes, green chilli
and fresh coriander; finished with juice of lemon
• Dal Makhni
Slow-cooked black lentils, a specialty of the North-west frontier
• Tarkari Handi
Seasonal vegetables with peppers, cumin and crushed peppercorns
• Methi Paneer
Paneer with onions, tomato, red chilli and fresh fenugreek leaves
• Kalonji Baingan
Aubergine with onion-tomato masala flavoured with nigella seeds
• Gucchi Kofta
Vegetable dumplings in a sauce of onions, melon seeds and yoghurt
• Saag Aloo
Potatoes with cumin, garlic and spices; with puréed spinach
• Bhindi do pyaza
Okra tossed with ginger, red onions, cumin and coriander

Rice & Breads
• Rice
Sade Chawal / Zaffrani Pulao
• Breads
Naan / Tandoori Roti / Pudhina or Plain Paratha
• Stuffed Naan
Date, coconut and poppy seeds / cheese and olive / spiced potato and fresh coriander
• Bread Basket
Naan, paratha and a choice of stuffed naan
• Avocado Raita
Yoghurt with puréed avocado and chilli
• Punjabi Pyaz
Red onions with cumin, chaat masala and coriander
• Pappad
Served with a trio of homemade chutneys; apricot & fennel / tomato & nigella seeds / spiced gooseberry

Desserts
• Chocolate Mousse
Velvety dark chocolate mousse with a hint of cinnamon and orange zest
• Tandoori Ananas
Grilled pineapple delicately spiced with ground spices and honey, served with Rose ice cream
• Stewed Pear
William pears with mixed berries, star anise and cloves; served with Fennel & Ginger ice cream
• *Gajjar Halwa
Carrot fudge topped with silver leaf and Pistachio; served with vanilla ice cream
• *Pistachio Kheer
Basmati rice simmered in milk flavoured with cinnamon and pistachio, served with stewed figs
• *Gulab Jamun
Dumplings of unsweetened reduced milk with almond flakes
• Taze Phal
A selection of fresh seasonal fruit
• Ice creams
Rose / classic vanilla / honey & Saffron mango kulfi / *pistachio kulfi
• Sorbets
Lime & orange blossom / strawberry & mint / mango & basil

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Kamseong wrote:Nesalai nodded at the waiter who was passing by and he nodded back, knowing very well what the Foreign Minister was going to order. “Well,” she spoke casually, “I see you want to get right to business. The cultural exchange program is actually an amalgamation of several other programs and agreements. There is the student exchange program, work exchange program, university partnership program, teacher exchange program, sister city program, the International Arts Cooperative, Academic and Research Cooperative, and the Media Protection Agreement.” She smiled and glanced at Gadolchevi, “I hope you got all of that written down.”

"The faster we get down to business, Minister, the faster we can enjoy the food," Sephora said, peering momentarily at the menu. She looked over to Gadolchevi and nodded briskly. "I hope you got that all written down too, because it all sounds like something Her Imperial Majesty's government would support quite earnestly. The Ganosian nation has always warmly welcomed foreigners, and the people of Kamseong would be no different in that regard."

The younger woman nodded, “I did Foreign Minister.” Nesalai nodded and turned her attention back to Sephora. “Your government may agree to whatever portions of the program that they wish once they have had a chance to review the documentation,” she then pointed to the menus that were in front of Sephora and Godalchevi with a smile, “The food here is superb and very good for stimulating further conversation. If you want a drink, you will find pretty much anything you might want.”

"Oh, I think they'll agree to the entirety, not mere portions," Sephora mused, "but I will make sure with them and get back to you. As for the food, I think I will order the Aloo Tikki to begin. I would hope to try as much of the food as possible - I mean, it's not often I get moments like this as a diplomat, let alone an ambassador. We always have to be on our feet, not much time for sitting down. What do you intend on ordering, Godalchevi? Please, feel free to indulge yourself. You need not worry about the prices, but I do ask you refrain from drinking too much alcohol. I can't have you too unaware of your surroundings."

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:20 am

Gadolchevi scanned the menu and quickly settled on her choice of appetizer. “I’ll have the Papdi Chaat Sephora. It’s supposed to be really tasty and chaat, no matter what form it takes, is probably my favorite snack.” She smiled and tilted her head, “And if you haven’t tried them yet, you should really make a point of visiting some of the local food carts. There is some fantastic food to be had there. Just weave your way through the different districts of town and bring some pocket money.”

The foreign minister nodded, “You certainly can’t go wrong with the food in this city. It is all quite wonderful.” Nesalai then motioned to a passing waiter who darted off and reappeared with a fine leather attaché case which he then handed to Nesalai. She thanked the waiter and gave the young woman a tip before opening the case. “You mentioned having too little time to kick up your feet ambassador, well I think might have further remedy for that right here. I have invitations for the upcoming cultural exposition for you and your entire staff with me. And of course, if you ever need a day off, I can certainly help with that. Being the foreign minister does have its perks after all.”

Nesalai then smiled a pleasant white smile. “I must say that you and your assistant have been just wonderful so far. A nice break from everything and everyone that I have to deal with on a regular basis.”

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:36 am

Kamseong wrote:Gadolchevi scanned the menu and quickly settled on her choice of appetizer. “I’ll have the Papdi Chaat Sephora. It’s supposed to be really tasty and chaat, no matter what form it takes, is probably my favorite snack.” She smiled and tilted her head, “And if you haven’t tried them yet, you should really make a point of visiting some of the local food carts. There is some fantastic food to be had there. Just weave your way through the different districts of town and bring some pocket money.”

Sephora nodded. "One of the joys of being a diplomat. I'll have to keep that in mind, provided you help out enough with the paperwork."

Sephora smirked, obviously teasing Godalchevi, on account of how seemingly firmly devoted she was to her work. It was nice to know she had hired the right person for the position, Sephora thought, and she was rather easy on the eyes at times too, an obvious plus.

The foreign minister nodded, “You certainly can’t go wrong with the food in this city. It is all quite wonderful.” Nesalai then motioned to a passing waiter who darted off and reappeared with a fine leather attaché case which he then handed to Nesalai. She thanked the waiter and gave the young woman a tip before opening the case. “You mentioned having too little time to kick up your feet ambassador, well I think might have further remedy for that right here. I have invitations for the upcoming cultural exposition for you and your entire staff with me. And of course, if you ever need a day off, I can certainly help with that. Being the foreign minister does have its perks after all.”

Nesalai then smiled a pleasant white smile. “I must say that you and your assistant have been just wonderful so far. A nice break from everything and everyone that I have to deal with on a regular basis.”

So was Nesalai, it seemed, Sephora thought, if Lilith had tried to seduce the minister.

"Tell me more about the exposition, minister," Sephora said. "That seems like something that I can get my superiors in on - I'm sure Her Majesty's Government will be more than glad to spread Ganosian culture all over the world - I mean, that's one of the responsibilities of a Ganosian diplomat, after all, making sure people get the right idea about us. So much crap went down before with other nations that I'm surprised we have anything left in them. But at least we're getting back on our feet. And speaking of feet, I'll have to keep that in mind, minister. I wouldn't mind being able to rest once in a while."

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Gadolchevi smiled at Sephora’s teasing remark and continued to listen and take notes while enjoying a sip of the beverage she had ordered. Nesalai followed suit and took a drink of her wine before continuing her conversation with Sephora. “Well, this exposition is a way for all those nations that hold embassies in Kamseong to display their culture for everyone to see and enjoy. There is plenty of food and drink of many sorts available. There various forms of artistic displays with performances by both traditional and popular musicians among the most popular of the displays. There is much more of course and,” she chuckled lightly, “it is mostly an excuse for people to take a day or two off from work and enjoy the company of others, eat well, and drink their fill of some of the finest beverages from around the world.”

As Gadolchevi listened to the conversation between the other women, her thoughts were brought back to her second year at university. It was during that time that she had her first experience with the annual cultural exposition held in her home nation. She had been in love, or at least she thought that she had been, with an absolutely adorable little Liangxe girl named Jie and the two of them had decided to save up money from their part-time jobs and treat themselves by purchasing tickets to the expo.

The two young women had thoroughly enjoyed themselves throughout the course of the event. On the last night of the expo, both women had consumed copious amounts of alcohol and by the end of the evening had found themselves enjoying each other’s company in a very intimate fashion. The following morning they awoke hung over, but otherwise very satisfied with experience both at and away from the expo grounds. Of course, this cheerfulness had vanished two weeks after the exposition when Gadolchevi had found Jie fooling around with not just one, but two different individuals in her dormitory room.

The experience had soured her on the idea of attending the expo again for the rest of her undergraduate years. But, with the help her two truest friends, Joo Seungyeon and Zhang Mi, she had worked through the bitter emotions left over from her break-up with Jie and had attended the expo once again in celebration of her completion of her undergraduate studies.

Gadolchevi chuckled herself and interjected, “It is quite a display that everyone puts on and I must say that they always get the best bands to play. I even hear that Blue Cherry Bomb will be putting on a show this year.”

Nesalai nodded and smiled, not even slightly perturbed by the younger woman’s interruption. It was refreshing to see such passion and vibrancy from the youth of the nation. It gave her real hope that Kamseong would continue to prosper and shine like a beacon to those face with the hardships of the world.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:26 am

Kamseong wrote:Gadolchevi smiled at Sephora’s teasing remark and continued to listen and take notes while enjoying a sip of the beverage she had ordered. Nesalai followed suit and took a drink of her wine before continuing her conversation with Sephora. “Well, this exposition is a way for all those nations that hold embassies in Kamseong to display their culture for everyone to see and enjoy. There is plenty of food and drink of many sorts available. There various forms of artistic displays with performances by both traditional and popular musicians among the most popular of the displays. There is much more of course and,” she chuckled lightly, “it is mostly an excuse for people to take a day or two off from work and enjoy the company of others, eat well, and drink their fill of some of the finest beverages from around the world.”

"It would be an absolute pleasure to attend such an auspicious event. In fact," Sephora began, "I think it would be the perfect model for a joint Ganosian-Kamseongese (Sephora hoped that was the right term) cultural convention. It would be pretty much like the one you described, but it would feature Ganosian culture as well as your own. Functions could be held in both our nations, to enable each nation's people to not only learn more about the culture of the other, but to experience it also. A hands-on approach to learning rather than just hearing some lecture. Not only that, but we could enable schools to take field trips to attend such a gathering, so not only can the average Joe and Jane stop by for some enrichment, but schoolchildren, the futures of our nations, can be equipped with the tools and means of understanding the cultures of the world. Knowledge is power, and in this world of ours, a little more awareness of one another's cultures would do wonders. So much violence and discord is provoked due to inadequate awareness and understanding of one another. Does this sound like something your government could get behind?"

Gadolchevi chuckled herself and interjected, “It is quite a display that everyone puts on and I must say that they always get the best bands to play. I even hear that Blue Cherry Bomb will be putting on a show this year.”

"Is that so? Are they some sort of rock band?" Sephora inquired, somewhat ignorant of the local music scene.

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:"It would be an absolute pleasure to attend such an auspicious event. In fact," Sephora began, "I think it would be the perfect model for a joint Ganosian-Kamseongese (Sephora hoped that was the right term) cultural convention. It would be pretty much like the one you described, but it would feature Ganosian culture as well as your own. Functions could be held in both our nations, to enable each nation's people to not only learn more about the culture of the other, but to experience it also. A hands-on approach to learning rather than just hearing some lecture. Not only that, but we could enable schools to take field trips to attend such a gathering, so not only can the average Joe and Jane stop by for some enrichment, but schoolchildren, the futures of our nations, can be equipped with the tools and means of understanding the cultures of the world. Knowledge is power, and in this world of ours, a little more awareness of one another's cultures would do wonders. So much violence and discord is provoked due to inadequate awareness and understanding of one another. Does this sound like something your government could get behind?"

A nod of the head indicated that what Sephora had said sounded just smashing to Nesalai. “I see no reason why something of that nature would be opposed by the government Ambassador. Such an event would be most welcome and quite popular I assure you. Kamseong has huge diversity in its residents and any opportunity to share and celebrate with a new people is cause for celebration.” As she finished speaking, the waiter returned and quietly set down the starting courses and disappeared again. Nesalai was never upset with the service at Tala and was certain that there was no other restaurant that matched it in that category. The Foreign Minister picked up a skewer of her Gilafi Reshmi and took a satisfying bite as she listened to the discourse between the ambassador and her secretary.

Ganos Lao wrote:"Is that so? Are they some sort of rock band?" Sephora inquired, somewhat ignorant of the local music scene.

Gadolchevi became visibly excited when Sephora posed her question concerning Blue Cherry Bomb. “They are the only the best rock band in Kamseong, and in my opinion, the whole world. Their music is just so wonderfully written and powerful,” her eyes twinkled brightly as she continued, “And Hyun-kung’s voice is just so raw, beautiful, and powerful that you want to cry when you hear her sing.” She paused briefly to take a bite of her chaat, “Hyun-kung is also just so damn sexy. She just makes you want to rip her clothes off.” Gadolchevi stopped speaking abruptly and blushed, embarrassed that she had let her excitement overcome her. “I’m so sorry about that,” she said quietly, “That was not appropriate dinner conversation.”

Nesalai smiled and laughed, before anything else could be said, “Do not worry about it. I am a huge fan of Oberkatz. I remember being quite the fan of Mei Zilin and telling all my friends that I was going to marry her and travel the world playing music with her. She was, and still is, quite the fetching beauty.”

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Kamseong wrote:A nod of the head indicated that what Sephora had said sounded just smashing to Nesalai. “I see no reason why something of that nature would be opposed by the government Ambassador. Such an event would be most welcome and quite popular I assure you. Kamseong has huge diversity in its residents and any opportunity to share and celebrate with a new people is cause for celebration.” As she finished speaking, the waiter returned and quietly set down the starting courses and disappeared again. Nesalai was never upset with the service at Tala and was certain that there was no other restaurant that matched it in that category. The Foreign Minister picked up a skewer of her Gilafi Reshmi and took a satisfying bite as she listened to the discourse between the ambassador and her secretary.

"Excellent. We should start the preparations right away, yes?" Sephora said, in between her various picking through and chewing of the served food, all of which she found to be quite delicious. She made sure not to talk with her mouth full, of course - scrumptious food should not deny her the ability of acting professional. This was not some fancy, carefree dinner! This was a meeting with government appointed ministers! She was representing the Empire and the monarch who ruled it! She had to do things properly or they'd be done by someone else in the future.

Ganos Lao wrote:"Is that so? Are they some sort of rock band?" Sephora inquired, somewhat ignorant of the local music scene.

Gadolchevi became visibly excited when Sephora posed her question concerning Blue Cherry Bomb. “They are the only the best rock band in Kamseong, and in my opinion, the whole world. Their music is just so wonderfully written and powerful,” her eyes twinkled brightly as she continued, “And Hyun-kung’s voice is just so raw, beautiful, and powerful that you want to cry when you hear her sing.” She paused briefly to take a bite of her chaat, “Hyun-kung is also just so damn sexy. She just makes you want to rip her clothes off.” Gadolchevi stopped speaking abruptly and blushed, embarrassed that she had let her excitement overcome her. “I’m so sorry about that,” she said quietly, “That was not appropriate dinner conversation.”

Sephora smirked. She wondered if Gadolchevi's inclinations were something she would have to deal with in the future - after all, a heterosexual woman wouldn't talk about wanting to rip some woman's clothes off. Women like Lilith would be talking like that.

"Be thankful we're not dining with Her Highness, Princess Lilith," Sephora mused. "We'd be probably hearing a lot more worse than that."

"A lot worse," Sephora mused. She thought for a moment about how Gadolchevi would be lbushing up a storm had Lilith been here, especially if she overheard Gadolchevi's praise of Hyun-kung.

"What? There's a woman like that around? Excuse me for a moment....."

And off Lilith would go, Sephora chuckled a little, to find and "examine" the truth about this woman.

Nesalai smiled and laughed, before anything else could be said, “Do not worry about it. I am a huge fan of Oberkatz. I remember being quite the fan of Mei Zilin and telling all my friends that I was going to marry her and travel the world playing music with her. She was, and still is, quite the fetching beauty.”

"I seem to have wondered into a Sapphic commune," Sephora mused in her head. "I wonder if this will result in anything - I'm not gonna turn down a fling like some stuffy Jane here.....and these girls.....hmmmm..."

Kamseong
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamseong » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Two weeks had passed since the business dinner with Foreign Minister Mettanjur and it had been two weeks of frequent questioning from her friends Joo Seungyeon and Zhang Mi and “bumping” into Sephora whenever she could manage it at work. “How’s it going with that redheaded boss of yours…” “Have you gone a date yet…” “Have you kissed…” “Have you…” Seungyeon grinned impishly, “Have you had sex yet?” Mi looked over at Gadolchevi, curious to see her friend’s reaction. Gadolchevi shook her head and smiled. “I haven’t gotten to that point yet, but maybe after tomorrow I will be able to say that lost my virginity to a redhead.” Seungyeon and Mi burst out in laughter and when they had calmed down, Mi looked at Gadolchevi in the eyes and patted her friend’s head. “Well, I suppose you are right Chevi, you haven’t lost your virginity to a redhead yet. You’ve just had brunettes, blondes, and black haired women.”

Seungyeon nodded, “And let’s not forget that cute little number that nearly stuck her, err, I mean his little panty companion into your...” Gadolchevi waved away the rest of the sentence and looked as if she were becoming nauseous. “Don’t remind of that Seungyeon. I don’t want to lose my lunch again because of that odd…man.” Mi nodded, and slurped her noodles. “Yeah, he was a real dick for doing that to you considering he knew full well that you were a lesbian.” Gadolchevi nodded, and then continued along the previous line of discussion. “Anyway, I planned a day with Sephora tomorrow. I’ll take her on a little tour of the city, and like your mother likes to say Mi, ‘Pucker my lips and waggle my hips.’” All three of the young women laughed and they spent the next hour chatting about their past romances and flings.

The next day, Gadolchevi sat on the steps leading into the large fountain in the center of Zheng Chun plaza at the heart of the Kamseong. It was cool and pleasant day with birds chirping and soaring overhead and people enjoying themselves after a long week at work. The sound of children laughing could be heard a few meters away as they ran through the plaza without a care in the world. Gadolchevi checked her phone and became a little nervous. She had asked Sephora to meet her at the fountain it was ten minutes before they were supposed to meet. Being nervous over a date was something that Gadolchevi had never experienced before. It was both strange and exciting at the same time.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates