NATION

PASSWORD

Transversal Red Cross [HQ/Open Sign-Ups]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Thank you for your efforts- we are eternally grateful.
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

Timmy City
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Timmy City » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 pm

We can be the launching point for the novo mission and in my region, I didn't post in the thread but we are attending to his needs. As well as hosting a few thousand refugees from his nation on trindad and tabago, and trindad and tabago can be the launching point.
Hurricane Matthew 2016!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Timmy City wrote:We can be the launching point for the novo mission and in my region, I didn't post in the thread but we are attending to his needs. As well as hosting a few thousand refugees from his nation on trindad and tabago, and trindad and tabago can be the launching point.

I'll note Tabago as our launching point.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Timmy City
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Timmy City » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:18 pm

We also have been attending to him.
Hurricane Matthew 2016!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Timmy City wrote:We also have been attending to him.

I'll add you to the list of attendants, we have set up a base East of Santa Catalina. Our forces can conjoin their and we can decide how to approach the other cities.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:25 am

Harbertia wrote:
Ryccia wrote:
I thought that others were opposing my approval into the NSRC.

I had stated their was an in group objection, I never clarified the percentage of the group. I even stated that the practice of slavery it's self would not disqualify your from membership. All that needs to be done is to show Romberg that you are trustworthy, that you can uphold to your obligations.

To: Ryccia
Our nation is not exactly very humane to prisoners either. Execution is widespread, and we certainly support the notion of using hard labour to reform inmates. That we agree. Many of our public works have been built partially due to convict labour. We are not concerned over your use of torture either, and although we do not allow torture in our nation, we feel that other nations have the right to do so. Our issue is on slavery. Regardless of what they have done, we feel that it is not right to deprive one's rights in order to sell them as cheap labour for profit. It is the profit part that we cannot stand. We do not care of what you do to your prisoner population, but if they were to be sold as slave labour FOR PROFIT, we would view it as human trafficking, and in direct opposition to the WA despite BEING A WA MEMBER. Moreover, some have already reminded you on your sales thread that the act of selling them as slaves were already a breach of WA regulations, yet YOU HAVE RESPONDED DEFIANTLY, even when WA condemnation or war was threatened. We hence feel that this act of DISRESPECT towards an organization you are part of is enough to doubt your loyalty. Should you join the TRC, who knows if we want something you do not like and you still continue defying our suggestions? We are a team, and unless your nation's attitude changes or you provide a clear defense for this, we would unfortunately have to continue blocking your request.

The Imperial Realm of Romberg
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Ryccia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ryccia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:02 am

Romberg wrote:
Harbertia wrote:
I had stated their was an in group objection, I never clarified the percentage of the group. I even stated that the practice of slavery it's self would not disqualify your from membership. All that needs to be done is to show Romberg that you are trustworthy, that you can uphold to your obligations.

To: Ryccia
Our nation is not exactly very humane to prisoners either. Execution is widespread, and we certainly support the notion of using hard labour to reform inmates. That we agree. Many of our public works have been built partially due to convict labour. We are not concerned over your use of torture either, and although we do not allow torture in our nation, we feel that other nations have the right to do so. Our issue is on slavery. Regardless of what they have done, we feel that it is not right to deprive one's rights in order to sell them as cheap labour for profit. It is the profit part that we cannot stand. We do not care of what you do to your prisoner population, but if they were to be sold as slave labour FOR PROFIT, we would view it as human trafficking, and in direct opposition to the WA despite BEING A WA MEMBER. Moreover, some have already reminded you on your sales thread that the act of selling them as slaves were already a breach of WA regulations, yet YOU HAVE RESPONDED DEFIANTLY, even when WA condemnation or war was threatened. We hence feel that this act of DISRESPECT towards an organization you are part of is enough to doubt your loyalty. Should you join the TRC, who knows if we want something you do not like and you still continue defying our suggestions? We are a team, and unless your nation's attitude changes or you provide a clear defense for this, we would unfortunately have to continue blocking your request.

There is something about morality here: NO DEATH PENALTY. And fine, I will not do that again. I only wish to help other nations by aiding them. My decision is made clear: I shall do it alone, without the NSRC.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
Ex-Member of the Council on Lazarene Security
"Ryccia you got it wrong"
- Xoriet, 2019

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:17 am

Then it is most unfortunate. With your nation pledging to stop its actions of slavery, we were about to consider withdrawing our veto and allow your nation to join the organization. Although you have decided against joining, do note that should you keep your word, we shall no longer block your application, and you would be allowed to join if you ever desire to do so.

As for the debate, our nation feels that enslavement would be a more inhumane punishment compared to execution, sparing much of the suffering that inmates may have to go through, but this can be debatable, and we understand this.

The doors of TRC will always be open (provided that you keep your words.)

Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Postby Ryccia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:23 am

Romberg wrote:Then it is most unfortunate. With your nation pledging to stop its actions of slavery, we were about to consider withdrawing our veto and allow your nation to join the organization. Although you have decided against joining, do note that should you keep your word, we shall no longer block your application, and you would be allowed to join if you ever desire to do so.

As for the debate, our nation feels that enslavement would be a more inhumane punishment compared to execution, sparing much of the suffering that inmates may have to go through, but this can be debatable, and we understand this.

The doors of TRC will always be open (provided that you keep your words.)

Is that if you help my enemy in the future, let´s say I got in a war with some other nation and you support them, but, as I, enemy of that nation, deny to help.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
- Xoriet, 2019

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:26 am

OOC: What? Basically I'm just saying that after considering your reply, our nation has decided to stop blocking your attempt to join TRC, and you are free to join, but you have decided to stop pursuing this goal. As for that war scenario, it shall be judged on a case-by-case basis, and the TRC does not take sides. We just offer humanitarian aid to all sides affected by the war.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Postby Ryccia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:27 am

Romberg wrote:OOC: What? Basically I'm just saying that after considering your reply, our nation has decided to stop blocking your attempt to join TRC, and you are free to join, but you have decided to stop pursuing this goal. As for that war scenario, it shall be judged on a case-by-case basis, and the TRC does not take sides. We just offer humanitarian aid to all sides affected by the war.

Oh, then, I would like to re-apply.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
- Xoriet, 2019

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:51 am

Ryccia wrote:
Romberg wrote:OOC: What? Basically I'm just saying that after considering your reply, our nation has decided to stop blocking your attempt to join TRC, and you are free to join, but you have decided to stop pursuing this goal. As for that war scenario, it shall be judged on a case-by-case basis, and the TRC does not take sides. We just offer humanitarian aid to all sides affected by the war.

"After new developments, our veto has been withdrawn."

Romberg has withdrawn his objection, welcome to the TRC. Since your are already involved in rebuilding Wagdonia perhaps you can start by joining our efforts east of Santa Catalina?
Tomorrow is made today.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Postby Ryccia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:03 am

Harbertia wrote:
Ryccia wrote:

Romberg has withdrawn his objection, welcome to the TRC. Since your are already involved in rebuilding Wagdonia perhaps you can start by joining our efforts east of Santa Catalina?

Yes, I already sent 19,000 workers but Wagdonia told me to work on the western spanish colony cities.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
- Xoriet, 2019

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:07 am

Ryccia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

Yes, I already sent 19,000 workers but Wagdonia told me to work on the western spanish colony cities.

That is well, it will be nice to finally have operations there.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Postby Ryccia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:11 am

Harbertia wrote:
Ryccia wrote:

That is well, it will be nice to finally have operations there.

Question: When will I be added to the list, since you said welcome to TRC?
Im just asking.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
- Xoriet, 2019

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:13 am

1. Please update it. Ryccia can be a full member now.
2. We have increased our donation of food to increase the total amount to 800 tons, and the medical supplies 200 tons. Our supply of prefabricated housing has also increased to 1000.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Postby Ryccia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:19 am

Im going to the 9.8 Earthquake thread to assist TRC. Going...now.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
- Xoriet, 2019

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:22 am

Romberg wrote:1. Please update it. Ryccia can be a full member now.
2. We have increased our donation of food to increase the total amount to 800 tons, and the medical supplies 200 tons. Our supply of prefabricated housing has also increased to 1000.

Ryccia wrote:Im going to the 9.8 Earthquake thread to assist TRC. Going...now.

I'll see to the appropriate changes.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:30 am

The Changes have been made.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Emergency! Is voluntarly to help

Postby Ryccia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:20 am

Two weeks ago, Leafield was flooded. But the strange but brutal rains have violently flooded Leafield, and about 150 people have lost their lives, while 2,000 people are now homeless. If you want to help, please send your help here
The budget can repair it, but this situation is draining the budget. What if the capital gets in fire? Or a Port is destroyed? The budget can't handle all things, so we request help.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
- Xoriet, 2019

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 am

Ryccia wrote:Two weeks ago, Leafield was flooded. But the strange but brutal rains have violently flooded Leafield, and about 150 people have lost their lives, while 2,000 people are now homeless. If you want to help, please send your help here
The budget can repair it, but this situation is draining the budget. What if the capital gets in fire? Or a Port is destroyed? The budget can't handle all things, so we request help.

Shouldn't be too difficult to handle as the scale is much smaller then what we have been involved in. I'll put the situation up on our operations board.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 am

Ryccia wrote:Two weeks ago, Leafield was flooded. But the strange but brutal rains have violently flooded Leafield, and about 150 people have lost their lives, while 2,000 people are now homeless. If you want to help, please send your help here

Um... Ryccia, what are we suppose to do? Your homeless have been given refuge and the activity has gone on for two weeks. It seems largely as if the situation is under control. Is it the rebuilding effort you require aid in?
Tomorrow is made today.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Postby Ryccia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:49 am

Harbertia wrote:

Um... Ryccia, what are we suppose to do? Your homeless have been given refuge and the activity has gone on for two weeks. It seems largely as if the situation is under control. Is it the rebuilding effort you require aid in?

Yes, since houses have been demolished. Also, the scientists think that this is gonna end in 2.1 months. We have calculated that an average of 760,000 people are gonna be homeless and also 10,000 deaths at that time.
What we need:
$100 billion
170 tons of food and water
Nothing else is what we request, since we calculated what we need to not let the budget be completly drained.
Last edited by Ryccia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
- Xoriet, 2019

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am

Ryccia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

Yes, since houses have been demolished. Also, the scientists think that this is gonna end in 2.1 months. We have calculated that an average of 760,000 people are gonna be homeless and also 10,000 deaths at that time.
What we need:
$100 billion
170 tons of food and water
Nothing else is what we request, since we calculated what we need to not let the budget be completly drained.

Thanks for the clarification, I have import the data to the operations board.
Tomorrow is made today.

Timmy City
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Timmy City » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Ryccia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

What we need:
$100 billion
170 tons of food and watering

I will give you $120 billion for extra expenses, please don't try to pay us back we are just trying to help out.
Hurricane Matthew 2016!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates