NATION

PASSWORD

Transversal Red Cross [HQ/Open Sign-Ups]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Out of care for international health and welfare, Venaleria officially joins the NSRC.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 am

Venaleria wrote:Out of care for international health and welfare, Venaleria officially joins the NSRC.

Welcome Venaleria.

---

Looks like I have my work cut out for me today. New members to regester, the security debate, and events such as this one:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=247142&p=15081010&sid=f4ff848cc9951001f7f440760041de52#p15081010

Asasia is requesting aid from the TRC, do I have any volunteers for the operation?
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:13 am

Romberg wrote:
Ryccia wrote:To help other nations in need while neutral, Ryccia shall join the NSRC.

As a WA state that officially defies the resolution by conducting slavery, we strongly oppose their entrance into the TRC.

I understand your ethical concern on the matter but our organization is a neutral organization, with a single purpose of humanitarian aid. Did you know that from 1938-1945 a number of Nazi German Police personnel were in control of INTERPOL? Does it really matter if Ryccia conducts slavery when our organization's purpose is to provide politically neutral aid on the battle field and to supply humanitarian assistance?
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:18 am

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:The Federation of Eminral Republic shall respond to the Louis Farrakhan land incident. People with white skin are being deported out of the country. We shall make sure that the Eminral Red Cross and the Medical team of the Eminral Forces shall attend with the needs of the refugees and anyone in need of medical attention, especially that a war might start soon.

I like your initiative Eminral, I shall monitor the situation. Inform me if it grows dire.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:26 am

Hundermenschen wrote:As a nation that is created under the influence of war we would like to make peace in the world for both canine and human species, with our advanced medical care and medicines we would like to apply for the Transversal Red Cross. As a result of our joining the NSRC would get a share of our advanced medicines in times of need.

I would like to welcome our first Extra-Species member of the NSRC, Hundermenschen. With their addition our organization makes another leap towards becoming a truly Transversal and Neutral force.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 am

Harbertia wrote:
Romberg wrote:
As a WA state that officially defies the resolution by conducting slavery, we strongly oppose their entrance into the TRC.

I understand your ethical concern on the matter but our organization is a neutral organization, with a single purpose of humanitarian aid. Did you know that from 1938-1945 a number of Nazi German Police personnel were in control of INTERPOL? Does it really matter if Ryccia conducts slavery when our organization's purpose is to provide politically neutral aid on the battle field and to supply humanitarian assistance?

It is not so much that they allow slavery, but more that they are a WA member and yet openly defies the resolution. Various parties have threatened WA condemnation, but still they are in defiance. For this, we are concerned over both their attitude towards the global community and the source of their slaves, which would cause skepticism over our organization's aims. Hence, until these issues have been resolved, we have no choice but to continue to veto their application.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:21 am

Harbertia wrote:
Venaleria wrote:Out of care for international health and welfare, Venaleria officially joins the NSRC.

Welcome Venaleria.

---

Looks like I have my work cut out for me today. New members to regester, the security debate, and events such as this one:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=247142&p=15081010&sid=f4ff848cc9951001f7f440760041de52#p15081010

Asasia is requesting aid from the TRC, do I have any volunteers for the operation?

Our nation shall take up the responsibility, sending in aid, volunteers and military police to maintain law and order within the ruins. It is well known of the lawlessness that often follows a major natural disaster, and this time we would send in military police on our own accord.

For reference, our offer is included in the archive below:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=247142&p=15094336#p15094336
Last edited by Romberg on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 am

Romberg wrote:It is not so much that they allow slavery, but more that they are a WA member and yet openly defies the resolution. Various parties have threatened WA condemnation, but still they are in defiance. For this, we are concerned over both their attitude towards the global community and the source of their slaves, which would cause skepticism over our organization's aims. Hence, until these issues have been resolved, we have no choice but to continue to veto their application.

It appears I am indeed, lacking in knowledge on these matters. Could you elaborate on such issues as their source, or at least provide links to the information. I saw nothing concerning slavery with in the section "Laws of Ryccia" found in their factbook entries. Admittingly, it was the only section I checked out having noticed your complaint.

Romberg wrote:
Harbertia wrote:
Welcome Venaleria.

---

Our nation shall take up the responsibility, sending in aid, volunteers and military police to maintain law and order within the ruins. It is well known of the lawlessness that often follows a major natural disaster, and this time we would send in military police on our own accord.

For reference, our offer is included in the archive below:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=247142&p=15094336#p15094336

Thanks for making it a point to separate the nation and the NSRC's activities 8) I'll go ahead and list you in the list of attendants.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 am

Harbertia wrote:
Romberg wrote:It is not so much that they allow slavery, but more that they are a WA member and yet openly defies the resolution. Various parties have threatened WA condemnation, but still they are in defiance. For this, we are concerned over both their attitude towards the global community and the source of their slaves, which would cause skepticism over our organization's aims. Hence, until these issues have been resolved, we have no choice but to continue to veto their application.

It appears I am indeed, lacking in knowledge on these matters. Could you elaborate on such issues as their source, or at least provide links to the information. I saw nothing concerning slavery with in the section "Laws of Ryccia" found in their factbook entries. Admittingly, it was the only section I checked out having noticed your complaint.

Please refer to WA resolution #23, which has not been repealed:
http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pas ... 1?start=20.

And yet they were selling slave soldiers, here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=246386
Proud Member of Astyria.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 am

Romberg wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

Please refer to WA resolution #23, which has not been repealed:
http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pas ... 1?start=20.

And yet they were selling slave soldiers, here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=246386

I see what you mean now, if they can't abide by the obligations of WA Membership, how can they be expect to uphold the responsibility of NSRC membership. Even I know the deference in selling the labor of a person as opposed to selling the person of the labor. I'll have to give this more consideration then before.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 am

Official letter from the Offices of the Federation of Hesse Kassel

To whom it may concern,

The Federation of Hesse Kassel has made some considerations about joining the NSRC. Recently we have sent aid to a 9.8 in Asasia to which our citizens highly praise. We would like to join the NSRC to fulfill a larger part in the world and have a sense of pride along with it.

Regards,
President Von Richter

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 am

Hesse Kassel wrote:
Official letter from the Offices of the Federation of Hesse Kassel

To whom it may concern,

The Federation of Hesse Kassel has made some considerations about joining the NSRC. Recently we have sent aid to a 9.8 in Asasia to which our citizens highly praise. We would like to join the NSRC to fulfill a larger part in the world and have a sense of pride along with it.

Regards,
President Von Richter

Welcome to the NSRC
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:58 am

Ryccia has refused membership.

Me: You have shown interest in NSRC membership and are currently being given consideration. Ryccia would have by now already been accepted had it not been for in group objection. Objection has come about on the bases that, evidence has surfaced that Ryccia practices slave trafficking. This in it's self is no reason to be denied NSRC membership. The Concern however arises on the bases that WA Resolution #23 forbids slave trafficking, as a member of the WA you are obliged to uphold it's laws and resolutions. As the Director I need assurance that you will uphold NSRC standards if I am to quite these complaints to allow the doors of unhindered membership to lay open.

A note for future reference: Resolution #23 excludes prison labour or community service given as sentence in the course of a fair trial from it's deffenition of forced labor how ever it does state: "Forcing or inducing the transfer of any person against their freely given will, or assisting or financing such actions, through similar forms of coercion, for the purposes of exploitation, such as slavery or forced labour, or situations approximating to such, sexual exploitation, or unauthorised medical procedures, shall be considered 'human trafficking' and immediately prohibited in all nations."

In the future one might instead of selling the prisoners, lend out their labor. For example, James Oewls is sentenced to 12 years of state labor. Instead of selling James, transfer his service to an other state. Lending it to the foreign government for a rental fee until his term of service is over. Doing so should avoid another such dispute.

Ryccia's Immediate Response: Well, I want to help other nations, but if it is like that, is because in Ryccia, the belief is this: Criminals MUST pay. And with with hard labor and slavery they must pay. We torture them to reveal criminal secrets, and if needed to be sold, torture them to be so weak to be materials. Send this message to the NSRC and this too: CRIMINALS DON'T DESERVE RIGHTS.

Please, send this to the whole NSRC Council, if there is one.

---

I have informed Ryccia that I sincerely was trying to secure his membership.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ryccia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ryccia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 am

Harbertia wrote:Ryccia has refused membership.

Me: You have shown interest in NSRC membership and are currently being given consideration. Ryccia would have by now already been accepted had it not been for in group objection. Objection has come about on the bases that, evidence has surfaced that Ryccia practices slave trafficking. This in it's self is no reason to be denied NSRC membership. The Concern however arises on the bases that WA Resolution #23 forbids slave trafficking, as a member of the WA you are obliged to uphold it's laws and resolutions. As the Director I need assurance that you will uphold NSRC standards if I am to quite these complaints to allow the doors of unhindered membership to lay open.

A note for future reference: Resolution #23 excludes prison labour or community service given as sentence in the course of a fair trial from it's deffenition of forced labor how ever it does state: "Forcing or inducing the transfer of any person against their freely given will, or assisting or financing such actions, through similar forms of coercion, for the purposes of exploitation, such as slavery or forced labour, or situations approximating to such, sexual exploitation, or unauthorised medical procedures, shall be considered 'human trafficking' and immediately prohibited in all nations."

In the future one might instead of selling the prisoners, lend out their labor. For example, James Oewls is sentenced to 12 years of state labor. Instead of selling James, transfer his service to an other state. Lending it to the foreign government for a rental fee until his term of service is over. Doing so should avoid another such dispute.

Ryccia's Immediate Response: Well, I want to help other nations, but if it is like that, is because in Ryccia, the belief is this: Criminals MUST pay. And with with hard labor and slavery they must pay. We torture them to reveal criminal secrets, and if needed to be sold, torture them to be so weak to be materials. Send this message to the NSRC and this too: CRIMINALS DON'T DESERVE RIGHTS.

---

I thought that others were opposing my approval into the NSRC.
Some person
TSPer and Lazarene
Ex-Member of the Council on Lazarene Security
"Ryccia you got it wrong"
- Xoriet, 2019

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:08 am

Ryccia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Ryccia has refused membership.

---

I thought that others were opposing my approval into the NSRC.

I had stated their was an in group objection, I never clarified the percentage of the group. I even stated that the practice of slavery it's self would not disqualify your from membership. All that needs to be done is to show Romberg that you are trustworthy, that you can uphold to your obligations.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:41 am

When will voting end?
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:03 am

Romic wrote:When will voting end?

This Saturday, Jun the 22nd.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:40 am

Ok, why do so many people want us to have our own security force?
Tomorrow is made today.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Harbertia wrote:Ok, why do so many people want us to have our own security force?

I believe that we should remain a peaceful organization without a security force for ourselves. Security may be provided to us from other groups, but we must continue to maintain a peaceful, beneficial community if we are to bring aid to those in need.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

Slafstopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slafstopia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Harbertia wrote:Ok, why do so many people want us to have our own security force?

Our volunteers need to be protected, and our own security force would be neutral and impartial. Of course, we wouldn't use real weapons, just rubber bullets and water cannons, and would only attack when provoked.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.50
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -9.48
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -8.09
Socio-economic Quiz: Anarchism 100%, Marxism 92%, Democratic Socialism 92%
Economic Quiz: Ghandian 100%
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Slavyukriy, by Ceni.
Officially, Slafstopia is Lyapzem.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:17 pm

I agree with Venaleria, through out my NS and Nations involvement certain issues were naturally seen as weapons free. Like peace talks for example, I believe if you truly seek peace you should leave the war behind you. I often think back to the scene, most should remember, from Disney's Atlantis in which the King points out that they have brought weapons with them. It's a trust issue. Also, there's something almost Heroic about going into battle unarmed with the sole purpose of aiding the wounded. One becomes like an Angel, who walks the streets of Hell, giving hope to the fallen.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Timmy City
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Timmy City » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Guys my ally just got hit by nuclear, biological, and chemical attacks. And yes my nation has several islands that are close to his nation.I will help him out, I'm asking for the Red Cross to help him out and we are donating 500 billion nsds to the Red Cross.
Hurricane Matthew 2016!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Timmy City wrote:Guys my ally just got hit by nuclear, biological, and chemical attacks. And yes my nation has several islands that are close to his nation.I will help him out, I'm asking for the Red Cross to help him out and we are donating 500 billion nsds to the Red Cross.

We will need to know who we are suppose to be aiding before we can aid.
Tomorrow is made today.

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm the nation that Timmy is referring to- we would deeply appreciate your help. These are the links to my rebuilding thread, and the thread in which I was attacked.

Rebuilding

Attack
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Novo Wagondia wrote:I'm the nation that Timmy is referring to- we would deeply appreciate your help. These are the links to my rebuilding thread, and the thread in which I was attacked.

Rebuilding

Attack

The President can be assured that NSRC shall do it's best to aid the Wagondian people. It is unfortunate this happened during a bid for peace.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates