NATION

PASSWORD

The International Humanitarian Aid & Peacekeeping Commission

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Akena
Secretary

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Akena » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:44 am

We would like to clarify, again, that the 65 000 volunteers are CIVILIAN, NON-MILITARY volunteers.

Technically, our military contribution would just be 120 soldiers+a few military engineers :rofl:

-Sir Toff Gannun, IHAPC Representative For The Kingdom Of Akena.

EDIT: Wait...does that mean 100% of the civilian volunteers under IHAPC is mine? :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by Akena on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If you fear your families are in danger, then go home to them. But if you wish to truly protect them and uphold the proud flag of Akena, you shall stay!"

-King Desmond during The Mass Reunite.

Citizens Volunteering For The IHAPC

The Written History Of The Kingdom Of Akena

The Akenian Herald, Akena's oldest newspaper.

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:29 am

Nope. Our 150000 Military Police are technically not part of the military, although they would be classified as Paramilitary, and have limited military capability.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Akena
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Akena » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:30 am

But they are not civilian, and thus represent a part of IHAPC's "military" force, even though it is not.

"If you fear your families are in danger, then go home to them. But if you wish to truly protect them and uphold the proud flag of Akena, you shall stay!"

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:41 am

Well, depends on your definition of "military" then. These MPs are mainly for riot control and distribution of aid and whatnot, like UN peacekeepers. If armed intervention or anticipation of direct conflict is needed, we'd use PROPER military.

But you have a point there.

Oh well, ultimately it's all about contribution, not whether they're military or not.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Akena
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Akena » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:44 am

I definitely agree. Though my volunteers are a little constraint, since they don't receive the same years training the military get. They (and also any IHAPC non-military personnel) do get some basic survival training and also the PDW-MkI.

San Benedict e San Francesco
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby San Benedict e San Francesco » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Officials of the IHAPC;
We are refugees fleeing political repression in our home state, looking for a new homeland. We are a hardworking, industrious, faithful sort. Most of us are intellectuals, but a few are practised tradesman and, obviously, experienced sailors. Without the knowledge of the Port Authority of our home country, we are willing to set a course to any nation that is willing to take us in and safeguard our political freedoms.

We ask for the commission's help in reaching our new home safely, and perhaps even identifying it.

Sincerely,
Emilio Vespucci
Operator - MV Pilgrim's Mercy
Mission for the Practice of Diplomacy
Bear in mind that, while I am not a Poe per-se, the See takes a more traditionalist view in many ways than I myself do
Secretary-General, NS Pedantic Society. Well, really, we're more of a Group.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:It's not so much that we're off-topic as it is that the topic has run screaming from the thread.

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:20 am

San Benedict e San Francesco wrote:Officials of the IHAPC;
We are refugees fleeing political repression in our home state, looking for a new homeland. We are a hardworking, industrious, faithful sort. Most of us are intellectuals, but a few are practised tradesman and, obviously, experienced sailors. Without the knowledge of the Port Authority of our home country, we are willing to set a course to any nation that is willing to take us in and safeguard our political freedoms.

We ask for the commission's help in reaching our new home safely, and perhaps even identifying it.

Sincerely,
Emilio Vespucci
Operator - MV Pilgrim's Mercy

To: Emilio Vespucci
Security: Medium

The IHAPC is extremely disheartened to see that you have been ousted from your homelands, the IHAPC is more than happy to assist your peoples in establishing their own nation-state. This is a matter of the Trusteeship council, and it is up to one of our nations to establish a trust territory which with our combined assistance, will eventually mature into its own nation, and a place for you all to call home. the IHAPC will discuss candidates for such a territory.
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

The New World Oceania
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New World Oceania » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Official Communique
OF

The New World Oceania

Encryption: Intermediate

TO: The International Humanitarian Aid and Peacekeeping Commission

My dearest friends in cause for international cooperation,

It has come to the attention of The New World Oceania's Department of Social Welfare that, in the current case of minor domestic turmoil which ravages The New World Oceania, our nation is short on reasonably available funds to perform much-needed projects in such order to promote the right to life.

Seeking renewal and modernisation among the global socio-political tendencies which have taken forth unto the world, the Inner Party has set forth eighth month's worth of plans to provide rightfully deserved compensations to the economically lower-class of Oceania (in essence, the poorest 22% of the Good People). These compensations will involve welfare reform, introduction of provisions to the upper-lower class, social compensations to underrepresented minorities, housing and shelter to the homeless, public work and education opportunities for the disadvantaged, and forgiveness of debt to those affected by indefinitely caused tirades past, such as the prosecution of minorities several years ago.

However, many of these have been placed on the Department of Social Welfare, and it has been duly noted that the available funds of the entire nation, in this turmoilous unrest, are unable to compensate for the slight increase of fund required for the Oceanian Welfare Compensation, Welfare Consideration, Healthcare Reform, and Economic Revival of Lesser Kind Acts. With this, in the most dear Spirit of Justice and Equality, the Ministry of Finance of The New World Oceania hereby requests, in manner of foreign aid, $3,500,000,000,000, which may be provided at any time, in all conventional manners, over the course of the following two through three weeks.

Our deepest condolences are to those affected – sovereign and citizen alike – by our former disorder, yet there is assurance that Oceania is on a pathway to renewal. The New World Oceania should hope to recompensate for the expressed funds in eventual time, and the Inner Party with Queen Helena shall be delighted to negotiate the expression of gratitudinal aid in which the Commission may be repaid.

Merci
Woman-made-woman.
Formerly Not a Bang but a Whimper.
Mario Cerce, Member of the Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!
Elizia
Joyce Wu, Eternal President of Elizia
Wen Lin, Governor of Jinyu
Ahmed Alef, Member for South Hutnegeri
Dagmar
Elise Marlowe, Member for Varland
Calaverde
Alsafyr Njil, Minister of Justice
Vienna Eliot et. al, Poets
Dick Njil, Journalist
Assad Hazouri, Mayor of Masalbhumi
Baltonia
Clint Webb, Member of the Seima
Ment-Al Li, United Nations Agent
Aurentina
Clint Webb, Senator

Liberated Counties
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:38 pm

The New World Oceania wrote:
Official Communique
OF

The New World Oceania

Encryption: Intermediate

My dearest friends in cause for international cooperation,

It has come to the attention of The New World Oceania's Department of Social Welfare that, in the current case of minor domestic turmoil which ravages The New World Oceania, our nation is short on reasonably available funds to perform much-needed projects in such order to promote the right to life.

Seeking renewal and modernisation among the global socio-political tendencies which have taken forth unto the world, the Inner Party has set forth eighth month's worth of plans to provide rightfully deserved compensations to the economically lower-class of Oceania (in essence, the poorest 22% of the Good People). These compensations will involve welfare reform, introduction of provisions to the upper-lower class, social compensations to underrepresented minorities, housing and shelter to the homeless, public work and education opportunities for the disadvantaged, and forgiveness of debt to those affected by indefinitely caused tirades past, such as the prosecution of minorities several years ago.

However, many of these have been placed on the Department of Social Welfare, and it has been duly noted that the available funds of the entire nation, in this turmoilous unrest, are unable to compensate for the slight increase of fund required for the Oceanian Welfare Compensation, Welfare Consideration, Healthcare Reform, and Economic Revival of Lesser Kind Acts. With this, in the most dear Spirit of Justice and Equality, the Ministry of Finance of The New World Oceania hereby requests, in manner of foreign aid, $3,500,000,000,000, which may be provided at any time, in all conventional manners, over the course of the following two through three weeks.

Our deepest condolences are to those affected – sovereign and citizen alike – by our former disorder, yet there is assurance that Oceania is on a pathway to renewal. The New World Oceania should hope to recompensate for the expressed funds in eventual time, and the Inner Party with Queen Helena shall be delighted to negotiate the expression of gratitudinal aid in which the Commission may be repaid.
I
Merci

To: Oceania

The IHAPC will sort out your problem immediately. We are going to establish a bailout fund for your nation, provided to you by the generous members of the IHAPC.

Oceania Bailout Fund

We, the members of the IHAPC, guardians of freedom, have been called upon to donate to those who are currently in need of economic assistance. The IHAPC hereby officially creates a bailout fund for Oceania.

20,000,000,000/3,500,000,000,000

The Corporate Federation of Liberated Counties donates ten billion dollars to the cause.

(Erm, could someone else tally the amount of money donated. I have dyscalculia... :unsure: )
Last edited by Liberated Counties on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:38 pm

The Imperial Realm of Romberg hereby grants another ten billion to the cause, for a total of twenty billion dollars.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Akena
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Akena » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:22 am

I suggest a separate thread for the fund, as it will clog the main thread. It will be harder to sort things out.

Port Charlotte
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Charlotte » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:04 pm

I am BaCK!!
Zephyic Civil War- Port Charlotte withdraw
Defense of Qubec- Port Charlotte Victory
Intonisian/Emexican War- Port Charlotte withdraw
Defense of Port Charlotte- Lost
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS THE GREATEST NATION GOD HAS PLACED ON THIS EARTH. WE FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF JUSTICE WHEREVER TYRANNY REIGNS.

Liberated Counties
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Akena wrote:I suggest a separate thread for the fund, as it will clog the main thread. It will be harder to sort things out.

It will be fine, we just need donations.

Liberated Counties
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Following a donation from the gracious Head CEO of GOVCON, we now have the

Full amount

of the 3,500,000,000,000 NSD needed for our donation.

The nation of Oceania now has the option to take the money as a lump sum, or to be delivered it in payments over the years.

Ikonja
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 28, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ikonja » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:26 pm

OOC: Before I put an application up, is there anything in particular the peacekeeping forces require? Ikonja’s government will be contracting a private security firm to serve IHAPC, so any current needs will help decide to which firm award the contract. Ikonja will also be supplying medical equipment and civilian healthcare professionals.

Regarding the plight of the refugees from San Benedict e San Francesco: I'm not sure if they or IHAPC plan to found a new nation for them or not, but there's plenty of room in my region of Echeverra. Alternatively, there's definitely room for refugees in Ikonja and Backus. Both nations are secure, secular, and practice freedom of religion. I can be more detailed when I actually apply.
Last edited by Ikonja on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New World Oceania
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New World Oceania » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Official Communique
OF

The New World Oceania

Encryption: Open

Dear allies,

The New World Oceania is exceedingly grateful for these generous offerings of the IHAPC. It is near inexpressible, the great aid which this will bring unto our nation and many others. Oceania may be renewed from its archaic days. The New World Oceania should hope to recompensate for the expressed funds in eventual time, and the Inner Party shall be delighted to negotiate the expression of gratitudinal aid in which the Commission may be repaid.

Merci
Last edited by The New World Oceania on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Woman-made-woman.
Formerly Not a Bang but a Whimper.
Mario Cerce, Member of the Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!
Elizia
Joyce Wu, Eternal President of Elizia
Wen Lin, Governor of Jinyu
Ahmed Alef, Member for South Hutnegeri
Dagmar
Elise Marlowe, Member for Varland
Calaverde
Alsafyr Njil, Minister of Justice
Vienna Eliot et. al, Poets
Dick Njil, Journalist
Assad Hazouri, Mayor of Masalbhumi
Baltonia
Clint Webb, Member of the Seima
Ment-Al Li, United Nations Agent
Aurentina
Clint Webb, Senator

San Benedict e San Francesco
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby San Benedict e San Francesco » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Ikonja wrote:Regarding the plight of the refugees from San Benedict e San Francesco: I'm not sure if they or IHAPC plan to found a new nation for them or not, but there's plenty of room in my region of Echeverra. Alternatively, there's definitely room for refugees in Ikonja and Backus. Both nations are secure, secular, and practice freedom of religion. I can be more detailed when I actually apply.

I was thinking more along the lines of having them flee to an existing nation. It's fairly rare in reality that refugees get whole new countries to themselves.
Mission for the Practice of Diplomacy
Bear in mind that, while I am not a Poe per-se, the See takes a more traditionalist view in many ways than I myself do
Secretary-General, NS Pedantic Society. Well, really, we're more of a Group.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:It's not so much that we're off-topic as it is that the topic has run screaming from the thread.

Liberated Counties
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:03 pm

San Benedict e San Francesco wrote:
Ikonja wrote:Regarding the plight of the refugees from San Benedict e San Francesco: I'm not sure if they or IHAPC plan to found a new nation for them or not, but there's plenty of room in my region of Echeverra. Alternatively, there's definitely room for refugees in Ikonja and Backus. Both nations are secure, secular, and practice freedom of religion. I can be more detailed when I actually apply.

I was thinking more along the lines of having them flee to an existing nation. It's fairly rare in reality that refugees get whole new countries to themselves.

This is nationstates, reality comes and goes as it pleases.

we will provide internal security for your fledgling nation, as well as help you find new land if you haven't already.

Port Charlotte
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Charlotte » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Okay people. We need to get to work on something.
Zephyic Civil War- Port Charlotte withdraw
Defense of Qubec- Port Charlotte Victory
Intonisian/Emexican War- Port Charlotte withdraw
Defense of Port Charlotte- Lost
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS THE GREATEST NATION GOD HAS PLACED ON THIS EARTH. WE FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF JUSTICE WHEREVER TYRANNY REIGNS.

Nikolia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Port Charlotte wrote:Okay people. We need to get to work on something.

We do need

Sovngrad
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovngrad » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Origin - The Federation of Sovngrad Foreign Affairs Department
Recipient - The International Humanitarian Aid & Peacekeeping Commission
Subject - Joining

Greetings,

It is the will of the Federation of Sovngrad and the State Congress to put forth an application to join this esteemed alliance.

Username: Sovngrad

Nation name(if different): The Federation of Sovngrad

Member of ICE?: No

Peacekeeper donation: 100,000 Men

Equipment/Material donation(optional): None at the moment, though the Federation is willing to donate a total of 45 million NSD to the cause.

Are your peacekeepers willing to switch to the 6.5mm ICE?: Yes

Kranstentistan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kranstentistan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Good day,

In an effort to to increase our involvement with international politics and to further the goals of the International Coalition for Expansion, we hereby submit this application:

Username: kranstentistan
Nation name(if different): The Dominion of Kranstentistan
Peacekeeper donation: 6,500 personnel
Equipment/Material donation(optional): x5000 Colt Canada C7 assault rifles, x200 frag grenades, x200 stinger grenades, x500 cargo trucks, x20 LAV III Kodiak armored vehicles
Are your peacekeepers willing to switch to the the 6.5mm ICE? Yes

We wish that we could donate more to your organization but our population is small and we are facing problems of our own at the moment.

Sincerely,
Kranstentistan, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by Kranstentistan on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makaivellia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Makaivellia » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Username: Makaivellia
Nation name(if different): The Novum Consul of Makaivellia
Peacekeeper donation: 25,000 Exercitan Legionnaires (Army) 5,000 Incuriso Legionnaires (Marines) 500 Aquilan Legionnaires (Air Force). Total Force = 30,500 Legionnaires.
Equipment/Material donation(optional): x24,000 TR-901 Assault Rifles, x15,000 TR-X4 Bullpup Rifles, x100,000 MA-60 Assault Rifles (as well as blueprints), x10,000 MT-20 MBTs, x1,000 ASF-15 VTOL-CTOL (Half are to be used by Makaivellian Peacekeepers)
Are your peacekeepers willing to switch to the 6.5mm ICE?: Yes.
Last edited by Makaivellia on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#KANYEWEST2020

Dakran
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dakran » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Username: Dakran
Nation name(if different): The Socialist State of Dakran
Peacekeeper donation: 10,000 Standard Peacekeepers, 7,500 Hazmat
Equipment/Material donation(optional): 5,000 DA-40 Medium Tank's, 5,000,000 Gallons of water, 3,000,000 tons of food, 1,000,000 Portable Shelters
Are your peacekeepers willing to switch to the 6.5mm ICE?: Yes
Trans flag here She/Her
01_EMBASSY_PROPOSE
WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS
Baltenstein wrote:Source:
The Turkish minister of Turkishness, Öztürk Türkuglu.

Liberated Counties
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 pm

I apologise for my inactivity guys!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates