NATION

PASSWORD

Mystria Regional News

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Mystria Regional News

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am

Mystria Regional News Chronicles

Criteria to post on this thread is for the news or journalist organization to either be stationed in Mystria or to be about a country in the region of Mystria or events concerning the region.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:13 am

Official Mesage from the Greater Prussian Empire on the Matter of Allied Security

Given the increased threats posed by our allies by the tensions in the Mystria region, we have decided to make available to allies in the region a range of Strategic Military Stockpiles, to make deployment easier during potential crises like the one that had just occurred. For this reason, we wish to secure ten square kilometers of land in Terradin under the designation SMS Terradin-1. This will be securede by a skeleton force of CAPINTERN infantry and will hold an emergency stockpile of military equipment for use by Imperial elements in the event of regional war.

Furthermore, the Greater Prussian Empire would like to appel to the Pyrillic Empire, the Hobbiest Republic, and the High Treefolk, as well as Lubyak, for permission to purchase land in these nations for similar purposes.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:02 pm

"Good Morning Crystal Spires, Joy and Salutations and welcome to the Spirean Tribune! Today Uleth Tanthon brings you an interview like no other, We shall speak with the woman famous for the Call for Unending Peace throughout Mystria, a woman far ahead of her time, straight from the icy cold of the Grand Arctic Empire, we shall be speaking with the beautiful Her Grand Arctic Majesty, Empress Asheila Ariette II of the Riemaians. Today on the Tribune.”

The Warm Hearted Empress of the Cold North

An Interview with the Grand Arctic Empress of Riemaia

Born in the small village of Lau Repth while her mother was travelling, Empress Asheila Ariette II was always in motion and three steps ahead of her generation. Brought up in the capital city of Carmina Gadelica, Asheila Ariette II was often thinking ahead of her peers, in spite of her struggle with Dyslexia from a very young age. She became politically active at the age of 23, when she became the Grand Duchess of Cyprianonalemaa, but not before adding several charitable contributions to the people of Riemaia. Known for her compassion and understanding, The Grand Duchess was able to fund several organizations which help Gay, Lesbian, and Transgendered individuals as well as an organization which helps children who have lost their families. Over two fifths of her profits have gone directly to helping the needy and the orphanages in Crystal Spires have also received some of this relief as well. A strong minded individual, Empress Asheila Ariette II has displayed great and positive moral character and has taken initiative in protecting the most vulnerable members of our society, and in her will to protect Orphans, she has taken some in as her family as well. The children have gone from the most powerless and vulnerable place in society and now are making strong strides in the call for public awareness for Orphaned children. We have the fortune to speak with the Grand Arctic Empress herself.

ULETH: Empress Asheila Ariette II, I welcome you to our humble programme, please make yourself comfortable. I am Uleth Tanthon of the Tribune, am I using the proper designation, Your Imperial Highness, as I would not wish to insult your honor, which is viewed quite positively among our viewers.

ANNELI: Well thank you for inviting me! I’m glad to be here actually. And I do prefer if you call me Anneli, it is my given name afterall and what I prefer to be called.

ULETH: Yes Ma’am, I will call you, just Anneli or Miss Anneli?

ANNELI: Please, Anneli is just fine! I always find that titles get in the way of having a nice conversation.

ULETH: Ah, perhaps you are unfamiliar with Spirean history, we used to have Royalty as well, the High King and the Aristocracy were very unforgiving of titles not matching a person’s station. This has been a long standing matter, in fact in most of the language that we speak here, we still have complicated rules for the type of people one talks to, as a matter of respect now, but before it used to be in fear. The Monarchy in comparison in Riemaia is utterly merciful and paragons of humility. But, to perhaps draw this contrast greater, why don’t you tell us what it means for you to be the Empress of the Grand Arctic Empire?

ANNELI: Well Uleth, for me it means that as the Constitutional monarch, i’ve been given the chance to make a long term change, been given my entire lifetime in one of the most respectful and looked up to positions in the nation to guide and pave the way to a greater future for Riemaia and even possibly the entire region; But maybe not the entire world, although it would be a step in that direction.

ULETH: I see, and what does it mean to be a Constitutional Monarch? As in Ealdurim there is the High King, who is absolute in his decisions, and only last winter has Altea accepted any form of legal system at all. What is a constitution and how does it differ from our Constitution as a Republic?

ANNELI: In Riemaia, to be a Constitutional Monarch is to be bound by the laws that every citizen is also bound to, with a handful of exceptions. The way the Riemaian constitution was written back in 1791, it declared three groups that could not be abolished by the other two, the role of the hereditary Monarch, the appointed Courts, and the elected Legislature. Each of the three are able to influence the other two, such as I can appoint three members of the Supreme Court and sponsor bills and in some cases even write my own to be sent forward up for vote, while the Prime Minister, who used to be voted on in parliament but is now voted on nationally for a term of six years, they have the power to appoint four members to the supreme court and act as the more day-to-day head of the country. The legislature in the constitution has the same function as the legislature in just about every other Republic out there, voting on bills to become laws, voting on whether to ratify a treaty either myself, the prime minister, or appointed representatives sign, and to approve actions such as going to war and things like that.

ULETH: So you have a High Chancellor, and also a High Council, only they are to be monitored and overwatched by you, or are you more similar to the High Chancellor? Perhaps I wonder what the role of the Prime Minister is, if you could explain this to our audience, I would appreciate it, Your Imperial Majesty.

ANNELI: Oh of course, the Prime Ministers role in the government is as the short to mid term policy maker of Riemaia, basically the Head of Government while I am the Head of State. The position of Prime Minister holds more official power than my position, since the PM is the person, along with their ministers, that determines the annual budget and submits it to the legislature for approval, that determines when placing sanctions on countries is a good course of action, and determines most of Riemaia’s foreign policy.

ULETH: And we have also heard much of your anti-nuclear policies. Our viewers wish to know what is meant when when you say that you oppose nuclear weapons?

ANNELI: Thats actually a good question. What I mean when i say that I oppose them, is that I will not allow their production or existence in Riemaia, that I will not allow any foreign vessel even suspected of carrying nuclear weapons inside Riemaian territorial waters, and that I am in favor of global disarmament of such weapons and other forms of weapons of mass destruction such as chemical and biological weapons.

ULETH: What manner of Chemical and biological weapons would you prefer for everyone to disband, and for those who have genocidal desires and ambitions, how would you, as a sovereign confront them?

ANNELI: I would prefer other nations to disband all chemical weapons that are lethal by design, which does not include mace and tear gas, which many police forces use to stop riots. As for biological weapons, I would prefer that every single one be destroyed, since they are so unpredictable in their use and could wipe out entire civilian populations. As for the other thing, nations that have genocidal ambitions... I honestly do not know how I would even start to deal with them. I don’t think it’s all that possible to convince those who know what they are willing to do and the consequences that would come from it, and I would not ever suggest violence to prevent more violence, but at least try to keep the government in gridlock while covertly reaching to the populace to prevent the governments plans from even taking place.

ULETH: These are admirable sentiments, Your Imperial Majesty, and as survivors of genocide, we have in many ways attempted such things, but with few fruits. Thus it is my desire to pose the question, as it is relevant to real life scenarios. In Altea, for example, genocide is illegal as is mass murder of civilians as per the new laws introduced by the Necrontyr Empire of the C’tan’s new policies. The populace, however does not support said legislation. There have been several attempts to enact genocide despite being against the will of the government in question. What if it is the people, rather than the government which enact genocide, while the government is against the practice?

ANNELI: Well I don’t know what this ‘see-tan’ you speak of is, but if the people are the one who wish to commit genocide then that is from how they were brought up and would only go away through a newer generation being taught differently than their parents and their ancestors, or through peer pressure everyone has been through at least once in their lifetime.

ULETH: Peer pressure is indeed a powerful thing, and if only there were peer pressure against such barbarism, but it seems that peer pressure works more in the favor of the barbarians at the moment, but for generations to be taught something new, takes generations which is often not enough time to face the problem in the here-and-now, if a genocide were imminent against Riemaian peoples, what would your response be in the immediate here-and-now of the situation?

ANNELI: Well I do say that I am a pacifist, but I also do believe in self-defense and that the populace should have the right to arm themselves in self defense and as a means to feed their families, and in that case I would be behind asking for help in fighting them back and hopefully crushing every attempt those who would wish genocide upon us, but I wouldn’t go beyond fighting them away, their losses alone would prove that their actions were unjust.... and just having to deal with icebergs is sort of harsh on anyone as well I suppose.

ULETH: This is the manner of which the Spireans understand pacifism to be, of course with an exception to the pacifists called Pijvari, who refuse any manner of violence whatsoever, but they are rare in our country as the problem of violent aggressors is not a rare one. So, our audience knows that you have children, and wish to know what kind of world you would want them to grow up in?

ANNELI: Children? Yes I have three actually, two of them are adopted actually... Ideally I would like them to grow up in a world where everyone would accept them for who they will become, even if its straight or gay, wanting to switch their gender, if they are into some of those strange fetishes, if they want to become the next prime minister or join the military, even if all they want to do is just scrub floors... As long as it makes them happy and those around them happy as well, thats the world I want them to grow up in.

ULETH: The dream of all parents in Spires is a place where their children are safe, loved, and accepted. We can see the dreams are the same, aren’t they? Yes, and your children have grown up a bit, so can you say that your kids would want the same manner of life that you have lived, or have your children had any dream that has conflicted with your desires for them?

ANNELI: Well to be honest, they are very young, barely out of the classification of being toddlers... so I can’t really say they have any dreams besides what all kids I know dream of; Astronauts, join the army, becoming a member of the parliament, owning some huge farm or having a mansion and lots of ponies... the non-sentient kind of course!

ULETH: Ah still at that adorable age... That is a wonderful time as a parent, I feel. The Audience also has posed an important question, which I will ask as a Spirean Citizen, and as a Beastling myself, but what is Riemaia’s official position on the treatment of our people, and is Riemaia interested in establishing long-standing peaceful relations with the Crystal Spires?

ANNELI: I do believe that I can say without any doubt that beastlings may be different from us, you are sentient and sapient and therefore share the same rights and privileges as any other human would, and that I myself would actually sponsor formal and long-lasting agreements between Riemaia and Crystal Spires, as long as they were fair for both sides. But I would like to ask you a question, do you think that Crystal Spires would like to have long-term agreements with Riemaia even knowing that my country's foreign policy is in favor of pacifism?

ULETH: Of course, Crystal Spires is far from a warmongering nation, and the public official policy of Crystal Spires’s foreign policy is actually specifically called ‘Harmony without Uniformity’ this means that Spires freely makes alliances and pacts with other nations with the main concern being peacekeeping, rather than any specific ideological goal. Crystal Spires remains uninterested in dialoguing to other nations, and shares the Riemaian desire for peace, as while conflict seeks us, we are a peace-loving people who do not thirst for conflict. As another question with relation to this topic, the Spires wishes to know what is the common Riemaian belief with relation to ideology as opposed to merely pacifism?

ANNELI: I don’t really understand the question, are you asking for political ideology or moral, or something I i’m not even thinking of?

ULETH: This is a good question, Miss Anneli, my question concerns the political beliefs with regard to foreign relations, as Crystal Spires also wonders if there is an ideologue as many nations exist that are ideologues.

ANNELI: Ah, well it’s my general observation that most of the political parties in Riemaia wish to focus their attention in making agreements with nations that have somewhat similar beliefs to them, which right now includes the fairly broad but important subjects of egalitarianism, social welfare, and generally more environmentally-friendly internal policies instead of disregarding nature for the sake of sheer progress in technology.

ULETH: This makes sense then that Riemaia would make a close attempt to seek Crystal Spires, what with the very restrictive Environmental regulations and the belief in Environmental and Social Justice. Do you know what Environmental Justice is, Miss Anneli, and do you have it in Riemaia?

ANNELI: No, I actually have never heard of that term until now actually, would be willing to explain it to me, we might have something like that but i’m unsure.

ULETH: Spireans commonly call things ‘Justice’ as we are a religious people who believe in an all encompassing system of Justice, and the belief in Environmental Justice is the belief that if one disrespects nature and commits acts of pollution, it is often a great act of injustice and uncaringness against one’s fellow creatures whether it is polluting the air that people in poorer neighborhoods are forced to breathe, or water that is poisoned that other beings are forced to drink, or land that other people are forced to live in which is tainted, the reason that others are able to do that is because they have power, and choose to exploit those who are weaker, or less powerful. The enforcing of environmental justice means not only confronting the pollution, but the causes which are power differences between people.

ANNELI: Oh, well then to answer your question, then yes. Riemaia actually has three major regulatory groups in that field, one for air pollution, one for water pollution, and one for ground pollution, all three of which answer directly to the Minister of the Environment and follow the policies set by the Prime Minister and any laws set by the Parliament, and local regulations that might apply. This also reminds me of an incident that happened in the mid seventies in a small town about eighty kilometers north of Carmina, where one of the first nuclear reactors had a catastrophic meltdown, which led into an evacuation of the town and everywhere else within twenty kilometers of it and an investigation of the company that was running the plant. To make the story short, the company was dumping radioactive waste in the nearby lake and making the water the town was using contaminated, which led to the highest jump in waste disposal regulations, mandatory security measures, and mandatory inspections for nearly all businesses in Riemaia.

ULETH: That sounds like a very big cautionary tale for any such situation. Tell me, Miss Anneli, what is your greatest fear as a Head of State for your country?

ANNELI: Well, there's actually many equally terrible fears I have, but... it’s not really something i’m comfortable talking about, I do hope you understand. Can we go to something else?

ULETH: Of course, I understand this, and will ask another question instead, which is, what is a memory of a funny situation in the past which if you think about it today, it will still make you laugh?

ANNELI: Ah, well listen to this! This was a few years ago mind you, but it was one of my cousins birthday parties, and she had it on a new yacht with lots of cake and other foods, but she had brought her tiny little doggie with her. Since she likes to have her dog run around unattended, she had jumped on the table and nearly ate an entire chocolate cake and fell on the ground and we all thought she had died, but then she let out a large burp and started running around like crazy!

ULETH: HAH HAH! I have a Yurhal myself, and I remember this one time he actually tried to eat the peanuts from a backyard peanut tree, and while this is known to Yurhal owners, Yurhal and peanuts do not go together well, and he ended up stuck on the ceiling for hours. Pets are awesome, and I suppose this leads into a specifically personal question, but our audience would like to know, is there a special person in your life, Miss Anneli? You do not have to answer, however...

ANNELI: Yes, pets are fun... I used to... well my distant cousin, she and I.... well let’s just say she wasn’t really into the relationship as I was, but I have met another person who I do fairly like and wouldn’t mind getting closer to, and this person I actually met on my first visit here! But I will keep their identities a secret for now.

ULETH: Ah, so you are in love with a Spirean person, I wish you luck in your love life, and we of Crystal Spires do wish you health, happiness, and freedom from all harm, and your blessed family as well. From our Global Family to yours, This is Uleth Tanthon of the Tribune, with Empress Asheila Ariette II of the Riemaians. And Now a word from our Sponsors!

Mist Textiles Expands into the Global Market

The Newest Trends in Designer Fabrics
Aya Shameimaru
Editor, and Writer

CALTRIS, Crystal Spires The Foreman of the Popular Textile importing and distribution company Mist Texiles has begun their move into the Global Market with new designer fabrics imported from all over the world, with some new additions such as fine furs and cashmeres from the Grand Arctic Empire, and the Frozen North of Imeriata, and beyond the farthest reaches into the Pony Lands with the softest silks from the Greater Pony Herd and synthetic fibers from popular name brands such as YellowApple Inc. The continued expansion has brought with it fortune to the local company known for their initiative and responsible practices such as ‘ahimsa’ silk, and banning of Kevonier fabric, and local promotion of youth programs. The newer line of fabrics to be imported includes such exotic and rare fabrics as Byssus silk and also Cashmere of the Hylians without neglecting common non-luxury fabrics such as cotton blends, and linen blends at an affordable and negotiable price. The fabrics are also weather resistant and profitable for use in military garments and for commercial use by active people.

When approaching the young and upcoming model Naraiya Velenya famous for her attendance in the Miss Universe pageant, Miss Velenya replied. “The Mohair fabric from Mist Textiles was some of the most comfortable fabrics I have ever worn, and I can vouch for the softness of their hemp fabrics as well, when one manages to make something as rough as hemp soft and comfortable, that takes a skilled hand.” She stated as she headed on the way to the next runway model in the beautiful city of Merlon. Miss Velenya is not the only Model who can vouch for the comfortable and flexibility of Mist Fabrics, Liyusara Anne was also questioned about the use of Mist Textiles, and when asked, she responded with, “It’s so hard to find great quality silks in Riemaia, and if it wasn’t for Mist Textiles, there would have been no way possible for me to win the 2012 Rue Rom Fashion Show and come out without a rash!” This of course is one among many satisfied customers who decided to purchase from the rising company. The company also has spread through the Regional Market into the International market getting other famous names to comment on their practices and products.

We now return to our regular program...

ULETH: And Welcome back everyone to our interview with the famous and renown Warm hearted Empress in the Land of Ice, Her Imperial Highness, and as she likes me to call her, Anneli. So your Imperial Highness, we have heard that you are interested in Adopting children, and with the latest crisis, you might have heard the laws in Spires may tighten with the loosened Adoption restrictions in Spires has caused a resurgence of scams which disguise themselves as adoption agencies to prey upon children and decent people who have donated to charitable causes for Spirean Orphans. Is this rumor about your interest in adopting a child true, and if so, would you adopt a Spirean baby or will you adopt domestically or from another foreign land?

ANNELI: Well Uleth, it’s not as simple as that, but yes I am quite interested in adopting a child or two more. The more the merrier, right? But since I have a choice, I would personally choose from Spires or another foreign country than my own, what with the Riemaian orphanage system designed to get kids in loving homes as fast as possible, although I do admit the longest wait on record from my knowledge has been maybe eight months... orphans just aren’t all that common where I’m from.

ULETH: This is wonderful, as there is an enormous number of Spirean children who are looking for a home, and doubtless there are plenty of lovely Riemaian couples and single parents who are looking to start a family. It’s of course a positive thing for us in such a dark time. I do have another question, if I may, what kind of things have you heard about the latest news from Turtleshroom and YellowApple about the adoption schemes which have had hundreds of Spirean Children kidnapped and sold to slaver rings?

ANNELI: Well, i can’t say I’ve heard mu- Wait what!? Thats just beyond evil, and I can’t even imagine why people would do something like that.... To be honest, thats something I would expect from the Alteans, not those mutant red eyed eight foot twiggy poophead turtleshroomers; But I cannot say I know much about this Yellow-Appleland, most of my interests fall within the local area and countries on the northernmost continent in the pygmy horse fields or whatever it is called.

ULETH: Indeed it is a heinous thing, but apparently the Holy Republic of Turtleshroom’s Policemen recovered the children from the slaver rings, and are returning them home to where they will be able to seek loving families. The criminals who have been apprehended there have been sentenced to death, and this reminds me of another question I have, I have heard that you are actually against the use of the Death Penalty, is this true? If so, or if not why do you feel this way is better than the other?

ANNELI: An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind. To be honest, aversion to the death penalty is something that has been commonplace in Riemaia for at least sixty years, and I am just merely one of the many in the country who shares the same thoughts that executing someone for committing a crime makes the government just as bad as the criminal. But what about you?

ULETH: It is true I have a strong feeling about the death penalty, as my uncle was killed by a noble before the revolution when I was just a pup. So as you might imagine, I did not see it as any different from murder. On the other hand Spires retains the death penalty on record, there are many who debate that there is no right reason to give someone the power to kill another sapient being. On the other hand, the feeling I had when Ex Chancellor Eames was executed was a bit of joy and release for having a little vengeance for all the people that died in the war. It made me feel a bit conflicted for a while, because revenge isn’t really the purpose of a justice system. It’s to deliver justice, but as a person I felt a lot better about it, personally. Then again the thought that the person who committed such a horrible evil act makes me feel uncomfortable knowing that he shares the world I lived in, so I don’t know, I could go both ways, really. I imagine this can be a hard topic for most Spireans, but personally I do think that murder is wrong, and execution can and does facilitate murder. Imagine for a moment should a person be innocent of the crime he or she is being executed for. Well then we’ve merely killed my uncle again, in that case. I imagine there are also divisive issues in Riemaia as well. What are some emotional issues that often divide the Riemaian public?

ANNELI: I’m sorry to hear about your uncle, that’s just terrible. The one issue that I do believe hits the majority of the population, mostly floating in the non Hylian population and the irreligious is the removal of all references to the Goddess from all legal documents, which as you may be able to guess, i’m on the side to keep them. To me, I think that removing all of the references would ruin the earliest history of the country itself, from the earliest records of the migration from Skyloft under the guidance of Hylia to the founding of a united Hylian country in Mystria, it would just make all of that meaningless in my opinion.

ULETH: I can understand how you feel, as Spireans are also generally opposed to massive secularization. On the other hand we understand why the Godless or the Non-Forntians would want to remove such things, we feel that we would be removing a part of what founded our nation’s principles and our heritage. So, is there a growing number of the Godless or the Irreligious, or those who share a different faith from the Riemaians?

ANNELI: Yes, there is. Most of those who do not worship Hylia tend to be those who are not Hylians, namely the Breheimian refugees, Tor immigrant workers, and the indigenous Lamaril that we share the land with. Beyond that, it’s merely a minority among the Hylians that are irreligious, but it’s not to be unexpected that some people wouldn’t wish to follow the same deity as everyone else, and don't get me started on those christians.....

ULETH: Ah, the Christians, I am kind of unfamiliar with them, but I have heard that they’re generally reviled by many in the Pony Lands and beyond, also among the Communist Party who also declare that there’s a fundamental flaw with Christianity as it promote some sort of slavery. Though I cannot say I am familiar enough with it, What is the hubbub with Christianity about?

ANNELI: I think they worship this guy that got nailed to a lowercase T who is the child of their own deity, who had some funny teachings and stuff like that... I’m not very familiar with it myself but if that is what they want to believe in, it’s not like Hylia or any other deities never had mortal children afterall!

ULETH: Aye, there’s been sons and daughters of Fornt too, so they say. Of course all I know is that after the strange claims that there is cannibalism in the rituals, it made many Spireans afraid of Christianity, but I don’t know how well founded these claims are. Nonetheless there are many religions out there, and one cannot know how safe they are, have you by chance heard of Chaos Cultists?

ANNELI: Chaos cultists... are those the people who ride loud motorbikes and wear leather jackets and carry hammers and sell cocaine?

ULETH: Hmm.. no, a bit more terrifying. They’re the type that wish to rip a hole into another dimension so that all may be killed by the chaos god of murder or something like that. It’s one of the few religions that are labeled a hate group and thus are closely watched by the Uncorruptibles, and at times can be labeled a terrorist organization. Is Chaos practice legal in Riemaia?

ANNELI: Well when you describe it like that, probably not.... but it’s not something I would know off the top of my head.

ULETH: It’s a relief to hear it’s so uncommon there, would you say Riemaia is a peaceful place?

ANNELI: Ignoring that at least a half dozen of the major mountain ranges in Riemaia happen to be slam packed with goblin hordes and meteor strikes happen to be a weekly occurance, I would have to say it is one of the more peaceful places in Mystria!

ULETH: I’ve heard about it, that the Riemaia is rich with Orichalcon due to the skystone strikes. Have also heard that the sky looks like a painting in the north, that there are lights which glow like a blowing wind. Have you ever seen the video on Mewtube which has a Riemaian driving and he sees an oncoming meteor and all he does is adjust the shade on his car?

ANNELI: Oh i've seen that one before! Kinda silly but then again in the northern half of the country, such things as I said happen at least once a week, which also led to windows in the north being made of lexan instead of glass, really thick windows though. As for the glowing wind blowing stuff, thats one of those things caused by radiation or something, not like cancer though, but it really is pretty!

ULETH: Some Spireans who have gone on vacations there in Riemaia have mentioned such things, and also you mentioned goblins as well, we of Crystal Spires have seen a few of the type, but what are they like?

ANNELI: Well, I don’t know much about them to be honest, but from what I get told by those in the military, they are the kind that like to stab everything that isn’t them and fling poo around like a bunch of mindless idiots for fun. But they are still really dangerous since they live in whats basically mineshafts and gigantic cave networks. Last time I saw, they had even made what was basically a musket.

ULETH: That does sound very terrifying, I imagine they are bandits and cutthroats. Has anyone you know ever encountered one of those horrible creatures?

ANNELI: My sister Elise ran one over with a tank when she was in the army, but thats about it really.

ULETH: And do you know of the strange meteor storms you mentioned, how often are they?

ANNELI: Umm yes... I did say weekly.... maybe you could use some hearing aids?

ULETH: Literally weekly? My word, I thought it was an exaggeration, like when I say my dog never shuts up at night time. But to be weekly must be very difficult for those that live there. How do they guard their homes, property, and vehicles from the damage?

ANNELI: Heh, well from what I saw when I passed through a small town that happened to be within the normal strike zone was that just about every home was built into a hill or dug underground with a few ramps for carports and walkways to the doors, which were made of solid steel from what I could see. I guess that would be very annoying, but the ones that were above ground were like in the shape of a pyramid and had lexan windows, something about how a pyramid is, they are really hard to crush due to how the weight on the structure is handled.

ULETH: Pyramids? What interesting structures. I will have to show the audience and the people at home a snapshot of what Her Imperial Majesty means. See here?

*The green screen shows the average Riemaian neighborhood photographed by young Riemaians which were put on the internet.*

ULETH: I also wonder, when you return to your home, what are some things you can say you’ve taken away from your visit to Crystal Spires?

ANNELI: Hmm... Syphilis.

ULETH: OH BOY.... Truly? Ouch...

ANNELI: NO SILLY! Not really.... If I did have such a disease, I would have already gotten it taken care of... Honestly the main thing I can say I will be taking home with me is a fondness for the teas grown here, theres no place in Riemaia that can come close to being able to actually grow the stuff, generally too cold all-round. Do you have a favorite type of tea? I’m quite fond of the red tea...

ULETH: I am a fan of blue tea, actually. Have you ever tried it?

ANNELI: I can’t really remember, i've been trying all of the kinds that I could get my hands on, even that nasty Imeriatan swill they call tea.

ULETH: I would happily offer you some blue tea, and I hope that it suits your taste like it does mine. So Miss Anneli, I wish to know from the curiosity of our viewers, if you are familiar with the arts of magic. There are those who believe that Hylians have the skill of magic innately, but they have only limited uses they explore. Tell me of your people’s approach to magic, and what they believe about it.

ANNELI: Well yes, i’m familiar with magic... in fact I am attending your countries Grand Collegium part time along with my own countries Academy of Thaumaturgy. I can’t honestly vouch for every Hylian in our beliefs on magic, but from the teachings our magic comes from our descent from the Goddess Hylia herself, which is even much more true for me seeing as I can trace my family line directly to her first mortal form, pre-ethereal shift of course.

ULETH: Amazing, tell me more about this Goddess Hylia. We know less about her, but our beliefs are that she is the High Goddess of Time. The lady of pages.

ANNELI: Well, theres too much to say and yet so little time.... Where to begin then? Well for starters, us Hylians are named after her, but I am sure you knew that much already. In our earliest history, she had two symbols associated with her, a lyre and a sword, both of which are sadly not in our possession, but are still integral to our culture. The sword was handed down from hero to hero, the harp from maiden to maiden, although over time the harp faded away from written records, but in all of our depictions of her, we keep with early tradition and have her with a sword and harp and her holiest of animals, the Loftwing. Am I losing you or do you want me to continue?

ULETH: It’s really fascinating, tell me more. What does a Loftwing look like, and what is a Lyre?

ANNELI: Oh well why don’t I just find a picture on my phone here.... Aha! Heres mine, big blue wings with green tips, gigantic beak, you can even fly on them! As for a Lyre, it’s like a harp but just a little different, and in fact most people call the Lyre Hylia carries a harp, common misconception you see.

ULETH: Incredible... it looks like a kind of stork we have in Fallhelm. It’s really neat. And is it really that big?

ANNELI: Well yes! How else would you fly on them? I’m sure they are quite the sight for tourists to see, but they only pick Hylians to fly with... but riding along is possible if you don’t weigh too much.

ULETH: Well, as a wolfling I tend to prefer to fly on ships... so I can keep my feet on the ground. But it must be a rush! Do they fly far enough to reach here in D’hɑlbrisir?

ANNELI: It’s quite a long distance to fly.... even by conventional aircrafts standards, but it might be possible with years of training and enough diligence... but even then that would really be pushing it. Are you suggesting you would like to try something like that?

ULETH: I am asking of their actual power on wing. It’s an incredibly cool thought, if it can even be done. However, I confess that I am unsure if the poor bird should be pushed so hard, which brings me to another question. How do you train them?

ANNELI: Thats easier said than done really, while you are training them, they are just as well training you. They are very intelligent creatures, I would have to say equally as intelligent as you or I to be quite honest. So to answer your question, it’s like a relationship that builds naturally, theres no formal training one could do.

ULETH: So it’s a special kind of beast mastery that your race is naturally talented at? Amazing. I’ve heard that Hylians are particularly skilled at taking care of animals. I’ve heard of their amazing talent at taming even the most terrifying of beasts, and that they can call horses by blowing on a piece of grass, that they can call eagles and that they can tame enormous flying birds. It’s incredible. Would you say it is because your people are closer to nature than most?

ANNELI: Personally I wouldn't wish to be near a horse... break out in hives if I touch their hair... But I do think we are marginally closer to nature than most are, I can’t say we’re as close as nature as the treefolk, but definitely closer than humans!

ULETH: Wonderful, so would you say that your people also believe more about environmental conservation than most?

ANNELI: Well if you have ever seen the environmental protection laws and regulations, you wouldn’t need to ask me that... but yes, I wholeheartedly believe that we are!

ULETH: We’ve in fact heard that the Riemaians have invented a sort of “Green House” that is able to sustain itself purely on environmentally friendly substitutes for the fossil fuels commonly used in homes. Are these more than mere rumor?

ANNELI: Well I suppose you are talking about the houses with solar panels on the roof, along with batteries that can last a few days without needing to be charged. Honestly most of the country just uses nuclear energy for the baseline and a mix of geothermal and hydroelectric for peak power.

ULETH: So it is more than rumor! There are actually incredibly eco-friendly homes in Riemaia. Impressive. So it is true what they say about Riemaians, then. Closer to nature and friends of nature. They are friendly with animals and also believe in keeping the planet safe.

ANNELI: Heh, well yes... I do suppose it is true.... Although most of the older buildings have copper shingles than solar panels, but I do think theres no time like the present to get that changed. However we don’t endorse the use of fluorescent lighting just from the quality alone. Yes they do use less electricity, but incandescent lighting doesn't seem to just strip the color and life out of everything it hits, you know what I mean?

ULETH: Indeed, it’s often something that is mandated for most public buildings so that Treefolk are not disproportionately hit by Worker’s Malaise, a sickness from being out of the sunlight too long. Which brings me to my next question. What is Riemaia’s stance toward the other Mystrians in the region?

ANNELI: It’s complicated. Most members of parliament propose a policy where we try to be friendly to all of the other nations, others say pick favorites. Personally I don’t see my country being able to tolerate a handful of the countries in the region, Altea with their track record of sapient rights violations, Ealdurim and their extreme secretiveness, just to name a few.

ULETH: Ah, but what about nations like Cantalvia, Carceno, and High Treefolk?

ANNELI: They are the ones that are generally more pleasant to deal with, save for the High Treefolk being a member of a gigantic alliance with unsavory nations like the Allanean pigdogs.

ULETH: Ah, Allanea, a nation of human barbarians. Yes, we know of them. What are some things that make Riemaians despise nations like Allanea?

ANNELI: It should be fairly obvious.

ULETH: Sadly, it isn’t. We’re used to humans being barbarians, which makes Allaneans, Barbarians working for good causes, look rather nice to those who see most if not all humans as barbarians.

ANNELI: Some say the ends justify the means, but Allaneans are murderers committing massive amounts of crimes against sapients to free those enslaved. Yes it is nice to free those in such situations but they are not the kind of people I would ever wish to be associated with due to their warmongering ways.

ULETH: Well... of course it’s warmongering ways... they’re humans. Do your people dislike association with human nations?

ANNELI: Yes, a million times yes! Not saying all human nations must be avoided nor all humans should be avoided... my girlfriend is a human afterall... but it’s the common belief that human nations should be avoided unless they have proven themselves to not be willing to go overboard on a regular basis.

ULETH: This is a fair belief system, and understandable. Now before we give our farewell to our loyal viewers, are there any questions you have for me, or for the viewers of the Spirean Tribune?

ANNELI: A handful I do suppose! Is Majkalur a good place to go on vacation? And is there anywhere in the country one could find lapis jewelry, I find lapis to be very beautiful!

ULETH: Yes, and yes. Majkalur is a proper Honeymoon location, as it is right on the shores of Azohuorah, and has with it the most beautiful fishing and tourist locations. There’s also places where they give Airship flying lessons, and skyfishing lessons. It’s also the center of Liftboarding, and liftskiing. Perfect for beginners. As for Lapis Lazuli, you could find Lapis jewelry in any of the tourist locations, and much of it originates from the beautiful Majstaad, known for their majestic karsts and the flowing river rafting on the Narai. It’s always quite an adventure to go there as well.

ANNELI: Wonderful! And what is liftboarding?

ULETH: The same kind of material we use for airships we use for a liftboard. A Liftboard is like an enormous surfboard. The difference is that the Liftboard surfs on Transparent Light Particles, the material known as mist, and aether. Which means it is akin to sky surfing.

ANNELI: Ooooh.... and what is surfing?

ULETH: You take a board, and ride the movements of the waves on the sea, and in this same way, you ride the motions of mist in the sky.

ANNELI: Ooooh... sounds dangerous! I like snowboarding, water is way too cold in Riemaia for what you describe, as i’m sure you know.

ULETH: Well, probably not, I’m a white wolfling. Used to chase fish in icy waters. Did a bunch of Salmon fishing on the Glacier melts beyond the root of the Narai.

ANNELI: Last question I have, what is the best brand of wine made here?

ULETH: I would be a liar if I were to say our wines were better than our rum, but we do have wonderfully fine wines here, made from the grapes common here like the white malaga, black grapes, black opal and loose pelite. So we have all sorts, one known as Cabernet sauvignon is particularly lovely.

ANNELI: Oh? Well i’m in the market for a few of some very high quality wines, not a fan of rum to be honest, but this is for special occasions only as one might suspect.

ULETH: Then you will find yourself in very good company if you were to go to the Majstaad. There are some fantastic vineyards there, and it’s also a good tourist location. Vierenspire is famous for wine tasting and weddings in their beautiful vineyards on location.

ANNELI: That’s wonderful news! Thank you.

ULETH: And this was today’s Spirean Tribune with the lovely Empress Asheila Ariette II of Riemaia, we hope to see you next time in our newest Interview with pop star sensation Aedrus Ralthin! From our hearts to yours, this was Uleth Tanthon, and I wish you good day, and Good Night!
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:48 am

Daily Sunrise News
The only news source for the Veiled Isle

Today's News

Politics:

Today, Queen Andrea has announced the Justicariat's most recent decisions regarding the Veiled Isle Defense Force. First off, it is to be modernized. The Conservatives in the Justicariat lost the vote on this matter, their holding to traditional values of courage and honor snuffed out by military necessity. The VIDF will obtain a number of armoured wagons whether these designs are to be designed by Islanders or nasty foreign designs will be used is unknown. Additionally, the Queen has expressed an interest in procuring a invention made by Dr. Santiago that was invented some twenty years ago. The Annexation, and downsizing of the VIDF more recently put this interest to bed. However, with the constant threat of Unbidden Invasion becoming ever more a reality the Sky Dreadnought project is coming back online. The shipyard that built them taken offline for twenty years still has the hulls of the ships in question, and with luck the first of the Sky Dreadnoughts is to come into service in two weeks.

In other political news... It appears that Archduke Alejandro Bulgato is stepping down from his position as Mayor of Tylis. This announcement came as a shock to the Justicariat. His position is now available to all of those in Tylis Province. Special Elections for the position of Mayor of the Majestic City of Tylis will take place in four weeks in Tylis. The current leading candidate is Duchess Gabriella Espadas, but Duke Inigo Constantius is a close runner up. Thus far the Unions have not submitted their own candidate.

Religion:

In religious news, the Great Ecclesiarch of the Knights of Serion has declared an end to charge of heresy for unauthorized magic use. While it still remains a state crime, and therefore should not be performed under any circumstances, it will no longer result in Inquisitorial Actions. The Great Ecclesiarch did not cite his reasons for calling the Inquisition off of the hunt for unauthorized magic users. It is however believed that this is due to the Inquisitions more direct threat coming from foul Unbidden Infiltrators.

In further religious news, the Council of Nenyites is officially looking for a new candidate to sacrifice for the continuance of the barrier that keeps all of us safe from the Unbidden Hordes of the cruel evil and terrible Vampire Leader Mala'keth. This candidate must be a Changeling of a pure heart and a most altruistic frame of mind. At this time, the Council of Nenyites is accepting volunteers, but should it find all comers in the next 72 hours lacking, than it has announced its intentions to hunt for one worthy of sacrifice.

Entertainment:
The current list of persons to be burned at the stake on the burning day and their crimes is as follows:

Teodato Moscati- Possession of Unbidden Materials
Sylvio Rodriguez- Worship of Zaiden
Omero Trillo- Assaulting an Inquisitor & Harboring an Unbidden
Maria Trillo- Possession by Unbidden
Augusto Tequilan- Possession by Unbidden
Fulvio Croce- Rape
Olivero Zeri- Being a Vampiric Unbidden
Marco Liatti- Rape
Angela Fiesole- Worship of Zaiden
Viola Boccherini- Possession by Unbidden, Harboring Unbidden
Ottavia Respighi- Possession of Ubidden Materials, Worship of Zaiden
Angelica Gerosa- Assaulting an Inquisitor & Harboring the Unbidden
Hugo Merino- Assaulting an Inquisitor
Alejandro Carmona- Rape
Joel Cardenas- Possession of Unbidden Materials & Worship of Zaiden
Joel Monte- Rape
Adrián Magallanes- Assisting the Unbidden
Daniel Garcilaso- Possession of Unibdden Materials
Marta Bustos- Assaulting an Inquisitor, Assisting the Unbidden, Possession by the Unbidden

In other Entertainment News, Folk singer Carla Huertas Cervantes has decided to go on a tour to the mainland of the United Socialist States. This announcment has come today as happy news. For the spreading of our superior culture to the Mother Country is a huge boon from the perspective of the Daily Sunrise News. We tried to ask Carla for comment but there was no reply. The Daily Sunrise News congratulates the singer and wishes her luck on her cultural ambassadorial mission.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun May 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Official Message from the Greater Prussian Empire

We in the Greater Prussian Empire are highly interested in expanding our national security, and the security of the region. As such, we hereby file an official request with the leadership of the Greater Pony Herd to deploy a limited strike aviation contingent within the Dominion of Terradin, north of Crystal Spires. This force will contain the following units:

The 45th Imperial Long-Range Aviation Division:

108th Refueling Regiment [x10 refueling aircraft]
45th Long-Range Aviation Regiment [x24 B-22 bombers]
49th Long-Range Aviation Regiment [x25 B-22 bombers]
6th Communications Battalion
450th Logistics Battalion

The 50th Imperial Assault Aviation Division

600th Crows Assault Regiment [x25 SU-25AL strike aircraft]
513th Rooks Assault Regiment [x25 SU-25AL strike aircraft]
100th Whirlwind Assault Regiment [x25 SU-25 AL strike aircraft]
10th Commnications Battalion
450th Logistics Battalion

This force should not cause alarm in any neghboring nations, as it comprises solely of 143 aircraft, and is not armed with atomic weapons. Representatives of any country directly neighboring the Dominion of Terradin are fully welcome to inspect the facility that we will set up jointly with GPH authorities, to verify the absence of said atomic weapons.

Finally we will be interested in offering the ponies, dwarves and beastlings of the Dominion of Terradin an opportunity of serving in any branches of the Imperial Military, including but not limited to, the Greater Prussian Army, the Imperial Gendarmerie, and the CAPINTERN rapid reaction force.

Watch this space for more news from the Greater Prussian Empire!
Last edited by Allanea on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Mon May 20, 2013 3:40 am

High Council Approves of Multiracial Task Force to Reduce Terrorist Threats
Counter-Terrorism Unit Act Approved by Incumbent Maven Auryn

CALTRIS, Crystal Spires: While a civil war might be looming and may possibly be instigated by ex-New Freedomstani radicals, Beastling supremacists, Anti-Republican terrorists, or Altean collaborateurs, the Spirean High Council under the Direction of Harmonist Candidate Maven Auryn has currently forwarded a law in the High Council to encourage more multiracial recruiting in the Order of Idealists, and also to allow more power for Spireans to commit to sabotaging organized crime and domestic terrorism. With a stable, well-funded, well-trained and loyal police force with no ties to potential terrorist organizations, the Uncorruptibles are perceived to strike from overwork any day now. While High Council Representative of Ohm, Sanis Malunas has pushed forward a legislation to ease the burden on Uncorruptibles, the Current Spirean government has given their indication that this would be supported by the Incumbent.

"I am encouraged by Sanis Malunas's temerity to pass this bill, as an Uncorruptible myself, I support this bill thoroughly. I would desire to see the burden lifted off my Shield Brothers, and will happily co-sponsor this bill with the Justice Party, to whom I offer my deepest respects, and gratitude for their honor of the Uncorruptible and their struggles. With this in mind, the struggle for the Spires is not over, and the concerning lack of security is beginning to worry me, which is why I have rushed the Counter Terrorism Act as I did. There is nothing to say that Spires does not put their citizens first."-Incumbent Maven Auryn said at his speech on the steps of the Fortress of Elyion in Mephiste.

There will be considerable tightening of security as the Spirean High Council has pushed the threat warning level from Elevated to High, due to received intelligence of a possible higher chance of attack in the weakened sectors of Valur, Lukan, and also Luminas. We urge our readers to report suspicious activity, and to report any and all suspicious baggage and behavior in the area. Remember Comrades, we are all responsible for one another in brotherhood, let us not forget what makes us proud D'rɑgo, and let us band together in the force of kin and eliminate threats to our nation. The more we work together, the greater our chances of recovery become. When there is credible information about a threat, an alert will be shared with the public. It may include specific information, if available, about the nature of the threat, including the geographic region, mode of transportation, or critical infrastructure potentially affected by the threat, as well as steps that individuals and communities can take to protect themselves and help prevent, mitigate or respond to the threat. The advisory will clearly indicate whether the threat is Elevated, if we have no specific information about the timing or location, or Imminent, if we believe the threat is impending or very soon. Citizens should report suspicious activity to their local law enforcement authorities. The Beastling States encourages all citizens to be vigilant for indicators of potential terrorist activity, and to follows alerts for information about threats in specific places or for individuals exhibiting certain types of suspicious activity. When reporting suspicious activity, it is helpful to give the most accurate description possible, including:

• Brief description of the activity
    • Date, time and location of the activity
    • Physical identifiers of anyone you observed
    • Descriptions of vehicles
    • Information about where people involved in suspicious activities may have gone
    • Your name and contact information (optional, you may submit anonymous reports)

This information is crucial for any and all suspicious activity. The new training strategies are a special approach designed to increase the effectiveness of state, local, and tribal law enforcement and public safety professionals and other frontline partners in identifying, reporting, evaluating, and sharing pre-incident terrorism indicators to prevent acts of terrorism. To increase the effectiveness of this multifaceted approach, the Counter-Terrorism Bureau has developed training programs for officers and hometown security partners regarding documented and verified behaviors and indicators that, when viewed in the totality of circumstances, may indicate terrorism-related criminal activity. Both the suspicious activity reporting Line Officer Training and each sector-specific suspicious activity reporting Hometown Security Partners Training programs discuss how to report identified suspicious activity to the proper authorities while maintaining the protection of citizens' privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties. Private Security agents are recommended to take these courses, but full proliferation of the training is still considered to be controlled and restricted to Council Affiliated Security agents. Customs and Border Protection, the Department of Domestic Security , the Emergency Management Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and the Red Hand are prepared to handle any and all threats to military bases, Important transportation and communication centers, Manufacturing, industrial, technology, and financial centers, Petroleum refineries, electrical power plants, and chemical plants, Major ports and airfields, biological and chemical labs, and financial, political, social, and religious institutions with high concentrations of potential victims.

If there is an explosion, you should:
    • Get under a sturdy table or desk if things are falling around you. When they
    stop falling, leave quickly, watching for obviously weakened fl oors and stairways. As you exit from the building, be especially watchful of falling debris.
    • Leave the building as quickly as possible. Do not stop to retrieve personal possessions or make phone calls.
    • Do not use elevators.

Once you are out:
    • Do not stand in front of windows, glass doors, or other potentially hazardous areas.
    • Move away from sidewalks or streets to be used by emergency officials or others still exiting the building.

If you are trapped in debris:
    • If possible, use a flashlight to signal your location to rescuers.
    • Avoid unnecessary movement so you don’t kick up dust.
    • Cover your nose and mouth with anything you have on hand. (Dense-weave cotton material can act as a good filter. Try to breathe through the material.)
    • Tap on a pipe or wall so rescuers can hear where you are.
    • If possible, use a whistle to signal rescuers.
    • Shout only as a last resort. Shouting can cause a person to inhale dangerous amounts of dust.

In case of biological contaminants which may be delivered one of many ways either by Aerosols biological agents dispersed into the air, forming a fine mist that may drift for miles. Inhaling the agent may cause disease in people or animals. It may also be dispersed by Animals some diseases are spread by insects and animals, such as fleas, mice, flies, mosquitoes, and livestock. Food and water contamination some pathogenic organisms and toxins may persist in food and water supplies. Most microbes can be killed, and toxins deactivated, by cooking food and boiling water. Most microbes are killed by boiling water for one minute, but some require longer. Follow official instructions, others are person-to-person transmission and spread of a few infectious agents is also possible.

If you become aware of an unusual and suspicious substance nearby:
    • Move away quickly.
    • Wash with soap and water.
    • Contact authorities.
    • Listen to the media for offi cial instructions.
    • Seek medical attention if you become sick.
If you are exposed to a biological agent:
    • Remove and bag your clothes and personal items. Follow offi cial instructions
    for disposal of contaminated items.
    • Wash yourself with soap and water and put on clean clothes.
    • Seek medical assistance. You may be advised to stay away from others or even quarantined.

There is then the potential for Chemical attacks.

The following are guidelines for what you should do in a chemical attack.
If you are instructed to remain in your home or office building, you should:
    • Close doors and windows and turn off all ventilation, including furnaces, air
    conditioners, vents, and fans.
    • Seek shelter in an internal room and take your disaster supplies kit.
    • Seal the room with duct tape and plastic sheeting.
    • Listen to your radio for instructions from authorities.

Decontamination is needed within minutes of exposure to minimize health consequences. Do not leave the safety of a shelter to go outdoors to help others until
authorities announce it is safe to do so. A person affected by a chemical agent requires immediate medical attention from a professional. If medical help is not immediately available, decontaminate yourself and assist in decontaminating others.

Decontamination guidelines are as follows:
    • Use extreme caution when helping others who have been exposed to chemical agents.
    • Remove all clothing and other items in contact with the body. Contaminated clothing normally removed over the head should be cut off to avoid contact with the eyes, nose, and mouth. Put contaminated clothing and items into a plastic bag and seal it. Decontaminate hands using soap and water. Remove eyeglasses or contact lenses. Put glasses in a pan of household bleach to decontaminate them, and then rinse and dry.
    • Flush eyes with water.
    • Gently wash face and hair with soap and water before thoroughly rinsing with water.
    • Decontaminate other body areas likely to have been contaminated. Blot (do not swab or scrape) with a cloth soaked in soapy water and rinse with clear water.
    • Change into uncontaminated clothes. Clothing stored in drawers or closets is likely to be uncontaminated.
    • Proceed to a medical facility for screening and professional treatment at the first opportunity.

In Case of Nuclear Attacks, remember the following are guidelines for what to do in the event of a nuclear explosion.

If an attack warning is issued:
    • Take cover as quickly as you can, below ground if possible, and stay there until instructed to do otherwise.
    • Listen for official information and follow instructions.

If you are caught outside and unable to get inside immediately:
    • Do not look at the flash or fireball—it can blind you.
    • Take cover behind anything that might offer protection.
    • Lie flat on the ground and cover your head. If the explosion is some distance away, it could take 30 seconds or more for the blast wave to hit.
    • Take shelter as soon as you can, even if you are many miles from ground zero where the attack occurred—radioactive fallout can be carried by the winds for hundreds of miles. Remember the three protective factors: Distance, shielding, and timing

While we have no expectation that terrorists will be successful in any degree it is always important to be safe and to know your potential safety measures.

Kayle Bokuchoi
Author and Member of the Council of Associated Spirean Press
1 2 3 4 5

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Daily Sunrise News

SPECIAL REPORT

Citizens rejoice! Today the sacrifice has been selected! This changeling, Erika Igdelum was just deemed worthy of sacrifice on this day. She will be transported to the city of Heavenfall on the morrow for the feast of honor. As every loyal citizen of the Isle knows, the Feast of Honor is the second most important day on the calendar. A tribute feast to the honor of the chosen, and a tribute to the honor of being the chosen. After her feast, she will endure the trials of fitness, which will ensure that she will be in the best spiritual shape possible before the sacrifice. When that is done, she will be given the best possible life before her sacrifice. As is customary, The Chosen will be sacrificed to maintain the barrier spell that keeps the Dark Ones and Villainous Unbidden out on the Autumnal Equinox, the day before the dead rise. Thank Serion for his guidance in selecting the Chosen! Thank Nenya for creating the self-sacrificing Changelings! Every loyal citizen must breathe this thanks while in evening prayer.
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Riemaia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Riemaia » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:05 pm

The Gadelican Gazette
Rated the Worst Newspaper in Riemaia!

59th Day of the Golden Goddess, 1645
The Spread of the Nuclear Terror!
Riemaian Government claims it will be dealt with accordingly
by Amaran Loyus

CARMINA GADELICA, Riemaia: Quite recently, it has came to the regions attention by an unnamed newspaper within the region fo Mystria that the nation of Carceno, which is located near the center of the central Myst contenent, has begon its first steps towards the production of nuclear weapons, obviously in an attempt to terrorise and destabilize the area it resides in on its continent. Although all information on the matter is generally scarce, it has been taken unger good authority that the acts that set the motion in place were voted on and barely accepted by a group of individuals claiming to be the Parliament of Carceno, which have yet to be recognized as either being legitimate or illegitimate in their lands by the governments of the Grand Hylian Empire and other Hylian states within Mystria.

In an effort to find even a sliver of reasoning of why a small country such as Carceno that in a cursory examination has little to no reasoning for the need to even have nuclear weapons, regardless of their claims to need them to defend themselves against mega-beasts from the scarfell valley, we were able to get an interview with Kerman Pothlen, who has a Doctorates in Nuclear Physics from the Imperial Hylian Institute of Nuclear Sciences and a Doctorates in Geopolitical Sciences from the Carmina Institute of Science.

Although the Carceno-whatsits think that the proliferation of nuclear weapons will help them in the defense of their ganonwaste of lands, my colleagues and I have been studying the geopolitical implications of having nuclear weapons since the forefront of their creation many decades ago. From what we have been able to tell so far, it is quite likely that like in many other nations, the need for nuclear weapons rise from quite genuine concerns, but quickly brood into frankly baseless wants and desires to be able to wipe their neighbors from off of the world. Take for example the countries of Crystal Spires and Cantalvia, two neighboring countries of Carceno; One of them we know for a fact has nuclear weapons, and also claim the need of them for self defense from the hunams that feed on the weak, such an example of the need for such weapons is the Spirean-Nefreedian war of the very recent past, where nuclear weapons were used on Spirean soil, and also led to the nuclear civil war on the majority of the Nefreedian homelands.

Carceno, by its own actions, can dramatically increase the regions tensions to a breaking point, which the simulations have shown can and more than likely will lead to some sort of military intervention in the near future, the size of the intervention on the other hand depends on the quality of diplomacy that ensues within the next coming weeks.

Next Parliamentary Session Topics Released
The 163rd Session under Our Grand Hylian Majesty planned for the 1st of Twilight

CARMINA GADELICA, Riemaia: In the most recent press release sent out be the Secretary of Parliamentary Affairs, we have finally been able to confirm the list of topics and bills that will be discussed and voted on in the 1st to 5th days of Twilight session. The main topics on the agenda that have been on television since the early days of the month of Skysong includes the proposed Bill on Racial Benefits, which defines the age that non-Hylians should be before they can recieve benefits, namely the age of 61 for Hunams and Beastlings, instead of being regulated under the Hylian age of 225. Secondly up for vote is a bill that if accepted, will lower the minimum age to be tried as an adult in Riemaian courts along with the minimum age to purchase alcohol legally from 24 to 17, which under a recent poll done by the Carmina Reader has been deemed to be fairly unpopular.

Other bills and topics that will be voted on and discussed are as followed (in order of discussion):

Proposal #524-B: National Police Hiring Standards Amendmant
    Proposal #561-A: Repealing of the Comprehensive Espionage Penal Act of 1588
    Proposal #415-G: Investigation of Corporate Espionage
    Proposal #585-A: Nuclear Regulatory Standards Amendment
    Proposal #563-B: Investigation of Magical Corruption in Rue Rom
    Budgetary Proposal Review for the Fiscal Year of 1646
    Review of the Findings of the Investigation of Imperial Corruption
    Proposal #601-A: Increase in Earmarked International Monetary and Military Assistance
    Proposal #594-H: Repealing of the Imperial Death Penalty Ban
Last edited by Riemaia on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Daily Sunrise News

SPECIAL REPORT

Today is a grim day for all loyal citizens of the Veiled Isle. Erika Igdelum, our yearly savior, has died. She was found inside her compound, with a hole in her chest, and most of her internal organs sucked out, as well as desiccated. Her body was only identifiable because of our genetic match. Beside her corpses was a letter written by the "Heralds of Zaiden", declaring the fall of all of the Veiled Isle, and the destruction of its citizens by the "Children of Zaiden". Without the sacrifice, the ward protecting the rightful people of the Veiled Isle from the Unbidden will be removed and the hordes of Unbidden scum will wash over this land. We must prepare! We must ready ourselves for the oncoming storm! We must pray for the Just Hand of the gods.
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:14 pm

[quote="Post War America";p="16216956"]
Daily Sunrise News

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE JUSTICARIAT

This is an important edict, passed by the Justicariat as of this morning on the 10th day of the Month of Dust. All travel to and from the Autonomous District of the Veiled Isle shall hereby cease. This is a safety measure meant to ensure that no Unbidden infiltrators, nor innocent bystanders enter the country, nor leave with the intent of bringing harm to the Isle's citizens. All violators of this law will be severely punished. It is also decreed that The Veiled Isle Chapter of the Holy Order or The Knights of Serion have full policing power and power to execute suspicious individuals without trial. We wish to stamp out any possible Unbidden spies before the report on our brave soldiers. Anybody caught outside their homes after dark, bear the mark of possession, or acting in a way that the Police or the Knights of Serion deem suspicious will likewise be executed without trial. The Justicariat, with the Crown's permission has also instituted a state o Martial Law, any attempt to hinder the Military, Police, or Church will be executed without trial.
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Official Message from the United States of Allanea

Upon recent discoveries of continued refusal of Necrontyr authorities to accept both Allanean currency and, more importantly, Allanean gold, for payment of taxes, and their declaration of these as fake, the Congress of the United States has passed, and the President is expected to sign, the 2013 Counterfeiting Act. This amends previous counterfeiting laws by declaring the C'tan Credit to be a form of counterfeit money for all legal purposes. It shall henceforth not be accepted for payment of tax and any official fees, and for all other legal reasons be treated as counterfeit money.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Menelmacar
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 18, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Menelmacar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Written at Vinyatírion the Eternal, Menelmacar, this 17th day of Hrívë in the 105th year of the 222nd long-year of Menelmacar, by the hand of Lady Serindë nos Eärendil, Prefect of Trade, Eternal Noldorin Empire of Menelmacar, to All Concerned, greetings;

It is with considerable dismay that we learn of the brash and, frankly, illogical actions taken by the United States of Allanea with regards to the C'tani credit, in response to well-publicized policies that have been in place for, indeed, longer than the Allanean alliance with the Great Civilization itself.

The Menelmacari Prefecture of Trade hereby reaffirms with all wholeheartedness our continued confidence and partnership with the Great Civilization of the C'tan, and in the C'tani currency, which has historically traded in similar ranges and values as our own, in which the Allanean government continues to denominate its own accounting. Furthermore we are entirely confident in the C'tani economy, which, also like our own, is vast, diverse, and vibrant beyond mortal comprehension.

We deplore and protest the Allanean action invalidating the use of C'tani credits in the Allanean economy, and in so doing, effectively zeroing out the livelihoods of millions of innocent people in both nations who derive incomes from trade. It is these people, not the C'tani government -- which can easily take care of itself, thank you -- that this act will harm, and we urge the United States of Allanea to reconsider. Of course, there are millions of Menelmacari entrepreneurs willing to take up the Allanean slack in trade with our C'tani friends and allies -- and likely many millions of Allaneans with the sense to engage in civil disobedience of this unjust law, especially for the considerable benefits available in doing so.

In this matter, the Menelmacari Prefecture of Trade, and indeed the Eternal Noldorin Empire of Menelmacar, stands shoulder to shoulder with our C'tani counterparts in the Great Civilization, and it is our hope that this petty dispute may pass swiftly, with full resolution.

May no Shadow fall upon your lands,
Lady Serindë nos Eärendil
Menelmacari Prefect of Trade

Classification: WIDE RELEASE
Encryption: NONE
"The elves will do what is right, not what is on paper." ~Sunset
"We can't go around supporting The Good Of All Things. People might mistake us for Menelmacar." ~Education Minister Lobon of Kn-Yan
"Do you realize you're trying to sell resources to Menelmafuckingcar? Their resource base is larger than Melkor's ego." ~Advisor Julius Razak, Foot-to-Ass Section, Scolopendra
"I started on NS at a time when elf genocides were daily occurrences from week old nations wanting to get ortilleried by Menelmacar." ~Resurgent Dream
"Nothing here but rich-ass elves. Just...running the world. And shopping." ~Officer Daryl Ward, LAPD

The Ctan
Minister

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:48 am

Some may wonder why it is that the Economic Fraud Limitation Act of b128e – a law that dates back to the time when Alexander Kazansky was by modern standards, a slaver, that is to say, when he actively defended slaver nations such as Chronosia and Skeelzania – is applied to certain Allanean products and services, and in what way this is different from Allanea’s centuries-late reprisal.

In a fabricator-integrated economy, unattributed gold and other precious metals (and indeed, items such as handcrafted furniture and even things as mundane as nails and beer) has almost no value unless it can be proved not to have been fabricated. I have on my desk a button I can push and say ‘gold brick’ and it will produce a gold brick. Passing such items as ‘authentic’ is a serious crime, and carries penalties roughly equivalent to fraud or forgery. One might say that Allanean gold, mined conventionally, should be considered separately and it is. However, Allanean gold, because of attribution, is a separate commodity from C’tani Gold, or Menelmacari Gold, or Iesian Gold for that matter. Allanean gold is so abundant that it could be used to pave the streets of Kaurav city an inch deep and there would be enough spare to plate a few Great Ships. It is so abundant that Allanea’s leaders do not know how much there is, and can only provide lower limits to that number. Allanean gold, acquired through fraud and pillage, is without value. This is not a government policy per se – only misrepresenting it as say, Freestian Gold is criminal – but a fact derived from the fact that our merchants have access to accurate data on the abundance of Allanean gold, they find it difficult to shift Allanean gold, while they find endless buyers for rarer vintages.

Why, you might say, is Allanean gold mined out of Allanean colonies in traditional methods not considered separately? This morning I called Martin Charlton, of the Trades’ Council for precious metals, to put this question to him. The answer was much as I expected: “The history of Allanea as a state actor committing mass fraud, to the extent of defrauding cultures of their homeworlds, and lionizing smugglers as popular heroes, means that we cannot have any confidence that any authentication system used by Allanea will not be subject to endemic corruption and abuse, with or without the active support of the government, therefore Allanean precious metals and similar wealth reserves are accounted for as one product, as once within the borders of Allanea, little certitude about origins can be obtained.” If, naturally, the Allaneans can convince the guardians of that industry to divide their categories, that is no business of government, but at the current time, Allanean gold is considered one commodity. This does not make it illegal to sell or buy in the Great Civilization, and if someone wishes to pay thousands of credits for it, they may, provided they are made aware of its origins; in the same way as one can if one wishes, pay a thousand credits for a biscuit, naturally however, both business and personal finance classes given to our children warn against throwing one’s money away in this manner. However, representing the biscuit as the sacred biscuit of Athamarivash the Great is criminal, (unless it actually is), as is misrepresenting Allanean gold as any other type of gold; one may sell it as ‘gold’ of course, but that is a category into which fabricator-manufactured gold also falls, and if a C’tani resident wants to part with good money for ‘gold’ when they can actually make it at a public fabricator, let alone at home, then they are fools who deserve to be poorer.

The refusal of Allanea to maintain a credible national currency has the effect of obfuscating the fact that the amount of money, at the values of international norms, within its economy, far exceeds the combined value of that economy. By refusing to maintain an ‘Allanean Dollar’ on ideological grounds, the Allanean Government allows its agencies and governments to pass international currencies (universal standard dollars, etc) at their apparent face value, while bilking trading partners with monies gained from enterprises that strip money from other economies, for example High Treefolk, without an actual corresponding exchange of goods or services. Fundamentally the growth of Allanean currency reserves (hereafter referred to as ‘the scampiles’) via deception and fraud is functionally the same as money-printing, however, without a free floating currency of its own, Allaneans are able to conceal the inflationary effects this would have, in as much as most trading partners cannot identify the reduction in value of these funds, as they are not ‘Allanean’ and most international traders use the ‘money wired’ model of casual monetary transfer. However, the systems built into most credit chips and banks are aware of the actual superabundance of these currencies within the Allanean domain, generally provide accurate real-value conversion to the Credit, which is, again to say, the Allaneans lost count after the fourth quadrillion they had in their vaults, and such conversions are known. We had assumed that the popularity of the Menelmacari credit in Allanea was likewise because it is a digital currency that integrates protection against such inflationary effects into its makeup.

It is the use of such funds for fraud, and their build-up from fraud, that makes them essentially different from say, Menelmacari Sovereign Wealth funds. Sirithil nos Fëanor would be taken out and thrown off a mountain by her own people if she tried to acquire those funds as a personal pocket money supply, and used it to buy endless yachts, as it is not fundamentally hers (Though FHG funds to a large degree are, they are not comparable) and is held by the government, not the person of its leader, in fiduciary trust, subject to sensible financial standards. For this reason, in addition to the Menelmacari’s unbroken history of acting as honest brokers, rather than encouraging international fraud, gives a much higher degree of confidence in the value of Menelmacari assets.

Likewise, the third and major part of the Allanean funds consists of stock and investments globally, this does in fact retain value in the C’tani market, to a substantial degree, because it is tied into actual production of goods, however, given the illegal provenance of much of the original investment, they are rated essentially as junk bonds – which is not to say they have no value, but they are considered highly likely to be linked to harmful fraud or otherwise toxic, and are typically rated by credit rating agencies such as Khansu, Manthari and Duvarth as highly speculative.

This has been the situation for a substantial period of time, and it grieves us that it has not been previously understood by our Allanean friends. Nonetheless, we have hereby issued new travel advisories to persons going to Allanea regarding the local currency situation, and furthermore, in consultation with the Senatorial Permanent Committee for Legislation and Management, I am now able to issue notification that the Great Civilization is no longer a member of the ‘Greater Prussian Empire’ Alliance, effective immediately, and we will be recalling all personnel from it, and issuing notice to depart within the next twelve days to all of its officials currently employed within our borders, including the territory formerly known as High Treefolk.

Aldaconcion Helkëfëa nos Harmendil
Chair of the Senior Directorate of Economic Affairs
Last edited by The Ctan on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:55 am

Official Allanean Response to the Previous Statements:

There is a range of misunderstandings demonstrated by our former allies in the Empire. For one, the Greater Prussian Emergency funds such as they are are obtained by ethical means – by voluntary payments from members. They are stored around the globe in ways that would prevent their inflation, similar to Freestian, Menelmacari, and C'tani emergency funds. This has been well-known, and C'tani leadership had not in the past been loathe to take our money, including as personal gifts.

The inclusion of innocent individuals who – even if we for a moment accepted the preposterous assumption the Greater Prussian Emergency Fund is fraudulent – have nothing to do with the fraud, is nothing short but bizarre collective punishment. It shows an inherent bigotry of the Necrontyr not against some individual Allanean or Prussian, but against our population as a whole.

The C'tani have no moral high ground to accuse a single person of racism as long as they engage in this form of overt collective punishment of a non-slaver society.

As of the present time, we are forced to inform our former allies that their loss of membership is irreversible. It will not be possible to restore membership in the Empire, or alliance with the Allaneans, in any way other than providing a tangible benefit to the United States and its allies. Throughout its entire membership in the Empire the Necrontyr have done nothing but take from us – immense sums of money, favors, armed force, to then withdraw.

For this reason, relations will be downgraded to the minimums required by VERITAS' charter – we will maintain free trade, reciprocating only C'tani measures against us, we will of course defend the Necrontyr if they are attacked, and so on, and so forth. We no longer see it as our duty to offer help beyond those requirements.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 am

Official Announcement of the United States of Allanea

The Department of State would like to report to the world community that the Senate has passed a bill known as the Currency Freedom Act, reversing the previous measures which limited the flow of C'tani currency after legal experts pointed out that it does not constitute a true mirror of C'tani policy towards the various emergency funds. For this reason, the United States of Allanea hereby issues a formal apology to C'tani and Allanean businesses affected. The Department of State is not authorized to answer legal questions regarding lawsuits by businesses impacted negatively by the C'tani currency provisions of the 2013 Counterfeiting Act.

That said, relations with the Great Civilization C'tan will remain at the levels stated by our previous messages – conforming purely to the requirements of free trade and mutual defense.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Menelmacar
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 18, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Menelmacar » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Written at Vinyatírion the Eternal, Menelmacar, this 26th day of Hrívë in the 105th year of the 222nd long-year of Menelmacar, by the hand of Lady Sirithil nos Fëanor, Elentári, Eternal Noldorin Empire of Menelmacar, to all concerned, in particular Alexander Kazansky, President, United States of Allanea, greetings;

After considerable deliberation, the Eternal Noldorin Empire of Menelmacar hereby announces its withdrawal from the alliance commonly known as the Greater Prussian Empire (GPE), effective 42 Hrívë 31929 (January 1). Our reasons for this decision are myriad; chief among these are that the GPE's functions and benefits are duplicated by the older, and senior, VERITAS treaty, and that the unique circumstances necessitating our original joining of the GPE are no longer a factor. As a gesture of good faith, we are also returning all funding from the GPE Emergency Fund acquired by Menelmacar via this treaty.

We stress to our good friends in Allanea that this does not in any way constitute a downgrading of our relations, and that all other arrangements, particularly VERITAS, Allanea's 'elf-friend' trade status, and all bilateral agreements, remain in place.

May no Shadow fall upon Allanea, or the lands of Greater Prussia,
Lady Sirithil nos Fëanor
Elentári of Menelmacar

Classification: OPEN
Encryption: NONE
Last edited by Menelmacar on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The elves will do what is right, not what is on paper." ~Sunset
"We can't go around supporting The Good Of All Things. People might mistake us for Menelmacar." ~Education Minister Lobon of Kn-Yan
"Do you realize you're trying to sell resources to Menelmafuckingcar? Their resource base is larger than Melkor's ego." ~Advisor Julius Razak, Foot-to-Ass Section, Scolopendra
"I started on NS at a time when elf genocides were daily occurrences from week old nations wanting to get ortilleried by Menelmacar." ~Resurgent Dream
"Nothing here but rich-ass elves. Just...running the world. And shopping." ~Officer Daryl Ward, LAPD

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Official Message from Alexander Blaken-Kazansky, Emperor of Greater Prussia, President of Allanea, King of Reichskamphen, Emperor of the Thousand States, Archduke of Dragkon, Duke of Leyfield and Blaken-Island, Liberator of Torontonias, Count of Centreville, Friend of the Elves, General-Secretary of the Confederacy of Sovereign States and the Coalition of Drug-Exporting Nations, President of the CAPINTERN

Dear Friends!

I am saddened to see my elf friends leave, and truly believe that on this day, our Empire is diminished. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a blow to Allanea and Greater Prussia's international standing, and reviews in policy shall be made. As Emperor, however, I am bound by fiscal responsibility to accept the sum of 51 trillion dollars returned to our Crown by Menelmacar.

The United States of Allanea remains henceforth a member of VERITAS. We will commence the search for additional member states for our mighty Empire, who will fill up the positions of Aquilar Realms, and whose leaders by stature will be fit to accept the posts of Elector-General, Chief Justice, and Treasurer of the Greater Prussian Empire.

That said, any Menelmacari citizen employed as of this writing in senior position within Greater Prussian structures, or personally by myself, will retain their pension as if they had worked a full term of service, as well as any privileges of rank. Christmas presents to all former Prussian officials will be sent out, and so forth, as mandated by the requirements of honor.

May God Bless Menelmacar,
And May He Continue to Bless Allanea

Personal Message from Cassiopeia Blaken-Kazansky to Lady Sirithil nos Fëanor, Elentári of Menelmacar

My dear Aunt,

I am sorry that you have left us. I hope for your eventual return, but at any rate I would like to offer you a humble Christmas gift – one of the Adeodachus luxury watches in my collection, the Adeodachus Snake. I hope you will enjoy receiving it as much as I've enjoyed picking it out.

Yours,
Cassiopeia

Personal Message from Cassiopeia Blaken-Kazansky to Lady Naerdiel nos Fithurin

My dear Naerdiel,

Given the current political events, it is likely you won't have to return to Leyfield. That said, your Christmas gift – and Melti's – are still yours. First off, the gravcar you favor is far too small. A gravitic limousine of the first order has been picked out for you by my gift staff. For Melti, a new winter suit has been picked out, as has [list of various children's clothing and toys omitted].

Yours,
Cassiopeia
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents