NATION

PASSWORD

Nar-Azek, rebirth of Jordaxia

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Jordaxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Nar-Azek, rebirth of Jordaxia

Postby Jordaxia » Sun May 03, 2009 11:29 pm

(OOC: Just setting the scene for the reintroduction of my nation. it's totally different from what it was, but I think that will only be noticed by people who remember me from several years back.)

Introduction: Nar-azek
Background: Nar-azek was first discovered in 1204 by a Jordaxian explorer/cartographic team and colonised in 1290 by the colony ship 'Ladar'. A rural world relatively close to Jordaxia itself. The world has been the subject of numerous internal and external disputes due to its strict environmentalist policies. An attempted coup in 1360 was quashed when Jordaxian armed forces besieged the rebellious capital. This caused numerous concessions to be granted to the people of Nar-azek to quell any further displeasure at a far-distant government.

Geography:
Climate: temperate, with longer than average summers and relatively mild winters. Higher than average amounts of rainfall planetwide and close distance to local star can cause humid conditions and strong heatwaves.
Terrain: Fertile Valley interspersed with plains, typically hemmed in by long mountain ranges where tectonic plates meet. Suitable for large crop growth, 4 major oceans, several freshwater sources - no significant cold polar regions......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Searching 'head of state'
Found

Head of state: Queen Eyildr Grunnelsdottir.
Government type: Monarchy

A small wooden cart rolled along a makeshift dirt road with tall wheat fields on either side, a single occupant dangling his legs over the side. He shut off the screen of a small black computer and closed it over. It was hot to the touch, its casing absorbing heat from the sun which shone brightly above. He had only arrived from Azek a few days ago and was still adjusting to the radical changes. Gravity was only 2/3 standard and it was making him queasy though he'd already taken pills for it Exposure to the sun was equally uncomfortable for him. Kall shifted his feet up onto the cart and stood up. To distract himself he'd been refamiliarising with the target, not that anybody in the country was unfamiliar with her. Queen Eyildr had ruled Jordaxia for over 300 years all but unquestioned, the inertia of tradition keeping her on a throne she had no real right to. Before, when the capital of the nation was still Jordaxia itself and not Azek, there was a strong republic. It had long faded into dust but it was a strong memory still in the minds of the Jordaxians, who as a people did not forget quickly. Eyildrs clan had risen quickly from the ruins with her at the head, a charismatic ruler uniting the stranded planets of the republic and forming them into something stronger so that disaster could not befall them again. Some worlds were so grateful to be rescued from the isolation that would have doomed them to a death of literal starvation or suffocation that Eyildr enjoyed an almost unopposed ascent to the new throne of the Kingdom. It was temporary, she assured those who met the transition with unease. That once Jordaxia had been restored to its former glory, the senate would sit and take office as they had always done before. In 300 years not a single ship had been sent to the ruined world.

In the distance a small hill came into view, a small fence encircling it. A large metal door cut into the slope, a stark black to the grass that surrounded it. There were no windows to indicate what was inside, as Jordaxian homes tended to be, naturally at home deep within the rock, maintaining only above settlements that were needed for farmers and the like. The top of the hill was flattened, with a twin-engined sleek looking VTOL aircraft sitting idly on top. Kall grumbled something indiscernible under his breath. It had been a 2 day trip from the spaceport to this farmstead by cart and his contact had a jet. He knew of course that traveling on foot was the only way to be completely discreet about who he was meeting, as his fake ID wouldn't stand up to the close scrutiny that anybody visibly seen meeting Galmak Holdrisson would attract, a notorious pro-republican and one-time violent agitator. Kall hopped off the cart, and landed with surprisingly little noise, even despite the lower than average gravity. At 4' 9" and weighing 230lbs, Kall was unusually large for a Jordaxian, a result of highly expensive geneering that tuned his body considerably and enabled him to move quickly, silently, and precisely regardless of his size. Problematically, these enhancements were not just initially financially expensive. His size made him distinct enough to spot from a crowd and though it was a simple enough matter for him to alter the security cameras in the spaceport so that someone reviewing the footage would see an entirely different person it was hardly foolproof. Regardless, Galmak had contacted him specifically at the behest of his associate. If their plan to restore democracy to the Jordaxian people was to work, they needed someone like Kall. The door opened, and Galmak beckoned Kall inside quickly, shutting and bolting the door behind him. The house was minimalist by Jordaxian standards, a large oak table brimming with food filled the bulk of the available space with a large fireplace at one end of the room. Mounted into the brick wall was a large screen displaying nothing

"I'm glad you came so quickly. You know about the 'Queens' visit?" Galmak spat the word.

"That's why I'm here." Galmak nodded, and gestured for Kall to sit.

"My partner has acquired important information about her stay here. As you know, this planet was founded as a proposed stepping stone, an important close by stepping stone to an eventual reclamation of the home. Eyildr will be coming here within the month to supervise work on the new orbital docks, ostensibly being constructed to both assist in the building and supplying of an excursion to the home. Ultimately as we know, this is a deception and a delaying tactic, the last - and I mean the last - of many. During this time she will at some points be in orbit in a facility that is not yet complete. This represents the best possible moment to strike and remove her from the picture."

Galmak pulled a seat up alongside the table Kall was sitting at and looked him directly in the face before continuing.

"We have contacts who are capable of destroying these docks, and others who like yourself, will be required to ensure these people can successfully complete their jobs should they be discovered before they have caused irreparable harm to the superstructure and sever her routes to any escape vehicles. In the direst possible circumstances you may be required to assault her directly. Should this work, and we have good reason to believe that it will, we will be accomplishing something of great importance. Your contribution will not be forgotten by either myself or my partner. Do you understand?" Kall nodded. "Good." came the response. "Because I HATE having to speak like that. Get you a beer?"
...gorgonopsids.

Return to NationStates