NATION

PASSWORD

Terra Firma, Planning and discussion

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Songhia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Songhia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Songhia wrote:Hey, my borders stop more-or-less at the Sahara Desert, so you can take what's north of it and I'll take what's south.

Anyway, I'd also need the England-analogue, because I'm an ex-English colony.

Well, I uh kinda needed the southern part. There's nothing in the north, most of my population, industry, etc. would have to be in the south.

I dunno, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria; pretty happening places. Egypt's supporting a population of 90 million.
Diplomatic Program of the Republic of Songhia - Factbook
Whenever you see a word ending in -e or -ey, it's supposed to end in é - ie the city of Yandé, Brg. Simon Touré, and so on.
I also control Aurinsula and sometimes post interchangeably with it.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Songhia wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:
Well, I uh kinda needed the southern part. There's nothing in the north, most of my population, industry, etc. would have to be in the south.

I dunno, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria; pretty happening places. Egypt's supporting a population of 90 million.

Egypt is farther east than I was originally claiming. Severe lack of any notable natural resources and water sources in most parts of North Africa are the problem; even Egypt is almost entirely dependent on the Nile.

How much land are you claiming? Mali + Burkina Faso + Senegal isn't a lot of space, which is why I was willing to give that up, but now it sounds like you're aiming for all of sub-Saharan Africa.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Songhia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Songhia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Songhia wrote:

Egypt is farther east than I was originally claiming. Severe lack of any notable natural resources and water sources in most parts of North Africa are the problem; even Egypt is almost entirely dependent on the Nile.

How much land are you claiming? Mali + Burkina Faso + Senegal isn't a lot of space, which is why I was willing to give that up, but now it sounds like you're aiming for all of sub-Saharan Africa.

Well, to be precise, it's Mali + Burkina Faso + Senegal + the Gambia. But that's predicated on not being surrounded on both sides. Would you envelope me, like Spain does to Portugal?
Diplomatic Program of the Republic of Songhia - Factbook
Whenever you see a word ending in -e or -ey, it's supposed to end in é - ie the city of Yandé, Brg. Simon Touré, and so on.
I also control Aurinsula and sometimes post interchangeably with it.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Songhia wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:

Well, to be precise, it's Mali + Burkina Faso + Senegal + the Gambia. But that's predicated on not being surrounded on both sides. Would you envelope me, like Spain does to Portugal?

Most likely. I was going as far south as the Congo Basin.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm

For those who don't participate in the MMW thread, Corda's suggested that the region name should be Terra Firma, aka Hard Earth, aka Hard MT.

All in favour?
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:For those who don't participate in the MMW thread, Corda's suggested that the region name should be Terra Firma, aka Hard Earth, aka Hard MT.

All in favour?

Aye
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:For those who don't participate in the MMW thread, Corda's suggested that the region name should be Terra Firma, aka Hard Earth, aka Hard MT.

All in favour?

Don't even know if I am excepted but I vote "Aye." Also since no one is objecting I am outlining my claim to Western US/Canada. (Think California, Oregon, Washington, parts of Nevada and British Columbia)
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Leorudo
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Leorudo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Bafuria wrote:

All in favour?

Aye

Now, I may be stepping out of line, but here is an idea from a Latin translation:

Confragosum

Means: "rough place" in Latin.

If not, "Aye"
NSWiki/Factbook:
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Leorudo

Political Compass: Nelson Mandela.
Literally. An exact match on the graph.

Any ideas for a better signature?

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:

All in favour?

Don't even know if I am excepted but I vote "Aye." Also since no one is objecting I am outlining my claim to Western US/Canada. (Think California, Oregon, Washington, parts of Nevada and British Columbia)

IIRC, Corda wanted a full United States to play the anchoring NACO superpower. No one's taken it yet, but that was the proposition.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:17 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:

IIRC, Corda wanted a full United States to play the anchoring NACO superpower. No one's taken it yet, but that was the proposition.

Hurumph, then I can switch over to secondary choices, but that is what I would prefer.
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:

All in favour?

May I suggest that you claim the parts of Canada not taken by me?
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Bafuria wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:

May I suggest that you claim the parts of Canada not taken by me?

I could but that would be secondary to what I would like to claim. Either the above or Kamchatka + Magadan + Khabarovsk (think Eastern USSR/Russia), would be what I really wanted.
Fact Book.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012

Postby Puzikas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 pm

This is about the extent of what I would want. Region down to and including Georgia (I couldn't tell on the map...), land `~80KM east of Real World Moscow, all over to Russias eastern European border, and up to the coast.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Medeshahr
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 28, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Medeshahr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 pm

All in favour?

Aye

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Puzikas wrote:(Image)

This is about the extent of what I would want. Region down to and including Georgia (I couldn't tell on the map...), land `~80KM east of Real World Moscow, all over to Russias eastern European border, and up to the coast.

Ah, the neighbour I both fear and want to conquer. good to see you :p .
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

I do think we have a quorum of ayes, and since I have effectively 100000000000 votes, this motion does prevail. Huzzah! :p
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm

*Claps*
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:49 pm

So here is what I am thinking of claiming (if allowed)

ended up with a more China like position but I like it

As to pop I was hopping for 200 Mil but 100 Mil would be fine if people preferred.
Fact Book.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:52 pm

So, are we planning to have an off-site forum or just region-only threads on the NS site?
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Puzikas wrote:(Image)

Ah, the neighbour I both fear and want to conquer. good to see you :p .

Its where im from. :lol:

Nua Corda wrote:I do think we have a quorum of ayes, and since I have effectively 100000000000 votes, this motion does prevail. Huzzah! :p

Motion basses, bring out the hookers call girls

Goodbye.

Medeshahr
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 28, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Medeshahr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Due to the fact that I'd never be eligable to join NACO, due primarily to that entire "they invaded me" fiasco, and given that we aren't exactly up for another confrontation with the Imperialist Western Pigs at the moment, I"d certainly not be willing to join the Warsaw Pact equivaliant either. This leaves me without a group, if your nation is also left without a group for similar reasons or if only due to the fact that you'd rather not become a pawn of the Great Powers and would like to avoid their Imperialist Agendas, perhaps you'd be interested in a coalition of non-alligned states, or a "Third Path," similar to what we saw in Bandung. It would be primarily weaker nations who are uninterested in being forced around by those greater than ourselves avoidng the Cold War, playing both sides, and trading with eachother.

PS. Cheaper Oil to Members? I think that can be arranged.
PSS. Lol, not being a World Power= Having to Bribe People to Join You

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Fortunagen wrote:So, are we planning to have an off-site forum or just region-only threads on the NS site?

If someone can make a good one? Sure. But I know nothing about forums.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Okay I've decided I'm going to have Page as a NACO observer since the post Civil War era (starting around 2003), and perhaps imminently close to joining the alliance. And the potential drama around the decision will have all sorts of RP ramifications.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Monumental occasion, chaps.

Goodbye.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Got a map down yet?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates