NATION

PASSWORD

Terra Firma, Planning and discussion

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:40 pm

mighty icejjfish is mighty
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:42 am

im thinking of maybe instead of BMP-2s and 3s, have allot of upgraded BMP-1s w/ 23mm autocannons and ATGMs to supplement BMP-3s.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:51 am

San-Silvacian wrote:im thinking of maybe instead of BMP-2s and 3s, have allot of upgraded BMP-1s w/ 23mm autocannons and ATGMs to supplement BMP-3s.

So...basically BMP-23?

Licana makes those.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:25 am

San-Silvacian wrote:im thinking of maybe instead of BMP-2s and 3s, have allot of upgraded BMP-1s w/ 23mm autocannons and ATGMs to supplement BMP-3s.

Or, you know, use the BMP-3 like a good KC member state. :P

In fact, because of your continued insolence, im now forcing you to use only Mosins. You can make AFVs out of layers of Mosins taped to one another.
Last edited by Puzikas on Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:37 am

Puzikas wrote:

Or, you know, use the BMP-3 like a good KC member state. :P

In fact, because of your continued insolence, im now forcing you to use only Mosins. You can make AFVs out of layers of Mosins taped to one another.

BMP-3s supplement EstoBMPs cuz gr8tr but expensive. EstoBMP is cheaper since its allot less stuff, still has 1-2 23mm autocannons and 2-4 ATGMs.

Also is iiwiki fucking around for anyone else? This shit is annoying.

Transnapastain wrote:

So...basically BMP-23?

Licana makes those.

gibbe noa

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 am

San-Silvacian wrote:Also is iiwiki fucking around for anyone else? This shit is annoying.

It is bothering me to.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:58 am

Yes, IIwiki is currently experiencing technical issues.

Goodbye.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:56 am

San-Silvacian wrote:Also is iiwiki fucking around for anyone else? This shit is annoying.

viewtopic.php?p=18841403#p18841403

You all should bookmark that thread.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:55 pm

IIwiki is back. Get back to making articles.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Well iiwiki is back working, now comes the challenge:

Fallout:NV or iiwiki.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:21 am

I think its time we have a serious discussion about the state of affairs in Asia.

We've spent plenty of time hashing out how things are in the chaotic South (Latin) America, the hotly contested Europe and the inherit stability of North America from having the USA. But very little has been done as to Asia...At least, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, EA90 has left us due to RL obligations and other projects. Understandable and admittedly regretful. He leaves behind the world player that is China, which is hotly contesting with Carthage for 3rd and 4th place in military firepower. His vision of China was an imperial china, as opposed to a more real-life Communist Peoples Republic of China. A very cool idea, and one that's workable. But for the sake of it me and trans have been tossing around an idea.

we want China to be expansive. An expansionist China, who has gobbled up a few smaller nations in the past century, and has become increasingly aggressive to anyone who isn't China.

Naturally, players in Asia are perhaps less-than-thrilled to hear an angry, hungry China is now sharing land boarders with them. And I feel your pain, as someone who neighbors them just the same and is, almost without a doubt, their biggest competition. Which is why I'm proposing you all develop some sort of Asian alliance, the PLU/KC/ANTO of Asia. Call it something like "United Asian Coalition". This would be, naturally, in response to Chinas hungry tendencies. I can see it being a more neutral party in the world, as you would likely have states that are both KC and ANTO friendly as members or observers.

Possible observer states include:
Sevv
Fort
Myself
Vir (WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS...)

Possible member states include:
NotJapan(your name is 2hard)
SoH (possibly, the founding state and "leader")
NotIndia(also, possible founding state and "leader")
Gurkha land
Borneo

That's all I really have to say. Anyone else have any input?

Goodbye.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:09 am

I could go with being the founder, being traditionally a "true neutral", with the organizations stated purpose of keeping the status quo in the Asian. Probably would have some strong language about events inside asia, but leave everything outside asia alone.

Might it be a mini-UN? Member states can yell at each other and vote on things concerning events in asia, sanctions, peace keeping troops, other UNy stuff. Probably nothing like a security council though, not enough members to let some just veto events. Powers outside asia can observe, but can't vote or speak unless invited to?

Need some other asian nations to comment.
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:12 am

Spirit of Hope wrote:I could go with being the founder, being traditionally a "true neutral", with the organizations stated purpose of keeping the status quo in the Asian. Probably would have some strong language about events inside asia, but leave everything outside asia alone.

Might it be a mini-UN? Member states can yell at each other and vote on things concerning events in asia, sanctions, peace keeping troops, other UNy stuff. Probably nothing like a security council though, not enough members to let some just veto events. Powers outside asia can observe, but can't vote or speak unless invited to?

Make it whatever you want, styled however you like. I have no problem with it.

Currently, I'm thinking that China is fat because China has gobbled up some nations to its west. I'm also thinking that they have, will will soon be, invading notTibet, and possibly Ghurkastan (which I don't think should go well for them). Further, the little pisspot nations to the south, should either be deathly afraid of them (and thus willing to join your power bloc) or puppet states of China.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:15 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:I could go with being the founder, being traditionally a "true neutral", with the organizations stated purpose of keeping the status quo in the Asian. Probably would have some strong language about events inside asia, but leave everything outside asia alone.

Make it whatever you want, styled however you like. I have no problem with it.

Currently, I'm thinking that China is fat because China has gobbled up some nations to its west. I'm also thinking that they have, will will soon be, invading notTibet, and possibly Ghurkastan (which I don't think should go well for them). Further, the little pisspot nations to the south, should either be deathly afraid of them (and thus willing to join your power bloc) or puppet states of China.

Meandmar must remain a miniDPRK that hates the west and china
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:17 am

1. Your idea reminded me of SEATO as soon as I thought hard about it. This time it won't fail. :P

2. Wouldn't it be natural for Emmeria to be invited into the alliance, seeing that Japan and SoH's nation are both ANTO members?

3. What ever happened to an independent Taiwan (Republic of China)? Is it a communist breakaway that doesn't get recognition? What is it exactly? I'm thinking if we have a breakaway Taiwan with some islands near China, it could serve as a UAC distraction to an extent.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:19 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:3. What ever happened to an independent Taiwan (Republic of China)? Is it a communist breakaway that doesn't get recognition? What is it exactly? I'm thinking if we have a breakaway Taiwan with some islands near China, it could serve as a UAC distraction to an extent.

According to the map, China owns what would be notTaiwan, so a breakaway Taiwan wouldn't make much sense.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:1. Your idea reminded me of SEATO as soon as I thought hard about it. This time it won't fail. :P

2. Wouldn't it be natural for Emmeria to be invited into the alliance, seeing that Japan and SoH's nation are both ANTO members?

3. What ever happened to an independent Taiwan (Republic of China)? Is it a communist breakaway that doesn't get recognition? What is it exactly? I'm thinking if we have a breakaway Taiwan with some islands near China, it could serve as a UAC distraction to an extent.

I am not an ANTO member, and have historically tired to remind neutral to both groups in an attempt to play them off against one another.

I like the idea of a Communist Taiwan, could be something to threaten china with. "Be good or we replace you with them crazies!"

Premislyd wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:3. What ever happened to an independent Taiwan (Republic of China)? Is it a communist breakaway that doesn't get recognition? What is it exactly? I'm thinking if we have a breakaway Taiwan with some islands near China, it could serve as a UAC distraction to an extent.

According to the map, China owns what would be notTaiwan, so a breakaway Taiwan wouldn't make much sense.

Easy fix, IC they claim they own it. OOC both could be NPCs.
Fact Book.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:16 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:1. Your idea reminded me of SEATO as soon as I thought hard about it. This time it won't fail. :P

Thats not true at all. SoH is Not-Aligned Movement.

and he has them listed as an observer.... I think thats god enough, Its a regional alliance and Emmeria is not actually resent in the region. It'd be an important player, but it wouldn't be part of the alliance. The same way I'm not a member of KC and Puz isn't a member of PLU.

Spirit of Hope wrote:

I am not an ANTO member, and have historically tired to remind neutral to both groups in an attempt to play them off against one another.

I like the idea of a Communist Taiwan, could be something to threaten china with. "Be good or we replace you with them crazies!"

Premislyd wrote:

I'd much rather simply say China took a Communist Taiwan out....maybe in the 80's when Puz wasn't in a position to do anything about it.

We'll call it the People's Republic of Formosa or some shit up until then.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

Spirit of Hope wrote:

I'd much rather simply say China took a Communist Taiwan out....maybe in the 80's when Puz wasn't in a position to do anything about it.

Formosa? You insult the people of Taiwan by giving them that Japanese name.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Formosa? You insult the people of Taiwan by giving them that Japanese name.

Intentional. :P

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Transnapastain wrote:[

Ok, they should have a random government in exile that is still partitioning to get there country back.
Fact Book.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Why not just give Formosa to Hodori

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Premislyd wrote:Why not just give Formosa to Hodori

He lost it after GW2?

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:22 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Premislyd wrote:Why not just give Formosa to Hodori

He lost it after GW2?

Pretty much this, but, I'd like to see him make ancestral claims to it or some shit.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Puzikas wrote:I think its time we have a serious discussion about the state of affairs in Asia.

We've spent plenty of time hashing out how things are in the chaotic South (Latin) America, the hotly contested Europe and the inherit stability of North America from having the USA. But very little has been done as to Asia...At least, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, EA90 has left us due to RL obligations and other projects. Understandable and admittedly regretful. He leaves behind the world player that is China, which is hotly contesting with Carthage for 3rd and 4th place in military firepower. His vision of China was an imperial china, as opposed to a more real-life Communist Peoples Republic of China. A very cool idea, and one that's workable. But for the sake of it me and trans have been tossing around an idea.

we want China to be expansive. An expansionist China, who has gobbled up a few smaller nations in the past century, and has become increasingly aggressive to anyone who isn't China.

Naturally, players in Asia are perhaps less-than-thrilled to hear an angry, hungry China is now sharing land boarders with them. And I feel your pain, as someone who neighbors them just the same and is, almost without a doubt, their biggest competition. Which is why I'm proposing you all develop some sort of Asian alliance, the PLU/KC/ANTO of Asia. Call it something like "United Asian Coalition". This would be, naturally, in response to Chinas hungry tendencies. I can see it being a more neutral party in the world, as you would likely have states that are both KC and ANTO friendly as members or observers.

Possible observer states include:
Sevv
Fort
Myself
Vir (WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS...)

Possible member states include:
NotJapan(your name is 2hard)
SoH (possibly, the founding state and "leader")
NotIndia(also, possible founding state and "leader")
Gurkha land
Borneo

That's all I really have to say. Anyone else have any input?

wat aboot Philippines ;-;

deth 2 expansionist china