NATION

PASSWORD

Terra Firma, Planning and discussion

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Fortunagen wrote:Lanos. Thread for nuke testing pwease.

I want to make a big scene of "moving my carrier group" and anti-nuke stuff.

Is that okay?

Fortunagen has much carriers and is anti-nuke? o:
Last edited by Sevvania on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:35 pm

So with IRC (and the news thread) blowing up on me testing nukes, I have an idea. We go back to 1981 or so and RP out Lanos getting the bomb a few years after Bosque gets the bomb and the aftereffects. Then go from there on about Lanos and the region throughout the 1980s.

Did I do something good here?

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 pm

I really didnt supposed they'd BE an RP in terms of Lanos testing the weapons

If you want to talk about tensions escalating with Lanos, Fort, thats what the news thread i for. Write a news report about moving your carriers and sanctions and shit

Thats what I'll be doing here soon.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 am

Reposting. If we want to get some action going, might as well try and get this one I've worked out rolling.

On [DATE TBD], tragedy struck the Kaisertum Katensreich. King-Emperor Ferdinand VII and his son, the Heir Apparent, Archduke Franz IX, were returning to Wien from a diplomatic visit to Buda, the capital of the Lands of the Saint's Crown that formed much of the Emperor's possessions in the Balkan peninsula. As Archduke Franz had just been confirmed by the Estates of the Empire as the successor to the Throne of Eagles, and the Emperor had no other sons, it was considered critical that both be brought back to the capital as quickly as possible, and only a single plane was used to transfer both men. As the plane began its descent into Franz I International Airport, it was struck by a munition of unknown type and origin--tenatively identified from eyewitness reports as a type of man portable anti-air weapon. The impact cause the aircraft to descend rapidly, and it exploded upon impact with the tarmac. The Emperor and Archduke were assumed dead.

The death of both the Emperor and Crown Prince has led to a crisis within the Empire. While normally, it would be a simple matter to convene the Estates and elect a new successor, the death of the Emperor and his only son have led to a crisis within the Empire of who will be the successor to the Throne. Different claimants have poured out of the woodwork, including nearly a dozen allegedly bastard sons, the current Empress, and all manners of existing nobility and distant branches of the House of Ossvold. All claim their right to inherit the throne based on existing claims, long time marriages, or more obscure and interesting interpretation of the past five hundred years of Imperial edicts and pragmatic sanctions.

Nonetheless, the law is clear: it is to the Estates to choose the heir to the Empire, and it is in their hands that the decision now rests. While the other claimants haggle and barter over their chosen interpretations of history and law, three key individuals have come to dominate the Imperial Estates, and it now seems clear to all that it will be one of these who will inherit the throne.

• The Princess Anna von Ossvold, the Princess of Wien. The Princess is the only daughter of the now posthumous Emperor. A young and beautiful woman of 28, she has already done much to win the hearts of the common citizen, both in the great cities of the Empire and into the peasants of the countryside. While she controls little in the way of her own power, her title of Princess of Wien has made her the unofficial head of the Imperial household in the capital. Upon hearing of her father and elder brother's death, she was quick to move to secure her support in the capital itself. While she has not yet dared to sit in the Throne of Eagles itself, she has moved into the Throne Room as her own audience chamber, sitting on the right hand side of the throne--the place normally reserved for the Heir Apparent. The Princess's outlook on the world is a break from what seems like centuries of Imperial conservatism, and her bright and charismatic personality serves to make her all the more beloved. She was the first to look beyond the boundaries of the Empire for support, and has said that the future of the Empire is tied to that of its neighbours and friends, though who those friends may be have yet to be seen.

Alas, many of the nobles look down their noses at her. In the past, the throne has only passed to a woman when no other male heir claimant existed, and the Princess's inherent liberalism has only served to frighten them more. Yet, the Princess offers something which may well soothe their fears: stability. She is young and beautiful, and no doubt the potential Empress would be a fine wife to any foreign bachelor. Perhaps the days when the House of Ossvold secured itself in its power through marriage are not over yet....

• The Duke Arnold II von Ossvold, the Duke of the Vorlande and Chancellor of Foreign Affairs. The Duke Arnold II is the younger brother of the deceased Emperor, and one of the strongest claims to the thrones based on traditional law. At 43, he is relatively young by the standards of the Empire, but has had long enough to consolidate his power base. Yet, as the Duke of the Vorlande and Chancellor for Foreign Affairs, that power base is far from the bright streets of Wien. While Innsbruck may be a fine city for a count or lesser noble, it is no chair for the Emperor. Still, its wealth in minerals has made him a power to be reckoned with in and of himself, and his connections outside the Empire may yet be the key to success in the race for the throne. The Duke is a man of no great charm or charisma, and is simple in appearance and--seemingly--in mind as well. He is as religious and conservative as any other member of his House, and seems, in all respects, much like many other of a long line of Imperial rulers that stretch back over half a millennia.

Yet that may well be to the Duke's strengths. Many a ruler has fallen or been frustrated by underestimating a scion of House Ossvold, and it seems that behind his simple demeanor, the Prince may well be as sharp as any of his other contemporaries. His conservatism is appealing to many of the Empire's nobles and upper class, who think that the future may be brighter if things continue as they have been for so many years. The Duke is a widower, his wife and only son killed in a tragic hunting accident nearly twenty years ago but perhaps, like his niece, marriage will be the key to the throne....

• The Prince Thomas Corvinus, Magnate of Buda and Chancellor of the Interior. By all the laws of the land, Thomas Corvinus should have no claim to the throne. At 25, he is the youngest of the claimants, and perhaps the most radical. Unlike Duke Arnold or Princess Anna, he is not a member of the House of Ossvold, and in fact claims only the most distant of relations to the long time Imperial family. In almost any other situation, his claim would be laughed off, and he would be sent back to his Palace in Buda a laughing stock of the Imperial Court in Wien. Yet, it seems that this time, he has been allowed within the walls of the capital, and it is clear that he intends to stay. Out of all the claimants, Corvinus has the most personal power. As the Magnate of Buda, he was the Emperor's Chosen ruler of the Land of the Saint's Crown, which makes up more than half of the Empire's land area and an overwhelming majority of its food production, as well as over a third of its population. He is supported by many nobles who believe that, perhaps, the time of the House of Ossvold is over, and the time has come to change the ruling house of the Empire. Most of his support is concentrated in his own lands, but rumors abound of nobles in Katensland and Bohmerwald who are ready to flock to his banner.

The Mangate of Buda is a young and intense man, fired with all the passion and energy of youth. His charisma will no doubt carry more than a few to his banner, and his calls for a new order have already begun to find purchase in ears and hearts of many. Yet, even moreso than the Princess, existing nobles in Katensland and the upper class overall, look on him with fear. If he should be chosen, perhaps some will defy this man put in place as their chosen 'Emperor', and civil war will be inevitable. Yet, he has an ace up his sleeve. Alone among the contenders, the Prince is married, to a beautiful Bohmerwaldian noblewoman: the Baroness Tanya von Wallenstein, the granddaughter of Marshal of the Realm Matthias III von Wallenstein, the Prince of Prague. While the Reichsmarshal is an old and conservative man, and his House has been ever loyal to the Ossvolds, the potential of his great grand children sitting on the Throne of Eagles, may well cause him to turn over to the other side. Perhaps this alliance between the Saint's Land and Bohmerwald will be enough to overthrow the dominion of Katensland, and change the face of the Empire forever....

These three have found themselves at an impasse within the Estates, and search everywhere for an advantage to ensure their ascenion to the Throne. Perhaps, they will even seek to break the centuries long taboo of involving foreign powers with the internal affairs of the Empire. After all, the Kaisertum is not an insignificant state, and the man (or woman) who leads the ship of state may well be important to those outside the Empire. With luck, this dispute shall be settled around the table, and the Empire will continue as it much has. Yet the threat is still there for the Empire to take up arms against itself, and what role the foreigners shall play remain in doubt.

Shannra
Secretary

Founded: Jan 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Shannra » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 am

Puzikas since you are Rping as russia and are in control of cypress would you be up to disputing its ownership with my nation.

to everyone else, would anyone be interested in setting up a trade organization like the WTO in the backstory? Would anyone like to join a trade pact with Yukaria(turkey) that acts like a revised version of the silk road in modern times?

Also sense Turkey wants to join the NATO in the real world I thought we could do something with turkey trying to join NATO.

Just some ideas I had, I will talk more about it on chat later I am on my tablet right now. I should be on around 2200 central time usa.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:18 pm

At least in TF, Turkey isn't illegally occupying Cyprus as Puzikas legally owns it.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:22 pm

*grumble grumble bloody wiki formatting grumble groan bitch*

Expect to see a wiki page for Trigg some time in the next week or two.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Shannra wrote:Also sense Turkey wants to join the NATO in the real world I thought we could do something with turkey trying to join NATO.

You mean the EU? I don't think we even have an equivalent of the EU.
Last edited by The Kievan People on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Transnapastain wrote:I really didnt supposed they'd BE an RP in terms of Lanos testing the weapons

If you want to talk about tensions escalating with Lanos, Fort, thats what the news thread i for. Write a news report about moving your carriers and sanctions and shit

Thats what I'll be doing here soon.

That's really cool, and I kinda want to RP the inside of my government on top of that, any ideas on how I could pull this off?
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Shannra wrote:Puzikas since you are Rping as russia and are in control of cypress would you be up to disputing its ownership with my nation.

to everyone else, would anyone be interested in setting up a trade organization like the WTO in the backstory? Would anyone like to join a trade pact with Yukaria(turkey) that acts like a revised version of the silk road in modern times?

Also sense Turkey wants to join the NATO in the real world I thought we could do something with turkey trying to join NATO.

Just some ideas I had, I will talk more about it on chat later I am on my tablet right now. I should be on around 2200 central time usa.

Turkey's been in NATO since 1952 irl. While TF's notTurkey was an NPC, it was also a member of ANTO.

How that proceeds is your choice, though. I'd be fine with you being in ANTO.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:*grumble grumble bloody wiki formatting grumble groan bitch*

I'm willing to help and we have an IIwiki admin in the region.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:59 pm

RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:24 am

mil.Pz.Ru in a nutshell.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:26 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:*grumble grumble bloody wiki formatting grumble groan bitch*

I'm willing to help and we have an IIwiki admin in the region.

I'll send you a TG/hop on the IRC on the weekend if I run into any major roadblocks.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Kastingrad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kastingrad » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Anybody know how the Ka-50 was compared to the Mi-24?
Defcon: 5 4 3 2 1

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Kastingrad wrote:Anybody know how the Ka-50 was compared to the Mi-24?

It was a much fancier aircraft. Performance was higher (speed/range/payload). The FCS was considerably more advanced. Survivability was improved.

But it was definitely more expensive. And the one man crew was slightly wacky.
RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Kastingrad wrote:Anybody know how the Ka-50 was compared to the Mi-24?

The KA-50 and -52 are the replacement for the MI-24, which is currently and historically has been used as a heavy attack, recon, transport, and general multi-role helicopter. The Russian Federation is moving away from this, with the MI-8 upgrade family acting as transport, the MI-24 acting as heavy attack, and the KA-50/52 acting as scout and attack, as well as air support.

In TF, the Hind is set to remain in service as of 2018, and the KA and MI-28 are in production and use.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Kastingrad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kastingrad » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Ah, ok, thanks. I wasn't sure on its relation to the hind. BTW, Emmeria isn't in notAfghanistan are they?
Defcon: 5 4 3 2 1

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Kastingrad wrote:Ah, ok, thanks. I wasn't sure on its relation to the hind. BTW, Emmeria isn't in notAfghanistan are they?

Not anymore, but both that nation and the Iraq alike are pro-West now.

Tuzbekistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuzbekistan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:06 am

I've added an article for Tejas and I am going about adding some bits of history such as colonization, independence and various wars. Also, for ease of navigation, could everyone who has created a nation article on IIwiki link to the Terra Firma category please. It eases navigation.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Kastingrad wrote:Ah, ok, thanks. I wasn't sure on its relation to the hind. BTW, Emmeria isn't in notAfghanistan are they?

Yeah. They got democracy'd.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Puzikas wrote:mil.Pz.Ru in a nutshell.

I spent too much time here.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Virana wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Yeah. They got democracy'd.

EMMERIA FUCK YEAH!

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Lanos. Nukes. Thread. Plz. :blush:
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Fortunagen wrote:Lanos. Nukes. Thread. Plz. :blush:

Why don't you make it?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates