NATION

PASSWORD

Terra Firma, Planning and discussion

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
User avatar
Transnapastain
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 12241
Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Terra Firma, Planning and discussion

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:14 am

Welcome to the OOC Discussion and Planning Thread for our new Hard MT region! Sit down, pull up a chair, have a beer and let's get down to planning the region!'

Before you start here, please stop by the Region Interest and Recruitment Thread to read about the idea, and apply.

Link to the map

And we have an IRC!

#TerraFirma on irc.esper.net

For those new-ish to IRCs, go onto http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.esper.net and enter your nick, and in channel type in #TerraFirma

(if you go to Mibbit IRC without the server already selected, make sure to select "Esper" in the dropdown menu. If you click the above link you shouldn't have to.)

Current RPs

  • For What it's Worth: RP set in the 1960's, depicting a smaller conflict between Costa Mejis and Arcadia, as part of the larger Kubaana Civil War
  • Only Deeds: Terrorists attack what turns out to be a GRU directorate, to liberate a city from Puzak Federation
Last edited by Transnapastain on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 57 times in total.

User avatar
Registug
Senator
 
Posts: 4792
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Registug » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:27 am

Reposting.

I'm going to rip the history of Registug, just before the whole "travels to an alternate universe" thing that I'd established for Sapphire.

1883, North Queensland splits from the Colony of Queensland, becoming its own self-governing colony called Cooksland.

In 1901, Cooksland doesn't Federate with the rest of the Australian states, essentially becoming its own nation in its own right, like Fiji and New Zealand ended up doing.

Around 1910, something happens, and Cooksland border with Australia stretches from Mackay on the East Coast of Australia to Port Hedland on the west coast.

England (Or whoever in this timeline) calls on some Cookslanders to fight in World (Global?) War One, at Gallipoli with the ANZACs.

Global War Two happens, and Cooksland takes an almighty beating from the Japanese with no help from America, England or Australia. England had its own problems in Europe, America was still mobilising to join the war after Pearl, and Australia felt that they would be protected by the nation in the North, opting to build up their own troops while Cooksland soaks up the Japanese attacks.

Cookslanders win an infantry battle in New Guinea on the Kokoda trail.

America takes Guadalcanal, and Cookslanders help in the offensive against the Japanese, fighting all throughout the Dutch East Indies and pushing the Japs back out of the Malay Peninsula and into Indochina.

Americans bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki. War ends. Cookslanders help the Singaporeans and Malaysians to rebuild their countries. Take control of Papua New Guinea as a territory of Cooksland.

Cooksland leaves South East Asia after all the countries get their shit in order or whatever.

Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia all have their independence rebellions and things.

Cooksland participates in the Konfrontasi on the side of the Malaysians. Cooksland SAS fights in the Borneo Crisis.

In 1975, East Timor is invaded by Indonesia. That same year, Papua New Guinea becomes independent of Cooksland, but is near immediately invaded by Indonesia and annexed. America and Australia are both on the side of Indonesia because of Indonesia being the major anti-communist nation in South East Asia after Vietnam fell. Cooksland doesn't stand for the invasion of Papua however, and eight Cooksland reporters were killed in East Timor. Cooksland goes to the UN pushing for immediate condemnation of Indonesia, but gets no support. Ties between Indonesia and Cooksland evaporate.

Between 1975 and 1980, many islands in Eastern Indonesia call for Cooksland support in seceding from Indonesia. In 1980, Cooksland finally becomes fed up of the atrocities happening in East Timor and decide to start sending aid ships. Indonesia blocks the aid ships, and then sinks one of the vessels. In response, Cooksland sends naval escorts with the aid ships, causing a tense naval standoff. An accident occurs in 1981, and the ships engage in battle. Cooksland and Indonesia are then at war.

Cooksland immediately begins naval operations against Indonesia. Both sides take losses. In 1982, Cooksland invades Papua new Guinea. By 1983 Cooksland has made considerable gains in West Papua, and then starts island hopping. By early 1984, the frontline has been pushed to Sulawesi, and has stalled on Flores, the divide between Australasia and Asia itself. President Suharto is assassinated while visiting Bali, and a cease-fire is established in 1985. Cooksland now controls all the Indonesian islands east of the Flores line.

And then nothing happens between 1985 and 2013 I guess.


Hope that's not too long for you guys.

Oh and note that that is the history of THIS nation as well, although in 1990 there was a devastating civil war and the survivors all fled to an alternate plane of existence called Sapphire.
Call me Garshne

Astrayan

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:50 am

I'm still in.

User avatar
Puzikas
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10800
Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 am

Ready and willing.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

User avatar
Spreewerke
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10910
Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 am

Like I've mentioned, in order for my country to exist, the Spreewerk P.38 factory from World War II has to have existed.

That said, my location IC would be where present day Czech Republic/Slovakia (previously Czechoslovakia) is located. A lot of my history depends entirely on our Russia-equivalent's technology advancement since we would have been under their communist reign until the fall of communism (assuming it has fallen: I mean, I've been using 7.62 NATO since '92 current-ICLy, but I guess I could just retain the 7.92x57mm IS we used until then). Weapons-wise, we pretty much go the way of Yugoslavia: get Russian stuff, improve on it a bit. That said, I'm pretty much dependent on what our Russia-equivalent uses, when our fall of Communism was (if it ever fell), and the fact that our IC WWII is based a fair bit on the real-life World War II.

User avatar
Nua Corda
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 am

Registug wrote:Reposting.

I'm going to rip the history of Registug, just before the whole "travels to an alternate universe" thing that I'd established for Sapphire.

1883, North Queensland splits from the Colony of Queensland, becoming its own self-governing colony called Cooksland.

In 1901, Cooksland doesn't Federate with the rest of the Australian states, essentially becoming its own nation in its own right, like Fiji and New Zealand ended up doing.

Around 1910, something happens, and Cooksland border with Australia stretches from Mackay on the East Coast of Australia to Port Hedland on the west coast.

England (Or whoever in this timeline) calls on some Cookslanders to fight in World (Global?) War One, at Gallipoli with the ANZACs.

Global War Two happens, and Cooksland takes an almighty beating from the Japanese with no help from America, England or Australia. England had its own problems in Europe, America was still mobilising to join the war after Pearl, and Australia felt that they would be protected by the nation in the North, opting to build up their own troops while Cooksland soaks up the Japanese attacks.

Cookslanders win an infantry battle in New Guinea on the Kokoda trail.

America takes Guadalcanal, and Cookslanders help in the offensive against the Japanese, fighting all throughout the Dutch East Indies and pushing the Japs back out of the Malay Peninsula and into Indochina.

Americans bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki. War ends. Cookslanders help the Singaporeans and Malaysians to rebuild their countries. Take control of Papua New Guinea as a territory of Cooksland.

Cooksland leaves South East Asia after all the countries get their shit in order or whatever.

Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia all have their independence rebellions and things.

Cooksland participates in the Konfrontasi on the side of the Malaysians. Cooksland SAS fights in the Borneo Crisis.

In 1975, East Timor is invaded by Indonesia. That same year, Papua New Guinea becomes independent of Cooksland, but is near immediately invaded by Indonesia and annexed. America and Australia are both on the side of Indonesia because of Indonesia being the major anti-communist nation in South East Asia after Vietnam fell. Cooksland doesn't stand for the invasion of Papua however, and eight Cooksland reporters were killed in East Timor. Cooksland goes to the UN pushing for immediate condemnation of Indonesia, but gets no support. Ties between Indonesia and Cooksland evaporate.

Between 1975 and 1980, many islands in Eastern Indonesia call for Cooksland support in seceding from Indonesia. In 1980, Cooksland finally becomes fed up of the atrocities happening in East Timor and decide to start sending aid ships. Indonesia blocks the aid ships, and then sinks one of the vessels. In response, Cooksland sends naval escorts with the aid ships, causing a tense naval standoff. An accident occurs in 1981, and the ships engage in battle. Cooksland and Indonesia are then at war.

Cooksland immediately begins naval operations against Indonesia. Both sides take losses. In 1982, Cooksland invades Papua new Guinea. By 1983 Cooksland has made considerable gains in West Papua, and then starts island hopping. By early 1984, the frontline has been pushed to Sulawesi, and has stalled on Flores, the divide between Australasia and Asia itself. President Suharto is assassinated while visiting Bali, and a cease-fire is established in 1985. Cooksland now controls all the Indonesian islands east of the Flores line.

And then nothing happens between 1985 and 2013 I guess.


Hope that's not too long for you guys.

Oh and note that that is the history of THIS nation as well, although in 1990 there was a devastating civil war and the survivors all fled to an alternate plane of existence called Sapphire.


I'd be occupying the place of England, which means you might end up having a bit more Irish-esque influences than IRL Australia, but if we follow the assumption that Australia (or whatever we end up calling it) is used by me as a penal colony originally, then your initial population would have a disproportionate amount of English speaking, more traditional Englishmen, as they attempted numerous rebellions and uprisings against the Old Monarchy and the provisional, post-revolutionary government due to religious persecution and just generally not liking having Gaelic people in charge, and were arrested and deported by the monarchy and the provisionals in large numbers. Similar to our AltAmerica's inception, Protestant Angles fleeing Catholic Old Corda, then getting fed up with taxes. Might lead to a bit more tension between us early on than in the real world, but there you have it.

Also, the geography will be different, but you can re-create a lot of the real-life places you mentioned.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

User avatar
Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14559
Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:38 am

So, is this going to be in the RL Earth?
Member of laissez-fair right-wing worker-mistreatment brigade
Why Britannians are always late
Me as a good capitalist.
Mainland Map | "Weebs must secure the existence of anime and a future for cute aryan waifus"| IIwiki
I Identify as a Graf Zeppelin class aircraft carrier, please refer to me as she.
Economic Left/Right: 2.25 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.72

User avatar
Bafuria
Senator
 
Posts: 4200
Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:08 am

I would like to RP an alternate Quebec.

Upstate New York, New England north of MA, Canada east of Ontario, Greenland and Iceland would basically be settled by Vikings who fled Scandinavia because of Aqui's Gothic invasion.
Last edited by Bafuria on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

User avatar
Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12163
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am

I will, of course, be playing said Goths, who fled the Romans and Huns, ending up in modern Scandinavia. Before the second Global War, they controlled west Russia, a lot of east Europe and western Europe right across to Germany, mostly as a result of the first Global War. After an attempt to conquer all Europe some some pretty massive human sacrifices, they are now nominally catholic and have just Norway, Denmark and Sweden.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.


Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.


Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.


Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...


Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

User avatar
Page
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10527
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 pm

copypasted from old thread

Geography can be found here. For the sake of my canon, this really can't be changed at all, I need a subarctic island trio without any land borders with other nations.

Page's culture has primarily Gallic influences, and also has Icelandic, Norse, Celtic, Anglo and Germanic roots. In ancient times the landmass was filled with different kingdoms but Page has been unified for the past 1000 years and has a very homogeneous culture now. Page is an anglophone nation but also retains widespread use of Ancient Pagian (a language I made up, which I put effort into grammatical consistency, I don't randomly string together words), essentially almost all of the population grows up bilingual.

We have a pagan religion that is still adhered to though are increasingly more secular and atheistic. We are an absolute monarchy, population 165 million. Economically we're comparable IRL to Japan, and then probably akin to the UK or France in terms of military capability.

Current Pagian canon is set about a decade after a Civil War, in which pro-monarchist and anti-monarchist factions fought, the pro-monarchists were victorious and King Daniel has reigned ever since, he is approximately 30 - 32 years old in present day depending on specific timing of the war.

While there is not a lot of political freedom, civil rights are rather advanced, and we are economically moderate but lean more towards capitalist than socialist.

Not a whole lot left to say, read the factbook.
And in short, we aren't really a superpower, nor would we act as world police, but we are in vulgar terms, not to be fucked with.
If you read my RP's though you will see I care more about story than "winning"


RP credentials:

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=page ... k/id=67804
Last edited by Page on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a libertarian socialist.
I am ungovernable.
I owe no allegiance to any state.
I am bound to my conscience, not to the law.
I stand for liberty, justice, and peace.

User avatar
Bajireyn
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6691
Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Would Orion Battleships be acceptable?
Right behind you...: UDL

User avatar
Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12163
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Bajireyn wrote:Would Orion Battleships be acceptable?


Corda has the final say, which will most likely mean no. I'd agree with him, too. They have a lot of potential for abuse, and only the US analogue could probably afford them anyway.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.


Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.


Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.


Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...


Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

User avatar
Bajireyn
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6691
Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Bajireyn wrote:Would Orion Battleships be acceptable?


Corda has the final say, which will most likely mean no. I'd agree with him, too. They have a lot of potential for abuse, and only the US analogue could probably afford them anyway.

Oh, I was going to have a shitty MT nation that wasted a ridiculous amount of money on a single Orion, and as such is several decades behind.

Oh well, I can change.
Right behind you...: UDL

User avatar
Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14559
Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm

Is a Switzerland analogue still up for grabs?

The RP nation I wished to use is supposed to be heavily based on Switzerland and Finland, only not landlocked like the former.
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of laissez-fair right-wing worker-mistreatment brigade
Why Britannians are always late
Me as a good capitalist.
Mainland Map | "Weebs must secure the existence of anime and a future for cute aryan waifus"| IIwiki
I Identify as a Graf Zeppelin class aircraft carrier, please refer to me as she.
Economic Left/Right: 2.25 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.72

User avatar
Nua Corda
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Bajireyn wrote:Would Orion Battleships be acceptable?


Corda has the final say, which will most likely mean no. I'd agree with him, too. They have a lot of potential for abuse, and only the US analogue could probably afford them anyway.


Basically this.

Page wrote:copypasted from old thread

Geography can be found here. For the sake of my canon, this really can't be changed at all, I need a subarctic island trio without any land borders with other nations.

Page's culture has primarily Gallic influences, and also has Icelandic, Norse, Celtic, Anglo and Germanic roots. In ancient times the landmass was filled with different kingdoms but Page has been unified for the past 1000 years and has a very homogeneous culture now. Page is an anglophone nation but also retains widespread use of Ancient Pagian (a language I made up, which I put effort into grammatical consistency, I don't randomly string together words), essentially almost all of the population grows up bilingual.

We have a pagan religion that is still adhered to though are increasingly more secular and atheistic. We are an absolute monarchy, population 165 million. Economically we're comparable IRL to Japan, and then probably akin to the UK or France in terms of military capability.

Current Pagian canon is set about a decade after a Civil War, in which pro-monarchist and anti-monarchist factions fought, the pro-monarchists were victorious and King Daniel has reigned ever since, he is approximately 30 - 32 years old in present day depending on specific timing of the war.

While there is not a lot of political freedom, civil rights are rather advanced, and we are economically moderate but lean more towards capitalist than socialist.

Not a whole lot left to say, read the factbook.
And in short, we aren't really a superpower, nor would we act as world police, but we are in vulgar terms, not to be fucked with.
If you read my RP's though you will see I care more about story than "winning"


RP credentials:

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=page ... k/id=67804


Sounds pretty good so far.

Your geography can certainly be kept. If you have any sketchs or maps or anything, I can add it to the region map more easily.

So, region ICwise, given your influences, you seem like you might take after immigrants from Corda (Celtic and Anglican) and Aqiz's yet to be named Gothic nation (Germanic), forever and a day ago.

Sounds like just the type of RPer we want. Welcome to the club!
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

User avatar
Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12163
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
Corda has the final say, which will most likely mean no. I'd agree with him, too. They have a lot of potential for abuse, and only the US analogue could probably afford them anyway.


Basically this.

Page wrote:copypasted from old thread

Geography can be found here. For the sake of my canon, this really can't be changed at all, I need a subarctic island trio without any land borders with other nations.

Page's culture has primarily Gallic influences, and also has Icelandic, Norse, Celtic, Anglo and Germanic roots. In ancient times the landmass was filled with different kingdoms but Page has been unified for the past 1000 years and has a very homogeneous culture now. Page is an anglophone nation but also retains widespread use of Ancient Pagian (a language I made up, which I put effort into grammatical consistency, I don't randomly string together words), essentially almost all of the population grows up bilingual.

We have a pagan religion that is still adhered to though are increasingly more secular and atheistic. We are an absolute monarchy, population 165 million. Economically we're comparable IRL to Japan, and then probably akin to the UK or France in terms of military capability.

Current Pagian canon is set about a decade after a Civil War, in which pro-monarchist and anti-monarchist factions fought, the pro-monarchists were victorious and King Daniel has reigned ever since, he is approximately 30 - 32 years old in present day depending on specific timing of the war.

While there is not a lot of political freedom, civil rights are rather advanced, and we are economically moderate but lean more towards capitalist than socialist.

Not a whole lot left to say, read the factbook.
And in short, we aren't really a superpower, nor would we act as world police, but we are in vulgar terms, not to be fucked with.
If you read my RP's though you will see I care more about story than "winning"


RP credentials:

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=page ... k/id=67804


Sounds pretty good so far.

Your geography can certainly be kept. If you have any sketchs or maps or anything, I can add it to the region map more easily.

So, region ICwise, given your influences, you seem like you might take after immigrants from Corda (Celtic and Anglican) and Aqiz's yet to be named Gothic nation (Germanic), forever and a day ago.

Sounds like just the type of RPer we want. Welcome to the club!


There's also Bafuria's vikings who will be fleeing a Thervingi invasion (finally got the denonym, now I just need a country name).
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.


Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.


Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.


Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...


Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

User avatar
Nua Corda
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:Is a Switzerland analogue still up for grabs?

The RP nation I wished to use is supposed to be heavily based on Switzerland and Finland, only not landlocked like the former.


Certainly.

Also, just going to dibs a couple things;

10mm Auto is mine. Except it's called 10mm AC, or 10mm Ard-Cumhacht (High-Power) and was invented in '82 because special forces bitched about the 8mm Cordian being too hard to suppress. So, 10mm AC is necked up 8mm Cordian, rather than the other way 'round. And it's still rather hard to suppress.

So are the SMLE (RP-1888/RP-1898) and the Webley (PP-1887) (mine, that is, not hard to suppress). I might end up making an SA80 analog too, probably a bullpup'd ART-64 that was only really used by special forces (or maybe the Home Defense Corps, which would mean scrapping the RT-95).

But I need someone else to create the .280 British, which I want to become NACO's standard battle round, with me poo-pooing it and sticking to 7x42mm SPAC and 7x55mm Cordian.
Last edited by Nua Corda on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

User avatar
Bafuria
Senator
 
Posts: 4200
Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 pm

It won't be easy to fit Page's country on the map without cutting a big chunk out of Siberia or North America.

Also, my country will be called Normania.
Last edited by Bafuria on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

User avatar
Page
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10527
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Bafuria wrote:It won't be easy to fit Page's country on the map without cutting a big chunk out of Siberia or North America.


Where is this map anyway?

I thought it was going to be made from scratch, not Earth based.
I am a libertarian socialist.
I am ungovernable.
I owe no allegiance to any state.
I am bound to my conscience, not to the law.
I stand for liberty, justice, and peace.

User avatar
Nua Corda
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Page wrote:
Bafuria wrote:It won't be easy to fit Page's country on the map without cutting a big chunk out of Siberia or North America.


Where is this map anyway?

I thought it was going to be made from scratch, not Earth based.


I'm currently drawing it. Bamboo Tablet is being a turd, or I'd have it done sooner.
Last edited by Nua Corda on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

User avatar
Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12163
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Page wrote:
Where is this map anyway?

I thought it was going to be made from scratch, not Earth based.


I'm currently drawing it. Bamboo Tablet is being a turd, or I'd have it done sooner.


Wait, are alt Earth or a new region completely?
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.


Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.


Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.


Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...


Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

User avatar
Nua Corda
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:
I'm currently drawing it. Bamboo Tablet is being a turd, or I'd have it done sooner.


Wait, are alt Earth or a new region completely?


Image

Keep in mind this is a rough-ass map. I'll smooth it out and add detail as people send me maps of their nations.

The red is claimed land, specifically New Corda.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Can you add me to that map using the Lanos map I got please? Also, I'd be willing to create .280 British as .280 Lanos (given that I intend on joining NACO in 1965) though I'm keeping .45 ACP no matter what you say.

I do have a RP suggestion if you guys are up for listening to it.

User avatar
Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12163
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
Wait, are alt Earth or a new region completely?


Image

Keep in mind this is a rough-ass map. I'll smooth it out and add detail as people send me maps of their nations.

The red is claimed land, specifically New Corda.


Ah, I see.

I don't have access to a computer right now, so do you think you could please colour the general area of Scandinavian in for me (preferably in a bruised blue/black colour)?
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.


Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.


Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.


Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...


Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

User avatar
Nua Corda
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Can you add me to that map using the Lanos map I got please? Also, I'd be willing to create .280 British as .280 Lanos (given that I intend on joining NACO in 1965) though I'm keeping .45 ACP no matter what you say.

I do have a RP suggestion if you guys are up for listening to it.


I'll get to that probably tomorrow. Running out of battery on the computer with Flash.

I was thinking the first RP would be either an international summit to get to know all the major players (ambassadors, leaders and the like), or the Great Desert War, an alternate Gulf War that spiraled out of control. But we need middle eastern nations for that, and just more nations in general. Let's wait to plan RPs until the map is filled.

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:
Image

Keep in mind this is a rough-ass map. I'll smooth it out and add detail as people send me maps of their nations.

The red is claimed land, specifically New Corda.


Ah, I see.

I don't have access to a computer right now, so do you think you could please colour the general area of Scandinavian in for me (preferably in a bruised blue/black colour)?


Will you be able to sketch out what you want in more detail and send it to me by this time tomorrow?
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads