NATION

PASSWORD

11th World Hit Festival - IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Reserved for Euskal commentary.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Calimera II » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Calimeran Coverage I

Santiago: Welcome everyone to the 11th edition of the World Hit Festival!
Carolina: We are Santiago and Carolina, and we hope you enjoy the show of tonight!

1. Kishrael
S: That was OK, I asume..
C: Yea, I'm sure it will get some votes, but the problem is, I didn't feel the energy of the song, you know?
S: Could be, sure, I had the same. She had a mighty voice. But I just think she didn't express her feelings in a 'correct' way.
S: Well, next...

2.Lymantatia
C: *bitchy attitude* If I could I would slap that bitch so hard, that she will never return to an edition of the World Hit Festival!
S: I'm sorry, but this was just a disgrace. WE ALL HATE YOU DANAE!!
C: Yes we do, and the part I liked to most was the end, when she stopped singing.
S: Don't vote for DANAE, just don't. It's just better if we forget her.. Next song, please!

3. Polkopia

S: Quite nice, it could do quite well among the young Calimeran audience!
C: Votamos Polkopia, dale! Let's vote Polkopia!
S: I don't think it's the worst, but it surely won't end as low as that sheep that sang for Lymantatia! Just look at the bright side of life!
C: That's true Santiago! Let's see what the next song brings us!
4. Ultimate Evil

S: They have some 'technical' problems and will perform later.
C: That's better I think, otherwise a part of the audience die before they can actually vote.
S: Yea... I think we Calimerans are just crazy, we voted for them last time!
C: They got 1 point from us, and I regret it. Because we all supported that Voldemort look-a-like with our one point. And those two whores, killed Agustina during their performance. I mean, she was such a great presenter. And now.. she's gone.
S: Les Prostitutes are such horrible.. horrible, people. *cries*
C: Let's enjoy the next act quickly, before les prostitutes appear on stage, and kill us.

TBC

Groteberg
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Groteberg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:Reserved for Euskal commentary.

P.S.: Folkand, please request a deletion of Groteberg's post. It violates the rules of WHF, and since you're the OP, you're in charge of the job. A warning has already been issued but the owner of the nation payed no attention. As such, the next song should be numbered 15; and the one after that, 19.

OOC: Nevermind, I'll be withdrawing ICly and OOCly.
Lymantatia's third puppet.
GOS Daily News

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Song Title: You are the Sexy
Artist: The Dimensions:

Feldt Grace-Dyllandy
Soran Zayn Raberba (سوران زين رباربا)
Ribbons Payne
Charles Psy(載 載西, Zài Zài-Xi)
Relena Yamato (大和 リリーナ, Yamato Rirīna)
Tune: Instrumental of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo76J3ajswo
All you beautiful ladies in the house!
You are the sexy...sexy...sexy
Yeah, I don't know about you, but its time for some love making...yeah!
Pretty ladies!
Put your hands up if you want to lose your V!

In the club doin' some shots, a pretty girl I saw had hair like a fox
Tits out of this word, even said Spock.
Booty like a peach and a cushion doin' karate chops
With a drink, she got down low

enge Jeans, Tätowierung 'cause I'm Rock'n'Roll

哇, 我正在有很多妓女, 我做爱!
私は死神の力を持っている!
おれ達はrock! Yeah be be players that be trippin'
in the places wear you youngsters are forbidden

你没做爱 get the fuck out the club
你没有 style get the fuck out the club
你不是 swinger get the fuck out the club

We're fucking in 4 dimensions, it's comin' up
To the w
To the y
To the x
AND TO THE Z!
*Feldt and Relena thrust their hips toward's eachother*

the sexy
You are the sexy
are the sexy
you you are
you are the sexy
You are the sexy
are the sexy
you you are
you are the sexy
Heh, it is comin'
you you are
you are the sexy
*All fall to the ground*

*They body pop themselves up*
Ich bin ein Mädchen, das ruhig aussieht, spielt aber wenn sie spielt
Ich bin ein Mädchen, das ihr Haar ablegt, wenn die richtige Zeit gekommen ist
Ich bin ein Mädchen, das sich deckt, ist aber mehr sexy als ein Mädchen, das alles entblößt
Ich bin ein SensAble Mädchen
哇, 我正在有很多妓女, 我做爱!
私は死神の力を持っている!
おれ達はrock! Yeah be be players that be trippin'
in the places wear you youngsters are forbidden

你没做爱 get the fuck out the club
你没有 style get the fuck out the club
你不是 swinger get the fuck out the club

We're fucking in 4 dimensions, it's comin' up
To the w
To the y
To the x
AND TO THE Z!
*Feldt and Relena thrust their hips toward's eachother*

the sexy
You are the sexy
are the sexy
you you are
you are the sexy
You are the sexy
are the sexy
you you are
you are the sexy
Heh, it is comin'
you you are
you are the sexy
FUCK YEAH!
Last edited by Chinese Regions on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Artsakhestan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Artsakhestan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm

19. Artsakhestan
"Զան Խենբոր" by Lilu Hovsepyan
Language: Armenian, Kilikian Creole
Written by: Lilu Hovsepyan
Composed by: Emmy Bejanyan
Title Transcription: Zan Khenbor
Title Translation: It Is Crazy
Tune: Here (Akh by Lilit Hovhannisyan)

Song Intro: After being chosen through a national final, Lilu Hovsepyan is ready to rock the stage in the name of Artsakhestan. Her song was inspired by a relation she had where her ex-boyfriend was...... well, not the best thing. The pop song is inspired by some clubhouse and dance beats, with some violin strings and drum bits thrown in as well. She has a lot of experience in dancing and singing at the same time; something that comes in handy in such a dynamic and fast-paced song like this one.

Lilu Hovsepyan has had enough rehearsals in order to feel 1005 confident about her act, her song, and herself. On stage, there will be five people: four female dancers and Lilu. They will appear (and be dressed) like we can see in THIS IMAGE. The performance they'll do is basically a dance that matches the lyrics and beat of the song (OOC: in fact, the same choreography as in the video).

The stage is totally dark as the song starts, but then a blue light coming from several spotlights starts to flood the stage; as the five women rise from the floor (they began the song crouching) and making an empowering pose.
Mi, yerku or (One, two days)
Yerek’ kam nuynisk (Or even three days)
Da sharunakvum e (And it goes on)

Bayts du, bayts du (But you, but you)
Duk' voch'inch' (Do nothing)
E dadarets’nel ayn (To stop it)

Yes ch'em, yes ch'em (I do not, I do not)
Karik' hegheghë (Need a flood)
Yen keghts (Of fake tears)

Arts'unk'...nerov (Nor do I need)
Voch el keghts tsiatsan (A rainbow of)
Hacheli zhpitneri (False smiles)

Kartsum es vor yes hamr (You think that I'm dumb)
Bayts' yes shat khelats'i (But I'm much smarter)
E k'an du (Than you)
Yes gitem vor k'o khaghë (I know your game)

Yev yes ch'e-em karogh (And I am not going to)
Karogh khabeut'yamb (Not going to be tricked)
Akh, voch' (Oh, no)

The lights change in the whole arena, and now they are in a kind of yellow (as in the video) in the way of a spotlight behind the girls. Their moves are very marked, confident and strong; and the background screen displays an animation of several purple and pink tones. (OOC: Remember, the choreography is the same as in the video)
Aaaakh, voch' (Ooooooooh, no)
Ni m'enkum dzer shalok (I will not fall in your trap)
Inti dar wis miamik (You're way too naïve)
U kell jua hach anewit (And I also know what to do)
Za, za, zan khenbor (It, it, it is crazy)
Ooooooh, bor (Oh, so much)
Zha chun til telfaghik (It won't be too long before your defeat)
He, he, lit hachakh (And then, and then, you'll see my smile)

The new part of the song begins with a light and fog change, and with the girls walking towards the front part of the stage with a lot of parsimony at first, but then with a quick clear move. Lilu is smiling all the way (as in the video), because she feels happy that she's defeating her ex-boyfriend's strategies and games.
Inch'u, inch'u (Why, why)
Yeeek' kartsum (Do you think)
Vor ch'em herrana (I won't leave)

Ayn tevum e hazar (It takes a thousand)
T'mranyut'yer mnal (Drugs to stay)
Ays apastaran (In this asylum)

Kne-knerek' (So-sorry)
Bayts' yes ch'em (But I will not)
Karogh dzer tiknik (Be your toy)

Yes-ch'i-dimadrel (I will not withstand)
Dzer ch'ar gerazant'sut'yan (Your evil superiority)
Ts'ankut'yunnerë (Desires)

The light set is now blue, but the dance continues with a lot of professionalism (OOC: check out the choreography of the video). Thanks to her experience, the fact Lilu's dancing remains unnoticed in her vocal performance.
E k'an du (Than you)

Akh, voch' (Oh, no)

Strobe lights and more fog open up the way to the chorus. The camera is panning all over the stage, and in fact, this act is using the most cameras of the night: from the roof, the floor, the sides, the audience, etc.

The rhythm changes, and now back-up vocalists appear on the toes of the scenario. They look at Lilu as they sing and viceversa. Now the lighting is a bit more yellow-y and glow-y.
(Kartsum es vor yes hamr)
Kartsum es vor yes haaaaaaamër (You think that I'm dumb)
(Kartsum es vor yes hamr)
Kartsum es vor yes haaaaaaamër (You think that I'm dumb)

E k'an du (Than you)

Aaaaaakh, voch' (Oh, no)

There's now like a tiny vocal duel between Lilu and her back-up singers, again, looking at each other. But this time, Lilu tries to incorporate the audience into the song (as in the video). The dancers keep on doing their routine behind her as well.
Aaaaaakh
(Aaaaaakh)
Aaaaaakh
(Aaaaaakh)
Aaaaaakh
(Aaaaaakh)
Aaaaaa-aaaaaaa-aaaaaakh
(Aaaaaa-aaaaaaa-aaaaaakh)

Now more lights, more moves, and more energy are thrown for the last part of the song. The camera now makes several close-ups on Lilu's face as she sings because she's gesturing almost every word she says. (OOC: Again, same choreography as in the video).

He, he, lit.... (And then, and then, you'll see my)

She finishes with a last long note as she walks to the back of the stage.
Hachaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakh (smile)

Pyros explode all over the arena, and the audience's applause and cheers are heard. She shouts to the sky (now with the only breath she's got left), before leaving the stage:
Shnorhakalut'yun everyone!
Last edited by Artsakhestan on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Capital City: Ստեփանարվաշաթ (Step'anarvashat) - Population: 110,253,122 - Official Languages: Armenian, Kilikian Creole
Demonym: Artsakhiani - Code: AKH - An Artsakhiani Dance - A Postcard From Our Capital - WHF & WV entries

Puppet of Euskirribakondara

Free Lands Center
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Lands Center » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:05 pm

20. Free Lands Center
"How Can It Be, Comrade?" by Ainhoa Barritz
Language: English
Written by: Ainhoa Barritz, Ebrorendonostian Artists In-Exile Guild
Composed by: Ainhoa Barritz, Ebrorendonostian Artists In-Exile Guild
Tune: Here (S'Jemi Më Atje by Kejsi Tola)

Song Intro: Free Lands Center can be defined as "a land without government: a buffer zone that has existed since 1900. It is the home of expats and nature-loving hippies". And Ebrorendonostia, on the other hand, is the authoritarian communist dystopia of Northern Flegavia that has been in a state of shock and war against the outer world since its creation. Its leader, Jalda Exerdó, nicknamed 'the Comrade' is responsible for the death and torture of many Ebrorendonostians, which has caused the million attempts of fleeing we've seen in the Ebrorendonostian border. Most of them end up in Free Lands Center, like Ainhoa Barritz and her friends. From this side, "the other side", they want to dedicate a song to the comrade... A song that once and for all tells him that he's killing his own country.

Ainhoa Barritz was ready to perform behold the world. She knew it would be hard, as just even writing this song meant a flood of tears coming out her eyes. But she needed to give a voice for her people, her nation. "Idle no more.... silent no more", she kept repeating to herself. It would be a very simple performance for two reasons: Free Lands Center practically had no money; and secondly, the most important thing about the song was the message. Controversially, the chosen language was English, but it was because her message needed to be understood by everyone in the multiverse. And it was also something symbolic: Jalda Exerdó wasn't a very big fan of this "imperialistic" language.

Ainhoa was dressed with this (but in BLACK colour with white trimmings). And on stage there was absolutely nothing. Just a bit of fog in the floor, to add that special touch to the performance. And then, the song started.

Many spotlights were on, and they formed a way between the back of the stage and the front, where a microphone stood. Ainhoa walked this 'path', and began to sing in front of the microphone as she closed her eyes. The camera was practically static, but (even with her eyes closed), Ainhoa was very dramatic and her gestures helped convey the message she had in her song. As the tune itself was quite "orchestratic", it added a lot of strength to the song. This first verse made a reference to an Ebrorendonostian idiom which says "jada 100 urtetan gauza bera bizi izan dugu" (we've lived 100 years the same thing): a metaphor on the seemingly ever-lasting power of the Communist Party.
It became my nightmare
That century of despair
That we've lived, you and me

The song continued, and the background screen turned on. It began showing hungry kids in a line for food in an Ebrorendonostian city. Then, the image faded and showed the buffet that Jalda Exerdó had every night for dinner.
But it was different for both
My childhood was so cold
And your life, luxurious is

Now, the images show the Palace of Jalda Exerdó being built. Many people are crying, and the suffering is easily visible.. But the commanders of the Army just keep forcing them to build as fast as they can. Some others are even whipping the workers.
You… Live in a palace built from tears
From tortures and dark debris
We can see

A close-up of Ainhoa's face was made for the bridge... And both her eyes and mouth showed the world that these words were on purpose; very serious. She had this angry image like "I don't want to live this anymore" or "Face the truth!". The camera actually pans from left to right, adding movement to the image. For the last sentence, her words help "dividing" the words she sings, which in fact match the divisions of the backtrack.
Why must we follow your lead?
Why don't we have something ahead…
A future, without, this?

The chorus kicked in and she began showcasing her amazing voice. On each long note, a steadicam would spin around her to make a very interesting, involving shot. Her words were marked by a real feeling behind: between anger, desperation and a will to change things. The background image began showing images of Jalda Exerdó saluting his army; and a military parade (with lots of troops and missiles, of course). The most shocking image is when a tank crushes a doll that a girl had accidentally left behind. In fact, this sequence is shown in low-motion.
How can it be, comraaaade?
How can it be we're dying, and you've been just lying?
We'll no longer stand it, we'll no longer be silent
No, we just won't, comrade

The spotlights "opened up" towards the audience, and then came back to the stage as Ainhoa pulled her hair and said...
We just won't, comrade

Ainhoa's expressions were even stronger now, and the background screen showed dry crop fields in Ebrorendonostia, and people in advanced state of malnutrition. Then, the image is of a person begging the comrade to give him food, whilst the comrade just walks by.
Famines are taking over
And you don't even bother
You think we, are just playthings

There's now a sequence of images showing very contaminating places near residential areas... nuclear power plants, mines, industries or even water treatment plants. Then, a sequence of images of the houses in Ebrorendonostia (almost all of them are quite underdeveloped and poor) and mass funerals in Ebrorendonostia (which symbolizes the sad fact that every family of the country has at least one tortured-to-death loved one to mourn).
And you're rich no matter what
Even when we do not have
Anything or anyone

Now, the images show the beautiful downtown of Donosta, the capital of the country, during a food and music festival (which is obviously just attended by the Communist Party), and then zoom out to reveal the very poor and sad outskirts of the city... Where's there's no music or food.
You… Eat and sleep just like a king
Besides, our barren homes; a sin
That you commit

A new close-up of Ainhoa's face was made for the second bridge... And both her eyes and mouth showed the world that these words were on purpose; very serious. She had this angry image like "I don't want to live this anymore" or "Face the truth!". The camera actually pans from left to right, adding movement to the image. For the last sentence, her words help "dividing" the words she sings, which in fact match the divisions of the backtrack.
Why must we follow your lead?
Why don't we have something ahead…
A future, without, this?

The chorus kicked in again for her to showcase her amazing voice. On each long note, a steadicam would spin around her to make a very interesting, involving shot. Her words were marked by a real feeling behind: between anger, desperation and a will to change things. The background image began showing images of the schools of Ebrorendonostia (which barely have chairs and boards, but are totally filled with propaganda) and a famous video of Jalda Exerdó not answering to press questions during a press conference.
There is no education, you give no explanations
We will no longer hold this, we just won't be idle

The fog is now all over the stage and it looks even darker and creepier than before. The sequence of images in the back is now changing faster, and it now shows more sad and violent things of the country: the jails, the torturing devices, the en masse funerals, the military parades and propaganda; and the war.
How can it be we're crying, and that just gets you laughing?
No, we just won't, comraaaaaaaaaaade

Ainhoa starts to cry but that doesn't stop her from making a perfect vocal performance at this point, that melts with the guitar solo so amazingly right.
No, no, no, nooooooo……

The images in the back are now a merger between the Ebrorendonostian flag and images of revolutions that have happened in history. The strobe lights are now all over; and the rapid sequence of images... It's all so dynamic and strong, that many in the audience can't even look directly at the stage. But they are all feeling the song just like Ainhoa is feeling it.
How can it be we're dying, and you've been just lying?
No, we just won't, comraaaaaaaaade

Fire pyros come out of everywhere, and Ainhoa finishes with this phrase... Looking right at the cameras, and still with tears rolling down her face:
It is time for a change....

Then, the arena remained quiet for a few seconds before it erupted in massive cheers for Ainhoa and the revolution she had just started. The flags couldn't stop waving, and after calming down, she said to the microphone...

For Ebrorendonostia, and for the world
Because nobody deserves this kind of life we have down there

The lights went down, as it was the turn of Skanden.
Last edited by Free Lands Center on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Skanden
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Skanden » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm

21 Skanden
Du, by Nicholas Bergen
Based on Disney Girls - Alexander Rybak
This song was actually a single that was supposed to be released after WHF11. The song was inspired by Bergen's bisexual friend, who told Bergen his life story. The song is sung from his perspective.

Beforehand, OOCly, apologies for my bad Swedish, since I'm only a beginner. Now, only the left side of the stage is lit, with the other side being completely dark. On that side, there is a white bench where he (Bergen) sits. The background depicts a meadow (with the horizon being low, so it's mostly sky). There's a 'sun' which is a large, round, bright circle and is the brightest object in the background, which looks a bit like this, though the sun is on the right side of the background. The song begins.
Nu, idag
Tja, här är jag
Ensam och trist
Tänker sig av vår minnen
Ja, han och mig

Hoppa mig, att han är nu
Friska och glad
Men utan veta
Vad tänker han
Just nu

Now, today
Well, here's me, alone and sad
Thinking of our memories
Yes, him and I

I hope he's now well and happy
But without knowing what he's thinking right now

Nicholas gets up and walks towards the right side of the stage. The sun follows, slowly moving towards the left as he moves to the right.

Men tiden, det passerar
Och allting ändra
I vår lilla värld
När allting händer
Så snabb

But time passes and everything changes in our little world, where everything happens so quickly.

He gets there and it lights up, leaving the left side dark and the right fully lit. There's another white bench, this time it has a blue balloon on it.

Medan hon
Ja, hon och mig
Var bästa vänn'r
Allt ändrats
När hon vet
Jag älskade hon

Hon, som söt
Lämnade mig
Tills jag vet inte när
Ändå hoppas jag
Att igen kan vi
Bli tillsammans

While she -yes, she and I- were best friends
Everything changed when she knew I loved her

She (who's pretty) has left me until I don't know when
Yet I still hope that we can be together again

TO BE FURTHER UPDATED

If I don't ever finish it, here's what's supposed to happen. Lyrically, Nicholas sings about how much the singer wants to be with "du" ("you", except it's not specified who "you" is, it could be either the girl or the boy). The feel of the song is supposed to provoke longing/yearning, or "saudade" to the audience.
Last edited by Skanden on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm

22. Euskirribakondara
"Fú L'Historia del Vero" by Juliana Vardell
Language: Aranese, Euskara, Polish
Written by: Beatrice Giannitrapani, Juliana Vardell
Composed by: Lucio Fabbri, Beatrice Giannitrapani
Title Translation: It Was The Story Of My Life
Tune: Here (In Punta di Piedi by Nathalie)

OOC: The description of the performance takes into account how the stage is, as established in this post and this image. Several references will be made. Enjoy!

Song Intro: After some problems prevented Gwerder from performing his song "Zwarte Schoenen", EUSK1 appointed Juliana Vardell, an Euskirribakondaran citizen born in the Colony of Valdaranes, as the new representative of the country. EUSK1 explained that they wanted to do a homage to the Aranese language and its lyrical trait. Since 2013, Euskirribakondara made a massive reform on the two main languages of the country, Aranese and Euskal to equate them to the international variants of Euskara and Catalan. As such, Aranese will gradually disappear, making way for Catalan to stay. This, will probably be the last Euskirribakondaran song in Aranese.... And that's exactly why EUSK1 chose it for the 11th World Hit Festival.

Juliana Vardell, a beautiful 19-year-old emerging artist from the city of Nou Aranes, was ready to give her best in the contest. Euskirribakondara had never been outside the top 6, and in fact, since WHF6 it has always come either first or second. She needed that amount of success. And not for her, really. She wanted to give an amazing present to her country, and her native language. She, as many other Aranese-speakers would have to switch to Catalan ortography and vocabulary... Not a big change. But a very significant one. This song wouldn't be the same in Catalan, and thus, it needed to be performed in the best way ever possible to mark the farewell of Aranese.

Like other broadcasters, EUSK1 first felt that the stage of Ceso was going to be too small for the performances, but then they saw an advantage: it would make ballads (like this one) feel much more intimate. Just as usual, the Euskirribakondaran delegation would use as many effects as possible. In this case, wind and fog machines were suited for the occasion. Dim lights as well, and almost no pyros.. Just that showery golden one. And a beatiful black and golden grand piano.

As the possibility of having twenty-two people on stage (following Euskal superstition) rapidly flew away with the size of the stage, they would go for another special number: eight. Juliana would be in the center of the stage with her piano, whilst five instrument players would be on the 'toes' of the stage. Each one on each toe: two with violins, another one with a snaredrum, another one with a double bass, and a last one with an old-fashioned electric guitar that somehow matched the other instruments' appearance. Lastly, there would be two dancers (to complete eight people on stage), one male and one female, standing in each one of the round platforms that are located on the sides of the stage (they'd have strings attached, but they're almost invisible.... unnoticeable).

The instrument players were dressed like this (with that make-up and earrings as well); whilst the two dancers would be dressed like this. Juliana, was like this, even with her trademark black gloves!

The stage was totally dark, and the delegation of Skanden had already cleared the stage. As the Euskirribakondaran postcard was being shown, the Folkandish staff placed the instruments in their positions and helped everyone go to their place. In a matter of second, everything was ready. Juliana was a bit nervous..... Such a huge performance was obviously not an everyday thing. At least not for her. And then, the central spotlight shone over the piano, gradually lighting up. The people was going crazy, and many shouts of support for Euskirribakondara and Juliana were already being heard. She walked towards the piano and sat. The people stopped talking and silence took over. Then, her fingers played the first notes of the song.

As she played, two other spotlights, each one over each side-platform of the stage began lighting up the platforms, that had the dancers on top, totally frozen... As statues on a complicated ballet-like pose. They increased their power until the dancers were fully revealed. In that precise moment, it was the time for Juliana to start singing with her gentle, enchanting voice. The frontal camera showed her playing and singing, and the dancers on her side/back, slowly rotating (thanks to a rotating platform below them).
Fú l'historia del vero (It was the story of my life)
Aguardaba à freata el destino (Impatiently awaiting the fate)
L'amore (The love)
A quèm praga? (Catches who?)
M'aguardaba (It was waiting for me)
En el corné…… (Right in the next corner)

The snare drum rolled, and suddenly the toes illuminated in a golden colour. They revealed the five golden instrument players, and a little 'ooh' came out of the audience. The dancers had stopped rotating, and now they were slowly "coming to life", with small artistic movements a second at a time. The view on the screens was now switching between takes of the instruments, Juliana and steadicam-takes around the dancers. The background screen was still dark, and some dim orange-ish lights began to shine over the audience of the Achilles Arena. In the last two sentences of this stranza, the two dancers look at each other for a second, before turning around and crying a bit.
Milion de sentimèns (A million feelings)
Crosaba el mens, de questa feme (Were crossing through the mind of this girl)
Com el día (Like the day)
Que jo te veía, nula vece prima (In which I saw you for what was not the first time)
Quand la cobartía, fú l'ampesta à corte (When cowardness, was the tinder of the end)
La cortat d'amore, le ar del foq sole (And the breaking up, was the road to nowhere*)
Et tudus ploran… (Everyone cries…)
Ca tudus aman… (Since everyone loves…)

*Idiom that literally means "like the air for the sunrays"

The whole stage illuminated completely with yellowish lights, and the background screen began showing the shadows of the dancers (it was actually a pre-recorded video, but after so many rehearsals the optical illusion was that the screen was displaying the shadows of the dancers, who were moving exactly like that in the round stage-side platforms). They began a contemporary dance routine in which their only contact was visual, but was so strong and moving, that it immediately captivated the whole audience. The cameras are, of course, focusing on this for the moment. Juliana just keeps singing and playing her piano in a very virtuoso way: she definitely feels every line, and conveys that message to the audience. And the wind machines are over the dancers, adding a bit more 'mysticism' and 'flow' to the dance.
Les andares sont (The many paths through life)
Nela vita com poq (Are, as minimum)
Ùm cant à la xida (A song rushing away)
Ùm grit à ver-me emfortare (A shout for my own empowerment)
Et ses notes (And its notes)
Sont la partida dels nous camines (Are the startpoint for new roads)
Qui m'emprontarán em distanzes (That will take me to the distance)
Ell qalor dels teus levres (The warmth of your lips)
Ve-me apartar-me (Is watching me going away)
Dels teus recordes (From my memories of you)
Qui já non precisooooooooooooooooo (Memories I don't need anymore)

The background screen went dark; and that last long note had showcased how gentle and soft could Juliana's voice be, not losing her touch and right tune. During the long note, a panoramic/roof camera pivoted around Juliana, who was singing and looking upwards as she played the piano. It was, in turn, a very beautiful image. Then, the cameras went to the violin players, zooming in the strings as they were touched by fiddlestick. So natural and beautiful. EUSK1 was nailing it.

Then, the whole stage lighting would change, and now it would just be a white light coming from the floor right beneath Juliana and her piano. The dancers began to fly in the air, dancing, as she sang the first sentence of the next stranza; but then, in the second sentence, the guitar earns more power, and that also marks the release of those showery pyros above the stage. They are orange-y golden-ish, and they are strong enough to illuminate the stage all by themselves. Meanwhile, the cameras take beautiful shots of this, as the shower forms an amazing halo around Juliana, who keeps getting better every second. The camera was now showing a sepia video of someone reaching the top of a mountain, overlooking a unique sunrise.
Et les camines (And the paths)
Qui m'emprontarán als zimes (That will take me to the top)
Dellas nous montagnas (Of those new mountains)
Non saverant que jo mi prendo (Will not know that I keep asking myself)
Se devo voltar (If I should return)
Ritornare, me-oblidare (Go back to the past, forget about myself)
Se podré reconstruir (If I'd be able to rebuild...)
Ma ma mens me tararái (Now my mind is humming me)

The showery pyros stopped. A new long note came, and the background screen changed... It was now displaying THIS. A fog machine and a wind machine were being used together in order to create a halo of thin white smoke around Juliana as she sang. A camera went around Juliana as she sang this; one could see the passion she felt when singing.
Caaaaaaaaaaaaant (A sooooooooong)

She kicked in these verses with even more strength, and now the dancers met in the air, above Juliana, and her now making a complex dance together. They looked something like the 'yin and yang'... A constant movement in which each one complemented each other. The background screen was now showing a golden/sepia landscape, with a girl (actually Juliana) running towards the sun.
Et ses notes (And its notes)
Sont la partida dels nous camines (Are the startpoint for new roads)
Qui m'emprontarán em distanzes (That will take me to the distance)
Ell qalor dels teus levres (The warmth of your lips)
Ve-me apartar-me (Is watching me going away)
Dels teus recordes (From my memories of you)
Qui já non precisooooooooooo (Memories I don't need anymore)

That had been another long note, and the audience cheered again, after all, most of them were Flegavians. Now, the song would switch to Euskara, but the purity of Juliana's voice would remain the same. The dancers were slowly descending (they would land in the piano afterwards); and the instrument players were now playing with even more 'feeling'.
Gure maita- (I remember)
Suneko urrezko (The golden)
Uneak gogoratzen (Moments of our)
Ditut, etoooooooo (Love, and)

For the last very long note, the showery pyros came out again, the fog and wind were out; and the dancers were right above Juliana. She began to look upwards and sing; and the dancers were making a circle around her (like this (but with just two people)); and they spinned in a medium speed. It looked magical from the roof camera, used at the moment.
Ez dakit zu ni gabe uzterik (I don't know if leaving myself without you)
Edo ni zu gabe uztea (I don't know if leaving myself without me)
Joango naaaaa……… (I will le...)
aaaaiz…… (Leeeave...)

The dancers then landed in the piano, as Juliana stood up. The song would finish in a Polish, rhyming phrase to please the local audience. She sung it almost like a whisper... But the most beautiful of it all.
Nowa ścieżka dla mnie czeka (A new path awaits for me)

Then the crowd stood up and applauded and cheered the masterpiece of Juliana. The Euskirribakondaran flags could not stop waving, and the Euskal fans were happier than ever, and that no one else that night, in that specific moment. The eight on stage made a bow and Juliana said to the microphone....

Eskerrik Asko Euskirribakondara! Moltes Graciès Euskirribakondara!
Dziękuję Ceso!

In fact, she had practiced the last words a lot of times; in order to do the Polish nasal vowels like a pro. And so she did. She sent a kiss to the audience before leaving to the greenroom... With the biggest smile ever.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Mediterra
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterra » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 pm

23 - Mediterra - Mediterranija
"Alegra"

Performed by Saskia
Melody (One Night Lover by Rossa)

Saskia, finally being able to follow her cousin's footsteps and represent her country at the World Hit Festival, wears a blue and black dress. She certainly hopes to repeat her cousin's success. Saskia stands still and alone on the darkened stage, illuminated by blue lights similar to her dress.
Det luna hab komt, önt hijr är ik för nö
Alajnë, ik taktër för en sabat
Den sit hab alla, ber kän är allkan nasmeh
Allkan felër vesa
The moon as risen and here I am now - alone, waiting for a friend
This city has everything, but there's something odd
Something feels wrong

Female backing dancers appear from the darkness behind and, well, dance behind Saskia, who's body is loosening.

Mek min sabat telfonër mik
Ser dann sji kan nåt kom ninat
Så ik hab en drink i en cafe önt bar
Önt ik ser it det bartender:
Then my friend calls me
She says she can't come tonight
So I have a drink in a cafe-bar and I tell the bartender:

As the song builds to the chorus, the stage is fully illuminated (with the same blue lights), just as the chorus is about to start.

Poslun it mik
Ven ik ser dann den musika är
Alegra
Listen to me when I say that the music's loud

TO BE FURTHER UPDATED

If I don't ever finish it, what's supposed to happen is mostly like the performance of Lerika's Sensatsiya; dancers are behind the singer, who moves around the stage but doesn't dance herself. This is until the 'rap' part (in Alegra there's no rap, just a break) where Saskia join her dancers and she goes back to singing again until the end of the song.
Last edited by Mediterra on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

Anglo-Britainia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-Britainia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Anglo-Britannian entry:
You want to know me?
by
W35T CR3W (West Crew)
Mike Morris McDonald aka MC Triple-M
Isambard Iskandar Ismail aka Triple-Izzy
Omar Osman Oliver O'donnel aka DJ PentagO
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB4_-w1vXm8
You don't know me, did you just call me Sonny?
You have no right to judge me when you are just as guilty
pack your shit up and run away
we don't need your hateful shit today!

They got the right to join fight but
so they can make our pocket's light
They say I got the ganja, and I'm a public interruption
But they got their 'juana it's called corruption

Search through my ride looking for the dope
It's just candy so I have high hopes?
Wrong, they're the one's that plant the seeds.
What's in the earth also in the car? Weed.

In your home or in your car
lookin' for some product
It ain't just the fed's y'all
be vigilant
Don't let bigots use false evidence

What' just because I'm blanco
I can't ride with negro?
Amirillo or even rojo?
You don't know me, you ain't got a clue
the only bad influence is bigots like you!

Getting an occupation, ready for an interview
got my diplomas, validations, looking at the view
outside! Thank god I didn't drop out of education.
I'm glad I have justifcation

Then a dude who's lighter in tone got the deal like cheetah
but he didn't even know how to phone a pizza
And I lent him my phone dawg, but he ain't the fracture

That's establishment, all you homies out there better watch' ya
Back! And eachothers don't let them put you down
regardless of whether you are white or brown

Fuck you police putin' my head straight to the ground
says I belong with the dirt cause I'm brown.
Got banged up, could be hanged up you know what they do
But that was just in the pig's whip, so fuck you!

Establishment asked us for a statement
We gave our best but them fuckers were just incompetent
With replaced confectionary led us to the penitentiary

This is BS, yeah what fuckery
Last edited by Anglo-Britainia on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Anollasia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anollasia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm

4. Anollasia
The Bernsters- All I Want Is Love

OOC: Number 4, due to Euskirribakondara's request.
Artsakhestan wrote:Due to TUE's withdrawal, and in order to not mess up numbering again; the Anollasian song (currently number 25) will be numbered FOUR (4), and the other songs stay with the numbers they have. Thank you.

P.S.: A message brought to you by Euskirribakondara

Jim Anderson: Electric Guitar, backing vocals
Bernie Anderson: Lead vocals
Arnold Anderson: Drums, cymbals, backing vocals
Mark Anderson: Bass Guitar, backing vocals

All of the band comes onto the stage wearing leather jackets, white shirts, and blue jeans. Bernie walks up to the edge of the stage, microphone in hand. Jim stays next to the drums of Arnold, while Mark does same. There are no lights other than the one shining down on Bernie. He sings quietly and slowly.

As the days go by,
I live happily as can be,
But it feels something is missing.
I don't know what it can be,
I have every fame and fortune,
What else can I possess?
Then one night, in my sleep,
I had dreamed I had seen,
The greatest sight of all,
Love, joy, and peace,
And an angel told me,

Four other lights shine on the members in the back. All of them, but Bernie sings.

''You can have the money, you can have the fame,
But your love will always be in vain.''

The four lights turn off, leaving Bernie's light left. He sings quietly and slowly again.

The next day, I thought,
''Must it be true,
Have I been missing out on all the love, all the joy?''

He pauses, staring at the audience. Then suddenly the whole stage lights up, revealing the other members in the back. Arnold starts drumming, Mark starts playing his bass guitar, Jim starts playing his guitar solo. A loud and fast tempo guitar solo. Bernie starts walking around the stage. But then it gets quiet, and every other noise but sound of Arnold hitting the cymbals quietly, ceased. Suddenly, all of them besides Bernie start singing loudly and in a happy tune.

So, all I want is love!
All I want is love!

Bernie sings,

You can give me all the money,
I won't take it, that's for sure,
Because,

Then all of them sing together.

All I want is love!
All I want is love!

Pass it on!

Then Jim ran to the left side of the stage (the audience's left), on to the higher platform. All lights were turned off leaving only Jim's light. He was playing his guitar solo, a medium tempo one, with medium volume. Then the lights came back on. Bernie sings.

Love can come in any shape or size,
Any colour,
It doesn't have to last long,
As long as it's looooovvvee!
Looooovve!

The lights become different flashing colours. Red, blue, green, you name it. They sing together.

All I want is love!
All I want is love!

Take my money,
Take my fame,
Just bring me pure love!

All I want is love!
All I want is love!
All I want is love!

Doesn't matter what kind of love,
As long as it's pure, as long as it's right!

All I want is love!

Only Bernie sings the next verse.

Love comes in any language!

Then the band continues singing together, while their voices starts to get quieter.

All I want is love!
Tek istedigim ask!
Tell bei istent isir asove!
Tous que je veux est l'amour!
Lo único que quiero es amor!
Ang gusto ko ay pag-ibig!
Tutto quello che voglio è l'amore!
Alles, was ich will, ist Liebe!
קוֹל אַנִי רוֹותֵש אַהַוַה
All I want is love!

Bernie stands at the edge of the stage with his hands up. The audience cheers. The rest of The Bernsters walk away. Bernie says ''Thank you!'', and walks away as well.
Last edited by Anollasia on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

New Warwick
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Commentary for the 11th World Hit Festival presented by NWTV1

Kellen: Welcome back to Ceso, ladies and gentlemen! Let's get right back to the action with our 11th entry!

[11. F.F.R. CHRISTARNEA]

Annika: These are by far the strongest lyrics I've heard tonight.
Max: I wouldn't say by far, but yeah, I think they're better than everything else, and I couldn't even understand half of it! Luckily I read the translations beforehand.
Kellen: I still think Calimera's lyrics were the best so far.
Max: They were definitely great, but the imagery in this song is just heartbreakingly beautiful.
Annika: I'm just more and more impressed with the Former Folkandish nations the more I see of them. They always have such strong entries, and this is no exception.
Max: Definitely. Strong chance to win tonight.
Kellen: For sure. Up next, we have another Former Folkandish Republic.

[12. F.F.R. MACHATAICA]

Annika: I love the violins. Gives it an ethnic kind of sound.
Max: And once again, some really deep lyrics. Another incredible entry.
Kellen: Usually by this point I have at least some inkling of who's going to win, but there's no way to tell this time.
Max: Alright, I'm going to head down to the green room to interview Sara Bloom, so you two, try not to burn the studio down.
Annika: Yeah, that'll be hard, because our next entry is pretty hot.
Kellen: I love your drunken bisexual tendencies.
Annika: Let's go to Rusmailica!

[13. F.F.R. RUSMAILICA]

Annika: That reminded me of the late 90s. Definitely loved it.
Kellen: The lyrics were lovely, but not quite as impressive as the other Folkandish entries so far – this was just your standard love song, albeit very poetically expressed.
Annika: Once again, I could see this doing incredibly well tonight. I just...I think we'll have to stop saying that. Not everyone can do well, though most entries deserve it. I'm assuming this will be a really close contest.
Kellen: Definitely. I mean, I'm not sure who to vote for myself.
Annika: Vote for everyone.
Kellen: No, I limit myself to one vote.
Annika: Why?
Kellen: If everyone votes for everything, we can't really pick a winner, can we.
Annika: No, I guess not, but wow. I've voted for at least half the songs already.
Kellen: Let's keep going, then. This is our last Former Folkandish Republic of the night, and it's the only one I've probably pronounced correctly. Welcome Lapratory!

[14. F.F.R. LAPRATORY]

Annika: Definitely loved the music.
Kellen: Plus this was the only Former Folkandish Republic to feature exclusively English.
Annika: Except, what is Vabank? I don't get it.
Kellen: Yeah, I guess some sort of card game?
Annika: Regardless, I still wasn't as impressed with these lyrics. They were more repetitive than the others, I think, and less poetic.
Kellen: I'll agree with that. So who's next?
Annika: Well, um...it looks like...I thought Groteberg was next?
Kellen: Looks like there's some confusion, let's cut to the green room while it gets sorted out. Are you there, Max?

Max: Hey guys, yeah, I'm here. I'm standing with Sara Bloom, our lovely competitor this year. Tell me, Sara, what was it like to stand in front of this huge crowd?
Sara: It was terrifying, but in a wonderful way. I definitely fed off their energy and gave one of the best performances of my life, I think.
Max: You did indeed rock it.
Sara: Thanks.
Max: So what's it like in the green room?
Sara: As you can see, it's pretty crazy. Lots of partying going on, people running around. AMPER from Christarnea is really funny. I've been hanging out with him and Nazareno from Calimera a lot. Nazareno's a sweetheart.
Max: So it's safe to say you're enjoying your time in Ceso?
Sara: I love it. Everyone here is so friendly.
Max: Who do you think will win tonight?
Sara: Oh man, I have no idea. There's so much talent and drive here tonight, I don't think I could choose.
Max: You were supposed to say us!
Sara: (laughs) I don't know, we'll see!
Max: Alright, thank you so much Sara.
Sara: My pleasure.
Max: Back up to the booth. Annika, Kellen, have things been figured out yet?

Annika: Yeah, looks like Groteberg was disqualified for plagiarism.
Kellen: They stole Hagasvyo's melody from last year.
Annika: Keep it classy, Lymantatia.
Kellen: Groteberg.
Annika: They're all the same.
Kellen: Anyway, looks like our next entry tonight will be from Bloodbath Generation. Don't worry, all the voting information has changed, so if you want to vote for BG, their draw number is 15.

[15. BLOODBATH GENERATION]

Annika: And it looks like the streak of great entries is over.
Kellen: I get it, it's trying to tell a sad story, but the music just makes it sound melodramatic and trite, like they're trying too hard to be so sad, like they think they should be given special attention because they're feeling a little blue today.
Annika: It's not even poetically expressed. It's like, oh I'm not happy right now, might as well off myself.
Kellen: My biggest problem is still with that...music, ugh.
Annika: Moving on, our next entry comes from Suyeshyia. Hope I said that right.

[16. SUYESHYIA]

Kellen: What does a 15-year-old know about changing the world?
Annika: For her age, she does have a pretty impressive voice.
Kellen: The music was a little cheesy, but actually a solid pop song. Just...couldn't they have found someone even three or four years older to sing it?
Annika: Well, up next are our neighbors Hafamarimyht. They've sent something quite different to this year's contest and I really hope it does well.

[17. HAFAMARIMYHT]

Annika: Brilliant. Perfect. I loved that so much.
Kellen: Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that won't resonate at all with the rest of the word.
Annika: I guess we'll see.
Max: Hey, I'm back.
Annika: How's Sara?
Max: Doing well.
Kellen: Good. So, then, let's move on to our next entry. It's Chinese Regions!

[18. CHINESE REGIONS]

Annika: Wow. That's also incredibly similar to Hagasvyo's melody last year.
Kellen: I thought.
Max: I guess it was different enough.
Annika: Hated the lyrics, though. I found them kind of sexist.
Kellen: Not that it excuses it, but most lyrics of this style tend to be at least a little sexist.
Max: I thought it was just fun, though. I bet most of these guys aren't actually sexist.
Kellen: Exactly. The conventions of pop music might cause otherwise intelligent men to toe the line with sexism, even though they'd never consider it in day-to-day life.
Annika: Wow, didn't mean to open up a dissertation here.
Max: Well, you made a good point, and we just kind of built on it.
Annika: Sure. Well. It's time for us to go to a commercial break. We'll be right back to the 11th World Hit Festival in Ceso right after this.
WV23: Underwater, by Rosaline - 18th (44p)
WV24: Nostalgia, by Annika X - 6th (77p)
WV25: Oh Tomorrow (Brand New Lover), by Cynthanie Waldon - 18th (38p)
WV26: At the Partyhouse, by Glass Grenades - 25th (38p)
WV27: Nothing In It, by Lavinia - 20th (56p)
WV28: Into the Fire, by Demelze Brook - 12th (70p)
WV29: Under the Moonlight, by Corey Barton - 4th (109p)
WV30: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 6th (80p)

WHF9: Love, by Carla Rourke - 16th (8p)
WHF10: Stay With You, by Femme Vitale - 21st (4p)
WHF11: All My Life, by Black Daisy - 9th (17p)
WHF12: Nothing Like You, by Natural - 14th (7p)
WHF13: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 3rd (36p)

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:41 pm

01. KISHRAEL
Joseph: How romantic.
Helene: I agree.
02. LYMANTATIA
Joseph: Wow.
Helene: Duh.
03. POLKOPIA
Joseph: I like it.
Helene: Me too.
04. THE ULTIMATE EVIL
Joseph: I must say.
Helene: They're evil.
05. BLANCHAM
Joseph: Dude, quartets rock!
Helene: Or do they?
06. VENASTA
Joseph: Cool!
Helene: I agree with you.
07. NEW WARWICK
Joseph: Boring.
Helene: I agree!
08. CALIMERA
09. FROMULYA
10. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF SAINTRABINA
11. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF CHRISTARNEA
Joseph: A duo?
Helene: How awesome!
12. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF MACHATAICA
13. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF RUSMAILICA
14. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF LAPRATORY
Joseph: Up next is Groteberg! Hello? Where's that duo? And what is that letter doing here? (opens envelope which reads "From Grotebergse Omroep Stichting")
Dear the WHF Committee,
Given the earthquake that happened in January 21, 2013, we hereby declare we will be respectfully withdrawing from the World Hit Festival XII held at Ceso, Folkand. And that is final, and nothing can change it. Good day to you sir!
Sincerely,
Matthias van Brandt, president of Grotebergse Omroep Stichting.
Helene: Next is Bloodbath Generation!
15. BLOODBATH GENERATION
Joseph: Commercial break!
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:34 am

הערוץ הראשון קישראל - Coverage
With Mia Awachu & Perah Kemainah

Mia: Shalom Tsofim! Welcome to our coverage for the 11th World Hit Festival, Kishrael's first time competing! How exciting!
Perah: Isn't it just! Aliya will be representing us on our début, and to make it even more special, we've been drawn to perform first! So, after the opening act, performed by last years winner Sabina Bojanovic, we'll get to see her.
Mia: Speaking of an opening act, her it is!

Opening Act

Perah: That was nice, nothing special, but it was still nice, what did you think Mia?
Mia: Sorry, I just grabbed a coffee while it was on, I don't care much for the opening act, anyway, the hosts are announcing the start of the competition, which means Aliya is up.

Kishrael Performs

Mia: Now that's a solid début I think.
Perah: Yeah, its nice, we don;t expect a win from this of course, but we can still hold our head high with this one.
Mia: Nicely put, now, you can't vote for this song, because you're in Kishrael, and we can't vote for ourselves...
Perah: Mhm, next up is Lymantatia.

Lymantatia Performs

Mia: That was pretty crap.
Perah: Yeah, if I wanted to know how to say whatever it was saying I'd use Toogle Translate.
Mia: I do feel a bit sorry for them though, you know, with the boos at the end...
Perah: Their own fault, anyway, the number to vote is 972 352 02
Mia: V'lid we have Polkopia.

Polkopia Performs

Mia: I like that one! I do!
Perah: Kol ha kavod Polkopia, that was excellent.
Mia: Although their language isn't the prettiest, the words were good, and the music was awesome.
Perah: Their language isn't that bad, and if you do think it's bad, you haven't heard some of Bloodbath Generations word endings.
Mia: Haha, I can't wait, now to vote for Polkopia 972 350 03.
Perah: Next, we have Blancham.

Blancham Performs

Perah: Aww, look at them.
Mia: Song-wise it's pretty bad, but look at their faces.
Perah: I hope they do okay, to vote, call 972 350 05.
Mia: Next up is Venasta.

Venasta Performs

Mia: I didn't really like the music, but the lyrics were nice.
Perah: It was average, but that's just my opinion, I'm sure the Spanish speaking nations will be more inclined to vote because of the music.
Mia: And she looked like she could feel exactly what she was singing, which is always nice.
Perah: To vote for Venasta, call 972 350 06. So, who do we have next... I believe it's New Warwick.

New Warwick

Perah: Oooh, way to bring the mood down New Warwick! Of course I'm joking, but that song was very sinister.
Mia: Ken, it sounded very dark. It isn't really my style, but I'm sure there will be those who like it.
Perah: Of course, while not universal, they'll have a niche market for them. To vote for it, call 972 350 07
Mia: Next we have... oh we have a break, but do join is soon!

Artsakhestan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Artsakhestan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Due to TUE's withdrawal, and in order to not mess up numbering again; the Anollasian song (currently number 25) will be numbered FOUR (4), and the other songs stay with the numbers they have. Thank you.

P.S.: A message brought to you by Euskirribakondara
Capital City: Ստեփանարվաշաթ (Step'anarvashat) - Population: 110,253,122 - Official Languages: Armenian, Kilikian Creole
Demonym: Artsakhiani - Code: AKH - An Artsakhiani Dance - A Postcard From Our Capital - WHF & WV entries

Puppet of Euskirribakondara

Folkand
Envoy

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Folkand » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:13 am

Lythia and Nataneel enter the stage.

Lythia: How are you doing, world?! It's so hot here! Ufff... Well, Nataneel, all the entries were performed. It's time to start the voting! What do you think?!
Nataneel: Yes, it's absolutely the time to say the world: 'Take your cellphones and call!' but before we say it, let's look at the list of all of 24 countries that performed tonight and remind their numbers:

PERFORMED ACTS
01. KISHRAEL
Aliya Honoria
Bedolah Naharot

02. LYMANTATIA
Cristina de Marzo
Nós não vamos no meio do nada, nem fazemos nada a lugar nenhum

03. POLKOPIA
Kala Polotnava
Polona

04. ANOLLASIA
The Bernsters
All I Want Is Love

05. BLANCHAM
The Blancium Biddies
Independence

06. VENASTA
Maria Casanova
When Will You?

07. NEW WARWICK
Black Daisy
All My Life

08. CALIMERA
Nazareno Lluvias
Y Ahora Estas

09. FROMULYA
Guru Lesmu feat. ParaMurid
Matematika

10. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF SAINTRABINA
Eli Jan
Animal Instinct

11. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF CHRISTARNEA
Casa Limenovsky feat. AMPER
Tornado

12. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF MACHATAICA
Veranda
Stary Człowiek

13. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF RUSMAILICA
Kazandra Rei
Listopad

14. FORMER FOLKANDISH REPUBLIC OF LAPRATORY
Steman
Vabank

15. BLOODBATH GENERATION
Ariana Paramas
Brenna's Song

16. SUYESHYIA
Göksu Koç-Királas
Váltás bu Dünýä

17. HAFAMARIMYHT
Teardrop
Teardrop

18. CHINESE REGIONS
The Dimensions
You Are The Sexy

19. ARTSAKHESTAN
Lilu Hovsepyan
Zan Khenbor

20. FREE LANDS CENTER
Ainhoa Barritz
How Can It Be, Comrade?

21. SKANDEN
Nicholas Bergen
Du

22. EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA
Juliana Vardell
Fú L'Historia del Vero

23. MEDITERRA
Saskia
Alegra

24. ANGLO-BRITAINIA
W35T CR3W
You Want To No Me?

Lythia: Of course, you cannot vote for the song that represents your own country. Remember that you can send only one SMS from each cellphone. Alright, I think that everything is clear now.
Nataneel: Okay, we can start our countdown!
Together: 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... and 1! World, start voting now!

It's time to vote! Send your 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 points to Folkand. Let the best win!
+ send me a picture of your spokeperson, his name and occupation.
Last edited by Folkand on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

New Warwick
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Commentary for the 11th World Hit Festival presented by NWTV1

Kellen: Welcome back to the 11th World Hit Festival in Ceso! We've only got a few more songs tonight before the voting, which everyone knows is the best part of these things.
Annika: Not this year, Kellen. We've had such an incredible field tonight.
Kellen: Which only stands to make the voting even more exciting!
Max: That's true. Well done, Folkandish District, on putting on a great show for us. I've enjoyed almost every minute of it.
Annika: And even the parts we hated, we enjoyed hating.
Max: Amen to that.
Kellen: Well, why don't we get back to the action with Artsakhestan!

[19. ARTSAKHESTAN]

Annika: Nice.
Max: I thought the lyrics got to be a little repetitive, but overall still a strong entry.
Kellen: To me it just seemed like any other pop song, as if any nation could have sent it. This is Artsakhestan, a Flegavian nation well known in this contest, and honestly I thought they could have sent something better.
Max: You really hold Flegavia to such a high standard.
Kellen: Usually they deliver.
Annika: And I think they did.
Kellen: I don't know.
Annika: It worked for me, so I don't know what's wrong with you. Up next we have the Free Lands Center.

[20. FREE LANDS CENTER]

Annika: Wow. Really the only bad thing I have to say about that is, you know how I feel about politics in these contests.
Max: I'm going to disagree with you. Politics, such as this, fit perfectly in these contests. They're a great way to spread awareness and provide a great emotional response when they're well done, like this one. What I don't like are histories – like that one entry in WV23 I think, about a king and blah blah blah. This, though, this was great.
Kellen: I'm going to have to agree. Plus her voice was just stunning.
Annika: No, I guess you're right. I don't mind entries like this as much as, yeah, histories. And I'll agree, she's got a seriously powerful voice.
Max: Up next we've got Scanden, a debuting nation if I'm not mistaken.

[21. SKANDEN]

Annika: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
Max: Yeah, I agree. I mean, it was pleasant enough, standard storytelling lyrics crafted nicely, but that melody. So saccharine. And, honestly, kind of boring.
Kellen: I'm sure there's a time and place for that kind of song, but it isn't anywhere in New Warwick ever.
Max: Yeah.
(pause)
Annika: Well I don't have anything else to say.
Max: Me neither.
Kellen: Up next is Euskirribakondara!

[22. EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA]

Annika: Woah, another really great voice there.
Max: And finally, a ballad that didn't really seem forced or fake. There was genuine emotion in that.
Kellen: I agree, but I'm still just not a fan of ballads.
Annika: At least there was great musicianship by the violinists. Actual instruments like that onstage are a rarity at this contest and they played fantastically.
Kellen: We've only got a couple more songs to go, so let's move on to Mediterra!

[23. MEDITERRA]

Annika: Oh no. Oh, Mediterra, I'm so disappointed! That was such bland, standard pop, especially for the World Hit Festival!
Kellen: You forget, a lot of countries take WorldVision much more seriously than the WHF.
Max: No, I get what you're getting at. It's just...I mean, it's okay. It's danceable, catchy. There's just no smartness to the music. And the lyrics don't really help much either. It's just...pop. Like, meh pop. Not even particularly good pop.
Annika: I mean obviously there were worse entries tonight and this still could do pretty well, but I'm just not that impressed.
Kellen: Fair enough. Well everyone, it's time for our last song of the evening. It comes from Anglo-Britannia, and it's definitely different than anything else we've seen tonight. It's W35T CR3W!

[24. ANGLO-BRITANNIA]

Kellen: What fuckery indeed.
Annika: I loved the music, and it had a really great message, but there really wasn't much of a performance.
Max: Alright, ladies and gentlemen! You've heard all 24 of the entries tonight, and now you get to hear from the hosts, Lythia and Nataneel!

[HOSTS INTERVENTION, PERFORMED ACTS, VOTING BEGINS]

Kellen: You heard them! Go ahead and vote, New Warwick!
Annika: You can text the draw number to 65520...
Max: You can call 0450-6552-XX, where XX is the draw number...
Kellen: Or you can log on to http://www.nwtv.co.nw/whf11, so go do one of those things!
Annika: We'll be right back after these messages! Oh, but before we go, I forgot - the Lymantatian commentators passed us a note, folded up all middle school style, reminding us that technically Groteberg withdrew, even though it wasn't really a choice they were allowed to make. So that's done, enjoy your commercials now.

[04. ANOLLASIA]

Kellen: There's that old Anollasian bait-and-switch! Half the song is kind of mopey and sad, then BAM, suddenly it's happy with no real explanation.
Annika: And it might just be me, but I can't really remember the melody.
Max: Me neither, though I do appreciate the musicianship.
Annika: The lyrics weren't terrible, but they also weren't the strongest tonight. Kind of middle ground, I'd say.

OOC: I'm also replacing the TUE section in my original commentary with this.
Last edited by New Warwick on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WV23: Underwater, by Rosaline - 18th (44p)
WV24: Nostalgia, by Annika X - 6th (77p)
WV25: Oh Tomorrow (Brand New Lover), by Cynthanie Waldon - 18th (38p)
WV26: At the Partyhouse, by Glass Grenades - 25th (38p)
WV27: Nothing In It, by Lavinia - 20th (56p)
WV28: Into the Fire, by Demelze Brook - 12th (70p)
WV29: Under the Moonlight, by Corey Barton - 4th (109p)
WV30: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 6th (80p)

WHF9: Love, by Carla Rourke - 16th (8p)
WHF10: Stay With You, by Femme Vitale - 21st (4p)
WHF11: All My Life, by Black Daisy - 9th (17p)
WHF12: Nothing Like You, by Natural - 14th (7p)
WHF13: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 3rd (36p)

Folkand
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Folkand » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:44 am

SABINA BOJANOVIC & THE NATIVES
AVRIHE

INTERVAL ACT

The stage is in the dark. We can see only the bouncing golden ball on the screen accordingly to the beat of the drums. The beating amplifies more and more. The dancers wearing national Halbian clothes move to the rhythm. The bouncing ball is becoming bigger and bigger till it 'explodes'. All the dancers fall on the ground and the lights outshine the whole concert hall. Sabina enters the stage in this dress and started to sing while the dancers are moving to the beating of the big drum in the background:

Gdzie bezkres pustyni, (Where the endless desert)
Gdzie słońce gorące (Where the hot sun)
I lasy deszczowe. (And the rainforests)
Kżia pasglaz bozdymi, (Where the endless desert)
Kżia zjumha kulęha (Where the hot sun)
I rezy taćśufa (And the rainforests)
Tam jest Afryka, (There is Africa)

Ej jaija i
Den łazd Avrihe nuła. (There is my Africa)
Ej ja i ja i ja, eja eja aaaa.
Ete ete esz, Ete ete esz

The dancers create the big circle that surrounds Sabina. They are moving accordingly to the clock hands. The singer puts her head up and it seems like she's calling the sun:

Znalazłam cząstkę mnie (I've found a piece of me)
Na pustyni gdzieś, (Somewhere in the desert)
Lecz ja nie wiem gdzie mam dalej iść. (But I don't know where should I go)

Słyszę Afryki zew, (I'm hearing the call of Africa)
Wśród bujnych z dżungli drzew, (Among the lush jungle trees)
Dźwięk bębnów w mojej głowie brzmi. (The beat of the drums is sounding in my head)
Wnet poczułam obfity deszcz, (Suddenly I'm feeling the heavy rain)

The dancers stand in the row. Sabina stands as the first one. They dances with their hands and it seems like Sabina has got a few hands more. While she is singing, the screen starts to show the falling rain. The lights become white and blue.

Na skórze przyjemny dreszcz. (Pleasant shiver on my skin)
Niech wiecznie trwa chwila ta, (Let this moment last forever)
Która ma nieba smak słodki. (That has the sweet taste of the heaven)
Gdzieś ptaków śpiew, melodia drzew, zew i śpiew, (Somewhere the birds are singing, the melody of the trees, the call and singing)
Tak i tak, tak i tak. (On and on, on and on)
Tak I tak I tak, Chę dlfeh f dał cfiri fiaśmia, ee. (on and on and on, I want this moment to last forever)

The dancers create two circles aroud the platforms. Sabina stands in the centre of the stage and sings the refrain. The sreen shows the growing grass. The lights turns green and yellow.

Avrihu, teł ni zią heję. (Africa, give me yourself)
Aaaa. Eja eja, heję. Ee.
Aa eja a eja,
Avrihu, teł ziapia heję (Africa, give yourself)
Ee, Avrihe ne, eja
Eja la a ja.
Avrihu, do łazd źyhia na. (Africa, there is my life)
Aija la, aija aja aja a, aijala, eija

Tubylców ciągły gwar, (Continuous buzz of the natives)
Słyszę gdzieś dosyć blisko mnie. (I'm hearing it somewhere near)
Ognisko pali się (The fire is burning)
Dając jasny żar, światło dnia. (Giving the heat, the light of the day)
Niech wiecznie trwa chwila ta. (Let this moment last forever)
Która ma piekła smak - ostry. (That has the pungent taste of the hell)
Tak I tak I tak. (On and on and on)
Avrihu, dodeł łazd nuł tun, (Africa, there is my home)
Ee, aa eja a eja,
Avrihu, dodeł źyfud nuł (Africa, there is my lifetime)
Avrihe, eja eja a a ja.
Avrihu, dodeł łazd nuł tun. (Africa, there is my home)

The platforms are entered by the two presenters. The music stops and it's the time to start the final countdown! Sabina says 'Thank you! You're amazing, world' and come back to the backstage.
Last edited by Folkand on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Folkand
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Folkand » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:49 am

FEW DETAILS OF THE VOTING PRESENTATION:

1. the voting order is the same as the performances order

2. there will be the full scoreboard after every 6 voters

3. the hours of presentations are:
today 13:00 UTC 0 - 1-6 voters
today 19:00 UTC 0 - 7-12 voters
tomorrow 9:00 UTC 0 - 13-18 voters
tomorrow 15:00 UTC 0 - 19-24 voters

4. there will be shown footprints with the Folkandish-Polish names of the currently voting country

5. there will be shown votingboxes with the presenters and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 points

6. there won't be any unnecessary commentary of the presenters in order to make this process quicker

7. you can comment the current situation in your commentaries

Folkand
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Folkand » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:56 am

KISHRAEL
1 of 24

Dobry wieczór, Szatylaurew!

Folkand
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Folkand » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:58 am

LYMANTATIA
2 of 24

Dobry wieczór, Lorencja!

Folkand
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Folkand » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:00 am

POLKOPIA
3 of 24

Dobry wieczór, Pełto!

Last edited by Folkand on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Folkand
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Folkand » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:03 am

ANOLLASIA
4 of 24

Dobry wieczór, Nowy Stambuł!

Folkand
Envoy

Ex-Nation