NATION

PASSWORD

AV Brew Festival [No longer an active thread/Reference only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scandavian States
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Scandavian States » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:49 am

Looks good to me. I'm going to hit you up with an idea I have when I get home.

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:54 am

So, why do I have a DJ stage? Or is that just a coincidence in naming?

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:03 am

Common Territories wrote:So, why do I have a DJ stage? Or is that just a coincidence in naming?

The Fest has a DJ stage. Meinhardt is a sponsor, so it got named for them. Royal Imperial got naming rights on the Main Stage, and Terembev, which is a Neu Engollian beverage conglomerate that will be ICly explained later in the Fest RP, got the Pavilion. It's not really your stage to do with as you wish, but just to have bragging rights. Just as in RL different stages at music fests get named for corporate sponsors, so are the stages and pavilions for the AVBF. I got carried away in a capitalist fervor the first AVBF and actually named the security station and first aid station after sponsors, too, but that was a bit too much.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Common Territories
Senator

Postby Common Territories » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:07 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Common Territories wrote:So, why do I have a DJ stage? Or is that just a coincidence in naming?

The Fest has a DJ stage. Meinhardt is a sponsor, so it got named for them. Royal Imperial got naming rights on the Main Stage, and Terembev, which is a Neu Engollian beverage conglomerate that will be ICly explained later in the Fest RP, got the Pavilion. It's not really your stage to do with as you wish, but just to have bragging rights. Just as in RL different stages at music fests get named for corporate sponsors, so are the stages and pavilions for the AVBF. I got carried away in a capitalist fervor the first AVBF and actually named the security station and first aid station after sponsors, too, but that was a bit too much.

Oh okay. I was confused at first and forgot about the sponsorship deals. My bad.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:14 am

No worries, TECT.

SO, I am very sorry to do this yet again, but RL is kicking me in the teeth hard right now. I want to do this right and not rush it, especially when it comes to scoring. Since I won't have much steady time to RP or score the beers and the rugby 7s over the next couple weeks, I'm going to postpone until after the Christmas holiday. I hope to have everything ready to roll by then as I will continue to work on the OP and xkoranate set up in the meantime. Thanks a lot for your continued patience. This will happen, I promise.

So, this came up on the IRC, just as a reminder to EVERYONE reading this to keep in mind - You don't have to apply at all to RP a regular ticket purchasing attendee at the Festival, you don't have to be in a certain region, you don't have to know anything about beverage making, you don't even have to be friends with me or know me at all, but it would help if we don't have any OOC conflicts. You just post as you would an OPEN NS RP, following the rules set in the OP.

The only people that had to apply for acceptance were brewer/distillers, food vendors, entertainers, sponsors and VIPs that wanted a box section in the Pavilion or extra security. Cut off is now done for brewers/distillers. I will reopen applications for entertainers, sponsors and food vendors for one more week. VIP apps will remain open to the second IC day of the festival. If you so desire to have your national or corporate leader or famous VIP attend as a regular person with no Pavilion ticket or security provided, you can do so without having to apply (but they can't bring armed body guards into Neu Engollon). I hope that's clear and if you have any questions regarding it, feel free to post here or TG me if you must.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:45 am

And...We're off! Thanks again for everyone's patience. Please be aware that only brewers/distillers, vendors and entertainers only will be allowed onto the grounds until the gates are officially open. Thanks.
My Factbook

Common Territories
Senator

Postby Common Territories » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:25 am

So im mulling over making a post now, but I've never made such one before (I've never written for an event like this). So the first question I have is about the wall and times. Is that wall separating the fields and our tents blocking the view? I was thinking, if we're allowed to be open during the rugby games, to section off the portion of my tent facing the rugby fields for VIP seating when time for the games comes. Basically sell tickets to anyone wanting to reserve a table/spot facing the fields for a little extra if the seating has a good angle - maybe discounted drinks and food or something too to match. Anyways, I'll try to get a post up as soon as possible, but it'll take time since im working on another post and I have a special project im working on right now.

Also, how would I be keeping drinks and things at safe temperatures? Do we have access to facilities or should we bring something like this?: http://www.mobilecoldrooms.co.za/mobile ... b2500.html
Last edited by Common Territories on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:30 am

Common Territories wrote:So im mulling over making a post now, but I've never made such one before (I've never written for an event like this). So the first question I have is about the wall and times. Is that wall separating the fields and our tents blocking the view? I was thinking, if we're allowed to be open during the rugby games, to section off the portion of my tent facing the rugby fields for VIP seating when time for the games comes. Basically sell tickets to anyone wanting to reserve a table/spot facing the fields for a little extra if the seating has a good angle - maybe discounted drinks and food or something too to match. Anyways, I'll try to get a post up as soon as possible, but it'll take time since im working on another post and I have a special project im working on right now.

Also, how would I be keeping drinks and things at safe temperatures? Do we have access to facilities or should we bring something like this?: http://www.mobilecoldrooms.co.za/mobile ... b2500.html

There will not be a view from your tent to the rugby pitches, they would have to walk around the fencing which is opaque. There is bleacher seating around the pitches. People pay one charge to come into the park/Festival grounds which entitles them to see the music, rugby, exhibitions and visit the booths. (Higher charge for pavilion box seating and the pavilion levels have TV monitors that pipe in feeds from the rugby pitches and a close up of the main music stage). Sorry if that wasn't clear.

As for keeping the drinks cool, there is usually a CO2 cooler system which the kegs would be hooked up to in the back of the tent. Also top loading portable fridges on wheels for cans and bottles. This is provided by the Festival organizers. You can certainly set up your own system in place of that at your own expense, as long as it's compliant with codes and laws of the city. Hope that helps.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:38 pm

I posted the schedule. Please let me know of any issues. Thanks.

I will be posting the opening of the gates tomorrow afternoon (US ET), so from then on, any RPing of set up pre First day Gate Opening will be considered flashbacks. Thanks.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks to all those who have posted. I realize it's a busy time for all. To those who are entered in the brew judging, the first scoring will take place roughly 36 hrs from now. So Tues afternoon. If you want to bump up that score at all, now's the time to get those RPs, menus, etc. posted. Woody, my official image creator, outdid himself with the medals this time and I can't wait to debut them.

What does this mean for IC timeline of the Fest? Well, it means that we will try to catch it all up today, but you don't have to stop your RP storylines dead if you can't wrap the first IC day up. They just will be flashbacks starting from tonight on out. If you're confused, ask me questions here and we'll try to straighten it out.

Happy MLK Jr. Day!
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:33 am

Happy Groundhog Day!

I am looking at getting to the 2nd day of judging done this weekend. (About a week later than I'd planned, but...life). That and the people that are having their entries judged seemed to have tuned out at this point, so I don't know that it matters either way.

That doesn't mean that the RP storylines currently in progress have to stop, but they will become IC flashbacks, as I have described before. I won't say PT though, as this whole fest is already backdated to August 2016. ;)
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:53 pm

So, another AVBF belatedly comes to a close. Thank you again to all who participated. Not only is this me getting off my duff to call a thread done and dead, but also I think I need to acknowledge that this is the end of an era after doing 5 of these. I may change my mind come a few months from now, but where I sit now, I can't see doing another one of these festivals. It's a bit of effort for not a lot of participation from the vendors and entrants in return who make a lot of promises, then find a lot of excuses. I just don't have the time or inclination to do this anymore. I won't get into the pettiness, but I just don't want to go through it anymore. There's easier, more enjoyable ways to host character RPs.

For the winners, feel free to use the medals and accolades for your RPs and storefronts. I have the links for individual images of golds, silvers, bronzes, etc. somewhere. TG me. I may be in touch to see about acquiring your beers for the Burgunden BreuPubs on the taps.

I still intend to host the AVBF 7s though, which means that ICly, the AVBF will go on. I will probably reference it in some form or another, but as for getting to organizing every sponsor, brewer/distiller and vendor, I'm done with all that. Good luck to you all. Thanks for the memories.

EDIT: So, just to reiterate the above. I'm exhausted when it comes to the AVBF. A lot of interest in renewing this might tip the scales, but so far, no one has contacted me or posted here to convince me that I should not put the AVBF to rest. Should that happen over the next couple weeks or so, I might be dragged in to doing another edition, but with interest levels being what they have been, I don't see that happening.
My Factbook

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Don't forget about that delay you had last year. When you finally started, I was away. I'm sure others were thrown off too. I planned to RP. I was ready to. I put planning and effort into it. And then there was a long delay. That had an effect. So I wouldn't just go off on everyone for not posting. And I still came back and tried. So...

I'd still be into a new edition. There are new RPers every year and if you promote it and start it quickly you might get better participation. Stalling signups for weeks will slow almost any RP besides NS sports.. Instead, TG some people and get them interested as soon as the signups go up, versus waiting for weeks in hopes of random signees. There is always a momentum. Wait too long and that feeling will go and people will commit elsewhere.

One more try might not be bad. I'd try to get two of my allies to come and that could springboard. But, they might lose interest if the signups stall for weeks.

And it's nothing new, I first learned this in 2001 when I started captaining Trek ships in a large fleet. As soon as there was a crew, I'd want to start. Waiting a few weeks to say, go from 5-8 people in theory might get the numbers. But then maybe 4 people would be bored. The actual number active would shrink, see...

It's best to get that crew started and find ways to get more people to see it right away. It's not personal to your RP or anybody else. It's just the RPer's nature.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Vangaziland wrote:Don't forget about that delay you had last year. When you finally started, I was away. I'm sure others were thrown off too. I planned to RP. I was ready to. I put planning and effort into it. And then there was a long delay. That had an effect. So I wouldn't just go off on everyone for not posting. And I still came back and tried. So...

I'd still be into a new edition. There are new RPers every year and if you promote it and start it quickly you might get better participation. Stalling signups for weeks will slow almost any RP besides NS sports.. Instead, TG some people and get them interested as soon as the signups go up, versus waiting for weeks in hopes of random signees. There is always a momentum. Wait too long and that feeling will go and people will commit elsewhere.

One more try might not be bad. I'd try to get two of my allies to come and that could springboard. But, they might lose interest if the signups stall for weeks.

And it's nothing new, I first learned this in 2001 when I started captaining Trek ships in a large fleet. As soon as there was a crew, I'd want to start. Waiting a few weeks to say, go from 5-8 people in theory might get the numbers. But then maybe 4 people would be bored. The actual number active would shrink, see...

It's best to get that crew started and find ways to get more people to see it right away. It's not personal to your RP or anybody else. It's just the RPer's nature.

Sorry if you feel personally attacked, as that's not the case. I might have more to say, but just to be clear, your big issue was the delay in the start? Was there an RL issue that delayed you when I did actually start, or an NS RP/event conflict, or something else that kept you from RPing what you had planned and put effort into?
My Factbook

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:21 am

It was a real life issue. And I think that's the issue with the long sign up. Stuff pops up. I understand that one wants to get RPers in and don't want to start too soon. I just think if you started it in say even 10 days, that would be more than enough time. I remember like a month or two and then another delay. It happens, but maybe if it was right before more recent players would see it and sign up.

Then even if there were 3 instead of 6, they'd be free to RP. Some people also sign up, forget (or just distracted by something else) and ignore/forget. But I was really looking forward to it.

I know how it can be frustrating, I had an RP all set that was going well which people walked away from. But I understand that's just NS. I also stalled at a point and that was my fault. Except there was partly because I had about 8 RPers and all any one of them wanted to do was meet my one character. It's like, there are lots of characters. That set me up to get burned out. But that's off topic, just showing I know how frustrating that can be.

I think if I would have been there, I could have helped set the scene and been more interactice. Maybe I can round up my allies. Thing is, I won't know until closer. If you're ready to move on, that's okay. But if you ever want to collaborate on anything, let me know.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 am

Vangaziland wrote:It was a real life issue. And I think that's the issue with the long sign up. Stuff pops up. I understand that one wants to get RPers in and don't want to start too soon. I just think if you started it in say even 10 days, that would be more than enough time. I remember like a month or two and then another delay. It happens, but maybe if it was right before more recent players would see it and sign up.

Then even if there were 3 instead of 6, they'd be free to RP. Some people also sign up, forget (or just distracted by something else) and ignore/forget. But I was really looking forward to it.

I know how it can be frustrating, I had an RP all set that was going well which people walked away from. But I understand that's just NS. I also stalled at a point and that was my fault. Except there was partly because I had about 8 RPers and all any one of them wanted to do was meet my one character. It's like, there are lots of characters. That set me up to get burned out. But that's off topic, just showing I know how frustrating that can be.

I think if I would have been there, I could have helped set the scene and been more interactice. Maybe I can round up my allies. Thing is, I won't know until closer. If you're ready to move on, that's okay. But if you ever want to collaborate on anything, let me know.

So you know then, how frustrating it can be then. Hosting an elaborate event with several components - 2 scored: the AVBF 7's and the beverage judging and then the musical component that takes some scheduling. Organizing all that and hashing out everything with everyone with questions or anomalies in their entries. Entering all the data, getting the map of the grounds straight. Not that you've done all that for an RP, but just in general, crafting a good RP and trying to be a fair and accommodating host.

TGs, man, don't even get me started with TGs. You obviously aren't privvy to it all, but I send out a lot to past participants, potential participants that may have posted about beer in any of the N&I forums, friends on NS that like to do social event RPs. Not to mention drumming up people on IRC and Discord. Every year I work hard to rope people in. It may seem like I just post something on this thread and then just twiddle my fingers hoping, but no, I'm very proactive in trying to get folks on board weeks to months in advance. You didn't get harassed by my pleading TGs because you were an out of the blue sign up for this year, but trust me, were I to do it again, you'd hear from me.

Then, yes, there's RL...

Neu Engollon wrote:SO, I am very sorry to do this yet again, but RL is kicking me in the teeth hard right now. I want to do this right and not rush it, especially when it comes to scoring. Since I won't have much steady time to RP or score the beers and the rugby 7s over the next couple weeks, I'm going to postpone until after the Christmas holiday. I hope to have everything ready to roll by then as I will continue to work on the OP and xkoranate set up in the meantime. Thanks a lot for your continued patience. This will happen, I promise.

Constant struggle with RL. Seeing as how I am holding down two jobs at any given time, have my own family and have other commitments away from the computer, it's going to happen.

Your biggest issue was with my delaying. I get that. The delay was unfortunate, but my RL takes priority. It always will. That I will not apologize for. I'm going to start when I'm ready, and I've always held up the AVBF until I can get a full compliment of folks on board and when I'll have the most time to host and be active at night. To me, a commitment is a commitment. You're interested, or you're not interested, no matter when it finally goes down. If people have a time limit, then this isn't the right RP for them (unless they're just doing the AVBF 7s, in which case I never sync that up right timewise, anyway). In any case, I'm not going to rush things and not get it right when it comes to an event like this. TL;DR version on delays is 'Sorry, not sorry.'

Other reasons for drops in participation...
I took some missteps with a previous region, and got a boycott from that region from some very active past AVBF participants who used to enjoy this every year. C'est la vie. That had a lot to do with the drop off from 2015 to 2016, but I kept going, hoping to bring it back this past one.

The effort to organize this is ridiculous, as I mentioned above, and so I want to guarantee a decent amount of participation, hence why I want to have quite a few folks 'in the tents' before launch. I know that some people in NS Sports do some huge event hosting like Cups and Olympics and good for them. They do great, usually. Some of the best tournaments I've been in have been delayed by the hosts for some of the same reasons above.
I have my patience with them as I understand. This however, isn't NS Sports and I try to minimize deadlines as much as possible.

Maybe folks don't get what I'm trying to do with this. Maybe a lot of active NSers just don't care for me, OOCly, or want to RP in my nation, ICly. To each their own. Maybe the AVBF has just had its time in the sun and run its course. It is what it is, but I'm still leaning heavily towards not doing the festival and beverage scoring portion (the AVBF rugby 7s tournament attached will continue) as there's yet to be a massive wave of outcry for me to bring it back. I'm getting older and my priorities to spend more time with my family and do things that I get some measure of reward back on are increasing. Doing something that is idle time and lots of effort with little recognition and very little appreciation is less appealing to me by the day.

So that's kind of where I stand on all that.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:06 pm

I came up with an idea. What if you set up some sort of Federation made up of current participants and then voted off hosting duties every year? It would be like NS sports, where there is a President who runs the schedule and handles any long term rankings. Potential hosts can submit a bid. The group votes. Then the host could submit the kind of info you want.

Diagrams, Maps, Application Questions.. Then there would be explanations. You've seen all this, Neu Engollen, I know you're also into NS sports. I kind of expanded on the idea of a bid just in case anyone else isn't familiar with the bid idea.

I could submit a bid if you were interested. I'd do a sample diagram for the layout. I'd probably edit it based on how many entries we get, because they would tailor the room. So it's not like I have to have a set space... But I could do it.

Now scorination. I'd be inclined to let you continue if you wanted. Or I could take a crack at the scorinator. I don't have excel. Plus it could be nice having you as the consistent judge. Then you take a relaxed role and enjoy the RP.

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:55 pm

I know RL issues have affected my participation level in the past, but I love the AVBF and would prefer not to see it die. If there's any way to save it, count me in.
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:05 pm

I've made up my mind after some internal debate and external reasoning from Vangaziland and others via TG and Discord. I'm going to give it one more chance of hosting and organizing the AVBF for this upcoming next month. I'm already on the hook to host the rugby sevens component of the festival, so that was going to happen regardless.

Here's what I am going to do away with: the scored beverages part.
Which will make it mainly a social RP. I will still accept brewers/distillers, entertainers and sponsors. I will still do a map and schedule, and even expect tent menus. However, I think that taking away the judging section will be a huge burden off my shoulders and make it more enjoyable. I appreciate Vangaziland stepping up and volunteering to score, but I feel that for a mix of both OOC and IC reasons, all aspects of hosting need to remain proprietary to me.

I may reward beverage makers with medals based solely and subjectively on contributing RP. I will continue to think on that issue and should have an answer by the time we're ready to start.

Sign ups will continue to be open from now until Monday, August, 28. 1 week after that, the festival and sevens tournament will start. The only exception to this timeline is if something very dramatic or catastrophic happens to me. Thanks.
My Factbook

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:32 pm

Here's hoping that nothing dramatic or catastrophic happens to you (or anyone else outside of the Trump administration).

I'll get signed up for as much stuff as possible over the next few days.
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Are there any limitations to who may join, or is this available to everyone?
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:13 am

Shwe Tu Colony wrote:Are there any limitations to who may join, or is this available to everyone?

Absolutely open to everyone. Please. You can apply to be a vendor, brewer/distiller, sponsor or entertainer, VIP, or...if you just want to RP regular festival goers (attendees), you don't even have to apply, you just wait and start RPing when the IC thread is up.

I realize now that after I was going to close up shop permanently, that I took away the apps and some info. I will replace them tonight when I get more time. In the meantime, for those who do want to apply, you can copy and paste an app from someone's old application from past AVBF's and just paste over your own info. (Be sure to delete all the old info out of it, please)

I will also answer any other questions you have. To get a feel for how it works when the IC thread is up, feel free to check out the links in the OP to past AVBF editions.
My Factbook

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Brewery or Beverage producer name: Verndara Emerald Trading Company

Nation of location: Parfuhmerie

Head of Company/Brewery: Sekka Verndara

Storefront/link: Under creation, I'll probably open it up in a few months... maybe more

Booth/Tent Special Requirements: An open space nearby the width of a car nearby or in the booth/tent for a portal to restock the store.

Beverage categories entering (Please delete categories you are not entering for readability)
Parenthetical phrases are the name of the beverage:
Mead (Canopian Hunig): Canopian Hunig is a type of slightly dry mead spiced with vanilla & the bark of the Clozis tree, giving it a slightly spicy taste & a fair amount of vanilla flavor.
Wine (Emerald Wine). Sekka Verndara's Emerald Wine is a mildly sweet & slightly spicy wine with the flavor of green tea in it that always tastes fairly chilly, even when it feels warm, & gives a refreshing feeling as it goes down your throat. Due to an interesting process, Emerald Wine is also available with no alcohol content while also retaining the taste of alcohol.
Beer (Canopian Hænep). The most famous of Canopian beverages, Canopian Hænep is noted for its taste of hempseed that gives it a moderate nutty flavor & a nearly undetectable trace of sweetness.
Rum (Canopian Lætnes). Also known as "Canopian Sorrow Drowner," the taste of this rum is known for its fairly sweet taste of sugarcane & molasses as well as an above-average ABV content of 50%.

Will you be serving food as well?: Of course.

If so, include menu, link to menu or type of fare:
Dela Deer Venison
Conivan Beef
Parfuhmerian Sides

Would you like to be a sponsor as well?(Please fill out the sponsor applicant link, if so.): No

Note: Shwe Tu Colony is a magic-based European Renaissance-era Colony populated by generally not evil demons.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Extension

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:48 am

To: Sekka Verndara; Head of Verndara Emerald Trading Company, Parfuhmerie

It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to the Sixth Annual Alpen View Brew Festival.
We have received your deposit for a reservation. We will save Verndara Emerald Trading Company a booth and our judges look forward to tasting some prime Verndara Emerald Trading Company beverages as well as sampling some great Parfuhmerian cuisine.

Thank you for being a part of a grand tradition here in the Confederacy.

Sincerely,

David and Erica Toft,
Chief Organizers of the Alpen View Brew Festival
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Factbook

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:14 am

Neu Engollon wrote:I will replace this with an IC letter soon, but consider yourself accepted. One exception: there will be no wine judging category, but you are welcome to serve it at your booth.

I have updated the OP to include the applications and some other pertinent info.

I saw some of the updated information, so I'll make the excuse that there's some shenanigans going on that lets my nation be perceived as perfectly normal by everyone else, but not go into details how, if that would be fine.
Extension

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates