NATION

PASSWORD

Freeze Burn- Tarlachia & Assington are the GM's

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tarlachia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 09, 2003
Ex-Nation

Re: Freeze Burn- Tarlachia & Assington are the GM's

Postby Tarlachia » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Well well...seems the boy's getting soft. Doesn't like it when I taunt him anymore. Mamba thought to himself as Destroyer verbally shoved aside their usual trade of banter. Instead, he seemed more concerned about something else, and Mamba had a suspicion as to what it may be.

"You're here to talk about them. The ones who are acting a bit rocky lately." He said, using his hands to tap his own temple, "A little bit not quite all in there."

He saw Destroyer's face confirm what he had suspected, and so he continued.

"Certainly a new strategy by the administration, no doubt. But why? I cannot fathom the reason for this. For doing whatever they did to our people. Oh yes, mine too. And a few of the other clans as well. I've gotten wind that one clan, the Scrapers, are all dead. Something killed them off, and I've no idea what or why."

He turned to let a hand catch some of the waterfall, feeling the coolness of the water running between his fingers. "But there are some, I suspect, that are outside the realm of expectations for our gracious hosts..."

At this, he turned and looked into Destroyer's eyes with a cunningly mysterious look.

"And," he said with a finger raised to punctuate a point, "Let us not forget that explosion only a short while ago...I'm sure you wouldn't have anything to do with that, now would you?"
Last edited by Tarlachia on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Assington
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:36 am

"And, let us not forget that explosion only a short while ago... I'm sure you wouldn't have anything to do with that, now would you?"

Destroyer shook his head. He'd noticed tremors just before he came to this meet but he had more important matters to deal with. It was just now that Mamba brought it up that he considered the explosion with a little more effort. It was far away and big, which led Destroyer to believe a gas station had likely detonated and the best way to do that would be to allow naked flames near the natural gas. Normally one would not do that on purpose as the gas stations were one of the few amenities the prison had actually provided to them.

"It was not my doing... but I could imagine how it happened. One finds themselves filling up a bottle at one of the gas stations when all of a sudden... this happens."

Destroyer clicked his fingers loudly for emphasis and watched as his hand was quickly engulfed in flames. The fire rippled around Destroyer's fingers, giving off a comforting heat to combat the chill of the falling water nearby.

"It would appear we are guinea pigs. I'm not the only one to find themselves suddenly afflicted with unnatural... talents and this wasn't the case until certain medical staff stabbed us with a bloody needle. The 'why' is what interests me. This sure as hell isn't just for our own amusement..."

Throwing a small little fireball up into the air, Destroyer caught it with his other hand and allowed the flames to spread around it, making it quite clear that it was not burning in the slightest. Destroyer was also well aware of Mamba's natural aversion to fire. Vampires had a few pet hates and since silver wasn't exactly a common resource down here, fire was number one on the list of how to kill a pesky vampire. Fortunately for Mamba, Destroyer wasn't interested in burning the pirate vampire but more concerned with what the prison staff were doing to them.

"I don't suppose you've had any recent trips up to medical?"

Tarlachia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarlachia » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Mamba narrowed his eyes as Destroyer played with fire. Literally. Clearly, he hadn't expected such from his favorite foe down here in the forgotten darkness of Paradise. He showed no fear however, though he kept his distance. Fire wasn't only a bane to vampires, but to all other living creatures as well. Some just caught fire a little more easily.

Listening as Destroyer spoke of being injected, and including some vague information about others getting similar injections as well, Mamba thought about his own people. Yes...from the sound of things, those guards had managed to start something sinister, and it had all begun with the new inmates. Inmates who, by all indications, seemed just perfectly fine until shortly after their entry into the depths of Paradise.

"Yes...the administration is certainly doing this for their own reasons. Perhaps if we question those afflicted inmates themselves? Push them, even knock 'em up the head a little. See what information they might be a'hidin'." He walked closer to the rushing waters, staring out. In his mind's eye he could see the guards sitting around screens, watching the prisons, certainly watching the waterfall at this moment, wondering just what these two well known and well established pack leaders were discussing.

Turning around, he looked back at Destroyer, "I don't like the sound of this, mate. I smell trouble like fire on wood. All of us down here are on the sinkin' ship here, and they," he thrust his arm out to his side to point toward the unseen overwatch. "are the only ones who be winnin' here."

He stepped closer to Destroyer, "A new plan then, I propose." He leaned in and whispered ever so quietly, "A cease-fire, but not...We give them the appearance we're still enemies, and rightly so...but we'll sneakily lure them into our game here, for it's certainly a game now, and they've changed the rules."

Drawing back and spreading his arms outward, "And it is us who now must make the new rules."

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:39 pm

"Femur Knife Pain Shoulder"

I started, and that let me know that I was far more 'out of it' than I liked to think about. I had forgotten about my fellow were, and that was damned unlike me.

In an instant I was following the sound to where he lay partially hidden behind a jumble of metal and all but flattened against the wall. Though where he wasw was not good for tending his injuries and so I lifted him carefully out to more open ground. I tried to be very careful about not jostling his shoulder or leg.

The shoulder appeared out of socket and the blood from the inadvertant knife would soaked his pants, though given a Were's normal quick rate of healing I was not overly concerned - an artery hadn't ben pierced.

"It's going to ..." I drew the words out as with a practised move "hurt" I set the shoulder back into socket. Then went for the knife.

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:57 pm

"And it is us who now must make the new rules."

Destroyer nodded in agreement. He had been a little concerned that Mamba wouldn't see the bigger picture here but it was good to know the vampire could see past their little rivalry in order to deal with whatever the hell the prison staff were doing to them.

"Exactly. No doubt they're watching everything closely but I think we can manage to outwit them, they won't see it coming and I for one would not underestimate people that can throw fireballs. Speaking of, have you come across anything else? I have a man with unusual strength, one of the newcomers."

One of the survivors of the explosion had found himself trapped under a small but still seemingly unmovable boulder. The rock had pinned his left leg to the ground and he imagined it was broken. Jaime Fuller had only been in Paradise for a year or so and had spent most of that time scared out of his mind of everyone and everything around him. He was surrounded by murderers, rapists and other such vile criminals that he didn't think anyone could be trusted. That was of course until he had met Bill. The man never discussed his crime but Bill had always seemed genuinely caring and helpful. And now he was dead, burst into flames.

Turning his head to the side, Jaime was able to catch sight of Remmington helping out another one of the newcomers. Some how the young man had managed to get a knife stuck in his leg. Jaime didn't exactly have much sympathy for him, a knife wasn't so bad compared to a boulder. Realising that he wasn't about to see any help just yet Jaime attempted to move the boulder. It remained completely still whilst pain roared up his leg and caused him to scream. Despite such, something compelled the man to try again. Giving the boulder a shove with all his strength, Jaime gaped as the rock flew off his leg and into the air before colliding with the cavern wall and shattering into several pieces. He would have taken a moment to consider how such was possible but the pain and exertion involved in such quickly rendered him unconscious.

Ben sat in the Paradise control centre once again, going over footage and readings related to the latest explosion. He'd been in his office when he felt the tremors and had immediately made his way down here. At first he didn't believe it when one of the operators told him a prisoner had simply burst into flames next to a gas station but he couldn't deny the video footage or the final readings from Bill's inhibitor. It was most certainly a setback. The initial readings had been good but it appeared not everyone could cope with the injections. Nevertheless, Bill was only one case and after the most recent round of injections there would be fifteen hundred test subjects.

"I want everyone injected with the fire substance monitored closely. It would be nice if we could prevent any more gas stations exploding."

The other operators simply nodded, they had to do what he said regardless of their own thoughts.

Three Golden Kingdoms
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 14, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Three Golden Kingdoms » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:43 pm

Garak and his four new companions had been wandering the caves for a few hours now, tracing and retracing their steps so as to not go to far from the lake, but also staying a good deal away from rival territories. As they entered a new corridor, Garak's newly acquired sensitive vision allowed him to see a small break in the formation. He took a torch from one of the men following him and lead the way, carefully lead with the flame as he reached the break. Motioning for his companions to hold their position, he took a step forward and peaked into the area that the narrow corridor the break formed lead to. To his utter amazement, he found an expansive area, with a handful of stalagmites and stalactites here and there, dripping continuously fresh water. The masterpiece of the huge empty space however was a rock formation towards the back wall, that nearly resembled a chair, and would do so with just a bit of work. Turning to his companions, he let out a smile and spoke in a giddy tone.

"I do believe we might have just found our home base my friends. Not to far from the lack, and the perfect defensible entrance. There is also that weird rock formation, perfect to carve a chair for me, as well as stalagmite and stalactites to provide us and our future members with weapons. Gentlemen, we have found ourselves the perfect little niche to stir our brand of chaos from."

Tanaara
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:21 am

I waited for Revelin to heal. The knife had done painful but, for any Were, only minor damage. Though the much younger Were was taking more than long enough to heal. I wondered for a moment if the Blood had become that thin, but was drawn from my meanderings by a scream and the sudden erruption into the air of a very good sized boulder. The survivor it's flight revealed was unconscious and had sustained a badly broken leg.

Though it was not a compound fracture thankfully. IF it had been, given the state of things here, it would surely have meant his death. Even though the break was closed, it still might. Gangrene can as easily as not develope internally. With all the care I could muster I moved him till he laid flat on his back. Searching amongthe dead I found several useful things -a thick if none to clean leather belt, other types of belts, a pair of metal shafts, some strips of sturdy cloth. Wiping the leather belt as clean as possible I doubled it over and proceeded to wedge it between the mans teeth. I remembered his name as Janie.

"Well son" I told the unconsious "This is going to be unpleasant, and I'm glad that you're out" Then I proceeded to set his leg as carefully as I could.

Rollinulf
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Rollinulf » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:24 am

Sloane watched as Remmington got up to help the man with the broken leg. He'd been about to tell the older were that he was fine. He'd healed, his shoulder just stung still so that's why he wasn't really moving. It was like walking into the corner of a table. There was no real damage, but your nervous system kept screaming that you were injured.

He shook his head gently, wondering if he saw what he thought he'd seen before was real. That guy couldn't have pushed that boulder off himself. He was about to ask someone else to confirm the event when his head started to sting. He cringed, as he decided that he couldn't wait any longer.

Revelin took great care removing his clothing. One because he needed his clothes to last for a long time after this. Secondly, because his head and shoulder were pounding.

Revelin shifted as smoothly as he could, but he howled a little in pain as his injured shoulder shifted. There was a tiny clinking noise as the chip fall to the rocks. With it's departure, the pounding in Revelin's head lessened then faded away to nothing.

'At least, I know that some of that pain was from hitting the wall.' The thought didn't appease him much.

Fully shifted, he was about the size of a black bear. He was tired from the pain that was now sliding out of his limbs. So, not in the mood to shift again, Revelin simply laid down as he was. He offered a glare to chip, before resting his front paws on his clothing and watching Remmington care for the unconscious man.

His mind tried to make connections between the chip and the odd events. But he just couldn't piece it. He caught Remmington's eye for a split second, offering a head tilt asking for the older one's theories.'

Tanaara
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:22 pm

I hadn't finished setting the leg as I heard Sloan howl as he shifted, but what I was doing rather took all of my attention.

I'd just finished and looked to where Revelin lay -I caught his look, and was pretty sure what he was asking "No I don't think thats what caused all of this. But this is damn well Not natural. You rest a bit, then shift back. We need to get this veil of fire put out and that's going to take both of us."

I went over and pocket his chip. "We'll compare the two later. Are you going to need to eat before shifting back?"

Some of our kind did, others didn't.

Tarlachia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarlachia » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:04 pm

Mamba studied Destroyer for a few moments before finally nodding. "Yes...there's one man amongst those under my command. Strange things have happened to him, and now that I've heard your side of the new issues popping up, I'm more inclined to think this man is something entirely unexpected. I'm not sure what's happened to him though."

He twirled a hand at the side of his head, "Just went crazy. Mumbling shit, eating moss on the walls, then fell asleep. He's changed in appearance, even becoming downright ugly if you ask me...barely human anymore but something else."

Mamba shook his head negatively, "And I ain't liking it. Smells of trouble, the kind you can't quite figure out until it's too late, and it's the 'too late' part that worries me."

The first man-of-the-moss, the one whom Mamba had been talking about at the same time he was speaking with Destroyer, stood over seven men whom lay incapacitated on the ground. Tilting his grotesque head this way and that, snuffling closer to them occassionally, and licking their flesh. Tasting them. As if he was waiting for something.

Rising awkwardly to its feet, the creature turned to the eighth person, a woman with dirty dark brown hair and a scar running across her cheek. She lay drowsily on the ground, and didn't even react as the creature approached, knelt down and moved closer as if to kiss her with slime coated lips. Something roughly cylindrical extracted from the creature's open maw and a sloshy, barely perceptible fluid began to pour down her throat. She gagged, coughing a few times, but soon fell unconscious, her body thumping off to the side.

The moss-man creature brushed a grotesque finger against her face...

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:50 pm

"And I ain't liking it. Smells of trouble, the kind you can't quite figure out until it's too late, and it's the 'too late' part that worries me."

Destroyer nodded at this. In his experience the prison staff never gave the inmates anything of real value unless they were somehow gaining a benefit from it. The junk dumped in the caves might be of use to those living in the caves but it was only there because the owners of Paradise were paid by nations that wished to get rid of their so called trash. Evidently they would be getting something out of these experiments otherwise there was no good reason to be making the prisoners more dangerous than they already were.

"Agreed. I still don't know enough about all this so perhaps it would be best if we went our separate ways and found out all we could before meeting again. We have a nice balance down here in Paradise and I really would prefer if nothing upset that balance. I imagine you agree?"

Whilst Destroyer and Mamba had been rivals for many years neither was really interested in the other's destruction. As the two largest gangs in Paradise they created stability and there was usually enough space for them to coexist. With the introduction of these injections and the abilities they seemed to bestow upon the victims Destroyer couldn't help but feel the balance he enjoyed so much would soon be at an end.

Several hours later Jaime awoke. His leg throbbed worse than anything he had ever felt before and upon looking at it he discovered someone had tended to it and strapped a splint to his calf. He couldn't help but feel thankful he was unconscious for the process. The gas fire was still raging and the air seemed a little thinner but otherwise they weren't in any immediate danger. After a few moments of simply lying there Jaime managed to prop himself up with the use of his hands and lean against a cave wall.

"What's been happening?"

The sharp throbbing of his leg seemed to have taken priority over his memory and Jaime couldn't really remember anything save there had been an explosion. After a few more moments he recognised the cavern as one that housed a natural gas station, or at least it used to. The exit behind them had caved in and the others were blocked off by fire, painting a grim picture of their situation. Dragging himself slowly towards the piled up rocks, Jaime examined the blocked pathway. If he wasn't injured he may have been able to move some of the boulders but others were just far too large.

The young man's thoughts were interrupted as the sound of voices managed to pass through the rocks and reach his ears. Placing his ear to the rocks, Jaime called out to the others trapped with him.

"There are people on the other side!"

As Garak and his men began adapting their new found home to their liking a small group of men entered the cavern behind them. There were six in total and they had been following this group for a while now, waiting for the right time to strike. Originally they had been part of smallish gang but since their injections the six had decided they would form their own gang now. Since the injections the group had discovered they now possessed a range of abilities that would make them kings of Paradise. Between the six, one could throw fire balls, another could discharge electricity, two were unnaturally strong, one could move things with his mind and the other seemed to be very difficult to damage. These new found abilities had led to many conflicts but no one was able to stand against them and neither would the five they'd been following.

Garak was quickly distracted from his work when a fireball crashed into the stalagmite just to his left, causing a brief illumination of the surrounding area before it faded into nothingness. Standing in front of the five others at the entrance way, the man responsible for the flames spoke.

"You can either hand over everything you have now or die. Either way suits us..."

Bulldog watched the new guy, Russell, as he rummaged through the bits and pieces scattered around the collection cave. Before Russell had turned up Bulldog had been considered the go to guy fixing technology and such. He didn't really have any expertise but he had a natural intuition for circuits and the like. Until now that had been enough to receive Destroyer's approval. Scowling at the newcomer, Bulldog picked up an old rusty lamp and through it at Russell, clipping his left shoulder.

"Nothing ever lasts around here newbie. You think you can just waltz in here and be Destroyer's favourite? You gotta earn yer place with hard work, like I have. I aint lettin you push me out just cause he thinks yer special."

With that being said, Bulldog picked up a small piece of sheet steel that was obviously sharp on the edge and launched it at Russell. It would be fun to mess up the new guy a little and put him in his place. Bulldog stood a little taller than Russell but possessed far broader shoulders and was well muscled from a life of labour. By all appearances Russell was outmatched by the veteran prisoner.

Ben Patterson stood in the control room with the warden watching over his shoulder as the final checks were performed. So far the injections had been successful with a few anomalies but that was nothing to worry about. The Ember Corporation wanted to speed things up a little and so Ben had proposed a new delivery system to the warden. After getting his approval, Ben had engineered a version of the serums that could be converted into a gas and delivered through the air recycling units. The substance would only affect the human inmates and upon inhalation it would only be a matter of hours before they began to change.

"Alright, everything is ready to go."

Looking to the warden, Ben received a curt nod and turned back to the computer terminal. A few commands entered and it was done, the substance had no odour or colour so no one would notice as it filled the air, silently changing all those that came into contact with it. Ben had also ensured the water supplies were spiked with the serum as well to ensure maximum exposure. Within a day or so the majority of Paradise should be exposed.

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 19, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Simatar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Russell rubbed his shoulder where the lamp had struck him. He had to let the man bully him, for now. He turned just to see a sheet of metal hurtling towards him. Russell tried to move out of the way, the sound of tearing fabric came into his ears along with a sharp pain along his back. The man fell to his knees, a sharp burst of air hissing from between his teeth. The metal had sliced open a tear along the back of his jumpsuit and had just grazed his skin. Russell twisted his body and tried to rub his back, it wasn't a long lasting pain, just one of those ferocious stings that seem to last forever.

The Simatarian's ears were filled with Bulldog's laughter as the giant watched the smaller man tried to get his bearings. Russell was like this for several minutes, Bulldog's laughter slowing into a humorous chuckle as he watched Russell reorient himself. The Simatarian scowled angrily at the other man briefly before he turned towards the makeshift cart carrying the various parts he had gathered. He just had to get out of the Vault with his stuff, he had found some good items, though the hose still eluded him. As he wrapped his hands around the cart, something struck him in the head, knocking him over the cart and spreading its contents along the ground.

Russell twisted on the ground and stared up at where Bulldog was, his eyes red with pain an anger. He could see there were another four people had arrived. It seemed that hazing the new guy was a popular viewing. A thin, lanky man chuckled. "Ooo look at him now, looks like he's about to cry Bulldog, cry for his mommy."

As Russell started to get up, Bulldog pelted another piece of trash, the hunk of metal struck his shoulder and knocked him off balance. The laughter continued, Russell felt the same burning in his stomach as he had felt before. Destroyer said not to reveal it...he said to wait. Fuck it. Russell got to his feet and started to march towards them. The tall man laughed. "Watchout Bull, I think he wants to dance."

Russell stopped in front of Bulldog, the Simatarian looking upwards at the man. "You continue to act like you are and I will rip your face right off the bone you son of a shit covered..."

Russell felt the sledgehammer punch in his stomach before he could finish. The man was sent tumbling back several meters, the air rushed from his lungs before he hit the ground. Lying there blinking, he gasped for air when he saw the great form of Bulldog moving towards him. Russell got to a kneeling position when Bulldog's fist connected to his face. Russell's head kicked back and he felt a kick to the leg, knocking him back down to the ground.

The Simatarian tasted blood in his mouth as he tried to get up. He looked over to see Bulldog cracking his knuckles, obviously enjoying the fight. Russell smiled, as he rose, now was his turn. Bulldog charged him, swinging one of his large fists towards him. Russell moved just out of the way, his own fist lashed out and struck Bulldog square in the chest. The man gasped as his sudden momentum was halted and reversed. Russell stepped back and kicked him in the stomach as hard as he could, Bulldog's eyes grew in size before he was launched several meters away.

The spectators were quiet as they stared at Bulldog's stunned form. Russell started to walk towards Bulldog as he was trying to get up. The Simatarian grinned. "Come on newbie, fight come on."

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 pm

It appeared as if the latest serum was finally done. Ben sat in his office in front of a computer screen, reading the latest analysis and extrapolations. Despite the sophisticated science involved in creating these substances in the end there was always the unpredictable factor of every individual human. Nevertheless, the warden wanted this serum despite all of Ben's warnings and it looked like he would have it now. Instructing his computer to print out the results, Ben grabbed a vial of the latest batch and placed it into a syringe gun. There was no point delaying as that would just make the warden more impatient. If he died as a result then that was his own problem, the man knew the risks.

Tucking the syringe gun into a holster on his belt Ben promptly left his office and made the quick journey to the control centre where the warden was watching over the chaos down in Paradise proper. The injection side effects were in full swing now and as predicted, those with new found powers were using their abilities to harm others and generally wreak havoc. Additionally, those that had reacted badly and even mutated appeared to be spreading. Ben had calculated that those that actually mutated from the injections was about 1.5% of the total but they seemed able to spread their mutation quite rapidly. After watching the screens for a moment himself Ben decided to speak.

"It's ready."

The warden would realise what he was talking about easily enough as Ben had kept him up to date on the progress.

Bulldog didn't get up after Russell kicked him. The blow had ruptured several internal organs and plunged the larger man into an unconsciousness that he would never awake from. For a moment the onlookers stood in stunned silence as Bulldog lay dying on the ground. One of the prisoners approached Bulldog and gazed down at his still form. His stomach was indented far more than it should be and he chest was partially collapsed, making it quite clear that Bulldog would not be getting up to continue the fight.

"He aint gettin up again."

Tanara
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanara » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:12 pm

"There are people on the other side!"

"That could be good or it could not" I replied as I waited for Sloan to reply to me - a nod or jerk was all that was needed. I was growing concerned at his continued grogginess, had he been hurt worse internally than I could sense?

I sighed to myself. I could really do the manoeuvre necessary to put out the fire myself – my strength would let me hoist one of the dead bodies easily, but there was always the chance that with me doing it alone that I would not be able put the corpse against the vent with even enough manoeuvring to snuff the flow of gas all at once.

Tarlachia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarlachia » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:00 pm

The warden looked up from the screens at Ben, then down to the hand holding the syringe. He nodded once, rose from his reclined ergonomic office chair, and followed Ben into the room where some of the inmates had been injected. He leaned back against the table, felt the straps being applied and tightened down, then felt the table rotated to a horizontal level.

"Shouldn't hurt." the doctor said as he pulled the safety cap off the needlepoint and set it aside, placing the syringe next to it. He withdrew a tourniquet, bound it around the warden's arm, flicked the vein within the elbow cavity, and then picked up the syringe.

"Any last words?" Ben asked the Warden with a small smile.

The warden narrowed his eyes at him, "Yeah. If I die, I'm gonna kill you."

Ben laughed weakly, hoping for the sake of prison heirarchy that the man didn't die on his table. This man was responsible for setting up the whole system, and making sure it worked. He doubted anyone else on prison staff were capable of maintaining such diligence.

The needle slid into the vein, and its contents unloaded into the Warden's bloodstream. The tourniquet was loosened after a moment, and Ben could see at first, the fluid pressing forward, rushing through the Warden's body with each pounding heartbeat. He licked his already dry lips, anxious to see what would happen.

He didn't have to wait long as the Warden's eyes bulged and the man's muscular torso tensed and flexed. His spine arched as far as it was allowed, then slammed back once, then twice. A guttural cry rent the air and the scientist retreated as far as he could, unsure suddenly if his calculations were right. He had carefully studied the serums given to the inmates, carefully studied their properties and then designed a new serum from those studies.

A serum that was theoretically going to give the Warden a power unlike any other on this forgotten dump site of hell.

He saw the Warden's teeth sharpened into canines, every single one of them, and the man's irises and pupils grew pale and soon disappeared, replaced by a swatch of whiteness. The man's skin grew dark in color, to the shade of dark slate, and even seemed to look exactly like it. The doctor realized that the Warden's skin complexion was going to blend in perfectly with the stone fortress of this hellhole.

At last, it was over, and the Warden's chest was seen breathing heavily but steadily. He turned his eyes toward him, and his voice; having changed in pitch to a much deeper one though slightly raspy; was heard.

"Release me."

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Ben couldn't help but feel relieved that the Warden hadn't died on the table. He was the sort of man that would find a way to come back from death and ensure he had a bloody revenge upon those he felt were responsible for any crimes against him. Taking notes of the odd mutations, Ben placed the used syringe upon a nearby tray and promptly released the Warden's restraints.

"You'll likely feel a bit nauseous for a while as your body attempts to the changes. So far you seem to be coping alright but it would be a good idea to run a few tests to make sure your vitals are alright."

Of course the ultimate test for how successful the serum was would be to get out 'in the field' and practically test it. The Warden did seem eager to do so and Ben wasn't going to tell him what he could or could not do, he was simply there to make medical suggestions.

After his meeting with Mamba Destroyer had decided to investigate that explosion he'd heard earlier on. By following the heat and noise he was eventually lead to a group of inmates shouting at each other about what to do. Some were trying to move the rubble but the boulders were far too large and many to shift any time soon. Destroyer contemplated this for a moment before remembering he had a man that would be quite useful in such situations.

The crowd surrounding Russell and Bulldog's corpse dissipated even further as Destroyer turned up. None of them wanted to be around to explain the corpse and soon enough it was just Destroyer, Russell and the dead man. Destroyer simply gazed down on corpse with a little contempt before turning back to Russell.

"I suppose he deserved it. Anyway, I have more important tasks for you at the moment. Follow me."

Without waiting for an answer Destroyer spun around and departed back through one of the many flame illuminated tunnels.

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 19, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Simatar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Russell smiled cruelly as he scanned the shocked faces of the Immortals, the crowd growing slowly at the sound of the commotion and from word that the Simatarian had just killed Bulldog. The glances he got were simple shock, he could see their brains trying to process what had just happened, however it was refusing to process. It also hadn't fully processed for the Simatarian what he had just done, the adrenaline in his veins was still running strong. His eyes flicked to a part in the crowd, expecting another competitor, but instead he was faced by Destroyer.

"I suppose he deserved it. Anyway, I have more important tasks for you at the moment. Follow me."

Russell nodded and followed Destroyer. As he walked, he slowly calmed and the realization of what he had just done sent him into a cold sweat. Fuck, fuck fuck fuck...I just murdered someone... His brain was racing, he didn't mean to do it, he just intended to show that he could hold his own, not so much to actually kill another.

"So, what do you want me to do?" Russell ventured.

Tanaara
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 pm

I sighed, something had gone very wrong. Revelin was not healing as a therianthope should, inf act he seemed to be getting worse, comatose and barely breathing. I shook my head, I had, in these circumstances, nothing I could do for him, save to give him what time was possible.

But I could wait no longer on putting the gas fire out. I sorted among the dead, finding one that had the closest shape to the crack in the rocks that the gas vented through. I turned to the lone survivor of Bill's group, the many who had had his leg broken. "Take care of Revelin."

I quickly sorted through the various supplies that had survived, taking what I wanted and making as tidy a parcel as possible. Then setting it where it would be easy to grab once I had snuffed the veil of fire I picked up my chosen corpse and after a few moments of shifting my hand holds I found the one that was as optimum as possible. Taking a few deep breaths I moved to the rocky vent, ignoring the heat that built around me. As long as I exposed myself to as little flame as possible, the heat was just vastly uncomfortable. Burns from open flame were what healed slow, not the effects of just heat.

Though sweat beaded my brow I maneuvered ever closer until I was at the proper angle and distance. With a huff of effort I heaved the body to fly free, landing hard just where I wished it. The flames flickered and died, and before gas could seep around and reignite, I leapt in following the body, all my stength going into pushing it down, making it seal the crevase.

Oh the body stunk, and was already oven baked hot, but it served it's purpose and would hold the flow of gas until it was levered free. Shaking stinging sweat out of my eyes, I spun about and grabbed my pack. "See ya around, and if I see any one I'll let them know you're here"

Somthing deep within me was telling me to move, leave this area as quickly as I could. And that little voice had saved my life more than once.

I struck out on my own, going ever deeper and futher away. I'd make my own lair, create a new Pack.

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:52 pm

As Destroyer and Russell departed Immortal territory they couldn't help but notice a rising sense of panic amongst the other prisoners. People were rushing all over the place with little regard for others and the sounds of scuffles were ever dominant through the caverns and tunnels. Destroyer took it all in but this wasn't his current priority.

"So, what do you want me to do?"

"You're going to break some rocks."

Destroyer didn't offer anything further and for the next few minutes they ran in silence until finally reaching the blocked off tunnel once again. The five men that had been there previously were still arguing about what to do and so they hadn't noticed Destroyer's arrival.

"Leave."

Ten eyeballs focused on the gang leader, all of them recognising who had spoken. Destroyer could see some defiance in their eyes which in turn crushed what small amount of patience he may have possessed. Before any of them could speak Destroyer brought his fists up before him and promptly ignited them, allowing the flame to give an eerie light to the tunnel.

"LEAVE!"

They didn't need any other motivation and within seconds all five had quickly disappeared. Keeping his hands alight to provide better illumination, Destroyer pointed at the rocks.

"We need to clear that. Obviously you're the man for the job."

Jaime had kept his ear to the rocks and heard the muffled sounds of shouting for a while. It had just stopped though, which was somewhat puzzling. His leg still throbbed unbearably and Jaime had used the sound as somewhat of an anchor, something to focus upon and ignore his pain. Now that it was gone Jaime simply leaned against the rocks and closed his eyes, trying to ignore the throbbing that threatened to drive him insane.

After a few moments the distinct crack of stone could be heard behind him.

Tarlachia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarlachia » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:12 pm

The leather straps holding his limbs were loosened, and the doctor stood back as the Warden remained still a moment, then rose to his feet. For a moment, his hand went to cover his stomach as he felt something akin to a blood-rush throughout his body and a quiet groan escaped him. It soon passed and he then looked at the doctor with his eerie eyes and nodded.

"I'm going into the pits. While I'm gone, you're in charge, per usual chain of command."

The doctor nodded once, "Do you want a gun just in case?"

The warden shook his head negatively, "No. Keep an eye on the Section C tunnel camera. I'll come back that way when I'm ready."

Once again, the doctor nodded and watched as the Warden turned and departed the room. The doctor moved to another room full of screens displaying everything that all the cameras caught in their sights. In one square screen, the Warden's now granite-like form was seen as he entered the Tunnel A passageway and his body pushed past the sophisticated and quite secure walls that allowed only staff members to pass through. That is, unless someone on the inside of the restricted area open the walls manually for the passage of a prisoner being escorted by guards.

Deeper and deeper into the catacombs of the prison planet he went, slinking along in the shadows and observing everything that happened. He watched as prisoners walked past his still form that was pressed up against the walls, and yet, still not see him. From various directions, he could hear the shouts of prisoners, and with their voices came the sounds of vicious bloodletting fighting.

It seemed that recent events had made a dramatic shift in prisoner politics.

The new wolves had come to rout the older wolves, and now, a power struggle unlike any other seen since the first days of Paradise's grand opening, was taking place.

Ironically, because no one knew what he looked like, and especially since now he appeared to be a genetic abnormality much like many other prisoners now, no one would look twice at him other than the usual suspicion and bewilderment.

Here, in these caves, the Warden's anonymity would protect him perfectly.

A distant gargling mixed screech was heard, followed by bloody cries as a moss-man catalyzed the transformation of another unsuspecting convert to the religion of Moss...

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Thanks to Russell's efforts it didn't take long to get through rubble and into the cavern. As Destroyer had suspected, the gas station had exploded and done quite a bit of damage to the surrounding area. Ignoring those still alive for the moment Destroyer made his ways towards the pipes and noticed a scorched body was crammed into the main natural gas outlet. Containing an amused chuckle, Destroyer returned to what remained of the collapsed rocks and gazed down on one of the newcomers, a young man that appeared to be injured and another prisoner. The unknown prisoner's leg was broken but he appeared conscious so Destroyer addressed him.

"Who put out the fire?"

Bill looked up at Destroyer, half delirious from pain but happy to see another face, even if it was that of a notorious gang leader.

"One of the new guys... don't remember his name..."

After a few more minutes of looking around Destroyer decided there was nothing worth his time down here. Those that had survived were either dying or too injured to move and Destroyer wasn't about to waste his time with them. A lot of shouting was echoing down the tunnel that he and Russell had used, indicating bigger things were afoot.

"Right. Anyone that can follow me out of here is welcome to join my people. Otherwise you're on your own."

Some looked on in horror as Destroyer began to lead Russell across the cavern and up into another tunnel whilst others didn't quite possess the sense to understand what was happening. Within a minute the pair were gone, leaving Bill and the others to their own fates, which at that point didn't seem particularly bright considering the screams rolling down the partially collapsed tunnel towards them.

Destroyer and Russell stood in shocked silence as they gazed upon the corpse littered cave floor before them. The pair had been cutting through a small unused chamber when Russell had nearly tripped over what they soon discovered to be a body. Using his new found ability to illuminate, Destroyer cast light over the small chamber and promptly swore in a variation of languages. At least ten men appeared to be dead on the ground before them. There were no signs of violence or any struggle and the corpses seemed quite content with their current situation. Destroyer stepped over the bodies as he explored the chamber and noted that many of the corpses were covered in a thick green moss, as was the cave wall.

"What the hell... you seen anything like this before?"

Whatever had occurred here was damn strange and it didn't sit well in Destroyer's mind. No one just lay down and died so moss could consume them. Destroyer certainly wasn't a biologist but he knew that some moulds could release toxins into the air and mould was close enough to moss as far as he was concerned that it wouldn't be completely out there to think that perhaps the moss was at fault here. The thought was not encouraging and so once the pair had crossed the small chamber Destroyer set the bodies to the flame, ensuring they all caught afire before turning his back and making a hasty exit.

After twenty minutes of navigating the tunnels Destroyer and Russell emerged back at the lake were Russell had first entered Paradise. What was usually considered a neutral zone had erupted into chaos with prisoners violently assaulting others with various crude weapons or limbs. The lights had been switched off but patches of fire surrounded the lake, giving the area an eerie illumination. A moment later the source of such fires became obvious as a small group of men promptly began throwing fireballs at another group. One man returned in kind by unleashing an arc of sizzling electricity.

Whilst violence was not uncommon in Paradise, Destroyer had never seen such actions in a neutral zone before, nor anything on this scale. There was almost a madness in the air as the inmates lashed out at each other in a frantic attempt to do damage. There were not clear opposing gangs here, just individuals and small groups attempting to hurt each other. Destroyer watched silently as one man was torn apart whilst another's fists very literally punched through stone. Upon closer inspection Destroyer noted many of the combatant were not quite ordinary any more. Facial features had changed, some were covered in moss and others had shifted into something that wasn't even human any more.

Turning back to Russell, Destroyer indicated they wouldn't be getting through that neutral zone. It appeared that Paradise had descended into Hell.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates