NATION

PASSWORD

Daily Life in Elbania (CLOSED, MT, ATTN ArghNeedAName)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Varyvela replies: "I also think it is biased..."

Elbania
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:Varyvela replies: "I also think it is biased..."

Within 55 minutes, they reached the intersection, and then kept going straight, taking 15 minutes to reach a ghost town, Choryavi, which really was an abandoned military base, the equipment decaying. Luckily, they still had some boats, but unfortunately, they were decaying.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Varyvela asks: "What will we do now?"

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:Varyvela asks: "What will we do now?"

"We must flee." The fence was gone, many buildings crumbling, save for a few. Luckily, the shed containing boats were still standing. The food that was stocked in the boats, had long since expired, many of the cans expiring between October 1995 and April 1997.

Eeri
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:16 pm

(OOC: Invited to join)

Steven and his wife Charlotte and their two children Alex and Maize moved to Elbania a number of years ago to settle on a new piece of land. The property taxes enacted by the Liberal Democratic party of Eeri and other staunch environmental regulations had all but bankrupted them. Both were farmers and they rarely made much money as it was if they were lucky to make harvest. They lived pretty simply in God's good graces. They had a very small farm house isolated in the country but close enough to a town to make it worth their while for commerce and the children's schooling.

Alex the oldest boy was now 7 and Maize the little girl was 5. The big brother and little sister shared a single bed together in their tiny room which was dotted with a few pleasant decorations and a window. It was the only other bedroom in the house that featured a bathroom, a kitchen and a parlor and that was it. The house was old school, they didn't have a television only a radio. Their barn outside was a fair bit larger used to store tools and hay and animals. The day finished with getting the animals inside with looming rain and getting the children bathed and into bed. Char and Steve had listened to the news about a jail break, and it admittedly kept them awake. Holding each other in bed occasionally talking to each other. Their rural setting; they loved it yes but it did make it ideal for criminals to hide. With their two little children they worried a tad. It wasn't too much they figured God would protect them enough.

"I can't sleep." Char said

"Yeah me neither." Steve agreed

Char sat up putting on pants and her shirt which was very loosely buttoned and pretty revealing. She was always one to flaunt, perhaps a weakness seeing as she was more of a Born Again than a born and raised pious woman. Steve didn't bother with his shirt, just pants. Not much they could do anyway this late they had to be quiet to not wake their children so they kept the music low.
Last edited by Eeri on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Indeed, today was Good Friday. Schools were closed, and many were at the cathedral. However, some were not at the cathedral. Despite that, mail had finally come. As the postman came, he left a letter in the mailbox, and then raised its flag up. However, that was Alex's application to join the National Youth League, which was the youth wing of the National ArghNeedANamic Party.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Steven retrieved the mail and set it on the table. There was something for Alex but they put it aside to look at later. Back to work in the fields to pull weeds and till the soil. School was out today so the children were home helping with their chores. Alex wanted to finish as quickly as possible so he could play with his friends.

"Might be good for him, hun." Charlotte said

"Growin up, didn't need no group to tell me what I'd be doin.' Didn't need any distractions just had schoolin and farm work to do. Then leisure time. That's all Alex and Maize need. Live simple don't be needin' lots of distractions."

"If you feel it's best I'll go with you on this."

"He's only 7 what does he need to be concerned with anyhow?"

"If he does ask babe we probably should let him."

"If he does then he does." he put his plow down to pull an insanely stubborn weed "Looks like the irrigation chancels are clogged again." Charlotte remarked "I'd better go see if I can."

"Rained enough last night probably some derbies was washed in."

Charlotte went down the road a ways to the edge of their property where their irrigation canals met up with the river. she got down to her knees and started clearing it up

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Eeri wrote:Steven retrieved the mail and set it on the table. There was something for Alex but they put it aside to look at later. Back to work in the fields to pull weeds and till the soil. School was out today so the children were home helping with their chores. Alex wanted to finish as quickly as possible so he could play with his friends.

"Might be good for him, hun." Charlotte said

"Growin up, didn't need no group to tell me what I'd be doin.' Didn't need any distractions just had schoolin and farm work to do. Then leisure time. That's all Alex and Maize need. Live simple don't be needin' lots of distractions."

"If you feel it's best I'll go with you on this."

"He's only 7 what does he need to be concerned with anyhow?"

"If he does ask babe we probably should let him."

"If he does then he does." he put his plow down to pull an insanely stubborn weed "Looks like the irrigation chancels are clogged again." Charlotte remarked "I'd better go see if I can."

"Rained enough last night probably some derbies was washed in."

Charlotte went down the road a ways to the edge of their property where their irrigation canals met up with the river. she got down to her knees and started clearing it up

Just a quarter past one, a seven year old boy, Walter Riann would be walking on the road, and soon headed to a house and knocked.

"Alex, are you here?"

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Elbania wrote:
Just a quarter past one, a seven year old boy, Walter Riann would be walking on the road, and soon headed to a house and knocked.

"Alex, are you here?"

Alex darted over from the other side when he saw Walter come up "Walt! Hey almost done with my chores and stuff, once I finish we can go play."

Alex had just one more thing to do and that was help his sister make up their bed and when he was done he was able to go play.

"Momma can I go play now? Got everythin' done!"

"Okay you two, the river's runnin' high so ya stay away from it today, ya here?"

"Yes momma."

"Be back by supper, Alex."

"Yes momma." Alex grabbed a long stick and walked on down the road with Walter.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:52 pm

"Hey, Alex," he said. "Don't worry, we ain't getting in the river. Anyways, in a few minutes, next door, we will see my house," with a smile. It was right next door, to the left of their home.

"So, how are ya doin, little buddy?"

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Elbania wrote:"Hey, Alex," he said. "Don't worry, we ain't getting in the river. Anyways, in a few minutes, next door, we will see my house," with a smile. It was right next door, to the left of their home.

"Doin' great! Pa says he'll take me huntin next week. Can't do it now cause it's Easter weekend. Maize won't go cause she's a fraidy cat and all, so momma stays behind with her."

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Eeri wrote:
Elbania wrote:"Hey, Alex," he said. "Don't worry, we ain't getting in the river. Anyways, in a few minutes, next door, we will see my house," with a smile. It was right next door, to the left of their home.

"Doin' great! Pa says he'll take me huntin next week. Can't do it now cause it's Easter weekend. Maize won't go cause she's a fraidy cat and all, so momma stays behind with her."

"Sounds good," he said. 5 minutes later, they arrived at their house, two floors high, and a living room, three bedrooms, bathroom and a kitchen.

"Welcome to my home," Walter said.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 pm

"Wow yer house is big! Way bigger than ours!" they stepped inside maybe Alex should have worn his shirt with his overall today but he almost never did except when he was in school. "Are yer ma and pa here?"

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Eeri wrote:"Wow yer house is big! Way bigger than ours!" they stepped inside maybe Alex should have worn his shirt with his overall today but he almost never did except when he was in school. "Are yer ma and pa here?"

"Yes, they are here, well my mother. My father, he is the mayor of New Peel, county seat. I have a 3 year old sister, Karie, or as I like to call her, Kitty. Lets head upstairs to my room."

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Elbania wrote:
"Yes, they are here, well my mother. My father, he is the mayor of New Peel, county seat. I have a 3 year old sister, Karie, or as I like to call her, Kitty. Lets head upstairs to my room."

"Oh yeah okay let's go!" they ran upstairs together to his room "You have your own bed too! Wow you're so cool!"

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Eeri wrote:
Elbania wrote:

"Oh yeah okay let's go!" they ran upstairs together to his room "You have your own bed too! Wow you're so cool!"

"Yeah," he said. "My sister is awake, she is right now on my bed. She prefers to sleep with me." Indeed, "Kitty" was on the bed, and soon ran up to Alex to give him a hug.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 pm

"Yeah I sleep with my sister but all the time. Though she's a real fraidy cat like I says so thunder scares her. Oh uuh hi there." he said when she hugged him

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 pm

"Same with my sister," he said. "Despite that, she loves to interact with other people," with a smile. "Anyways, we had closets, but a few years back, was turned into a small room, for any use."

"Hi! I am Kitty!" came the response from Karie.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:16 pm

"Hi, I'm Alex."

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Eeri wrote:"Hi, I'm Alex."

"Lets head into the 'special room'," replied "Kitty," as she liked to call the room.

"Wait for me, Kitty!" came the response by Alex as they followed Kitty to a room between her room and Alex's room.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:21 pm

"Uuh special room? Well okay lead the way." Alex followed them into the other small room off the side it was just as he expected probably a bit smaller than the one room he and his sister shared.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 am

Eeri wrote:"Uuh special room? Well okay lead the way." Alex followed them into the other small room off the side it was just as he expected probably a bit smaller than the one room he and his sister shared.

And indeed it was. However, it really is the playroom. On one side, was a toy box, containing dress-up clothes. Immediately, "Kitty" reached the toy box and got some clothes out. These clothes was a green bodysuit, and she put it on backwards, with Walter zipping it up.

Immediately, Walter took out a board game.

"Wanna play scrabble?"

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:44 am

Elbania wrote:"We must flee." The fence was gone, many buildings crumbling, save for a few. Luckily, the shed containing boats were still standing. The food that was stocked in the boats, had long since expired, many of the cans expiring between October 1995 and April 1997.

"What about that boat?", Varyvela asks, referring to the largest one.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:47 am

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:
Elbania wrote:"We must flee." The fence was gone, many buildings crumbling, save for a few. Luckily, the shed containing boats were still standing. The food that was stocked in the boats, had long since expired, many of the cans expiring between October 1995 and April 1997.

"What about that boat?", Varyvela asks, referring to the largest one.

"The food expired in May 1996. But, it is still useful." Soon, he took the boat, lifting it and placing it on the water, and then throwing the canned food out.

"Get on in," he said, after he found a paddle.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:49 am

"Let's go. We'll also explain the whole truth about Elbania to the world.", Vary says.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates