NATION

PASSWORD

Daily Life in Elbania (CLOSED, MT, ATTN ArghNeedAName)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:36 pm

The man here to interview them was a balding civil servant.

"Congratulations on your successful escape...yes...now you understand our open policy towards Elbanian islanders? It is quite...unusual, given ArghNeedAName's normally conservative policy on immigration. We have been looking for defectors from Elbania for some time as we are...starting to view the island as a potential security threat.

I presume...that when you arrived on the shore, you recieved an information pack from the local police? I shall need to telephone them to confirm this, mind."
President: Malcolm Whitacre
Prime Minister: Mark Robinson
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs: Michael Barton
1 (Ignore) - 2 (Grumble) - 3 (Threaten) - 4 (Invade) - 5 (Lose)
United Provinces of ArghNeedAName (Note the change!)
Adjective: ArghNeedANamic; Demonym: ArghNeedANamer
Wiki Page Constitution Glossary Hansard
RP Population: 104 million
Embassy program now still open!
Interested in creating a parliamentary diagram? View my guide here!

Elbania
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:45 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:The man here to interview them was a balding civil servant.

"Congratulations on your successful escape...yes...now you understand our open policy towards Elbanian islanders? It is quite...unusual, given ArghNeedAName's normally conservative policy on immigration. We have been looking for defectors from Elbania for some time as we are...starting to view the island as a potential security threat.

I presume...that when you arrived on the shore, you recieved an information pack from the local police? I shall need to telephone them to confirm this, mind."

"Yes, we have." He then showed the plastic wallet and opened said wallet. "I was a former soldier, but when I was supposed to drive Varyvela to her execution, I felt that it was not just. It was not fair, and thus, I had to leave, with her. I cannot spend the rest of my life feeling guilty. It was that, or death."

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:29 pm

"And I feel I cannot live without you, darling...", Vary says and gives Eugene a kiss on the mouth.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:06 pm

"Oh you were in the military? You may find you have useful information to us.

I will speak to the Board of Amnesty and they will probably confirm this by contacting the police who found you. Once they have confirmed that you are defectors, they will send a report to Parliament recommending you recieve the amnesty, which will take up to three weeks before you recieve it. Only Parliament can officially grant political amnesty, however Parliament generally rubberstamps what the Board of Amnesty does.

There are some key restrictions. Due to the number of Elbanian spies we've had posing as defectors, we cannot permit you to be employed in the civil service or in the secret services (ARSE and ASS) unless you're assisting us in information gathering in Elbania. But I doubt you'll want to see that wretched island again.
President: Malcolm Whitacre
Prime Minister: Mark Robinson
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs: Michael Barton
1 (Ignore) - 2 (Grumble) - 3 (Threaten) - 4 (Invade) - 5 (Lose)
United Provinces of ArghNeedAName (Note the change!)
Adjective: ArghNeedANamic; Demonym: ArghNeedANamer
Wiki Page Constitution Glossary Hansard
RP Population: 104 million
Embassy program now still open!
Interested in creating a parliamentary diagram? View my guide here!

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:15 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:"Oh you were in the military? You may find you have useful information to us.

I will speak to the Board of Amnesty and they will probably confirm this by contacting the police who found you. Once they have confirmed that you are defectors, they will send a report to Parliament recommending you recieve the amnesty, which will take up to three weeks before you recieve it. Only Parliament can officially grant political amnesty, however Parliament generally rubberstamps what the Board of Amnesty does.

There are some key restrictions. Due to the number of Elbanian spies we've had posing as defectors, we cannot permit you to be employed in the civil service or in the secret services (ARSE and ASS) unless you're assisting us in information gathering in Elbania. But I doubt you'll want to see that wretched island again.

"I will never want to see that wretched island again. I just wish that it just simply sinks below the sea," with a sigh. "Anyways, I accept."

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Meanwhile, on Elbania, Cherval was annoyed, when he saw the reports that Varyvela and the soldier fled to the mainland. "It is their problem now, 'til we liberate them," with a smile. With that, he decided to head outside and take a good look at his neighborhood.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Finally, at the church, the entire population of Peel County took their seats, and soon, a Minister would arrive. Indeed, Kitty would sit close to someone she met yesterday.

When he arrived, he began the eight-hour long session. Easter, after all, was the most important occasion, both in Lutheran Christianity, and Southern Baptist Christianity. As the Minister went through verses, prayers and such, they knew that, despite the divisions, the people on the mainland and Elbania, as well as the rest of the world, are one and the same. Indeed, it seemed like everyone was part of God.

Eeri
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:12 pm

The Bently family were Southern Baptist Convention, Steven was born and raised, Charlotte was a born again. Church was a must especially on the day the Lord rose from the grave. They sang their songs with their fellow practitioners sang praise and prayed. Their faith held this small family together in the harshest of times. From the long and stormy boat ride over to setting up their plot of land, to loosing crops to hail storms. Tough being a farmer but it was what they did and they did it well.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Eeri wrote:The Bently family were Southern Baptist Convention, Steven was born and raised, Charlotte was a born again. Church was a must especially on the day the Lord rose from the grave. They sang their songs with their fellow practitioners sang praise and prayed. Their faith held this small family together in the harshest of times. From the long and stormy boat ride over to setting up their plot of land, to loosing crops to hail storms. Tough being a farmer but it was what they did and they did it well.

Finally, at the end of the service, everyone would head back home. Even Walter and Kitty would head back to their home. Once they had dinner, they headed into bed. Monday would be a day off, and school will resume on Tuesday.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:05 am

Elbania wrote:"I will never want to see that wretched island again. I just wish that it just simply sinks below the sea," with a sigh. "Anyways, I accept."

"And I wish to visit Iglesiantis...", Vary says.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates