NATION

PASSWORD

The Genocide of a Culture

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Fantoa
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Genocide of a Culture

Postby Fantoa » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:35 pm

After two months of re-inventing and uniting Fantoa King Iris II sat alone in his study, at the new Imperial Palace located on the outskirts of Fantoa City. Sitting and reading some of the new privetly owned news papers something Fantoa had never had before Iris got the urge to write a official decree.

Royal Decree 011

In the history of this great nation that as of recent we have reason to be proud to live here, the people are still tortured mentally of what was a nation ruled for nearly 75 years by two authoritarian iron fist dictators. We still have relics that many wish to be destroyed yet some wish to preserve the past to teach future generations of what their ancestors lived through and how lucky they are. However I have come to a conclusion that my fellow Fantoans have been tortured and tormented enough as it is, thus I decree that all things that honor the past horrors of this nation must be destroyed. I call upon the people of Fantoa to commit a cultural genocide of the old ways of doing things. Burns those state sanctioned books that every house hold was required to have. Burn those papers that were mailed to each house hold that showed who was in control. Get rid of all of it, the statues, the street names, the ships named after dictators all of it.

Every public building named after the brutes of the past must be re-named to something better. The torture chambers will be destroyed, the prisons where many innocents were killed, will be blown up. This genocide of what was Fantoa will be the greatest of all, when the people of this great land will take pride in their nation. using the word genocide may not be right, but it is we are getting rid of the horrific past to create a bright new future for everyone.

Sincerely, King Iris II
(Image)
Last edited by Fantoa on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to NationStates