NATION

PASSWORD

New Character RP OOC (Semi-Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kitab Al-Ibar
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: New Character RP OOC (Semi-Closed)

Postby Kitab Al-Ibar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Hmmm, A challenger approaches!

Got a character idea in my head, will post it up tomorrow, any image will be borrowed from somewhere, I have been trying to get back into drawing for another project i'm working on, but so far it's not gone too well, plus, Vista decided my scanner was obsolete, which didn't help.

Sticking to the street urchin theme, he will be a somewhat more cynical version of Robin Hood with an affinity for fire. Need to work out the specifics after I get some sleep. Pesky time differance is still pesky.

Ravea
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Steel Butterfly wrote:
Ravea wrote:I love the whole street gang aspect to this. They sound like girls after Zyergi's own heart.

Yay, thieves!

Aye, of all the things I've done on NS over the past 6 years, I've honestly never done a street gang RP...especially with a majority of women in the gang. I must say that I'm excited.

I'm thinking of making slight revisions to Zyergi. Perhaps he could be passing his time as a rival thief on the streets of Sanctuary.

Option 2:Zyergi has a rather terrible curse. Perhaps Xanathanos could be connected to it?
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Rhinara
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rhinara » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Sent ya a TG to discuss Xanath's possible involvement with the curse, Ravea.

Rhinara
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rhinara » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Since it's been quiet for the past few days, I thought I'd update my char's image (the colors I used last time were a little too dark). You might need to refresh the page to see the new one.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 pm

Just so everyone knows, within a day of the two people that are working on their characters get their characters up, I have permission to get the intro up under Blastit's name so that we can get the RP going. That way we don't have to wait for him to get back which could be anytime from Thursday to Sunday.

Kitab Al-Ibar
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Re: FRAGMENTED

Postby Kitab Al-Ibar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Ok, here is my character, might tweak a few details later, I've just written this off the top of my head and it's early morning >.<

---------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Mhyrgan - Mhyr to his friends, Gan to everyone else.

Race: Eladrin

Description: An athletic man, standing just under six feet tall, his somewhat Elvin features are sharp and hard as if haunted by countless horrors, his long straight black hair is tied back in a ponytail and his eyes a piercing violet. He wears a dark mottled green and brown brigandine over a set of similarly padded clothes.

Abilities: He is a skilled swordsman, but prefers his skills with a bow and arrow, especially when augmented by his ability to manipulate fire, he favours hit and run tactics, supported by the limited teleportation (occasional short distance) that comes naturally to his race.

Origin: Unknown

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, leaning towards Good

Weakness: Bitter and haunted by memories of the past he is trying to forget, he is very cynical and doesn't trust others easily. He is highly apathetic, but driven by his personal code.

Bio: As a child his family was slaughtered by bandits and he was taken as a slave until he proved his ability to fight, he joined the bandit crew and quickly learnt their way of life, killing and stealing, taking what he wanted by force and ignoring the consequences, his unique talents earning him a firm standing in the group.

Eventually however, even their luck ran out, though they had been operating for years beyond the law they were swept up in conflict as a new power rose in the lands, their bandit group forced into a mercenary company, many died, but Mhyr survived and his taste for blood and combat was never quenched and he earned a reputation for savagery, travelling to wherever battles were occurring and fighting for whichever side paid better, or resorted to banditry if no work could be found. He mustered a band of the evilest and most depraved as his companions and battled alongside their ilk for countless years, outliving them all and never tiring of slaughter.

It wasn't until he was eventually pitted against the Cult of Valtrox who committed atrocities that even he couldn't stomach that he was forced to confront the monster he had become and was sickened by his actions, after the battle he disappeared for almost 15 years, not seen or heard from by anybody as he tried to come to terms with his own self. Eventually he emerged and began finding honourable work in areas where nobody would recognise him, for almost 20 years he struggled to find work, any coin he made that wasn't spent on food or lodging went on drink, but the only thing he was ever good at was killing those who came after him seeking revenge for deeds he tried to forget, so no job ever lasted long.

It was one of these people seeking revenge that convinced him to act, a boy, little more than a child, who seemed in a sorrier state than himself had come, seeking revenge for his father. Mhyr defeated him easily, but the boy would not leave and Mhyr could not bring himself to kill the boy or leave him to die, so he was forced to look after the boy, but never let his guard down as the boy still wished him dead.

Eventually, other sought him out, the boy was killed in the fight and Mhyr found himself once again on the run and forced to act as a bandit, stealing to survive, but, he resolved to no more steal from those who could barely support themselves and refrained from killing wherever possible. Going back to doing what he did best quickly left him with more money than he needed however, as long as he kept moving about it was far more profitable than any job he had done, but he was still haunted by memories and driven to seek a means of reparation for his past, leading him to give much of his earnings to those in need or to put his talents in combat towards combating what he had been countless years before. Recently he has found himself doling out his earnings to the street urchins in the slums of Salvation.

Theao
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Theao » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:08 pm

Is Blast temporarily awol?

Steel Butterfly
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Butterfly » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Theao wrote:Is Blast temporarily awol?

Seems that way. Pssh...RL...what a waste ;)
Founded: March 12th, 2003

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Blastit's gone on a short vacation. He'll be back sometime between this Thursday and this Sunday.

Theao
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Theao » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Name: Tanaris Natchras Vilaes
Race: Hybrid(will be explained)
Description: On the taller side with pale grey skin, raven black shoulder lengthed hair,
elven ears that stick out at a 75 degree to his hear, eyes with horizonat pupils and aquamarine iris that darken to black or red over strong emotions, his bottom two canines are elongated and stick out of his mouth (think inverted vampire fangs), a prehencile tail that he usually keeps looped around his waist like a belt, leanly muscled and moves with the fluid grace of a dancer. Rarely wears a shirt and his pants are typically worn low on the hip. Overall very attractive
Abilities: Better than normal hearing and sight but not smell, very reduced regeneration, expanded lung capacity(about half hour at max), can glide with use of a cape(any cape works), very weak fire resistance, very skilled with knives and other small sharp objects, and minor magics(conjure sparks, light-globes, move small(10lbs) objects, ect.) as well as decent shielding spells. Also 'unnatually' attractive.
Occupation: Wandering trouble(to ladies), messenger/courier, occasional thief, storyteller, singer ect.
Origin: Doesn't claim a location.
Alignment: Chaotic good/neutral/evil as is practical or necessary
Weakness: Very sensitive ears(and not in the hearing sense), has a tendency to flirt when really not appropriate, really doesn't like the cold(cold water being an exception)
Bio: His ancestry is heavy on the non-human thought they are equally matched by human ancestors. Each of the species that had contributed materials to his life left him with a gift. With that in mind, his life was moderately uneventful for a peasent. He spent a great deal of time on the street, wandering, playing and so forth. However with his parents death due to disease the only thing keeping the local law away from him was gone and he was soon chased away by torch wielding mob. Taking to the roads he eventually came across the remains of a ransacked convoy. With the bandits long since gone, he took what food remained as well as a couple of the smaller knives. Over the years that followed, he practiced with the blades until he could do just about anything short of making them due the hula. Arriving in a town that had more than two horses he quickly learnt that his natural looks and attitute and as any teenager would do, made good use of that. However the forces that began evicting him in a less than polite manner no longer composed mobs of villagers out to blame the strange kid but by irate husbands, jealous boyfriends, furious husbands and wrathful girls. As such he tends to keep moving to keep his head, and the more important dangly bits intact.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, I was supposed to get the RP up and going under Blastit's name, but it seems that when he changed his password to something he could tell me he forgot to hit submit for the actual change. I'm hoping he calls me back since phone is the only way I can contact him. If he doesn't I don't know if I should get the RP going by posting it myself under my name or if we just should wait for him... If we end up waiting for him, I'm sorry if either of you two that had to post your characters felt rushed.

Rhinara
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rhinara » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Just throwing this out there, but if you can't get in touch with Blastit, maybe you can post it here in the OOC and then delete it once he sets up the official IC post. That way, we'll get the chance to write up our intro posts in response to that, which will save everyone a little bit of time for when the official version does get posted (and we don't have to wait longer before getting started!).

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:51 pm

That's probably a really good idea. After all he really did want to get this started and was hoping we could get a little done. Thanks for suggesting it Rhinara. If he doesn't call me back this evening, I'll post it here tonight.

Rave Shentavo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Rave Shentavo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:42 pm

speaking about years of disappearing...
Ravelyn Shentavo

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Can't figure out how to delete posts so shortened so that intro isn't taking up so much room
Last edited by Mombacho on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 pm

second part of the intro shortened
Last edited by Mombacho on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:51 pm

There that's the intro. Have fun all.

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Mombacho wrote:There that's the intro. Have fun all.

Just out of curiosity, who was actually accepted?
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:14 pm

last time I talked to Blastit, I understood that everyone who had a character up as well as Theo and Kitab were accepted. Let's go under that assumption. I kinda got Blastit, but we've been playing phone tag since he responded....

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Thus far, Everyone who posted a char is accepted but...

There are TGs for Rhinara, Theao, and Luporum too

Howdy Rave, long time no see lol

Anyone seen Regenius around? He was going to make a char...lol
Last edited by The Blastit Empire on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Made it official, it has begun!

By the way, people won't be able to interact with the Wizard until he awakens (after Thaylia is done with her stuff and everyone else who wants to post before a new day begins)

Steel Butterfly
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Butterfly » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:04 pm

what's the url? (I'm lazy and supposed to be studying)
Founded: March 12th, 2003

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:24 pm

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:32 am

By the way, SB, I smell trouble for poor Angie coming up... Maybe Xanathos can protect her from all the guys in the group :p That may or may not include one of my chars.

Anyways,

Mombacho says anyone can interact with Buzz, she's just flitting b/w buildings escaping from persuers and trying to find somewhere to hide

Kitab Al-Ibar
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kitab Al-Ibar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:17 am

Right, my last exam is over, just finished reading up on the intro, interesting, got my suspicions there about the demon man and the rasping demon. guess my characters wern't remembered much though. :p

Admittedly, Horatio went evil, Ezekiel was an Imp who if given time would likely have switched sides more often than the ball in pong, Mienna would have been good though.

Oh! Is Kre'tahn still around? XD
Last edited by Kitab Al-Ibar on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates