NATION

PASSWORD

Pardesian News Network (Closed; Attn Pardes)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anikatia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Anikatia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:20 am

Anikatia a founding member of the new Association for Regional Cooperation & Security
The new regional alliance is set to rebalance the far east geopolitical landscape in the wake of the OSEN fracture
Seok Yeong-nam (@Seok_Yeong-nam)
July 21, 2015 7:30 AM | Antiytia, Anikatia

President Sui Anyi signs the Treaty of Azkaban forming the Association for Regional Cooperation & Security, July 20, 2015
Source: Cheon Ip-sae / VOSTOK PRESS

ANTIYTIA, Anikatia — In joint press conferences the nations of Anikatia, Minnysota, Tuzbekistan and Valinor announced the creation of the Association for Regional Cooperation & Security. (ARCS) This new alliance is seen by many as the spiritual successor to the Council for Mutual Security and Association (CMSA) which after a brief existence merged with the Skanderan Union to form the Organisation of South-Eastern Nations. (OSEN)

However a lack of unity among members led to a divided and highly ineffective organisation, that last week broke apart due to internal problems. Accusations that the OSEN was a paper tiger have followed the organisation since it failed to intervene in any of the major conflicts arising from its sphere of influence. This lack of action led many to claim that OSEN was more talk than action, and the divided yet Skanderan focused leadership led to problems that ultimately led to the nations of Anikatia and Valinor which were both founding members of the CMSA, to withdraw from OSEN and form a new alliance.

ARCS is seen as new way to avoid the pitfalls of OSEN and provide clearer and more focused aims. Such as the protection of Eastern Pardes from harmful influence. Like the unwarranted and illegal invasion of Albiya by Tarsas and the Ulthrannic Empire which have damaged the stability and peace in the region. Anikatia has been an outspoken critic of the aggression in Albiya, as member of ARCS sees the organisation as a way to help solve and prevent future problems that could harm the regional power balance.

The new alliance as already pushing for action to be taken to limit the devastation caused the by the Albiya conflict, which has already created a humanitarian crisis with many sources reporting over a million people displaced and thousands of refugees taking to illegal smuggling, seeking a better life in nations across the Central ocean, particularly Anikatia.

This has placed considerable strain on Anikatian borders and immigration forces. President Sui as also announced in conjunction with the alliance that there would be a major boost in spending towards the armed forces particularly the navy to cope with this flood of asylum seekers. Saying “ARCS is a cornerstone for peace and stability to our region and will help end this humanitarian crisis and stop the boats.”

The new alliance is also set to boost economic development and trade between members along with the proposed free trade zone within member states. It aims to boost economic development and promote cooperation and mutual assistance between members on matters of common interest. Along with joint funds for collaborative training and research facilities and better utilisation of agriculture and industry to raise living standards, social progress and cultural development.

While the organisation seeks to prevent overt influence from outside powers, it does seek to maintain and expand ties with existing international organisations with similar aims and purposes. Unlike other major alliances such as the Central Defence Initiative (CDI) or Romulă Cooperation Organisation (RCO) which are global in scope. ARCS seeks to defend a well defined area of the far east which according to the treaty covers Ashizwe, Azumakya, Kasaishima and Borea along with the major surrounding oceans within those areas. It seeks not only to defend and provide economic development and trade within these zones but to also preserve and promote the unique Eastern Pardesi cultures across the globe.

The current positions within the alliance will be filled provisionally during and until the setup of the organisation is complete, then a new round of votes will determine the composition. Vidar Thorsen of Valinor was elected by the delegation as the first Chairperson. Cho Jeong-se of Anikatia will take the provisional Secretary-Generalship winning the election in 2 ballots while the other member of the Valinese delegation, Eilert Ragnvald, has been elected as the provisional Deputy Secretary-General.

Despite the temporary status of the positions both the Chairperson Thorsen and Secretary-General Cho released a joint statement detailing the exact caretaker nature of the positions to alleviate any fears over Anikatian and Valinese control of the organisation's leadership positions.

While Pardes newest alliance only has four members at the signing of the Treaty of Azkaban. Reports have already begun to spread that ARCS is set to grow to five with the ascension of Kongnungjang rumoured to be in the works in closed door talks. However members of the ARCS and representatives from the nations present at the treaty signing, declined to comment.

MORE IN ANIKATIA
  • Sunwoo and Guyanseug Technologies to buy discounted Roth factories in Rodarion [ 3865 ]
  • Work to restart on unfinished DSRA-era Albyekreu class supercarrier 'Taesun' [ 4276 ]
  • President Sui prepares for second visit by Pope Constantine [ 1854 ]
MORE IN OPINION
  • Opinion: Neidmar next to withdraw from OSEN? [ 5262 ]
  • Opinion: The Albiyan Tragedy [ 4156 ]
  • Opinion: Satu Mare Earthquake, God's Will? [ 2856 ]
MORE
  • Anikatian Government condemns Niyerian Junta [ 2765 ]
  • Second Bogoria ceasefire agreed in secret talks [ 3864 ]
  • Goredemabwan Presidential Palace Shelled during UAP Agreement [ 2134 ]
      Image Comments [ 6345 ]
      Image E-mail
      © The Antiytia Times 2015

Image 2743 commentsImage STAR THIS DISCUSSION

2NGQ_lover · 1 hour ago
So we have to join a new alliance just to stop the boats??

10 up · 3 down
REPLY · UPVOTE · DOWNVOTE

levantia_minarchist_88 · 2 hours ago
More Defence spending! How about a tax cut for once?

8 up · 10 down

· 4 hours ago
ARCS will make the East strong once again

6 up · 2 down
Last edited by Anikatia on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anikatia
Unity, Peace and Freedom

Anikatian International Trade and Export Corporation
Everything you need aircraft, ships, small arms and vehicles
Storefront of the Month of January 2014

Rodarion
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodarion » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:41 am

The very sight of Papal Army officers in full dress provokes an emotional and appreciative response in public.

On my 18th birthday like so many Rodarian males of the age awoke with dread, not excitement. Elsewhere in the world, people awake on their birthday with excitement, joy and glee at the coming planned festivities, but for Rodarians it is not such a enjoyable experience. I left my bedroom, having heard the postman deliver the mail, descending down the stairs of our modest apartment, I approached the mail box, opened it to find letters for my parents, cards for me, but most importantly the brown envelope with the Papal Army's coat of arms stamped on the right hand corner - I had been one of many to receive the letter calling for national service.

Due to the size of the country's population, it is impossible to enlist every single man who turns 18, so a lottery is formed, a lottery sent out to 850,000 men every year on the day they turn 18, 19, 20, 21 or 22. This was 1985, and getting that letter back then was like being press-ganged into mining operation on the sun, you are furious, hateful and resentful of society and the Church State. In 1985, the Papal Army was in a shoddy state, poorly organised, poorly armed and just a mass of men given terrible training and equally terrible weapons. For the next three years, I would serve my country in the 22nd Infantry Division of the Papal Army, rigorous training (in physical fitness and not much else) was a daily occurance, at the end I chose not to enter the Papal Army as a professional soldier and was instead put in the reserves for another three years, those six years were lost and I will never get them back, a feeling shared by many I served with, but also general society who saw it as a waste of young men. But since 1985, something has changed.

Two months ago, my son got the same letter, but instead of the feelings I felt, my son jumped with joy as if the letter was the State's birthday present to him, he was the happiest 18 year old I had ever seen. And strangely enough I was happy for him also, his brother had got a letter on his 22nd birthday the year previous, except he was called up to join the Navy for three years and intends to become a professional sailor, the Papal Army along the way has come from the annoyance that stole boys away from their parents and three or six years of their lives, now to be called up is one of the luckiest things to happen to a male.

This change in the nation's view towards the Army is profound, now it is viewed as an equal to the highly revered Papal Defence Corps, which prior to this change was the embodiment of those willing to serve the will of the Church and the nation, the elite of the wilful martyrs. The rivalry between the Papal Army and the PDC was a serious aspect of life from the 1980s and through the 1990s, both vying for a bigger budget, vying for exclusive access to equipment and vehicles, but then in 1999, the government decided to unify appropriation of equipment and vehicles, the only thing that sets them apart is the superior training the PDC enjoys and its entire mechanised status. The two forces of the nation now cooperate on levels not seen before, as one PDC general said to me once "the Defence Corps is the spear tip, whilst the Army is the man pushing the spear toward the enemy", this symbiotic relationship has produced perhaps the most fearsome fighting force in Lusankya, a view nearly all citizens of the Papal Republic share.

Last year a poll for the Ministry of Defence and Homeland security asked citizens "Do you respect the Papal Army", 78% said yes, 13% said no and the remaining 8% said they didn't know. A second poll asking "Do you believe the Papal Army is capable of taking on a major military rival", 84% said yes, 6% said no and the remaining 10% said they did not know. Whether the Papal Army is truly capable is a separate matter, but the fact that nearly 85% of the population has the faith that it can, is enough to represent the change in the view, considering the same questions were asked in 1986, only 44% said yes to the first question and 32% said yes to the second in that survey. But polling is not the only piece of evidence, it is out on the streets, television and radio that shows the transformation.

As Chairman of the Senatorial Defence and National Security Committee and my Senate seat being close to Romula, I have lived in the capital since 2000 when I entered the Senate, the easiest means of commuting is the metro and the metro is a fine a means of evaluating public views of the military. Every morning, I see uniformed soldiers walking the metro and the streets above, visiting friends, the city's unrivalled landmarks or attending theory classes at the Saint Romulus the Founder Military Academy, everyday these immaculately dressed men are offered seats by young and old alike, every time the soldiers kindly reject the offers, choosing to the stand in the overcrowded carriages. In cafes and restaurants, the soldiers are offered to be served by members of the queue and staff of the establishments, though most accept the offer in this case. I suppose the change is owed to the huge effort the Papal Army has taken along with the rest of the nation's military to present itself as a symbol of the nation's rejuvenation, no longer the mass of poorly armed and trained peasants, but now one of the most fierce fighting forces in the world.

In 2004, I was one of many Senators urging the Papal Army and the other branches to unify in their PR efforts, in April 2005, the Papal Armed Forces Gazette aptly named Resistance and Honour was published for the first time, it now has over 60 million subscribers, in September of the same year, the Papal Military News Network (PMNN) was founded, which now streams live coverage of military affairs, from ceremonies, training exercises to elaborate wargames. In November 2006, Voice of the Martyrs; the military's radio station was also set up, both the TV and radio efforts are funded by the government and have proved exceptionally useful. This alongside the endless and highly successful box office hits about the military, extensive books, magazines, comics and TV shows have brought about a change in the public's perception of the military.

In preparation for this opinion piece I travelled across central Romula talking to ordinary people and shop owners, one businessman in particular I spoke to, owns a military surplus shop in Lipiscani District. I walked in to find hundreds of camo jackets, combat trousers, boots, caps, tunics, smart trousers, helmets and survival gear, I asked him who does he cater for exactly, his reply shocked me; "everyone, I have ordinary families come in to buy everything in here, the uniforms are very popular with youngsters who haven't been called up, they buy the uniforms for parties mostly, but they come back and say thank you for the goods because they've now decided to enlist voluntarily with the armed forces, the uniform is like a magnet for the recruiters" he laughed.

I travelled down the road to a cafe notoriously popular with Academy students, the walls are covered in military propaganda posters from the 50s, 60s and 90s, the PMNN is on every TV screen, I asked the owner where he got the posters from and he replied that he has collected them all his life, but most interestingly he told me that plenty of civilian customers ask where to buy them, "the man I buy these posters off has made a fortune from ordinary people buying them for their homes, my wife's sister's home has an enormous one from 1965, next to the portrait of the Holy Father, truly amazing".

It soon dawned on me that the Papal Armed Forces' efforts at PR have paid off, as the nation's economy continues to grow at a huge pace, as the nation continues to rejuvenate into the world power it has always supposed to be, the public's love and adoration for its soldiers, pilots and sailors has grown with it. In last year's general election, the National Catholic Party of which I am a Senator for, ran a slogan; "Church, Senate, Army - Rejuvenation for all", to me that sums up the great swathes the once despised force has covered. In a country where the Army is adored as much as the Church State, the country's potential has no bounds, the Rise of the Papal Republic is also tied to the Rise of the Papal Army, if the Army can transform its image in the space of 30 years, what can it do in another 30 years? Only good that is the truth.

Written by Senator Laurensiu Raducioiu (NCP), current Chairman of the Senatorial Defence and National Security Committee.

MORE From OP-Express
  • Why Bogoria Cannot be Trusted [ 5243 ]
  • Humanitarian Crisis in Bogoria a Crime in Itself [ 9429 ]
  • NCP government to wage war on newspapers that lie [ 1375 ]
MORE FROM National Exprima
  • Gas explosion at Livada Plant down to poor maintenance [ 1824 ]
  • Pope Constantine set for Second Anikatia Visit [ 2782 ]
  • Consul to join Pope in Anikatia visit [2782 ]
  • Manufacturing PMI Index up to 76.4 [ 1003 ]
    Image Comments Disabled [ N/A ]
    Image E-mail
    © National Exprima
Last edited by Rodarion on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:41 pm

WEEKEND FOREIGN AFFAIRS ROUNDUP

Political time bomb in Bogoria, tension rising in Ashizwe

Weekend foreign affairs roundup
24/07/2015
Peter Waugh, Political Correspondent

Welcome to another Weekend Foreign Affairs Roundup, bringing you the latest in chaos and mayhem from around the world. A war is abating in Bogoria, though with a dramatic new twist. Another war is heating up in Niyeria, as tribal militias continue to wage an effective guerrilla war against attempts by the junta’s troops to snuff them out. Finally, things are warming up in Goredemabwa as the government comes under armed attack and fearless dissidents speak out against government corruption and human rights violations.

War, peace and leakage

So, after a rocket attack, a massed rebel counteroffensive, coalition bombings and government forces stabilising the front after an epic withdrawal (it seems a bit rude to call it a ‘rout’, though that’s probably the more accurate adjective), we once again return to a state of ceasefire, on roughly the same geographical lines as the last one, despite the thousands killed and maimed on both sides in the intervening months. Also of note is the fact that, once again, the ceasefire was negotiated in advance under the table by the Rodarian and Arthuristan foreign ministries, with their respective proxies being told to sign on the dotted line as a fait accompli afterwards. So far, so normal at this point.

Here is where it gets rather interesting. A few days after the ceasefire came into effect, an anonymous source from the Bogorian government tipped off the Utena Express that Kirkalis is drawing up plans to relinquish emergency power and call fresh elections for the parliament; a laudable act, in the usual run of things. What got many Bogorians very riled up, however, is the fact that only the northern electoral districts, i.e. those areas still under government control, would take part in the proposed election. For bowing to the reality that the government is unlikely to recapture the south in the near future, if ever, and that they might as well sit back, return to business as usual and take the next steps with a proper parliament in place, the Bogorian right exploded.

“President Kirkilas is to be commended for his commitment to our democratic constitution – many in his position would be tempted to prolong the state of emergency powers which enables him to effectively rule by decree for the duration,” said Miloš Špidla, MP for the centre-right United Bogoria and former prime minister. “However, the plan is profoundly alarming for its failure to make any provisions for the southern provinces. True, they are in a state of rebellion against the legitimate government. This does not prevent them from being part of the sovereign territories of Bogoria, as recognised by the international community. By failing to include the south in the election plan, or to return MPs representing the southern electoral districts in the new parliament, the president is, in effect, permanently conceding the separation of the south. This is not a state of affairs which can be considered tolerable by any reasonable citizen of Bogoria.”

The response from the Right Vector, the friendly neighbourhood fascists, thugs and hooligans from the peasant fringe of the Bogorian right, was measurably less polite. “This is nothing short of treason,” said the party’s erudite spokesman during a press conference, where he read out his fiery critique of the power that be whilst dressed in the stereotypical jackboots and sleeveless leather coat, “our gallant warriors have been stabbed in the back yet again by the spineless leftists who run the country. Mark my words, this will not go unavenged.” Considering the number of LDV units sponsored by the Right Vector, this may not be an entirely idle threat.

Goredemabwan dissidents fight the power

Most Goredemabwans, like their counterparts everywhere else ruled by authoritarian governments, tend not to express their true sentiments about the regime too loudly or openly. Recently, however, Goredemabwan journalists, academics, bloggers, lawyers and other public figures have come out to denounce the endemic corruption, human rights violations and illegal acts of the government. Beginning with the headline editorial from the Kotogore Times last month – “Enough is enough, True Democracy Now” by their chief editor Catherine Muwezi, large sections of the Goredemabwan press and blogosphere have followed suit and published their own denunciations of the regime. This tidal wave of high profile condemnations by high profile people have begun to have an effect. In Tarangyika, protestors besieged the local office of the Ulthrannic company United Ashizwean Partnership for nearly six hours for continuing to invest and do business in Goredemabwa. Pressure is building in the capitals of Free Pardes to sanction the regime in Kotogore. No campaign of repression has been mounted by the Goredemabwan government against these dissidents, yet. Their high profile positions may make the regime slightly more circumspect as to how they’d treat these people, though judging by their track record, especially after the recent mortaring of the presidential palace, something tyrannical is likely to be in the works.

More war in Niyeria

In another corner of Ashizwe, the argument between the ruler and the ruled is taking the form of bullets and bombs rather than fiery rhetorics. Despite the junta’s undoubted superiority in conventional armaments, the tribal militias remained defiant, keeping together a credible insurgency movement against the regular army and the Ulthrannic paramilitaries the regime is hastily cobbling together to tackle the rebels.

In Constatinople, Dr Francis Oyelowo, leader of the government in exile, is still calling on the international community to halt the junta’s “genocidal campaign of terror” against non-Ulthrannic tribal groups. As the death toll continues to rise and the refugee crisis mounts, pressure is ramping up for the world to “do something”. The junta has refused to accept any OPA peacekeeping contingent in the warzone, however, declaring that any such moves would be an “unacceptable violation of Niyerian sovereignty.” It is clear that any attempt by Free Pardes to resolve this problem will place it squarely in a collision course with the regime.
Last edited by Arthurista on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kongnungjang
Civilian

Founded: Jul 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kongnungjang » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:51 pm

K O N G N Ŭ N G J A N G • C E N T R A L • N E W S • A D M I N I S T R A T I O N
중앙 뉴스 관리 사람들을 위해

King Pak Yong-chee announces intentions to join Association for Regional Cooperation & Security
The Pak Regency formally plans to join the ARCS after pressure from social unrest.
Kang Ryu-chol (@KCNA_Kang)
July 25, 2015 4:34 PM | Chyongchung, Kongnŭngjang

King Pak Yong-chee, in one of his first public addresses this year, announces Kongnŭngjang's intentions to
join the ARCS in front of the Royalist Assembly on Saturday.

CHYONGCHUNG, Kongnŭngjang — King Pak Yong-chee made his first public appearance of this year today in a landmark speech given in front of the Royalist Assembly in the capital of Chyongchung, stating intentions to for the Second Kingdom to join the nations of Anikatia, Minnysota, Tuzbekistan and Valinor in the newly forged Association for Regional Cooperation & Security (ARCS).

This announcement marks the first time that the Second Kingdom will enter into a diplomatic and military alliance since the Pak Regency declared a State of Non-Fraternization in 1989, when King Pak Yong-chee declared Western influence to be killing the Kingdom's society and culture shortly after his father's death that year. While it formally renounced ties diplomatically with every Pardesian nation aside from Anikatia, tourism and trade continued to grow steadily in the following years.

King Pak Yong-chee cited the reasons for Kongnŭngjang to join the ARCS being the current internal security situation within the Kingdom. In just the last month, there were over one-hundred riots in the country, mostly because of a lack of food and healthcare. In theory, the Kingdom provides free food and healthcare for every citizen, but in practice, because of poor harvests and a bloated government, the lack of these amenities have led to social unrest. Grocery stores and hospitals are now guarded by troops from the Royal Army while rice paddies are patrolled by militias and death squads, according to sources within the Kongnŭngjang Labor Administration.

The King also stated that the Pak Regency realizes that Kongnŭngjang while is a popular destination and has a extremely-large manufacturing sector, concerns over the environment and human rights have led to inquiry from other nations as to whether action should be taken against the Pak Regency. King Pak Yong-chee stated with the entry into the ARCS will come social and economic reform.

"I realize that the People are in a struggle, Kongnŭngjang is in a struggle. It is my role as your ruler, your provider, to ensure the success of every citizen. As Kongnŭngjang enter the Association for Regional Cooperation and Security, I will ensure reform of the highest degree to help the People of the Second Kingdom and to improve relations between the Kingdom and other states," said King Pak Yong-chee in front of the legislature.

As the Kongnŭngjang Foreign Affairs Office sent in a formal application for entry into the ARCS hours after King Pak Yong-chee's speech, Chairman Song Lee-jang of the Royalist Presidium ordered the Kongnŭngjang Telecommunications Authority to allow access to social media websites for all citizens with Internet, a move praised by critics of the Pak Regency, marking the beginning of the reforms that the King promised.

Image Comments [ 6345 ]
Image E-mail
© KCNA 2015
Last edited by Kongnungjang on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:47 pm

BREAKING: 8.5 Magnitude Earthquakes Strikes, Tsunami Hits Northern Coast
By Hilary Welker (@H_WelkerANI)
July 30, 2015

Erikson D.E, Kalenia-

Kalenia is in a state of perpetual morning this evening as a series of earthquakes, the strongest being 8.5 magnitude on the Richter scale, devastated much of the northeastern Kalenian coast. In its aftermath, dozens of towns have been leveled, leaving no doubt that there are hundreds, if not thousands dead following the deadly earthquakes. Acre, Kalenia's seventh largest city and home to nearly two million citizens, was paralyzed as its road network was seemingly annihilated, its power grid faded into nothing but darkness, and buildings were toppled. Despite the damaging earthquake itself, Acre was also met with a massive tsunami formed after the shockwaves generated from the series of earthquakes. The tsunami itself made landfall at 5:57 AM, striking the Jordan, a small city of 12,449 people. It's levee and seawall systems catastrophically failed (possibly due to it being outdated), leading to millions of gallons of water leaking into the community. Emergency rescuers have since been deployed to the area.

Acre was hit by the tsunami a few minutes after Jordan was. While its levee and seawall systems remained largely intact, some areas did fail, leading water to pour into the Peach Grove suburbs, a suburban neighborhood sitting on the coast. Other areas affected were covered in up to ten feet high water. While a state of emergency was declared and evacuations were ordered immediately, many people were caught by the surging waves, killing many civilians.

Damage in Jordan following Tuesday's Earthquake and subsequent
tsunami that has already claimed the lives of over 2,000 citizens.

Kalenia's largest city, Au de Kalokos, was far enough away to avoid substantial earthquake damage, but did suffer serious water damage as a result of the tsunami. For the most part, the sea walls held with only 10% failing. The affected areas were already caked in upwards of four to five feet of water, which helped to seep into mostly unaffected areas. Au de Kaloko's downtown area received minimal damage with damage coming from shattered glass windows from its several skyscrapers and cracks in stone and brick buildings. As debris is cleared in the coming days, workers will be able to conduct an extensive inspections of Au de Kalokos' skyscrapers and their structural integrity.

The earthquake's epicenter was forty-three miles north of Jordan. The tectonic shifts helped to trigger a large tsunami with waves swelling to a height of 84 ft, significantly higher than the most recent tsunami in 2004, which exceeded in heights of 65 ft. The earthquake was the largest quake in Kalenian recorded history, shattering the previous 7.8 Saral Earthquake in 1992. Furthermore, this natural disaster, with its creation of the tsunami, may very well end up being the deadliest and largest natural disaster Kalenia has ever faced.

According to one survivor, Emma who was caked in dust and mud, the experience has left her shocked. "It was so sudden- my family was outside barbecuing, having fun, playing games, and then it happened. The ground started to shake, the pool caved in, and immediately my mom and dad grabbed me and my sister and tried to shield us. The screams, all the screams... so much screaming..." The incident has left millions visibly shocked.

The sheer size of the disaster has an estimated cost of tens of billions of dollars in clean up and rebuilding. Hundreds of thousands of civilians have already been displaced within twenty-four hours, leading to several disaster relief centers being set up. Hundreds of large buildings have been toppled, with the largest, Acre's Mall of Kalenia having completely caved in. Along with the estimated high financial repercussions, the loss of life has already been confirmed to be over 2,000 lives, making the disaster one of the deadliest natural events in Kalenia's history. Many thousands are still reported to be dead or trapped under the piles of debris that have covered Kalenia's northern city.

President Peris has yet to address the public following the incident. She was last seen evacuating the Senate building in Erikson as the tsunami began to pour in. More word on her whereabouts will be given later.

Hilary Welker reported from Virian, Kalenia.

MORE IN POLITICS
  • Hundreds of thousands displaced as tsunami strikes Kalenia [ 9,385 ]
  • Disaster Relief Stations Set Up in Wake of Tsunami [ 15,049 ]
    Image Comments [40,284 ] | Image E-mail this article
    © ANI 2015
The Elven Kingdom of Amador
TETly Father of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Hornatyia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornatyia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Government announces referendum on future in the Romulă Cooperation Organisation

Prime Minister Štefan Jahnátek after announcing the referendum.

Cizekporok, HORNATYIA (July 31, 2015) -- Prime Minister Štefan Jahnátek appeared on national television and announced a national referendum on Hornatyia's future in the Romulă Cooperation Organisation. Jahnátek denounced his predecessor, Janos Ratkovic, for joining the RCO as an optionary member without holding a national referendum as required in the constitution. However, Ratkov did seek parliamentary approval, and with the support of the Renewal party, which had a majority in the Národná Rada at the time, the legislation allowing Hornatyia's membership in the RCO passed. Hornatyia formally joined the RCO November 1st, 2014, despite immense opposition from opposition parties such as Economic Liberation and the anti-RCO civil group, Sloboda pre všetkých.

Sloboda pre všetkých (Freedom for all) was formed in 2014, when former Prime Minister Janos Ratkovic announced that Hornatyia would join the RCO. The group organized a series of high profile protests in the capital Cizekporok and other parts of Hornatyia. The group defined the RCO as a "group of oppressive autocrats that Hornatyia shouldn't be aligned with".

According to the government, the upcoming referendum will have four questions, "Do you support Hornatyia's continued membership in the Romulă Cooperation Organisation?", "Do you support Hornatyia becoming a full member in the Romulă Cooperation Organisation?" or "Do you support Hornatyia leaving the Romulă Cooperation Organisation and returning to a non-aligned status in international affairs, with neutrality being defined in the Constitution?"

Štefan Jahnátek said that this decision to hold a referendum is based on a campaign pledge that Hornatyia will hold a referendum on its membership in the RCO. Renewal MPs threatened to boycott any vote on a constitutional change, calling the referendum a 'farce'. If option three is chosen, the Národná Rada will be required to vote on a constitution change adding a clause that will define neutrality in the constitution. If the clause is added, Hornatyia will be forbidden from aligning itself with any nation or international organization that is military in nature.

Western Confederation
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Confederation » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 am

Neo-Citizenists celebrate Nos Callis massacre
One of the biggest terrorist attacks on Lysankyan soil since the civil war counted a death toll of 3054 in Nos Callis three months ago. Today a controversial video depicting neo-citizenists with rifles and flags burning the Belfrasian flag, out their support to the perpetrators.
Christine Ridgeway, cridgeway@lsj.com(Liberty Square Journal)
August 3, 2015 | Franklin, South Lake

Neo-citizenists burning the Belfrasian flag following the Nos Callis terrorist attacks.

LSJ - Roughly three month have passed since the horrific terrorist attacks in Nos Callis leaving 3,054 dead and many more injured. New footage was leaked on the web showcasing men with rifles in an undisclosed area within Montgomery celebrating in light of these horrific stream of events. These men are designated terrorist under Confederal law - as it once was, but with the dissolution they have grown stronger and bigger as security forces are shrinking in size since the privatization.

The people in the video have allegedly participated in a riot near Lumberjack avenue, Viridian City, three weeks ago, which Omnicorp -- the company that took over the Viridian Police Department -- confirmed. The ongoing situation in Viridian City is very much downhill, both socially and economically, as are most of the states since the dissolution. Big Pardesi commercial cities such as Franklin and Karlsfield are rampaged by trade union demands and foreign investment is dropping by the day. Despite the efforts of the board of directors to approach Belhavian, Rodarian, and Emmerian giants.

According to the R. Von Ludwich report, "the wealthiest 1% became exponentially richer, whilst the rest became poorer." Gang affiliation, and other criminal enterprises become the more attractive as a result, Ludwich stresses. Whether this is due to the transition to a fully operated, Pardesi-first market economy is still debatable. But the fact remains statistics do not lie, and for many scholars such as dr. Ludwich, this is worrying.

For this particular pro-terror group in question, they portray themselves as Citizenists or neo-citizenists. Members of the Western Original Republican Army, or WORA for short. A far left break-away militia group from the infamous Western Republican Army, active on the former condominium isles that are now formally part of the Belfrasian Kingdom since the dissolution. This controversial group seeks to annihilate any form of authoritarian or elite control over its citizens. They oppose the seven market states as they claim they are serving for corporate interests.

It has been nearly fifty years since the end of the civil war and this chapter still doesn't seem closed. Citizenists are one of the most brutal killers of the 20th century and their legacy lives on in these people. On the video there are multiple teenagers spotted clad in balaclavas, t-shirts of war criminals, whistling and chanting, "death to the Aris!" ,which is a derogatory term meant to describe Belfrasian aristocrats, or in this case Belfrasian civilians. It also showcased the burning of the Belfrasian flag.

The Board of Directors of Montgomery, apologized for the recent controversial video and added that it wishes to cooperate with the Belfrasian government related to the issue.

MORE IN BUSINESS
  • BREAKING NEWS: Global inflation [ 2555 ]
  • The Roth family: the most powerful family of the world. [ 1355 ]
  • Common Motors holds a 28.5% stake in AAU [ 1210 ]
  • The Papal Republic 1990-2015 [ 1043 ]
  • The deflationary spiral continues on [ 155 ]
    Image Comments [ 993 ] | Image E-mail this article
    © Liberty Square Journal

Neidmar
Secretary

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neidmar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:08 am

Nordus Aerospace Announce plans for Space Hotel

Artists Representation of the Nordus Space Hotel

Yarman Histler | 4th August 2015

This morning during a press conference Larvin Nordus announced his new ambitious plans to launch a hotel into space. He announced the arms of Nordus Aerospace and Nordus Lifestyle will be brought together to design and develop the technology needed to launch one of the very first hotels in space. Larvin Nordus is the current CEO and of one of Neidmar's Largest conglomerates, Nordus produces everything from luxury home items to the Jet engine parts used by Commercial airlines. Its aerospace arm over the past several years has increased its portfolio massively having swallowed up several small space start ups as well as launching satellites into earth orbit for Nordus Telephonika and various other communications businesses.

Some has speculated that it wouldn't be long before a Neidmarrian company announced its ambitions to go into space, Near Pardes Asteroids have recently been sought after due to their potential to hold precious minerals and metals that have been estimated to be worth in excess of a 100 billion dollars in some cases. In Neidmar however space tourism has never really come to the spotlight in Neidmar many may have talked about it in the past around the world but this is the first time a Neidmarrian Company has openly come out and stated that they were going to do it.

Larvin Nordus is not without his critics however, many have said that the man is living in his own little bubble and that only the richest would be able to afford a few precious days in orbit around earth. some one would say that this wasn't a valid business venture and doomed to fail from the start. If Larvin is anything he is determined and then he gets behind something he sees it through to the end, We approached Larvin for a comment to see what he had to say about his detractors.

"There are always risks, every day I take risks to keep Nordus ahead of its competitors in Neidmar and around the world. I have a vision for the future and I believe that mankind's future is out there in the stars. Whilst mobile phones and smart devices are cool and enrich our lives we can stick our noses into them forever we need to look up and see the untapped potential of our solar system. The Nordus Space Hotel is step a single step in a wider plan for the future, the stepping stone in technology and experience that we as a species need to see us through to other worlds."

Nordus Aeronautics has already been said to be in talks with the NNSEA for use of its launch facilities and their expertise to help make Larvins ambitious plan a reality. Nordus hotel at least in its first iteration is rumoured to be able to house up to 6 people comfortably in a small habitation module that will be anchored into geosynchronous orbit around the world roughly 37,000 KM's from the surface of the earth. Larvin let slip that in the future Nodus hotel could well become the platform for civilian space traffic to jump off from. There hasnt been a comment from the NNSEA about the announcement or the JSA who would no doubt be interested in Larvins plans for the future of humankind.

[Comments]
More on Neidmar Daily
  • Would you stay in space?
  • Defence Minister announces a full Marine Regiment will be deployed the Gael Island
  • Neidmar to renegotiate deal in OSEN
  • Just how broke is Hornatyia?
  • Rumour says that Neidmarrians on Sanatasia would back incorporation to the republic
Last edited by Neidmar on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rodarion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodarion » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Location of the discovered oil and gas fields in the Sea of Orlessia.

The Ministry of Finance has released a report written by the the Rodarian State Petroleum Corporation (RSPC) and the Rodarian State Offshore Resources Corporation (RSORC) that has effectively confirmed that an area of the Sea of Orlessia does possess vast amounts of oil and natural gas, which is estimated to contain 453 billion barrels of oil and up to 4.5 trillion cubic metres of natural gas, a combined monetary value of over $2.8 trillion in current prices. In a joint statement, both the Minister of Finance and the Ministry of Industry and Labour vowed to begin to immediate exploitation of these resources, Consul Ceausescu has proclaimed the official findings a "truly miraculous find that benefit the nation for decades".

In 2012, the Ceausescu government commissioned the Rodarian State Petroleum Corporation and the Rodarian State Offshore Resources Corporation to survey the so called "Iovian Rise" in the Sea of Orlessia, since the early 2000s rumours and speculations that the area of sea contains vast amounts of hydrocarbons has fuelled the curiosities of both Rodarion and neighbouring Orlessia, three years later with the survey complete alongside prospecting trips, the rumours have been proven true.

Last week, Chairwoman of the RSPC, Roxana Ceausescu surmised in an interview on the Finance Observations talk show of PRRB, that the findings from the survey "were beyond anything we had hoped to find in the first place, this is truly an amazing discovery and the benefits to Rodarian energy security is equally profound." She also confirmed that the RSPC's commissioning of Pegasus Prospecting, an Emmerian oil company to survey a small area west of the Iovian Rise, known as the Minerva Shoal, she confirmed on the interview that Pegasus Prospecting had also discovered a gas deposit.

Speaking to reporters at the Senate News Centre, Minister of Finance, Marian Dumitrescu explained the findings, "what has been discovered in both the Iovian and Minerva areas of the Sea of Orlessia is extremely exciting and represents a massively beneficial energy source for the Papal Republic. The findings by no means will present to us a means for self-sufficiency due to our energy needs outstripping the volume discovered, it does however offer us a greater level of energy security, we will for the first time since 1980, be able to reduce imports.

"The report published today will offer all an insight into the key details that define future exploitation, I can confirm that the areas are at a suitable depth for easy access, the fields are secure enough for maximum exploitation by rigs and the cost of exploitation are much lower than previous estimates over older discoveries. All deposits have been found to be lacking any major fissures that will jeopardise access to the reserves. These details is what has cemented our will to act immediately to exploit these deposits, any further wait would be a waste of both potential and financial gain.

"As a result of the unanimous decision by both the RSPC, the government and the Vatican Bank, exploitation will begin within immediate speed. Both the government and the Vatican Bank will offer the RSPC and the RSORC the necessary financial support to begin operations. We expect the first oil platform and support assets to be in place within two weeks, exploitation of the deposits will begin within a month's time minimum, this is truly an outstanding result" he said.

However this morning, several key judicial officials raised concerns over the Papal Republic's right to access the resources, due to the fields overlapping both Neidmarian and Orlessian waters, especially their Exclusive Economic Zones. Speaking on Vatican TV this morning, a Supreme Papal Tribunal judge, Fr. Radu Preda said, "though I do not question the validity of the findings nor the benefits of them, I question the legal justification and basis on which the Papal Republic has the right to exploit the resources in waters that do not belong to the Papal Republic."

However the legal concerns have been dismissed by both government ministers and officials at the RSPC, with Chairwoman Roxana Ceausescu stating that the maps the RSPC use clearly show the waters around the findings to be within the Papal Republic's jurisdiction. "I respect the concerns raised by judicial minds, but the maps we use, which are published by the Papal Office of Cartography, these are official and all show the Minerva Shoal and the Iovian Rise as being within Rodarion's waters, the line of demarcation extends from the Mantuva Minor Islands, so I cannot question the validity of these borders" she said.

The Iovian Rise and the Minerva Shoal are dominated by tiny rocks, coral reefs and numerous islands, some capable of housing human life and offering economic productivity, however none are claimed by Neidmar or Orlessia, despite being within the Papal Republic's territorial waters, they are uninhabited, the RSPC and the Papal Navy have agreed that development of the geographic features might be necessary in light of the government's permission to the RSORC to begin exploitation of the fields.

Hours after the announcement was made, shares in both the Rodarian State Petroleum Corporation and the Rodarian State Offshore Resources Corporation rose by 12%, Minister of Industry and Labour, Costica Sala during the press conference said, "The development of the Iovian Rise and the Minerva Shoal will be a major source for employment, investment by ordinary citizens, to fully develop and exploit the fields in question, will require up to 15,000 workers involved at various stages of the hydrocarbon exploitation process, this will require further shipbuilding, engineering related jobs, electricians and so on, this is truly an incredible discovery that will only enhance the speed of national rejuvenation and economic resilience."

Written by Emilian Hila.

MORE From National Express
  • Why Bogoria Cannot be Trusted [ 5243 ]
  • Kalenian earthquake and tsunami: Live Updates [ 9429 ]
  • Government announces $250 million aid package for Kalenia [ 1375 ]
  • 16 arrested over Livada Gas Explosion [ 1824 ]
  • M66 highway near completion [ 1003 ]
    Image E-mail
    © National Exprima

Neidmar
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Neidmar » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:56 am

Romula Seeks to claim whole Oil find

Image taken from National Exprima

Andreas Kless | 6th August 2015

Yesterday Romula made noises over a massive oil find in the Orlessia sea. Rodarion Law makers yesterday stated that they intended to to exploit a gas and oil find that could change the dynamic of oil production in the Orlessia sea. Recently a major oil and gas reserves were found in the Orlessia sea a field spanning several hundred kilometres portions of which are located within Neidmarrian maritime waters. Several hours after the announcement from Romulus, Altstein responded saying that the claims were illegal as the majority of the southern portion of the oil field fall within the claimed maritime boarders of the Republic thus already claimed. Minister of Economic development confirmed that his department has already put in a request for ratification on the claims to the OPA.

More on this story as it develops!

[Comments]
More on Neidmar Daily
  • Nordus Space Hotel
  • Fuel prices could drop by as much as 10 pence with new oil finds
  • Neidmar to renegotiate deal in OSEN
  • Rumour says that Neidmarrians on Sanatasia would back incorporation to the republic

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:27 pm

PUBLIC POLICY UNIT PUBLISHES NEW POLITICAL CHART

Study aims to produce a more nuanced analysis of the 'ethos of Pardesi nations'

Weekend foreign affairs roundup
08/08/2015
Peter Waugh, Political Correspondent

The University College Loweport’s Public Policy Unit has housed the analysts of choice of the Arthuristan government and civil service for decades. Their critical insight on the running of domestic and foreign policies has time and again proven crucial in providing practical advice to Arthuristan policy-makers for decades. Hence, when the PPU announced that it has created a new political-positions concept chart to help the Foreign Office analyse and predict the behaviours of foreign governments, the commentariat and chatterati of the nation paid very careful attention indeed.

The chart in question

”A new way of looking at things”

“The main objective we sought to accomplish is to enable the Foreign Office to identify the governing ethos of a nation or a society at a glance,” said Professor Charles Blackman, Director of the PPU. “Obviously, such a graph is only a model, an abstract representation of reality, and a map is not a territory. Huge generalisations are inevitable. Bearing its limitations firmly in mind, however, we still believe what we created is a very useful tool for policy-makers.”

“Y is the more important of the two axes. It determines the ‘ends’ of a society or nation – what it seeks to accomplish.”

“The ‘rationalism’ end of the axis represents societies which are more prone to making decisions grounded in ‘logic’ or ‘knowledge’. They seek pragmatic solutions to problems of today, rather than look towards an idealised future or past. They also tend to be ‘humanist’ in that they consider a state to be primarily a vehicle to maximise the material welfare and safeguard the rights and liberties of its individual citizens. They are, in short, societies rooted in the enlightenment and modernism, as opposed to ‘reactionary’ or ‘postmodernist’ ideologies.”

“The ‘romanticism’ end of the axis represents societies which are, for want of a better word, ‘transcendentalist’, ‘sentimentalists’ or ‘emotional’ – those who believe that the nation state exists as an idealised platonic form above and beyond that of its constituent individual citizens. Another key tendency is anti-positivism – the belief that human logic and reasoning are finite or imperfect, and that the ends of a society must come from somewhere or something ‘beyond’. An important allied concept is that of essentialism, the idea that the state and a cultural norm, religion or societal form are intractably tied and that the former’s most important task is to use the machinery of the state at its disposal to preserve and enforce these abstract norms. Furthermore, these societies are ‘mythological’ or ‘visionary’ in nature, in that they subscribe to the notion of an idealised ‘grand narratives’ or ‘golden age’ in the past or future, and that the goal of the state is to help the nation to return to, or attain, this state of being.”

“Obviously, the Y-axis only describes a society’s goals, not its methods. A government may fully internalise its own propaganda and gravitate towards the most luridly emotional bottom end of the Y-axis, but at the same time is fully prepared to use the most pragmatic of means to bring about its goals. This is completely irrelevant to the Y-axis – only the final desired objective counts.”

“If the Y-axis depicts the ‘ends’, the X-axis does so with the ‘means’, but only in terms of domestic policy. What governments are willing to do with those who are not its citizens is a matter not touched upon in our analysis. To accomplish its goals, whether rationalist or romanticist, governments are often forced to restrict the liberties of its citizens, its businesses and other non-governmental bodies. This is a major determining factor of the character of a society or state, nearly as important as the rationalist-romanticist dichotomy, hence its inclusion in this chart.”

Economic freedoms

“Needless to say, our decision to throw both personal and economic freedoms in the same axis will be controversial. On the whole, however, we think we are justified in doing so. Firstly, the ideological debate that once held sway during the Cold War is more or less extinct – every major power that matters has adopted some form of market economy. Secondly, while embraced by excitable massed-market pundits and their simpleton consumers, labelling something as ‘left-wing’ or ‘right-wing’ doesn’t exactly offer much to the policy-maker, whereas our chart offers much more nuance. A neo-liberal and a communist, for instance, are both near the top on the Y-axis. Their goals are similar – the creation of an economy which is most efficient in distributing resources for the benefit of the citizenry. As such, both are supremely rationalist philosophies. Where they differ is their means of achieving said goals, reflected in their positioning on the opposite ends of the X-axis. A typical fascist regime may appear to be a paradox in this analysis – it is repressive in most things, but would usually offer a reasonable degree of freedom to big businesses. This is explained by the fact that such a regime would ultimately still be driven by an anti-rationalist goal, towards the attainment of some national- or cultural-essentialist vision of the future, while the large conglomerates and monopolies which thrived under historical examples of fascist regimes are allowed to be free because they were tools towards building the necessary economic strength for military expansionism. In short, they are but rationalist means towards romanticist ends, and it is the ends which count for the purposes of the Y-axis.

Real world case studies

The chart with real world examples

The various Pardesi states look roughly where they ought to be on the PPU chart. However, a couple of examples appear to have strayed from the popular perception of where they ought to be located.

“The URE is indeed quite a bit more romanticist than it appears at first glance. This is due to their politicians’ penchant for ideological grandstanding on ‘grand narratives’ and bothering with private societal issues,” explained professor Blackman. “Rodarion isn’t quite as far down the control side as a classic theocratic dictatorship – its state repression is somewhat ameliorated by the existence of a form of genuine multiparty politics. We also put Belhavia firmly on the far end of Romanticism, due to its fixation with ideological purity and cultural essentialism. However, its repressive social policies are balanced by its vibrant multiparty politics and economic freedoms, so we placed it at precisely 0 on the X-axis.”

Overall, it seems to be a measurably more usable system than its predecessors. However, the professor admitted that the PPU considers it as still very much a work in progress. “Societies change, and we must constantly analyse and re-analyse their behaviours in order to provide accurate and update advice to policy makers. It’s a challenging enterprise, yes, but immensely intellectually satisfying as well.”

Hornatyia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornatyia » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Hornatyia to leave the RCO, Parliament to vote on non-aligned status

Hornatyian Prime Minister Štefan Jahnátek.

Cizekporok, HORNATYIA (August 9, 2015) -- The results of the referendum were announced at 7:30 P.M today, with 98% of all districts reporting in. 61.7% of Hornatyians voted for leaving the Romulă Cooperation Organisation, with 21.2% voting for staying within the RCO and 17.1% voting for progressing membership into a full member of the RCO. The results were applauded by Hornatyian PM Štefan Jahnátek, stating "We are choosing our future. The people have spoken". Jahnátek's decision to hold a referendum were met with anger by the opposition, with several Renewal MPs threatening to boycott the vote on leaving the RCO and inserting the non-aligned status into the Constitution.

King Milanko issued a statement, calling the referendum "the right decision" and saying "the revolution in 1987 was so our people can have a choice. A choice to decide the future of the country". Former PM Janos Ratkovic issued a statement, calling the referendum "a step back in our nation's history". He warned that the RCO will most likely not take this lightly. He warned people to vote for staying in the RCO or Hornatyia's recession could worsen as a result of the loss of free trade with RCO nations.

Joining the RCO was a controversial decision undertaken by Ratkovic. It was a policy he set forth in the 2013 election, which itself is under review. Hornatyia joined the RCO as an optionary member, only joining the trade bloc, as leaked documents stated that by joining the security alliance, the government feared that a "1987" would occur. "1987" refers to the year the Workers' Party of Hornatyia was overthrown during a popular revolution.

The 2013 election is being disputed by several political parties, including the ruling Economic Liberation party. The review is being undertaken by a independent commission under Parliamentary authority. The results are disputed after leaked voting records showed that 3,900 deceased Hornatyians had voted for Janos Ratkovic's Renewal Party.

The Narodna Rada is set to vote on leaving the RCO tomorrow and debate adding the non-aligned status to the Constitution. Constitutional changes are required by law to be voted on by the Parliament. Leaving an international organization or voiding signatures on international agreements are also required to be voted by Parliament according to the Constitution.

Neidmar
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Neidmar » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:39 am

PardesLeaks Releases new Batch of Documents

Andreas Kless | 11th August 2015

PardesLeaks a prevalent and notorious website has today leaked several thousand new documents into the public domain yesterday in their so called attempt to make the world a more transparent place. Several of these documents have come to the for front of the media's attention due to the current situation that is looming over the Orlessia Sea between Neidmar and Rodarion. Recently Rodarion announced its plan to exploit the recently discovered oil and gas deposits found under the ocean surface in the Orlessia sea off the coast of Neidmar and Orlessia.

Naturally parliament was outraged and has already made moves to block Rodarions attempt to monopolise the new found gas and oil supplies aswell as increase their maritime borders which could have a profound effect on Neidmars ability to trade with its foreign partners in Skandera. It is common knowledge that Rodarion and Neidmar have never seen completely eye to eye through out history even with repeated attempts by Prime minister Hess's government to ease and even warm relations between the two countries through potentially lucrative trade deals. Little head way has been made however and this latest stunt by the powers that be in Romulus could well set diplomatic relations back tracking.

It seems however that Altstein has been busy in the midst and indeed before Romulous made their audacious claims. Recent documents released to the public domain on PardesLeaks show communications between Neidmar and Anthor ranging in date from several weeks ago to several days ago detailing a less and official cooperation between Anthor and with the backing of several key CDI members to guarantee the stability of the Lusankya region. The documents go on to outline agreements between Neidmar and CDI member nations for mutual cooperation in keeping the region stable and attempting to block and discourage changing of borders through forceful means in the Lusankya region of Pardes.

Whilst these documents may not have anything to do with the current situation looming in the Orlessia sea, they do set a precedent in the region confirming Neidmar and many of CDI's members commitment to keeping the Region of Lusankya stable. When we approached the office of the Prime Minister refused to give a statement on the Latest Leaks or the current situation brewing in the Orlessia Sea.

[Comments]
More on Neidmar Daily
  • Nordus Space Hotel
  • Diplomatic mission sent to Hornatyia after their departure from the RCO
  • PardesLeaks a force for good or cyber terrorism?
Last edited by Neidmar on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rodarion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodarion » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:59 am

Reconstruction has begun in rebel held areas, with the city of Konin being the focus after months of government bombardments

Following the second ceasefire agreement over the Bogorian Civil War several weeks ago, the rebel south has used the peace and quiet to begin in the words of self-proclaimed President, Wislaw Sokal, "building a viable alternative state to the one in Utena, we are building a state for the territory we currently possess in the hope that this state will govern all of Bogoria in the future, whenever that might be". President Sokal and the rebel's governing Liberation Council who are currently residing in Rodarion due to threat of assassination by drones, have reportedly met with lawyers and academics in Rodarion to begin drafting a constitution. The Liberation Council speaking on a video uploaded online declared the moves as "first step towards a new and united Bogoria for all Bogorians".

The decision to begin state-building by the rebels was reportedly taken the day the second ceasefire agreement was signed, efforts have been taken since the first ceasefire agreement was made in Oured, with the formation of a new police force, new wartime policies have been enacted and an official structure has been implemented for the task of recruiting young men and women for service with the rebel fighting force known as the United Bogorian Liberation Forces (UBLF). Yet the declaration by the Liberation Council in Romula this morning indicates that the rebel leadership intends to construct a fully functioning state, with efficient "ministries, departments and state agencies", the Ministry of Finance in Romula has confirmed that the Rodarian state will fund the rebel's efforts.

Speaking to reporters this afternoon, Finance Minister Marian Dumitrescu confirmed that at least $250 million will be given to the rebel leadership for the construction of their state. "The Papal Republic believes that with a fully functioning state in South Bogoria, the right to self-determination and freedom from ethnic-hatred and violence will be more secure than ever, a state in opposition to the illegitimate and corrupt construct in Utena will also provide the innocent people of the North, an insight into what can be achieved when fear of the oligarchs in Utena is ignored." Senior Rodarian civil servants are also expected to visit the de-facto rebel capital of Sobotka in coming days to aid in the process.

Since the ceasefire was agreed, the ferocity of violence along the frontline has all but vanished, with isolated and light skirmishes still be reported in the eastern half of the warzone, the peace has allowed vast amounts of humanitarian aid to reach areas previous off-limits to aid workers, with the Association of the Immaculate Heart confirming that it has dispatched up to 500 volunteers to the Rakovnik area to offer medical assistance to rebel fighters and civilians alike. In the major cities under rebel held control, locals and Rodarian volunteers have begun to open new medical centres for civilians and a new medical facility has been constructed outside Sobotka dedicated to helping injured rebel fighters as well as offering psychological assistance. The Charitable Foundation of Saint Francis has also been sent into the most devastated areas to feed civilians who were trapped by the near constant fighting in the Rakovnik area.

The Liberation Council also stated that it intends to hold the first elections in the rebel held south since the war began last November, the creation of unicameral legislature is expected to be complete by the end of August, with the first elections being for the local level, they will be held in two weeks time. The rebel south has no democratic political structure, with virtually no political parties registered under rebel authorities, however the Catholic Central Party, which represented the south in Utena before the war is expected to register itself under the authorities later this week. The rebel authorities have already stated that there will be ban on political parties that base their policies and platforms on ethnicity, with the Liberation Council re-affirming this in their online video.

However expectations of the ceasefire lasting have proven less optimistic than the general view of the rebel south's fortunes, the National Express' chief correspondent in Bogoria, Emilian Lupescu teamed up with PRRB's Viktoria Popescu to gauge public opinion in and around Sobotka.

Magda Kalenski, a 77 year old widow who lives in the city says despite the losses the rebels have suffered, victory is still a possibility. "I doubt this new agreement will last, the government cannot be trusted, but every time they tried to attack us, we beat them. As President Sokal says, patience and resilience is what wins the day".

58 year old steel worker, Donald Kronowski was more negative towards the ceasefire agreement, "I've already lost one son to this war and another fights it, these ceasefire is a foolish gambit, we had them on the run, now we have to waste more time when we could have finished them off, I'd rather have this war end properly that have electricity and gas for a few months before it starts up again".

32 year old mother of three, Ewa Landowska praised the ceasefire agreement, "I am very pleased this has happened, maybe at last we can eat proper meals, have regular electricity and live like human beings again. But most importantly to me, I get my husband back", asked if she disagreed with the war, she replied, "no of course not, but no one expected it to be as bad as this and we need to rest, even if its for a few months". The general view in Sobotka is that the ceasefire is needed, people need to feel peace, at least for a while. Virtually no one who was asked dismissed the war or asked for it to end indefinitely, in fact many were concerned that this ceasefire would result in a perpetual stalemate and Bogoria would effectively split in two, something no one in the south wants, especially the rebel leadership.

In a separate video, self-proclaimed president, Wislaw Sokal declared the period onwards will be one of "excitement and joy as we watch the values and principles we fight for, become a reality, we are seeing the nation we wish to live for and die for, form before our very eyes. We intend to re-open schools to ensure our children and grandchildren continue to learn the basics for life, we shall re-supply every medical centre and hospital in our territory and begin building Ministries for Education and Health, two separate entities dedicated to the same people regardless of faith or ethnicity, we are building the state that should have been built when the communists were torn down and by the Grace of God, this state will serve all of Bogoria in time" he said.

Written by Emilian Hila.

• Concern growing over Neidmarian expansionism [ 5243 ]
  • Government extends fishing permits to Iovian Rise area [ 9429 ]
  • Papal Navy budget increases by 11% [ 1003 ]
    Image E-mail
    © National Exprima

Rodarion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodarion » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 am

Foreign Minister Basescu issued the warning to Neidmar this morning in light of very open statements indicating that Neidmar intends to infringe upon the Papal Republic's sovereign rights.

Foreign Minister Mircea Basescu has issued a warning to Neidmar, stating "any provocative action taken by the Neidmarian state against Rodarian sovereign territory or property will be dealt with swiftly and according to international law, no state has the right to deny the Papal Republic the right to economic development, especially exploiting resources within its territorial limits". His warning comes after numerous statements by Neidmarian officials make clear the country's interest in denying the Papal Republic access to its own waters on the basis of "resisting monopolisation" of the oil and gas field under the Iovian Rise area of the Orlessian Sea. To make matters more exacerbated, PardesLeaks has recently revealed Anthorian complicity in Neidmarian aggression, something the government views as "extraordinarily manipulative and dangerous".

Following news of both Neidmar's malicious intentions and Anthorian complicity in the plans, statements have been made by a wide-range of Rodarian officials and government ministers. Speaking on the Insight programme on the military's radio station, commander of the Papal Navy, Admiral Vladu Corlățean said, "it is the Papal Navy's duty to ensure freedom of navigation within our own waters and these intentions that have become clear in Neidmar, these intentions are a threat to Rodarian waters, fisheries and of course freedom of navigation in general, so we'll be keeping a very close eye on the matter indeed". When asked why Neidmar was acting in this manner, Admiral Corlățean stated that its reasons didn't matter, "the basic truth is simple, Rodarion is a big country and Neidmar is a small country, our needs far-outstrip theirs, this will become clear if they act foolishly".

This morning, the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries announced that fishing permits are being expanded to cover the Iovian Rise, with the ministry's spokesman claiming that this is "a time of bountiful catches and increasing wage slips for the nation's fishermen, the stocks around the area far exceed those on our coast and to ensure that citizens can make a living in all corners of the nation's territorial waters is key".
Speaking to reporters this evening, foreign minister Basescu said further, "we will do all we can to resist any foe, who invades our territory and offends our national interests, it would mean that the enemy has already fired the first shot strategically and crossed the border of our strategic defence." The foreign minister's words come as a stark warning to Neidmar, who is in danger of crossing the frontiers of Rodarian territorial waters in the Orlessian Sea, something that many fear is a possibility.

Chairwoman of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, Senator Diana Cioraru (NCP) warned the Senate this morning, "there is a distinct possibility that Neidmarian irrationality, aggression, expansionism and imperialism will see vessels of military origins cross the boundaries of the Papal Republic's territorial waters in the Sea of Orlessia, this will must be accepted by this house as a serious security threat not just in the short term, but the long term. The discovery of oil and gas in our territorial waters has clearly provoked innate mentalities that are not appropriate in the twenty first century."

Foreign Minister Basescu continued in his press conference to state that the "Papal Republic is truly dedicated to a peaceful rise but equally, national rejuvenation, we have no intention to be aggressive towards any neighbour, but when our natural interests are threatened or when our territorial boundaries are encroached upon by a foreign force, we will respond aggressively, line any law abiding state."

In a situation such as this, Rodarian restraint and careful steps has been met with blatant Neidmarian aggression and unprovoked threats of action against legitimate Rodarian actions and rights to resources within its very own territory. The problem Neidmar faces is not necessarily placing itself upon this path, it is the consequences of its actions that its problems will emerge, with the position of the Rodarian state clearly made, any action taken by Neidmar to interfere in the rights of a sovereign nation will be responded to by the full power of the Papal Republic. Already the issue has reached ordinary citizens' attention, with many taking to social media and blogging sites to display their anger and concerns that Neidmar will infringe upon the country's rights to develop its territory be it land or sea.

The Rodarian Coast Guard has confirmed that it will begin patrolling the Iovian Rise region in line with its duties of protecting Rodarion's maritime territories and ensuring safe travel for all vessels traversing Rodarian waters.

There now appears to be a very clear concern among defence officials in Romula that Neidmar's open intentions will infringe upon the freedom of navigation in the Orlessian Sea and may provoke instability in Lusankya at large.

"At time when Bogoria is shattered by civil war and tensions between nations are clear to identify, the last thing this vital continent needs is further instability created by a government that is acting irresponsibly and irrationally, to argue that the Papal Republic has no right to monopolise its own resources within its own territorial boundaries is preposterous and dangerous, it is unfortunate that this discovery of resources that will aid the country's development is now overshadowed by aggression and imperialism of a government that also eyes the shores of Orlessia's Sanatasia island, the Papal Republic urges Neidmar to cease any moves it intends to take to interfere with the Papal Republic's domestic operations to exploit resources in its own waters, not only for the sake of good neighbourliness, but also for the sake of peace and stability in the Orlessian Sea region" Foreign Minister Basescu concluded.

As the Rodarian State Offshore Resources Corporation begins preparations for the first oil rig to be transported into position within the Iovian Rise, concern over Neidmarian designs will continue unabated unless the Neidmarians made clear that they have no intention to breaches the frontier of the country's strategic defence and assaults its core interests, stability and peace in the region now rests upon the shoulders of Neidmar's leaders.

Written by Egon Zalan.

• Concern growing over Neidmarian expansionism [ 5243 ]
  • Government extends fishing permits to Iovian Rise area [ 9429 ]
  • Record number of university applicants [ 1003 ]
    Image E-mail
    © National Exprima
Last edited by Rodarion on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neidmar
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Neidmar » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:35 am

Foreign Minister States in Parliament that Neidmar is not Greedy
Or Expansionist it Simply wants its fair share

Andreas Kless | 15th August 2015

Foreign Minister Garvin Hekker today hit back at the Rodarion Minister for Foreign affairs, today during his speech to the convened house of parliament at Altestein. He spoke about how Neidmar is not a greedy or expansionist nation it simply wants its fair share so that it two can grow economically, but it will also not tolerate what he dubbed "Economic Barbarism" when he was refering to Rodarion allowing Fishing vessels to fish in the Ivonian Rise an area of ocean less than 100 miles from the Neidmarrian Coast.

Minister for East Baltis and Foreign affairs Minister Garvin Hekker started his speech in the House of Commons this morning by addressing the issues arising in the Orlessia Sea. The emergency meeting was called yesterday after the Rodarion Foreign Affairs Mircea Basescu hit out with an aggressive torrent of threats against Neidmar stating that if it tried to interfere with its almost militaristic economic expansionism it would face a military response from the its Papal neighbours. If Rodarions plans to claim a portion of the Orlessia sea that has an area of of over 200 miles it could see long lasting economic problems for Neidmar, not to mention the far reach ecological and climate damage that would result in the pollution and massively unsustainable fishing of the ocean.

Garvin Hekker spoke out against Rodarions plans to fish the Ivonian rise stating. "Rodarion has a massive population that it can no longer sustain its shores are barren of all manner of edible ocean life and now its looking hungrily further afield for other means to sate its unstoppable hunger. This does not mean however that it can start fishing and reaping the oceans around Neidmar, the implications of such actions are far reach not only for Neidmar but for Orlessia as well. It cannot be allowed to happen!". Neidmar is one of the worlds forerunners in sustainable technologies especially in green energy however the government has put a lot of money into research of sustainable fishing techniques that is meant to ensure that Neidmar has an ample supply of fish now and in the future. This however hinges on the climate around Neidmarrian waters that could be fished barren by Rodarion fishermen who are just looking to make more and more money. The Ivonian Rise is home to some extremely rare Species of fish that can only be found in this part of the world.

He continued his speech about the growing crisis stating that Rodarions Economic Barbarism would not be tolerated and that any vessels found fishing the Ivonian Rise would be boarded and its catches returned back to the sea. "Neidmar cannot be allowed to suffer because Rodarion cannot effectively plan its economy in a sustainable manner that could see the whole of Pardes benefit from it. Any vessels seen actively fishing the Ivonian Rise region of the Orlessia Ocean will be boarded and any fish found in their holds will be returned back to the sea".
Rodarions plans to exploit the worlds oceans are not limited to just the Ivonian Rise but an area of ocean that could effectively cut off Neidmar from its allies and economic partners in the east, seeing its own maritime waters encircled by Rodarions ludicrous claims to owning ocean that is hundreds of miles from its heartlands.

Within that region of ocean is vast deposits of natural oil and gas that, that Rodarion also plans to exploit and deny any other nation access to. Hekker went on to address this issue stating that Neidmar wasn't Irrational, Imperialistic or Expansionist it simply wants its fair share of our planets riches. "Pardes is home to all of us, We are not expressionistic, whilst Rodarion owns islands and land all across the world Neidmar has always concentrated on itself on improving on what it has. This oil is in our back garden so to speak, but we are not greedy we simply want our fair share we don't want it all we simply wish to see Rodarion Orlessia and of Course Neidmar benefit from this landmark find.".

Hekker went on to outline Neidmars plans for the ivonian rise and in the southern Lanker shelf both areas closest to Neidmar. No mention was made of the rest of the oil and gas find in the orlessia sea, sticking to husnearlier comments that Neidmar has no wish to monopolise the orlessian sea.

Plans for the ivonian rise included a new man made reef 2miles in length which is said will increase life in that area of the ocean and areas around it by anywhere between 5-9%. Other plans did include setting up oil and gas drilling platforms under a sustainable plan that could see Neidmarrian fuel prices drop by as much as a quarter and reduce the countries reliance imported oil and fuel from around the world. As well as fishing rights for neidmarrian vessels in the areas outlined in Hekker's speach.

Whilst no move has been made by the Neidmarrian navy as of yet to enforce Hekker's new policy over the waters off the coast of Neidmar it is reported that the navy frigate Bjorn is in port in Hanzglef taking on fresh supplies for a supposed special patrol of the waters north of Neidmar. Hekker went on to speak how Neidmar had tried to foster a feeling of cooperation with Rodarion. "Under this administration we have worked hard to improve relations with Rodarion in have travelled to Romulus numerous times to broker deals for trade the most notable of which being the dealmfor Neidmar to supply green energy infrastructure for Rodarions rural population to help create a more sustainable energy market in rodarion.".

Whilst he did not outwardly say it Foreign Minister Hekker hinted that if Rodarion keeps encroaching on Neidmar borders this deal and all the other deals could be cancelled. With this recent retorte from Altestein the government seems adiment that Neidmar will not loose out in the Orlessia sea but it is more than willing to extend annolive branch of sharing and cooperation, it now remains to be seen if Romulus will accept the gesture or continue on its path of economic barbarism.

[Comments]
More on Neidmar Daily
  • New 2 mile reef praised by marine biologists accross the globe.
  • Hornyatia PM to visit Neidmar in a trip to further relations between the two countries.
  • Report: Orlessia Sea and Reasons for Rodarion Expansionism
  • Neidmarrian Navy begins calling up reservists
Last edited by Neidmar on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:04 pm

- snipped -
Last edited by Tippercommon on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Tippercommon on Wed Oct 09, 1996 10:46 pm, edited 3.1416 times in total.
Looking for a Modern Tech Roleplay Region? Check out Anterra!

Hornatyia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornatyia » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:30 pm

PM Jahnátek arrives in Provisa during global tour

Štefan Jahnátek, Hornatyian Prime Minister.

Provisa, BELHAVIA (August 15, 2015) -- Prime Minister Štefan Jahnátek departed Cizekporok early this morning, arriving in Provisa, Belhavia this afternoon. Jahnátek's arrival in Provisa sets off the beginning of his week long tour of Pardes. The decision to visit Provisa first was a signal of the new foreign policy set by the Jahnátek government, seeking closer ties with "Free" Pardesi nations, rather than Hornatyia's older allies, such as Estovakiva and Rodarion. Jahnátek will be avoiding all RCO member nations during his tour, solely visiting CDI, OSEN and ARCS member nations. The other nations PM Jahnátek is set to visit are Estovnia, Tippercommon, Temuair, Tuzbekistan, Neidmar and the Basilene Empire.

Jahnátek was greeted by Belhavian Foreign Minister Daniel Nobelstein. Also in attendance were several Senators from Belhavia's Imperial Senate, including Senate Majority Leader Ian Settas and Senator Adrian Kalian, Chairman of the Senate's Foreign Relations Committee. These two Conservative Senators were highly supportive of Hornatyia leaving the Romula Cooperation Organization. Sen. Karen Merkel, a Liberal Democrat who is highly critical of the RCO, was also in attendance. The Hornatyian Ambassador to Belhavia, Jan Kraus, was also in attendance.

Jahnátek and Nobelstein left together in a limousine, heading for the Presidential Palace. Upon his arrival at the palace, Jahnátek met with Belhavian President Eli Goldman. According to a press release from the Prime Minister's office, the two discussed a number of issues, including tensions with Estovakiva, anti-corruption efforts in Hornatyia, steps to help improve trade between Hornatyia and Belhavia and closer cooperation between Provisa and Cizekporok on a variety of security issues.

Following his meeting with the President, Jahnátek stayed for dinner, with His Majesty Emperor Aaron III and President Goldman in attendance. The next day Jahnátek went for a tour of Belhavia, visiting the local private Yeshiva High School, before heading off to visit the Palace of Justice officials. The Hornatyian PM held talks with Anti-Corruption officials at the Justice Ministry. Jahnátek then visited the Roth Industries headquarters and met with officials there.

Jahnátek signed a number of deals with the Belhavian government, including shipping agreements and a free-trade agreement. Jahnátek also signed an extradition treaty with the Belhavian government. The extradition treaty is a key part of his tour, with Jahnátek hoping to close off all avenues of escape for corrupt officials. Jahnátek viewed a military parade before eventually departing for Tippercommon.

Tarsas
Minister

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarsas » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:19 am

Nimirae Wishes Hornatyia Well; Cancels Extradition Treaties

By: Nerva Haleius

Fabilia Island Processing Facility where many scheduled for extradition were released pending reassessment

Tarsan Foreign Minister Alrec Severoth Nimirae, previously known for his vicious tongue, has wished Hornatyia well in its future endeavours in a speech today in Civitas Tarsae. Hornatyia recently voted in a nation wide referendum to leave the RCO. "Hornatyia has chosen to leave the RCO. We respect and understand that. The RCO has long advocated national sovereignty and free determination. We regret that they have chosen to leave but respect the decision all the same.".Nimirae has said that Tarsas will continue amiable relations with Hornatyia after the various RCO treaties are rolled back and cancelled.

The economy of Hornatyia is expected to take a significant hit in the short term following its departure. RCO corporations have been quick to withdraw investment, the reinstatement of tariffs causing the formerly excellent business environment in the nation to be less than ideal. The Ministeria of Goods and Trade has been quick to reestablish tariffs on Hornatyian goods and ships from that nation currently docked have been ordered to pay a docking fee, which formerly wasn't required, or they will be removed from dock.

The Marvius Stock Exchange took a 3 point drop upon the announcement but it is expected to recover quickly. When accused of conducting low scale economic warfare against Hornatyia, the foreign minister was quick to respond. "We are not purposely attacking Hornatyia for leaving, we are simply enforcing our laws over a state that has decided it will no longer be our ally. Now, they must pay the same fines and adhere to the same terms as everyone else." The blow is expected to quickly be felt in the already struggling and debt ridden Hornatyian economy.

The Tarsan government has also said it can no longer honor any extradition treaties that were formerly negotiated under the RCO. Nimirae commented on this as well during the speech. "Extradition treaties are handled much differently under the Tarsan legal system with allied nations. For one, we know they adhere to our values of national sovereignty and we trust their legal systems to deal fairly with the accused. Nations that aren't aligned with us, barring specifically negotiated treaties such as our treaty with Belhavia, have a much more difficult time acquiring extradition rights." All current pending extraditions to Hornatyia have officially been suspended pending legal reassessment and must be reapplied for. While some claim this will provide escape routes for corrupt political officials, the foreign minister said he was confident that Hornatyia could prove their guilt if they were truly corrupt.

The announcement followed the release of several due for extradition and a release on any frozen assets. The men were asked to stay in the country so that a legal panel could rule on the legality of extradition and the validity of Hornatyia's claims. All subsequent investigations and searches for those claimed to have broken the law have been put on hold until new extradition terms can be assessed.

MORE IN TARSAS
  • Prince Titus awarded more titles [ 124923 ]
  • Albiya: Why is it important? [ 124545 ]
  • Massive oil find off the coast of Neidmar sparts dispute [ 16591 ]
MORE
  • Final T80125 delivered [ 4463 ]
  • Involvement in Ashwize: Why and When? [ 1837 ]
    Image Comments [ 5324 ]
    Image E-mail
    © Imperial Broadcast Network
Last edited by Tarsas on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estovakiva
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Estovakiva » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:46 am

TVNP World
Pardesian-World news

Hornatiya exits RCO without adequately warning its fellow RCO-members
Autarch Vladimir Makarov announces the intent to cancel of Esto-Hornatiyan projects once such can be done
16-August-2015 | Freja Olaffssen (@FrejaOlaffsen) (TVNP)

Cinigrad, Estovakiva - Earlier today Autarch Vladimir Makarov annuanced the intent to cancel the all Esto-Hornatiyan projects. Following Hornatiya's unnotified RCO-exit which left many RCO-members wondering why they were not warned of the exit before the referendum was even announced. Hornatiya has semingly choosen to not follow propper diplomatic channels in regards to such as RCO-leaders were baffled to hear that Hornatiya would make such a quick exit from the RCO, the referendum was announced just a mere week after the shocking news from Hornatiya somethingwhich has by far not gone unnoticed among RCO-citizens and leaders as well as investors. During the vote in the Assembly of Speakers the required votes for the Autarch to perhaps cancel said projects was easily meet its required percentage of 55% which accounts for 275 of the 500 votes in the Assembly of Speakers by landing at roughly 83% which is is a total of 415 votes, the remaining 17% which accounts for 85 votes voted either blank or against.

Estovakivan investors has been reported to be abandoning Hornatiya's market seeing its sudden and inexplicable RCO exit which has caused investor confidence from RCO and RCO-aligned nations to plummit. This was further culminated by Prime Minister Štefan Jahnátek's avoidance of RCO all nations during his tour as he willsolely visit CDI, OSEN and ARCS member nations this and the Autarch's intent to perhaps cancel of key projects such as the Esto-Hornatiyan pipe line which would have secured the fossil fuel energy requirement of the nation. And other economic projects which Estovakiva is involved in. This includes a complete halt of military aid across the board, this includes spare parts as well, It is expected. That this will surely have a clear negative impact on Hornatiya's economy across the board as invidual investors and companies abandon Hornatiya as the nation goes into a reinforced recession as Estovakiva will most likely demand that the debt of Hornatiya must be paid within a limited time frame.

Autarch Vladimir Makarov strode up to a brief applause and followed by silence before he procceded with his adress of Estovakiva's measures following Hornatiya's RCO exit. "What we have witnessed is a clear lack of responsibility from Štefan Jahnátek, we are astounded that prime minister Štefan Jahnátek and his cabinet failed to notify his partners in the RCO about the referendum nor that it was even planned, which is somehting which would clearly impact Estovakiva and the RCO as a whole, so one could presume that we would have been notified through formal diplomatic channels months in advance. However we were not, this tied with Prime Minister Štefan Jahnátek's sudden global tour mere weeks after he pushed through a referendum to leave the RCO he now visits CDI, OSEN and ARCS nations whilst neglecting to visit RCO powers can only be seen and taken as a provocation. Something which we do not take lightly."

"Janos Ratkovic was right about this as Hornatiya is no longer a member of the RCO nor its trade program, we had no choice but to go ahead with the reinstatement of the pre-RCO tariff system once more. Which will greatly affect on exports and imports to and from Hornatiya furthermore all United Development Bank projects will be put up to vote through the UDB's forum to perhaps be cancelled such as the dam on the Trovo River all planned projects most likely be halted but such is uncertain the Dam project may still be continued. In terms of military matters, we will cease all cooperation momentarily, including aid, spare parts and planned sales just to mention some of the specifics. Any forces we have in the country such as a few battalions of S-300V4 air defence systems are in the process of being withdrawn or have already been withdrawn. We hope that prime minister Štefan Jahnátek and his cabinet become more responsible and do not take any more ill advised decisions"

Experts indicate that this may be another perhaps more fatal blow to the already struggling and debt ridden Hornatyian economy, indications point towards a recession but such remains to be seen unless the goverment of Hornatiya takes measures to adress this in some way or fashion.

TVNP`s Melinya Sharpov contributed to this report.

MORE IN ESTOVAKIVA
  • Famous hunter Igor Vasileski has shot and killed the bear that haunted Djupvik recives million in bounty [ 1448 ]
  • Cancellation of Hornatiya projects to hurt Estovakiva in a lesser degree then Hornatiya [ 4260 ]
  • Autarch Vladimir Volostov annuances snap military drills[ 2534 ]
MORE FROM TVNP
  • Estovakiva supports Rodarion oil and gas claim [1226]
  • Neidmar the Aggressor of the Orlessian Sea [ 5512 ]
  • Telecom Tycoon Popyrin Damir sentenced to 40 years in Prison [ 1171 ]
    Image Comments [ 4101 ]
    Image E-mail
    ©The Volostovian Newspaper(TVNP) 2015
Last edited by Estovakiva on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:44 am, edited 9 times in total.

The Eagleland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eagleland » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:04 pm

BREAKING: Bloody Drug Bust in Sao Constantino Harbour shocks the nation.
Fifty tonnes of illicit narcotics and nine hundred weapons in containers recovered; ten MYA/LS operators and helicopter crewmen dead in raid.
August 16, 2015 | By Konstantinos Marinakis (@kostasmarinakis) (ENT)

Eaglelander MYA/LS operators. The first three of them, starting from the far-right, have been identified as Ensign Vasilis Alexandratos and Petty Officers Onassis Papadopoulos and Claudio Santos, who were killed during the raid.

Sao Constantino, Amazonia — The Eagleland Customs and Border Protection Agency at Vitoria Processing Station, Sao Constantino, Amazonia have been shocked by what can only be described as "the biggest drug smuggling scheme in the nation's history", say Customs Officers, something that ten members of the Eagleland Coast Guard paid in blood.

Earlier today, at around 07:30 am, the Eagleland Coast Guard inspected a number of five container ships, registered to Stovayanov Inc, a Bariya-based shipping company. These ships had fifty containers tested positive for cocaine each, and upon closer examination, the ships contained a total of nine tons of cocaine and a one ton of crack cocaine. The ship's captain has been arrested and is currently being questioned over the drug haul, as is the crew of the ship, per Eagleland Federal Law.

But the raid did not go as planned. The search party on each of the five ships consisted on eight speedboats and one helicopter, two speedboats for each of the first four ships (Novarova, Skopanova, Liviracova, Katerinova) and a helicopter-borne team for the fifth (Elenavova). Each boat was manned by three crewmen and eight special operations personnel from the Eagleland Coast Guard's elite Underwater Assignments Unit/Eagleland Coast Guard (MYA/LS), with the helicopters including five crewmen and twelve operators. These crews approached the ships at around 05:30 am, two hours before.

At 05:37 am, the crews that made it on the ships came under heavy machine gun and grenade attack. The ships were defended by twelve men armed with military-grade equipment and weapons, and are considered to be Mercenaries, according to Eagleland Federal Police reports. The search parties immediately returned fire with their heavy weapons, using techniques perfected over the thirty years of the unit's existence.

However, that was not enough to daunt the enemy mercenaries, who put up heavy resistance. Then, at 05:39 am, a mercenary on board the Eleanova discharged an RPG-7 Rocket Propelled Grenade missile at the EH-72E Helicopter that hovered above to support the operators. As the helicopter was too close to escape, it was destroyed in mid air, claiming the lives of Captain Marios Athanasopoulos, Lieutenant Konstantinos Papaioannou, Ensign João da Silva, and Petty Officers Ioannis Papanastasiou and Vitorio Becker, all helicopter crew. The destroyed helicopter's debris fell on Ensign Paulo Bachmeyer and Petty Officers Onassis Papadopoulos and Claudio Santos, all MYA/LS operators, who were killed instantly.

The men of MYA/LS eventually gained control of the ship after two hours of intense fighting, and killed sixty-seven mercenaries and apprehended the captains of the ships, alongside it's crew, although two more operators were killed in the process (Petty Officers Alexandros Karamanlis and Petros Tellides). By 07:30, investigators from the Eagleland Federal Police were called as the perpetrators were not Eaglelanders. All of the ships carried a total of fifty tons of illicit Category E narcotics, including twenty tons of crack cocaine, five tons of heroin, ten tons of PCP and ten tons of Chrystal Methamphetamine (known as "Ice" in Anikatia, Arthurista, and the Eagleland).

Five tons of a new narcotic substance have also been recovered. These new narcotics will be tested by Federal Police chemists to examine their potency, toxicity and effects on the human body. However, EFP insiders report us that these narcotics were contained in special containers modified to withstand the extreme toxicity of these drugs, and that a drug lab has been detected inside the Katerinova and the Eleanova.

However, that was not just illicit drugs that were seized. The ships inspected contained a number of military-grade illicit weapons, nine hundred in number, which included AK-12 assault rifles, MP-443 Grach sidearms, SVD Dragunov sniper rifles, PKP Pencheneg Light Machine Guns and more than a million rounds of ammunition in between. One hundred RPG-7 Rocket Launchers, alongside two-hundred rockets, have also been recovered.

The total worth of this shipment is estimated to stand anywhere between €800 million (UR$600 million) to €1.2 billion (UR$1 billion), making it the largest shipment of illicit goods in the nation's history.

Investigations are pending, however we have been told that while the five ships raided were registered to a Bariyan company, the mercenary staff on those cargo ships were a mix of Bariyans, Rodarians, Ulthrannians, and Dacians. The Eagleland Federal Police have contacted the Amazonian Cities Police (Policia da Cidade da Amazonia) and are set to begin join investigations and to verify any links between Chatzikyriakeio City's Scaramangas Syndicate, favela gangs, and other Eaglelnder and/or global criminal organisations.

The remains of Captain Marios Athanasopoulos, Lieutenant Konstantinos Papaioannou, Ensign João da Silva, Petty Officer Ioannis Papanastasiou, Petty Officer Vitorio Becker, Ensign Paulo Bachmeyer, Petty Officer Onassis Papadopoulos, and Petty Officer Claudio Santos have been recovered in an extremely poor condition. They will be buried, alongside Petty Officers Alexandros Karamanlis and Petros Tellides, on Saturday, August the 29th, at 05:30 am, at the 71st Eagleland Military Graveyard, in Chatzikyriakeio City, Amazonia.

Konstantinos Marinakis reported from Sao Constantino, Amazonia. Konstantinos Irakeides contributed to the article from Constantinople, KCT.

MORE IN WORLD
  • Is a Neidmar-Rodarion War Unplausible? [ 734 ]
  • Niyerian War: Possible Outcomes [ 2.678 ]
    Image Comments [ 2.067 ] | Image E-mail this article
    © ENT 2015

Souperman2 Athina, Attiki
5 seconds ago
ΠΟΛΕΜΟΣ ΤΩΡΑ ΡΕ!!!

2345 likes
REPLY · LIKE

ethnikistis_07 Sparti, Lacedaemonia
5 seconds ago
ΑΘΑΝΑΤΟΙ ΟΙ ΔΕΚΑ ΜΑΧΗΤΕΣ ΜΑΣ! Ο,ΤΙ ΚΑΙ ΝΑ ΠΟΥΜΕ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΛΙΓΟ, ΠΟΛΥ ΛΙΓΟ!

2345 likes
REPLY · LIKE

Hornatyia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornatyia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:03 pm

PM Jahnátek arrives in Valinor, agrees to lease military base in Benkove Region and conduct military drills with Tippercommon and Valinor

Štefan Jahnátek, Hornatyian Prime Minister.

Valtos, VALINOR (August 16, 2015) -- Prime Minister Štefan Jahnátek arrived in Valtos today after departing the Skanderan nations. He made a brief stop in Tuzbekistan, where he met with government officials and signed some agreements. Following the Prime Minister's arrival in Valtos, he met with Valinese PM Theodotus Irenaeus. The two departed the airport for the PM's office and held private talks for the entirety of the day. In a press conference following the discussions, a number of deals were signed. The mos important of these are a mutual defense treaty and an agreement for leasing a portion of the Ksyuce Naval Base in the Benkove Region. The naval base will be a primary refueling and supply point for the Valinese Navy. The base's lease will last for 50 years, where Valtos will pay Cizekporok 3.4 billion annually for the facilities. Valinor will upgrade a number of the facilities and base around 50 aircraft at the facility.

A number of other agreements were signed, including an extradition treaty with the Valinese government and a free trade agreement. Commenting on the "war of words" between Hornatyia and RCO nations, PM Jahnátek said that "these nations are weak, the Hornatyian people don't want to be pawns of madmen. We made that very clear when we left". A RTH (Radio-Television Hornatyia) reporter asked the PM if he is worried war will break out between Hornatyia and Estovakiva. He said "the Estovakivan people will not support an invasion when their sons start returning in body bags. They think they can just walk over their smaller neighbors and threaten them with rockets and tanks". A number of Hornatyians agree with the PMs statements, with a group of Hornatyians burning an effigy of Vladimir Makorov in front of the Estovakivan embassy in Cizekporok.

Hornatyia's sole project using UDB funds was postponed, as the construction of the Žídek Dam was cancelled citing the loss of UDB funding and poor construction. The unfinished dam is scheduled to be destroyed and rebuilt.

Hornatyia's Ministry of Defense announced that the Royal Hornatyian Defense Force will begin nation wide exercises with Valinese and Tippercommoner troops participating in these exercises. These drills will take place throughout Hornatyia, with a major focus going on the Benkove Region, with 13,000 troops to participate in the drills in that region. These will be the largest drills held in Hornatyia since 2006.

Valinor1
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valinor1 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:37 am

Valinese troops to perform in 'large scale' exercises in Hornatyia
Announcement comes after a conference between Irenaeus and Jahnátek yesterday
Image SHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image
Niels S. Møller (@NielsMøller) (KH)
August 17, 2015 11:12 AM | Valkos, Kieva, Kingdom of Valinor

PM Irenaeus speaking before the Anikatian legislature on Saturday Kavala Herald photo

Valtos, Valinor — Following what may have been weeks of forethought and preparations, the Hornatyian Prime Minister Štefan Jahnátek arrived in Valtos yesterday and from the minute he left his plane at Valtos International Aerodome, where he was met with a honor guard from the Royal Guard, his entire time was spent with Valinese officials. His first official trip was where he spent most of the day with Prime Minister Irenaeus and senior members of his Cabinet, and at two o clock yesterday Jahnátek addressed a special session of Parliament, both houses, outlining the "special" Valinese-Hornatyian friendship and how international cooperation such as this was a cornerstone to modern prosperity

Irenaeus took over the floor following Jahnátek's speech, which was met with thundering approval of applause throughout the chamber, and formally proposed a series of agreements that he and Jahnátek had finalized during their conference earlier in the day; chief among them was an sweeping mutual defense agreement, which tied into was a leasing agreement where the Valinese Armed Forces would lease out a naval base, to be called RNB Skaro, in the Benkove Region, on the southernmost island. The base will not have any ships posted to it as a homeport but will serve as a "crucial" resupply point for numerous fleet patrols and ships, and in addition will have two squadrons of aircraft at least posted to the base, and possibly ground troops pending their availability. The base will also be expanded to accommodate Valinese needs, which will include an OTH radar facility, redone aviation facilities such as a repavement of the runway and lengthening, addition of heavy revetments and refurbishment of the air traffic control facilities and hangars, as well as barracks. Initial garrisoning of the base is set for the middle of next month.

In addition, a free trade agreement dis-establishing tariffs and trade fee's on all trade between the two nations, and a tiered extradition treaty were also signed, and a trade agreement was proposed to Parliament as well, which will go through committee and then First Reading this week. Tied to this triple package of treaties, Prime Minister Irenaeus also announced that members of the 2nd Mechanized Division will travel to the Benkove Region, departing this week, to participate in large scale exercises with the Tippercommon and Hornatyian Armed Forces to practice numerous doctrines and tactics.

Niels S. Møller contributed to this report.

MORE IN PARDES
  • Rodarion earthquake recovery continues, multi-national effort now [ 56910 ]
  • Current: Gael Crisis, How, Where and Why [ 123456 ]
  • Liberal MPs set to begin fight over budget [ 9391 ]
  • Megalos headed to the Middle East this week [ 72917 ]
MORE FROM KH
  • NRC convenes for 2nd time this year, hopefuls seek a full recovery announcement [ 82371 ]
  • FISA reaches second reading and significant debate ensues [ 145678 ]
  • Op CARETAKER: 1 year later, and what do we have to show for it? [ 918381 ]
  • ValTech set to debut new OS; Valtos SE up 2,500 points this week [ 918381 ]
    Image Comments [ 31456 ]
    Image E-mail
    © United Press Group 2014

Image 5871 comments
Image STAR THIS DISCUSSION

New Belhavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Belhavia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:14 am

Trending Stories -- Esto-Hornatyian Crisis -- Sea of Orlessia Spat -- Goredemabwan Coup -- Niyerian War -- OSEN Splinter -- Valinor in Hornatyia

DAILY UPDATE FROM AROUND THE GLOBE

Pictured: Artist's rendering of disputed Sea of Orlessia oil & gas deposits and territorial borders (credit: National Exprima).

PRESSING NEWS DAILY FROM AROUND THE WORLD

August 16th, 2015| By Asher Goldstein (Staff Writer) | 11:48am EDT

In Unexpected Move, Provisa Sides With Romula In Emerging Spat Over Sea of Orlessia Resources and Maritime Borders

The office of Imperial Foreign Minister Daniel Nobelstein released a statement this morning after numerous inquiries on the ongoing Rodar-Neidmarrian dispute over territoriality and resource ownership in the Sea of Orlessia, which is reputed to have 453 billion barrels of oil and as much as 4.5 trillion cubic metres of natural gas, a combined monetary value of over $2.8 trillion in current prices according to the Rodarian State Petroleum and Rodarian State Offshore Resources Corporations. "After an independent analysis and review of both sides' claims in the matter, we found the Rodarian assertions of historical continuity and accuracy more compelling," adding, "although some parts of Romula's claims remain unverified, everything seems to be in order. The Papal Republic has full right of ownership over everything within its territorial bounds, and we take a dim light to any assertions by other actors and sovereign powers to the contrary. It is a standing doctrine of foreign policy and sovereignty that nations control and exploit their resources under their ownership without threat of external interference."

The Foreign Ministry declined to address additional press questions about Neidmar's claims directly, but analysts allied to the Goldman administration quickly took to the Sunday political talk shows to pan and criticize the Neidmarrian position. Liam Weinberg, a Lusankyan political analyst for the Center for Security Studies, went on Moshe Stein's Sunday Politics With Moshe on Goldberg News to slam the Neidmarrian argument as "ludicrous and blatantly hypocritical. There is no foreign policy doctrine of 'I want my fair share,' no sovereign government up until today has espoused the view it has 'equal rights' to another nation's resources. 'Shared exploitation' of resources is the stuff of treaties, not a sovereign right. Neidmar has zero standing to demand such action by the Papal Republic."

On Warren News' Sunday talk show, world-renown geopolitical analyst Joseph Samson panned Neidmarrian threats to 'board-and-return' fish catches by Rodarian fishermen within Rodarian waters as "outrageously illegal and provocative." He continued: "We have seen no alternative territorial maps produced by Neidmar, and the Rodarian maps seem to be holding up to scrutiny. As it stands, then, that the Republic of Neidmar is basically announcing it intends to illegally enter another sovereign's waters and dispossess that power's citizens of their property and livelihood. The Papal Republic is fully justified in using whatever means to oppose such barbarism, in my humble opinion."

Weinberg opined that "which is particularly worrisome is Foreign Minister Garvin Hekker's assertion that because the Papal Republic has overseas possessions and Neidmar does not, that that somehow entitles Neidmar to 'equal rights' to resources within solely-Rodarian waters. That is, Moshe, patently absurd. Sadly for Neidmar, just because they lost the empire game does not mean the victor is forced to share his winnings with them...[See more...]

Economist: With Hornatyia's RCO Exit, Estovakivans 'Cannot Unilaterally Violate International Economic Treaties'

With August 9th's referendum on continued Romula Cooperation Organization (RCO) membership in Hornatyia's defeated by an overwhelming 62%, reaction by leading RCO powers, such as Tarsas, have been muted. However, RCO member Estovakiva harshly denounced the move, with its leader, Autarch Vladimir Makarov, even claiming Cinigrad was not properly informed of the decision despite widespread publicity in the global press over the referendum and its results.

Yosef Berman, the chief economist of the Pardesi Monetary Fund (PMF), took the unusual step of publicly criticizing the Estovakivan remarks, saying "The UDB [United Development Bank] is, at my last check, a member of the global economic development financial community, and has a proper system of governance councils, loan protocols, contractual enforcement mechanisms, and other conventional institutional means. My colleagues at the UDB have, unless they changed it last night, the declaration in their treaty of 'one nation, one vote' and a principle that 'no nation has access to a veto power.'

As such, Estovakiva cannot unilaterally cancel UDB projects at their whim. Particularly complicated, multi-billion-dollar, multiyear contracts the likes of which the UDB usually funds over mere political differences. To cancel a UDB contract would take the full vote of the UDB council and a legitimate rationale. In the very unlikely case Estovakiva somehow can force through a vote on UDB council to cancel the projects, I believe Hornatyia has full recourse to turn to the OPA [Organization for Pardesi Affairs] since such a rationale ("they left my alliance, so I cut all economic ties to them") is not a legitimate contractual breach under any civilized nation's laws."

Mr. Berman continued, casting doubt to Cinigrad's ability to cancel Esto-Hornatyian projects. "Even among bilateral contracts and economic treaties, under standard contract law the mere act of Hornatyia disagreeing with Estovakiva on a geopolitical matter has no bearing on the economic development contracts both nations and their parties signed. I'll repeat again, political differences are not a legitimate basis for contractual breach and as such, if Cinigrad attempts to follow through on its threat to cancel all bilateral projects, Hornatyia has the ability to recoup all of its losses through an OPA resolution since Estovakivan actions are ludicrously illegal under any understanding of civilized law, convention, and international treaties.

I will say this: the contract is sacrosanct in human society. If we cannot trust our partners to engage in mutual endeavors and commerce together, basic human society will collapse. If Estovakiva persists in behaving in such ways, no civilized nation will sign contracts with them again since Cinigrad seems to honor its agreements only at its leader's whim. That is dangerous for Pardesi international finance. We live in the real world, after all, and not some adolescent's after-school online political roleplaying game...[See more...]

MORE IN DAILY NEWS
  • PM Ratkovic's Belhavia Visit 'Successful', Pres. Goldman Says [ 67 ]
  • Valinese Buy Military Basing Rights in Hornatyia's Benkove Region [ 341 ]
  • Vice-Pres. Jacob Grossman Eying Late August Presidential Campaign Launch [ 1009 ]
  • Survey: Tarso-Belhavian Relations "At All-Time High" [ 54 ]
  • Insiders: Tarsan, Ulthrannic Officials Distance Themselves From Estovakivan Actions, Rhetoric [ 2341 ]
    Image Comments [ 1076 ] | Image E-mail this article
    © The Provisa Times 2015
Last edited by New Belhavia on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Empire of Belhavia
National Factbook (IIwiki): Imperial Leadership - Imperial Armed Forces - Foreign Relations - News

[01:56] <NB> Moral of the story: Don't f*** with the NB political machine. We f***in' hustle for our votes...
"My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own...my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny." - Elaine Maxwell
"The historical debate is over. Free market capitalism is the answer." - Thomas Friedman

Austrasien
Minister

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austrasien » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:47 am

Das Volk
News of Austrasia and the World

Buy of Decade?: The breakup between Hornatiya and the RCO has been a cordial one. Reactions from RCO capitals to the results of the Hornatiyan referendum have range from muted by Tarsas to stinging by Estovakiva. But what has caught the most ears in Austrasia is not the diplomatic posturing or veiled military threats; but the fiery economic rhetoric pouring from RCO members. Rhetoric some insiders believes hails big deals for foreign investors with an appetite for geopolitical risk. Das Volk spoke with a number of influential analysts and executives in industry in finance on condition of anonymity - none involved wish to tip their hand at such an early stage - about the potential economic repercussions of the breakup and whether it signals big opportunities for Austrasian investors and industries.

Among those we interviewed one thing was certain; the widely predicted pullout of RCO industries and investors would be predicated on politics, not economics. An analyst for one of Austrasia's top investment banks described the situation: "[RCO investors] look to be stampeding for the door and frankly, from an economic point of view, I can't explain it. While the reimposition of tariffs between Hornatiya and other RCO states is bound to make some projects nonviable the fundamental economic conditions of Hornatiya have changed, unless RCO investors precipitate a crisis in their desperation to unwind their position investments which were profitable before the referendum will still by and large be profitable post-referendum. Even more ludicrous with so many investors dumping on the market at the same time the prices are bound to be depressed... while the [political leaders of the RCO] seem convinced they can sink Hornatiya economically, this politically motivated sell-off is almost certain to cost their industry dearly."

But would this sell off create deals for foreign investors, and would Austrasians be interested? Even under anonymity most industry players would not discuss specific plans or interests they might have in Hornatiya. But a number of financial institutions said they were confident there were "natural" synergies between potential projects and takeovers that might become available if RCO investors pull out and the portfolios of some of Austrasia's top corporations. If interest did materialize on the Austrasian side, and if there was reciprocal interest from Hornatiya, private capital "would definitely be available" as one banking executive put it.

There were however some misgivings about Hornatiya in general: Commonly cited was its "socialist" government which many were skeptical was committed to protecting foreign investors and the "populist" nature of its government. In the words of one industry executive "Why would I sink five, ten billion into an infrastructure project if in two years they have a new referendum, embark on some new adventure and leave me out to dry? To justify that kind of risk, it would have to be a real deal...".

The Imperial Privy Council has yet to release an official statement on the referendum.
The leafposter formerly known as The Kievan People

The weak crumble, are slaughtered and are erased from history while the strong survive. The strong are respected and in the end, peace is made with the strong.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates