NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome to Korinekia, an address from the largest

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Korinekia
Civil Servant

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Welcome to Korinekia, an address from the largest

Postby Korinekia » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:35 am

Due to recent events, the Korinekian telegram office has been beseiged with telegrams, and so instead of responding to each personally, I will be responding to them here.

First off, I must apologise, but apparently the secretary I had decided that 20 telegrams was enough, and started disposing of the extras, she has been returned to the temp agency, and we should have a replacement shortly.

Because of this secretarial issue, a nice message, asking me how I remained devoted enough to continue my leadership so long, was lost. I was going to take the time to send a nice replay the the individual, and now I don't know where to send it, so I hope he sees this somehow.

A long time back, the area that would become Korinekia was happened upon by a group of atheistic missionaries (who would go around and convince native tribes to stop worshipping their various native spirits) who preceded to build relations with the native cat-girls (the lack of cat-boys remains a mystery to this day).

It was during this early time that many Korinekian traditions were started. The missionaries kept their historic Czech flag. After noticing the native cat-girls could be mesmerised by shiny bits of metal, (aluminium foil working particularly well), and as such, the shiny bit of metal was adopted as nation currency. Likewise, the cat-girl battle mount, the Liger (a massive Lion-Tiger hybrid) was adopted as the national animal.

The budding nation soon reached 5 million, and it was at this time I took power. I started developing policies to give freedom and equality to my people while preserving the native forest of the cat-girls. This soon resulted in my tax rate reaching 100%, at which point I flip flopped and started oppressing my people and implemented the "bulldozer the forest, we need uranium" plan. Following this, I played with various issues that came up and saw how they would affect my populace.

Over time, my meddling developed into what is classed by the UN as a "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy", which as it is inoffensive, is highly agreeable.

Once our nation settled down, I moved my sights to higher targets. My region of Secularia had been diminishing for sometime, and it would soon be possible for me to grab power on a regional level. There was only one thing in my way ... The Grey Area of Neo-Pangaea. I preceded the launch a year long smear campaign against Secularia's Neo-Pangaean leadership, criticising his actions, and inaction at every turn. (This was actually rather difficult, as he actually a rather nice guy) In time, I was able to overthrow Neo-Pangaea and take control of the region.

Sometime after this, I implemented the Secularian games, a contest where the top nations of the UN survey of the day would receive points, that were totaled monthly with a winner declared. This continued for sometime, and kept me coming back to my office daily, if only to check UN surveys. However in time disinterest set in, and the games ended.

This was my darkest time as a leader, years of leadership had taken their toil. I came to my office less and less, often just dismissing all issues and moving on. But then, one day I saw it.

Korinekia - 12th highest population in the world.

Twelfth - just two out from the top page. I thought, I can do this, I can reach the top page.

I pressed on, and soon reached the top ten.

Why should those other 9 be above us, I asked.

And thus a new national goal was born, we would not strive to be the most economic powerful, the most militarily powerful, a leader of world politics, or any of that. We would simply be the largest.

And thanks to patience, and a well managed breeding program,we achieved the top spot.

Now to answer the other telegrams:

To The Allied States of Muondolia, The Dictatorship of Mata-Saurorea, The 2nd encore of Rockanisha, The Just Monocratic Commonwealth of Consigahria, The Lord Chancellor Dukedom of Kentsland, The Forest Realm of Wolfhawk, The Federal Republic of Soviet Canuckistan, The Mighty Empire of Mikanada, The People's Republic of Guwabe, The United Queendom of Sarong-and-Saright, The Federation of Atticus Leviatus, The United Federation of Trektopolis, The Kingdom of Besate, and The Who needs a pretitle of Swkoll. I thank you for your congratulations.

To The Federation of Sihuania, Yes, you may trade with me, a complimentary shipment of prime Liger steaks is on it's way now.

To The Republic of Bonnegg, sorry, but I am dedicated to Secularia and will not be moving.

To The Republic of Argentinia, our region lacks a founder because it was founded at a time before founders existed (if that makes sense) Secularia was founded long ago (before even Korinekia) as a community for nations founded by atheistic missionaries. From it's peak in the 40s, it has dwindled to it's current state. This is part of why I refuse to depart it, Secularia has a history as ancient as my own, as deserves to be preserved, founder or no.

To The Free Land of Felarya, No, I am not China.

and finally, to The Republic of Nesha, Thank you, I think.

If anyone has more questions of Korinekia, please feel free to post here to telegram me.

Oh, and before I go, two special shout outs, one to Praetor, the last one to stand in the way of my goal, and one to The Republic of Kyupaa, see you at 25 billion!
Last edited by Korinekia on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Felarya
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Felarya » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:36 pm

So you're Vietnam?

Alvaradia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alvaradia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 am

Japonic? Going off ''Blink, blink, Nani?'' of course. 8)

Return to NationStates