NATION

PASSWORD

The UEF convene with MAAPS regarding peace talks

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:33 am

The High Council Building
The Beastling States of Crystal Spires

High Noon

The High Council Building's enormous halls echoed with sound as it flowed with the numerous guards and bureaucrats of Crystal Spires going in and out to their usual meetings and it was also filled with many different quorums as it usually was every morning. With the Inquisition squelched and the High Chancellor returned to the Beastling States, the people were pleased to have regained much of the sanity they had cherished and the mundane feeling of the daily grind returned to the High Council as they conducted their usual meetings. Within those hallowed halls full of a rich history the quorum would be conducted. The delegates were inspected as they entered and their weapons were checked into a locker where they could pick their weapons up later, and as the warm sunlight brushed across people's faces they entered the building and it seemed as if the light danced through the halls past stained and clear glass windows filling the ornate arches of the building's center with ghostly colors. Outside the streets of Caltris was cheerful as the smell of the Spring lilies and peach blossoms heralded the coming of the warmer seasons. A young man with brown hair and grey eyes began to clear out the Committee board room for the Delegates of the Union of Equality and Freedom and also for MAAPS. As he and a young woman with long ears of a rabbit cleared out the papers and began setting up the room. The Delegates would be arriving soon and Spireans were ever famous for their warmth and hospitality and they would want to make all the delegations as comfortable as possible as they would put hot water for coffee or tea for the delegates along with a small gift of sweet cakes.

While they were preparing a tall man looked at the ghostly colorful lights in the center of the High Council Building, his clear and glassy gaze keeping vigil for the arrival of the delegates. He took out his brass monocle and polished it in his hands revealing cool aquamarine eyes which were intensely gazing ahead, but he seemed to have a proud smile on his face. He had white hair which seemed to have a fleck of feathers within, and the most remarkable thing about the man was the huge white wings that spread out behind him as he stood in the area. He was approached by another man with sharp blue eyes and the ears and tail of a husky who spoke with him in a quiet whisper.

"Maven, they'll be here any minute. Should I have the Uncorruptibles in the meeting room should anything go wrong?" He asked with a feeling of foreboding.

"No, Yalij, we have made this time a requirement for all arms to be kept at the front locker, and we will be having peaceful discussion. Although if you truly fear for the safety of any of us, keep the uncorruptibles on standby. We will not allow for any sort of shenanigans to occur. We're doing this meeting in the interests of preventing war, not causing it so we shall keep things simple." Maven said with a calm look.

"Yes, your excellency." Yalij said as he put his fist to his heart and bowed "I will do my duty as you ask."

"Good then Yalij, such faithfulness is always rewarded." Maven said as he opened the door to the committee board room.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:23 am

OOC: Does anyone mind if I use my normal Green on Black speech? I will in this post but if it's a bother speak up please.

High Council Building, 12:03

The transport for the Legionary delegate was little more than a military helicopter, Albeit one with the weapons removed. As the chopper lands,
The mechanical form of Lord Finn steps out of the hatch shortly followed by three masked legionaries, two legionary diplomats and an interpreter.
After a short hassle at the weapons locker, in which Finn was relieved of a War-Scythe, The ceremonial weapon of his office, and a hand-gun the group continued on to the meeting.
The food placed out is ignored by the group, as taking off the mask for long enough to eat, and eating itself would be like playing russian roullette with foreign disease.
Stopping to speak with the Avian humanoid, Finn speaks tersely and with little embellishment.

"Good afternoon, We are correct in our understanding that this is the space for the peace talks?"
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:41 am

"Indeed, Joy and Salutations, and well met. I am here to welcome you to Crystal Spires, and of course discuss with you about the issues that are confronting our two respective groups. Perhaps we can discuss ideology in a good clean respectable manner and gain a little more open mindedness with respect to one another. As we Spireans do praise such open mindedness as a strength of perspective and wisdom. I feel it builds the core of a strong society, don't you agree? Such things allow for a more productive and happy people with their welfare in mind." He asked with a smile as he gestured the delegate to sit down.

"And how rude of me to not introduce myself, I am High Chancellor Maven Auryn. A member of the Union of Freedom and Equality. As you know we have our founding Charter which includes the Protections of Sapient beings from Discrimination, and for this we actually have a lot of questions for the members of your groups with regards to the discrimination of Sapient beings and the conduct displayed in the world stage." He said as he locked his gaze with the Delegate, the same intense stare he had before which was unblinking.

High Chancellor Maven Auryn

Leader of the Beastling States of Crystal Spires
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:27 am

"Lord Finn, Ruler of the Southern Legion. Member of the Holy Empire of the Emerald Legions,
Here representing our interests within the Militant Alliance Against Ponyism.

Respectable? I suppose, it really depends entirely upon your definition of respectable. Would a position you completely disagree with, presented in a manner that was without fault or insult, be respectable? Or would you then take offense at the content of their argument? I've noticed a curious tendency of humans and their Ilk to Demonize the opposition.

It's hard to tell, due to lack of facial expression, but Finn seems attentive... but not a hint of enthusiasm.

"As for open-mindedness... No. In the past our nation was open minded and it brought us nothing but ruin. Blind Acceptance of Ideas without consideration is the first mistake citizens are taught not to make during their training. We hold that only by trial can Ideologies be held to be valuable. Perhaps it helps in a multi-culural nation such as yours, however in a mono-cultural nation with little opportunity for counter-culture to spring up such as ours, getting along is significantly easier.

in the case of discrimination... it would be hard to discriminate against a species that is not present within our nation. As for our membership within the alliance, Ponyism as an Idealogy stands in Direct opposition to our Monodominant Philosophy. One-culture, one people, one nation. Race, species and background do not matter. Once you join your past is forgotten, left to crumble to nothing. Ponyism on the other hand stands for Friendship, acceptance of other cultures and the glorification of Ponies, an inborn group, at the expense of others who have no control over their fate. Seeing an increasingly militant group directly opposed to ones Core beliefs would send one looking for allies would it not?
"
Last edited by The Emerald Legion on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Bionui
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bionui » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Turaga Vakama, it has been a while but since his lat mention he returned to the FS to pick up Turaga Nokama, his "loved one" and Turaga Matau his long freind and brother. As they arrived they were not alone, they were being accompanied by three Toa, Tahu Nuva, Toa of Fire. Toa Gali Nuva and Toa Lewa Nuva

Toa were the Guard of the Turaga, they never used lethal force (excluding on Makuta or in good times of necessity were all else fails. If the Turaga were the Upper house, the Toa were defiantly the Lower house, both had a important role in federal government. Vakama waited for someone to take him back to the meeting.
Last edited by Bionui on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Factbooks and Information will take place 30 years into the future from my International Incidents RPing. The dates the information will be in is at 2015 which is All RPing and 2035 which is the future and has not been taken to so it will only be used a few times before I get to the actual part of my story.

In Character refer to me as the Federated States or The Federated Koros of Mata Nui.
Tahu Nuva says have a heartwarming Christmas and a happy new year

Legokiller
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Legokiller » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Shortly from putting her melee high-power chainsword weapon at the weapons locker, hopefully there isn't a need for ripping some angry haters foreigner's limbs off. Rainbow Dash wearing her sunglasses from adventuring around the Capital of Crystal Spires causing some harmless pranks and eating at a five star restaurant. Only the President arrival without accompanied by elite bodyguards Commandos of Legokiller or any Legokillerian delegates in that matter. She smiled seeing that of course Maven being here. The sunglasses block from them seeing her eyes gawk at that machine things different from the robot Tonno, and some unknown guest representing the MAAPS?

"Greeting everyone and hey Maven... so I finally get to meet these anti-pony nations Legokiller been hearing stories about it time and time again. I hope that this peace talk won't crash over a Pony Leader if these MAAPS delegates can hold themselves back from I say raging."
❄️☃️ Antarctica Wonderland ! ☃️❄️

Silverdale's Factbook! Poi Poi Poi Resurrected! Silverdale News Thread
<Maven>Legokiller's an original "G" with mirrors and changelings before it was cool <AnimeQuote> Taiga Aisaka is Gandhi.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Finn turns to the newest arrivals, his gaze barely flicks over the mechanical group, but he watches the Pony who walks in for much longer.
"Hmmm a simple attempt at getting a rise out of us? I have been a politician for almost 93 years now. If I had not learned self-control I would never have aquired the title of Lord. Lord Emerald has always been a stickler for such things."

~ Lord Finn, T.H.E.T.E.L.
Last edited by The Emerald Legion on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:45 pm

The Soviet Canuckistani Ambassador walks into the room with his entourage following behind and sits down

Hello, I am Jean-Francois Coutillard, the Soviet Canuckistani Ambassador to the MAAPS and the President of the MAAPS. I am here as our organizations have something in common: The problem of ponyism in our world. As a very democratic nation, my nation accepts all of the charter of the UEF, however there is one sticking point:The Recognition of Ponies known as Equus Sapiens as Sapients. As an organization and I believe I speak for all MAAPS members, there is one way to eradicate the problem which is military action on any ponyist state who threatens or invades any anti-ponyist state or ponyist factions threatening any anti-ponyist government or its people. We are not here to go on an offensive to kill all ponies but only the ones who cause governments around the world, problems such as revolution, famine, disease and massacres of other sapient beings. We also believe that individual governments should decide their own stance regarding ponyism and not try to enforce that belief on others through propaganda, war or economic sanctions and if they threaten nations who do not take their stance on ponyism we'll defend those nations and their beliefs.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:12 pm

Maven looked carefully at Lord Finn with a bemused expression. Crystal Spires was everything that Lord Finn described as an unfavorable state of the nation, and yet the Spireans were rich with history, culture, unity and they were first and foremost a peaceful people. It bewildered him as to why there would be such a call for a single raced nation state, but perhaps that was because for Spireans who were so cosmopolitan it would be like trying to ask a person to separate the grains of stone in sand, and would be a fruitless effort. Maven listened carefully and receptively to the concerns of the delegate and then spoke with a gentle voice that still held a proud and firm tone with the richness he spoke with before when he welcomed the delegate.

"We of the Union of Equality and Freedom do not believe it is a matter of multicultural or monocultural nationalism that makes a difference, what matters is that you are able to recognize the civil rights and the protected rights of all sapient creatures equally. 'Tis beyond me for a being that is not human nor lived long in a mono-cultural society if you will. I was born in the Protectorate of the Storkii who were isolated and monocultural if you will, and when the Wars of Attrition began our entire protectorate was singled out by the Alteans to the East and we were purged and killed solely for being beastlings. I cannot say that I sympathize with any cultural supremacist view because of my experience either. When I came here to the City of Caltris I was exposed to the great diversity of our Spirean people and I came to love the city and all it stood for. A mixed and diverse culture that was unified under the Spirean banner. 'Tis a feeling that I have much warmth and reverence for, and because of that, I do not have the reservations you feel about racial mixing or racial interaction. Perhaps if you too gave ponies a chance, there would be a possibility for good and warm political relations and you wouldn't need to have to join an alliance whose whole platform is a message of racial and religious hatred." Maven said as he then turned to the Delegate from Soviet Canuckistan.

"Well met, Jean-Francois Coutillard, I am High Chancellor Maven Auryn of the Beastling States of Crystal Spires" Maven said as he put his fist to his heart and bowed in greeting. "I have to wonder why as a democratic nation you do not recognize the rights of an obviously sapient being. I, myself am not a pony but yet I interact with them every other day and I find myself in full confidence that they are not only sapient, but they are a largely not militant as a whole. And we disagree on 'allowing antiponyists to do what they wish without reprecussions.' We know of the actions of many regimes that fly your banner. Making Ponyism a crime, sanctioning the murder of ponies by the thousands. 'Tis unsightly and those in glass houses would be wise not to cast stones. Moreover I believe that there is no viable reason to single out ponies in any of your nation states. Greater Mackonia as well, shooting and beating over 600 innocent protestors to death is why they are facing one of the most destructive wars that they will ever face. 'Tis a result of the outrage that people feel when civil and protected rights of the innocent are disregarded, and we of Crystal Spires believe that while there is much to be said about cultural relativism, there is first and foremost humanitarianism to be concerned about." Maven offered everyone sweet candies as he took a bag of lemon drops and began to eat one.

"My personal stand is that we are justified to judge cultures by their own merits, and even are compelled to INTERVENE if the life or dignity of a sentient being is infringed upon for whatever reasoning, and this right takes precedent over custom. This is the flow of my reasoning:

Even if people live in different frames of reality and cultural relativism is factual, there is a common binding factor that makes us all sapient which is our common desire to pursue happiness, and to avoid suffering and dissatisfaction. there must be mutual respect first in this understanding and inflicting of suffering upon another sentient being done in greed, hatred, or ignorance is what arouses anger in us, and when we see life and dignity of a sentient being infringed upon we are compelled to act.

When we observe and practice customs, a primary drive to sentient beings in an organized society which hurts certain members of that society is to keep an understanding of two important ideas which come into conflict: humane concerns versus cultural relativity. I would say that the former trumps the latter, because the whole point of being culturally sensitive stemmed from concerns about being humane in the first place. It was precisely to AVOID oppression disguised as culture. While is it certainly true that we don't want to become judgmental or attack people because of customs, we must also be careful to remember we are to be humane first and foremost.

Of course there are many grey areas, such as "Who can determine conditions to activate any intervention/judgment?" and "What are those conditions?" and this is where we become key players, debates will arise as to when to act and when not to act, and our legitimacy of acting as moral arbiters may come into question, but we have to remember that this is a quorum that promotes freedom and Equality, and if a custom is oppressive it is counter to our Raison d'être, and thus not protected. If there is one thing we will not stand for, it is for unjustifiable unequal treatment, and this whole organization singles out an entire race and religion for eradication, and we do not feel that it is a respectable attitude with regards to the world stage. Not all Ponyists are as you describe and even fewer are militant as you so describe." Maven said as he looked at all the delegates in turn.

Last edited by Crystal Spires on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 2 3 4 5

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:33 pm

My country and I believe the MAAPS believe that these ponies are not being murdered or that our nations are roaming around with free will. The ponies are not being murdered they are being violent towards our member nations and other nations governments and we believe this has to stop and we warn them but they ignore us and we have to use lethal force to quell these uprisings. We do not allow anti-ponyist states to roam around freely, we allow them to use force to help quell these violent ponyist uprisings and insurgencies. The ponies hide behind this false message of peace and love when they use violence and hatred to overthrow competent governments. Also the MAAPS was not founded to promote religious and racial hatred as you just said we are here to recognize the rights of other sapients to prevent their takeover by these violent beasts and we do not condemn their religion, they can practice it all they want and they are not a race but a species of animal that is not sapient.

I ask you High Chancellor Maven why you do not consider dolphin as sapients as they can prepare food and use language and tools so why do you exclude them from this and why you do not give equal rights in your charter to all races as you say full rights but some races can get more full rights than others and no one ever said those governments have to adhere to the rights given in there constitutions.(OOC:See Constitution of North Korea, it will surprise you)Also you are also a militant organizations since you provide military aid just like us.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:46 pm

"We do no such thing. Your claims about the Union of Equality and Freedom and also on the sapience of Equus Sapiens are fallacious. We are able to use the criteria provided in the Union of Equality and Freedom to define the Sapience of Equus Sapiens and have determined that they are protected by the Charter, and our criteria is verifiable and accurate scientifically. We use the following qualification for any being that has reached maturity in a race, by Piaget's stages of development, that they can pass Kohlberg's moral reasoning test, that they are Sapient according to the Triarchic Model for Sapience by Robert Sternberg. These determinants are used to allow a being to become protected as a Sapient species by the Union and we feel that your use of Dolphins is what we call a strawman argument and is also a red herring. We of Crystal Spires have made it clear that the Union is against the murder of Sapient creatures and it is a farce to claim Equus Sapiens is not sapient." Maven said while furrowing his eyebrows and crossing his arms which made him wince as his arm was in a sling from having been shot in an incident he was not interested in explaining.

"It is beyond your boundaries and the boundaries of scientific evidence to make the claims you have made on Equus Sapiens and our criteria is obviously more than sufficient enough to bar non-sapient species, and you have failed to provide a single instance of organized pony terrorism and how it affected your nations. Beyond that, one of you does not even have any Equus Sapiens, the race in question in their borders. We are not impressed..."

Last edited by Crystal Spires on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 2 3 4 5

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:15 pm

We do have these ponies in our borders and we have interned them as they are causing disturbances in our nation and they have made many massacres and famines due to their violent and eating habits and the multiple coup-d'etats on our government. If you want prof we got it, the terrorist group Al-Ummah attacked our nation by using Ponyist sleeper cells who bombed our capital. Also please show me these tests and how the ones in question satisfy the criteria.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:27 pm

"The Kohlberg Moral Reasoning Test is a test that assesses a being's ability to tackle moral dilemmas and it determines the many ways that their morality can develop and inherently requires beings that are communicative and capable of reason. They must also possess a desire to understand others and the world around them. The stages of Kohlberg's model relate to the qualitative moral reasonings adopted by individuals, and so do not translate directly into praise or blame of any individual's actions or character. Then there is the Triarchic Model of Sapience which determines sapient intelligence as a mental activity directed toward purposive adaptation to, selection and shaping of, real-world environments relevant to one’s life, which means that intelligence is how well an individual deals with environmental changes throughout their lifespan which comprises three types of intelligence which are: componential, experiential, and practical intelligence. These are well accepted Psychological tests to determine a being's sapience and their ability to be protected under the charter. For the beings to do what you so claim, this also implies that they're sapient. There's also an issue we have with your pony terror cells, as we find that your actions have build the environment in which the Ponyists in your nation have been forced to adopt such an underground practice of their religion and they have had to hide because of their race due to your inability to recognize them as beings deserving of equal rights. We believe it would be simpler if you gave them the rights they're entitled to as citizens."

1 2 3 4 5

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:41 pm

I wonder if you see that they fail these tests as they are wild animals and only have a sense of self failing the moral reasoning test and also tell me how they are analytical and they don't shape the environment to their needs and adapt to their environment so they the practical sub theory making them fail two of the three pillars of the theory. So thus they are not sapient beings. Another point to support this is that the words Sapient comes from the latin Sapientia which means wisdom and these ponies possed only basic judgment such as feeding and shelter as they are wild animals and cannot comprehend more complex ideas like modifying their environment or food preparation.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:46 pm

"I believe you have misunderstood the Idea of equality greatly, High Chancellor. For you see to be equal one must be the same. It was to this end we banned the practice of traditional birth in favour of cloning. What you are is what you and you alone make of yourself. You are not born stronger, you are not born swifter, you are not born richer, and you are not born well connected. The very existence of the Pony race threatens that Equality. Whenever there are two groups, they will eventually come to blows. This has been shown true over the entire history of the world. We may seem strange, but that is because we reject the base nature of the world in order to pursue a greater good.

The whole Idea of seperate but equal is a lie, one that in the end consumed the former Republic of Ooh. The war with the foe, whose nature has been unfortunately lost to history amidst those dark times, Left us with little more than a barren wasteland to call home. In that wasteland a realization was made. That equality is by necessity Uniformity...
"

At this point he stops and holds his silence to allow Jean-Francois Coutillard to speak. You get the idea that if he could roll his eyes he would.

"Jean-Francois... If I trusted you to speak upon my behalf I would not have come myself. We may be allies, but our reasons are our own.

I personally care nothing about ponyist terrorists who by very definition are radical fringe groups, Or whether or not the species is Sapiant, as if they were not we would not bother to stand against them. This is a question of defending our beliefs, how long until the legions are forced to face the CoPS because of some pretext? We would rather face them now at a time of our choosing than dodge the issue with pretty words until we stand alone outnumbered and outgunned. Fundementally there is a lack of trust.
Last edited by The Emerald Legion on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bionui
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bionui » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm

A Hour has passed a Turaga Vakama and his fellow representatives walked in taking their seats with the Toa standing up watching over the area.

"So, may I understand the current assessment, I judge you two are from the MAAPS I am correct?" Vakama said as the other Turaga fixed their seats.
Note: Factbooks and Information will take place 30 years into the future from my International Incidents RPing. The dates the information will be in is at 2015 which is All RPing and 2035 which is the future and has not been taken to so it will only be used a few times before I get to the actual part of my story.

In Character refer to me as the Federated States or The Federated Koros of Mata Nui.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:50 pm

I agree with the Emerald Legion as this has turned into a debate of philosophy instead of one of peace and cooperation and I try to represent those not here and the ideals of my nation which for my nation is equality and democracy and the people and our organization which is to oppose the Ponyist threat and Bionul yes me and the Emerald Legion are from the MAAPS.

Bionui
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bionui » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:51 pm

"What is this Bionui you speak of? do you not mean Mata Nui?" Nokama asked as Matau whispered that they were Air heads to Vakama.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:52 pm

"Actually Jean-Francois you fail to understand the way that the tests work, and they do indeed pass the moral reasoning test and the triarchic model for sapience as a species. So once again, your claims are disingenuous. You are comparing Equus ferus caballus with Equus sapiens. They're two different species. If you hate and harm horses, 'tis a strange and inhumane thing, but to hate and harm sapient equines is criminal, and you are making claims about their ability to pass a test you fail to understand. It is our advice that you learn a little bit about the equines and to understand the test we use to demonstrate sapience it is recommended that you take a class on basic psychology to fully understand how the tests I speak of work. Then if you say that they commit acts of terrorism you counter your own claim that they're not aware of the world around them and the other claim you meant about their sapience. You are shooting yourself in the foot with your own baseless claims."

1 2 3 4 5

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Yes, we meant Mata Nui.

Bionui
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bionui » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:54 pm

"So why do they hate ponies, I think they are very colorful." Matau said as Lewa Nodded with a smile.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:"Actually Jean-Francois you fail to understand the way that the tests work, and they do indeed pass the moral reasoning test and the triarchic model for sapience as a species. So once again, your claims are disingenuous. You are comparing Equus ferus caballus with Equus sapiens. They're two different species. If you hate and harm horses, 'tis a strange and inhumane thing, but to hate and harm sapient equines is criminal, and you are making claims about their ability to pass a test you fail to understand. It is our advice that you learn a little bit about the equines and to understand the test we use to demonstrate sapience it is recommended that you take a class on basic psychology to fully understand how the tests I speak of work. Then if you say that they commit acts of terrorism you counter your own claim that they're not aware of the world around them and the other claim you meant about their sapience. You are shooting yourself in the foot with your own baseless claims."

You tell us how they pass these tests as all you have given us is these tests and not how the ponies pass them and the second test has been critiqued for not judged intelligence properly and to answer you Mata Nui we do not hate ponies but just their attempts to overthrow governments and disrupt peace internationally.

Bionui
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bionui » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:05 pm

"Please, no need to refer to me as a great Being, that is all kind but no need." He said.
"Why do think they have no sapience, they talk don't they, are they not self aware?" Nokama asked
"Yeah and why are they able to attack in coordination." Matau added

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:08 pm

"Lord Finn, 'tis my belief that all sapient beings are indeed worthy of equal treatment and respect. 'Tis my belief that for the promotion of good and the common welfare we should thereby affirm Rights to all Reasoned Beings to foster the spread of loving-kindness, compassion, and above all else fairness. Reasoned beings are endowed with reason and conscience, should act kindly towards one another in a spirit of goodness, and promote the furtherance of goodness and happiness for all sentient beings. " Maven said with a warm look.

"'Tis also my belief that beings grow with 'Strengths of Justice' which are civic strengths that underlie healthy community life. At its core is solidarity, citizenship, social responsibility, loyalty, and teamwork and it means working well as a member of a group or team; being loyal to the group. Spireans were brought together by our shared history and our code of conduct, and so we are able to determine that promoting the well-being of one another gave us strength and shared solidarity. And so we grew in power. And Strengths of justice is further given strength by Fairness which involves treating all people the same according to notions of fairness and justice; not letting personal feelings bias decisions about others.

Article II of the Spirean Bill of Rights affirms that Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Charter, without distinction of any kind, such as race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth, blood type, or any other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the Nation State to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

This keeps all Spireans on a Level playing field and it also means that Spireans are obligated to follow the Spirean law in treating others of nation states with the same respect granted to all Spireans. This further builds our strength and it gives birth to Leadership which is the act of encouraging a group of which one is a member to get things done and at the same maintain time good relations within the group. We of Crystal Spires joined the Union of Freedom and Equality and so have strengthened our nation even further, but we look at MAAPS and their societies and we see it everywhere. Weakness... Without Fairness your society becomes unstable, and weak. It is why we Spireans are as diverse as we are, and yet we are a strong people with a great loyalty to our nation. What you need is fairness and any such fear of societal collapse will vanish."

Last edited by Crystal Spires on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 2 3 4 5

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:28 pm

He merely shakes his head, "You still do not seem to understand what I am saying. However I will try to explain, Take you and I for example. Had we both been grown in my country, and assuming of course that we are of equal or near equal skill, you would be as I am today, a lord, just as I am. The same is true for every position and skill within the Empire, now if we simply add ponies to the mix, we are presented with an issue, for Ponies have skills humans can't replicate. Magic, inborn flight, and thus inequality is born, Even within their own race The ponies are Inequal...

You have Equality under law.
We strive for equality in every component of society. Our society is Exemplary of Fairness, nothing that happens to you happens without your action or inaction causing it.

As an aside, may I ask what is the punishment for, and commonness of hate crimes within your country? And as these are meant to be Peace talks, where are the representatives for the CoPS?
Last edited by The Emerald Legion on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates