NATION

PASSWORD

The Stepless ~OPEN~ (Interest Check & Planning)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

The Stepless ~OPEN~ (Interest Check & Planning)

Postby Casl » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:24 am

I was told to post this here.

Written By: Casl
Edited and FInalized By: StGeorge

Death, some said it was the end, others said it was the beginning.

April 3rd 2011

We could never know what happens during and after death, yes we found out chemical reactions that cause some sensations but we just couldn’t figure out what happened. If the religions were all right and the atheists were right too then who truly was? Everyone always argued, but the truth was we would never really know.

But we refused to accept that.

We couldn’t accept not knowing, we couldn’t accept the unknown.

So we formed a team, funded by the government under military classification the project was codenamed “Discovery.”

We started controversial experiments, killing hundreds of animals each day; we were learning a little, but not enough. Soon the government got restless in the project, they wanted to know if they could use whatever we found, and we weren’t finding it. So they forced us to work on humans, we had to kill people, so many people.

After month and countless murders we had an idea, we knew brain function skyrockets for some odd reason when a person dies but we didn’t know why. This was our break; we started building a machine that would force brain function into levels similar to those at the moment of death. We called this machine the gateway. After a year it was done.

We sent in test subjects, they instantly went into a coma, but they didn’t die, they managed to survive. When we looked into their brain activity we couldn’t believe what we were seeing, the levels were getting higher than we could possibly imagine. Nothing we did could have prepared us for this, whatever this spike did it raised human consciousness to a level that was thought impossible.

Soon our own team was trying to get into the machine, we needed people on the other side of that device that understood what was happening. This was everything we wanted, and yet they kept it out of reach. The government was completely overlooking this machines potential, they wanted to use it as a weapon. My and my coworkers couldn’t stand for that, so we devised a plan to get the machine out of the lab.

Our plan was simple, and it only worked because the gateway happened to look like a piece of art, thanks to several complaints about how uninviting it was. We soon acted like contractors, we started taking it out, and we put a fake in. When it was out of the building it was clear, but we overlooked one key problem. Some of us weren't in Project Discovery for science, and we found this out to our cost. A team member pulled a gun, and held us hostage while he arranged his escape.

He explained how this gateway was a way to contact god, to ascend to heaven on earth. He was soon rambling about gods and how this would allow the world to become truly divine. We tried to calm him but he was impossible to sway, his beliefs had clouded his judgment. So he made away with the gate, it would be a year and countless murders before we got to the gate again.

July 5th 2014

There it was… The gate was finally in our hands, well my hands really. Everyone went their path, some lost hope and other were hunted and killed by the government, and I have decided to lock the gate away. After I, and a trusted member of a local crime family managed to move it into a shipping crate, and then we locked the door with more locks then you would ever see on one of these, and destroyed all the keys. As I watched the crate be loaded onto a privately owned ship I wondered what happened to those test subjects, and what the gate truly was.

I thought to myself, its time to let go. I am going into hiding and that gate is to be dropped into the ocean.

Two years later

January 7 2016 England

It was a cold night, raining but manageable. Still tonight Dave and me were going to raid some shipping containers, we might earn a pretty penny, maybe even enough to buy dinner. When we were looking for one to raid we came across one sitting at the very end of the shipping yard, rusted and old, almost like it was in the ocean. We thought this one looked weaker than the others so we decided to smash the lock; turns out there were quite a few locks. After some time smashing the lock and cutting them with a saw we got in, but to our surprise all that was in there was a large silver gate. We thought it was a waste of time but took that silly little gate anyway, could use it in the garden.

Dave and me were in the forest dumping the gate so not to get caught, i didn't want stole goods in the garden anyway. We then noticed a switch on it, a kind of sliding block of black metal, no clear indication of on and off but it was an interesting thing. Dave hit it while I stood back a ways, afraid it might do something. My fears were right, it turned out, as a large bang was heard, and the gate created a small white barrier in it. I was astonished but when Dave got closer he touched the white barrier, and he fell, I ran to him but when I grabbed him I too touched the gate and then everything went white. I wasn’t sure where I was or what I was seeing, but it was unlike anything I had ever seen before.

The complexity of this place was incredible. It seemed like an infinite plane, and in the distance I saw a city. As I walked towards the city this world became more perceivable, an infinite white area with a single massive city in the center, as I approached the city its very majesty struck me. But something was wrong, there were no people here. For about an hour I walked, not seeing another soul, until I saw a figure, and when I caught up to him it was Dave.

As we entered the city we finally noticed people, millions and millions of people. This city was made of levels, infinite levels going up and down, or just going because everything was really infinite here. It was so strange, I was so caught up in accepting it that I forgot about my home, I could only focus on the now. But something wasn’t right here; some people here were just… Wrong.

After a week here I knew what was happening, everyone lived here in fear, at the base level there was a being that had once created this plane, but this being had come to be corrupted, and the entire plan was changing. Some people said it was his choice, others said someone came in without taking the last step as they called it. It turns out we didn’t take this step… We didn’t die.

The plane was becoming bigger, and people were attacking others in the street, this glorious place was becoming a wasteland. Outside of the city it stated to become actual things, not the plane it had once been, it started to become dark red ground with large blackened spikes protruding from it.

Soon the city was in chaos, people were fighting in a world that was supposed to be void of violence. Horrible creatures were appearing on the plane, and soon more people started coming that didn’t take the final step, and these people soon had a name. The Stepless. Some said there was a way to return to the earth, to escape the madness, but I don’t think any of us believe that now.

We remain here, in worsening conditions. Daily there is more violence, more outrages.

More Stepless.

The Basics

To clear anything up you will start by finding the gate in the forest, you will accidentally touch it and become unconscious. Now if your afraid your body will die don't be, every 100 years on the plane is second on earth, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about, yet. Now you'll arrive just after things go wrong, you'll be on the plane when you arrive and will have to make your way to the city. This is a task made difficult by the creatures on the plane, for now you'll have to guess what they are. On another note once you enter the city you can do whatever you wish, if you want to help the corrupted creator or help bring his demise, or if you just want to walk around loot stuff and kill people.

You
Your person is just another person on the plane, however since you are not dead you have the power to corrupt and uncorrupt the people already there. The only person you cannot uncorrupt is the creator and his guards, them along with other players. You are the same person though, unless you get corrupted of course.

Sheets

Name:
Personality:
Bio:
Other:
Link to previous literate RP:

Rules

1. The general rules of RPing, no Gmods, No PPing and just the most basic things.
2. You cannot kill others characters without their, or OPs permission.
3. You cannot corrupt or uncorrupt other players with their permission.
Last edited by Casl on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:20 pm

Nobody cares D=

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 pm

This is actually really cool. I don't have the time to participate in it, unfortunately, but nonetheless I encourage you not to lose faith in this roleplay. Good luck.
Retired

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Ok...
Well i can hope.

Return to NationStates