NATION

PASSWORD

An Evening On The Straits (IC, CoPS)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

An Evening On The Straits (IC, CoPS)

Postby Orlkjestad » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 am

EDIT: OOC: Placeholder for an intro. Post your arrival now if you'd like to; the intro will just be party prep. Most of your info is in the OOC thread.

OOC Thread: Right here.
Last edited by Orlkjestad on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:04 am

Yalij looked up into the sky and saw that it was hard to tell, but it seemed that the sun was setting behind the clouds which spanned across the heavens as the evening mist of Svolaarei clings to his jacket. He looked across the surface of the water with his deep blue eyes as the chill slightly made his him shudder as his mind drifted back and forth. He felt the beginning of the winter winds kiss his furry husky ears which he attempted fruitlessly to tuck beneath a newspaper boy hat.

A loyal man of the High Council, he was Maven's Auryn's, the High Chancellor of Crystal Spires', young apprentice. He was taking on the demanding job of working on the uncorruptible tribunals in order to be accepted as a judge in the High Council, but between all the trial hearing, proposal debates and quorums there was one thing he never had time for, fun. Despite Yalij's playful manner, he never had any time to purely enjoy himself. Aside from the High Chancellor, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Minister of National Defense Yalij had no friends, nor a personal life to speak of. It was this that made him surprised when he was asked by the High Chancellor to attend a party in his stead. Yalij believed that it would perhaps be a business meeting, and so he prepared for another boring night on some sort of dreary frigate, but Maven's paternal manner made him concerned for Yalij and so he sent him on these kinds of assignments in hopes that Yalij could get some enjoyment out of his job which didn't involve him having to be subject to more stress than he had already faced. Yalij already was feeling stressed as he looked at the water seeing his demi human reflection in the ripples as the boat was still.

I'm not sure I'm going to fit in here. I hate parties, I always feel like the odd man out. he thought as he looked around the deck.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Snöhof quickly jumped off the Ship as it finally anchored in the harbour as she kissed the ground bellow her.
"ohh most blessed creation of elderväsena!" she cried in Imerian as Ulrik made his way off the ship and gave the pony a amused look.
"Have jaungfraun not developed her sea legs jet after the journey?" He asked with a chuckle as he remembered the time the white pony had spent sick during the trip which resulted in she giving him an angry look.

"I did not like the sea that much kind master!" she confessed as she decided to snap back to the much larger human was hardly the smartest thing to do.
"Well t'is better than flying in those accursed aeroplanes!" The human replied as he gave the skies a suspicious look with the more than typical distrust Imerians showed anything technologically advanced.

Snöhof on the other hand could hardly believe that it would be a that bad alternative to cross the ocean again, but then again she had thought the same thing about ships and trains just before she boarded the ship for the first time so she supposed he knew what he talked about and gave up on such foolish thoughts as she looked around, they had after all been promised to be picked up by the local territory's leadership.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Jean Waalke Libera International Airport
Orlkjestad

Trotting up the gangway from the shuttle, Starhoof tossed the saddlebag containing her hoof-luggage over her back. It was a relief to be able to stretch her legs again. The shuttle wasn't very large and traffic control at the tiny Spaceport had kept them in a holding circle a lot longer than she'd expected. You'd think they'd never landed a spacecraft here before. Following the hallway to where it joined with a line of other passengers from a different flight, she waited in the queue until she got to the front. The mare in an airport security hat spent a long time looking perplexedly at her passport and government ID, eventually calling over one of her colleagues before they decided that it was indeed genuine and let her through to baggage reclaim. There the Federation Ambassador picked up her suitcase and went through to the airport foyer craning her neck around in search of one of the chauffeurs that was to be taking her to the docks.

Starhoof was incredibly excited for this trip. Although she'd been born in Odins Scandinavia before they began their pony genocide, she had spent most of her life since then as a refugee campaigning to the senate on Unity Station for pony rights. Unity had plenty of swimming pools but no oceans, seas or even a small lake and Ularn II, the planet which it orbited, was still in the early stages of terraforming and had no large bodies of water yet either. Being able to spend real time on a proper sized ocean was an unexpected treat for the young mare newly into adulthood as well as her role as Ambassador to the Coalition of Ponyist States.

Seeing all her fellow delegates outside of the office for once would be entertaining as well. Starhoof couldn't wait to get started!
Last edited by Ularn on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:Yalij looked up into the sky and saw that it was hard to tell, but it seemed that the sun was setting behind the clouds which spanned across the heavens as the evening mist of Svolaarei clings to his jacket. He looked across the surface of the water with his deep blue eyes as the chill slightly made his him shudder as his mind drifted back and forth. He felt the beginning of the winter winds kiss his furry husky ears which he attempted fruitlessly to tuck beneath a newspaper boy hat.

A loyal man of the High Council, he was Maven's Auryn's, the High Chancellor of Crystal Spires', young apprentice. He was taking on the demanding job of working on the uncorruptible tribunals in order to be accepted as a judge in the High Council, but between all the trial hearing, proposal debates and quorums there was one thing he never had time for, fun. Despite Yalij's playful manner, he never had any time to purely enjoy himself. Aside from the High Chancellor, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Minister of National Defense Yalij had no friends, nor a personal life to speak of. It was this that made him surprised when he was asked by the High Chancellor to attend a party in his stead. Yalij believed that it would perhaps be a business meeting, and so he prepared for another boring night on some sort of dreary frigate, but Maven's paternal manner made him concerned for Yalij and so he sent him on these kinds of assignments in hopes that Yalij could get some enjoyment out of his job which didn't involve him having to be subject to more stress than he had already faced. Yalij already was feeling stressed as he looked at the water seeing his demi human reflection in the ripples as the boat was still.

I'm not sure I'm going to fit in here. I hate parties, I always feel like the odd man out. he thought as he looked around the deck.

"And we've got a ship comin' in, Al," a human worker at the docks of the Port of Svolaarei said plainly, as he stared out through his binoculars at the barely-glistening waters of Svolaarei Bay from his position in one of the towers lining the port."When da hell don't we? We're da busiest port in the nation," an older human worker said as he listened to an old, tiny radio located in the corner of the tower. "Well, dis one's from Crystal Spires." The eldest sighed, and deadpanned, "Wow. Dat's so intahrestin'. Please, tell me more." The younger shot the older with the evil eye and said, "What da hell do I do? Dem civilian craft should be going to one of dem marinas." He pointed at some random docks lining the coast. "Ah, screw it, just clear it in. What's open... Eh, dock 4B's empty, clear it there. The younger sighed, and radioed the Crystal Spires craft. "Ey, yah cleared for docking at dock 5... I mean 4B. Welcome tah Svolaarei."
Alert Levels

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:26 am

Yalij who was rather embarrassed smiled as he took out a small gift and presented it to the docksmen. "I ah, thank you for your warm welcome. It pleases me to have received such kindness because I kind of uh, got lost, but, ahem... My name is Yalij Dontoth and I am ambassador and representative from Crystal Spires here about a formal invitation to a party held by Orlkjestad at the Marina, but I find myself to be completely unable to find the way, so I ask that you please forgive my intrusion upon your honored dockside. Here is a gift of butterscotch cakes on behalf of Crystal Spires, and uh... if you could point me in the right direction I'd be immensely grateful." He said with a deep apologetic bow.

Yalij was certainly nervous. He didn't know the customs of Orlkjestad and so he immediately defensively went to default Spirean honorific customs and felt like once again he was setting himself up for ridicule which would make him hide in the upper cloisters for days just so he could curse Maven for having sent him in the first place. He didn't realize that the docksmen were likely completely oblivious to Spirean cultural custom and so would likely be surprised or oblivious to his mannerisms, especially because it was fairly polite for one heading to a party.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Imeriata wrote:Snöhof quickly jumped off the Ship as it finally anchored in the harbour as she kissed the ground bellow her.
"ohh most blessed creation of elderväsena!" she cried in Imerian as Ulrik made his way off the ship and gave the pony a amused look.
"Have jaungfraun not developed her sea legs jet after the journey?" He asked with a chuckle as he remembered the time the white pony had spent sick during the trip which resulted in she giving him an angry look.

"I did not like the sea that much kind master!" she confessed as she decided to snap back to the much larger human was hardly the smartest thing to do.
"Well t'is better than flying in those accursed aeroplanes!" The human replied as he gave the skies a suspicious look with the more than typical distrust Imerians showed anything technologically advanced.

Snöhof on the other hand could hardly believe that it would be a that bad alternative to cross the ocean again, but then again she had thought the same thing about ships and trains just before she boarded the ship for the first time so she supposed he knew what he talked about and gave up on such foolish thoughts as she looked around, they had after all been promised to be picked up by the local territory's leadership.

Out of the mess of large trucks and various dock vehicles came a black, modern luxury sedan driving straight for the dock the Imerian delegates had arrived on. When the car stopped in front of the delegates, its tinted windows shining in the weak Svolaarei sunshine. The right side door opened, revealing the human driver. He had messy faint brown hair, and overgrown stubble. He asked in a raspy voice, "Are yah Snöhof Vind...vildsdotir and her trahveling companion?" as he scratched his head. "I'm with the govahnment. I was told tah pick yah up here."
Alert Levels

China West
Secretary

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby China West » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Lord West adjusted the wheel of the Jackalope. The sixty meter sloop turned towards the marina as she tore through the waves. He smiled to himself as the yacht's deck hands automatically adjusted the sails.

He turned and looked at the small sitting area on the flying bridge.
A young, attractive blonde sat looking out the port side windows at the passing ship traffic.

"We'll be landing at the marina soon..." Lord Wright says to her over the sound of the breeze through the open windows. The blonde says nothing just continues to look out the window.
"Regan...."

She finally turns and stands up. "I'll go tell the girls..."

Lord Wright takes of his sun glasses and stares into her green eyes. "Are you alright?...."

"I'm not sure I will every be alright again...But why the hell are we here?"

Lord West scowls slightly, "Because the ponyists are becoming powerful. This party offers me the opportunity to meet some of their high ranking officials, people that the Corporation may need to get influence over in the near future. People...no ponies, We need to get to know far better.

"Ponies...of course...I never wanted a pony growing up..."

"Well I thought we agreed that you were off the market...it's Kat and Erin who are looking for a new boy toy."

Regan turns and goes down the ladder. Lord West turns back to the wheel and watches as the distance to the marina narrow. He picks up a radio and calls over it, "Start furling the sails."

The Jackalope begins to slow as she aims for the space between two breakwaters. The long sloop glides into the calm water of the marina. After a few more minutes the engines spiral up the Jackalope's maneuvering jets. The sloop turns slightly and noses into a berth of the marina.

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:57 am

"Ohh... well I would suppose..." Snöhof started a bit confused that someone would actually address her first, after all she was just an assistant, while Ulrik was not only a nobleman, but a human as well.
"Truth be told so would that be his lordship Ulrik auf Vasterstjarna and his travelling companion!" he said and cut her off as she took a more proper position behind the nobleman that sounded a tad bit annoyed over how they had been addressed.
"We are however more than thankfully over the offer for the aid to get to our destination!" he continued as he made his way towards the car.
"We are most grateful superior sir!" Snöhof repeated and bowed quickly before she followed Ulrik towards the car.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:16 pm

A sleek, black hydrofoil pulled towards the harbor. She was a fifty-five -meter vessel, equipped with state-of-the-art electronics and security. Saillessly she tore on, looking like a sea monster of sorts. Hence her name, the Kraken. On board was Prime Minister Erica Bachmeier, as well as Minister of Defense Minna Dietlinde-Wilcke. The latter was at the helm, as Prime Minister Erica couldn't steer a ship for her life. As the Karlslandic vessel entered the harbor, Minna noticed a ship bearing flags from a nation she didn't recognise. "Odd," she said, examining the sailing yacht, "I didn't know there would be non-Coalition members attending." She shrugged it off and slowed the ship down, looking for a spot to dock.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Ularn wrote:Jean Waalke Libera International Airport
Orlkjestad

Trotting up the gangway from the shuttle, [url-http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Chris-Thor/Starhoof.png]Starhoof[/url] tossed the saddlebag containing her hoof-luggage over her back. It was a relief to be able to stretch her legs again. The shuttle wasn't very large and traffic control at the tiny Spaceport had kept them in a holding circle a lot longer than she'd expected. You'd think they'd never landed a spacecraft here before. Following the hallway to where it joined with a line of other passengers from a different flight, she waited in the queue until she got to the front. The mare in an airport security hat spent a long time looking perplexedly at her passport and government ID, eventually calling over one of her colleagues before they decided that it was indeed genuine and let her through to baggage reclaim. There the Federation Ambassador picked up her suitcase and went through to the airport foyer craning her neck around in search of one of the chauffeurs that was to be taking her to the docks.

Starhoof was incredibly excited for this trip. Although she'd been born in Odins Scandinavia before they began their pony genocide, she had spent most of her life since then as a refugee campaigning to the senate on Unity Station for pony rights. Unity had plenty of swimming pools but no oceans, seas or even a small lake and Ularn II, the planet which it orbited, was still in the early stages of terraforming and had no large bodies of water yet either. Being able to spend real time on a proper sized ocean was an unexpected treat for the young mare newly into adulthood as well as her role as Ambassador to the Coalition of Ponyist States.

Seeing all her fellow delegates outside of the office for once would be entertaining as well. Starhoof couldn't wait to get started!

The exterior of Jean Waalke Libera International Airport was chaos. Hordes of passengers, of all species, races, sizes, and shapes, were rushing along the pavements along the airport terminals. Noise from the Svolaarei Metro trains running both above and below ground echoed along with faint sound of jets preparing to take off. Taxis, as well as hotel shuttles, metro buses, and regular cars rushed along the roads in front of the terminal, with a black sedan emerging from the madness.
The black sedan pulled up in front of the mare waiting outside the terminal. A young human man stepped out of the car, looked around for a bit, and eventually started making his way towards Starhoof "Ms... Starhoof, I presume? I'm with the government. I'm here to take you to your accommodations."
Last edited by Orlkjestad on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alert Levels

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:Yalij who was rather embarrassed smiled as he took out a small gift and presented it to the docksmen. "I ah, thank you for your warm welcome. It pleases me to have received such kindness because I kind of uh, got lost, but, ahem... My name is Yalij Dontoth and I am ambassador and representative from Crystal Spires here about a formal invitation to a party held by Orlkjestad at the Marina, but I find myself to be completely unable to find the way, so I ask that you please forgive my intrusion upon your honored dockside. Here is a gift of butterscotch cakes on behalf of Crystal Spires, and uh... if you could point me in the right direction I'd be immensely grateful." He said with a deep apologetic bow.

Yalij was certainly nervous. He didn't know the customs of Orlkjestad and so he immediately defensively went to default Spirean honorific customs and felt like once again he was setting himself up for ridicule which would make him hide in the upper cloisters for days just so he could curse Maven for having sent him in the first place. He didn't realize that the docksmen were likely completely oblivious to Spirean cultural custom and so would likely be surprised or oblivious to his mannerisms, especially because it was fairly polite for one heading to a party.

Both dockworkers were immensely confused.They shot each other looks of suspicion, and when Yalij bowed, their faces filled with red. The younger spoke first. "It's... a nice gift, but we're just doing our jobs. And, I don't know how they do it where you come from, but here, bowing is a sign of servitude. Just do a simple handshake when you see someone." The dockworkers continued staring off into space for a short while, thinking, before continuing on.
"Anyway, if you got someone pickin' yah up, go down tah the front gates, it's a short walk... Just make a left and keep on going that way. Government cars are usually black sedans unless it's law enforcement, in that case cars are usually beige, teal, or both. Anyway, goodbye." Both workers stared at the box of cakes, and one said, "Well, no sense in these goin' tah waste..."
Alert Levels

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Yalij gave another small bow as he went toward the front gates looking around the corner and seeing the black sedans.

Bowing, is a sign of servitude? How strange, that people here consider a formal bow to be a mark of servitude. Although I suppose it is because Spireans have the cultural value of 'humbling greatness and exalting the humble' which means that the greatest of people will behave more humbly than those considered to be 'common' or 'worldly'.I think that people who overly exalt themselves are worthy of mockery and they are uncultured and vulgar, but perhaps it is just my perspective Yalij thought as he ruminated over his thoughts looking ahead to see if he could find someone who would lead him to the party site.He didn't know if those sedans were the ones he had to approach, but he approached as he saw people ahead of him.
1 2 3 4 5

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:42 pm

China West wrote:Lord West adjusted the wheel of the Jackalope. The sixty meter sloop turned towards the marina as she tore through the waves. He smiled to himself as the yacht's deck hands automatically adjusted the sails.

He turned and looked at the small sitting area on the flying bridge.
A young, attractive blonde sat looking out the port side windows at the passing ship traffic.

"We'll be landing at the marina soon..." Lord Wright says to her over the sound of the breeze through the open windows. The blonde says nothing just continues to look out the window.
"Regan...."

She finally turns and stands up. "I'll go tell the girls..."

Lord Wright takes of his sun glasses and stares into her green eyes. "Are you alright?...."

"I'm not sure I will every be alright again...But why the hell are we here?"

Lord West scowls slightly, "Because the ponyists are becoming powerful. This party offers me the opportunity to meet some of their high ranking officials, people that the Corporation may need to get influence over in the near future. People...no ponies, We need to get to know far better.

"Ponies...of course...I never wanted a pony growing up..."

"Well I thought we agreed that you were off the market...it's Kat and Erin who are looking for a new boy toy."

Regan turns and goes down the ladder. Lord West turns back to the wheel and watches as the distance to the marina narrow. He picks up a radio and calls over it, "Start furling the sails."

The Jackalope begins to slow as she aims for the space between two breakwaters. The long sloop glides into the calm water of the marina. After a few more minutes the engines spiral up the Jackalope's maneuvering jets. The sloop turns slightly and noses into a berth of the marina.

The marina was populated by a variety of craft, predominantly catamarans propelled using sails. The marina was overshadowed by massive skyscrapers overhead, but still managed to create a certain sense of serenity. A human male dressed casually was leaning on the hood of a black sedan, smoking. He pulled out a canteen, obviously filled with liquor, and took a swig. He spotted the delegates, and made his may towards them. He took a drag form his cigarette, and said, "I believe you're the delegates from China West. I might not look it, but I was hired by the government to take you to the hotel... And don't worry, I can still drive. I didn't have that much to drink. Besides, if anyone can hold his alcohol, I can. So, shall we go?"
Alert Levels

China West
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby China West » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 pm

The long legged brunette in a grey suit and short skirt smiles from behind her sun glasses. She moves slowly towards the driver and raises her sun glasses from her eyes. They are dark green and bright. She stands next to the driver and takes the flask from him.

Kathrine takes a false sip from the flask and then smiles a bit more broadly. "You know..." She lets a finger glide up and down the driver's chest. "...I'm going to have a lot of time to enjoy the city by myself...I would love to have someone join me..." Her hand glides down below his waist.
She leans in to his ear.
"...but I love to drive myself..." She raises her hand up, palm outstreached for the keys to the vehicle. The promise of fun in her eyes and on her lip.

Lord West soon appears with Regan and a tall red head behind him. He looks at Kathrine with a smile. "My dear have you been making a new friend?"

Two crewmen appear carrying the luggage which they load in the trunk of the vehicle without even looking at Lord West.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Imeriata wrote:"Ohh... well I would suppose..." Snöhof started a bit confused that someone would actually address her first, after all she was just an assistant, while Ulrik was not only a nobleman, but a human as well.
"Truth be told so would that be his lordship Ulrik auf Vasterstjarna and his travelling companion!" he said and cut her off as she took a more proper position behind the nobleman that sounded a tad bit annoyed over how they had been addressed.
"We are however more than thankfully over the offer for the aid to get to our destination!" he continued as he made his way towards the car.
"We are most grateful superior sir!" Snöhof repeated and bowed quickly before she followed Ulrik towards the car.

The driver scoffed under his breath in Orlkjestadi. "Pomp Imerian bastard, if I had my way..." The driver then turned his attention towards Snöhof. "Ah, don't call me 'superior' or anything. This is Orlkjestad, if you can think, you're equal to anything else that can think." He got in the car, started up the engine, and turned on the radio. "We're goin' tah Grand Seaside Hotel. You can see it a mile away. Not because it's tall- pretty much every building in this city is tall- it's got a mural on its side. Anyway, we're off." The driver made a left turn, ad continued on through the streets of Svolaarei. Eventually, the car got on a crowded highway, outlines of supertall buildings in the distance.
Last edited by Orlkjestad on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alert Levels

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Orlkjestad wrote:The exterior of Jean Waalke Libera International Airport was chaos. Hordes of passengers, of all species, races, sizes, and shapes, were rushing along the pavements along the airport terminals. Noise from the Svolaarei Metro trains running both above and below ground echoed along with faint sound of jets preparing to take off. Taxis, as well as hotel shuttles, metro buses, and regular cars rushed along the roads in front of the terminal, with a black sedan emerging from the madness.
The black sedan pulled up in front of the mare waiting outside the terminal. A young human man stepped out of the car, looked around for a bit, and eventually started making his way towards Starhoof "Ms... Starhoof, I presume? I'm with the government. I'm here to take you to your accommodations."

Starhoof curtsied in the way she'd seen some of the other mares do at the coalition chambers, hoping that she did not make too much of a hash of it. "I see," she said, smiling politely, "I take it you are Agent Whaler in that case? She took a few steps towards the sedan but did not yet get in as she waited for the bodyguard to respond.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Snöhof tilted her head and gave the human a curious look, it seemed so strange to be considered equal to humans and she was not entirely sure the fellow pulled her leg or not, after all that was what everyone said back home and it was what was written in the holy chronicles so it seemed to be the truth.

"I am most humble for your generosity super.." she begun but cut herself of as she remembered what the man had said
"I am most humble for your generosity sir!" she said which was what the man had asked her to do so she did jump into the car after her master that were busy giving the city a not that impressed look, after all it was hardly Scandera so she supposed that the nobleman had some right in looking down on the foreign buildings and the people there, she on the other hand could not help but to feel that the unfamiliar sights were a bit exciting.

Ramsetia wrote:

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Rupudska wrote:A sleek, black hydrofoil pulled towards the harbor. She was a fifty-five -meter vessel, equipped with state-of-the-art electronics and security. Saillessly she tore on, looking like a sea monster of sorts. Hence her name, the Kraken. On board was Prime Minister Erica Bachmeier, as well as Minister of Defense Minna Dietlinde-Wilcke. The latter was at the helm, as Prime Minister Erica couldn't steer a ship for her life. As the Karlslandic vessel entered the harbor, Minna noticed a ship bearing flags from a nation she didn't recognise. "Odd," she said, examining the sailing yacht, "I didn't know there would be non-Coalition members attending." She shrugged it off and slowed the ship down, looking for a spot to dock.

The same dockworkers who helped the Crystal Spires delegation returned to their posts. The younger spotted another ship. This one was sleek and modern. The younger said, "And another private ship! Should I tell it to go to Svolaarei Bay Marina, or what?" The older one started to complain. "Dammit, all I want to do is listen to the damned University of Svolaarei vs. West Tech game, and you frickin' gotta ask for frickin' 'advice' every time a damned ship comes in! Dear lord, yah baby, can you even feed yourself without asking for help? That guy who gave us the cakes made me miss the first two damned quarters! All I wanted to do today was relax with my damned beer, and listen to Svolaarei kick West Tech's asses! Ach... just clear it in. Tell them to go down to the front gate with that really polite guy, so I can frickin' yell at the sissies on West Tech's football team, and not at you, yah damned baby!" The younger rolled his eyes and spoke through the radio. "Uh, the sleek black craft over near the harbor, you can dock at Dock 6A. Assuming you're here for that party, go down to the front gate. Transportation should be there soon." The younger shut off the radio, and asked the older, "What's the score?"
Alert Levels

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:Yalij gave another small bow as he went toward the front gates looking around the corner and seeing the black sedans.

Bowing, is a sign of servitude? How strange, that people here consider a formal bow to be a mark of servitude. Although I suppose it is because Spireans have the cultural value of 'humbling greatness and exalting the humble' which means that the greatest of people will behave more humbly than those considered to be 'common' or 'worldly'.I think that people who overly exalt themselves are worthy of mockery and they are uncultured and vulgar, but perhaps it is just my perspective Yalij thought as he ruminated over his thoughts looking ahead to see if he could find someone who would lead him to the party site.He didn't know if those sedans were the ones he had to approach, but he approached as he saw people ahead of him.

The small parking lot by the front gate was primarily populated by cars from the 1980s and 1990s, with a few modern cars parked in the area. A large, more majestic black sedan drove through the security gates at the front, and stopped in front of the ambassador. A short human male left the car, and made a beeline for Yalij. "You Yalij Dontoth, Ambassador from Crystal Spires? I'm here tah take yah to your accomodations here in Svolaarei. If you would get in the back, please..." The man got back in the drivers seat, and waited for Yalij to enter.
Alert Levels

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:34 pm

"Thank you Honored sir, I am indeed Yalij Dontoth of Crystal Spires. Uncorruptible Scribe and Apprentice to the High Chancellor. " He said with a formal bow. "I thank you for your trouble." He climbed into the car and his ears twitched in recognition as he began thinking to himself what the possible things he would see on his way to the party. He began to feel a little excitement, but it didn't change his devotion to Spirean composure and poise. His blue eyes glittered with excitement as he smiled and looked out the window and slightly rolled it down, resisting the urge to stick his head out the window to feel the cool breeze.
1 2 3 4 5

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 pm

China West wrote:The long legged brunette in a grey suit and short skirt smiles from behind her sun glasses. She moves slowly towards the driver and raises her sun glasses from her eyes. They are dark green and bright. She stands next to the driver and takes the flask from him.

Kathrine takes a false sip from the flask and then smiles a bit more broadly. "You know..." She lets a finger glide up and down the driver's chest. "...I'm going to have a lot of time to enjoy the city by myself...I would love to have someone join me..." Her hand glides down below his waist.
She leans in to his ear.
"...but I love to drive myself..." She raises her hand up, palm outstreached for the keys to the vehicle. The promise of fun in her eyes and on her lip.

Lord West soon appears with Regan and a tall red head behind him. He looks at Kathrine with a smile. "My dear have you been making a new friend?"

Two crewmen appear carrying the luggage which they load in the trunk of the vehicle without even looking at Lord West.

"By the lord, and I thought I was wasted!" The chauffeur exclaimed. The chauffeur took back his canters and said, "This thing is stronger than an Olympic weightlifter, Ms. I don't want you getting arrested for disorderly conduct off of this." The chauffeur took out a cigarette pack and lit one up and turned to Lord West. "Anyway, I want tah get yah to your hotel before your companion gropes me or something. So, let's go off."
Alert Levels

China West
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby China West » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:11 pm

[quote="Orlkjestad";p="7681139"By the lord, and I thought I was wasted!" The chauffeur exclaimed. The chauffeur took back his canters and said, "This thing is stronger than an Olympic weightlifter, Ms. I don't want you getting arrested for disorderly conduct off of this." The chauffeur took out a cigarette pack and lit one up and turned to Lord West. "Anyway, I want tah get yah to your hotel before your companion gropes me or something. So, let's go off."[/quote]

The woman stops leaning on the driver and stands strait up. "I was trying to be nice, but your as thick as redwood." She walks to the back door and opens it for Lord West. The man's eyes seem to smile at both of them.

Regan walks over and enters the limo first. She seems to ignore the driver completely. Lord West follows with the red head, Erin, climbing in behind him.

Kathrine on the other hand gets into the front passenger seat. She looks as though the alchol has had no effect on her, mainly because she consumed almost none of it, and she seems to focus on the driver as he gets in. "You had better drive as though I was both your mother and a damn police officer...because you get one scratch on my client and you will spend the rest of your short, agonizing life as a enuch. Do I make myself clear?"

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:24 pm

Ularn wrote:Starhoof curtsied in the way she'd seen some of the other mares do at the coalition chambers, hoping that she did not make too much of a hash of it. "I see," she said, smiling politely, "I take it you are Agent Whaler in that case? She took a few steps towards the sedan but did not yet get in as she waited for the bodyguard to respond.

"I beg your pardon?" The chauffeur asked with a confused look. "I don't know anybody by the name of Agent Whaler, and my name is not Agent Whaler. I'm not a Laba agent, or our country's intelligence agency." The chauffeur took out a pack of cigarettes, and lit one up. He took a puff, and looked back at Starhoof. "Anyway, I believe it is time for us to leave for the hotel now. Traffic gets really terrible around noon, and I'm afraid if we take any longer we'll miss our window of opportunity."
Alert Levels

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 am

Imeriata wrote:Snöhof tilted her head and gave the human a curious look, it seemed so strange to be considered equal to humans and she was not entirely sure the fellow pulled her leg or not, after all that was what everyone said back home and it was what was written in the holy chronicles so it seemed to be the truth.

"I am most humble for your generosity super.." she begun but cut herself of as she remembered what the man had said
"I am most humble for your generosity sir!" she said which was what the man had asked her to do so she did jump into the car after her master that were busy giving the city a not that impressed look, after all it was hardly Scandera so she supposed that the nobleman had some right in looking down on the foreign buildings and the people there, she on the other hand could not help but to feel that the unfamiliar sights were a bit exciting.

The chauffeur continued through the crowded freeways of Svolaarei, passing high-rises and some tenements. The car came up to an underwater tunnel, and to what appeared to be a toll booth. The chauffeur exchanged a few words, and he paid the toll. He swore under his breath. "Bloody tolls, I swear, soon the city's gonna charge us an orlkel for every breath we take. The car drove through the snake-like tunnel, emerging at the coast of another island. Above, towering buildings of glass, concrete and steel, most over 300 meters tall. The streets were crowded with hordes of people, mostly human, although some other species could be seen, a lot of them wearing suits and talking on cell phones. The car passed a row of telephone booths, all full, and with lines for them going halfway around the city block. On the streets, performers and musicians performed for tips. The car continued trawling the streets until they got to a whitewashed concrete tower, obviously very tall, though not as tall as others nearby. The car pulled up by the entrance, where staff helped out people with their luggage. The chauffeur said, "This is it. The Grand Seaside Hotel, one of the best hotels in the nation." A member of the staff, a human male, walked up to the car and opened the door. "Greetings to the Grand Seaside Hotel, dear guests," he said. "Shall I help you with your luggage?"
Alert Levels

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates