NATION

PASSWORD

Nuclear Dinner Summit in Beijing

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aravea
Senator

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Harling smiled and said "Of course you'll be allowed to attend Commander. Although I do urge to check your weapons at the door"
Proud Deputy Speaker of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
★★★Proud Intelligence Minister of the United Monarchist Alliance★★★
Note: Currently in the process of overhauling the Aravean factbooks/canon.

Harkonna
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkonna » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:30 pm

"Both lethal and non-lethal I'd expect, General? I assume that'd mean our limbs should be sawn off then, as they're far more dangerous than this." She swiftly flicks her truncheon into her hand, causing the wary FRC guards' eyes to dart to her hand worriedly, but her compatriots didn't move in the slightest. They knew she was making a point. "Yet, I digress. Yes, we'll relinquish all our armaments." She, and the rest of what seemed to be her either aides, or direct subordinates disarmed themselves, and laid a truncheon each on a table in front of one of the FRC troopers. "We'll be heading in now then, again, a pleasure meeting you, and we look forward to seeing you at the summit." With that, the five of them swept past the barricade, and into the building- locating the room the summit was being held in, and settling in, regardless of how many had actually shown up yet. Should it have been empty, it would not have changed their decision to take over a small space to begin preliminary discussions between each other.
The Great and Mighty Frances Callahan, Glorious Leader of Callahan's Wild Cards, Loyal TR Soldier, and a Potato Aficionado. (Also a woman.)

Free Republic China
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic China » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:57 am

As i head down the hall, i notice the Harkonna delegation. i walk over and say, "Greetings Commander. I am Gen. Sho Shin, Supreme Commander of The People's Republic of FRC. I see you have already met my love, Gen. Harling. So good to see you Commander."

Frenseo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

The new beginning

Postby Frenseo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:02 am

This summit is not just a open area for negotiations. But a open area for peace. Said President Frenseo.We are not here just to plan to blow other nations up but to keep us from blowing each other up. This summit will change the world. We are making a difference in the world around us. The nations who praticipate in this summit are amazing in there own ways. Because we care. This is not a artificial statement. Let us celebrate the success of this summit with a toast to the future and to peace.

Free Republic China
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic China » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:28 am

"Here Here" i reply as i raise my beer mug.

Harkonna
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkonna » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:52 am

Hallstatt smiled dryly and nodded to the FRC SCom. As she looked him over, she saw none of the passion or intelligence or passion that was present in her own head of state. Though admittedly, this wasn't the de facto head of state of the FRC, but rather it's military commander. Within Harkonna, the head of the military was also the head of government- and as such there was little distinction between government and armed forces. Rather than speak her mind about his demeanor, she instead nodded in return. "A pleasure, General Shin. And it is certainly good to meet you as well. Might I ask when the talks will begin?" The gazes of the other FHCAF delegates drifted over to the unarmoured man before them. One of them spoke up in a terse and distinctly male voice, seemingly emitted from a small speaker near the bottom of the helmets' right ear covering, his visor still down. "Sub-Commander Renee Harris. I would also like to know the answer to the Commanders' query."
The Great and Mighty Frances Callahan, Glorious Leader of Callahan's Wild Cards, Loyal TR Soldier, and a Potato Aficionado. (Also a woman.)

Free Republic China
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic China » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:58 am

As if hearing her thoughts, i correct the commander. "I am Supreme Commander in FRC, which means i am both head of state and head of military here. We are a highly advanced nation, Commander. I myself hold several college degrees from the University of Beijing and both the military and education are highly valued here in FRC. I am also 6'7 and rather dashing, so i have heard." "Please follow me Commander."
Last edited by Free Republic China on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkonna
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkonna » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Hallstatt grinned, showing a few too many teeth in the process, to the point where it seemed almost predatory and unnerving. "I appear to have underestimated my host, it seems. Yet I am quite aware of the ... Advancements of your nation. I find it almost uncanny how you were able to discern my personal thoughts and opinions from my mere facial expression. I believe it might be wiser for me to ..." She slid the visor firmly back into place, her facial features now utterly obscured by the polarized plate. "Keep such expressions from your rather precise gaze." She turned momentarily, it seeming as if she was talking, but no sound was emitted from the speaker. Sub-Commander Harris sat back down, and nodded, and the four of them seemed to return to amicable chatting. Hallstatt's own daunting 6'4" figure, and quite athletic form, from what could be discerned from her face, and the faint traces the armour gave away of her bodily shape. "Very well then General, lead the way."

Free Republic China
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic China » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:12 pm

"Go down the hall and to the left. that is where we have our dining hall where our meeting shall be held." As the Commander went to leave, i stop her and flashed a steely gaze and reply, "I have been in my country's military and help lead the overthrow of the last leaders. I find that reading a person can help decided what their intends may be."

Harkonna
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkonna » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Hallstatt nodded slightly, not intimidated in the slightest. "I have been in my own nation's military since I was aged eight years old, and served since then. I have participated in our nations countless military campaigns against aggressors and the weak that have foolishly tried to oppose us. And I am well aware of the nuances of perception. I have not closed my visor out of fear, General. It is out of wisdom. I have denied you the ability to read into me. And as such, I have secured both my privacy and revoked your ability to read into me. One must deny a potential adversary, or a potential ally any advantage that would give them leverage. Thank you, for the directions General."
Last edited by Harkonna on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Republic China
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic China » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:27 pm

After looking over the Commander, i smile and say, "My apologies Commander. I underestimated you. You see, i was merely testing you. I do that often to any foreigners who enter my country. Tells me if they are worthy or not. I see a potential friendship between our two nations."

Harkonna
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkonna » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:51 pm

"The measure of one is not how well they appear naturally, but how well they appear under pressure, wouldn't you agree? It shows the true nature of things, rather than what would rather be seen. I see a potential friendship as well. I look forward to the debate during the summit." She chuckles wryly before turning away and proceeding into the dining hall.

Free Republic China
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic China » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:54 pm

"I agree Commander. I look forward to the debate as well." We both walk toward the hall and enter and take our seats, waiting for the rest of the delegates to show.

Aaderonia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aaderonia » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:27 pm

The Pre-Aader was pissed he over slept. After rolling out of the military issue bunk in the Spartan style room he looked at his aide and chuckled not often you see a man who has killed millions in battle throughout his long life sleep with a teddy bear.

OIC: my week was rough friday hospital Saturday christmas shopping Sunday at me girlfriends house to meet the folks.

IC: Slapping his aide awake he got dress in a robe given to him King Aurthur &Merlin years back. A very fancy style he decided to show his age and wisdom. Stepping out into the hallway with his sword Sun Tzu gave him he walk right into his other aide who proceeded to tell him what has happened so far and lead him to the conference room. When he saw these men of power he knew he would influence another generation. He stepped into the conference room and said very humbly sorry i'm but we Aadonians can sleep for weeks.

Pletoriumia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Yes Yes.

Postby Pletoriumia » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:47 pm

We will be attending with the, Minister Of Diplomatic Relations, Jarl Freskov....

CoolBoyGcp
Minister

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby CoolBoyGcp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:57 pm

BUMP FOR FRC
It's My Birthday Today!!!
Average Life Expectancy: Infinite
Population: 1,247,948,000.00
Capital: George City
If you want a war with us, please do so, as we will crush you!
Proud co-owner of Blargoblarg's soul with Morndul
Proud owner of The Nuclear Fist's and the most annoying NSger, Wisconsin7's souls
Proud master of Silvadus, my loyal slave

CoolBoyGcp
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby CoolBoyGcp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Aaderonia wrote:The Pre-Aader was pissed he over slept. After rolling out of the military issue bunk in the Spartan style room he looked at his aide and chuckled not often you see a man who has killed millions in battle throughout his long life sleep with a teddy bear.

OIC: my week was rough friday hospital Saturday christmas shopping Sunday at me girlfriends house to meet the folks.

IC: Slapping his aide awake he got dress in a robe given to him King Aurthur &Merlin years back. A very fancy style he decided to show his age and wisdom. Stepping out into the hallway with his sword Sun Tzu gave him he walk right into his other aide who proceeded to tell him what has happened so far and lead him to the conference room. When he saw these men of power he knew he would influence another generation. He stepped into the conference room and said very humbly sorry i'm but we Aadonians can sleep for weeks.

"Mr. Pre-Aaer?" asked King George. "Can I speak with you?" The king brought the pre-Aaer to the second conference hall,
"I am simply appalled by your comments days ago. You stated that nuclear weapons are not necessary, but in fact they are! Nuclear weapons are vital to our advancement as a species. Nuclear weapons are very useful in wars, and testing them brings greater scientific knowledge to our species. Nuclear weapons are dangerous, and they should only be a last resort. But, there is no sense whatsoever outright banning them! Dear God! And nuclear powered spacecraft? Sure, it's a great concept, and it has been done. But, it is still a very dangerous concept, a better fuel is magnet power! Or solar energy! But not nuclear power. Nuclear energy should only be used in nuclear weapons, nuclear plants are very hazardous. Until we can master nuclear energy, we should only use it for nuclear weapons, thats all. I hope I have proved that your point was wrong to you." Said the King

He burst out of the room, angered. And he went out of the summit, to go see the city. He would be back in about an hour or so. He had his royal Range Rover pull up and take him to the city. "Driver? Take me uptown." said the King. He drove away from the summit, to be back shortly.
Proud owner of The Nuclear Fist's and the most annoying NSger, Wisconsin7's souls

Free Republic China
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic China » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:01 am

Pletoriumia wrote:We will be attending with the, Minister Of Diplomatic Relations, Jarl Freskov....

We look forward to meet you. have your pilots arrive in Beijing at Tarmac 4. my driver will be there to transport you to the summit meeting.

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:16 am

"Herr General, forgive me but I must take leave to return to the GAR to oversee war preparations for the invasion of Soviet Russia.". And with that, Reich Minister for State Security Hugo Honecker left the building and headed for the limo which would take him back to the airport.
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:So, uh... Is this another one of those threads where everyone is supposed to feel outraged and circle-jerk in agreement of how injust and terrible the described incident is?

Because if it is, I'm probably going to say something mean and contrary just to contradict the majority.

This nation is now IC-ly known as the Teutonic Reich.

Free Republic China
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic China » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:26 am

"Most understandable Reich Minister. We are sorry you have to leave."

Aadonia II
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aadonia II » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:04 pm

"Mr. Pre-Aaer?" asked King George. "Can I speak with you?" The king brought the pre-Aaer to the second conference hall,
"I am simply appalled by your comments days ago. You stated that nuclear weapons are not necessary, but in fact they are! Nuclear weapons are vital to our advancement as a species. Nuclear weapons are very useful in wars, and testing them brings greater scientific knowledge to our species. Nuclear weapons are dangerous, and they should only be a last resort. But, there is no sense whatsoever outright banning them! Dear God! And nuclear powered spacecraft? Sure, it's a great concept, and it has been done. But, it is still a very dangerous concept, a better fuel is magnet power! Or solar energy! But not nuclear power. Nuclear energy should only be used in nuclear weapons, nuclear plants are very hazardous. Until we can master nuclear energy, we should only use it for nuclear weapons, thats all. I hope I have proved that your point was wrong to you." Said the King

He burst out of the room, angered. And he went out of the summit, to go see the city. He would be back in about an hour or so. He had his royal Range Rover pull up and take him to the city. "Driver? Take me uptown." said the King. He drove away from the summit, to be back shortly.

the Pre-Aader looked at the delegates and said "please understand my nation has been using space flight for ages, i also would like to point out that i never said anything about banning them. i asked that they be used for much more constructive means. centuries ago my people stopped the use of magnetic fuel because of unwanted effects on planets. our space station is 4 million years old and runs on nexlar energy, a very weird substance only found on our home planet in the center of the galaxy. our scientist will demonstrate to you how to turn nuclear shuttle into a safe flying machine. if you will excuse me i need to go and update the council."
Aadonia II
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

I RP with an Empire of 600 Million
300 Million

250 Million

250 Million

{} Peace
{}Alert
{}Defensive Stance
{}Mobilized
{}Tactical Nukes Used
{}WMDs Deployed

The Tempest of Taubate
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tempest of Taubate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:12 pm

His Holiness Alban Tate walked down to where the summit was to be held. He knew it was going to be a long day of discussions. Two camps had basically formed within the congregation: those who were against any harmful use of nuclear weapons, and those who were willing to trade. His country sat in the second group. He hoped everyone else would seek sense.

He approached the door, and registered the fact that he was still being followed by his entourage. Ever the loyal, he thought to himself.
A Damanucan Puppet

This nation, for all intents and purposes, should be treated as a separate nation to the puppeteer.
It shall also speak and respond in character, and should be addressed as such.

Aadonia II
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aadonia II » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:25 pm

The Pre-Aader finally convinced the council that his plan would work. He said to the men "Humanity loves war and that is understandable but we need to find a way to convince them war with Nuclear Devices will force them intoextinction as what almost happened to us". He then turned to his lead aide and said "Friend these humans are some of the most hard headed group of individuals I have ever met. Even Nero was not this bad literally I should know I cracked his skull after the fire. But I reckon if the plan is to succeed i'm going to have to be very diplomatic. Of course King George is most likely to oppose my logic that I have fleshed over thousands of years. Simply because a man nearly 6000 years younger than I seems to know more than I do".
Aadonia II
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

I RP with an Empire of 600 Million
300 Million

250 Million

250 Million

{} Peace
{}Alert
{}Defensive Stance
{}Mobilized
{}Tactical Nukes Used
{}WMDs Deployed

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:28 am

Aadonia II wrote:The Pre-Aader finally convinced the council that his plan would work. He said to the men "Humanity loves war and that is understandable but we need to find a way to convince them war with Nuclear Devices will force them into extinction as what almost happened to us". He then turned to his lead aide and said "Friend these humans are some of the most hard headed group of individuals I have ever met. Even Nero was not this bad literally I should know I cracked his skull after the fire. But I reckon if the plan is to succeed i'm going to have to be very diplomatic. Of course King George is most likely to oppose my logic that I have fleshed over thousands of years. Simply because a man nearly 6000 years younger than I seems to know more than I do".

Targen Mach stood in his seat. "I agree with the Pre-Aader: we--the human race--do have a thing about war, and we would choose any means in which to achieve our goal in such a war. However, at some point, our fascination with war will result in our downfall, and our use of nuclear weapons will only accelerate that. I would probably go further and say that our fascination with nuclear devices in general will result in our untimely demise. I will stand with the Pre-Aader in suggesting that we should consider alternatives to nuclear weapons, but I would also like to open up to everyone to consider alternatives to everything nuclear."

CoolBoyGcp
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby CoolBoyGcp » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:09 am

Damanucus wrote:
Aadonia II wrote:The Pre-Aader finally convinced the council that his plan would work. He said to the men "Humanity loves war and that is understandable but we need to find a way to convince them war with Nuclear Devices will force them into extinction as what almost happened to us". He then turned to his lead aide and said "Friend these humans are some of the most hard headed group of individuals I have ever met. Even Nero was not this bad literally I should know I cracked his skull after the fire. But I reckon if the plan is to succeed i'm going to have to be very diplomatic. Of course King George is most likely to oppose my logic that I have fleshed over thousands of years. Simply because a man nearly 6000 years younger than I seems to know more than I do".

Targen Mach stood in his seat. "I agree with the Pre-Aader: we--the human race--do have a thing about war, and we would choose any means in which to achieve our goal in such a war. However, at some point, our fascination with war will result in our downfall, and our use of nuclear weapons will only accelerate that. I would probably go further and say that our fascination with nuclear devices in general will result in our untimely demise. I will stand with the Pre-Aader in suggesting that we should consider alternatives to nuclear weapons, but I would also like to open up to everyone to consider alternatives to everything nuclear."

King George was a little offend by the Pre-Aaer's sarcasm, "You know what they say, sarcasm is lowest form of wit. Our nation is highly advanced in space travel. We use many different fuels ourself, some are actually classified. I do however, agree with Targen Mach. It is highly likely that the use of nuclear weapons excessively can cause our demise as a species. Having a stockpile of hundreds, even thousands of nuclear weapons is ridiculous. I suggest that we safely dispose of the bulk of them. 25-75, is mire acceptable. Depending on the size, and threat to the nation. We are developing a technology, that I really shouldn't be telling you all about, but I will. It is called L.R.D.O.S, which stands for, Laser, Ray, Destructive, Orbiting, Satelitte. We currently have 5 of them orbiting the earth as we speak. The great thing is, it is not radioactive. Also, you can set the damage with them. You can destroy everything from a small town, to an object the size of the Moon! Of course, it would be very idiotic to destroy the moon. And Mr. Pre-Aaer, I the intelligence comment that you stated earlier, highly offensive. I went to my nation's best college, when I was only five years old! Furthermore, I have doctorate degrees in medicine, law, business, politics, science, physics, robotics, astro-physics, and geography. So, I am highly intelligent, and surely much more than you, Mr. Pre-Aaer. Furthermore, I believe that you should improve on your grammar, maybe go to college? Which is seems you haven't due to the way you speak. Also, I am 100% sure that your nation's nuclear technology is still dangerous. Nuclear technology, will never be safe. Simply because of this, the atoms which are used to make the nuclear energy. Are highly volatile, and even if your civilization is highly advanced, which I am sure yours is a small amount advanced, but 90% of your claims are highly exaggerated. It is still and always will be a dangerous process, especially in space travel. When the spacecraft needs assistance to get help because of a nuclear accident of a craft, it would take much time for the assistance to arrive. If the accident happened near another government's craft, it would cause damage, and most likely destroyed. That would cause outrage from the international community. Possible trade sanctions, and even declarations of war! I call for your primitive nation to stop using nuclear powered spacecraft, otherwise there will be repercussions." The King walked out of the room, and mumbled, "F***ing Idiot". He walked out the room, went into his room, and called the commander of the military in Coolboygcp, " I need you to draft up declarations of war, and attack plans against Aaerdonia. I think we're going to have to have a war with them, maybe we can try out some new technologies. They are on another planet, so we can destroy their planet with the L.R.D.O.S II, that we just launched." (The L.R.D.O.S II can destroy a whole star system, if necessary.) He then turned on his TV, and watched some movies.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates