NATION

PASSWORD

Akademia Otarerkrya (IC) [Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dzlevamosili Eri
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dzlevamosili Eri » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Nina was very happy to have met new people. She valued having them to talk to. She decided though, that she would go to the Political Science class a little bit early. She walked to the classroom, surprisingly finding it without getting lost. She entered with her notebooks and sat at a desk.

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina was very happy to have met new people. She valued having them to talk to. She decided though, that she would go to the Political Science class a little bit early. She walked to the classroom, surprisingly finding it without getting lost. She entered with her notebooks and sat at a desk.

The classroom was mostly empty, though the popular and distinguished figure of Yeranouhi Martirosyan was easily found. Every room had an office adjoining, and Martirosyan sat in there, conferring with some of her other students about papers. There was an easy, cheerful atmosphere in the place right now as she discussed philosophy with a few and even pulled a book off of one of the shelves in her office, handing it to a student.

The main room had its own little accents, though she was more subtle in her additions than most. There were maps of Nalaya and Xanadou as a whole, pictures of influential figures throughout history, aged propaganda posters, shelves full of books regarding political philosophy, and also framed copies of speeches copied out by hand. The radio was on, alternating between music and Nalayan news, though it could be difficult to follow unless you had a good grasp of the language.
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:"Yes, indeed," he replied. "I took the liberty of presenting documentation. I received word from my older brother of my father's confinement for a heart attack, and..." Ishmael let off, suppressing the urge to cry.

Letting off a long breath, he added, "Excuse me. I lost my mother to the same condition. Has PolSci started yet? If not, I would like to go to the classroom." He gave the documents to Mina.

Gavin's letter, notifying Ishmael of their father's condition
Copy, recent medical certificate for Guillermo Rey Suico y Jamin x 3
Report, EMT Franklin Cruz: first on the scene to respond to a heart attack

Mina nodded and touched Ishmael's shoulder lightly. Nalayans tended to offer each other physical contact as solace. "I am sorry for your loss, but I am relieved to hear of your father's survival. It is a difficult thing, particularly since we cannot control it. Class has not begun, but you are welcome to go to the room. Martirosyan will no doubt be there, but she will likely leave you in peace."

"Thank you, Mina," Ishmael said, bowing his head before taking his leave.

He entered PolSci with a rather somber expression, taking his seat. Come on, Ishmael. Focus. It's what the old man would want, he thought.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:03 am

Something caught Moira's attention, and made her look at her watch. She couldn't say what had made her do so... maybe some latent time-sense, or whatnot. Either way, it was close enough to class time that she made her way to the classroom. Seeing that she'd gotten there a few minutes early, she made herself at home at the desk that she had chosen that first day of classes, and waited for the class to start.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Nordkrusen
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordkrusen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm

"That much i understood, perhaps you could tell me more some other time? is seems as if my Political science class is about to start" Thanking the two for their time, Lothar stuffed more cake into his mouth and headed off for class...he was nearly late to his first one and would not be late to this one.

Arriving a few minutes before class, he began sharpening his pencils lining up his erasers in a neat and tidy row. Though what he had forgotten was to take of the bright red and white knitted scarf...and to the others the contrast to the BDUs would be quite...distinct.
National Anthem:Den Snöiga Nord, Vårt Fädernesland
Motto: "“Is quisnam persevero , perficio maiestas”(he who perseveres, achieves greatness)
Government: Constitutional monarchy
Religion: Lutheran Protestantism

Dzlevamosili Eri
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dzlevamosili Eri » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina was very happy to have met new people. She valued having them to talk to. She decided though, that she would go to the Political Science class a little bit early. She walked to the classroom, surprisingly finding it without getting lost. She entered with her notebooks and sat at a desk.

The classroom was mostly empty, though the popular and distinguished figure of Yeranouhi Martirosyan was easily found. Every room had an office adjoining, and Martirosyan sat in there, conferring with some of her other students about papers. There was an easy, cheerful atmosphere in the place right now as she discussed philosophy with a few and even pulled a book off of one of the shelves in her office, handing it to a student.

The main room had its own little accents, though she was more subtle in her additions than most. There were maps of Nalaya and Xanadou as a whole, pictures of influential figures throughout history, aged propaganda posters, shelves full of books regarding political philosophy, and also framed copies of speeches copied out by hand. The radio was on, alternating between music and Nalayan news, though it could be difficult to follow unless you had a good grasp of the language.

Nina was peaceful, listening to the Nalayan radio and hearing their language and music. It was just as it is in southern Sakhlshi. The language is similar, and so is the music. She really enjoyed looking at the maps, and the photos, and the propaganda. Nina didn't want to disturb the teacher who was speaking with several Nalayan students, so she just stayed seated where she was.

Altakstan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altakstan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Adan walked into the political science class, still mostly empty. Out of the people who sat in the desks, a new student was among them. He couldn't tell where he was from, not being quite familiar with international geography, but she was a little swarthy, but almost white as he himself was. Though he was a tad darker. He opened his note back and left it on a clean page. He began to look at all of the room, it's adornments, and it's alien architecture.
Nation Name: Tribal Confederacy of Altakistan
Wiki Page
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Altakistan

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=142517

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 pm

It was only a minute or two before Martirosyan came out to join them, surveying the group. "Ah, so we have some students who have departed and some yet newer faces. I hope you are all beginning to adjust," the professor said, unbuttoning her jacket and then removing it to rest on the back of her chair. She smiled. "For those of you who are new, I am Himnakan Yeranuhi Martirosyan and this is Political Science. Now, I am not certain how many of you watch the news of either Nalaya or your home countries, so I will make this a general question that anyone may answer. Does anyone have any questions or issues they wish to bring up?"
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Swallni had lost track of the time while she was reading and when she checked her phone she realized that she only had a couple of minutes to get to class. Without bothering to check if there was anyone below her, she tossed down her rucksack. She then got herself to a lower branch and rolled after dropping from the branch. She dusted herself off, grabbed her rucksack and jogged to class for the second time that day. She managed to make it to class and sit down in the back of the classroom a mere few seconds before Martirosyan addressed the class. “Crap,” she thought, “I need to come up with something.” She pulled the tie out of her hair and let it hang loose.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Adah had made much of her free time to really exercise her falcon, and found herself concentrating on that for hours. Then at a certain point she found herself feeling uncomfortable. She had a horrified thought that her period was coming on. Ever since she saw a weird old movie about a girl who somehow developed psychic powers from that coming on she had found a weird twinge in her whenever Aunt Flow came to visit.

It wasn't that. She found herself spending about half an hour on the john. Maybe it was the Nalayan food? She was a rather weary, trembling Adah Weber who reported to a medic to inform said official that she had life draining runs and needed help or death.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:49 am

Moira raised her hand. "I'd like to ask about the peace process between the Edomite government with the EIO, and how it is proceeding, Professor Martirosyan. I think that it would present a good case-study for the class about how civil discontent can begin, and fester for long periods of time until it explodes."
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates