NATION

PASSWORD

Akademia Otarerkrya (IC) [Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina smiled and thanked the guard. She walked into the building to seek out Serzhant Petrosian. She recognised the sound of the name. There is an ethnic group in the far south of Sakhlshi that has family names like that. One of her best friends as a child was named Hmayak Nurbekian. She continued through the halls trying to at least find somebody to ask for directions. She finally came across a man and woman talking. She overheard the woman say the name Nursultan, which was likely the man's name. Nina approached, "Hello, I am a foreign student from Dzlevamosili Eri. I am searching for Serzhant Petrosian."

"That would be me," Mina said, turning around. She clicked her heels together and gave the new girl a sharp salute, though her gray eyes were measuring their new arrival intently. "You must be our new student, Siruhi Tatakishvili."
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Dzlevamosili Eri
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dzlevamosili Eri » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina smiled and thanked the guard. She walked into the building to seek out Serzhant Petrosian. She recognised the sound of the name. There is an ethnic group in the far south of Sakhlshi that has family names like that. One of her best friends as a child was named Hmayak Nurbekian. She continued through the halls trying to at least find somebody to ask for directions. She finally came across a man and woman talking. She overheard the woman say the name Nursultan, which was likely the man's name. Nina approached, "Hello, I am a foreign student from Dzlevamosili Eri. I am searching for Serzhant Petrosian."

"That would be me," Mina said, turning around. She clicked her heels together and gave the new girl a sharp salute, though her gray eyes were measuring their new arrival intently. "You must be our new student, Siruhi Tatakishvili."

Nina smiled, really fond of the military discipline. She had never been enrolled in the military, but since her Father was, Nina was comforted by the salutes and the other signs of honour. Nina returned the salute in the style of Sakhlshi, and said, "Yes, I am Nina Tatakishvili. It is nice to meet you." Nina projected a very happy and confident facade, but her eyes told a story of her upbringing without a mother, in a nation plagued by war.

Altakstan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altakstan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 pm

"Well, perhaps this is because Nalaya's people are older than those of the Confederacy. We still have lessons to learn that your people already have, or Maybe the people from my country are the ones who stand apart because of natural selection. Those who hate war when it comes, tend to perish", Adan suggested. He felt tears coming, but his efforts prevented it from watering his eyes. He had never really thought until now, when confronted with a different way of living life, how harsh life in the Confederacy actually was. They weren't violent without reason or towards those who do not ask for it, but fighting between youths, grown men, tribes. The cities were much tamer, but he had seen the other side. Out in the outskirts of a city, or in the Minor States, people died all the time. Conflicts over insults, perceived insults, and old feuds left many casualties. In fact, the mugging and death of his mother was because of her tribe, and his father, his race as a tribal. It made him sad. Not that he missed them, but that he had never gotten the chance to know them. He snapped out of his pensive mood. "So, why'd you choose to go into intelligence?".
Nation Name: Tribal Confederacy of Altakistan
Wiki Page
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Altakistan

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=142517

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina smiled, really fond of the military discipline. She had never been enrolled in the military, but since her Father was, Nina was comforted by the salutes and the other signs of honour. Nina returned the salute in the style of Sakhlshi, and said, "Yes, I am Nina Tatakishvili. It is nice to meet you." Nina projected a very happy and confident facade, but her eyes told a story of her upbringing without a mother, in a nation plagued by war.

Nina was not out of place in Nalaya, not by a long shot. If anything, that look around her eyes did something to reassure the Serzhant a little bit. It was nice not to have someone who had been raised in a complete vacuum. "A pleasure. This is Nursultan, one of your fellow foreign students. It is a great honor to be responsible for you. So far, I have had cause for nothing but pride."

Altakstan wrote:"Well, perhaps this is because Nalaya's people are older than those of the Confederacy. We still have lessons to learn that your people already have, or Maybe the people from my country are the ones who stand apart because of natural selection. Those who hate war when it comes, tend to perish", Adan suggested. He felt tears coming, but his efforts prevented it from watering his eyes. He had never really thought until now, when confronted with a different way of living life, how harsh life in the Confederacy actually was. They weren't violent without reason or towards those who do not ask for it, but fighting between youths, grown men, tribes. The cities were much tamer, but he had seen the other side. Out in the outskirts of a city, or in the Minor States, people died all the time. Conflicts over insults, perceived insults, and old feuds left many casualties. In fact, the mugging and death of his mother was because of her tribe, and his father, his race as a tribal. It made him sad. Not that he missed them, but that he had never gotten the chance to know them. He snapped out of his pensive mood. "So, why'd you choose to go into intelligence?".

Vana reached out, stroking his arm lightly with his hand to reassure him. Nalayans communicated so often without words that it was easy for her to read his emotions in his body. "I was very good at intelligence work. I learned a great deal as a girl during the civil war. How to hide. How to listen. How to be patient. Who to trust and who not to trust. But more than that, when I made it out of the camps, I did not feel then like I could go back to living a normal life. My wounds were still very raw, the ones that could not be seen. Being in intelligence as an agent allowed me to build my confidence back. I could pretend to be someone else and rebuild myself slowly behind different shells."
- Pope Julius III

Dzlevamosili Eri
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dzlevamosili Eri » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina smiled, really fond of the military discipline. She had never been enrolled in the military, but since her Father was, Nina was comforted by the salutes and the other signs of honour. Nina returned the salute in the style of Sakhlshi, and said, "Yes, I am Nina Tatakishvili. It is nice to meet you." Nina projected a very happy and confident facade, but her eyes told a story of her upbringing without a mother, in a nation plagued by war.

Nina was not out of place in Nalaya, not by a long shot. If anything, that look around her eyes did something to reassure the Serzhant a little bit. It was nice not to have someone who had been raised in a complete vacuum. "A pleasure. This is Nursultan, one of your fellow foreign students. It is a great honor to be responsible for you. So far, I have had cause for nothing but pride."

Nina smiled at Nursultan, nodding to acknowledge him. She was very interested in learning more about where he came from, but the Serzhant was likely very busy, so Nina asked her a question quickly. "Serzhant Petrosian, when is the first class for me? I am very excited to learn about Nalaya. Your country looks so beautiful already to me, and I have barely seen it. It is much like my homeland, my Sakhlshi."

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:23 am

Swallni followed Moira and noticed Nursultan fumbling to put away his instrument and laughed a little inside. She was encountering so many new people at once and was starting to feel a little overwhelmed. Swallni inhaled and exhaled lightly. She was ready to move on. “It is a pleasure to meet you Nursultan.” She then focused on Nina. She seemed to have just arrived and was a little relieved to know that she was not the only one. “It is nice to meet you Nina.” She wrapped a hand around her ring when she realized she had forgotten to introduce herself and addressed Nursultan and Nina “I am sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. You can call be Chetpali for now. Swallni if you are more comfortable with using my given name.” She then gave a small nod to Mina.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

Altakstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altakstan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:01 pm

"That would make sense", Adan shrugged, "Well, regardless of why you do it, I need to thank you again for your work. We couldn't go after any of the Imperium's Vjernaists when we got our freedom. Entire village massacres had went unanswered". He smiled, "You know this city much better than I do. What's there to do after classes?". He paused, "And, by the way, when does the next one start?".
Wiki Page

Dzlevamosili Eri
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dzlevamosili Eri » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Ali-Zebu Union wrote:Swallni followed Moira and noticed Nursultan fumbling to put away his instrument and laughed a little inside. She was encountering so many new people at once and was starting to feel a little overwhelmed. Swallni inhaled and exhaled lightly. She was ready to move on. “It is a pleasure to meet you Nursultan.” She then focused on Nina. She seemed to have just arrived and was a little relieved to know that she was not the only one. “It is nice to meet you Nina.” She wrapped a hand around her ring when she realized she had forgotten to introduce herself and addressed Nursultan and Nina “I am sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. You can call be Chetpali for now. Swallni if you are more comfortable with using my given name.” She then gave a small nod to Mina.

Nina smiled warmly at Chetpali. "Hello Chetpali, it is a pleasure to meet you. Have you been here long? I only just arrived from Dzlevamosili Eri." Nina felt so comfortable here, due to the close similarity to her Sakhlshi. She realised that Nursultan Had been struggling to return his beautiful instrument to its case, and she felt bad that sh hadn't offered any help. Nina spoke to him, "That instrument is beautiful. What is it? We have something like it where I come from."

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina smiled at Nursultan, nodding to acknowledge him. She was very interested in learning more about where he came from, but the Serzhant was likely very busy, so Nina asked her a question quickly. "Serzhant Petrosian, when is the first class for me? I am very excited to learn about Nalaya. Your country looks so beautiful already to me, and I have barely seen it. It is much like my homeland, my Sakhlshi."

"It should be...Political Science, with Martirosyan. We have enough time for me to get you a uniform and show you where you'll be staying. Hopefully you enjoy seeing Nalaya in more detail. For some people, it is quite the culture shock," Mina said with a small smile.

Altakstan wrote:"That would make sense", Adan shrugged, "Well, regardless of why you do it, I need to thank you again for your work. We couldn't go after any of the Imperium's Vjernaists when we got our freedom. Entire village massacres had went unanswered". He smiled, "You know this city much better than I do. What's there to do after classes?". He paused, "And, by the way, when does the next one start?".

"There are many things to do in Sevan. It all depends on what you're looking for," Vana said, removing her hand from his arm. She supposed she'd let it stay there a bit longer than she probably should have and was a little bit embarrassed, though she hid it well. "And class should be soon enough. Shall I let you get back to the others?"
- Pope Julius III

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:55 am

"Dzlevamosili Eri"

Nina smiled warmly at Chetpali. "Hello Chetpali, it is a pleasure to meet you. Have you been here long? I only just arrived from Dzlevamosili Eri." Nina felt so comfortable here, due to the close similarity to her Sakhlshi. She realised that Nursultan Had been struggling to return his beautiful instrument to its case, and she felt bad that sh hadn't offered any help. Nina spoke to him, "That instrument is beautiful. What is it? We have something like it where I come from."

“I only got here just before the first class started, Nina.” Swallni wondered what Political Science would be like. She had avoided it all costs while working on her undergraduate degree. Regardless of how it turned out, she would make sure to take good notes and try to stay awake. The jet lag was only now starting to kick in.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331

Nordkrusen
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordkrusen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:28 am

"That sounds terrific, we might spend quite a bit of time before if have to go off to Political Science..." Putting his pistol and holster into the case, Lothar slung it over his shoulder waiting for the two of them to get finished. Then it came again, her laughter...that melodical sound, almost like a song without words.

Realising that he zoned out a bit, he pulled the scarf upwards a bit to hide his embarrasment, why am paying attention to that again?! she was just laughing, a normal human action... nothing to zone out over you stupid dumbkopf!
National Anthem:Den Snöiga Nord, Vårt Fädernesland
Motto: "“Is quisnam persevero , perficio maiestas”(he who perseveres, achieves greatness)
Government: Constitutional monarchy
Religion: Lutheran Protestantism

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:31 am

Nordkrusen wrote:"That sounds terrific, we might spend quite a bit of time before if have to go off to Political Science..." Putting his pistol and holster into the case, Lothar slung it over his shoulder waiting for the two of them to get finished. Then it came again, her laughter...that melodical sound, almost like a song without words.

Realising that he zoned out a bit, he pulled the scarf upwards a bit to hide his embarrasment, why am paying attention to that again?! she was just laughing, a normal human action... nothing to zone out over you stupid dumbkopf!

Ghazar and Damqis lead the way, not that the cafe was too hard to find with its aromatic smells of coffee, cinnamon, and other spices. The beverage came in small cups, thickened and sweetened by honey. It was almost like syrup in consistency and had so much caffeine that it was a wonder Nalayans ever slept. They ordered for Lothar after a brief and pleasant chat with the young lady minding the counter, and then took a seat at one of the small tables. Along with the coffee came kadaif: shredded dough with cream, cheese, or chopped walnut filling, soaked with sugar syrup.

Damqis pulled down her hood and unwound the wrappings at her face for the first time all day so that she could eat. She looked like no other Nalayan at the Akademia, with alabaster skin and white hair that framed sharply angular features. The only way anyone could tell she wasn't albino was the fact that her eyes had pigment: they were a pale, almost crystal blue. Both of her ears had been pierced many times over, with small rings through her earlobes and then a line of studs running up along the outside curve of her ear. Other than that, however, her face seemed unmarred except for a small scar towards the left corner of her lips. She'd gotten that from a childhood fall up on the obsidian flows. When she removed her gloves, her hands were the same pale shade, the skin taking on a blue hue where veins ran close to the surface.
- Pope Julius III

Dzlevamosili Eri
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dzlevamosili Eri » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Nina nodded to Chetpali and Serzhant Petrosian. "I am excited to go to the class, and learn more things about Nalaya. This land and it's people remind me much of somewhere that we call Somkhet'i." Nina smiled, hoping that her words would be taken kindly.

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Ishmael had received a letter demanding his immediate presence back home, citing what had happened to his father while he was away. As a result, he left the academy in a hurry, but returned just the same.

Room 417
St. Rafael's Medical Center, Cansaga District, Consolacion City
-FLASHBACK-

Ishmael entered the room and was greeted by his father, Guillermo Rey, who was in the hospital bed.

"So," Guillermo asked, "how fares the engineer?"

"I'm fine, Dad. What happened to you?"

"Heart attack. Not a really fun thing to experience, mind you. Especially since--"

"--it was how Mom went," Ishmael completed. "Who's with you?" he added.

"Gavin and his family come in every night since I was confined here. You should know that; his wife's a doctor here."

"An OB-Gyne wouldn't do you much good, Dad--"

"I know; Margaret keeps reminding me of that."

"And Frederick?" There was a knock on the door just after, followed by an officer holding captain's bars entering.

"Well, speak of the devil..." Ishmael said as he greeted his younger brother.

"I guess that answers your question, Ishmael," Guillermo said.

"Came here as fast as I could, Dad," Frederick said. "Lucky, huh?"

"Seriously, bro? He could have gone like Mom," Ishmael retorted.

-FLASHBACK ENDS AT THIS POINT-

Ishmael returned to the Academy in haste after having a good conversation with his family. Carrying the needed documentation--which included Gavin's letter, written in his "Member of Parliament--Personal" stationery--he returned to Sergeant Petrosian to present the documents.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Nordkrusen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordkrusen » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:54 am

Munching on the kadaif, which he found intoxicatingly good Lothar at first didnt notice that Damqis removed her hood and wrappings. She looks like a marble statue... was the fist though tunning through his mind, though what caugh his eyes where the large ammount of piercings in her ears...The phenomenon of piercing wasnt that common in Nordkrusen, and the fact that his mother the countess would strangle him if he ever came home with one caused his interest to peak.

He couldnt help but to think that she reminded him of a winter day, cold, serence, at peace...And beautiful...
There it was again! was he turning mad? trying to avert his attention and stop whatever was hiding in his head from getting any more crazy ideas, Lothar decided to ask her a question.

"If i may ask without seeming rude, do your...your piercings symbolise anything? i mean do they represent something? uh.. i mean..."
Motto: "“Is quisnam persevero , perficio maiestas”(he who perseveres, achieves greatness)

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:24 am

Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina nodded to Chetpali and Serzhant Petrosian. "I am excited to go to the class, and learn more things about Nalaya. This land and it's people remind me much of somewhere that we call Somkhet'i." Nina smiled, hoping that her words would be taken kindly.

"You may find that differences emerge as time goes by," the Serzhant said with a small smile. "On the surface, Nalaya is very different from what is buried deep in its heart. But you will not see that for very much time, I imagine. Here, I'll get you your uniform and then show you up to Martirosyan's class."

The uniform was the Nalayan olive drab field BDUs, complete with patches for her unit. They were nothing special, but they fit well and had lots of pockets if that was one of those things you worried about.

Mina, however, looked up when she saw Ishmael. "Ah, he returns. Good to see you again. Your family business is settled now?"

Nordkrusen wrote:Munching on the kadaif, which he found intoxicatingly good Lothar at first didnt notice that Damqis removed her hood and wrappings. She looks like a marble statue... was the fist though tunning through his mind, though what caugh his eyes where the large ammount of piercings in her ears...The phenomenon of piercing wasnt that common in Nordkrusen, and the fact that his mother the countess would strangle him if he ever came home with one caused his interest to peak.

He couldnt help but to think that she reminded him of a winter day, cold, serence, at peace...And beautiful...
There it was again! was he turning mad? trying to avert his attention and stop whatever was hiding in his head from getting any more crazy ideas, Lothar decided to ask her a question.

"If i may ask without seeming rude, do your...your piercings symbolise anything? i mean do they represent something? uh.. i mean..."

"It is never rude to be curious," Damqis said with a smile. "Many in Nalaya even do not understand our ways. The rings are tokens, one for each name we have earned. And the studs each represent a trial we have passed through with success. It is part of the teachings of the Anur never to flinch from pain, but to embrace it for what it is. So to remind us of what we have accomplished, they give us these."

She studied him for a moment, blue eyes thoughtful. There was certainly a sort of calm that settled around Damqis, as though nothing would ever disturb her. It tended to create an air of understanding and patience that encouraged people to hold nothing back. All of the Imanalov' had it, and it made them popular around the Akademia as confidants, when you had to tell someone something but didn't want it ever to be repeated. It was a sacred trust. "How do you know when you have become an adult in your country, Lothar? We of the Summer Lands know when we have passed enough tests to be given our secret name." Here she touched a silver ring through her right ear that bore engraving different from all of the others.
Last edited by Nalaya on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Pope Julius III

Nordkrusen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordkrusen » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm

"Interesting, when do you use all these differnet names? i could imagine that they would be very similar to titles perhaps?" though curious, her question struck Lothar deeply...when was one really considered an adult? was i the legal definition of 18? how about when one finished the gymnasium or when you got confirmed? though what about people like himself that where irreligious or didnt finish their education?

"You have put me in a tricky spot i must admit...truth is i havent really thought about it myself"

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Nalaya wrote:Mina, however, looked up when she saw Ishmael. "Ah, he returns. Good to see you again. Your family business is settled now?"

"Yes, indeed," he replied. "I took the liberty of presenting documentation. I received word from my older brother of my father's confinement for a heart attack, and..." Ishmael let off, suppressing the urge to cry.

Letting off a long breath, he added, "Excuse me. I lost my mother to the same condition. Has PolSci started yet? If not, I would like to go to the classroom." He gave the documents to Mina.

Gavin's letter, notifying Ishmael of their father's condition
Copy, recent medical certificate for Guillermo Rey Suico y Jamin x 3
Report, EMT Franklin Cruz: first on the scene to respond to a heart attack
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Nordkrusen wrote:"Interesting, when do you use all these differnet names? i could imagine that they would be very similar to titles perhaps?" though curious, her question struck Lothar deeply...when was one really considered an adult? was i the legal definition of 18? how about when one finished the gymnasium or when you got confirmed? though what about people like himself that where irreligious or didnt finish their education?

"You have put me in a tricky spot i must admit...truth is i havent really thought about it myself"

"Not titles, precisely," Damqis said with a smile. "In our tradition, a child is born with only a fragment of their soul. As they grow and change, as they learn the way of the world, they take into themselves the essence of being and create the other pieces of their soul. A thing is only a name, and the physical world reflects this. When they are an adult, they have forged their secret name. But for the rest of the life, a person continually destroys the bad within and recreates from those ashes the good. Like a pheonix. Names give shape, purpose. For example, my birth name was Amelserru, as all girls are called. Damqis is my face name, so it is what the outside world calls me. But at home? I would be Ina Ahisa, my virtue name. And to the Anur, as well as whomever I choose to remain with for the rest of my days, I will be called by my secret name."

The Imanalov' girl laughed. "It sounds very complicated. But when you have grown up in it, the tradition is easy. We create ourselves from only the basic breath of life to true people. When we take on a name, it has great meaning. But it is a way to mark who we have become, how we have changed. Better than just counting the years, yes? No one comes to adulthood at the same pace. Some people who have seen eighteen years are children. Some who are fifteen are already grown."

Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:"Yes, indeed," he replied. "I took the liberty of presenting documentation. I received word from my older brother of my father's confinement for a heart attack, and..." Ishmael let off, suppressing the urge to cry.

Letting off a long breath, he added, "Excuse me. I lost my mother to the same condition. Has PolSci started yet? If not, I would like to go to the classroom." He gave the documents to Mina.

Gavin's letter, notifying Ishmael of their father's condition
Copy, recent medical certificate for Guillermo Rey Suico y Jamin x 3
Report, EMT Franklin Cruz: first on the scene to respond to a heart attack

Mina nodded and touched Ishmael's shoulder lightly. Nalayans tended to offer each other physical contact as solace. "I am sorry for your loss, but I am relieved to hear of your father's survival. It is a difficult thing, particularly since we cannot control it. Class has not begun, but you are welcome to go to the room. Martirosyan will no doubt be there, but she will likely leave you in peace."
- Pope Julius III

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 am

Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina nodded to Chetpali and Serzhant Petrosian. "I am excited to go to the class, and learn more things about Nalaya. This land and it's people remind me much of somewhere that we call Somkhet'i." Nina smiled, hoping that her words would be taken kindly.

Moira didn't have anywhere in particular to go until class, so she had stuck around near where Chetpali, and the Serzhant were. The area was certainly pretty enough, and Moira hadn't taken the time to simply enjoy herself since she'd arrived at the Akademia. Moira was still a novice when it came to drawing things, but she was currently drawing a portrait of Adah, from memory, using a pencil and normal lined paper. Moira was still not entirely decided when it came to Adah, but at the very least, the two were very good friends.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Nordkrusen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordkrusen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:41 am

"Actually it doesnt seem too complicated, and your raise an interesting question which i at the moment do not have an answer for" Damqis was alot easier to talk to than he first expected, it felt natural almost as if the had known eachother for a month rather than an hour. And somewhere she struck a chord within him, it didnt matter how many titles he had because, except notifying the surrounding that he was a nobleman his name did not give the slightest hint about who he, Lothar was, what he had done and what he wanted.

Idly watching her as she ate, he couldnt quite fathom what made him feel so comfortable about her...normally getting this far with anyone back home would be the result of months work...yet this felt...good. "Though i am a curious about this secret name of yours, how do you know what it is?"

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:33 am

Nordkrusen wrote:"Actually it doesnt seem too complicated, and your raise an interesting question which i at the moment do not have an answer for" Damqis was alot easier to talk to than he first expected, it felt natural almost as if the had known eachother for a month rather than an hour. And somewhere she struck a chord within him, it didnt matter how many titles he had because, except notifying the surrounding that he was a nobleman his name did not give the slightest hint about who he, Lothar was, what he had done and what he wanted.

Idly watching her as she ate, he couldnt quite fathom what made him feel so comfortable about her...normally getting this far with anyone back home would be the result of months work...yet this felt...good. "Though i am a curious about this secret name of yours, how do you know what it is?"

"The Anur bestow names," Damqis explained, enjoying her coffee. "They watch you grow and struggle, after all, and when one of my people are in a crisis, it is to them we turn. But it is also a process. I have trouble thinking of ways to explain. There are many rituals and traditions that lead up to it. It is never just a spur of the moment thing."
- Pope Julius III

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:19 am

Swallni figured she had made enough introductions for the time being and decided to do a little reading before her next class. She gave a small nod to everyone nearby before walking off to find a tree with low lying branch and a decent place to sit. Once she did, she aimed her well worn rucksack and tossed it into the tree so that it landed near the spot she intended to sit. She then leapt up, grabbed the branch, and swung herself into the tree. She then climbed to spot in the branches that formed a comfy reclined seat. She reached down and picked up her rucksack and pulled out a small leather bound book of poetry. She hung the rucksack on a nearby branch before relaxing in her perch and opening the book. Climbing into a tree and reading a book had been something she enjoyed since she could both climb and read. It was a way for her to relax and forget the unfortunate twists and turns that life sometimes took.

Altakstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altakstan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Nalaya wrote:
Dzlevamosili Eri wrote:Nina smiled at Nursultan, nodding to acknowledge him. She was very interested in learning more about where he came from, but the Serzhant was likely very busy, so Nina asked her a question quickly. "Serzhant Petrosian, when is the first class for me? I am very excited to learn about Nalaya. Your country looks so beautiful already to me, and I have barely seen it. It is much like my homeland, my Sakhlshi."

"It should be...Political Science, with Martirosyan. We have enough time for me to get you a uniform and show you where you'll be staying. Hopefully you enjoy seeing Nalaya in more detail. For some people, it is quite the culture shock," Mina said with a small smile.

Altakstan wrote:"That would make sense", Adan shrugged, "Well, regardless of why you do it, I need to thank you again for your work. We couldn't go after any of the Imperium's Vjernaists when we got our freedom. Entire village massacres had went unanswered". He smiled, "You know this city much better than I do. What's there to do after classes?". He paused, "And, by the way, when does the next one start?".

"There are many things to do in Sevan. It all depends on what you're looking for," Vana said, removing her hand from his arm. She supposed she'd let it stay there a bit longer than she probably should have and was a little bit embarrassed, though she hid it well. "And class should be soon enough. Shall I let you get back to the others?"

"I probably should", he started, "To make sure I'm heading to the right place. I don't quite have my bearings on the classes after one day". Adan smiled, "Well, I guess I'll see you later". He paused for a moment, then flashed another awkward, uneasy smile before getting up to look for one of his classmates. That was pretty fucking smooth, he thought sarcastically.
Wiki Page

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Altakstan wrote: "I probably should", he started, "To make sure I'm heading to the right place. I don't quite have my bearings on the classes after one day". Adan smiled, "Well, I guess I'll see you later". He paused for a moment, then flashed another awkward, uneasy smile before getting up to look for one of his classmates. That was pretty fucking smooth, he thought sarcastically.

Vana couldn't help feeling a little bruised, but she'd been expecting that. The girl let out a deep breath after he was out of earshot. Just a friend. Just a friend. It was a stupid, little girl feeling anyway, but she took it as a sign that she was really beginning to heal. She stood up and dusted herself off a little, ignoring the raw feeling inside.

"I'm surprised you said so much to him," Khalidah commented, wandering over. "Want to go a round?"

"Please," Vana said with relief, nodding.
- Pope Julius III

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates