NATION

PASSWORD

Paradise Found (ATTN New Hayesalia)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:44 pm

"About as good as one can after a dozen mango daiquiris. But, you know. Standing ovation for last night, I gotta say." Talia said, smiling cheekily. "No need to be so formal anyways. Let loose a little. You sure as hell did last night."

Zellatia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Zellatia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Zellan turned beat red at the comment, "Well. I. Um.Uh. Well.Formal? I just was raised to be very serious about most things. Only time that relents is when I'm drunk. However, I am sure I can... let loose. So.... What now? I certainly don't want this to be, well, a one night stand. I want.... to see you again after today. So... wanna to go out on the town?"

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Talia broke out giggling. New Hayesalians were confident people, and to see a man stutter when asking a girl out was something everyone laughed at- not in a hostile manner, but because there was no need to worry really. "Sure mate, I'd love to. I was gonna make a sandwich but I don't think I've got the motor skills for it about now. Where you wanna go to? There's a seafood place right over on Lilole Road?"

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Zellan twiddled his thumbs behind his back before answering, " Sounds fantastic... Wait. Lunch? How late is it? My kids were outside playing last time I checked but....Wait. Do you want to meet my kids? I'm sure they'd love to meet you. Every single royal person they've ever met has been a Zellatian, and well, the only non-Blite(blue-white), person they've ever really seen up close is Grand Admiral von Leone, and they climbed all over him. So what do you say?"

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:29 pm

"Sure, and I'll tell 'em alllll about the things we got up to." Talia replied. Zellan had snapped his head round and looked at Talia like she was a loony, and she spoke again.

"I'm just kidding. I'd love to meet 'em."

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Zellan went beat red again as he whipped his head towards Talia and sighed in relief, " That's good. Also, don't mind Karl up on the roof, he guards the kids when I'm not here, or when the butler is fetching something, or even whenever. He's is not an enemy so don't panic he looks like he's pointing the rifle at you. Either way, it's full of Tranq, not bullets, so it won't really hurt in case he misfires. Anyways, let's go out."

The two exited outside as the two children who were on the water turned around and saw their father and Talia. "Daddy!" they squeeled as they ran up to him and hugged his legs, the oldest, Zellath, looked up to his dad and climbed up his side to his shoulder where he asked, " Who's she dad?". Zelinara also looked questioningly towards Talia, "Who are you?"

Zellan smiled, "Well Zellath, this is Princess Talia, she's the Queen of New Hayesalia's daughter. She is one of Daddy's friends. She's visiting and would very like to meet you."

Immediately Zellath hopped off Zellan's shoulder and hid behind Zellan's legs, apprehensive towards Talia. "Daddy, are you sure? I've never seen her before." Zellan sighed, " Of course I'm sure. Her and I were in the city yesterday, and as a result we only got home after you fell asleep. Now be nice and introduce yourself."

Zellath sheepishly nodded, "I'm Prince Zellath the tenth, Destroniki, Prince of Mechano. Nice to meet you, your Majesty" and he bowed awkwardly.

Zelinara, not wanting to be left behind, also introduced herself, "I'm Princess Zelinara Destroniki, Princess of Mekania. Nice to meet you Talia" and she curtseed.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:28 pm

"Nice to meet you little royals too." Talia said, smiling. "You can just call me Talia. In my mind I'm only a princess when I need to be. Right now, I don't need to."

She looked over to a basketball net nearby and a basketball about a foot away. "You mind?" she asked, before picking up the ball. She took aim and sunk it right in the net from ten metres. "Old basketball player. It's great fun. What do you guys like playing?"

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Zellath, still behind his father's legs walked forward and through them, much to Zellan's discomfort. Zellath smiled, " I like playing on the beach. It's nice here. It's kind of like Tigaria, but not as sweaty. Sometimes I play basketball, but I can't reach the basket yet. I need to grow 3 and a half more..... what's the measure thingy system again dad?"

Zellan sighed, "We use American Standard, not metric. Honestly, I have no idea what my grandfather was thinking, but at least it's easier to remember then Classic Zellatian Standard. It's feet Zellath, feet."

Zellath smiled, "3 and a half feet, then I can jump high enough to almost touch the rim. At least, that's what the TV says."

Zelinara continued to stand in front of her father, a bit upset that Zellath answered first, "I like the beach too, but I like riding on Clippity Cloppity!"

Zellan sighed, "Wasn't his name last week Shoopy Woopy?"

Zelinara giggled, " His name is my choice. He's my pony, and no one else can have him."

Zellan sighed, " Okay you two, I think you've shared enough. Me and Talia need to go into town now."

The two children looked at each other and screamed, "Pile on daddy!" and jumped him, causing him to fall over. This wasn't going to look very manly.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Talia found the kids hilariously awesome. And, logically, she went into the dogpile with a cannonball. After the pile had subsided, Talia climbed into the Zellatian's limo.

"You up for a barbecue breakfast? There's a place overlooking the beach where you got a couple of chefs working alongside any guest who likes cooking up food. It's mostly communal, you pay entry and grab it off plates. It's pretty damn good."

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:01 am

Zellan stumbled into the car, "Oof. My stomach is both hungry and sore from that dogpile. Sounds good. I've only been in town for three days now, and I have today and three more days before I go back to Zellatia. But before I leave, Zern has to get here. My security detail always insists. ZERN! GET YOUR BUT INTO THIS CAR RIGHT NOW"

Within moments, Zern suicidally jumped into the limo, landing on the seat across from Zellan and Talia, " I have to sit in on another date? Seriously, get a secluded island you two". Of course, because he had meant to say that in his head he covered his mouth, " I didn't mean that my lord, don't fire me, I need this job, my twelve children need the money, I swear I'll never speak again, I promise to kill myself if-" and was cut off before Zellan slapped him across the face, " Who are you, Geadus Lindamere? Stop apologizing! It's fine. Now calm down, we are going to a barbecue breakfast. Wait, you have twelve children? Who are you to say what kind of date I have?"

The limo then promptly left and soon arrived at breakfast place.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:19 am

The twelve children comment made Talia laugh, and so did Zern's. For a security detail, he was an alright guy. "Twelve kids eh? I suppose you could say they're a dime a dozen, but seeing as how you're working for them you certainly must love 'em. You're a good guy in my books, Zern."

A thought came to Talia's mind.

"Why is it that every Zellatian I've evener met has some form of Zeln in their name? Is it a homage?"

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:30 am

Zellan looked back at Zern and laughed as the three of them stepped out, "Our common ancestor, that is the ancestor of all Zellatians, Zell, and is also the man who gaves us our skin color. Modern science has proven, through genetic testing at his grave site of Arche, that he and no other Zellatian from the period had the gene. Our religion, Thelakism, is a mix of ancestor veneration and want to do good by our neighbors. Upon his death, his son declared him a God, which in the Zellatian sense makes him the prime ancestor for veneration. That was around 5000 years ago, yet his body is well mummified. If you ever wish to visit Zellatia, I guess I could take you to the tomb and rent it out for the day. Anyways, let's eat. "
Last edited by Zellatia on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 am

"Sounds like a possibility."

The restaurant was modern. The pinewood floors tapped as shoes went over them and the sounds of grills were constant. It had been petitioned by a vegan group, but it hadn't gone through. There was a salad bar with chips and anything that wasn't meat, including a fair amount of mango. Barbecues were set out on the roof, with a sun shade over the building. The building was two stories high, but the largest amount of floor space was on the roof and that's where patrons ate. The beach could be seen in the background, with a road and tropical greens bordering on the rich yellow of the sand and the crystal blue of the water. The day was almost cloudless- a normal Watrovan day, funnily enough.

"So, you know how to cook?"

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Zellan smiled, " Well, I had to be self-sufficient for a year or so after my father died as I told the royal chefs to feed the soldiers instead of me. The civil war lasted 2 years though, so for the last 1/2 a year they insisted. I can cook plenty of things, but I can't imagine how to cook breakfast barbecue, and barbecue is something rarely found in Zellatia unless it's from a Korean or Ho-Jiner resteraunt."

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:14 am

"Ah well, we won't strave."

Talia led the Zellatian upstairs and signed off on the entry sheet, as "Amanda Huginkizz." Funny. She handed over the Ќ300 and went up to the roof. The smell of beef, bacon and pork was overwhelming, and Talia was first off to get strips of crispy bacon off an oblivious, friendly looking old man with a white moustache and expanding stomach. She also grabbed a juicy piece of medium-rare steak, and sat down at the table. The Zellatian still seemed to be drinking in the atmosphere, and didn't notice the princess leave or return.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 am

Zellan sat down across from Talia and smiled, " Well now, what do we have here? Bacon and Steak? Interesting, never had both at the same time for breakfast myself, I'll head up in a minute."

Zern interjected, "No sir, I'll take care of it." and walked up the stairs after signing in. Zern was quite quick to grab a couple things before he came back down with the same items that Talia brought down with her. "Sir? Got you some food. Be careful, it's kind of hot"

Zellan laughed, "Don't worry Zern, I can handle the heat". He took a bite of the steak, and savored the flavor as he waited for Talia to continue speaking.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:00 am

"Anyways, there are a few things we could do today. I actually signed up to go parachuting today, it's one of my hobbies. About 1 p.m, and I'm licenced to do tandem jumps."

She took a non-chalant bite into her bacon.

"You interested? It's quite safe, and I'm sure we could hook Zern up if he'd like to go. You get a breat view of the cove, I'm told."

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:10 am

Zellan took a bite out of his steak, " Sure why not. I've gone parachuting a few times, but only as a means to escape some place, and believe me that isn't the best way to learn how."

Zern sighed, "Sir, it's a tad too dangerous for my tastes and-"

Zellan cuts him off, "You'll be there to make sure I'm safe. Talia, I think it would be a great idea."

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:58 pm

The two ate their breakfast with gusto, plus mango. At one point, Talia retrieved a piece of paper and some strings, plus a pencil. Zellan looked over the woman with these odd tools as she set off to work. She poked holes and folden the paper, tying string thorugh them and meticulously maintaining them. She had a small piece of meat, and she smiled as she tied it to her paper contraption.

"You know what happens to the human body if the 'chute won't work?" she said, sadistically. "Soemthing like this."

She dropped the steak over the balcony, with it's paper parachute twisting and failing. The tender meat smacked the floor, and broke into two.

"Thanks for watching Talia's anatomy. This type, anyway."

The city didn't have a very good airport, most travel actually happening by boat or train. Helicopters, however, were welcome with four different pads and an entire port. Talia was a Category 6 skdiver, meaning she could jump from 5,000 feet while pulling twirls and spins. The red and black AgustaWestland AW109 helicopter had a serive ceiling of almost 20,000 feet, so altitude was no issue.

She suited up, with a tandem chute and straps and goggles. Helmets were needed, but New Hayesalians rarely used them. They were usually only enforced until one achieved Cat 5 status, but with Zellan being a tandem jumper he was lower than Cat 1. "Get over here, coward." He came over, and the shorter woman hooked him up- spending extra time hooking up the straps between the legs. "Gotta be safe."

Zern was strapped to one of the local instructors, a 3o year old who had legally changed his name to Fulli Sik. As the group loaded into the helicopter, Talia handed over the Ќ2,000 for the day's jump. As the heli took off, the tension rose.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:11 am

Zellan sighed as the helicopter left the ground without his bodyguard Zern. Zern would be at the landing site, but would not be parachuting. Why? Because Zellan had ordered him to do so. He would be able to do this one his own for once, barring the instructor.

Zellan spoke to Talia, " At what height will we be jumping at? I haven't done this type of things for quite a few years!"

Zellan nervously looked down at the ground from the now in flight Helicopter. All those times he had jumped had been out of a plane, not a helicopter. Not only that, but he had had guards at those times as well. Here he was pretty much alone in the sky, plus with an instructor he didn't know. This was starting to stress him out.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:35 am

They had to speak pretty loud to be heard. Talia yelled back, "About 5,000 feet! You'll get fifteen seconds of free-fall!"

The pilot yelled back into the cabin some code- "ETA one minute!" Even if it's meaning was obvious. One minute to drop. Talia slapped the Zellatians helmet, and did her final checks as the other instructor did as well.

They reached the 5,000 feet mark. At 5,000 feet, looking at the horizon gave you clouds. The ground was a rich green, blue with streaks of yellow. Talia climbed out of the helicopter, very lightly. The tandem team did so as well. Talia then grabbed hold of the landing skids, dangling 5,000 feet in the air with only her upper body strength to stop her falling. The buff instructor did the same, as well as supporting Zellan's body weight infront of him as he tried to hold on. It was a competition- the first one to drop was the loser. Harder to do with wind whipping in your face from the blade. And for a tandem jumper, it made the game a lot more exciting.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:03 am

Zellan, already anxious to get the show on the road yelled at both the instructor and Talia, " Seriously? This should not be a game! Just jump already, the suspense is helping no one!".

It was at this moment that both Talia and the Instructor jumped. As the group fell to the Earth, Zellan had time to look towards the horizon and percieve the beauty from this height. Back home in Zellatia, there were many views like this, but without the need to jump off high places to see them. Perhaps when they got back to the ground, he would tell Talia this. Or perhaps not, as they would likely have more important things to talk about. Like how Zellan never wanted to do this again from a helicopter. The parachutes deployed and both groups safely landed on an open site somewhere near the beach. As Zellan regained his footing he could hear voices. Odd, but when he turned around he could have sworn to have seen his father. But the image disappeared as quickly as it appeared and Zellan passed out.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:16 am

Talia landed easily on the open field, as did the tandem pair. Zellan didn't seem easy with skydiving, and to be honest not everyone was. Even though he'd passed out. The shock of the adrenaline was often a lot for the system, particularly so with helicopter jumps. Talia often liked to jump in creative ways, like rolling sideways off the ramp, marching off, or just being thrown out by other jumpers.

"Oi, get up you lazy bastard." she yelled, giving him a light kick. It was often all it took, or sometimes a harder kick. If it didn't work, then something was wrong.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:45 am

Zellan bolted up, with a then unforseen sword apearing almost out of nowhere as he got up and began guarding himself as if he was being attacked. "Oh. Sorry about that. Not used to waking up with a kick to my ribs. Er... have you seen my emergency sword yet? It's really sharp and runed."

Zellan hoped he didn't scare Talia with his sudden actions, he just hope that she didn't think he was paranoid. Instead he now started thinking about what he saw before he passed out. His father. Now he hadn't seen him nearby, but in the forest just beyong the clearing's perimeter. He had to look there now, which he did. Nothing.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:30 pm

"Dude, the fuck?" laughed Talia as the Zellatian looked madly for something. Having kids tended to make people insane, but perhaps there were underlying adrenaline rushes still coming from jumping the 5,000 feet. He wasn't too happy with hanging under the chopper.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates