NATION

PASSWORD

First Gynocratic Summit (Closed, invitation or TG to join)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:34 am

Queen Freeda's head was spinning with all of the new information that she had been given. Their histories had sounded similar, until the mention of marriage. Same-sex unions were still looked down upon in the Empire, with its cultural emphasis on motherhood. She had no idea what "constitutional" meant, or "aircraft carrier." But she did understand the religious and cultural information, and seized on that to form her reply.

"How interesting! I thank you for sharing Lady Jezrahla. We are an island nation, and also have a great affinity for the sea. We do not have as many ethnic groups in the Empire, but we also thrive on what cultural distinctions we have."

That last statement, of course, did not include the natives of the smaller islands, but such a thought never crossed her mind.

"Our people worship the Mother Goddess," she said matter-of-factly, "although for us it is the year 1287. I shall have to make an effort to visit your nation sometime. It sounds fascinating."

She would have loved to keep talking, but she was also wary of "dominating the conversations," so she smiled and ended her last sentence in an ambiguous way, which could either invite a reply or allow her to turn to the other delegates.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 pm

(OOC: sorry for the delay in posting. Hopefully, I will be able to post with more regularity now)

“Don´t worry about your delay, Foreign Minister Lynch.” Said Sophia “please sit and join us.” She welcomed the envoy from Femina Suprema with a bright smile, as all the other, but inside she couldn´t avoid feel a bit of discomfort. She had heard the last news about the suppression of democracy in Femina Suprema, and she couldn´t agree with that. Fighting wars as Gynocracy did was one thing, as the world was full of chauvist enemies, but repress your own people… was a completely different thing.

“Our secret for the success of our nation?” she said, replying to Salt and Aryni questions “very simple: our unity of mentality. We are an artificial nation: unlike the vast majority of nations, Ateneia is not the results of ethnical or geographical bonds. As we have said before, the vast majority of our citizens come from aboard, and it´s the ideal of this country what has attracted them here. The vast majority of our population shares the same ideology, the same philosophy, the same ideals. This unity of mind is Ateneia´s main strength.”

The meal finished, the waiters began to clear the table. At the same time, an assistant approached Sophia with three folders.

“Sisters, if I can have your attention” said Sophia, addressing to the delegations members and spreading the three folders in front of her. “It´s time to begin discussing the matters that had brought us here. In front of me I have three proposals for all the attending governments that in my opinion will contribute to the cause of worldwide feminism.
First one is the Gynocratic Sphere of Commerce, a proposal to foster the trade and economic exchanges between our countries. The second is the Matriarchies Mutual Defence Pact, a military alliance to better defend us of a world so hostile to us. And the third is the Feminist Network of Knowledge, a project to strengthen the links between the humanistic and scientific communities of our countries.
And before we delve in the details of any one of these proposals, I would like to hear your first opinions about them.”

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:25 am

Aryni listened to Lady Sophia with interest. A nation forged from an ideal? The idea was strange, but she believed that she understood it. She wondered how such a nation planned to move forward into the future. The Empire's strict policies had carried it through a thousand years, and absorbed two other major nations into its fold. How long could a nation like Ateneia hope to function?

In the end, Aryni decided that the World-Without-Mothers was even larger and stranger than she had first suspected. Ateneia was clearly well organized, strong, and unified, and was so despite the odd nation of its creation. The Empire would have to learn from such lessons if it was expected to take its rightful place among nations.

Lady Sophia's proposal caught Aryni's full attention, and she felt Zattem and Queen Freeda, who had been chatting, direct their attention also. This was exactly what the Empire had been hoping for. A formal union of allies from which it could share wealth, knowledge, and power. Aryni was certain that an eagerness had entered her eyes, but she quickly repressed it. Such displays were not permissible in a Court setting. When Lady Sophia was finished, she decided to be the first to speak.

"The Shrailleeni Empire is prepared to endorse all three of these initiatives, once specifics have been discussed. Our economy is growing, and a trade agreement could only help all of our nations."

She wondered briefly if the observer of New Edom would be included in the trade agreement. The Empire wouldn't be opposed to the idea, but she was careful to keep within the Federation line.

"The Empire is also concerned with the overwhelmingly large number of male led nations in the world. Our experience is that such nations wish only war and destruction. Therefore, we would be willing to endorse a joint defense initiative as well. At that point, a sharing of knowledge and science seems the logical next step."

Aryni was in her element now, her previous fatigue forgotten. She had risen to the position of Matriach of State not by her bloodline, as many thought, but by her political ability. She saw in the Federation a chance to form a powerful union of states, one in which the Empire could only prosper.
Ask Me Anything IC
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Listening to the Coordinator, the New Edomite women briefly conferred among themselves.
Sif Finnhald said in a clear but carrying voice, "Coordinator, first of all thank you for inviting us to take part, even though New Edom is hardly a matriarchal or female led nation. Our country has only a few months ago emerged from civil war, and we have been rebuilding with breaktaking speed. The innovations in our society have been very radical." she looked around thoughtfully before continuing. "If we could deal with these proposals generally, I think our delegation would find that helpful. The Gynocratic Sphere of Commerce--would this be limited solely to nations that are actually run by women? The Matriarchies Mutual Defense Pact--would non-matriarchies be able to be signatories, or would the MMDP be in theory at least willing to sign agreements with other defense agreements, such as the Xanadou Defense Council? And finally the Feminist Network of Knowledge--how would this organization ideally be willing to help other countries?" she sipped her glass of water, cleared her throat and continued. "Finally, I'd like to say that one reason our delegation came to this conference was to learn. I see very different kinds of countries here--revolutionary ones, ones that are matriarchal by long tradition. I think the last of the three proposals is of particular interest to us."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Jezrahla had responded with, “ And I know that people of the Union would welcome you and your people Lady Freeda,” to Queen Freeda’s words.

Sanjali then came back from the kitchen after commending the chefs on their excellent work on the meal and sat back down next to Jezrahla. The three women listened with interest as Sophia further explained the nature of her nation. Coming from cultures that had known only matriarchy for so many centuries, the nature of Ateneia seemed curious to they Ali-Zebu women. Thier nation had certainly had unfriendly relations with nations on the other side of the cultural spectrum, namely their northern neighbor. At the same time, the Union had also enjoyed very friendly relations and alliances with more patriarchal cultures. Jezrahla thought to herself that regardless of culture or other beliefs, that atrocities were just as easily perpetrated by one sex as the other.

Jezrahla then looked at her companions and they both nodded.

“Sophia,” spoke Jezrahla, “I am interested to see what is within these proposals, but before I put my signature on them I would need to put them before parliament. Of course, I do no think it should take much to convince them so long as the terms are not too restricting.”

Sanjali then spoke.

“ We of course welcome the thought of trade, cultural exchange, scientific cooperation with the nations present.”

Mai decided to wait a little longer to speak as the three of them waited for a response.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:05 am

“Well, I´m afraid that due the aggressive and bloodthirsty nature of the males, the MMDP is limited for nations where women rule” said Sophia, answering to Sif´s questions. “ Same can be said for the GSC, as the aim of this initiative is the create a commercial network adapted to our necessities and tastes. As for the FNK, is focused mainly in all kind of research about feminism or women empowerment, so, of course, individual universities and research center of non-matriarchal countries are welcomed to join.”
“Of course Jezrahla, you will be able to study the proposals with detail. At this stage, they are purposely vague, as the idea is to finish to define them are, in a way that appeal to the maximum number of attending nations.

(OOC: you will be interested in RP the details of any of the proposals, or do you prefer to skip it?)

Femina Suprema
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Femina Suprema » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:05 pm

(OOC - firstly, I'm sorry that RL has forced me to be a bit quiet lately! Second, I'd be interested in RPing the proposals - what do other members feel?)

Andrea Lynch gazed around the room. Although she still felt nervous she was reassured that most of the delegates there seemed to be more or less on the same wavelength.

Even so, it was only Carol Brathwaite that she knew and trusted. She wanted to talk privately to her but that would take time and had to be done discreetly.

In the meantime she responded to the greeting.

"Thank you for the warm welcome," she said. "Femina Suprema is going through a rather difficult time at the moment and we certainly welcome any kind of support. I'm very interested in these proposals of yours and they will have the full support of our government. I know that we are happy to sign up to all three of the measures and that I've been given authority by President Bushell to ratify them on her behalf."

She looked around the room, still nervous and not sure of the various political complexions of the other delegates.

"So how does everyone else feel?" she asked.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:59 pm

(OOC - The proposals definitely need RP'd.)

Aryni listened to the delegates from New Edom, the A-ZU, and Ateneia with interest, glad to see that the other representatives seemed to be as interested in the proposals as she was. She was feeling quite optimistic about the way that things were going so far, and hoped that this trend would continue.

Andrea Lynch, the delegate from Femina Suprema, seemed nervous, and Aryni examined her critically. She compared her observations to the rumors of Femina Suprema that circulated the Imperial courts. She did know that the nation that Lady Lynch represented was powerful, but any weakness that she displayed was fair game if it benefited the Imperial agenda. When Lady Lynch posed her question, Aryni readied an answer, but found herself cut off by a reply from Queen Freeda.

"The Empire would be honored to provide support for your Nation, Lady Lynch." The young queen piped, and Aryni noted with some displeasure that she had failed to keep the excitement from her voice. Nobility. Though she was heir to the throne herself, Aryni sometimes wondered why their archaic system remained in place. The Matriarchs were more than capable of running the Empire on their own...but that was for later consideration. In the meantime she followed up flawlessly for damage control.

She nodded and smiled at Lady Lynch, her thoughts well hidden.

"Indeed, the Empire would be greatly honored to both share its wealth and pledge its sword to all of its regional sisters. And our delegation is also under complete authority from the Mother Empress to ratify any cooperative agreement that may arise. We suggest that these proposals be discussed in greater detail, to foster a greater spirit of harmony before our philosophical meeting tomorrow."
Ask Me Anything IC

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:12 pm

(OOC: I also think that we should RP the proposals)

Mai listened curiously to the other delegates as they spoke. It seemed that some of the other nations were a bit more authoritarian than her home region and nation. She stretched her arms and yawned. She was still feeling the effects of her flight.

“Pardon me, it has been a long day. I am vaguely aware of what is going on in your nation Ms. Lynch. Perhaps when we have a break, myself and the rest of my companions can become more acquainted with what is happening in your nation.”

Jezrahla glanced over at the Lhazastani delegates briefly and though she would have to speak with them when they had finished discussing the different proposals. What she had read about Lhazastan interested her.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Sif sighed. "I had hoped that we were going to be able to hear about how the different countries here are run. I'm not averse to hearing about the proposals, of course, but since two of them would leave my country out, I'm not sure what we would have to contribute here."

"Barring experience," snapped Sarah Carmel, leaning back in her chair. "And it does stick in my guts a little to be dismissed from a possible trade treaty simply because our country is not led by women to the standards of some of the other countries here."

"Having said that," said Dr. Elizabeth Salt, raising a hand in a gesture of peace, "I think our country has a lot to contribute to any discussions here. When our civil war was reaching the point of no return, our leaders chose to talk, chose to listen to religious leaders and non government organizations that pleaded for peace. They chose to negotiate rather than continue to fight. Yes, this was aggression but not mindless aggression. One of the voices they listened to was mine, another Sif Finnhald's. Our Ali-Zebu friends can attest to the fact that we have been trying really hard to bring our country into a good future, with greater political and social freedom. There is a country not represented here most definitely led by women. It is called Nalaya, and it is led by its Protector. If she were here, she would tell you what staunch allies we can be. I personally believe that there is more to treaties than mutual defense. There is also looking beyond our own borders to see the plight of those in crushing poverty and indigenous peoples struggling to not be eradicated. There are the women whose hopes and dreams are held within traditions that bind them, and there are the men who have no idea that they are also slaves to patriarchy." she flushed and looked around. "I hope I'm not interrupting the agenda too much, but I guess I'd like to know what vision there is for a better world that we could discuss here before we discuss treaties and trade."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Aryni blinked, impressed. She had written off the delegation from New Edom as a State-Without-Mothers and an observer, and the eloquent outburst, worthy of the Royal Court itself, caught her unaware. She now studied them more closely, green eyes flashing.

She was more than willing to create ties between the Empire and New Edom. The Shrailleeni only truly trusted matriarchal governments, but was confident enough in the strength of its culture and inherent superiority of female rule to make treaties even with nations of men. But, again, she also had to be cautious not to offend the members of the Federation. This was a top priority from the Mother Empress herself.

She digested what Dr. Salt had said. If it was true that women had been crucial to making peace at the end of New Edom's civil war, than this merely enforced what every Shrailleeni inherently knew about the enlightenment of female rule. She did, however, have an uncomfortable feeling about notions of political freedom and indigenous peoples. The Empire's traditions placed all power within the Imperial Hierarchy, and it was an Empire in fact as well as name. Native Islanders still resisted Imperial rule in some places, though Aryni believed that this information had not yet left the Empire. She would have to respond accordingly.

"The Empire would like to begin with a query if we may, Dr. Salt, and this delegation does not believe that you are interrupting the agenda. This is, after all, a meeting of peace and of good faith."

She paused before continuing.

"We do not wish to offend, so we ask you to forgive our naivete, but did not men begin your Civil War? And did not your voices help end it? We ask because, as far as you have told, your war correlates with a dark time in Shrailleeni history. Our nation was also brought from the brink of man-led destruction, by the enlightened rule of our first Mother Empress."

Now she turned slightly, so that her body language addressed the entire delegation.

"We would like to formally introduce ourselves before you answer, now is as good a time as any. The first Mother Empress was wise indeed, and set forward the rules by which our entire society still abides. The sanctity of motherhood. The wisdom of female rule. And the protection of our valued sons and husbands, rather than their persecution. We stand by our assertion that Ateneia's proposals are beneficial for all of our nations. But we do humbly submit that a broader, formal statement of the broader visions and goals of our union may also be in order."
Ask Me Anything IC

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:11 pm

The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:"The Empire would like to begin with a query if we may, Dr. Salt, and this delegation does not believe that you are interrupting the agenda. This is, after all, a meeting of peace and of good faith."

She paused before continuing.

"We do not wish to offend, so we ask you to forgive our naivete, but did not men begin your Civil War? And did not your voices help end it? We ask because, as far as you have told, your war correlates with a dark time in Shrailleeni history. Our nation was also brought from the brink of man-led destruction, by the enlightened rule of our first Mother Empress."

"It was men." said Doctor Salt. "It was King Mark Obed, who had gone against his promises to our people and thus faced insurrection, and William Touchstone who stood on the side of the people. And yes, our voices did help end it, to be honest mine in particular, because I led the New Edomite Council for Refugees and my voice along with that of the Archbishop of New Edom and others was heard as we offered mediation. I was one of several people at the NECR who put out web messages asking for other nations to come to our aid with food, medicine, shelter and clothing for people who had been dispossessed by the war. I've read something of your history," she bowed her head politely. " We were not blessed with a single leader who was so obviously enlightened--we were a group of people of different interests and viewpoints who had to somehow overcome the differences that made us hostile and find a way towards harmony. And it was my companions, Sif Finnhald acting as Foreign Minister for what was then the Free Congress and Sarah Carmel who was Attorney-General then and is now, who persuaded the King and the President of the Free Congress to listen and come to terms."

Now she turned slightly, so that her body language addressed the entire delegation.

"We would like to formally introduce ourselves before you answer, now is as good a time as any. The first Mother Empress was wise indeed, and set forward the rules by which our entire society still abides. The sanctity of motherhood. The wisdom of female rule. And the protection of our valued sons and husbands, rather than their persecution. We stand by our assertion that Ateneia's proposals are beneficial for all of our nations. But we do humbly submit that a broader, formal statement of the broader visions and goals of our union may also be in order."

"I would like to hear such a vision," said Doctor Salt, her companions nodding in agreement, Sif Finnhald looking interested, Sarah Carmel neutral and thoughtful.

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:17 pm

“I´m really sorry that you found most of our proposals too restrictive” Sophia said to Sif´s complaints “but it´s just the lack of specific institutions for our matriarchies that inspired me to launch this summit.”

“Regarding and statement for the vision and goals of the countries assembled here, I think that it would be most fitting. If we have to build something durable here, it has to be under the foundations of ideological similarities. Maybe the Dual Freedom, that it´s one of the basis of ateneian society, could serve as a base for such a statement, than can be further elaborated by the additions of all the assistants. Let me explain in what consists: here in ateneia we believe in the freedom of the individuals and the freedom of the states, sometimes opposed to each other, and the Dual Freedom establishes the limits between one and the other. We recognize the freedom for each individual to take all the decision regarding her own body and her own life, the freedom of thought and of speech, and the freedom of action as long as doesn´t interfere with the freedom of action of other individuals. And we recognize the freedoms of the states to define the laws that best suits the culture, the desires and the ambitions of it´s citizens, as long as doesn´t interfere with any of the freedoms entitled to the individuals.”

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Sarah Carmel said "What about the men in your society? Do they have similar rights and freedoms?" she also glanced around for a waiter or something, and tapped her martini glass, stage whispering, "My physician told me I need to have one of these an hour."

Dr. Salt was curious about Aryni's reaction, and lifted an eyebrow at her as if to say "Well?" and prompt a response to what had been said.

Sif had to excuse herself to take a phone call. She paced outside the immediate conference room muttering, "What? Are you kidding?" Outside the conference room her ominously big and bald and mirror shades wearing bodyguard, Mr. Shiny, stood nearby, impassive as a wall. "Ah. Alright." she walked back in. "Excuse me everyone. I have a question for the post revolutionary societies here by the way--how have the men responded to the new rule of law? I echo Attorney-General Carmel's question."

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:34 pm

“Well, as I said before, men cannot have ateneian citizenship. That means that they cannot vote, hold public office or serve in the police or the self-defence force, but apart of that they are entitled exactly the same rights and freedoms that those entitled to women in Ateneia. Regarding how mean have adapted to this situation, we have the immense luck of being a quite young country. We didn´t needed to struggle to topple any patriarchal state: the original colonists were mostly women, and after that every man that comes to ateneia does it willingly and already knowing what it´s the situation in the country, so their integration is quite smooth. I hope that this answers your questions” Sophia said with a smile “but I would like to know also what´s the situation of men in the rest of the countries represented in this summit” she said, looking at the assembled delegations “ I know that matriarchies around the world had given different responses to this… problem”

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:59 am

*bump*

This seems to be losing steam.... are you still interested in the RP?

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:00 am

No, I was trying not to dominate it with posts. :unsure: I was waiting for someone besides me or New Edom to reply.
Ask Me Anything IC

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Outside the University on a Major Street

A group of ten young women including one with a video camera and another with a boom microphone arrived outside the university. They were generally dressed in a normal and attractive modern fashion, ranging from skirts to jeans and wearing reasonably modest tops. They ranged from dark olive skinned women with raven hair to ones with creamy skin and freckles and red or blonde hair. Two of them began to hand out pamphlets to passersby that read as follows:

BE AWARE
The New Edomite Government which is attending the summit is a war mongering nation which oppresses indigenous peoples, has not removed arranged marriages from its laws, permits a misogynistic religion to practice polygamy, and has religious courts which settle marital disputes. In spite of the appearance of a cabinet which is almost 40% female, this is not represented in the National Legislature, which is only 20% female, in the Supreme Court, which has 1 woman and fifteen men, and in the military, in which only 22% of officers and noncommissioned officers are female. It is not enough for the Government to pass laws which permit women to breastfeed in public but require them to cover the baby and breast with a cloth; it is not enough for the Government to permit women to be more immodest in public when there are insufficient laws to protect them.
Make your voice known! Insist that your government put pressure on the government of New Edom to hear the voice of her people--the women and those who love them--who want peace, prosperity for all and safety for all.

- WIMEN: student protest group of the Universities of Lookinghaven, Fineberg and Sterry.

While this was going on, six of the young female students began to remove their outer clothing. They looked a little apprehensive but were also encouraging one another, laughing a little nervously. This was the first foreign country they had done this in. When they were totally naked, they held up signs in front of their exposed bodies that read:
I AM VULNERABLE TO ARRANGED MARRIAGE LAWS

I AM UNPROTECTED AGAINST SEXISM IN THE MILITARY

I AM NAKED AGAINST DOMESTIC ABUSE

I AM EXPOSED TO RACISM

I AM EXPOSED TO ANTIQUATED BIRTH CONTROL LAWS

I AM STRIPPED OF HUMAN RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delay in posting.

Jezrahla decided it was time to speak up.

“That is an interesting question you pose Powers. We have not had the same “problems” as the other female dominated nations attending this conference. That said, the only thing a man lacks, in a legal sense at least, is a vote. Everything else is generally dictated by the cultures that have dominated our nation. I hope that answers your question in satisfactory manner, Powers. I can always elaborate if you wish.”

She smiled warmly as she finished speaking and looked around the room.

South East Europe
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby South East Europe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:00 am

Adena Ryokun strolled in, wearing nothing at all, she was worried that they might not view her as female if they saw what she had between her legs but she knew that she was female and she looked mostly female except for that one part. "Our nation is 68% Female and 32% Male, the old Linistean Government was 85% Male despite this fact. Our reborn government is 73% Female and 27% Male. The Uprising Revolutionary Front: General Assembly (URF:GA) has declared me to be the Chancellor of Linistea and I am to fight for equal rights for all Linisteans and fight for equal representation. As Linistea is mostly female, it is only fair that the government be female dominated."
I'm a transgirl in her mid-twenties with multiple disabilities, my name is Maria and my pronouns are female ones.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:27 am

South East Europe wrote:Adena Ryokun strolled in, wearing nothing at all, she was worried that they might not view her as female if they saw what she had between her legs but she knew that she was female and she looked mostly female except for that one part. "Our nation is 68% Female and 32% Male, the old Linistean Government was 85% Male despite this fact. Our reborn government is 73% Female and 27% Male. The Uprising Revolutionary Front: General Assembly (URF:GA) has declared me to be the Chancellor of Linistea and I am to fight for equal rights for all Linisteans and fight for equal representation. As Linistea is mostly female, it is only fair that the government be female dominated."

Out on the street the young protestors were surprised by the arrival of a naked...woman? Man? And glanced at one another as she went in.

Sarah Carmel blinked, tried not to stare. She wondered if she was having delerium tremens at last and put her martini down. Dr. Elizabeth Salt blushed and put a hand to her mouth to hide a nervous laugh; Sif Finnhald drew in a startled breath but realized that this, at last was an official contact with Linistea. She stood up and said with a polite bow, "Chancellor, I am honored to make your acquaintance. Our nations are region mates. I am Sif Finnhald, Foreign Minister for the Allied States of New Edom. These with me are Attorney-General Sarah Carmel and Minister of Health Elizabeth Salt." she smiled at the Chancellor, who had a proud demeanor in spite of her nakedness. The womanly body shape combined with the male genitals was a little confusing to most but Sif had been fully briefed on all Xanadou nations and knew that transsexuality and hermaphrodism were not uncommon in Linnistea. It was just surprising to see it, and the famed Linnistean public nudity right out there for all to see. "I'm very honored to meet you. I'd been hoping to establish contact with your country but it always seems like there's one thing after another. I'm struck by you mentioning that you fight for equal rights for all, and that your government is predominantly female. Does your country not believe in gynocentrism then?"

South East Europe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South East Europe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:00 am

New Edom wrote:
South East Europe wrote:Adena Ryokun strolled in, wearing nothing at all, she was worried that they might not view her as female if they saw what she had between her legs but she knew that she was female and she looked mostly female except for that one part. "Our nation is 68% Female and 32% Male, the old Linistean Government was 85% Male despite this fact. Our reborn government is 73% Female and 27% Male. The Uprising Revolutionary Front: General Assembly (URF:GA) has declared me to be the Chancellor of Linistea and I am to fight for equal rights for all Linisteans and fight for equal representation. As Linistea is mostly female, it is only fair that the government be female dominated."

Out on the street the young protestors were surprised by the arrival of a naked...woman? Man? And glanced at one another as she went in.

Sarah Carmel blinked, tried not to stare. She wondered if she was having delerium tremens at last and put her martini down. Dr. Elizabeth Salt blushed and put a hand to her mouth to hide a nervous laugh; Sif Finnhald drew in a startled breath but realized that this, at last was an official contact with Linistea. She stood up and said with a polite bow, "Chancellor, I am honored to make your acquaintance. Our nations are region mates. I am Sif Finnhald, Foreign Minister for the Allied States of New Edom. These with me are Attorney-General Sarah Carmel and Minister of Health Elizabeth Salt." she smiled at the Chancellor, who had a proud demeanor in spite of her nakedness. The womanly body shape combined with the male genitals was a little confusing to most but Sif had been fully briefed on all Xanadou nations and knew that transsexuality and hermaphrodism were not uncommon in Linnistea. It was just surprising to see it, and the famed Linnistean public nudity right out there for all to see. "I'm very honored to meet you. I'd been hoping to establish contact with your country but it always seems like there's one thing after another. I'm struck by you mentioning that you fight for equal rights for all, and that your government is predominantly female. Does your country not believe in gynocentrism then?"

"We believe that the government must be female dominated to promote equality for all. However, we do not believe that only women should hold all of the power."
I'm a transgirl in her mid-twenties with multiple disabilities, my name is Maria and my pronouns are female ones.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:46 am

Sarah Carmel wrinkled her nose. "It's great that you're all for equality. I don't know if you noticed, the Foreign Minister said a bunch of other stuff too. You know, that courtesy and greeting stuff. And by the way...what's going on down there, if you don't mind my asking...not to be rude but were you born that way or are you in the middle of an operation process or something?"

South East Europe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South East Europe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:58 am

New Edom wrote:Sarah Carmel wrinkled her nose. "It's great that you're all for equality. I don't know if you noticed, the Foreign Minister said a bunch of other stuff too. You know, that courtesy and greeting stuff. And by the way...what's going on down there, if you don't mind my asking...not to be rude but were you born that way or are you in the middle of an operation process or something?"

"Well I have always identified as female but I don't plan on getting any surgery. I am a woman, it doesnt matter what I have between my legs. The male ideal of beauty has influenced people to think that a person needs to have a vagina in order to be considered a female, however this is not at all the case as has been shown time and time again by Linistean Scientists of which 85% are 100% female since very few men achieve university education compared to the women who value education in this nation."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:05 am

Sarah just couldn't shut up about it, she swigged some more of her martini and impatiently wiggled her glass for more. "So...okay. You know female in most biology I ever studied indicates the ability to have an ovum get fertilized and create kids. I have kids, I have pictures here on my ipod. Anyway: so is it a normal penis? Can you um get erect, impregnate someone with a normal vagina? Because see...anyway..."

My God. thought Sif Finnhald. "Chancellor, like I was saying it's an honor to meet you. Why do so few of your men attend or excel at university?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates